Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

TVLine Spoilers: https://tvline.com/2018/10/17/supergirl-season-4-spoilers-kara-lena-friendship-luthor-rivalry/

Now that the bunker on Supernatural is running like a well-oiled machine, Sam is in Dean’s position as the leader and everyone has formed a tight family unit, what is Dean’s role? How does Dean fit in? —Adder
“I think Dean is really proud that Sam could step up and not just be the kid brother,” executive producer Eugenie Ross-Leming says. “It’s sort of the fulfillment of some of Dean’s goals, so it’s not a bad thing. And they level off. They resume a relationship that they’re comfortable with.”

Since Eugenie doesn't do many interviews, I'm guessing this is an old response to a similar comment. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, SueB said:

Kinda bummed they are in Duluth and no Donna!

Thanks for posting.  So vampire bites then angel smites. Sam hunting with "Dad" and Mom.  I'm guessing this is where they meet up with Jody.  We'll probably get some explanation about the whereabouts of all the Sisters.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Thanks for posting.  So vampire bites then angel smites. Sam hunting with "Dad" and Mom.  I'm guessing this is where they meet up with Jody.  We'll probably get some explanation about the whereabouts of all the Sisters.

Um....why wouldn't AU Bobby know about DNA no matter if he's been fighting a war or not.  That's fucking AWFUL writing.  STUPID.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Myrelle said:

This is just sad.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Aww, look at them, all saving people and hunting things. Dean who?

I think in both of these the word you are looking for regarding the show's writing is pathetic.

35 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Um....why wouldn't AU Bobby know about DNA no matter if he's been fighting a war or not.  That's fucking AWFUL writing.  STUPID.

See above

• Love 1
16 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Aww, look at them, all saving people and hunting things. Dean who?

Those burn marks are angel smiting style— I don’t think Sam is back to regular hunting.  

And Bibby said he was rusty, he acknowledged he should have said DNA. 

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Those burn marks are angel smiting style— I don’t think Sam is back to regular hunting.  

And Bibby said he was rusty, he acknowledged he should have said DNA. 

Definitely - they are there because it's a lead on an angel. And there aren't many of those left.

7 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

Doesn't look that bad honestly.

Whatever happens, I'm going to enjoy the first Pellegrino-free episodes in ages.

Great. Now you just jinxed it. *sigh* ;-)

jj, I hope.

• Love 2
Just now, Res said:

Great. Now you just jinxed it. *sigh* ;-)

jj, I hope.

Nick will pop back up in the next BuckLeming episode, so episode 7. I guarantee it.

We're used to this by now. The other writers don't want to touch this crap with a 10 foot pole unless they absolutely have to.

• Love 2

So someone said on Twitter that the handprint is back on Dean (though a different shoulder). Thoughts?

P.S. Now I have seen a pic. Doesn't look like the handprint to me. Just a burn or scar.

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So someone said on Twitter that the handprint is back on Dean (though a different shoulder). Thoughts?

P.S. Now I have seen a pic. Doesn't look like the handprint to me. Just a burn or scar.

Still big news considering the title of the next episode is The Scar.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Still big news considering the title of the next episode is The Scar.

Knowing these writers, I'm not sure how big it will be--but I admit I do find it interesting.  Does anyone have link to a still shot of the "scar?"  

• Love 2

Michael said he "owned" Dean and he didn't vacate when Dean demanded it of him-which means that he(Michael) knows some way of getting around that part of the angel possession lore.

The scar is likely part of that, IMO-or it should be if this storyline included any level or degree of logic.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 2

Spit balling--since Michael is not suppose to be the ultimate villain this year...perhaps a hybrid vampire or werewolf(which was made super powerful) he made turned on Michael and that scar Dean has is the result and that somehow got Michael out of Dean.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

Michael said he "owned" Dean and he didn't vacate when Dean demanded it of him-which means that he(Michael) knows some way of getting around that part of the angel possession lore.

The scar is likely part of that, IMO-or it should be if this storyline included any level or degree of logic.

I've seen spec that Michael actually did leave Dean, but he's still under Michael's control.  Sort of like Cas with Naomi.  But why would Michael leave his true vessel?

The synopsis said while investigating they end up on the same case as Jody.  In the promo Jody is asking if it feels like he was stabbed with a meat fork.  So does this mean that Michael marked Kaia and a bunch of others?

• Love 1

OK, Impossible Theory time (not because it really is impossible but it's highly unlikely these guys are spending this much time thinking about Dean!):  I was thinking about something Eugenie said (yeah, I know!).  About Cain having "contaminated" Dean.  My initial reaction was the same as some other posters, that is, going back to Dean being "tainted" last year and thus unable to take the Mark back again and seeing this as a negative comment.  But just for a moment, let us entertain the fantasy that it actually meant something else (again, I know! This assumes these guys have any idea what they're doing).

But Eugenie also talked about "antibodies."  So, add them together and instead of "contaminated" or "tainted," substitute "infected."  As if evil were a virus or bacteria that could be passed on.  So maybe Dean couldn't take the Mark back again because his soul/essence/body had developed "anti-evil" antibodies that would have rejected it.

And it was happening again with Michael.  Maybe Michael's developing hatred for humans was tainting Michael, turning him evil in Dean's eyes.  The more evil Michael did, the more antibodies Dean's essence produced, with Michael's allying with human-hunting monsters being the final straw.  There were ultimately so many antibodies attacking Michael that the latter decided "To hell with this; it's not worth it!" and he pulled out for greener pastures.

Yep, yep, I know:  Do we really think the current PTB would be doing this?  Not really.  But I think I'd like it if they were.  It would mean that the very core of Dean drove Michael away.  I'm all for that.

• Love 4

Pics from 14.03

tumblr_pgvhphMCTB1ravgwio1_540.jpg

Looks like the Michael getup with a couple layers removed. Still three layers left, which means Michael was walking around in five goddamn layers. Must be some kind of record.

tumblr_pgvhphMCTB1ravgwio2_540.jpg

OOH! A lingering mytharc connection for Dean.

tumblr_pgvhphMCTB1ravgwio3_540.jpg

I love that determined stride, with the old burly Dean posture. And back to a mere three layers now, too.

SN1403b_0256b.jpg

Sam still has his beard for some reason, and Jody seems to have mistaken him for a very tall five-year-old.

• Love 11

The Scar looks possibly like where the hilt of a sword might have come into contact with his skin.

Oh, and these pics of him and that Scar are To. Die. For. Gorgeous.

So. Much. Love. for these.

Thank you.

Yeah. ;-)

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 7

What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! 
how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how 
express and admirable! in action how like an angel! 
in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the 
world! the paragon of animals! 

Seeing pix of Jensen Dean makes me wax poetic (as does the two glasses of wine at the restaurant)

sorry,thread mods... probably wrong thread 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! 
how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how 
express and admirable! in action how like an angel! 
in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the 
world! the paragon of animals! 

Seeing pix of Jensen Dean makes me wax poetic (as does the two glasses of wine at the restaurant)

sorry,thread mods... probably wrong thread 

Best. Post. Ever.

• Love 2

I wonder if the scar on Dean's arm is a way of Michael taking possession of Dean again without his consent.  I mean Michael did tell Dean that he owns him.  Also Michael mentioned that he was setting a trap for Sam, Mary and Bobby.  I think this is all some sort of a set up by Michael.  To gain what? I have no idea.  I think Michael has more up his sleave at this point.  

I wonder if this is their way to keep Dean in the season and still have Dean/Michael.  As long as we get some Dean, I am up for it.

Edited by Reganne
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Reganne said:

I wonder if the scar on Dean's arm is a way of Michael taking possession of Dean again without his consent.  I mean Michael did tell Dean that he owns him.  Also Michael mentioned that he was setting a trap for Sam, Mary and Bobby.  I think this is all some sort of a set up by Michael.  To gain what? I have no idea.  I think Michael has more up his sleave at this point.  

I wonder if this is their way to keep Dean in the season and still have Dean/Michael.  As long as we get some Dean, I am up for it.

I agree with this. That’s what I think too. As for the ep, I liked it better than the premiere. I’m also strangely intrigued by the Nick plot. I think Mark P is a great actor, though, so he’s really pulling off some good stuff IMO. Also, Misha/Cas was excellent in this ep, and I enjoyed Michael/Dean too. 

Im personally not as invested in the Jack stuff, although I did enjoy his scenes with Cas. Same with Mary/Bobby- they don’t bother me per se, but they also don’t really intrigue me.  

I guess this post is both spoilers and spec and ep-related, so I hope I put it in the right thread. 

• Love 1

Having given it some thought, I think Eugenia fed us a foiler (shocking, I know) in this article: https://tvline.com/2018/10/17/supernatural-spoilers-season-14-big-bad-not-michael/

“Everybody has to find a way to undo Michael, who’s the super villain as we start out the year, but will not be the primary villain” during Season 14, executive producer Eugenie Ross-Leming told TVLine at The CW’s fall launch event this past Sunday.

Rationale:
First, although NO ONE is buying the Michael story is over, I think the EPs are worried that we'll see Michael's return coming and they want to keep it a big surprise.  So I think Eugenia gleefully put out a foiler (that Michael is not the primary villain) so we'll focus elsewhere.  Now, it's possible she's telling the truth but she doesn't have much respect for the audience so her being the source of a foiler works well.  Now, if Jensen Ackles makes comments to the effect that the Michael story is over or that they truncated it for reason 'X', then I will buy it.  Because while Jensen loves to be a little shit and tease, he doesn't lie about storyline IMO.  

Second, if the story was still about Michael but now in a different vessel, I think an honest spoiler would be more alongs the lines of "the Michael story takes a different turn than you might have expected".  But no, she's saying he's an early issue at the start ... implying he's not a whole-year issue

Third... look at this year's title card and compare it to past title cards and the theme/bigbad/major plotline for those years:

Season 6: Shards of broken glass -- easily ties to Sam's mental wall being ultimately shattered

fQ2dIWm.png

Season 7: Dripping black goo of the Leviathans - the season Big Bad

hpmYQXO.jpg

Season 8: What the tablets look like from Kevin's POV - Demon tablet & Angel tablet Macguffins

OYBk1Yo.jpg

Season 9: Fallen angel wings (major conflict of the season plus the one who rides around in Sam)

IchgWv4.png

S10: Upsidedown Pentagram - symbol of letting evil in (note: has many possible interpretations but at a minimum it's the opposite of the rightside up Pentagram the boys have tattoo'd on their chest) The Demon Dean threat, MoC removal story:

XPcePqu.png

S11: The Darkness - the BigBad

by4cSwW.png

S12: The Acquarian Star - bloody & burned -- British MoL the BigBad of the season

ihrvGWx.png

S13: Jack's eyes - NOT the Big Bad but could have been 

MCgLYvp.png

S14: Those sure look like Michael's fully feathered and magnificent wings plus circles the color of his glowy eyes

J8DfJaH.png

My point: Either they wasted the title card on just the first few episodes, or Michael is a season long arc.  Every other title card is a season long arc (especially post S5**). I think Eugenia was just trying to fool people into thinking the Michael story was over.  I'm not buying it.  Not with the title card having represented the season long arc unambiguously since S6. Said differently: which statement feels more likely?

1) The title card shows the season long arc and Eugenia is lying
2) The title card shows the first two episodes and flashbacks, the season long arc is not about Michael, and Eugenia is telling the truth.

I'd go with option 1.

**Note:  S1 & S2 were more iffy.  S3 was the demonic cloud released - demons were the big bad.  S4 was Angle wings flapping - arguably the Big Bad, S5 was blood swirls in water - demon blood or Sam & Dean being the bloodlines that created the perfect vessels.  But by S6 - the title cards had become pretty pointed IMO.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SueB said:

Now, if Jensen Ackles makes comments to the effect that the Michael story is over or that they truncated it for reason 'X', then I will buy it.  Because while Jensen loves to be a little shit and tease, he doesn't lie about storyline IMO.  

He has done this. I was at Jersey con.  Every time he refered  to the Michael story he used the past tense. 

"It was fun."

"It was challenging and I had a lot of fun with it."

He also said he saw nothing in the scripts about it coming back to haunt Dean, or about emotional aftermath.

The synopsis for ep 3 said while they're investigating what happened to Dean they end up on the same case as Jody.  When she mentions being "it feels like being stabbed by a meat fork, that strongly suggests she's seen a body with the same scar.  So whatever it is doesn't sound like its just about Dean.

So IMO, I feel like there is also a strong case to be made that she's not giving a foiler. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

He has done this. I was at Jersey con.  Every time he refered  to the Michael story he used the past tense. 

"It was fun."

"It was challenging and I had a lot of fun with it."

He also said he saw nothing in the scripts about it coming back to haunt Dean, or about emotional aftermath.

The synopsis for ep 3 said while they're investigating what happened to Dean they end up on the same case as Jody.  When she mentions being "it feels like being stabbed by a meat fork, that strongly suggests she's seen a body with the same scar.  So whatever it is doesn't sound like its just about Dean.

So IMO, I feel like there is also a strong case to be made that she's not giving a foiler. 

I buy Jensen running around as Michael in a Dean meatsuit is done (at least for now).  I don't buy Michael's story is over.  That's two different things.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

I buy Jensen running around as Michael in a Dean meatsuit is done (at least for now).  I don't buy Michael's story is over.  That's two different things.  

Dean is Michael's ideal vessel.  Why would he give it up?

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, SueB said:

Having given it some thought, I think Eugenia fed us a foiler (shocking, I know) in this article: https://tvline.com/2018/10/17/supernatural-spoilers-season-14-big-bad-not-michael/

Rationale:
First, although NO ONE is buying the Michael story is over, I think the EPs are worried that we'll see Michael's return coming and they want to keep it a big surprise.  So I think Eugenia gleefully put out a foiler (that Michael is not the primary villain) so we'll focus elsewhere.  Now, it's possible she's telling the truth but she doesn't have much respect for the audience so her being the source of a foiler works well.  Now, if Jensen Ackles makes comments to the effect that the Michael story is over or that they truncated it for reason 'X', then I will buy it.  Because while Jensen loves to be a little shit and tease, he doesn't lie about storyline IMO.  

Second, if the story was still about Michael but now in a different vessel, I think an honest spoiler would be more alongs the lines of "the Michael story takes a different turn than you might have expected".  But no, she's saying he's an early issue at the start ... implying he's not a whole-year issue

Third... look at this year's title card and compare it to past title cards and the theme/bigbad/major plotline for those years:

Season 6: Shards of broken glass -- easily ties to Sam's mental wall being ultimately shattered

fQ2dIWm.png

Season 7: Dripping black goo of the Leviathans - the season Big Bad

hpmYQXO.jpg

Season 8: What the tablets look like from Kevin's POV - Demon tablet & Angel tablet Macguffins

OYBk1Yo.jpg

Season 9: Fallen angel wings (major conflict of the season plus the one who rides around in Sam)

IchgWv4.png

S10: Upsidedown Pentagram - symbol of letting evil in (note: has many possible interpretations but at a minimum it's the opposite of the rightside up Pentagram the boys have tattoo'd on their chest) The Demon Dean threat, MoC removal story:

XPcePqu.png

S11: The Darkness - the BigBad

by4cSwW.png

S12: The Acquarian Star - bloody & burned -- British MoL the BigBad of the season

ihrvGWx.png

S13: Jack's eyes - NOT the Big Bad but could have been 

MCgLYvp.png

S14: Those sure look like Michael's fully feathered and magnificent wings plus circles the color of his glowy eyes

J8DfJaH.png

My point: Either they wasted the title card on just the first few episodes, or Michael is a season long arc.  Every other title card is a season long arc (especially post S5**). I think Eugenia was just trying to fool people into thinking the Michael story was over.  I'm not buying it.  Not with the title card having represented the season long arc unambiguously since S6. Said differently: which statement feels more likely?

1) The title card shows the season long arc and Eugenia is lying
2) The title card shows the first two episodes and flashbacks, the season long arc is not about Michael, and Eugenia is telling the truth.

I'd go with option 1.

**Note:  S1 & S2 were more iffy.  S3 was the demonic cloud released - demons were the big bad.  S4 was Angle wings flapping - arguably the Big Bad, S5 was blood swirls in water - demon blood or Sam & Dean being the bloodlines that created the perfect vessels.  But by S6 - the title cards had become pretty pointed IMO.

I think the intention in the beginning was a Michael big bad, since Jensen was so excited, this the title card. Then Dabb did what Dabb does for Dabb reasons,  and Jensen's storyline got scuttled. I think Lemming was telling the truth, both in her interviews and in her writing. Dean won't suffer much in the way of repercussion (read: we're not writing anything for him). Havent you heard? Dean doesn't matter. 

The big bad will be one of Dabb's original characters, or Pellegrino. 

• Love 7
Just now, ILoveReading said:

Dean is Michael's idea vessel.  Why would he give it up?

Well that's precisely the mystery.  What IS Michael up to?  We've seen he's a very calculating individual with plenty of time on his hands.  He spent three weeks deciding human, angels, and demons were a waste of time as minions.  He then mutated two different monster species (vampire & werewolf) to create minions.  Vamps by force, Werewolves by 'negotiation'.  I'd say he's off trying something else or gathering more data.  He could be hoping in an out of vessels ala Lucifer in S12.  He could be non-corporeal and scoping out the ghost population.  He could be riding Nick or an angel for a longer ride. He could be non-corporeal and working a different angle.  It's possible he's hiding in Dean to gather intel on the hunters (although I think he doesn't have much respect for them).  More importantly, he thinks he OWNS Dean.  I'd say he's not worried about taking back his preferred meatsuit at any time he damn well pleases.  Right now, for whatever reason we haven't figured out yet, he's not driving Dean's meatsuit. But just because we don't know why, doesn't mean there isn't an explanation that will eventually become clear.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think the intention in the beginning was a Michael big bad, since Jensen was so excited, this the title card. Then Dabb did what Dabb does for Dabb reasons,  and Jensen's storyline got scuttled. I think Lemming was telling the truth, both in her interviews and in her writing. Dean won't suffer much in the way of repercussion (read: we're not writing anything for him). Havent you heard? Dean doesn't matter. 

The big bad will be one of Dabb's original characters, or Pellegrino. 

The title card could have been EASILY changed well before the season started.  If Dabb truly abandoned the Michael plot after 2 episodes (plus a few flashbacks), he would have known that before July.  They had 7 epsiodes completely written in July before they even started filming. The title card would have been changed into something that wasn't directly "Michael" if they had decided to abandon the Michael story.  Even if they made the decision as late as Sept (and by then they have at least thru EP11 written), they could have changed it.

I post more over in Bitch/Jerk cause I can see where this conversation is headed.

• Love 2

Well, for me, the Michael storyline could have ended in s13 with Gabriel or Jack or anyone else*killing the Christian Keyes vessel and I would have been okay with never seeing Jensen play Michael.  However, now that he has played him, and done it brilliantly, I'll be mighty pissed and disgusted with the show for handing that over to anyone else, unless they intend for Dean to say yes to OG Michael in order to defeat whatever other vessel AU!Michael chooses, which YES, I'm on board that idea. 

Edited by catrox14
Dean couldn't have killed him without being possessed since the whole archangel blade thing.
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, for me, the Michael storyline could have ended in s13 with Gabriel or Jack or anyone else*killing the Christian Keyes vessel and I would have been okay with never seeing Jensen play Michael.  However, now that he has played him, and done it brilliantly, I'll be mighty pissed and disgusted with the show for handing that over to anyone else, unless they intend for Dean to say yes to OG Michael in order to defeat whatever other vessel AU!Michael chooses, which YES, I'm on board that idea. 

We don't know WHO Michael will possess.  My arguement is that Eugenie is feeding us bullshit about Michael's story being over.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, SueB said:

We don't know WHO Michael will possess.  My arguement is that Eugenie is feeding us bullshit about Michael's story being over.  

I guess I didn't interpret anything you said as it being Dean still.  My mistake.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I guess I didn't interpret anything you said as it being Dean still.  My mistake.

I firmly expect it to be Dean again (at some point) because Michael said he "owned" Dean.  I think Michael will come and go as he pleases.  Which is totally GROSS for Dean and a complete violation of his free will.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, SueB said:

Well that's precisely the mystery.  What IS Michael up to?  We've seen he's a very calculating individual with plenty of time on his hands.  He spent three weeks deciding human, angels, and demons were a waste of time as minions.  He then mutated two different monster species (vampire & werewolf) to create minions.  Vamps by force, Werewolves by 'negotiation'.  I'd say he's off trying something else or gathering more data.  He could be hoping in an out of vessels ala Lucifer in S12.  He could be non-corporeal and scoping out the ghost population.  He could be riding Nick or an angel for a longer ride. He could be non-corporeal and working a different angle.  It's possible he's hiding in Dean to gather intel on the hunters (although I think he doesn't have much respect for them).  More importantly, he thinks he OWNS Dean.  I'd say he's not worried about taking back his preferred meatsuit at any time he damn well pleases.  Right now, for whatever reason we haven't figured out yet, he's not driving Dean's meatsuit. But just because we don't know why, doesn't mean there isn't an explanation that will eventually become clear.

The title card could have been EASILY changed well before the season started.  If Dabb truly abandoned the Michael plot after 2 episodes (plus a few flashbacks), he would have known that before July.  They had 7 epsiodes completely written in July before they even started filming. The title card would have been changed into something that wasn't directly "Michael" if they had decided to abandon the Michael story.  Even if they made the decision as late as Sept (and by then they have at least thru EP11 written), they could have changed it.

I post more over in Bitch/Jerk cause I can see where this conversation is headed.

I don't think it's Bitch/Jerk when we're talking quotes direct from the writer/producer that are spoilers (or foilers if you think so) and lines right from the episode.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't think it's Bitch/Jerk when we're talking quotes direct from the writer/producer that are spoilers (or foilers if you think so) and lines right from the episode.

It's the motivation of the writer/producers that I think usually ends us in BvJ -- that's why I went there. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, SueB said:

It's the motivation of the writer/producers that I think usually ends us in BvJ -- that's why I went there. 

There is no motivation required,  she said it. You can speculate she was lying, but that doesn't change the fact. Same with Jack's line, written by the same person. 

I'd say the same regardless of who the subject was.

• Love 4

Random question because I haven't seen much discussion about it here: has there been anything posted about when Ketch will return? I never thought that I would feel this way but I'm interested at what he's been up to trying to locate Dean.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Random question because I haven't seen much discussion about it here: has there been anything posted about when Ketch will return? I never thought that I would feel this way but I'm interested at what he's been up to trying to locate Dean.

I'd guess that since Dean is already located, Ketch will be off the grid (and off the show) until they need another BMOL magic egg or werewolf cure or such. 

• Love 5