Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

Where is Sam and Jared? Why is there only a pic and a tag of Jensen in that tweet? Aren’t they both supposed to be leads? 

Did you watch the sneak peek? Sam is featured as much as Dean and Donna.  Also, this is Spoiler TV posting the pic of Dean, not the official CW_SPN or CW Twitter accounts, which is the issue folks had previously, not with random spoiler sites and how they post things. 

43 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Did you watch the sneak peek? Sam is featured as much as Dean and Donna.  Also, this is Spoiler TV posting the pic of Dean, not the official CW_SPN or CW Twitter accounts, which is the issue folks had previously, not with random spoiler sites and how they post things. 

It doesn’t matter the source. They’re both leads and should be featured equally on media publications related to the show. I guess we now know who Dabb and the other PTB is telling people to promote the most. 

Edited by Wayward Son
16 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

It doesn’t matter the source. They’re both leads and should be featured equally on media publications related to the show. I guess we now know who Dabb and the other PTB is telling people to promote the most. 

I'd check the ratios before making a statement like that.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Did you see the promo pics released last week from Ksite?  Those had Sam's pic first.  Whereas TV Addict had Donna's pic with Dean trailing her first. I don't see that Spoiler TV posted promo pics for 13.11 until today. Unless the CW is telling each different spoiler site how to post those images I think it's all up to the spoiler sites themselves which means they are each posting something a bit different as a lead photo. Maybe the CW is asking them to post different lead photos which would be an interesting strategy. I'm not sure that's the case though. I think spoiler sites do what they want for the most part.

http://www.ksitetv.com/category/supernatural/

Spoiler TV has this inside look from the producers on their page. Is that cover pic from the CW or Spoiler TV? I'm betting it's Spoiler TV.

https://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/Supernatural

6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Posting this here because there is a maybe-spoiler from Danneel. Interviewer jokes about Jared saying he would like to stab Danneel's character (Sister Jo). She replies (reluctantly) that Sister Jo maaay have the upper hand.  Hmmm. The question is at 3:40

http://kxan.com/2018/01/25/danneel-and-jensen-ackles-talk-family-beer-and-the-supernatural/

If she has the upper hand it won't be for long

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Diane said:

We have known since the announcement that she is recurring.

LOL. WE obviously doesn't include ME, since I didn't remember that. If I had I wouldn't have made the comment that I made.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

LOL. WE obviously doesn't include ME, since I didn't remember that. If I had I wouldn't have made the comment that I made.

I didn't mean this in a sarcastic way, sorry if it came off that way. 

Thanks for the link for that interview.  I think all we can officially get from that slip (and I think it WAS a slip ... Jared saying he wanted to stab her was a Ruby call back, Daneel answered as if it was a story-line spoiler from Jared) is that Sister Jo is powerful.  I'd say it's better than 50/50 odds that she's not on Team Winchester or she would have been more surprised by Jared's comment (again, presuming she missed that he was quoting Jared about Ruby payback, not an actual spoiler).  So... I think it's a legit spoiler and Jensen is like "shit, stop talking!" but she didn't get the message ... several days of beer may not have helped.

Rest of my comments in Social Media thread. 

I'm just here to say that I totally called Dean being "in love" with that witch. I could tell just from Jensen's body language with that actress in the BTS snippet upthread. It also scares me that I could figure it out. LOL

11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm just here to say that I totally called Dean being "in love" with that witch. I could tell just from Jensen's body language with that actress in the BTS snippet upthread. It also scares me that I could figure it out. LOL

Well, at least he's under a love spell when he gives her the book, and wasn't just taken advantage of after a night of drinking and debauchery.  I wasn't looking forward to that being the case.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Well, at least he's under a love spell when he gives her the book, and wasn't just taken advantage of after a night of drinking and debauchery.  I wasn't looking forward to that being the case.

True. Although, one of the boy being ruffied AGAIN doesn't thrill me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

True. Although, one of the boy being ruffied AGAIN doesn't thrill me.

I guess I'll wait to see just how the spell is cast before I get too upset.  Funny, but the "I'm in love" line took me instantly to Season Seven, Time For a Wedding.  It looks like it will be played for humor, at least some of it, so I'm hoping for something entertaining.

4 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I guess I'll wait to see just how the spell is cast before I get too upset.  Funny, but the "I'm in love" line took me instantly to Season Seven, Time For a Wedding.  It looks like it will be played for humor, at least some of it, so I'm hoping for something entertaining.

I loathe Time for a Wedding so very much other than Guy the demon. I just don't find "love potion" stories funny. I mean I wouldn't be laughing if it was a woman being ruffied. So I can't laugh when it's a man either.So whilst I'm sure Jensen will be great in it, I'm not cool with the whole premise. It creeps me out

• Love 3
Just now, MysteryGuest said:

It's not one of my favorite episodes, but that line reminded me of it.  I don't see this episode playing out quite the same.  Isn't this the episode where Rowena comes back?  I am looking forward to that.  

I'm willing to bet Rowena sics the witches on Dean to make him give up the Grimoire. I just wish it wasn't a love spell making Dean give it up. I suppose it could be worse and it could Rowena making Dean fall in love with her LOL. So I suppose I should be grateful if that doesn't happen.

• Love 2

Not gonna lie, that promo made smile. If they can resist the slapstick and their penchant for making Dean play the fool, I might just enjoy this one.

"Be nice. 'Cause she's got a sister!" Heheh.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm willing to bet Rowena sics the witches on Dean to make him give up the Grimoire. I just wish it wasn't a love spell making Dean give it up. I suppose it could be worse and it could Rowena making Dean fall in love with her LOL. So I suppose I should be grateful if that doesn't happen.

Didn't it say somewhere that Rowena was their 'powerful' ally in the this one? I guess that doesn't preclude her also being the one that sets them up though.

• Love 2

If they can resist the slapstick and their penchant for making Dean play the fool, I might just enjoy this one.

Agreed. That`s what it hinges on.

From the promo pics, they seem to play the "help me, I`m hurt" gambit and use that to slip the pouch in his jacket pocket? I do hope the concept is a set-up for him to outsmart them later (with magical help from Rowena).

Writer is Yockey, right? So, I`m tentatively not entirely unhopeful. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

From the promo pics, they seem to play the "help me, I`m hurt" gambit and use that to slip the pouch in his jacket pocket?

I wouldn't blame Dean for falling for that one. It's a tough one to resist. It's like the naked woman running to the road trick. How do you not stop to help her? And then wham!

Off topic slightly: "Thor: Ragnarok" has semi-ruined this for me... I can't see a comment about a "help me!" gambit not smile thinking of Thor and Loki's "Get help!" trick.

• Love 4

Yeah, I`m fine with this for the most part. It`s better than tricking him in a bar. Going over to help when someone supposedly is prone on the ground would be the decent thing to do.

Off topic slightly: "Thor: Ragnarok" has semi-ruined this for me... I can't see a comment about a "help me!" gambit not smile thinking of Thor and Loki's "Get help!" trick.

Hee. Yes, that was awesome. 

• Love 1

Sounds a little like Regarding Dean last year.  A witch does a spell that screws with Deans personality.  That was a great episode.  I hope this one is similar. There have been no real funny meta episodes yet this year.  I hope the writers can still do it.

Ruth's facebook live.

Some small spoilers

We see Rowena's reaction to losing Fergus/Crowley

She saw Jensen doing some funny stuff on set.

From the sounds of it the majority of her scenes are with Sam.

She's excited about the last shot of the episode.  She called it unique.

• Love 1

REALLY looking forward to Rowena's return.  I was glad she got to express her dismay at the way Rowena was killed off but that she knew her character was coming back.  I think we all suspected that was the case, and I very glad Dabb & company told her.  I saw her at Comic Con and she looked a little fragile (could have been a long-night the night before so I'm not sure how much to read into it).  Now that she's returned, I think it opens up more visits.  Which is a good thing IMO.  Clearly she doesn't die in this episode as there's no "vibe" here that suggests that is happening.  

• Love 2

Rowena is one of the very few tv characters I've ever changed my mind about. I disliked her so much in the beginning - not because she was hell-bent on eliminating the Winchesters, but just because I found her more of a caricature than a character. I was quite thrilled when Luci snapped her neck and would've been just as happy had she stayed dead. But she came back, and she's really grown on me. I'm okay with frenemy status for her, ie, not actively seeking to kill Dean or Sam, and willing to help them when it also benefits her. Kind of a witch version of Bela.  Hopefully I still feel the same way after this episode!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Rowena is one of the very few tv characters I've ever changed my mind about. I disliked her so much in the beginning - not because she was hell-bent on eliminating the Winchesters, but just because I found her more of a caricature than a character. I was quite thrilled when Luci snapped her neck and would've been just as happy had she stayed dead. But she came back, and she's really grown on me. I'm okay with frenemy status for her, ie, not actively seeking to kill Dean or Sam, and willing to help them when it also benefits her. Kind of a witch version of Bela.  Hopefully I still feel the same way after this episode!

Ruth implied she's not going to turn into a "good" person but that her death at the hands of Lucifer, twice, has changed her. I definitely think frenemy is in the cards. 

• Love 3

Dont let me down, Yockey. I'm already sideeying this for another ruffled Winchester. I'm hoping Dean won't be a complete idiot nor have sex with anyone whilst under a spell cause that's not consent and not cool and not funny. it wasn't funny when it happened to Sam and its not funny ever.

• Love 3

Producer preview. 

So Dean does get infected because he tries to help someone.

NGL, I know he's ruffied but I coudln't help but laugh when he tackled Sam. 

Jensen's comedy skill are good when I'm laughing with him rather than at him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Dont let me down, Yockey. I'm already sideeying this for another ruffled Winchester. I'm hoping Dean won't be a complete idiot nor have sex with anyone whilst under a spell cause that's not consent and not cool and not funny. it wasn't funny when it happened to Sam and its not funny ever.

5 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

When did we find out Cas would be back this episode? 

Quoting myself. I got that from Berens tweet I posted upthread a bit.

52 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Producer preview. 

So Dean does get infected because he tries to help someone.

NGL, I know he's ruffied but I coudln't help but laugh when he tackled Sam. 

Jensen's comedy skill are good when I'm laughing with him rather than at him.

I'm betting from the previews that Rowena has set this whole thing up and she will wind up in possession of the Book of the Damned by the end.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

I'm betting from the previews that Rowena has set this whole thing up and she will wind up in possession of the Book of the Damned by the end.

That's my speculation as well.

I also don't think Dean's under the roofie spell very long.  Because he seems normal in the scene with Rowena in the car.  This might be along the lines of Out with the Old, where Dean being cursed was over in the first 10 minutes and it went from a random monster of the week to a mytharc ep.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1