Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If there is any chance of Michael!Dean returning, I think it has to go down this way somehow. Otherwise, we'll get the Mean flashbacks, but any future Big Bad Michael will be another host. In my opinion, of course.

Who is doing the ninja climb up the wall in the SPPT video?

I want to know the ninja too. Been in several previews. Think it's a stunt guy - not one of the main cast.

• Love 1

The best part of the sneak Peek is basically a throwaway line.

Ketch in looking into that thing in London. 

The BMOL still exist over there and they want him dead.  That means his risking his live for Dean.  As a fan of their developing dynamic I liked this part.   

• Love 8

Holy moly, there are some uber-spoilers in this TV Guide piece.

Especially this exchange, from Jensen.

When we pick back up this season, Alternate Universe archangel Michael has taken up residence in Dean’s body. What’s his game?

Ackles: He’s building an army of supermonsters. He doesn’t see much in the human race to salvage, which is an interesting dig on where we are as a society. He believes that the angels—one of whom is Sister Jo, played by my wife Danneel—are corrupt as well. He ends up going with vampires because their desires are pure. All they want is to feed.

Viewer Janessa asks: Is Dean consciously fighting against Michael?

Ackles: He is—he’s aware of what’s happening.

Emily wants to know: How will the possession change Dean?

Ackles: I was told by [executive producer] Andrew Dabb that what Dean experiences as Michael will come back to haunt him. I’m not quite sure how yet.

That's the first I've heard/seen about Michael's mission. Vampires? Seriously???

And Dean is aware and fighting. I don't want to get my hopes up for this, but a tentative 'yay'.

That last bit though - means at least through the eps they've filmed and Jensen has read thus far (so at least episode 8?), there is no written aftermath/consequence for Dean. Sigh. It's Hell all over again.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That's the first I've heard/seen about Michael's mission. Vampires? Seriously???

It sounds stupid to me. 

It's possible that vampires in the AW did nothing but feed and survive but he's going to find out that he's wrong about vampires on Earth 1, which maybe he'll learn through Dean's mind. Earth 1 vampires think like humans, they have mates, nests, families, friends, jobs, especially those that live like Lenore. I mean other than needing blood for existence and immortality outside of beheading, they are most like humans having been human and all that.  I hope there is more to it than it sounds.  I really don't want Michael to be a stupid villain either. 

I am interested in the part where Dean is aware and fighting at least for a hot minute.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

It sounds stupid to me. 

It's possible that vampires in the AW did nothing but feed and survive but he's going to find out that he's wrong about vampires on Earth 1, which maybe he'll learn through Dean's mind. Earth 1 vampires think like humans, they have mates, nests, families, friends, jobs, especially those that live like Lenore. I mean other than needing blood for existence and immortality outside of beheading, they are most like humans having been human and all that.  I hope there is more to it than it sounds.  I really don't want Michael to be a stupid villain either. 

I am interested in the part where Dean is aware and fighting at least for a hot minute.

If Michael is supposed to have access to all of Dean's memories shouldn't he know this?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

If Michael is supposed to have access to all of Dean's memories shouldn't he know this?

That's what I hoping comes of this. That maybe Michael has the idea that the vampires will be like the ones in the AW.  But Dean's memories refute him on this point, that maybe is how Dean fights back. That he shows him that his plans won't likely work out like he's thinking. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

That's what I hoping comes of this. That maybe Michael has the idea that the vampires will be like the ones in the AW.  But Dean's memories refute him on this point, that maybe is how Dean fights back. That he shows him that his plans won't likely work out like he's thinking. 

Considering Dabb's penchant for bringing back beloved-by-some characters in the least desirable way possible, he'll probably have Michael resurrect Benny to be his BFF and then kill him again.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Any hope I had for this season just flew out the window...."Huh, vampires. Get's funnier every time I hear it."

5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Any hope I had for this season just flew out the window...."Huh, vampires. Get's funnier every time I hear it."

Could we hope that Jensen was just fucking with the interviewer and made up the most ludicrous thing he could think of?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Oh please let it be so...

I'm sure it's a true spoiler.

Dabb wrote Bloodlines. Enough said, I think

I was worried that Michael was going to want to use the demons for his new army.

This sounds worse. Heading to the bitter spoilers thread. Again. *sigh*

Supposedly there is suppose to be a surprise guest in the bunker in episode one--my prediction it's the former vessel of Lucifer aka Mark Pellegrino...which might be the scene in the promo in the dark room where Sam opens a door to it.  As many have speculated it kind of looks like Mark in the semi-darkness--maybe Nick is now sort of a shell and my guess where Michael ends up, in Crowley's souped up old vessel for Lucifer.

10 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Supposedly there is suppose to be a surprise guest in the bunker in episode one--my prediction it's the former vessel of Lucifer aka Mark Pellegrino...which might be the scene in the promo in the dark room where Sam opens a door to it.  As many have speculated it kind of looks like Mark in the semi-darkness--maybe Nick is now sort of a shell and my guess where Michael ends up, in Crowley's souped up old vessel for Lucifer.

Quite literally the worst possible scenario for me, short of Michael moving into Sam.

The *only* way that would be acceptable to me is if they off-loaded Michael into the Nick-suit because they could bind him in there (as Crowley did with Lucifer) and then lock him away, never to be stupidly body swapped  reverse-powered-up released-by-a-desperate-to-be-useful-angel seen again.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jakes said:

taking to the bitter spoilers thread

1 hour ago, Jakes said:

I've been predicting this since comic con

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I've been predicting this since comic con

I've been suspecting it since last season's finale when Luci took nougat's grace. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jakes said:

Well nailed it--as did a couple others though didn't hear many saying Mark being back episode one.  

• Love 1

That's going to be hard to tackle in one episode.

Furthermore, Ackles and his costar Jared Padalecki explained that Michael is about to change everything for the Winchesters. “All of the lore and all of the dad’s journal and all of the research is going to pretty much get challenged and become a moot point for season 14,” Ackles said, with Padalecki adding that it’s all “useless now.”

This isn't new.  Lore has never mattered.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This isn't new.  Lore has never mattered.

Especially since Dabb took over.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Furthermore, Ackles and his costar Jared Padalecki explained that Michael is about to change everything for the Winchesters. “All of the lore and all of the dad’s journal and all of the research is going to pretty much get challenged and become a moot point for season 14,” Ackles said, with Padalecki adding that it’s all “useless now.”

So that's basically telling us that the past 13 seasons means fuck all for continuity.  JFC

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So that's basically telling us that the past 13 seasons means fuck all for continuity.  JFC

"Yeah, so stop complaining about it already!" pouts Dabb sulkily.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This honestly makes me want to cry just a little. I was going to say if I stop watching right now, I might be able to salvage my love of the rewatch, but I fear it's already too late. I can only hope history looks upon Dabb with all the disdain he deserves.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

No one said it has to be one episode.  No one (especially Jensen) said that it would be Dean/Michael, just that "Michael" would be doing all those bad things.  And I'm assuming if they're going to be trashing Dad's research/journal, they want Dean to mourn/try to salvage it, to keep John's legacy. (*gag*)

• Love 1

Some ideas that might be in the works judging from what I saw in the premiere:

1) Luci is very likely not dead. My guess is that Luci abandoned his vessel before Michael could strike the fatal blow which allowed Nick to survive (since the blade would kill an archangel but not a human beyond a huge stab wound). Otherwise, I have no other way to justify why Nick is still breathing.

2) Interesting the way Kip's demon followers just turned tail and ran on Sam's say so. On top of Kip seeking Sam's approval/support in his quest to take over rule of Hell. If the writers were competent, this could mean a return of the Boy King since Sam was born to rule Hell. May be premature, but I'd like to see where this goes. Especially given Sam's statement to Castiel that he would do "anything" to find Dean.

3) Michael is showing that he's worse (in some ways) than Lucifer. Luci wanted to wipe out humans but preserve the rest of creations that he saw as his father's finest work. Michael is totally scorched earth (no pun intended). Taking him down permanently might mean a full alliance of what remains of Heaven, Hell and everything the hunters can muster. 

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 1

I'll be honest:  if I never see anything relating to the Boy King or Sam's no-longer-in-existence-having-been-removed-by-God-which-should-be-pretty-darn-permanent Powers, it will be too soon.

Kippers' and the demons reactions are pure Plotonium, IMHO.

Edited by Lemuria
Grammer counts!
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Some ideas that might be in the works judging from what I saw in the premiere:

1) Luci is very likely not dead. My guess is that Luci abandoned his vessel before Michael could strike the fatal blow which allowed Nick to survive (since the blade would kill an archangel but not a human beyond a huge stab wound). Otherwise, I have no other way to justify why Nick is still breathing.

2) Interesting the way Kip's demon followers just turned tail and ran on Sam's say so. On top of Kip seeking Sam's approval/support in his quest to take over rule of Hell. If the writers were competent, this could mean a return of the Boy King since Sam was born to rule Hell. May be premature, but I'd like to see where this goes. Especially given Sam's statement to Castiel that he would do "anything" to find Dean.

3) Michael is showing that he's worse (in some ways) than Lucifer. Luci wanted to wipe out humans but preserve the rest of creations that he saw as his father's finest work. Michael is totally scorched earth (no pun intended). Taking him down permanently might mean a full alliance of what remains of Heaven, Hell and everything the hunters can muster. 

Maybe since souped up Nick as a special vessel for Lucifer, it made the vessel tougher than normal to kill.

• Love 1

I'm going to have to drink wine instead of tea from now on when watching an episode.

As much as I'm impressed by Jensen as Michael, it seems the Powers have gone a similar route to Demon Dean.  They've tied their hands with regard to what they can do. Michael is kind of ... restrictive in terms of story.  What can they do with him? Especially as these writers have zero imagination or any passion for story telling.  The writers won't want to upset Bros joined at the Hip fans so Dean will be returned quickly.  But on the other hand no other character has a chance to 'breathe' when Dean's around apparently. .And he can't be too evil and upset 'tween Dean fans'. What to do, what to do?

Well for one thing - I'd take a manipulative, intelligent and interesting Michael.  Suave, sophisticated, subtle, articulate,  focused. A complex complicated man. A sensual man, similar to his host.  I don't like the idea of vampire army or blowing away all the lore (which means Dabb & Co can just do what they want in terms of canon).  The Michael story could be so much. It's a Pandora's box with a skilled actor at the helm.

But I have to remember this is The CW.  Not a network renowned for sophisticated storytelling.

Le sigh.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'd take a manipulative, intelligent and interesting Michael.  Suave, sophisticated, subtle, articulate,  focused. A complex complicated man. A sensual man, similar to his host.

I'd like Michael to be interesting too, insofar as his motivations and just what his goals are. But sensual? We're talking about angels that have always been portrayed on the show as a pretty cool, dispassionate lot except for the furor in fulfilling whatever mission they feel they are set out for. The exceptions thus far have been Gabriel and Balthazar (primarily because of their time among humans) and Lucifer (who fell because of his passions). What I would like to see is some real personality, the way we got with Zachariah that fleshes out Michael beyond his self-appointed mission. Because that would give Jensen something to work with and build upon. 

A great example of an angel character that balances the cool indifference with some real spark was Tilda Swinton's protrayal of Gabriel in Constantine. The movie itself was pretty awful (and a poor interpretation of the source material) but her performance was pretty outstanding. We got the disdain for humanity, devotion to his heavenly mission as well as self-righteous fire. 

And we shouldn't discount how Jared portrayed Lucifer back in season four. He had good material and was able to balance the majesty of a fallen archangel with the latent madness that was just underneath the surface. I know that Jensen took some cues from Jared's portrayal of Meg for the Deanmon storyline, so it would make sense for Jensen to look at how Jared handled playing Lucifer (and Gadreel) to help with some of his acting choices.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Maybe since souped up Nick as a special vessel for Lucifer, it made the vessel tougher than normal to kill.

Maybe, but it still isn't Nick and shouldn't have his memories. It should basically be a zombie - a shell.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe, but it still isn't Nick and shouldn't have his memories. It should basically be a zombie - a shell.

Yeah you could be right--just spit balling...may be Crowley altered real Nick?  I don't know, guess we'll find out soon enough.

25 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I know that Jensen took some cues from Jared's portrayal of Meg for the Deanmon storyline, so it would make sense for Jensen to look at how Jared handled playing Lucifer (and Gadreel) to help with some of his acting choices.

Jensen said that? He took acting cues from Jared?

I don't have the link but I do remember it being at one of the cons when Jensen was referring how Jared playing multiple characters and how he'd done it. I get that a lot of people here really discount Jared as an actor, but IMO he's done a lot of very strong work on the show and how he was able to shift between characters (sometimes in the same scene) is really on of his strengths as an actor (and would explain why he'd done it so often in the show). It would make sense for Jensen to get feedback from Jared how to handle that kind of challenge since they work together so closely. They're both very talented actors and have different strengths as performers. 

The point that I was trying to make about how Jensen can approach playing Michael in a way that fit how the character works with the show canon while still making him interesting and unique still stands. I'm reserving judgement on how successful this is going to be because we haven't gotten a lot of scenes to really see what Jensen and the directors really have in mind for Michael.

• Love 2

It looks (going by the promo) that next week will have considerably more Dean/Michael scenes since now he'll have his plan going into motion. I'm hoping that the mirror scene is similar to what we had with the Samifer storyline so that we actually get to see Dean and have him fighting back and giving Michael shit for what he's trying to do. I'm not terribly interested in Michael beyond the fact that I like the actor playing him right now, because he's yet another delusional douche bag who think he's going to better the world by destroying it. I want to see Dean in this fighting him every inch of the way and figuring out a way to throw a monkey wrench into Michael's plans from the inside. 

• Love 1

I don't think Jensen filmed much for ep 2 either so the promo stuff might be it. And since Michael is gone from him by ep 3, I believe that will be it in the altogether. So there is no time to show anything about Dean really fighting or getting in the meat of it.

Flashbacks are mostly an anemic story choice for exposition. Since the dramatic tension is gone, you can't put stuff like that in there either.

• Love 2

Based on the promo "more blood" -- I think he's pulling an Eve stunt -- trying to create supermonsters.  

Thinking of "A Better World" -- I think he just wants to kill people and not the planet.  But like anything with mass death -- it will eventually involve a military response.  Unless he truly gets the Eve formula right and so many are changed so quickly.  But since he has all of Dean's memories, it seems like Croatoan would be more effective.

I was curious and went back through Jason Fischer's  boards.  He's the guy that posts what scenes they'll be shooting.  He said that scenes that are filmed in 2 different locations are coded with a A.  So for example if there was a flashback in scene 13 it would be coded scene A13. 

So I was wanted to check what scenes had this designation.  To see when potential flashbacks would be and how many. 

This doesn't necessary mean that these are all flashbacks because they code phone calls the same way. For exampe  If Dean was calling Sam in scene 13, its would be coded 13 for Dean's side and A13 for Sam's (or vise versa)   I also don't know if they have other ways to code flashbacks scenes. So no one gets confused this is not a definitive or a concrete list.    This is what I found:

Episode 3: A7, B23 (I don't know what the B means), A23, and A33

Episode 4: A36 pt 1

Episode 5: A19

Episode 6: A29

Episode 7: A12

Episode 8: 20 Appx D.  (no idea what this means, but he did say letters afterwards usually mean cameras). 

Scripts usually go up to scene 30 - 40.  Some can be lower and some higher but 30-40 seems the average.  

So very probably Dean could end up having a flashback during the final fight in ep 3, 4, and 6. 

Make of that what you will. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2

I know I am in the minority on this board, but after watching last nights episode, I am on board with bringing Dean back and exploring Michael through flashbacks.  I know it takes away the suspense of saving Dean, but Dean is more of an interesting character to me than Michael.  Removing Dean from the action of the show is what was missing for me in the last episode.  I did enjoy last nights episode, but its clear to me that something was missing and IMO it was Dean.  I think the show works the best when the show showcases both Winchesters.  

If they explore Michael/Dean through flashbacks, that still gives Jensen the opportunity to play Michael as well as bring Dean back.  

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Reganne said:

I know I am in the minority on this board, but after watching last nights episode, I am on board with bringing Dean back and exploring Michael through flashbacks.  I know it takes away the suspense of saving Dean, but Dean is more of an interesting character to me than Michael.  Removing Dean from the action of the show is what was missing for me in the last episode.  I did enjoy last nights episode, but its clear to me that something was missing and IMO it was Dean.  I think the show works the best when the show showcases both Winchesters.  

If they explore Michael/Dean through flashbacks, that still gives Jensen the opportunity to play Michael as well as bring Dean back.  

There are other ways to do this without resorting to flashbacks

Monster of the week flashbacks

Michael keeping Dean subdued by sending him on hunts with his brother

Glimpses of Dean in fighting Michael

To explain Michael  going to Sam they could have Michael pretending to leave Dean because he needs access to the bunker for whatever reason.  This could be done two ways, by having him pretend to be Dean or by having Michael give Dean control back and wiping him memory that he never really left. 

Last season even though Cas wasn't in the first five episodes, I felt his presence because of Dean's grief.   They could have done something similar.  It didn't even have to be big things.  It could have been something simple as Mary or Sam looking for coffee and finding none and realizing that's because Dean always makes it.  Or Sam pulling out his FBI suit and being a little disappointed because it didn't smell like beer.

This way fans are still seeing Dean and the Michael story is still being told in present time.

• Love 2

I don't understand Michael's intentions. Does he want to destroy, rule, what?  Humans can cause an apocalypse all by themselves (let's face it, we're doing it right now) they don't need an archangel and where's the fun in ruling a destroyed planet?

I don't get these celestial big bads.  It seems to me that the writers write themselves into a corner right from the start.  I'm going to enjoy Michael (we've waited 9 seasons after all), but I wish the Powers would move away from giant powerful beings that end up unable to do anything but a fist fight on wires.

And, since Jensen has spoken out I have a sneaky feeling we'll get Lucifer vs Michael Part Deux, this time without wires in the pre-Christmas hiatus episode.

Angels and demons, heaven and hell, it's all so meh now.  If there is a season 15 I'm rooting for a return to the beginnings - gritty dark stories about two blue collar hunters of the supernatural.  I'm wishing Kripke returns to write the final season (won't happen of course).

10 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't understand Michael's intentions. Does he want to destroy, rule, what?  Humans can cause an apocalypse all by themselves (let's face it, we're doing it right now) they don't need an archangel and where's the fun in ruling a destroyed planet?

I don't get these celestial big bads.  It seems to me that the writers write themselves into a corner right from the start.  I'm going to enjoy Michael (we've waited 9 seasons after all), but I wish the Powers would move away from giant powerful beings that end up unable to do anything but a fist fight on wires.

And, since Jensen has spoken out I have a sneaky feeling we'll get Lucifer vs Michael Part Deux, this time without wires in the pre-Christmas hiatus episode.

Angels and demons, heaven and hell, it's all so meh now.  If there is a season 15 I'm rooting for a return to the beginnings - gritty dark stories about two blue collar hunters of the supernatural.  I'm wishing Kripke returns to write the final season (won't happen of course).

I think Michael wants to rule a non-destroyed planet. That's the "difference".  He wants only those who deserve to be saved and a beautiful planet.  He's got a whack concept of "saved" but I think it's similar to when Lucifer made the speech of not wanting to destroy God's last beautiful handiwork.  

So, if I understand correctly, Michael's end game is:
- Beautiful planet (which is better ... apparently... than Heaven)
- Those he saved (for now, loyal monsters... easy to 'buy')
- Everyone else dead .... unless they bow to his will

Now, it's entirely possible that he's going to use the monsters to infiltrate the government (think shapeshifters or Michael versions of Jefferson Starhships possibly), prevent a global thermonuclear war, and then announce himself.  Once he controls the world's massive weapons of destruction, along with governments, with his monster minions, then he can offer himself up to the people not yet eaten and become the world's savior.  Then the remaining people will worship him rather than be eaten.  Based on the preview, he's beta testing monsters.  I think he's looking to get a loyal group of minions -- maybe take a bit of the Dick Roman theory and give them free grazing rights in (pick an area of the world... he might choose America just for fun).  And the rest of the world is "Paradise on Earth", so long as they follow him.  Just a notion.

Logically, Heaven was NEVER enough.  He always wanted "Paradise on Earth".  But it was Michael's version of Paradise.  Not God and his Free Will 'crap'.  Clearly Michael is not a fan of Free Will.  Our Michael tried to sell a load of goods abou Free Will being an illusion.  This AUMichael may have the same whack concept or realized (thru his failure in Apocalypse World) that he needs a different plan.  Because simple coercion didn't work.  His new plan maybe is to create an Army of minions who appear to be the bad guys and he's the "savior" -- thus getting willing cooperation.  

Anyway... it's a theory of how supermonsters work with "Paradise on Earth" version of "A Better World".