Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

The upside for me with him playing a different character that is presumably gonna be a supernatural character - either Dabb or Singer said fans would be "happy and terrified" - would be a) powers and b) not being a clown.  The last part has been so over the top in the last few years, I`d be happy to get a break for at least half a Season. 

I don`t mind if Dean himself wouldn`t really be present for a long time. It`s not gonna happen anyway but I wouldn`t mind it because to me it`s still a juicy storyline for the character. And if they do an amalgamation, that is Dean and that other character forming a new personality that slowly emerges? Hooray. That could have more longevity. 

Yes, eventually I`d like real Dean back but the original plan for Soulless Sam back then was to have it last the full Season instead of just half. Gadreel lasted at least a third of a Season, too. I would want something to play out at least for 7-8 episodes.   

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

The upside for me with him playing a different character that is presumably gonna be a supernatural character - either Dabb or Singer said fans would be "happy and terrified" - would be a) powers and b) not being a clown.  The last part has been so over the top in the last few years, I`d be happy to get a break for at least half a Season. 

I don`t mind if Dean himself wouldn`t really be present for a long time. It`s not gonna happen anyway but I wouldn`t mind it because to me it`s still a juicy storyline for the character. And if they do an amalgamation, that is Dean and that other character forming a new personality that slowly emerges? Hooray. That could have more longevity. 

Yes, eventually I`d like real Dean back but the original plan for Soulless Sam back then was to have it last the full Season instead of just half. Gadreel lasted at least a third of a Season, too. I would want something to play out at least for 7-8 episodes.   

The MOC arc ran longer than Souless Sam and Gadreel put together.  TBH though, I could have done without Gadreel altogether.  I love the Souless Sam arc though, so complaints from me there.  

As far as Dean being NotDean.  I am ok with that.  I would rather Dean be someone else than Sam at this point.  Maybe because we have seen Sam as someone else before and I would rather them explore Sam's character in these later seasons.  I just hope it's an interesting character for Dean.  If it does turn out to be Michael, I hope they make him more interesting than he has been in the series so far.  Overall, that would make for a better season/finale.

28 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Well Dabb is saying in here the show will go past Episode 13 and Jensen/Jared seem to be agreeing so there is no reason to not have announced a pickup yet. 

http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/supernatural-final-season-14-renewed-episode-300-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki/

If the network hasn't formally given them the heads up, then they can't. There is no reason to read it being manipulative for ratings.  And as discussed elsewhere, the network could still pull the plug for any reason.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scribe95 said:

Well Dabb is saying in here the show will go past Episode 13 and Jensen/Jared seem to be agreeing so there is no reason to not have announced a pickup yet. 

http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/supernatural-final-season-14-renewed-episode-300-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki/

I think they're simply holding out to make the announcement a big deal. I don't think it's about stringing fandom along, but about turning it into an event of some sort this time. I could be they're planning a two-year and done renewal or it could have to do with the fate of Wayward Sisters and them wanting to announce them both together? I really don't know, but I don't feel like I'm being strung along for ratings purposes. I'm not sure how a renewal would affect ratings anyway. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If the network hasn't formally given them the heads up, then they can't. There is no reason to read it being manipulative for ratings.  And as discussed elsewhere, the network could still pull the plug for any reason.

It is my opinion there is NO WAY they don't have an official headsup from the network. Or they wouldn't be filming a season finale instead of wrapping it all up.

At conventions some of the actors come out and ask to keep watching to make sure they get another season and I have seen similar tweets from higher ups. I just consider that sucky when they clearly know.

But I'm in a cranky mood so maybe tomorrow it won't bother me :)

7 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

It is my opinion there is NO WAY they don't have an official headsup from the network. Or they wouldn't be filming a season finale instead of wrapping it all up

Based on what?

They aren't filming the finale yet. That doesn't happen until April

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I think they're simply holding out to make the announcement a big deal. I don't think it's about stringing fandom along, but about turning it into an event of some sort this time. I could be they're planning a two-year and done renewal or it could have to do with the fate of Wayward Sisters and them wanting to announce them both together? I really don't know, but I don't feel like I'm being strung along for ratings purposes. I'm not sure how a renewal would affect ratings anyway. 

CW and WB want SPN next year--it's all up to the boys and with Dabb and Jensen it tells us we got 14 and past 300 which some including Jessica at Tree Topper thought would be the endpoint.  We have at least season 14--for sure.  And now with this announcement 15 is more likely with Jensen and Dabb sounding positive in general. 

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Ahem... yes, let's not jinx it and get it first ;-) - and hopefully it will last more than a hot minute.

Well in have been in the wilderness babbling to myself about Apocalypse and Dean!Michael  for quite some time.  It's exciting to see it playing out 

I can not jinx it.  Either they wrote it or not.

11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'll give you the high five when it turns out to be Michael. That is not confirmed yet.

Yes.  Crowley would my orhernweak suspect. He has been dying to get into Dean"s pants.

But seriously... Amael spelled it out. Dean will offer himself tyo Michael quid pro quo to save Mary and probably to save the world.  Self sacrificed to save a loved one and/or take out a baddie are go to moves when ge gets desperate aand,deoressed enough.  It is a Dean thang. 

On 3/21/2018 at 9:41 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

I was going to say, but.. but.. Azazel is dead, lit up and sparked out, dead. Then I remembered we're talking about Dabb-era Supernatural. There is literally nothing in canon we can count on as a baseline of what's possible. I hate that.

He studied up to play Michael the first time around so rhat his manbsrisjs,would match Mary Cohen's.

On 3/20/2018 at 5:58 PM, companionenvy said:

Okay, totally cracky spec time. I don't actually think this is as likely as Dean!Michael, but I think it is a possibility -- and one that would in some ways make more narrative sense than the likelier alternative. 

The problem with Dean as Michael is that the one-true-vessel (OTV) plotline has been kaput for a while, and Michael himself is, as others have said, kind of a zero. I'm just not seeing Dean saying "yes" to either version of Michael as something that seems consistent with the concerns of the show in its current form. If the show were going to go with Dean Michael, I also think there were some obvious opportunities for set-up that they missed.

However, while the OTV plotline seems well and truly finished, for both Dean and Sam (Lucifer has been back for years without caring that Sam is still, presumably, his OTV - I think there was a throwaway comment that he didn't need Sam anymore, but otherwise, it has been entirely ignored), if I understand angel lore correctly, both of them would also be suitable vessels for any other angel.

We don't have a ton of angels who would make sense in this capacity. You could get wacky comedy from a Cas-in-Dean MOW, but I don't see it as a plot with real long-term stakes. Gabriel is back, but I can't see how that would be all that dramatically resonant. Dean hosting Lucifer could be an interesting scenario, but that would bring us back to the defunct OTV plot, and we've already done the "Lucifer takes one of the gang as his vessel" storyline with Cas a couple of seasons ago. 

But there is another part-angel character around this season, one who has been set up to play a significant role in the season arc-plot -- and one whose relationship with Dean the show did spend some time developing. Having Dean say yes to Jack, a being he initially wanted to kill, remained suspicious of, and has now accepted, a being who is good but still has obvious vulnerabilities and self-doubt, some of it perhaps linked to Dean's initial judgment of him, could be a really satisfying payoff to that dynamic. 

Of course, we don't know that nephilim can even take vessels, but I don't think it has been established that they can't. In fact, the plan that Sam hatched last year of siphoning off Jack's angel part could even come into play here - what if you could separate the angel and the human parts by having a willing vessel accept the angel?

Again, cracky, and probably not true. But if it comes to pass, I reserve the right to gloat.

Jack does not need a vessel.

I have speculated thazr Dean woukd say Yes to cage Michael in a quid pro quo move to save Mary because they need archangel grace in the spell.  An added bonus is Dean!Michael could remove some bad players on the board.  Archangels' strength appears,based on bjrth order so Michael is the oldest and strongest.   They have a man I established that he is at his full strength in Dean. That is whatcITC/Michael's sword mean.

The idea of a quid pro quo deal with an angel to save a loved one waa brought up by Amael so I am doubling down that tbis is,how it will go down. It fits completely with Dean's psyche and m.o.

The fact that Michael might be crazy is icing.

Jensen's homework is watching Matt Cohen play Michael. 

It did not make sense f or Dean to say yes in 5 because he would have killed Sam, been complicit in the deaths of innocents and it was the antithesis of free will.  This time he will choose to sacrifice himself to save his mother and for the greater good.  These reckless sacrifices to saved loved ones and/or to take out an opponent are his fatal flaw and the way he drives the mytharc as a. Character.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Myrelle said:

It could still turn out to be AUMichael whom he allows in and, yes, to save Mary.

They might not reference the cage at all. I wouldn't like that, but still better than what they've given him since the beginning of S12. IMO, of course.

Rowena is alive.  Rowena can open the cage. In fact Rowena is the only person that can and put said archangel in a holding cell for a chat.  There is the 4 ring method  which dies not involve a holding cell and involve a the unlikely ciipwratuon of Billie.  So Rowena being akive is a big deal.  She is a walking plot device.

She also want a Lucifer dead. Guess who is the most like entity to acvomplish that, his older brother Michael.  Case in point, Michael handily beats Lucifer in AU Apocalypse and in the real world hence the green room painting.

They have set AU Michael up as motivator, a macguffin as it were.  The real action will be over here I suspect and is long overdue.  They will have soebt 2 years,setting up the Winchester Apocalypse 2.0. I suspect that is what we are getting.

They’ve mentioned in the past hat the CE has promised them a minimum 4-5 episode heads up if they are ending.  They probably haven’t had that and feel they are safe for S14.  It’s a reasonable presumption.  But if the Network hasn’t announced it to them, then they are ‘at risk’ til it’s announced. 

Up fronts are May 18th.  We’ll know by then.  

So. Thinking more.

I'm thinking Jensen might not be Michael. I think he might be Lucifer. 

I say this for a few reasons.

When asked at cons about other characters Jensen wouldn't want to be, he said he wouldn't want to have to follow up on Mark Pellegrino's Lucifer. But that Lucifer would be a fun one to play. Could be a misdirect or it could be "this is an eye opener" kind of hint as well. Could go either way. 

He said that this character is going to be along the lines of demon Dean. Michael doesn't seem to comport with demon Dean but Lucifer would to an extent. 

Jared said at Paleyfest interview  that he's been curious for a long time what Jensen's take on this character would be.  And he gave him some tips. And given that Jared and Misha have played Lucifer, why not give Jensen a crack at it? Yeah, yeah, I know I know. It's a character we haven't seen in many years (supposedly) which sort of rules out Michael since we are seeing a version of Michael now. I dunno, maybe that's potato/potatoe.

I don't know there is something about Jared's excitement  that makes me think it's not Michael. He might be curious to see what Jensen would do with Lucifer. Hard to say.

Jared's remarks come at about 2:20 ish...

Edited by catrox14

Nah. I think it's Michael even more now. I think what he meant by "helping" him was referring to the part when he said when he plays NotSam he tries to lose Sam as much as he can, especially if it involves possession.

And there was something about the way he said he's been waiting to see Jensen explore this for a long time-it even kind of felt to me as if he could have added on "just like many in the fandom", if he wasn't so nervous about spoiling something.

Edited by Myrelle

Oh, and I think when Jensen said it's along the lines of Demon Dean, he could have meant two things and either one or the other or both-1) that it's likely going to happen as the cliffhanger that we'll go into S14 with, and then it will play out for a few episodes in 14 and/or 2) the character is cold and uncaring-along the same lines as DemonDean-only with no hints of OurDean apparent or likely to be added in.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Aeryn13 said:

The spoiler tumblr said that the kiss is "not between who you`d think", it was between "one of the boys with one of the Scooby girls" and to someone speculating among other things Sam kissing Velma since they seem to interact a lot that something was partially correct. Coupled with the funny pay-off, to me that leaves either Daphne/Sam or Velma/Dean. I`d put more odds on the first but don`t count the second one out completely.  

Bringing this up again because I saw a tumblr post that had all the characters from both shows framed in one frame and FWIW Dean had a lipstick set of lips on one of his cheeks so maybe Velma does plant one on him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

So. Thinking more.

I say this for a few reasons.

When asked at cons about other characters Jensen wouldn't want to be, he said he wouldn't want to have to follow up on Mark Pellegrino's Lucifer. But that Lucifer would be a fun one to play. Could be a misdirect or it could be "this is an eye opener" kind of hint as well. Could go either way. 

He said that this character is going to be along the lines of demon Dean. Michael doesn't seem to comport with demon Dean but Lucifer would to an extent. 

Jared said at Paleyfest interview  that he's been curious for a long time what Jensen's take on this character would be.  And he gave him some tips. And given that Jared and Misha have played Lucifer, why not give Jensen a crack at it? Yeah, yeah, I know I know. It's a character we haven't seen in many years (supposedly) which sort of rules out Michael since we are seeing a version of Michael now. I dunno, maybe that's potato/potatoe.

I don't know there is something about Jared's excitement  that makes me think it's not Michael. He might be curious to see what Jensen would do with Lucifer. Hard to say.

Jared's remarks come at about 2:20 ish...

I guess the only question then is why Jensen would've said it was a character we haven't seen for a long time. Unless that was an intentional misdirect.

Inside peek at ScoobyNatural. I'm not loving Dean 'screaming' in fright at a monster, but otherwise it looks like fun!

Edited by gonzosgirrl

I think it is Michael at this point. And they are probably thinking it is gonna be surprising and shocking to a degree. Not to mention Lucifer-wise, they are really in love with Pellegrino. They brought him back with a rather flimsy excuse as to that vessel, they did some writing gymnastics to establish "this vessel is fine longterm and inescapable, too". Clearly done because they wanted to keep the actor around. And around. They have no such commitment to anyone playing Michael. 

Now I remember before the Season started, someone altered Jensen`s imdb to put "Michael" among the characters in Supernatural he played. That was probably either a joke or some misunderstanding due to learning there would be a Michael this year, just in the AU. But if it turns out to be right in the Season Finale? Kudos. That person should probably play the lottery at least once.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
Just now, catrox14 said:

Still can't get over and am still annoyed by just how much Dean doesn't look at all like Dean in Scooby Doo. It's ridiculous. Seriously, how did that pass muster?

I don’t think any of them particularly look like their actors. Perhaps Sam is a little more familiar than the other two, but even he is not that great. IMO Cas looks nothing like Misha and it’s his clothing rather than facial animation that allows the viewer to realise who he’s meant to be. 

• Love 1

I noticed at 2:45 in that video, Jared also specifically says they are not picked up yet (and he wants to get picked up, so he's not going to piss anyone off lol). Interesting when all of the panel comments and talk of future eps/direction made it seem like a done deal.

1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I don’t think any of them particularly look like their actors. Perhaps Sam is a little more familiar than the other two, but even he is not that great. IMO Cas looks nothing like Misha and it’s his clothing rather than facial animation that allows the viewer to realise who he’s meant to be. 

I think Sam looks like Sam and I think Cas looks mostly like Cas. Dean is nearly unrecognizable as Dean. Big differences IMO.

• Love 1

Right now, my biggest question is how and why Dean is wearing a red ascot in the real world.

Maybe the kiss is between Dean and Fred. 

20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Still can't get over and am still annoyed by just how much Dean doesn't look at all like Dean in Scooby Doo. It's ridiculous. Seriously, how did that pass muster?

It’s hard to recreate perfection. ;-)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I noticed at 2:45 in that video, Jared also specifically says they are not picked up yet (and he wants to get picked up, so he's not going to piss anyone off lol). Interesting when all of the panel comments and talk of future eps/direction made it seem like a done deal.

I'm REALLY! wondering if the Js demanded shortened seasons now. It's the only reason that I can think of that would have them expressing any kind of concern over being picked up, at this point,

Maybe Jensen will be playing AU Uriel or Raphael.  Neither have been seen in recent years, but are powerful angels.  Or maybe he gets to play God.  I just think Michael is too easy of a choice, plus we've seen him recently.

56 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Or maybe he gets to play God.  I just think Michael is too easy of a choice, plus we've seen him recently.

That's the part that makes me think it isn't Michael, unless Singer and Dabb are not counting AU Michael

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I will probably scream if that happens. 

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I guess the only question then is why Jensen would've said it was a character we haven't seen for a long time. Unless that was an intentional misdirect.

I'm hoping it wasn't.

Maybe were taking his comments about having to do a lot of research the wrong way. After all he's only played Dean for or a variation of Dean for years. It seems reasonable if he were to play Michael, he would need to refresh his memory on both what his original intent in portraying him had been and what was shown on screen by those that did. There's also the added instability of the effects of being imprisoned and ultimately abandoned by Chuck after thinking that he was doing the right thing, being a good son.

That's the part that makes me think it isn't Michael, unless Singer and Dabb are not counting AU Michael

Or it could be Gabriel.

But as a matter of preference between the two, I'd rather him play a crazed, psychotic archangel as opposed to . . . wait, that would be the same for both right now wouldn't it? Lol.

Edited by Res
  • Love 3

At least one of my favorite Dean traits is on display.  No matter how crappy things get Dean still appreciates the little things.  He's a Frozen fan.  Plus, I want to hang out in The Fortress of Deanitude. 

Sam stop being a buzzkill and let Dean enjoy his Dean cave.

Velma= Becky 2.0

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5

I’m not sure what to think of Cas’ “I once led armies and now I’m paired with a philstine and talking dog line”. I don’t think he’s shown such snobbery / arguable disdain towards anyone since he was humbled by the catastrophe that was Godstiel. 

Except perhaps Metatron and Lucifer and that’s because they were bad guys not general snobbery. 

Edited by Wayward Son
29 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

At least one of my favorite Dean traits is on display.  No matter how crappy things get Dean still appreciates the little things.  He's a Frozen fan.  Plus, I want to hang out in The Fortress of Deanitude. 

Sam stop being a buzzkill and let Dean enjoy his Dean cave.

Velma= Becky 2.0

It really takes so little to make him happy, and even when Sam craps on his joy he doesn't let it dissuade him. I love that.

• Love 5

Okay. I know I say this a lot. Dean absolutely does not seem like Dean to me in that clip. He seems like someone acting like Dean.  Could he already be playing a different character?  He seems a little like Gabriel. The snark doesn't seem like Dean. Why is Sam questioning how Dean had time to do all that? Why does Sam seem so surprised that he's quoting Frozen? Sam knows Dean likes pop culture.

Or are we seeing Dean through Sam's eyes?? I don't know. Something has bugged me about Dean since before WS. I'm side-eying this. 

• Love 1

Dean’s ability to enjoy the little things and take his happy moments when he can has always been a delight for me.  And I love when he nests.  The Dean-cave is perfect but if they ever get Cas, Jack, and Mary in the room at the same time as the boys he’s going to need more seating. Its a little character insight IMO that Dean has two matching lazyboys (for he and Sam).  They’re equals and he wouldn’t have one without the other.   He talks about a kegerator - wouldn’t it be fun if Dean took up Home brewing?   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Dean’s ability to enjoy the little things and take his happy moments when he can has always been a delight for me.  And I love when he nests.  The Dean-cave is perfect but if they ever get Cas, Jack, and Mary in the room at the same time as the boys he’s going to need more seating. Its a little character insight IMO that Dean has two matching lazyboys (for he and Sam).  They’re equals and he wouldn’t have one without the other.   He talks about a kegerator - wouldn’t it be fun if Dean took up Home brewing?   

I’m assuming he’ll expect the others to take the floor, or grab a chair from the main room unless of course he wants it to be his and Sam’s private brothers only area. 

I think Dean can get by with two chairs.  I don't think the other one is specifically for anyone.  Just whoever wants to watch tv with him

I think the other chair is for Cas.  We know that they watched Tombstone together. 

Given Sam's attitude towards Dean lately, and his disdain for the Dean cave, I don't see him spending much time there.

Mary can barely stand to be in the same room as her boys.

As for Jack, he's too busy being a precious cinnamon roll to want to stop and watch tv.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think Dean can get by with two chairs.  I don't think the other one is specifically for anyone.  Just whoever wants to watch tv with him

I think the other chair is for Cas.  We know that they watched Tombstone together. 

Given Sam's attitude towards Dean lately, and his disdain for the Dean cave, I don't see him spending much time there.

Mary can barely stand to be in the same room as her boys.

As for Jack, he's too busy being a precious cinnamon roll to want to stop and watch tv.

I think he primarily had Sam in mind when he purchased the second chair, whether Sam ends up using it a lot is another thing of course. To me buying a second chair for Sam makes sense since Sam is the only one who lives in the bunker with him full time. Im a Cas fan, as everyone well knows by now, but even to me buying a second chair for Cas, but not buying a chair for the other guy who lives there full time just sounds weird. Plus it was Sam he was eagerly showing the room to in the clip.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I think he primarily had Sam in mind when he purchased the second chair, whether Sam ends up using it a lot is another thing of course. To me buying a second chair for Sam makes sense since Sam is the only one who lives in the bunker with him full time. Im a Cas fan, as everyone well knows by now, but even to me buying a second chair for Cas, but not buying a chair for the other guy who lives there full time just sounds weird. Plus it was Sam he was eagerly showing the room to in the clip.

It probably is primarily for Sam but I don't think its only for Sam.  So if Cas wanted to watch a movie with Dean, I don;t think Dean would make him sit on the floor.

Based on the dynamics lately, I really dont' see Sam using it that much.  I can't see him watching Frozen.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It probably is primarily for Sam but I don't think its only for Sam.  So if Cas wanted to watch a movie with Dean.

Based on the dynamics lately, I really dont' see Sam using it that much.  I can't see him watching Frozen.

Yeah I’d agree with that :) . 

IMO I imagine Dean bought the chair for whoever was with him at the time (with the exceptation that would be mostly Sam since he’s the one who lives there with him full time). I couldn’t imagine him being like “Cas/mum/jack/whoever else don’t sit there that’s Sam’s chair” when it is just the two of them. If it were a group setting then I’d imagine Dean would expect it to be he and Sam get the chairs and the others can choose whether to sit on the floor or grab a chair from the kitchen. And to be clear I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Dean buying two chairs to account for the two people living there is no different than a family of four or five buying a three seater and a single sofa or two to cover the family. 

Edited by Wayward Son

I think Dean just bought two chairs because he was offered two chairs. Why would he only put one in there if there is a matching set? It's not symmetrical. He got two chairs so that he can watch movies and Netflix with whomever wishes to watch with him, which is likely not Sam and is likely Cas since Dean made him watch Tombstone with him. Dean and Sam don't seem to watch things together or the last time they were show on screen watching something together was with Charlie and Dean and Sam and Sam mocked Dean by saying "I read books without pictures" or something like that. 

As to Dean not seeming like Dean, some folks seem to be jumping to conclusions about my menaing. It's not because Dean was excited nor because he was nesting as I have often  commented here about Dean's nesting and how much I like it. 

For me, he seems off  because he called it the Deancave or the Fortress of Deanitude."I'm not sure, I'm still working on that".  He put in a bar and game machine. I would think game machines are unlikely for Dean at this point. I don't know it's weird and I can't quite pinpoint it but he's different.

I don't buy those as words that would come out of his mouth.   I legitimately can't remember another time when Dean named something after himself.  That was really weird to me. 

It's HOW he was, his manner, his tone. I felt that way at the end of the previous ep with his "I have faith" and his strange smile.  There is something in the way he was talking to Cas about "we needed you back".  There is an unusual "lightness" to Dean in those moments that don't seem like to be Dean lightness. It's borderline...quirky and Dean isn't quirky.  Charlie was quirky though.  I'm sure I'm wrong, and it's just poor writing or maybe it's Dean putting on his bravado to an extreme right now for Sam's sake.  I'm not sure. But ti's not typical IMO. Something's off. I stand by that assessment. We'll see. YMMV.

@catrox14 I think it's just writers who don't really know (or give a shit) about Dean, writing to the barest bones of whatever character beats Dabb throws at them. Don't know who wrote this one, but even if it's Berens or the Duo, they are just about as bad these days.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

@catrox14 I think it's just writers who don't really know (or give a shit) about Dean, writing to the barest bones of whatever character beats Dabb throws at them. Don't know who wrote this one, but even if it's Berens or the Duo, they are just about as bad these days.

True enough. I was thinking it was the Scooby writers but maybe it's not.  But yeah, Berens and the Duo are pretty bad with Dean. 

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

True enough. I was thinking it was the Scooby writers but maybe it's not.  But yeah, Berens and the Duo are pretty bad with Dean. 

Apparently the Scooby writers only wrote the Scooby parts. SPN (not sure which) wrote the live action.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Diane said:

Google says that is a quote from this book

Khaled Housseini, And the Mountains Echoed

Here are some other quotes from that book

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/21933087-and-the-mountains-echoed

Here is a review of the book. I wonder how much impact this book has on the season or if it's just a quote that Dabb likes.

https://www.npr.org/2013/05/23/184189527/heartbreaking-choice-sets-siblings-on-separate-unequal-paths

It's a devastatingly simple story, but it captures the essence of the complex moral equations that Hosseini spends the rest of the novel teasing out. To what lengths should parents go to protect their children from a life of suffering? Is being torn from one's family a better fate than grinding poverty? What acts of mercy do the fortunate owe the less so?

The father who tells the tale of the giant is about to give up one of his own children, a boy and girl who have been inseparable since the death of their mother.

• Love 1