Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Since they haven’t exactly tried to hide the fact Cas/Misha will be back. It sounds like this episode won’t even star him let alone be Cas centric

THE LONG WAY HOME – When multiple patients of grief counselor Mia Vallens (guest star Rukiya Bernard) turn up dead, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Jack (Alexander Calvert) investigate the mystery surrounding the murders and, each inadvertently, are forced to deal with unresolved grief of their own. John Badham directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1304). Original airdate 11/2/2017.

• Love 1

From @Aeryn13 in the Lost and Found Thread

but why is an angel trying to blackmail some random human into killing Dean?

I wouldn't mind if this was a running theme throughout the episodes, and kind of pick up a dropped storyline about the demons having a bounty on Dean that was mentioned in Swap Meat.

I always thought a Final Destination type story as punishment for killing death would be cool. 

There is a scene in the promo where we see a car almost run Dean over, and there was that brief clip from ep 6 where we see Jensen filming the stunt of Dean almost getting hit buy the car.   That's would be twice in a few eps. 

I wonder if Dean's death is somehow a part of Cas's resurrection. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4

I`m not sure. The show isn`t subtle so if they wanted this to be set up as a "thing", the scene would have made that clearer IMO.

I wonder if Dean's death is somehow a part of Cas's resurrection. 

While I wouldn`t have a problem with that, it would be pretty random. Then again, Cas` death was insanely random and clunky.

5 minutes ago, goldy said:

Also, I saw on twitter that Samantha Smith is in Vancouver right now, so I'm gussing Marry will be back by episode 8 or 9:

I found it kind of hilarious that a (guest) star of the show, staying in a hotel in the city it's filmed in, while filming it, can't watch the episode on tv. Poor Sam.

• Love 2

“Things start to unfold that take their attention and suddenly they don’t have as much time to reflect or brood or grieve,” Ross-Leming says. “They have to go into action, and who they are as people is revealed in how they act with the soon-to-be-revealed crises.”

Uh-oh. I hope she's talking out her a**.

One of these crises might just be the eventual return of Castiel. After all, the Season 13 premiere saw the Winchesters salting and burning his body, and yet somehow he will still manage to bounce back. “There’s some genuine concern about what could have made this happen, who made it happen, why they made it happen. Can you trust it? Can you trust this version? When I came back, I was soulless,” Padalecki says. “Obviously the major emotion is relief and happiness, but as is the case with all ‘Supernatural,’ the other shoe might drop.”

The return of Godstiel?

(edited)

Little bits I picked up on in psuedo episode order-ish:
- Shot of an absolutely devastated Dean looking down at Cas, another at him looking up at the sky
- Dean comes into the room with Sam and Jack and shoots at Jack (Sam deflects his arm, I don't think it actually hits the kid)
- Jack blows them into the wall with his power
- Jack leaves lake house naked, in the daylight, and it agitates the tear in reality
- The boys go chasing after Jack, leaving the house in a rush in the daylight
- Jack wants to find his "Father".  He has that drive.  And since he's still looking AFTER he either passes poor dead Castiel or AFTER he puts poor dead Castiel on the table in the dining room, I think he means "Lucifer" as his father. Note: I think Jack may be the one to put Cas on the table, or it might be the boys.... but Jack doing it is a nice parallel with Kelly).  
- Jack has an adventure where he finds Castiel-toned sweater and regular clothes, meets some dude who thinks he's high and somehow he and Sam wind up in the cell together
- Sam convinces Jack not to kill him and Dean TRIES to get Sam out of jail (the preview with him talking to the sheriff) but ends up talking to him through the bars
- Meanwhile back at the lake; an angel in a very nice looking striped suit walks past Cas' dead body.  We know its an angel because we later see that angel and another break open the doors to the cell that Sam and Jack are in
- Somehow Dean runs into a separate angel (who looks like the Jodie Miller stunt double BTW) and they get into a fight
- Back in the cell, the angels show up, take off the door and try to kill Jack. Sam angel-be-gones them but Jack gets stabbed with an angel blade and pulls it out -- thus proving he's not easily killed (note: this may be because of the archangel bit because the S8 nephilim died by angel blade). 
- Sam and Dean have a bromoment at the Impala post fight and they decide to keep the puppy (er... Jack).  
- Sam, Dean and Jack burn Cas' body back at the Lake House... we know this is towards the end because it's all three of them

QC check on my predictions:

- they didn't show him agitating the tear in reality.  That'll be a flashback then.  

- I'm guessing the boys put Cas on the table now because they used the same sheet for Kelly.  So I was completely wrong on the 'who moved Cas'  predict along with not realizing Jack was looking for Cas.  

-Had no clue about them spending time inside the Pirate Booty fast food place nor connection with Sheriff

Pleasantly surprised: Sam was more scared and wary of Jack than expected by me.  Dean was still 'kill the dude' but he was reasonable about it versus operating on emotion.  

I totally did not see that nightmare coming. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3
On 10/12/2017 at 2:44 PM, Jakes said:

Maybe you are right but I thought he very briefly did not remember Hell until he got some flashes which broke thru his very short repression...then he lied.  That was my take on it at least.

IMO, Dean did not remember Hell in any detail--just the flashes and the screams--until near the end of "Yellow Fever," when he hallucinates talking with little-girl Lilith and she tells him that he knows why he got sick, what he did in Hell.  I believe that it all came back at that point but not before.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

IMO, Dean did not remember Hell in any detail--just the flashes and the screams--until near the end of "Yellow Fever," when he hallucinates talking with little-girl Lilith and she tells him that he knows why he got sick, what he did in Hell.  I believe that it all came back at that point but not before.

moving to all seasons

I’m not sure where else to put this, but Cas coming back is a spoiler. People avoiding spoilers don’t know yes coming back. Please stop referencing it in the episode threads. Luckily, he’s coming back in episode 3 (I think) so this is a short-term request. Thank you. 

• Love 2
(edited)

From EW (who appears to be posting things DAILY): http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/16/supernatural-misha-collins-castiel-lucifer/

So far, we know that Supernatural fans will first see Castiel in episode 3. And we know that he’ll be reunited with the Winchesters (and Jack) by episode 6. But that won’t be the only reunion awaiting Castiel in season 13.

“There’s some stuff where he’s interacting with Lucifer quite a bit,” co-showrunner Robert Singer tells EW. Whether that means Castiel is in the apocalypse world or something else altogether, the angel is going to come face-to-face with the man who (most recently) killed him. “When we find Cas and Lucifer together, he says, ‘I’m a little on edge because the last time we were together you killed me,'” Collins teases.

But once the two get past their differences — to put it lightly — the interaction will serve a crucial purpose in terms of story. In this case, it’s what Collins says is “literally a deal with the devil.” According to Collins, the two are going to work together toward a common goal. “It’s Jack-related stuff,” Collins adds.

Sounds like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".  We know AU Michael is the big-bad in the back half of the season.  There may be some reason Cas feels he rather have the "devil he knows".  It seems to me, however, that if they are in the AU, there would be no dealing -- Cas would just stay there and protect our universe.  Seems like there must be a serious motivation to get this deal.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

What confusing me about this whole deal with the devil thing is when and how does Cas make it.   Lucifer is in the AU.   Does this mean he and Mary get out at mid-season?

But then we have the Scooby Doo episode, which is episode 16.   It makes most sense that it going to be an AU episode.

But if Lucifer and Mary out then why would Sam and Dean still be poking around in AU worlds?

11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

What confusing me about this whole deal with the devil thing is when and how does Cas make it.   Lucifer is in the AU.   Does this mean he and Mary get out at mid-season?

I'm assuming the two universes meet up at mid-season. We know Alternate Michael makes it to our universe because they've already teased him as being the big bad in the second half, so it makes sense Lucifer and/or Mary get out at that point too. I keep thinking the Spawn will ultimately be shipped off to "fix" the Alternate, so maybe this deal between Lucifer and Cass gets that done?

14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

But then we have the Scooby Doo episode, which is episode 16.   It makes most sense that it going to be an AU episode.

But if Lucifer and Mary out then why would Sam and Dean still be poking around in AU worlds?

I'm not sure it needs to be and AU episode, but if it is, it wouldn't be the same AU as the Alternate...okay, that does make sense inside my head. ;)

It could just be like how the did the French Mistake, they get transported to an animated AU through no poking of their own.

They pretty much literally repeat the same story for Cas from Season 11 again? A deal with Lucifer? Jack is said to be more powerful than Lucy and Lucifer previously oversold his own power against Amara so this is so random, What heretofore unseen plotonium can Lucifer even bring to the table that makes a deal with him worthwhile? And is Cas really that insta-bonded to Jack that he runs to Lucifer for help? Goodness gracious. 

I mean, at least Cas isn`t "low, depressed and immobile" so he is doing something and moving the plot forward but that sounds stupid in its own right. 

18 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Dean's hand is bruised.

I wonder if this was taken around the time he was punching that sign? I know it's effects and all, but damn some of that looked real.

ETA: I know I'm gonna feel dumb here, but where is Jack in that picture?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if this was taken around the time he was punching that sign? I know it's effects and all, but damn some of that looked real.

ETA: I know I'm gonna feel dumb here, but where is Jack in that picture?

Someone was telling me that it was taken during the time of episode 7.  So even if Jensen really bruised his hand, it should have been healed by then

ETA: I am irrationally annoyed that Lucifer is sitting on Baby. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. GRRRR

Just now, ILoveReading said:

Someone was telling me that it was taken during the time of episode 7.  So even if Jensen really bruised his hand, it should have been healed by then

Just now, ILoveReading said:

Maybe it's a flashback scene so they duplicated the injury?

8 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I googled shemagh and it looks to be the head scarf Bobby wore in finale

That's like the least surprising casting news ever LOL. I just don't want any version of Bobby back for an extended arc. I'm as over Bobby as I am Lucifer.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That's like the least surprising casting news ever LOL. I just don't want any version of Bobby back for an extended arc. I'm as over Bobby as I am Lucifer.

I lOVED Bobby from s1-7 and I still consider Death’s Door my favourite post Kripke era episode, but I have to agree with you on this. I’m totally over the random fan service cameos and wish they’d just let the character be when he died in season 7. However, he’s made it seasons 1-12 without missing a season so I’m sure they’re determined not to break it now. 

53 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I lOVED Bobby from s1-7 and I still consider Death’s Door my favourite post Kripke era episode, but I have to agree with you on this. I’m totally over the random fan service cameos and wish they’d just let the character be when he died in season 7. However, he’s made it seasons 1-12 without missing a season so I’m sure they’re determined not to break it now. 

I think if he has a one or two episode appearance that's fine with me. But I think they may be tempted to bring Alt Bobby into the SPN world once they find a way to open a portal (hello BMOL) for several episodes.

Sam better have scavenged those hard drives before blowing up the place.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I would rather have Bobby for two more seasons than Lucifer for two more episodes.  :)

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I would rather have Bobby for two more seasons than Lucifer for two more episodes.  :)

I want neither LOL. Give me more TFW, Benny, and Donna with or without Jody, two episdoes with John so Dean can read him the riot act, a resurrected Mannah (I liked him!), Rowena and some Crowley and Jesse.

• Love 3

I hope we get to see AU Ellen, Jo, Rufus showing up. I'm curious if we could potentially see Ellen's husband alive, or even Rufus' family. 

With how things are playing out, I wonder if Mary is stuck in the AU for longer than mid-season. 

I'm wondering how they are filming the AU. The J's might get so much time off with the WS backdoor pilots filming, and material for the AU filming too. They might not be needed on set for 2 weeks or more.

13 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

I hope we get to see AU Ellen, Jo, Rufus showing up. I'm curious if we could potentially see Ellen's husband alive, or even Rufus' family. 

With how things are playing out, I wonder if Mary is stuck in the AU for longer than mid-season. 

I'm wondering how they are filming the AU. The J's might get so much time off with the WS backdoor pilots filming, and material for the AU filming too. They might not be needed on set for 2 weeks or more.

I’d hope to see AU Ellen and Rufus! Getting to meet Bill for the first time would be pretty awesome too :D

• Love 2
Just now, Wayward Son said:

I’d hope to see AU Ellen and Rufus! Getting to meet Bill for the first time would be pretty awesome too :D

I really hope so, really love those characters. They died way too soon. It would be cool to meet him, just so fans can have a face to his character. 

I wonder if they could bring back Meg, as in the original Meg. Since they can't get Rachel back. Unless Meg is in a wheelchair in this AU world. 

12 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

I wonder if they could bring back Meg, as in the original Meg. Since they can't get Rachel back. Unless Meg is in a wheelchair in this AU world. 

That’s an interesting possibility! I’m fairly certain I read somewhere they decided to kill off Meg because they didn’t want to recast her out of respect for Rachel. However, would they consider the return of the original, in a setting where she’d fit better, breaking that? I’m not too sure. It’s a possibility :)

Just now, Wayward Son said:

That’s an interesting possibility! I’m fairly certain I read somewhere they decided to kill off Meg because they didn’t want to recast her out of respect for Rachel. However, would they consider the return of the original, in a setting where she’d fit better, breaking that? I’m not too sure. It’s a possibility :)

Oh I'm pleased to hear they decided not to recast her out of respect - didn't know that. But this setting fits the original Meg so much better. Guess it is possible. If they ever wanted to bring back Meg, as in using the original this is the best time. 

I also forgot about Rowena, although I am still angry that she got killed off horribly in the real world and the actress wasn't even in her death episode. I hope she does pop up again too.

• Love 2

Ugh. UGHUGHUGH.  The EW article says: 

“One of my favorite story arcs for Sam was that feeling of being different or doomed,” he says. “I wrote the writers [this year] to say how excited I was that that undercurrent is back. I always dug that; I dug exploring that part of Sam.”

Sorry, Jared, but you "explored that part of Sam" for 5 years?  8?  (Since it was brought up again during the Trials.)  Isn't it time Sam moved on?  Hasn't he grown up enough to accept himself/trust that Dean accepts him by now?  How many times has he stated that he's comfortable with who he is/has atoned?  So he can sympathize with Jack and understand what he's going through.  But if they have him complaining about it for himself (again)?  No. Nonononono.    

ETA:  Last part of my post was way too bitter, so I'm moving it to the spoiler bitterness thread.  I think this part is acceptable here?

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2

I'm actually pretty excited for that. I love character-driven stories. But, I do hope it goes beyond him worrying about what Dean thinks of him because of it. Maybe he'll get to show emotions. It's been a while. 

• Love 5

Also not a fan of it. Because Dean being pessimistic about Jack on account of "when have things ever gone right for us?" is its own thing. Even if Sam never had the demon blood thing and everything that came from it, Dean and other hunters could legitimately think the Spawn of Lucifer will turn out badly in the end. So I really, really don`t want all that "do you think that about me, too?"      

I know Michael is said to be kinda the villain of the second half of the Season and he won`t be interested in Dean "at first" as Dabb says. Probably never. But I would love it if the AU simply had different rules for angel possession (or those angels said "fuck it, we rule now") and he learns who Dean was supposed to be in our world and simply possesses him. For a 6-8 episode arc. That would be my dream scenario.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 4

Didn't I call that like months ago when Jared talked about his excitement of bringing back a SL for Sam and other than Lucifer vessel that is the only one he has ever talked about. Jared is so easy to read.LOL

• Love 2
Just now, Aeryn13 said:

Also not a fan of it. Because Dean being pessimistic about Jack on account of "when have things ever gone right for us?" is its own thing. Even if Sam never had the demon blood thing and everything that came from it, Dean and other hunters could legitimately think the Spawn of Lucifer will turn out badly in the end. So I really, really don`t want all that "do you think that about me, too?"      

I think this Dabb pulling from S2 and S4 SL. I hope Dean just says" you know what man, I've stuck by you over and over and you're still not able to see that I see the difference between Jack and you? I'm not doing  this anymore". And he just takes off .

• Love 3

I hope Dean just says" you know what man, I've stuck by you over and over and you're still not able to see that I see the difference between Jack and you? I'm not doing  this anymore". And he just takes off .

I want him to ask:  "What has me thinking the son of Lucifer is dangerous got to do with you?" Because that should be the end of that discussion.  

• Love 4

Isn't that Donatello the prophet?  If so, huh? Thought Amara smote him? And if so, ummm, Sam? Remember the last time a prophet* warned you off doing something**? How'd that work out for you?

*okay, so Chuck turned out to be God, still....

**drinking demon blood to defeat Lilith

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:
Isn't that Donatello the prophet?  If so, huh? Thought Amara smote him? And if so, ummm, Sam? Remember the last time a prophet* warned you off doing something**? How'd that work out for you?

*okay, so Chuck turned out to be God, still....

**drinking demon blood to defeat Lilith

I had to go rewatch that bit to be sure, because I thought Donatello died also.  Amara sucked out his soul.  Then it wasn't actually shown what happened to him - and since others managed to 'live' without their souls, I guess he could have also.  

Does this mean that he got his soul back?  Did Amara release all the souls she ate when her and Chuck made up?  Is Len okay too?

As for the listening to a prophet thing - yeah, definitely.  But of course he won't.  And Jack will hurt someone.  And...if I say anything else, it will need to go in the Bitter Spoilers thread.

• Love 1

Since they are harping so much on "things will go dire with Jack" in the trailer, it stands to reason they won`t in the episode. Even Jack is pessimistic about himself so of course he will be proven wrong. 

I mean, granted, he probably will hurt somebody but not too bad and not due to his own fault or maybe something good will come from it. This introduces Asmodeus, doesn`t it? He will do what the angels did and go after Jack who will be forced to defend himself. 

They want to drag this out so at this point Sam will be proven right about Jack`s potential for goodness. Down the line, something will have to happen with the character, he is way too overpowered to be kept around all the time so leaving, de-powering or losing it and being dealt with are all options. But not before the half-way point of the Season. 

If Cas makes deals with the Devil for him, obviously he is still goodly-good at that point. 

• Love 2

Supernatural - Episode 13.11 is now called "Various & Sundry Villains"

Supernatural - Episode 13.12 is now called "Breakdown"

Supernatural - Episode 13.13 - Devil's Bargain

Supernatural - Episode 13.14 - Only the Best Intentions