Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Is there a list written down or this is your speculation? Sorry I'm just a little confused.

At Jess' Tumblr page she lists each guest star by name, character, and episode (as she knows it). This is not new.  The iTunes preview specifically talks about their recurring guests and then goes on to feature several.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, SueB said:

At Jess' Tumblr page she lists each guest star by name, character, and episode (as she knows it). This is not new.  The iTunes preview specifically talks about their recurring guests and then goes on to feature several.  

Okay. I'm sorry. I just didn't know exactly what you meant. I don't frequent that spoiler page regularly. As to the preview I thought you were saying they were naming names, so I thought maybe there was something I missed with actual names since. Sorry to bother you. 

Well they did name names in the preview.  I can't remember them all but 1) new Michael, 2) Asmodeus, 3) Jodie, 4) Missouri, 5) Patience, 6) Donatello.  Then they showed all the Wayward Sisters which adds Donna, Alex, and Claire.  Those are (of course) their character names. Jack is a regular so he doesn't count as a guest. Mary is recurring (technically still a guest) and Lucifer is either regular or recurring.  

Those are the ones I remember in the iTunes. 

In addition they mention at least two CW -size guests in Jess' page (which are probably more than day-payer paid) plus there are  more names in the guest list but people like the sheriff and tattoo artists, not named characters.  So those ones are Day-player paid.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

I guess I'll wait until the end of the season to see how many episodes she's in altogether, but I'm a little confused as to why sam smith isn't getting regular status. 

I have to admit, it bothers me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bessie said:

I guess I'll wait until the end of the season to see how many episodes she's in altogether, but I'm a little confused as to why sam smith isn't getting regular status. 

It bothers me on behalf of the actress, but I gotta say, I hope it's because Dean is (eventually) right and Mary is dead sooner rather than later. #sorrynotsorry 

ETA there may be reasons for it though. Jim Beaver was never 'regular' and I've read that it was to keep him available for other work. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bessie said:

Recurring status just means you're on contract for a certain number of episodes. For an actor the benefit is the show has to pay you no matter if they use you or not, but you also must make yourself available whenever the show calls and could mean you have to turn down other work and/or adjust your personal life to accommodate. Most actors love these kinds of deals because it's a guaranteed pay check, but some don't like the restrictions. 

On the show's side, they usually do this when they have a plan for a character and/or just don't want to lose the actor. Given the show's format, they can't really afford to put everyone on contract like this because they still have to pay them even if they end up not using them. I understand why they did it with Mark Pelligrino--he's a busy actor and they probably needed to lock him in if they wanted to keep him. Maybe the reason Calvert was offered regular status was that he had another offer and they were at risk of losing him before they finished his storyline? I know that happened to them with Sterling/Gordon back in the day. 

Anyway, this is a long way to say, it would bother me if I knew they didn't offer Samantha regular status simply because she wasn't one of the "guys" or if it was a slight to the actress, but I really don't know enough details here. I know she's mentioned she has a young son, so it could be she prefers having more flexibility to say no when they call?

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

ETA there may be reasons for it though. Jim Beaver was never 'regular' and I've read that it was to keep him available for other work. 

Not to mention he was single-parent to a teenage daughter at the time.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Jessica from tree topper has an intriguing new spoiler for episode7:

Misha and Mark P(as of course Cas and Lucifer) filmed a scene together at Heaven's portal where they both are not allowed to go into Heaven.   She's not sure if that means Lucifer is in our universe or not--she does say Mark and Samantha SEEM to have not filmed since episode 2.  So did they get out?  Or just Lucifer?  Why are he and Cas trying to get into Heaven.  Just a guess--maybe the angels took Jack.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1

EP 7 is 'War of the Worlds' followed "The Scorpion and the Frog" 

Maybe they are fighting each other for Spawn and they end up at Heaven's Door trying to get to Spawn first. I can see that rather than them allying at all. Or if they do ally then we get to Scorpion and the Frog scenario with one betraying the other. I just can't fathom why Cas would trust Lucifer in the least no matter what though. But sometimes they turn Cas into a numbnut.

Episode 13.01 – “Lost and Found”

Episode 13.02 – “The Rising Sun”

Episode 13.03 – “Patience”

Episode 13.04 – “The Big Empty”

Episode 13.05 – “Advanced Thanatology”

Episode 13.06 – “Tombstone”

Episode 13.07 – “War of the Worlds”

Episode 13.08 – “The Scorpion and the Frog”

Episode 13.09 – “The Bad Place”

Episode 13.10 – “Wayward Sisters”

Episode 13.16 – “ScoobyNatural”

1 hour ago, Jakes said:

Misha and Mark P(as of course Cas and Lucifer) filmed a scene together at Heaven's portal where they both are not allowed to go into Heaven. 

I wonder who is keeping Lucifer - the last archangel, right? - out of heaven.  Or how they are.  Last time, he pretty much just barged in, didn't he?

Seems like Yockey is saying he's written at least 3 SPN episodes this season, assuming he is referring to SPN since I don't think he's writing for another show currently, unless there is something I've missed.

I loved both of his episodes last season.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Seems like Yockey is saying he's written at least 3 SPN episodes this season, assuming he is referring to SPN since I don't think he's writing for another show currently, unless there is something I've missed.

I loved both of his episodes last season.

Maybe he meant 3 of all the episodes he's written, not just this season?

5 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I wonder who is keeping Lucifer - the last archangel, right? - out of heaven.  Or how they are.  Last time, he pretty much just barged in, didn't he?

I think this is probably more for All Episodes discussion, but I don't know how to do it there because it's a spoiler, and even my question would be spoilerish. So...  I really wonder if, at the end of S11, they intended for Lucifer to be back as a 'big bad' in S12. Because for me, it didn't make sense that Chuck just popped off and left him roaming around as a wavelength of celestial mal-intent. IMO, we were meant to think he was done and gone when Amara ripped him out of Castiel, then along came Dabb...

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe he meant 3 of all the episodes he's written, not just this season?

Awww, boo! I didn't think of it that way. Poop. You're probably right :(. I'll still hold out hope he wrote 3 this season LOL I just checked IMDB

And he's written 4 in total thus far on IMDB.. so yeah you're right. Poo.

Edited by catrox14
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think this is probably more for All Episodes discussion, but I don't know how to do it there because it's a spoiler, and even my question would be spoilerish. So...  I really wonder if, at the end of S11, they intended for Lucifer to be back as a 'big bad' in S12. Because for me, it didn't make sense that Chuck just popped off and left him roaming around as a wavelength of celestial mal-intent. IMO, we were meant to think he was done and gone when Amara ripped him out of Castiel, then along came Dabb...

Maybe Amara blasted him into the AU and maybe he came back through at the beginning of s12 for reasons OR it's AU Lucifer that somehow came through a rift on their side and that's who was prowling around vs Lucifer 1.0  which would explain his completely different characterization of being whiny and bitchy.  Hmmm ...

It seems like Kaia is a linchpin for potentially the AE and the "hellmouth" thing.  Works for me.  You need a little something-something for the hellmouth.  So Claire has her fancy blade. Kaia walks dimensions, Patience has visions, and Alex patches them up.  Works for me.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 6

Kaia walks between worlds — a rare and terrifying power she experiences only as a curse… a power she doesn’t understand and can’t yet control.

Sounds kinda like Magda in 12.04. And of course Sam. That could be interesting.

• Love 2

From SpoilerTV:

“Lost and Found” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

THEY’RE BAAACKK… — Season 13 begins exactly where we left off, with Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) left to pick up the pieces after the loss of their mother, the demise of Crowley (Mark Sheppard) and the heartbreaking death of Castiel (Misha Collins). The birth of Jack (Alexander Calvert) leaves the Winchester brothers with differing opinions on how to deal with a Nephilim. After being dragged into the breach, Mary (Samantha Smith) must learn to survive Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) and an apocalyptic world. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1301). Original Airdate 10/12/2017.

From Ksite:

Rising Son1 S13E021 Supernatural696 supernatural spoilers421

“The Rising Son” is the title of the second episode of Supernatural Season 13 and it will air on October 19. The CW has released a description with new spoilers which you can find below. Enjoy!

WHAT EVIL THIS WAY COMES… — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) begin to explore what Jack (Alexander Calvert) is capable of doing with his powers. An unexpected visit from Donatello (guest star Keith Szarbajka) alerts the boys to the fact that Jack will need more protection than the Winchesters can provide. There is a new Prince of Hell in town, Asmodeus (guest star Jeffrey Vincent Parise), and with Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) out of the picture, he sets his sights set on Jack. The episode was directed by Thomas J. Wright and written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1302). Original airdate 10/19/2017.

I don't recall seeing the first episode description but since the second one is out, I went and got it.

Thoughts: 
Lost and Found - what we expected
What Evil This Way Comes - So Donatello is connected Jack, the boys, Asmodeus, or just whenever God thinks it's a good idea?  I'll be interested to see if they answer that question.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SueB said:

It seems like Kaia is a linchpin for potentially the AE and the "hellmouth" thing.  Works for me.  You need a little something-something for the hellmouth.  So Claire has her fancy blade. Kaia walks dimensions, Patience has visions, and Alex patches them up.  Works for me.

I was always disappointed that Dabb didn't explore the fact that Claire had been a vessel for Castiel when he reintroduced her in S10.   Instead of that angry abandoned  teen it would have been interesting to see a Claire that had to deal with that moment in her life. I wonder if that will ever be addressed in WWS.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm starting to think we might not get a Shaving People, Punting Things trailer at all :(.  Come on, guys!

I feel like we got it at TorCon last year, which was the week before the premiere. So maybe this weekend?

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2017/10/03/sandra-oh-greys-anatomy-season-14-cristina-returning/

Question: Will Supernatural‘s Sam and/or Dean have a romantic interest in Season 13? —Elle S.
Ausiello: “I don’t think this is that show, honestly,” executive producer Andrew Dabb tells TVLine. “Neither of them is looking for love, let’s put it that way. Sam has been in love multiple times, and Dean has had his own relationships… There was a time when Sam and Dean, and particularly Sam at one point, thought they could have a normal life and walk away from the fight. I don’t think either of our guys look at it that way anymore. They know they’re going to fight until they can’t fight anymore, either until they win or they die. When you’re committed to that fight, the idea of bringing someone into that and being like, ‘Hey, let’s get married’ [doesn’t compute]. I’m not sure either of our guys is really looking for that at this point in time.”

1 hour ago, Diane said:

http://tvline.com/2017/10/03/sandra-oh-greys-anatomy-season-14-cristina-returning/

Question: Will Supernatural‘s Sam and/or Dean have a romantic interest in Season 13? —Elle S.
Ausiello: “I don’t think this is that show, honestly,” executive producer Andrew Dabb tells TVLine. “Neither of them is looking for love, let’s put it that way. Sam has been in love multiple times, and Dean has had his own relationships… There was a time when Sam and Dean, and particularly Sam at one point, thought they could have a normal life and walk away from the fight. I don’t think either of our guys look at it that way anymore. They know they’re going to fight until they can’t fight anymore, either until they win or they die. When you’re committed to that fight, the idea of bringing someone into that and being like, ‘Hey, let’s get married’ [doesn’t compute]. I’m not sure either of our guys is really looking for that at this point in time.”

Responding in the Bitter Spoiler thread.

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Ausiello: “I don’t think this is that show, honestly,” executive producer Andrew Dabb tells TVLine.

Hey Dabb and I actually agree on something, I'll mark my calendar. ; )

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Sam has been in love multiple times

Jess and the bitchy vet make 2 times which, sure is a multiple but that makes it sound like Sam just goes around falling in love with everyone he has any kind of feels for.

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Dean has had his own relationships…

Okay then, I was under the clearly misguided impression he had been in love previously, not just "in relationships" but okay, my bad.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

Jess and the bitchy vet make 2 times which, sure is a multiple but that makes it sound like Sam just goes around falling in love with everyone he has any kind of feels for.

Well, so many people also include Madison, Sarah and Eileen (all of whom he only knew for a few days at most).  I think it's always made Sam seem kind of shallow to fall in love so quickly, but maybe that's just me.  

41 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

Okay then, I was under the clearly misguided impression he had been in love previously, not just "in relationships" but okay, my bad.

I kind of thought they made it clear that before Lisa, Dean's only "relationship" (that is, lasting more than a few days) was Cassie, and she's the only one he seemed to have enough feelings for (which can be equated with "love," for him, I guess)  to tell her the truth.  I don't know the distinction you're making between being in love and not just "in relationships."  Not being snarky, honestly confused.  

ETA:  I realize the original quotes were from Ausiello, not anyone on this site, so my apologies if I'm confusing issues.

Edited by ahrtee
explanation.
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Well, so many people also include Madison, Sarah and Eileen (all of whom he only knew for a few days at most).  I think it's always made Sam seem kind of shallow to fall in love so quickly, but maybe that's just me.  

That was kind of my point, it makes Sam sound shallow, hence the 'being in love with anyone he has feels for' snark.

16 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't know the distinction you're making between being in love and not just "in relationships."  Not being snarky, honestly confused.  

I was irritated that Dabb made the distinction and was commenting on it. : )

• Love 4

I think there's a difference between having a relationship/friendship or even sex and 'falling in love'.  Falling in love to me means that it trumps pretty much everything.  Although he was certainly interested in Madison, Sarah and Eileen, it was never enough to cause him to make any changes in his life at all.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I think there's a difference between having a relationship/friendship or even sex and 'falling in love'.  Falling in love to me means that it trumps pretty much everything.  Although he was certainly interested in Madison, Sarah and Eileen, it was never enough to cause him to make any changes in his life at all.

He didn't need to make changes for any of those 3 because they all knew what he did and none asked him to give up his life.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

He didn't need to make changes for any of those 3 because they all knew what he did and none asked him to give up his life.

Plus one of them died before the end of the episode. :( 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Plus one of them died before the end of the episode. :( 

All 3 of them died :(. Sam's Peen o Death makes me wonder if he and Eileen had a tete-a-tete that we don't know about it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

All 3 of them died :(. Sam's Peen o Death makes me wonder if he and Eileen had a tete-a-tete that we don't know about it.

All three died *eventually* but only one died before Sam could even think about "making any changes in his life."  :)

It took 8 years? (or actually, more like 10 years in show time, with all the gap years) before Sarah finally kicked it, so Sam's curse must be either very weak or very strong (since I don't think he actually slept with her.)  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Wynne88 said:

taking to All Seasons thread, since we're way past spoilers here.  

• Love 1

Favorite new theory.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I always figured they did.  That hug (for comfort - yeah right!) - and then she was gone the next morning?  Yep.  

• Love 3

SUPERNATURAL Episode 13.02 “The Rising Son” Photos 

http://www.screenspy.com/articles/supernatural-episode-13-02-rising-son-photos/nggallery/image/sn1302a_0001/#gallery

The CW has released new photos from Supernatural’s Oct. 19 installment. Titled “The Rising Son,” and teasing a logline of “What evil this way comes” the CW teases that the episode will see Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) beginning to explore what Jack (Alexander Calvert) is capable of doing with his powers. However, an unexpected visit from Donatello (guest star Keith Szarbajka) alerts the boys to the fact that Jack will need more protection than the Winchesters can provide. Meanwhile, there is a new Prince of Hell in town, Asmodeus (guest star Jeffrey Vincent Parise), and with Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) out of the picture, he sets his sights set on Jack. The episode was directed by Thomas J. Wright and written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner. It airs Thursday, October 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) on the CW.

SN1302a_0001.jpg

SN1302a_0002.jpg

SN1302a_0077b.jpg

SN1302a_0086b.jpg

SN1302a_0087b.jpg

SN1302a_0151.jpg

SN1302a_0295b.jpg

SN1302a_0350b.jpg

SN1302a_0507b.jpg

SN1302b_0017b.jpg

SN1302b_0117b.jpg

SN1302b_0141b.jpg

SN1302b_0169b.jpg

SN1302b_0212b.jpg

SN1302b_0255b.jpg

Edited by goldy
  • Love 3

You know it just does t make sense to me why Lucifer didnt just smite everyone in the AU nor why he didn't smite TFW outside the house other than weapons grade plotonium to get him and Mary into the AU.

Lucifer is an asshole but he's never been stupid really. At least not the Lucifer of s5. So why would he not have snapped his fingers the moment Mary punched him. I mean if they say he can't smite with the snap of his fingers because he was hit by Enochian knuckles then shouldn't that been discovered before now? Cas tried to smite Henchbitch but she blocked him from touching her he'd so he couldn't do it. It wasn't implied that he no longer has that capacity because of the Enochian knuckles.

Lucifer and Mary standing shoulder to shoulder against AU Michael is hilariously terrible.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

You know it just does t make sense to me why Lucifer didnt just smite everyone in the AU nor why he didn't smite TFW outside the house other than weapons grade plotonium to get him and Mary into the AU.

Lucifer is an asshole but he's never been stupid really. At least not the Lucifer of s5. So why would he not have snapped his fingers the moment Mary punched him. I mean if they say he can't smite with the snap of his fingers because he was hit by Enochian knuckles then shouldn't that been discovered before now? Cas tried to smite Henchbitch but she blocked him from touching her he'd so he couldn't do it. It wasn't implied that he no longer has that capacity because of the Enochian knuckles.

Lucifer and Mary standing shoulder to shoulder against AU Michael is hilariously terrible.

They had Lucifer make that line about wanting to really wanting to take his time with the boys.  I think Lucifer was afraid of post-homicidal depression.  He wanted to play with their sticky bits.

eiv4lAU.gif 

• Love 1

I know that's what he said, which doesn't really alter my point much. Just because they lampshaded what he was doing doesn't make it any less Plotonuim so he and Mary could end up in the AU.

Lucifer never spent time himself torturing anyone that I can recall. He got all his demons to do that. Lucifer waws all about mental manipulation to get what he wanted. Torture and playing with his food wasn't a thing until he and Sam ended up in the Cage, which I guess was vengeance, which BTW never made a lot of sense to me that he would torture his own meatsuit..but that's a whole OTHER kettle of fish LOL 

1 hour ago, SueB said:

They had Lucifer make that line about wanting to really wanting to take his time with the boys.  I think Lucifer was afraid of post-homicidal depression.  He wanted to play with their sticky bits

I know that's what he said, which doesn't really alter my point much. Just because they lampshaded what he was doing doesn't make it any less Plotonuim so he and Mary could end up in the AU.

Lucifer never spent time himself torturing anyone that I can recall. He got all his demons to do that. Lucifer waws all about mental manipulation to get what he wanted. Torture and playing with his food wasn't a thing until he and Sam ended up in the Cage, which I guess was vengeance, which BTW never made a lot of sense to me that he would torture his own meatsuit..but that's a whole OTHER kettle of fish LOL 

He played with Rowena versus just exploding her (I know, same episode).  But he also took his time with Crowley.  And he's deranged so he's allowed to be mercurial. 

I don't see too much OOC. 

And I will be interested to see what Luci's powers are in the AU.  We have a flash of Michael manhandling him in one of the previews so I suspect he doesn't have the same juice in the AU.  Although I admit, Mary looks too weirdly calm standing next to him. Depends on how the scene plays out. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, SueB said:

He played with Rowena versus just exploding her (I know, same episode).  But he also took his time with Crowley.  And he's deranged so he's allowed to be mercurial. 

I don't see too much OOC. 

That's all in one episode though. It's in character for whatever sorry ass version of Lucifer, Dabb and Berens constructed as of 11.21 but IMO it's not the Lucifer that existed prior to 11.21.  Lucifer was deadly, murderous and evil and he had a purpose and mission. He wanted people on his side. He would manipulate them to get what he wanted and if that didn't work he killed them.  He didn't waste time playing games. He snapped Rowena's neck as soon as she got him out of the cage.  IMO the way Lucifer has been written since 11.21 is a completely different character than the Lucifer that existed prior to leaving the Cage.

• Love 2