Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't understand Michael's intentions. Does he want to destroy, rule, what?  Humans can cause an apocalypse all by themselves (let's face it, we're doing it right now) they don't need an archangel and where's the fun in ruling a destroyed planet?

My impression is that Michael wants to remake the world in his own image.  But what that image is I have no idea.  I don't think Dabb does either.

There was something mentioned in the TVGuide (I think that was the right magazine) about Michael's plans.   Something about how Michael has 5000 chosen humans that he will leave alive.  So if that is still in play then my guess is that Michael will use his super race to eliminate the undesirables and role over his chosen.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2

Thanks for responding.  I don't know how come these celestial powers still don't understand human nature. Have they been twiddling their thumbs for a hundred thousand years. Free will and freedom are at the top of our list of needs.  We will die in the name of freedom - probably more so than for love.  Trying to rule the unruly is like trying to keep a lid on a pot of boiling water.  We don't like bowing to anyone. It's all there in the history books.

Yet there go the super celestials still thinking they can mold the earth the way they want and control seven billion wild and crazy humans.  Plus Michael's stuck with the stubbornest bastard in the world as his host.  

Crowley thought Demon Dean would rule with him. hah!  Who ruled in that relationship?  Not Crowley.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Something about how Michael has 5000 chosen humans that he will leave alive.

But where's the joy in that?  Beating us down so that we obey and worship has to be unfulfilling in every way.  I just wish these TV celestial beings were a bit smarter and not so bent on world domination.  It's so done to death.  I wish writers could come up with a new agenda for the powerful big bads.  At least Dick wanted to eat us.  What's Michael's getting out of all this?

Anyway... whatever they do it will be small potatoes because they don't have the budget or time. I just hope they've thought things through and not just making it up as they go.  The Archangel Michael and Jensen deserve better.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

But where's the joy in that?  Beating us down so that we obey and worship has to be unfulfilling in every way.  I just wish these TV celestial beings were a bit smarter and not so bent on world domination.  It's so done to death.  I wish writers could come up with a new agenda for the powerful big bads.  At least Dick wanted to eat us.  What's Michael's getting out of all this?

Anyway... whatever they do it will be small potatoes because they don't have the budget or time. I just hope they've thought things through and not just making it up as they go.  The Archangel Michael and Jensen deserve better.

I think the difference is that this is NOT OG Michael and that AU Michael may have a completely different agenda than OG Michael from SPN Earth. 

Thus far with AU Michael all we know is that AU Michael killed his Lucifer and there was a battle between angels and demons on HIS Earth, which the humans were initially allies with the angels until apparently either some angels turned on them or the humans became rebellious.  That part is unclear AFAIK.

So AU Michael doesn't have that same knowledge or understanding of this Earth's humanity.  I would think his Earth's humanity is totally different.  He made choices that lead to a scorched earth.

I'm going under the assumption that his God is a different one than SPN Chuck considering there was a different Lucifer and there is OG Michael still in the Cage here (unless they retcon that away too).

So maybe his God didn't love his human creation at all and he regrets making them so AU Michael's disdain is because God wants them dead. And if his God is anything like I see SPN God, he's going to leave the dirty work to his son regardless of what that dirty work is.  That's just speculation obviously. I would LOVE for there to be some discussions between AU Michael and Dean about their fathers and different Gods. 

And maybe it's a completely other reason and maybe AU Michael wants to be God. At this point, who knows.  There is actually a lot of good story there for AU Michael and if they do it well, he could be more complicated and not a cartoon villain. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Reganne said:

If they explore Michael/Dean through flashbacks, that still gives Jensen the opportunity to play Michael as well as bring Dean back

I wouldn't mind flashbacks, except the way they've used them before has been so clunky and annoying--cutting back and forth in small bits and pieces without allowing us to see a reasonable narrative so that we can put together what happened.  And when the "interruptions" (ie, flashbacks) are more interesting than the present, I don't want to be shown a glimpse and then suddenly dropped back into whatever boring stuff they want to showcase now (like the AU hunters or Jack.)  Also, they don't have a very good track record with coming up with logical cues for the flashbacks (remember Cas sniffing a corpse and saying he'd had a recent bladder infection, and then Sam flashed back to unpacking with Amelia?) :) 

1 hour ago, SueB said:

I think Michael wants to rule a non-destroyed planet. That's the "difference".  He wants only those who deserve to be saved and a beautiful planet.  He's got a whack concept of "saved" but I think it's similar to when Lucifer made the speech of not wanting to destroy God's last beautiful handiwork.  

So, if I understand correctly, Michael's end game is:
- Beautiful planet (which is better ... apparently... than Heaven)
- Those he saved (for now, loyal monsters... easy to 'buy')
- Everyone else dead .... unless they bow to his will

I might buy this, except for how they had Michael explain himself:  pretty much that anyone who didn't have a one-track mind (like vampires, which, *according to him* had only the desire to feed and no other complicated emotions) weren't worthy.  If all he wanted was to rule over those who were uncomplicated and would accept him without question, he could kill all the humans and rule over a world of animals, who would easily accept him as the Alpha/their "god".  And he could do that (in theory) by just snapping his fingers, or bringing on some disaster (natural or otherwise) where he could protect his "chosen" species and let all others die.  Even lower-level Uriel apparently was able to smite an entire city without breaking a sweat.  No army required.  

2 hours ago, SueB said:

Logically, Heaven was NEVER enough.  He always wanted "Paradise on Earth".  But it was Michael's version of Paradise.  Not God and his Free Will 'crap'.  Clearly Michael is not a fan of Free Will.  Our Michael tried to sell a load of goods abou Free Will being an illusion.  This AUMichael may have the same whack concept or realized (thru his failure in Apocalypse World) that he needs a different plan.  Because simple coercion didn't work.  His new plan maybe is to create an Army of minions who appear to be the bad guys and he's the "savior" -- thus getting willing cooperation.  

Just curious--has anyone read/remembered an old SF story by Theodore Sturgeon called "Microcosmic God"?  The whole story is online as a pdf here: http://1pezeshk.com/wp-content/pics/2013/01/microcosmicgodtheodoresturgeon-111104040008-phpapp02_2.pdf

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ZennyKenny said:

Wait, so Michael is going to lead a vampire army... what if Sam needs an army to fight back... werewolves are as strong as vampires.... OH MY GOD YOU GUYS THEY'RE DOING TWILIGHT!!!

I actually wouldn't put it past Dabb to think this was a good idea for the CW demo they are going for.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Res said:

I actually wouldn't put it past Dabb to think this was a good idea for the CW demo they are going for.

And Sam already has an "in" with the werewolves.  Garth can rally *his* troops.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, ZennyKenny said:

Wait, so Michael is going to lead a vampire army... what if Sam needs an army to fight back... werewolves are as strong as vampires.... OH MY GOD YOU GUYS THEY'RE DOING TWILIGHT!!!

This made me laugh.    But then I read this.

9 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

And Sam already has an "in" with the werewolves.  Garth can rally *his* troops

And remembered DJ Qualls is dropped a strong hint he'll be back. 

Then I stopped laughing because its a real possibility.

• Love 4

I think the preview is with a werewolf, so I think he’s going for all monsters.  And make hybrids.

And to clarify — I think he might try to appear as a ‘savior’ to mankind and thus set rules but still have adoration.   Adoration seems to be ‘big’ on the celestial’s list of wants.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, SueB said:

I think the preview is with a werewolf, so I think he’s going for all monsters.  And make hybrids.

I feel like this would just make Michael a male version of Eve?  They've done this story.

It would be nice to see them try to come up with something original.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ZennyKenny said:

Well the wire fight in s13 finale was Twilight worthy... Lol so who knows!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I feel like this would just make Michael a male version of Eve?  They've done this story.

But . . . but . . . BUT . . .  that would be . . . WORK! We don't get paid enough for that.

• Love 4

Just curious--what happened to Michael's former vessel when he jumped into Dean?  IIRC, he was weakened but not dead.  Did he wake up in the bunker suddenly himself again and take off running (and into a whole new world he knows nothing about)?  

Maybe he and Nick can get together and have an archangel survivor's support group?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I was thinking that at first, but then I remembered the specific mention of having Dean Winchester’s memory.   It’s a little like Locutus of Borg.  He can use one of earth’s greatest warriors to devise a plan.  And the super monster plan Eve had was pretty darn good. Team Free Will worked hard to get the Phoenix ash, but ultimately, they were somewhat lucky Eve rose to the bait and actually bit Dean. 

If I was Michael, I’d be sifting through Dean’s mental Rolodex for plans that almost worked and refining.  

Sure, he could come up with something completely out of the blue, but it’s clear Michael has been weighing all his options.  Leveraging his host’s knowledge is not only smart but also (like it did for Picard) made the situation even more guilt-ridden and violating.  

Now, if Michael  never mentions he got the plan from Dean’s mind, then I’ll agree it’s more of a rinse and repeat.  But I think they know how to twist the knife.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Just curious--what happened to Michael's former vessel when he jumped into Dean?  IIRC, he was weakened but not dead.  Did he wake up in the bunker suddenly himself again and take off running (and into a whole new world he knows nothing about)?  

Maybe he and Nick can get together and have an archangel survivor's support group?

I hope he just up and walked away. It will really piss me off if he is dead but the Nicksuit lives. And just think, if he would have been stabbed instead of being gutted by Jack he would have stood a better chance of surviving than the Nicksuit  LOLOL

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I hope he just up and walked away. It will really piss me off if he is dead but the Nicksuit lives. And just think, if he would have been stabbed instead of being gutted by Jack he would have stood a better chance of surviving than the Nicksuit  LOLOL

Didn't Christian Keyes mention being told by TPTB that Michael's vessel wasn't dead therefore leaving the window open for him to return? I could have sworn that someone posted the tweet where he stated that on the SM thread. If that's true maybe Michael will return to his former vessel instead of Nick being the new Michael after Dean.

• Love 2
Just now, DeeDee79 said:

Didn't Christian Keyes mention being told by TPTB that Michael's vessel wasn't dead therefore leaving the window open for him to return? I could have sworn that someone posted the tweet where he stated that on the SM thread. If that's true maybe Michael will return to his former vessel instead of Nick being the new Michael after Dean.

He said bthat his vessel was alive after the season finale. sadly, though that doesn't mean he survived the 3 weeks after Michael vacated him. I would pay money for Dean and the Christian vessel  to bond and work together to take down Michael.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

He said bthat his vessel was alive after the season finale. sadly, though that doesn't mean he survived the 3 weeks after Michael vacated him.

Hopefully they bring the actor back but I'm sure with Nick popping back up he'll end up being the new vessel. *sigh*

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SueB said:

I was thinking that at first, but then I remembered the specific mention of having Dean Winchester’s memory.   It’s a little like Locutus of Borg.  He can use one of earth’s greatest warriors to devise a plan.  And the super monster plan Eve had was pretty darn good.

I would be able to see if if it wasnt' for that fact that If he was using Dean's knowledge than why would  he tell a vampire that they're pure and just want to feed when we (the audience) know that's not true.  They form family units, they have jobs.  Some just want to feed, others just want to survive.  Dean himself was a vampire and he didn't just want to feed.  He was able to fight and resist.  Same with him having vampire best friend.   Dean knows all this. So why wouldn't Michael?

If the show acknowledged Dean's time as a vampire and his friendship with Benny to say that Michael was interested in vampires because they were loyal.  I could believe that. 

Also he would know that Eve's plan ended in failure.

It seems far more rinse and repeat to me. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Mark Sheppard says he has new role and will see old friends soon.  Doesn't mean SPN but I guess you never know though he didn't seem like he was keen to be back.

Oh, if only! I would much prefer Crowley over the random stunt demons that they keep trotting out. I know it's a pipe dream but it would be nice.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Also he would know that Eve's plan ended in failure.

Eve's plan failed specifically because of the Winchesters (Dean particularly). Since Michael has Dean in his back pocket (so to speak) and Dean is off he playing field, it is understandable why he might assume that using monsters to take out pesky humans might be a worthwhile tactic to pursue.

Since the spoilers seem to be pointing that Dean will be free of Michael shortly, the big question is why Michael would give up his destined vessel. If I were writing this episodes, it would be specifically because of Dean fighting back. That Michael makes the mistake of allowing Dean to see him fighting Dean's loved ones and seeing them ready to die in order to save him gives Dean the strength to force him out (similar to the way that Dean was able to give Sam the strength to take control back from Lucifer). I want to see this story resolve in a way that is respectful to Dean and gives him agency in his own fate.

And in the aftermath, I fully expect him to be damaged than deeply traumatized and doubting himself. It would make no sense for him not to be since he would have a front row seat of seeing Michael committing atrocities using his body to do so. My hope is that in the end, though, it will lead to a real healing for Dean in regards to his sense of self-worth and the value he has for his family. Because they are fighting to save him because of who he is for them, not just because Michael is a huge threat to humanity. They want to stop Michael, but saving Dean is first and foremost in their minds. Killing Michael would be relatively simple in the grand scheme of things, but doing so without killing Dean in the process would be a lot riskier to everyone. But that is clearly (to me at least) what they are trying to do. I hope that the show lets Dean see that.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Eve's plan failed specifically because of the Winchesters (Dean particularly). Since Michael has Dean in his back pocket (so to speak) and Dean is off he playing field, it is understandable why he might assume that using monsters to take out pesky humans might be a worthwhile tactic to pursue.

Since the spoilers seem to be pointing that Dean will be free of Michael shortly, the big question is why Michael would give up his destined vessel. If I were writing this episodes, it would be specifically because of Dean fighting back. That Michael makes the mistake of allowing Dean to see him fighting Dean's loved ones and seeing them ready to die in order to save him gives Dean the strength to force him out (similar to the way that Dean was able to give Sam the strength to take control back from Lucifer). I want to see this story resolve in a way that is respectful to Dean and gives him agency in his own fate.

And in the aftermath, I fully expect him to be damaged than deeply traumatized and doubting himself. It would make no sense for him not to be since he would have a front row seat of seeing Michael committing atrocities using his body to do so. My hope is that in the end, though, it will lead to a real healing for Dean in regards to his sense of self-worth and the value he has for his family. Because they are fighting to save him because of who he is for them, not just because Michael is a huge threat to humanity. They want to stop Michael, but saving Dean is first and foremost in their minds. Killing Michael would be relatively simple in the grand scheme of things, but doing so without killing Dean in the process would be a lot riskier to everyone. But that is clearly (to me at least) what they are trying to do. I hope that the show lets Dean see that.

I'm on board with all of this. I, too, think it would be out of character for Dean not to be self-flagellating in the wake of Michael's crimes against humanity. I expect him to say it's 'all his fault'. My issue will be if/when his family and friends endorse it, tacitly or in so many words. Since Dabb has zero subtlety or nuance (IMO) I anticipate a pretty black and white scenario here, with Dean's character* taking the hit. If your scenario is the way it plays out, especially the bolded, I'll be both shocked and satisfied.

*by which I mean his integrity, not his role

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

My issue will be if/when his family and friends endorse it, tacitly or in so many words. Since Dabb has zero subtlety or nuance (IMO) I anticipate a pretty black and white scenario here, with Dean's character* taking the hit.

I don't think they will. I get that we're all attuned to expecting the worst and I'm no fan of Dabb despite the accusations that he favors Sam so much (because I sure as hell don't see it), but as I said previously that if there's anyone who's going to have some insight into what what Dean is going through, it's Sam. Even if anyone else tries to criticize Dean for agreeing to be Michael's vessel, I can't see Sam siding against Dean. 

Both of the boys have had to make hard decisions that had unforeseen consequences. Should Dean have expected that Michael would renege on their deal? Sure, since they know full well that the angels have always screwed them over and Michael has already proven himself to be especially horrific. Dean made the calculation that Lucifer was the more serious immediate threat and I think he had faith in Sam, Castiel and the others to pull his butt out of the fire if things really turned south. 

Dean gave Sam the strength to defeat Lucifer and Sam will help Dean stop Micheal. However strong each of them are as individuals, they are never better than when they are working together and whatever disagreements Sam might have with Dean (and vice versa) they will always stand together against others. Dean protected Sam when he was damaged and I have no doubt that Sam will do the same for Dean. What I don't want to see is a repeat of Dean post-Hell when Sam was trying to get Dean to open up and Dean wasn't able to (partly due to his own trauma and partly due to the manipulations of Castiel, Zachariah and Ruby to drive them apart).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

I would enjoy seeing this as well. 

If I had to guess I'm expecting it to be some kind of Macguffin that will all them to trap Michael and somehow get him out of Dean.  I don't think they will stab Michael because I don't think the show wants him dead.

The preview for next week seemed to show Nick up and walking around the bunker.  Buck/Lemming love this character so I wouldn't be surprised if he offered to sacrifice  himself to Michael. 

1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

And in the aftermath, I fully expect him to be damaged than deeply traumatized and doubting himself. It would make no sense for him not to be since he would have a front row seat of seeing Michael committing atrocities using his body to do so.

I fully expect Dean to be beating himself, but for me a lot depends on how everyone around him acts and how the writers handle it.    I'd like to see Dean respond in his usual way when he feels guilty for not saving someone.  Throwing himself into hunting and trying to save as many as he can, but being reckless and not really caring about himself. 

• Love 3

I want someone on the show to remember that there is still another archangel in the cage.  I know that they had tried to have Lucifer explain away Michael by saying he was a drooling mess. But why would anyone take Lucifer, the least trustworthy character's word on it? Chuck said it would take too long to rebuild him but he supposedly didn't even know Gabriel was even alive.  Cant someone make a deal with someone to have a meet and greet with our Michael to see if he is in his right mind?  He might not help the Winchesters but maybe the remaining angels could convince him to help them rebuild heaven.  If I were Naomi I would swallow my pride and cooperate with whoever she needs to to make this happen.  Does anyone think we will see our Michael/Adam this season or is he forever lost in a deep plot hole? 

Edited by lmdreamer
  • Love 4

Also rather than fighting with the Winchesters every time, why don't the angels  explain how integral heaven is to the survival of humanity? Its stupid on the angels part.  In some aspects they are on the same side. I'm tired of Castiel being the only decent angel.

Edited by lmdreamer
  • Love 3

Is there anyway they can bring Crowley back?  Seriously, they mentioned him like 10 times during that seriously stupid demon fight scene.  They really need the freaking guy.  It’s worse than losing Bobby (although they never really lost Bobby).

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

Is there anyway they can bring Crowley back?  Seriously, they mentioned him like 10 times during that seriously stupid demon fight scene.  They really need the freaking guy.  It’s worse than losing Bobby (although they never really lost Bobby).

Sure they could bring him back...but it's unlikely to be in the form of Mark Sheppard...and if that's the case, why bother?

• Love 4

Dapper Dean(Michael) and the director.

richjensen.jpg

I'm betting we see the peripheral cast live tweeting this week, since Rich is directing. They do seem to come out to support each other.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

richjensen.jpg

I'm betting we see the peripheral cast live tweeting this week, since Rich is directing. They do seem to come out to support each other.

At least speight isn't in this one, as far as I know, so it has that going for it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

richjensen.jpg

Fucking Hell, Jensen.  I can't stand it! He's so .......all the things.../swoon

• Love 3
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

richjensen.jpg

Ruth Connell summed it up best.  Working with Jensen Ackles is like staring into the sun.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, SueB said:

ETA:  Months ago there was a pic of a Carver Edlund book on a bunker table ... it's my personal speculation that THIS is the episode we'll see that book -- unless it's cut. 

I must have missed that - which book was it? 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think they're putting their own spin on things.

All indications are that Dean is free by the end of episode 2.  I don't know why Kaia is in this episode  but I don't think its to save Dean. 

I think the "mystery" is trying to figure how how to stop Michael now that he's no longer in Dean's body but in Nicks.  (I still think this will happen).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I think they're putting their own spin on things.

All indications are that Dean is free by the end of episode 2.  I don't know why Kaia is in this episode  but I don't think its to save Dean. 

I think the "mystery" is trying to figure how how to stop Michael now that he's no longer in Dean's body but in Nicks.  (I still think this will happen).

Jody is supposedly on the same case as Sam  looking for Dean, although I don't think Jody realizes that Dean is even missing?  I don't think Dean is back at the end of this weeks episode.  

I agree with you about Michael ending up in Nick.  If you think about it Nick is also responsible for letting Lucifer wreak havoc all over the world.  And Eugenie did say at SDCC that she could see a redemption arc for Lucifer.  I'm guessing that didn't go over well with anyone  in the "writers room" so they compromised and it will be Nick instead. Just riveting stuff!!!!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Jody is supposedly on the same case as Sam  looking for Dean, although I don't think Jody realizes that Dean is even missing?  I don't think Dean is back at the end of this weeks episode.  

Dabb already spoiled it.  He did another interview and he specifically said that Sam and Dean were on the case and they end up on the same case as Jody.  I tend to think they're looking for someone matching Kaia's description.

I think its just worded that way for people who don't follow spoilers 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Dabb already spoiled it.  He did another interview and he specifically said that Sam and Dean were on the case and they end up on the same case as Jody.  I tend to think they're looking for someone matching Kaia's description.

I think its just worded that way for people who don't follow spoilers 

Oh.  I hadn't read that....well that sucks.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ster1 said:

I must have missed that - which book was it? 

Don't remember... maybe Racist Ghost Truck? It was shortly after they started filming ... like EP2 filming tme...

• Love 1