Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Holy Actual Fuck. Anyone remember when Rowena taunted Lucifer about Jack and his "three dads" back in 13.22? She knew who Jack was. And it's the same writers in this one! Holy god, their incompetence knows no bounds.

ETA: Actually it was 13.21, written by Berens. The incompetence lies with the complete lack of cohesiveness among the writers and the showrunner.

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 3

Em, what is the "spoiler tumblr"?

You can find it here

It`s a compilaton of spoilers that is regularly updated, including guest stars, writers, when episodes are shot etc.

Holy Actual Fuck. Anyone remember when Rowena taunted Lucifer about Jack and his "three dads" back in 13.22? She knew who Jack was. And it's the same writers in this one! Holy god, their incompetence knows no bounds.

Hahahaha, yes, you`re right. And it`s been 8 episodes since then. 8, and they can`t even keep their own writing straight.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

ETA: Actually it was 13.21, written by Berens. The incompetence lies with the complete lack of cohesiveness among the writers and the showrunner.

This is what I'm saying. It's absolute incompetence, no matter who is writing it. JFC.

Okay, promo pics here for episode 8 still show woobie bedridden Jack so this "woe is me, I`m dying without my grace" is an ongoing storyline. Oh joy. 

Since the summary says the brothers will join forces with an unexpected ally and that will alter the course of two lives, is this gonna be the "we go to the Empty" episode? One life altered is gonna be Jack, the other? Probably Nick for some inane reason.

Though I believe that is gonna be just Cas going to the Empty. And who is an unexpected ally at this point? Only Michael would be unexpected and I`m 100 % sure it`s not him. Other than that, Billie? They worked with her so often. There aren`t really other power players left. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2

Buckner also notes that Michael is “out there with an agenda somewhere, and the question mark is, ‘Does he need permission to take Dean over again?'”

No.  No he doesn't.  We've already figured that one out Mr. Buckner. His "I own you."

And it IS just like Dean to try and actively ignore a dizzy moment.  He probably won't connect it to Michael for a while.  Once he does, I think he'll fess up.  He was pretty candid about being compromised by Amara.  If he thinks it's a threat, he'll say something.  If he thinks he's simply ill, he'll be quiet.  

Thanks @Lemuria for the article.  Between that and Jensen confessing we haven't seen the last of Michael!Dean, I think this is definitely coming out at mid-season.

Again, I HOPE the spear is the Spear of Destiny.  I know it's unlikely but that's what I hope for (and will take full credit for if it happens). 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

I’m not sure this will work. If it does (🎇🎆)it’s an article quoting Dabb and JA about Michael/Dean and Dean’s fuzzy moment this ep.

Tvline article

Ok, so it looks like this is what "takes its toll" on Dean, not Nougat Boy's tuberculosis (thank goodness!). If even the Nepotism Duo are hinting at Michael shenanigans instead of just Damage Control Dabb, I have some hope that Dean still has a part to play that's more substantial than fretting nursemaid. 

There were previous hints from the writers that Dean Done Come Back Wrong. Dabb said that to get rid of Michael!Dean by episode 2 would disrespect Jensen's work on the character, which would be a record low point for his professional integrity if he didn't mean it. It looks like 14.05 with the djinn wasn't a fluke.

The writers are putting way too light of a touch on this, though. I want MORE, and I'm certain that the majority of the viewers do as well. It amazes me how reserved and subtle they're being with their one compelling story while simultaneously cramming forced, inorganic ones down our throats. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

It’s literally just standing and sitting around. 

I know.  Can’t you just feel the excitement quotient ramping up? Who the heck does the CW hired to do there publicity?  Advertising school dropouts? (I used the microphone function and it got “publicity” right at first before changing it to “Publis city.”  What??)

There was a user on Reddit (where I first found the photos when I googled for them) who was ecstatic by the photos because at last we’re getting back to the Sam and Jack relationship. Boy, there really isn’t a lot going on this season is there, if this is the high point. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Res said:

Honestly, it really looked like 1 photo from the episode and the others were of the actors just goofing

IA, weird but it doesn't look like I will be chewing my fingernails waiting for the next ep after mid-season final. I don't get the pacing on this show, at all.

• Love 3

I don’t know if this is the original promo for tonight’s ep or not but if not, you’ll find this one at @cw_spn at or near the top.

The “awesome” from Dean put me in mind of the Elliot Ness ep:  “Is he some kind of religious nut?”

Edited by Lemuria

I re-watched the last episode--I think I know what is going on.  BOTH TIMES had his vision spells they all were talking about Jack's health--the first time talking about his health in general THEN the second time discussing going to the Shaman to help Jack.

I don't think it's a coincidence Jack was being discussed while both spells were going on--my theory is Michael is able to use Dean to see and spy wherever he is(Michael may still be in Dean but my theory is he is not at this time but can still use him+may go back into him later).  AND Michael is very interested in Jack...to use him as a weapon.  So I believe Michael went to the Shaman first and gave him a corrupted version of his Grace(a version of what he uses on the monsters)...which will turn Jack bad and a weapon for Michael.  

So I think Jack recovers, eventually goes bad and Michael uses him--causing much angst for his 3 dads.

11 minutes ago, Jakes said:

o I think Jack recovers, eventually goes bad and Michael uses him--causing much angst for his 3 dads.

I really hope this isn't the direction their going because watching Sam, Dean and Cas stand around twiddling their thumbs is making for a very dull season so far. 

I was hoping that Michael wanted something from Dean since Dean is this true vessel. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I really hope this isn't the direction their going because watching Sam, Dean and Cas stand around twiddling their thumbs is making for a very dull season so far. 

I was hoping that Michael wanted something from Dean since Dean is this true vessel. 

Of course just a theory but if true then i'm sure the guys will be in much action to fight this, so doubt they'll just twiddle their thumbs.  I would also guess if Michael can see thru Dean, he may very well still be in control and end up back in him.

I hope after this episode they`re dialing back on this overemphasis on Jack. There is no hope for that with Nickifer so I don`t even bother, just forward. I want Dean`s storyline with Michael to be picked up again. The djinn thing was in episode 5, now would be a could time to revisit that. And not make it about Jack. Since they refuse to make the character anything but one-note cutified saint, I need some serious breathing room from the treacly scenes that brings. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

I hope after this episode they`re dialing back on this overemphasis on Jack. There is no hope for that with Nickifer so I don`t even bother, just forward. I want Dean`s storyline with Michael to be picked up again. The djinn thing was in episode 5, now would be a could time to revisit that. And not make it about Jack. Since they refuse to make the character anything but one-note cutified saint, I need some serious breathing room from the treacly scenes that brings. 

Well I like Jacky boy so we disagree on that.   That said Jack like everyone else will be in and out of the show--with only Dean and Sam in every show.  And also if Jack does go bad, he won't be saintly.

1 minute ago, Jakes said:

And also if Jack does go bad, he won't be saintly

Jack isn't going to go bad.  They tried to sell this will he/won't he with Lucifer in the last 3 episodes last season and IMO all it did was waste screen time becasue I never once believed he'd chose Lucifer.  They did a horrible job on the whole nature/nurture thing.  That ended the minute Jack announced he liked nougat. 

So if we get yet another "Jack is tempted to the darkside' storyline, its going to end up in the same place for me.  It will be all tell and no show and just lip service.    Because I don't believe for one minute, and it will just be predictable.  The writers are too afraid to take any kind of risk.  I don't believe they'll write Jack as anything but a precious bag of cinnamon sugar. 

• Love 5

And also if Jack does go bad, he won't be saintly.

If it was done via outside physical manipulation by Michael, Jack will be even more saintly. It will be Dean who is at fault in your scenario. And no thanks to that.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

This. 

So much.

Jack is Cousin Oliver to me and I just can't stand the writing for him, at this point.

And tbh, I can't separate the acting from the writing because to me the acting is just not strong enough. Jack is all just Very Vanilla to me. So no thanks.

But if they would just bring on Michael!Dean a lot more, this fan could easily find happiness with this show again-and at this point, there's still plenty of time for that-but then I'm reminded of who's running things now and I can't help but remain reticent about all things concerning this show. 

And I further feel that I'm on the cusp of apathy, at this point, tbh.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

In his Jacksonville panel, Misha said they are shooting the 300th right now and an angel from long ago is being resurrected.

Hhhmmm. Lots of options. Anna? Zachariah? Uriel? Raphael? 

Zachariah if Kurt Fuller plays him.

• Love 3

I don't want Zacheriah for reasons that belong in bitch/jerk.

I think Misha might be trolling and its Cas.  There is supposed to be time travel in the episode and Misha said in an interview we'd seen an earlier version of Cas. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Zachariah if Kurt Fuller plays him.

This was my initial thought until I realized what happened to every character that Dabb got a hold of. I don't want that to happen to Kurt's Zach. Let him ruin the others that I already had no use for .

• Love 4
On 12/6/2018 at 2:10 PM, ILoveReading said:

If Michael liked toying with Dean because he dared to stand up to him as a mere human, this could have been an interesting threat.  But I doubt it.  They have made it pointless that Dean is the true vessel.  I wish they would surprise me, but so far they haven't. 

They have made Jack so plain and too be honest I can't remember what I'm supposed to be worried about this season.  I want to be positive and I try each time I watch to find something that is really strong but it isn't working.  

Now if Dean had learned how to destroy Michael while he was stuck being his vessel and Michael is worried that Dean might remember and it became obvious to everyone but TFW, that could have been interesting.  It just feels like a show filled with lots of red shirts and nothing is as risk anymore.

When I think of MASH and how it kept adding new characters as the old one left, we got invested into them by the situations they were forced to live with.  Had we cared more about the new actors, it might have worked but the set up is lacking for me, so it doesn't really matter.

• Love 3

The episode called Damaged Goods, right? I wonder if Dean gets an injury-tease. Like, woah, is he gonna go blind or paralyzed? Obviously not but the thread. Personally, I'd go with blind since they already fucked up paralyzed with Bobby. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

The episode called Damaged Goods, right? I wonder if Dean gets an injury-tease. Like, woah, is he gonna go blind or paralyzed? Obviously not but the thread. Personally, I'd go with blind since they already fucked up paralyzed with Bobby. 

Damaged Goods is probably a Wayward Sue episode since Donna is in it.

Episode 12 is called Prophet and Loss.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Ah, okay. Thanks, must have gotten them mixed up. I couldn`t make heads or tails of "prophet and loss" because we really have no prophet left. 

Very few of the titles this year seem to have anything to do with what actually happens in the episode.  (Or maybe I'm just missing the point.)  What the heck does Byzantium mean in this context?  Or Optimism?  Or Unhuman Nature?  So I have no faith in deeper meanings of titles, though they might be superficial (The Spear, eg, *should* have something to do with the spear) :) 

About Prophet and Loss...didn't they (Chuck? Someone?) overturn Metatron's ban on new prophets (or how did we get Donatello?)  And (I can't remember but seem to think he got killed?) then shouldn't there be another prophet activated?  (Remember Cas used to know the whole list of potential prophets?  And Crowley didn't kill all of them...)

• Love 1

I've looked back at 14.02 and the werewolf woman is absolutely NOT Michael's new vessel in 14.09. They look kind of similar, but they're definitely not the same person. Werewolf lady herself is in the preview, walking into a room with her hair down and Garth behind her. Gotta say, though, Michael's got a highbrow taste in attractive vessels!

So she is just a random chick he jumped into? Or maybe he has been jumping vessels willy-nilly? It would have made more sense to bring Christian Keyes back IMO. At least he would have been a known entity. What with their bending backwards to keep Pellegrino around, not at least having the same thoughts for Michael`s vessel makes their bias even more obvious. 

I get that Michael needs to have a body if he is to interact with others and that can`t be Dean if Dean is somehow also interacting with him but in that case, Keyes would have been the perfect solution.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

I've looked back at 14.02 and the werewolf woman is absolutely NOT Michael's new vessel in 14.09. They look kind of similar, but they're definitely not the same person. Werewolf lady herself is in the preview, walking into a room with her hair down and Garth behind her. Gotta say, though, Michael's got a highbrow taste in attractive vessels!

The actress in 14.02 is listed in IMDB for 14.09. she's wearing her hair differently.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The actress in 14.02 is listed in IMDB for 14.09. she's wearing her hair differently.

I know, I said that the werewolf lady was in the episode as well. She's the one with her hair down in the brief scene with Garth walking behind her. Michael's new vessel has her hair up. I actually compared the women's faces. They're different people. 

So this new one is the Vince Vincente of vessels? I really wouldn`t have pegged Michael to go for a female vessel. But that really might just be Berens` obession with "girl power". Despite apparently even angels choose gender-specific vessel if  they can. Cas seems to prefer a male one, Anael (Jo) and Duma a female one. Anna chose to be born as female. Lucifer goes for male. And so on. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

actually compared the women's faces. They're different people. 

Hmm, I looked as well and thought they looked to be the same woman. LOL I guess we find out in a few days.

• Love 1