Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So have I missed something or has it ever been explained what exactly is motivating Michael? What was he doing in the AU world and why? Is that going to be similar to our world? I'm just confused why he is killing people.

It's not been explained, thus far. The only thing I remember is Dabb or Singer making some reference to him being like Gengis Khan in Apocalpyse World, which is a pretty broad thing. And could mean anything really.  The most clarifying moment I've gotten was him telling Dean that he was going to purify this world of sin and he was going to take Dean's soul first. Maybe he was going to take it to Heaven.

I don't think Michael himself did much killing in the AU. He killed Gabriel and his Lucifer, but I think he had others do his bidding, like Zachariah and AU Castiel and the other minions. I think he can read minds for sure which is what I think he was going to do to the guy in the audio clip we got from Comic Con.  That would mesh with what Jensen was saying about Michael not getting his hands dirty.  Maybe Michael tortures to find out what he needs about each person and then decides what to do with their souls?

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, auntvi said:

Don’t the apron and torture indicate he’s getting his hands dirty? Maybe Jensen didn’t read that far ahead. Although the apron is an improvement over the twinky blinders costume. 

I think Jensen was referring to whether Michael would do hand-to-hand fisticuffs or just use his powers instead. Torture might be a bit different if he enjoys that. 

• Love 2

I dunno, I think the suit and hat are gorgeous and Jensen has innate style that can pull it off. It certainly distinguishes him from Dean. Apart from that I think it's a good choice for Michael. In the few moments we got from Christian Keyes as Michael in our world, he seemed to at least appreciate that it wasn't the barren wasteland that his reality had become. So spiffy, even a bit prissy, duds as opposed to post-apocalyptic warrior gear, seems like a good character note to me.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So have I missed something or has it ever been explained what exactly is motivating Michael? What was he doing in the AU world and why? Is that going to be similar to our world? I'm just confused why he is killing people.

I was listening to the "Women of Letters" Podcast and Jules summed up the round table panels from Comic Con in EP 91. In EP92, she and Amy discussed the featurettes on the DVD.  I THINK it was from Comic Con, but Jules indicated that 'Michael doesn't want a repeat of Apocalypse World.  He's taking his time to get the lay of the land. He ultimately wants to rule the Earth but he doesn't have the people anymore.' and that his quest is about figuring out HOW to best take over the world without repeating Apocalypse World.

That's me paraphrasing.  I haven't had time to watch all the round table interviews nor go thru all the DVD features.  If you are interested, the Superwiki has a link to all the Comic Con roundtable interviews:

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/Comic-Con_2018

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, SueB said:

I was listening to the "Women of Letters" Podcast and Jules summed up the round table panels from Comic Con in EP 91. In EP92, she and Amy discussed the featurettes on the DVD.  I THINK it was from Comic Con, but Jules indicated that 'Michael doesn't want a repeat of Apocalypse World.  He's taking his time to get the lay of the land. He ultimately wants to rule the Earth but he doesn't have the people anymore.' and that his quest is about figuring out HOW to best take over the world without repeating Apocalypse World.

That's me paraphrasing.  I haven't had time to watch all the round table interviews nor go thru all the DVD features.  If you are interested, the Superwiki has a link to all the Comic Con roundtable interviews:

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/Comic-Con_2018

I would be good, more than good really, with this scenario. But how can they tell this story in two episodes? And if told in flashback, we know in advance that he fails, so where's the beef?* so to speak. 

And to be honest,  taking over the Earth seems like the wrong goal when Heaven is right there for taking. He could literally remake it his own image with little to no resistance. Maybe even be hailed as a hero. And Michael is the one for whom Heaven meant something. Meh.

*Yes, I'm that old.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4

Having finally seen the promo, I am so looking forward to watching Jensen have fun with Michael. He is giving Michael an otherworldly presence that is powerful and magnetic without a trace of dean or even Jensen 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I would be good, more than good really, with this scenario. But how can they tell this story in two episodes? And if told in flashback, we know in advance that he fails, so where's the beef?* so to speak. 

And to be honest,  taking over the Earth seems like the wrong goal when Heaven is right there for taking. He could literally remake it his own image with little to no resistance. Maybe even be hailed as a hero. And Michael is the one for whom Heaven meant something. Meh.

*Yes, I'm that old.

I'm thinking that Michael is the Big Bad for the year and he comes back.  Imagine if it was Sam possesed by Lucifer.... that story was omni present in S5 without Lucifer on-screen all the time.  I think either Michael is thought to be gone (but isn't) or he's in the background simmering and they gets hints from time to time.  Or... he's dormant inside Dean, and pops out again later on.  Maybe Dean gets a spell/charm/tattoo/mcguffin that puts Michael (AND his powers) in the backseat.  Since we know Dean is driving the Impala again, there's no "flight" after we get Dean back.

I guess I also think that he's not "back" until Episode 3 (but if there's something definitive that it's Episode 2 that I'm not remembering, then nevermind).

As for the goal of taking over Earth -- remember how Lucifer in The End thought "God's last handiwork" was so miraculous?  And our Michael ALREADY had Heaven and wanted to take over the entire construct (Heaven/Hell/Earth).  So, I think if Heaven was 'enough', there would have been no Apocalypse attempt in our universe and no Apocalypse World in the AU.  

In order for Michael to take over the earth, he's going to have to disable all the Nuclear Weapons (to prevent people from attempting to blow up the Angels -- and take out half the planet).  He's also going to have to get a following (~ a dozen angels isn't enough, presuming they'd be team AU Michael).  So he's going to have to find a 'carrot' for followers.  I think he was all 'stick' in Apocalypse World and that ended in a literal scorched Earth.  If Michael is off simmering in the background (maybe with a lesser vessel -- maybe an Angel he takes over -- maybe Christian's body is still around) - then he can come back and get Dean (his vessel "tuned" to him) for when he starts making big moves.

3 hours ago, SueB said:

As for the goal of taking over Earth -- remember how Lucifer in The End thought "God's last handiwork" was so miraculous?  And our Michael ALREADY had Heaven and wanted to take over the entire construct (Heaven/Hell/Earth).  So, I think if Heaven was 'enough', there would have been no Apocalypse attempt in our universe and no Apocalypse World in the AU.  

I agree. Regular Michael wasn't content to just rule heaven. Whether he really thought that the supposed prophecy was what Chuck / God wanted, or it was just an excuse to start the apocalypse, our Michael wanted more than just being the ruler of heaven. He was bored or had a revelation or something, and once he got it in his head that the apocalypse had to happen, nothing was going to stop him from that goal.

What is less clear for me was what Michael's endgame was. For me, I don't think that Michael would've been content to just kill Lucifer... I think he was killing Lucifer for a purpose. Maybe to get rid of the "evil" in the world. And if that was the case, I think that "evil" in humanity would've been next. As I've said before, killing Lucifer wasn't necessary to keep the status quo. Lucifer didn't rise on his own. He was locked safely away in the cage before Michael and the demons conspired together or independently for the same purpose to spring him. I find it hard to believe that Michael just chose that particular moment to decide to kill Lucifer just to fulfill some prophecy. I think he had a deeper reason than that. And I personally don't think that reason would've meant puppies and rainbows for all of humanity.

With AU Michael, killing Lucifer here in the regular world didn't have the same result of toasting half the planet for whatever reason - maybe it was necessary to have all of the seals breaking and the horsemen etc. leading up to the epic battle in order to get the desired result - so AU Michael is going to have to find another way to accomplish whatever it was his plan was before things went awry in his universe.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

What is less clear for me was what Michael's endgame was. For me, I don't think that Michael would've been content to just kill Lucifer... I think he was killing Lucifer for a purpose. Maybe to get rid of the "evil" in the world. And if that was the case, I think that "evil" in humanity would've been next.

In Lucifer Rising Castiel told Dean that there would be Paradise on earth.  Dean would be at peace...even with Sam.  Dean didn't really want to be a Stepford Wife so he chose freedom.  I'm guessing Michael wanted heaven on earth.  Humanity and freewill is pretty chaotic.  Heaven is well ordered, everyone seemed very compartmentalized.  I always assumed that Michael wanted to clean up God's mess...basically us.

55 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

With AU Michael, killing Lucifer here in the regular world didn't have the same result of toasting half the planet for whatever reason

It didn't even break a window.  Kind of anti climatic.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

In Lucifer Rising Castiel told Dean that there would be Paradise on earth.  Dean would be at peace...even with Sam.  Dean didn't really want to be a Stepford Wife so he chose freedom.  I'm guessing Michael wanted heaven on earth.  Humanity and freewill is pretty chaotic.  Heaven is well ordered, everyone seemed very compartmentalized.  I always assumed that Michael wanted to clean up God's mess...basically us.

Yup. I agree. It's one of the main reasons I never thought Michael's motives were ever good for humanity as it was known. "Paradise on earth" may sound good, but in my opinion, the meaning of that is vague enough to include some things not so good in terms of humanity... or at least for some. And "paradise" is up for interpretation. While some people might find Michael's version of paradise to be to their liking, I think anyone who might cherish free will and individual thought - like Dean - would find it far from perfect. And anyone who didn't fit the angels' definition of "worthy" - whatever that would be - would likewise not be included in their version of paradise and could potentially be sacrificed for the cause.

So while Michael purported to be following God's will by killing Lucifer, I'm not so sure that fundamentally changing humanity by creating "heaven on earth" would've been exactly what Chuck had in mind. It would've kind of defeated Chuck's purpose of creating humans in the first place.

I imagine that AU Michael's motivations are somewhat similar as regular version Michael, but since an apocalypse like in season 5 is not in order, he's going to have to find another way of trying to get what he wants, and as with regular Michael, I don't think he'd think twice about getting rid of thosse he found unworthy or who would potentially threaten his version of paradise.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Just because we know Dean comes back at some point doesn't mean Michael fails ultimately. He could use another vessel. Lots of story to tell with Michael, regardless of whether he is in Dean or not. 

If they continue with Michael in a different vessel, then Dean should remember what Michael was attempting to do, and be the best person to stop him.

• Love 3

I like the idea of there being residues of Michael in Dean throughout the season, but we only see bits here and there.  The series is set up as Arc/MOTW format so it's almost impossible for Dean to be full-on Michael for any length of time.  Sam could still hunt and be soulless because it didn't make much difference, he was still Sam (kinda).

But at the moment Dean is not Dean.  They've admitted it's difficult to write this show without the bros together forever.  And fans are clamouring on twitter (unless I follow the wrong crowd) for Sammy to 'cure' Dean. 

But if they keep Michael's presence in the background... Dean hasn't truly extinguished all of him, shards of Michael still remain.  Maybe we are privy, other characters aren't.  Something like that? I don't know if they're clever enough to write this angle, but I know Jensen is well able to portray it.

This show does not have the budget for big Armageddon type events.  I think Michael is captivated by Earth and its inhabitants and the tall, pretty body he's inherited.  The torture scene was annoying for me.  Please don't go there show!!  I want wonderment.

Our planet is waaaay more entertaining and challenging for Michael than boring ol' Heaven.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

And fans are clamouring on twitter (unless I follow the wrong crowd) for Sammy to 'cure' Dean. 

Sam shouldn't be able to "cure" Dean though.  No one should unless it's Guck or Amara.  Dean is inside an archangel. Sam had to fight Gadreel in his head with an assist from Crowley, and from Dean with that  mind digging thing on him.  So to my mind, the only thing Sam could do is try to capture Michael!Dean and do that same procedure or use the Magic Egg.  Otherwise it should still require Dean himself to do the heavy lifting and eject him. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Just because we know Dean comes back at some point doesn't mean Michael fails ultimately. He could use another vessel. Lots of story to tell with Michael, regardless of whether he is in Dean or not. 

moved to the bitter spoilers thread, just in case...

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Aaaaand, that's where I would get bitter. Everything lead us to believe that Jensen would get a good, long arc out of this. Much as I like Christian, I want Mean!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Sam shouldn't be able to "cure" Dean though.  No one should unless it's Guck or Amara.  Dean is inside an archangel. Sam had to fight Gadreel in his head with an assist from Crowley, and from Dean with that  mind digging thing on him.  So to my mind, the only thing Sam could do is try to capture Michael!Dean and do that same procedure or use the Magic Egg.  Otherwise it should still require Dean himself to do the heavy lifting and eject him. 

Not sure if this is where I should respond because there is severe bitterness attached but Sam shouldn't have been able to cure Demon Dean with the ad libbed demon cure considering all the differences involved in the fact that Dean wasn't actually possessed to begin with, he used blessed donor blood (wt actual f), etc. However, they allowed it. Sam (and Co.) shouldn't have been able to remove the MoC considering the Father of Murder searched for a few millennia for a cure but he/they did. Caine was such an idiot. 

I don't doubt for a minute that there will be some hooky craptastic thing that will cure Dean and sideline him for most of the season. That's the way the show rolls now. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

EW Article on Supernatural - 26 Sep

Small snippet -- Cas and Sam have a bit of bonding.  Cas is 'pulling out all the stops' and making deals. Michael stays around longer but Dean will be back sooner.  

Nothing new IMO but cements what we've been saying -- Michael is a long-term story. 

Michael. Not Michael!Dean.

Like Samantha went to the trouble of highlighting in her tweet of this article:

Lucky Sam and Cas, they get to bond!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Michael. Not Michael!Dean.

Like Samantha went to the trouble of highlighting in her tweet of this article:

Lucky Sam and Cas, they get to bond!

This is all so eye-roll inducing, at this point.

It's like they're trying to scare viewers away instead of enticing them to watch-well, Deanfans, anyway; but then again, we should be used to that by now, I suppose. 

Heading to Bitter Spoilers because where else would a Deanfan go these days...

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 5

The entire hunter clan is wildly searching for any possible solution to the problem.” Jared Padalecki adds, “Sam is grateful in a strange way almost to have something to do

I thought the AU hunters were working against Sam because they wanted Michael dead.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I thought the AU hunters were working against Sam because they wanted Michael dead.

This is what I mentioned in the Bitter Spoilers thread. There is no consistency in the spoilers from the various outlets or even from the show itself. I don't get this at all.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I have no doubt that Michael is a long term story.  My question is it one that Dean is involved in?

I think so.  They have some mechanism by which Dean is "Dean" again but Michael is still a threat.  And I think Dean is end game for Michael - he's his perfect vessel.  So Michael is either:
- hopping vessels
- found a temporary alternate vessel
- incorporeal and up to something
- somehow attached to Dean and temporarily inactive

Because I think, in Michael's mind, Dean is his perfect 'fit', I think he wouldn't willingly leave Dean.  But I don't think he is gone for long.  I'm VERY curious as to how they pull it off.  I'm hoping it's believable.  We're not hearing any sour grapes from any avenues yet -- and in fact they are still hyping Michael as the big bad.  If anything, they seem to be responding to the panic about Dean being absent for too long and trying to asuage those fears.  Which of course is leading to the alternate fear - the story is too short.  BUT, if it was a repeat of 'too short', I think we'd be hearing other story bits be a larger focus.  They'd try to downplay the importance of Michael to the season.  They aren't doing that either.

In short - I think they think they've found a solution.  But whether fans buy it is yet to be determined. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SueB said:

And I think Dean is end game for Michael - he's his perfect vessel.  So Michael is either:
- hopping vessels
- found a temporary alternate vessel
- incorporeal and up to something

If Dean is his perfect vessel why would he give it up?  It seems to me he would fight tooth and nail to keep it.

14 minutes ago, SueB said:

If anything, they seem to be responding to the panic about Dean being absent for too long and trying to asuage those fears. 

It seems like they accomplished this by just dropping the live story and telling it though flashbacks, rather than take a risk.  Flashbacks take the meat out of the story because we know Dean is safe and sound and ultimately Michael failed.  

The brothers don't need to be attached at the hip.  IMO, this story would be better if they didn't feel the need to cater to those fans.  Because it would open up new story telling opportunities.  They limit themselves with this line of thinking.

I just wish the show would take a risk, but it sounds very much like status quo.

What that status quo is belongs in bitter spoilers or bitch/jerk.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5

If Michael was so determined to have his 'perfect' vessel, why was he in the process of killing him before he was stopped? I have no doubt they are going to have him be the big bad, they just aren't going to let Jensen have the story. 

If Michael was so determined to have his 'perfect' vessel, why was he in the process of killing him before he was stopped? I have no doubt they are going to have him be the big bad, they just aren't going to let Jensen have the story. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, SueB said:

We're not hearing any sour grapes from any avenues yet 

The only one who would care is Jensen and he's too much of a team player to scuttle the season before it begins.How long did it take for him to express disappointment over Demon Dean or Purgatory? And even then it was mild. 

• Love 3
On 9/26/2018 at 11:21 PM, SueB said:

If anything, they seem to be responding to the panic about Dean being absent for too long and trying to asuage those fears.  Which of course is leading to the alternate fear - the story is too short.  BUT, if it was a repeat of 'too short', I think we'd be hearing other story bits be a larger focus.

I think we are getting the bolded part. IMO,the most mentioned spoiler since Comic Con has been that Sam is taking over the leadership role while Dean is "away". The next most mentioned one, again IMO, is Cas will become a mentor/father-figure to Jack, who is struggling with having lost his powers. Then there will be emotional fallout for Dean after Michael is expelled from his body. Then Momby. Dean being possessed by Michael is not a spoiler-we saw this in the finale-and Michael being the season's Big Bad does not and cannot equate to a Dean-only spoiler at this point. That's more of simply a Michael spoiler and little more than that, at this point, IMO-which makes this spec that Michael might still be 

after ep. 2 or 3, the only one that would satisfy this Dean fan as it would keep the possession storyline active in a live manner. Flashbacks are very iffy on this show, IMO, as regards both screen-time and actual connection to plot and storylines-both being a  big concern for this fan when one considers the writing history with flashbacks on this show. Those other specs again seem more Michael-related than Dean-related to me; and, again considering the writing history on this show, I don't think that we can assume that Michael will remain a Dean-connected storyline in any way other than to further Dean's angst and emotional suffering after Michael is expelled-and those ARE the only real Dean spoilers that we've gotten for the character from anyone, even Jensen, since Comic Con.

And yes, I'm sure the writers might not have had any idea at the time(or possibly even now) what they were going to do with Dean besides have him angst after Michael was expelled, but that thought does not inspire a lot of confidence in what turn the writing might take for Dean after the first half of the season either. No, not at all-again when one considers the writing history on this show post S5 for the character after traumatic events have happened to him, and especially taking into consideration what Dabb and Singer have done(and not done) for and with the character since taking over the showrunning.

In short - I think they think they've found a solution.  But whether fans buy it is yet to be determined. 

Some will buy anything that they try to sell as long as it ends with Dean and Sam joined at the hip again, and their aim seems to me to be to please this segment of fandom more than any other and even if that means character stagnation for one or both of the brothers-although the silver lining for Samfans is that if Sam's season-long storyline is becoming the Leader or "leading brother"-as Singer's wife referred to him in a recent article that I just read and as we have been lead to believe by numerous other spoilers that have come out-then he at least will avoid the stagnation bug, character-wise.  

So the question, as it's ever been in my little corner of fandom remains, what about Dean in that regard? Is he going to be allowed to grow and come into his own as a leader of men and hunters also? Or will his "growth" yet again be shown to us as simply realizing that, of the two of them, Sam is indeed the better one for this job, too?

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I've been wondering in a really weird notion if Michael's entire goal was to get to Dean and take him out of the way because he knew he would be his most powerful foe.  Like maybe he would kill Dean to make OG Michael or Lucifer couldn't use him. I'm still wondering about his "Oh, I know who you are" which seemed like maybe he's studied him and had a plan to take him off the board and then when Dean decided to offer himself he switched gears.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I've been wondering in a really weird notion if Michael's entire goal was to get to Dean and take him out of the way because he knew he would be his most powerful foe.  Like maybe he would kill Dean to make OG Michael or Lucifer couldn't use him. I'm still wondering about his "Oh, I know who you are" which seemed like maybe he's studied him and had a plan to take him off the board and then when Dean decided to offer himself he switched gears.

Dean was going to be his first kill on our earth and he said that Dean should feel honored to be the first(did he also mention "saving" too? I can't recall...)-and this, even while, yes, he knew that Dean was the Michael Sword.

I'd love for that to mean something, too, Catrox, but it's Dabb, so it was probably just a throwaway line to him.

10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 2

http://winchesterbros.com/?p=18463

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18

SUPERNATURAL

“Gods and Monsters” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

RICHARD SPEIGHT, JR. RETURNS TO DIRECT – Sam (Jared Padalecki) finds a clue to Dean’s (Jensen Ackles) whereabouts, so he, Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) and Bobby (guest star Jim Beaver) set out to investigate. Castiel imparts some sage advice on Jack (Alexander Calvert), who, still desperate to belong, seeks out a familial connection. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode written by Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming. (#1402). Original airdate 10/18/2018

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Everyone is on set.  Episode?

I wonder who the guest is - assuming someone significant since she went out of the way to point it out.

ETA: the quote of the week tweet yesterday said 14x07

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder who the guest is - assuming someone significant since she went out of the way to point it out.

Danneel?  The chair is between Jensen and Jared, which seems an odd placement. :)  

Also, why doesn't Jensen's chair have the over-the-arm pocket everyone else's has? (Just curious!)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, SueB said:

The clip on Kelly and Ryan today was the end of the clip played at SDCC. Not the full clip but now you have a visual with the audio. 

I thought it was the beginning of the clip just going by the voice recording that we heard from CC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

I thought it was the beginning of the clip just going by the voice recording that we heard from CC.

It's not at the very beginning because we don't hear the Arabic portion.  Here is the audio clip for comparison FWIW.

I loved seeing it. Jensen is fantastic. There is not a hint of Dean floating in there at all.  IMO, the clip we see is a different take than the clip from SDCC. His voice sounds a bit different and there is a difference in the cadence just slightly.  

• Love 1

It's the same scene.  I don't know if the editing affected anything.

The scene starts with the man first waking up slowly and beginning his daily prayers.  Then Michael!Dean starts in with the Arabic.  Then we get that snippet.  I'm pretty sure Michael!Dean starts talking about his mission and then verbally sizing up prayer-dude after that.

• Love 1

They should just show the damn clip already. What exactly are they afraid of?

But no, it's much more interesting to talk about how Jensen named his two year old children or about Jack's fainting spells or Sam and Cas's bonding abilities without pesky ol' Dean there to interfere. 

Blech.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They should just show the damn clip already. What exactly are they afraid of?

But no, it's much more interesting to talk about how Jensen named his two year old children or about Jack's fainting spells or Sam and Cas's bonding abilities without pesky ol' Dean there to interfere. 

Blech.

Kelly and Ryan set the "cozy chat" tone.  And it was a fairly long clip -- too long for a talk show.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, SueB said:

Kelly and Ryan set the "cozy chat" tone.  And it was a fairly long clip -- too long for a talk show.

Yeah, sorry, that was actually meant as two different comments. The fluff 'interview' from K&R, and the stinginess of CW/WB in sharing that clip with the general fandom. I do understand how morning show appearances work ;)

• Love 3