Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think its inevitable that Mark P and Lucifer will be back.

I don't keep up with what Pellegrino is up to, but I know he's never short of work, so I don't think it's a given just because the show left us with a cliffhanger. Just because the show wants him back doesn't mean he'll come back. Or that he'll come back for more than a couple episodes.

I wonder what the focus for season 13 will be?  I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that writing room (if they had a writing room).  

Devil's offspring is really all they have, isn't it? They could expand the AU concept or do more with Hunters of America unite, but there's not much meat there.  Hmmm - it's interesting.  Is anyone here going to ComicCon Hall H?

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ooof is a good word. I like it. They are not only assholes, they are assholes too cheap to spring for a new photo. And yes, I'm aware the boys are away on hiatus. Don't care. This is just... ooof.

And Holly Ollis is the social media rep? I thought that was Suzanne Gomez (Chico9). Guess it explains her total lack of attention to anything SPN.

Gomez is the CW PR person and Ollis is for WBTV. 

I legit don't know how Chico keeps her job. Their Arrow promotion is as terrible as SPN. I feel sorry for both SPN and Arrow falling on the same night now, PR wise.  Maybe Arrow should pay the Shaving People crew to make their promos. LOL

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I legit don't know how Chico keeps her job. Their Arrow promotion is as terrible as SPN. I feel sorry for both SPN and Arrow falling on the same night now, PR wise.  

It seems like Riverdale is the only show they're interested in promoting lately. I get it, the show is struggling in comparison so it probably needs the help, but is annoying as a fan sometimes.

I can't imagine they went to the trouble to create the AU just as a way to dispose of Lucifer and Mary.  If their plan were to just leave them there, certainly there were less expensive ways to do that.  I don't know that we'll spend all that much time in the AU due to the costs, but I have to think that one of the major story arcs will be rescuing Mary and trying, again, to end Lucifer.  Plus we have Jack to consider.  There has to be something for him to actually do, and I think dealing with his father will be part of that.  

I'd love for them to explore the Bunker a bit more next season.  It seems odd that the BMOL would have advanced so far beyond the AMOL, so I'd love to see them discover more of the Bunker's secrets.  As much as I enjoy Jody and Donna, and am happy they're getting a shot at their own show, I don't want next season to just be about that. If we only have Sam and Dean for another season or season and a half, I want the focus to be on them.  I'm selfish that way.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Gomez is the CW PR person and Ollis is for WBTV. 

I legit don't know how Chico keeps her job. Their Arrow promotion is as terrible as SPN. I feel sorry for both SPN and Arrow falling on the same night now, PR wise.  Maybe Arrow should pay the Shaving People crew to make their promos. LOL

Ah okay. Well Chico is the worst. The only thing she cares about is Wonder Woman. She can muster enthusiasm for Supergirl and pretty much wets herself for Grant Gustin/The Flash. SPN might as well not exist, although she has shown a little attention to the Wayward-fill-in-the-hashtag stuff.

• Love 1

It does seem incredibly lazy to simply photoshop Mark S out.  Maybe it's supposed to imply a void where he once was.  Who will be the new King of Hell?  Can't be Lucifer unless the AU shares the same hell as the real world.

Chico is entirely unprofessional in her bias. She is supposed to be PR rep for everything but only her pets get attention. Couple years back there was some big event for SPN and the Js were there of course. In the aftermath, there was not one event photo of Jensen published but several of Genevieve Padalecki`s shoes. Why? Because the two women are besties. You can do that shit on your personal social media but not on the job. 

Both the CW and WBTV have terrible promo people. The way the synopsis are worded, the promos are cut together, pictures released, badly photoshopped promo posters, event coverage, it`s meh to shit. Some of the shows come up with stuff themselves, like the Shaving/Punting vids or the cute little x-over promotion of the DC-shows last years. 

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:07 PM, SueB said:

Based on a tip-off from justanotheridijiton on Tumblr, the WBTV has updated their Comic-Con pages

On SUNDAY at SDCC

emphasis mine - I'm betting Kim and Brianna -- it COULD be Mark P and Samantha S. but I'm betting not.

Listed on their Social Media "contacts" for the Comic-Con:
Show                         Talent                           Twitter                                Instagram                             Snapchat

Supernatural                                                  cw_spn                               cw_supernatural                       N/A

Jared Padalecki             JarPad                                jaredpadalecki

Jensen Ackles               JensenAckles                      jensenackles

Misha Collins                 mishacollins                       misha                                    misha.snaps

Robert Singer                  N/A                                     N/A

Andrew Dabb                andrewdabb                         N/A

Holly Ollis                      Hollidayo                           Hollidayo

Holly Ollis is the Supernatural Social Media rep.  

And Misha is clearly in the poster with Mark photoshopped out.  So, Mark P is not shown at the same status level as either Misha or Mark Sheppard in the past.  Or they didn't want to shoot new posters.  But since Mark P isn't on the panel, I'm betting he's not at the same level as Mark Shepard was. 

I'm just greatly happy that Misha is clearly at Comic Con and still clearly a huge part of the show--being on the poster. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Wynne88 said:

It does seem incredibly lazy to simply photoshop Mark S out.  Maybe it's supposed to imply a void where he once was.  Who will be the new King of Hell?  Can't be Lucifer unless the AU shares the same hell as the real world.

This is a really interesting idea. What if Heaven, Hell and Purgatory are shared and only Earth changes? Maybe Hess demanding the "voice" open a portal means  the "old men" had access to all three dimensions.

11 hours ago, SueB said:

I'm jealous.  Please report?

We never really learn much at ComicCon, tho, do we?  It's mostly jokes and larking about.  But at least you'll get first dibs at seeing the Gag Reel @SueB

It's funny, most summers at IMDb we'd be busy speculating (and getting it all wrong) about the cliffhanger in the finale.  But season 12 ended with so much jammed in - it's really anyone's guess what they're going to run with for season 13.  Where does one even begin? The one thing we do know - Crowley's toast.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

We never really learn much at ComicCon, tho, do we?

We usually get a pretty good idea of the direction they're heading from Comic Con, IMO simply because it's generally the first con after they start filming. And, sometimes we even get a first look at what they've already filmed. 

It's funny, most summers at IMDb we'd be busy speculating (and getting it all wrong) about the cliffhanger in the finale.  But season 12 ended with so much jammed in - it's really anyone's guess what they're going to run with for season 13.  Where does one even begin?

I've been thinking about it and even though the episode itself wasn't much to my liking, I kinda think this is the best cliffhanger finale they've had in...well, maybe forever.  I mean, it really is anyone's guess where they're going. Which is kinda the point of a cliffhanger, isn't it?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 4

I tend to think its pretty obvious where this season is going. 

Sam will try to find a way to get back to the AU to rescue Mary and try to come up with a way to stop Jack and Lucifer

Cas will try to find a way to stop Jack

Dean will mope over Cas.

We'll get a handful of episodes that take place in alternate AU's as Sam tries to find the right one.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

We usually get a pretty good idea of the direction they're heading from Comic Con, IMO simply because it's generally the first con after they start filming. And, sometimes we even get a first look at what they've already filmed. 

I've been thinking about it and even though the episode itself wasn't much to my liking, I kinda think this is the best cliffhanger finale they've had in...well, maybe forever.  I mean, it really is anyone's guess where they're going. Which is kinda the point of a cliffhanger, isn't it?

Yes Comic Con is good--they give us a general direction of the season.  Looking forward to it.

13 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Sam will try to find a way to get back to the AU to rescue Mary and try to come up with a way to stop Jack and Lucifer

Cas will try to find a way to stop Jack

Dean will mope over Cas.

We'll get a handful of episodes that take place in alternate AU's as Sam tries to find the right one.

Dean will be in the middle of things as always not just Sam.  He always is.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Dean will be in the middle of things as always not just Sam.  He always is.

Hope so.  Maybe the PTB have picked up on the fact that we're not happy with Dean being MIA so much.  I mean... he didn't even get to swing Michael's lance.

8 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Yes Comic Con is good--they give us a general direction of the season.

I dunno?  Hope so.  But previous CC panels I've watched on YouTube - usually you get nothing.  Their lips are sealed and Andrew will just waffle.  But fingers crossed. :)

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Hope so.  Maybe the PTB have picked up on the fact that we're not happy with Dean being MIA so much.  I mean... he didn't even get to swing Michael's lance.

I dunno?  Hope so.  But previous CC panels I've watched on YouTube - usually you get nothing.  Their lips are sealed and Andrew will just waffle.  But fingers crossed. :)

Well I guess we'll have to disagree on SDCC because I always watch and get a general direction and fact nuggets--along with jokes and waffling too...lol.  Here's my take on Dean--the J's want some time off and they have others do some things but in the end Dean and Sam are still the center of the show(everyone else revolves around them) and do the great majority of heroics. 

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 4

For me it's not the main panels--the main Hall H panel is just the party line and answering a lot of the same old questions, Nerd HQ is them just screwing around--but the one-on-one round table interviews. That's usually where you start to hear the direction they're heading from different perspectives. No matter what, it's the first they've spoken of S13 since they've started filming, so I think there will be something to speculate about when it's all said and done.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

For me it's not the main panels--the main Hall H panel is just the party line and answering a lot of the same old questions, Nerd HQ is them just screwing around--but the one-on-one round table interviews. That's usually where you start to hear the direction they're heading from different perspectives. No matter what, it's the first they've spoken of S13 since they've started filming, so I think there will be something to speculate about when it's all said and done.

Yes--I agree partially on this...with the main panel AND interviews later we get a decent amount of info on the upcoming season.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2

I don't think I've ever seen a hiatus so dead.  Now, admittedly its only a small part of internet but the sites I've frequented there seems to be little to no discussion.  That's why I don't think it was a good season ender because i feel like a good cliff hanger, obvious or not should generate some discussion.

Season 1 remains my favorite because I felt real tension and concern.  The fact that I didn't know if the show would be back only heighten it.  I saw lots of discussion about whether they could fix the car, or if John would survive, what injuries would Sam and Dean have. 

Even when Dean went to purgatory and we knew the show was coming back most people figured Dean would back by the opening credits but there was still lots of discussion around what happened to him there, what Sam would do to rescue Dean, the aftermath, etc.

Whether the resolution is obvious or not, for me, isn't the the issue.  It's the potential direction the storylines could take.  The only thing I direction I can see for these story lines is the obvious.  There really isn't much to speculate on.  The only character who really doesn't have a potential storyline set up is Dean. 

Maybe what kind of things they might see in an AU, but with budget issues it will probably be like My Heart will go on.  It will look exactly like our universe but with a few differences. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Season 1 remains my favorite because I felt real tension and concern. 

Well, I didn't say it was my favorite. That doesn't mean I liked the finale, I agree with you the S1 one was probably the best finale they've ever done, but I do think it was a good cliffhanger in the sense they put a lot of people in jeopardy, who for once weren't named Sam and Dean, and there are a lot of different directions they could go to get them out of it. Just because you're not as interested in speculating on those particular characters doesn't mean it wasn't a good one.

Personally, I just don't think people are interested in speculating right now, but are more looking for misery's company than anything.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

The Impala gets cursed and Dean is stuck on the side of the road changing a flat tire every time a big bad needs killing?

This is funny because it's true. :(

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Well, I'm not sure it is obvious for me, but sometimes, in my opinion, something can be said for obvious. For example, I agree that the season 7 finale had a lot of potential, especially for Dean's story, but I thought that Sam's part would be pretty straight-forward. Oh Boy, was I surprised when Sam's storyline was something I wouldn't have even guessed at given 100 tries at speculating... however that doesn't mean that the surprise was welcome. I hated that storyline more than any other in the history of the show by a large amount, and would have much (I can't overemphasize how much) rather have had the "obvious" storyline than the one we got. Not only did I find it somewhat offensive to Sam's character, it was boring as all get out with the worst soap opera cliches possible. WTH?

So for season 13, I'd be all for the expected storyline of Sam and Dean trying to save Mary.* And I disagree with @ILoveReading that Sam would be the expected choice for that. I think the show has set up that connection being with Dean. So I expect that this will be Dean's main storyline. It would also continue with show tradition that when there's time travel or inter-dimensional travel or even aging / de-aging, it's usually Dean who gets those stories while Sam gets the possession storylines. That's been pretty consistent even in the last few seasons, so I don't expect that to change.

Meanwhile, I expect that Sam will maybe have something to do with Jack... although Castiel might also have something to do with that, because that's where the connections were established pre-finale. If it's Castiel, I could expect Sam to do something with the American hunters, but I think instead that that storyline will be dropped, because something's gotta go, and I think that's it.

I wouldn't mind any of these more expected storylines. And to expand...

My wild ass speculation/guess. If they want Sam/Lucifer again - which makes sense to me, though I supposed Castiel / Lucifer is also possible - my guess is that maybe Sam tries to send Jack to the A/U - maybe because Jack convinces Sam that he can help get rid of Lucifer or save Dean and Mary or something, but instead the two get exchanged - maybe not what Jack wanted either, but Sam at least gets Jack stuck in the AU - where I expect that Dean might already be, looking for Mary. Then we'd end up with Dean/Mary/Jack in the AU and Sam/Castiel/Lucifer in the regular verse storylines, or maybe Castiel would bridge between both realities due to his connections with Jack and Lucifer.

And personally, I would definitely enjoy that set up myself. Though it seems to me, the writers are done with the Sam / Lucifer connections and consider those wrapped up, so Castiel might end up being the focus there.

* Mostly because if not, I would be wondering "What the hell? Why are they not trying to save their mother?" Much like I was wondering what the hell Sam had been doing in the time before season 8.

• Love 1

Since I couldn`t care less about Mary, I feel exactly the same way about any potential storyline trying to find her. Yawn. 

However, I do expect the first half of the Season to focus more heavily on Spawnifer. Maybe the AU stuff only comes in later. It`s obvious that Spawnifer is an easy gateway to the AU world.

Cas is gonna need to be resurrected in some way. For that Spawnifer would also be the easy answer. And Jared himself speculated about a connection between Sam and Spawn. 

For Dean I`d consider it progress if he stays awake in the MOTWs. 

• Love 5

The Impala gets cursed and Dean is stuck on the side of the road changing a flat tire every time a big bad needs killing?

Am I horrible for thinking that this would make a great episode... no really. Hear me out...

I think Jensen would act the hell out of it. Not necessarily a Big Bad that needed killing, but a witch curses him that as Dean is trying to help PIPs in the case, and he's on the way, he makes it within a distance where he can see the location, but his car (Baby at first, but later others as Dean gets more desperate) breaks down - maybe not a flat tire though, because the car would still drive that way - just far enough that he can run up on the scene just as the PIPs are getting killed. Then the witch somehow lets him know who the next victim would be. His phone doesn't work, he can't reach Castiel. All he figures out finally is who will die and that his car will break down just out of reach of being able to help. And the episode would be  the psychological effect on Dean and how he finally beats the witch's curse and stops the killing and defeats the witch.

Call me awful, but I want this episode now. ; ).

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Am I horrible for thinking that this would make a great episode... no really. Hear me out...

Well since you asked........; ) 

Oh yeah I need to speculate, um, er, the au stuff wraps up by episode 2 or 3. Mary hopefully leaves to actually find herself instead of whatever season 12 was. Dean and Sam do stuff, I'm still not sure what and Lucifer and Junior continue to exist for reasons.

Edited by trxr4kids
I forgot to speculate whilst being a smartass
(edited)

Dean's my favorite but I like Cas a lot too and Sam--BUT I just disagree with how some fans think Dean does nothing anymore.  He does as much as Sam and more than everyone else.  For years I hear Sam fans say Sam is disrespected, Dean fans that Dean is disrespected and same for Cas and Cas fans.  From my perspective in all 3 cases that is wildly overstated.  It's just common among a sliver of fans to bemoan their favorite and how he's treated on the show.  YES they can write ALL 3 better but they aren't picking on them imo.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

2 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Am I horrible for thinking that this would make a great episode... no really.

I'm right there with you AwesomO400...Baby being cursed would be a great episode, IMO!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I agree about the one on one interviews being the best source of any real potential spoilers.  Sadly, there will be no Nerd HQ panels at all this year. Zack said they aren't doing it this year.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm not really sad about it, but I'm weird that way.

I enjoy those panels probably more than the SDCC panel. Occasionally there have been a few really interesting show tidbits that I don't think would come out of the more regulated main hall panel.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I enjoy those panels probably more than the SDCC panel. Occasionally there have been a few really interesting show tidbits that I don't think would come out of the more regulated main hall panel.

Oh, I'm not saying they don't have their value--especially since they do it to raise money for worthy causes--I just don't care for it myself.

(edited)
4 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

If they want Sam/Lucifer again - which makes sense to me, though I supposed Castiel / Lucifer is also possible

Please, no.  The only thing worse than Lucifer, is Lucifer possessing someone else.  It's been done to death.  If Sam ever said yes to Lucifer again, I'd be thoroughly pissed.  It was bad enough that Cas said yes, but he was in a pretty pathetic state at the time.  

I know I'm having a difficult time speculating because for the first time, none of the potential storylines interest me.  Saving Mary from the AU would be fine, except for Lucifer.  I have zero interest in Jack, and since we know Cas is back, the only mystery there is whether he's himself, or changed somehow.  But I'm thinking the main storyline will be Lucifer and Jack, so I'll just hang around and hope that the one-off MOTW episodes are worth waiting for.

I would love to be proved wrong, but right now, I'm not terribly optimistic.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

Please, no.  The only thing worse than Lucifer, is Lucifer possessing someone else.  It's been done to death.  If Sam ever said yes to Lucifer again, I'd be thoroughly pissed.  It was bad enough that Cas said yes, but he was in a pretty pathetic state at the time.  

Oh, no no no... I was not meaning Sam!Lucifer (though typically I use Sammifer for that) or Castiel!Lucifer, I was just meaning a Sam / Lucifer or Castiel / Lucifer storyline. Since both have connections to Lucifer now and would want him done and gone, I was just commenting that the writers could go either way on that. But to do that they'd have to switch Lucifer somehow with Jack, or Jack would have to get Lucifer back through the time portal... though I guess if they were going to do something unexpected, a Dean / Lucifer storyline would do it, since that's the one I wouldn't be expecting.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Oh, no no no... I was not meaning Sam!Lucifer (though typically I use Sammifer for that) or Castiel!Lucifer, I was just meaning a Sam / Lucifer or Castiel / Lucifer storyline. Since both have connections to Lucifer now and would want him done and gone, I was just commenting that the writers could go either way on that. But to do that they'd have to switch Lucifer somehow with Jack, or Jack would have to get Lucifer back through the time portal... though I guess if they were going to do something unexpected, a Dean / Lucifer storyline would do it, since that's the one I wouldn't be expecting.

Whew!  'Cause I, too, thought you were suggesting a Lucifer-possessing-Sam story.  And I couldn't believe I read that!  Lol!

If they have to keep Lucifer around (and looks like they do) - I'd like to see a Dean/Lucifer storyline, since we've seen the Sam/Lucifer and Castiel/Lucifer stories already.  Which, if Dean is the only one who makes it to the AU to rescue Mary, they could easily do.  If they go that route, I won't be surprised if Dean somehow manages to kill Lucifer in the AU.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.  I think at this point, all three main characters have an axe to grind with Lucifer, especially now that Mary is trapped in the AU with him.  I don't think that a "connection" is necessary anymore to make him enemy number one.

I'm going to assume that Jack re-opens the portal, whether at the request of what's left of TFW, or in his own search for his father.  I'm also assuming that Bobby came to the aid of Mary in the AU.  Otherwise, Lucifer would have killed her immediately, since he was pretty pissed to be trapped there.  I'm thinking that's why they made mention of Bobby's past relationship with her.  He'll recognize her and save her somehow.  I guess that part of the story intrigues me a little, since I do love Bobby, and it will be an interesting twist that his relationship is with Mary and not John.  But I doubt they'll go very far with that.  

As DittyDotDot stated, they jammed so much into the finale, the story could go pretty much anywhere.  I'm just not sure that's necessarily a good thing.  As someone else pointed out above, I would prefer if they took one or two smaller plots, and really fleshed them out rather than trying to juggle so many storylines at the same time, and not really giving their full attention to any of them.  Dabb says they have a plan, and "we're going to love it", so I hope for once he's right.

·       If they’re not going to do much with the Dean character - then he deserves that seasonal episode (Baby, Regarding Dean) ... and Dean stuck on the side of the road, anxious to get to Sammy who's in dire trouble; tire or engine to be fixed or whatever.  That would do it for me.  I'd love that. Maybe something like Wrong Turn.  And Jensen would have a field day. His lone episodes have been the best of each season IMO. It could be suspenseful and fun.  Which is all I ask from this show these days.  The days of claustrophobic gritty dark tension are gone. We're never close enough or involved enough to "tension" anymore to be invested.  It's all too flighty, skimming along the surface of stories – no one reacts, I never feel the pull to the edge like I used to.   Characters are stereotypes, if they start to be relatable ... well, then they're killed off.  It's crazy story telling.

·       I honestly don't think Lucifer is going to possess anyone else.  Surely not?  It's been done to death.  I think they're running with Mark P who'll probably be parked back into the cage at some point and his offspring will join him if evil and reside in heaven if good. I'm not much bothered either way.   They'll have to test the waters with Jack and take it from there. Hope the actor is good.

·       Word must have reached their ears that Mary requires masses of redemption.  She can die now - I've read comments like that all over the internet.  They took her way into the wrong direction in the attempt to present Mom Super Hunter and now scrambling to do major whitewashing, but I don't think it'll work.  The character should be shelved with Jodi & Teens for proposed spinoff.

·       They’ve introduced the AU – I’m sure the writers are busy writing about that.  At least it’s something new ... although I hope they move away from the boring desert landscape. Heaven has lots of heavens, I’d hope the AU has different landscapes one can move through.  It wouldn’t have to be expensive. And could possibly do what should have been done with purgatory – i.e. we meet up with past adversaries.

·       I  always look forward to seeing our guys at SDCC after the hiatus famine.  They’re relaxed and jovial from R&R. I don’t expect to hear much news, they’re told not to say anything.  Those round tables with the bloggers (or whoever they are) are wonderful because they’ve actually watched the show and ask decent questions. I’ve given up on Con questions being anything more than hair conditioners and pranks.

·       We are but a handful of opinions. People have said season 12 was well received. I never saw that anywhere. But I guess it’s true that Debbie Downers have the loudest voices.  Fingers crossed for season 13.  We’re getting close the end.  One day there won’t be a new episode to opinion about.  :::sob:::

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm thinking that's why they made mention of Bobby's past relationship with her.  He'll recognize her and save her somehow.  I guess that part of the story intrigues me a little, since I do love Bobby, and it will be an interesting twist that his relationship is with Mary and not John.  But I doubt they'll go very far with that.  

I just had a thought. If the show wants to get rid of Mary without killing her, they could have her voluntarily stay in alt-world, possibly in a relationship with Bobby. That idea doesn't appeal to me, but I think it is possible.

That also led to the hypothesis that the great future Jack was going to bring about, per Cas's vision, might result from his actions in alt-world, not in our reality. That would, IMO, allow the writers to get out of a corner they've written themselves into, whereas they seem to be setting Cas up to be right about Jack, but we also don't want Jack to solve all of our characters' problems for them. If Jack stops the war and repairs the damage from it in the AU, that would be impressive enough to vindicate Cas's vision without interfering with our reality. 

In that case, Jack could stay in the alt-verse, which might be a good way to get rid of a character who seems likely to be too powerful to keep around.

• Love 4

Oh lord. Please no. No romantic or sexual relationship between Bobby and Mary. 

From the shallow level, no offense to Jim Beaver, but Bobby is no John Winchester in the looks department. I can't fathom hooking up with Bobby even once not even when she was drunk, especially since she waxed about John to Bobby. That would just be kind of pathetic.   But SL wise, NOPE.  Besides they already went to that well to an extent with Bobby and Ellen in the alt timeline, and with Bobby and Jody's flirtations hinting a possible romance. Don't want them going there with Mary, too.

Bobby already became the boys surrogate father. Let's not give him John's wife, too, shall we? 

2 hours ago, companionenvy said:

I just had a thought. If the show wants to get rid of Mary without killing her, they could have her voluntarily stay in alt-world, possibly in a relationship with Bobby. That idea doesn't appeal to me, but I think it is possible.

• Love 1

I wasn't thinking about a romantic relationship, just a friendship because she'd be someone that Bobby would recognize, even though she has no memory of him.  At least I'm assuming that's why he comes to her rescue, because he recognizes her.  I could be totally off, and we may never see Bobby in the AU again, but I hope we do.

This version of Bobby seems to enjoy killing angels, so maybe he's got a few tricks up his sleeve when it comes to archangels.  I can dream, anyway.

• Love 2

I agree with those who say all members of Team Free Will have reason to go after  Lucifer and all will deal with Jack.  So all 3 will have much to do in season 13.  And I'm sure will get a decent amount of info on SDCC on the general direction of season 13...we always get that there.  They won't spill mucho details of course but we will know a good deal more than we do now...which is just educated guesswork right now.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I wasn't thinking about a romantic relationship, just a friendship because she'd be someone that Bobby would recognize, even though she has no memory of him.  At least I'm assuming that's why he comes to her rescue, because he recognizes her.  I could be totally off, and we may never see Bobby in the AU again, but I hope we do.

This version of Bobby seems to enjoy killing angels, so maybe he's got a few tricks up his sleeve when it comes to archangels.  I can dream, anyway.

I was more replying to companionenvy's not yours. Sorry for that confusion.

I'm not keen on having Bobby back for anything length of time. I can think of 10 other characters I'd rather see again than Bobby. At least if he's in the first episode of s13, then his requisite one episode per season appearance can be taken care of early.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I'm not keen on having Bobby back for anything length of time. I can think of 10 other characters I'd rather see again than Bobby. At least if he's in the first episode of s13, then his requisite one episode per season appearance can be taken care of early.

I know you're not a Bobby fan, and I don't need him back for the entire season, but I wouldn't mind seeing him for an episode or two.  And at this point, I'd welcome back anyone who could help with taking down Lucifer once and for all!

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I know you're not a Bobby fan, and I don't need him back for the entire season, but I wouldn't mind seeing him for an episode or two.  And at this point, I'd welcome back anyone who could help with taking down Lucifer once and for all!

Bobby would have been a more preferable addition for season 12 instead of overused Lucifer and the underwhelming BMOL.

(edited)
On 7/3/2017 at 0:04 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

I think Jensen would act the hell out of it. Not necessarily a Big Bad that needed killing, but a witch curses him that as Dean is trying to help PIPs in the case, and he's on the way, he makes it within a distance where he can see the location, but his car (Baby at first, but later others as Dean gets more desperate) breaks down - maybe not a flat tire though, because the car would still drive that way - just far enough that he can run up on the scene just as the PIPs are getting killed. Then the witch somehow lets him know who the next victim would be. His phone doesn't work, he can't reach Castiel. All he figures out finally is who will die and that his car will break down just out of reach of being able to help. And the episode would be  the psychological effect on Dean and how he finally beats the witch's curse and stops the killing and defeats the witch.

Call me awful, but I want this episode now. ; ).

I mean this honestly sounds more interesting than anything I'm currently imagining taking place in the next season. So I'm down.

Well, except for the Supernatural / Ash Vs. Evil Dead crossover that still needs to happen.

Edited by ZennyKenny
  • Love 1

Trisha Porter who I take is a make-up person for Supernatural tweeted out they had the first script read for season 13 yesterday--getting set up for J2M to do their thing.   It's almost here.

• Love 3