Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I am looking forward to the Dean/Mary Dean/Sam scenes - nobody delivers emo like Jensen. Nobody. I just wish we could have a little badass, BDH Dean to go along with it. I don't think that's too much to ask, but definitely too much to hope for. Sigh.

ETA: And I like Jared, I really do, but when it comes to the show, Jared is all about Jared - and if he's talking up this finale, it's because Sam shines. JMO as always.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

Now this spoiler seems to saying a character returning(which I take is the mystery person) is connected to the meta and the arcs of the last few years--it makes me think(again if this is true) that it might be GABRIEL...he's always involved in Meta and his family has been popping up the last few years.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Now this spoiler seems to saying a character returning(which I take is the mystery person) is connected to the meta and the arcs of the last few years--it makes me think(again if this is true) that it might be GABRIEL...he's always involved in Meta and his family has been popping up the last few years.

That would fit with the Scooby-Doo ep, imo - as it was the Trickster who sent them to TVLand.  Maybe he sends them to CartoonLand.  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe Sam gets taken over by the Nephilim. He was Lucifer's vessel, so why not his son's.

Now you've got me having flashbacks to Fred/Illyria.  If these are legitimate (which I'm skeptical of these kinds of things), maybe that's why Sam says he loves Dean (if he does say that).  I speculated on another site that if the initials carving scene in The Family Remains was foreshadowing, the pay off for that would have to be big, something like one of the brothers being killed permanently.  Maybe they're going to kill Sam off and replace him with a Sam-nephilim a Samphilim.  Maybe Lucifer does something to have them swap bodies or something to make his kid stronger, and that's why we'll hate him, because he just gets rid of the baby after that.  Maybe that's why the sheriff in The Memory Remains (the parallel for Dean in that episode) said his legacy was a dead brother (right before the desk carving scene).  Maybe that's why Sam has gotten the extra kills this year.  Maybe that's why Jared said he was surprised they went there in the finale.  Or maybe it's nothing, because these spoilers are bogus.  Who knows?  I wouldn't worry about what any of this means for Sam, Dean, Cas, Crowley, or anyone else until after the episode airs.  

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am looking forward to the Dean/Mary Dean/Sam scenes - nobody delivers emo like Jensen. Nobody. I just wish we could have a little badass, BDH Dean to go along with it. I don't think that's too much to ask, but definitely too much to hope for. Sigh.

The opposite is I have never enjoyed Jared's acting in Sam as whoever. He just doesn't sell it for me. So that will probably be a huge downer for me tonight.

15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

ETA: And I like Jared, I really do, but when it comes to the show, Jared is all about Jared - and if he's talking up this finale, it's because Sam shines. JMO as always.

Yeah. I always wondered why Jared doesn't seem to lobby a little for his friend.

Edited by Idahoforspn
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

I think (assuming this is actually true)it more likely Sam realises he's content to be on the road and he says "I love you" to Dean. I think I've read some fans talking about the fact neither brother has said that to each other (or anyone) on screen before!

But this isn't true. Sam has actually said "I love you" to Dean at least twice in the show's history - "Bloody Mary" and "Sam, Interrupted." Well technically the second one was "I love ya," but pretty much the same thing.

Edited to add:

Yeah. I always wondered why Jared doesn't seem to lobby a little for his friend.

I've never quite understood this criticism myself. It's not like Jensen wasn't any less excited about the purgatory storyline because Sam's arc was completely awful for the first half of season 8 (I'm not convinced the trial arc was all thought out at that point or not) or was any less excited about the mark of Cain arc, because Sam was fairly sidelined in the second half of the season. And Sam's character pretty much trashed in both cases as well.

I remember at the time of those seasons worrying about Sam's character being trashed and some people online assuring me that it wouldn't happen, because Jensen was excited for the seasons and he wouldn't be excited about the season if Sam's character was going to be trashed... and well, Sam was trashed and/or his storylines weren't that great, so...

I think it's pretty normal to be excited about your character getting a good story arc. It's nice for your friend and showmate to also get a good storyline, but on this show - and likely most shows - that doesn't always happen. Writers are going to write what they want, and there might only be so much an actor can complain or suggest before he/she ends up on the wrong side of the writer/showrunner. Not being in the business myself, I wouldn't know.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, goldy said:

Get ready to say goodbye! Someone you’ve come to love will die, permanently thanks to Lucifer, so prepare to say goodbye. 

I hope its not Mary.

I am not sure you could describe Mary as 'someone we have come to love'. She is not particularly well thought of in the fandom from what I can see. This sounds more like Crowley or Rowena to me.

23 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

Grossly unfair and untrue!

• Love 2

I'm curious about the Sam transformation spoiler. I hope it's not him being possessed by Lucifer again. I also hope Sam's shining moment is not just him saying he loves Dean because we know that already. Nevertheless, I'm glad he gets a shining moment because last year, Dean got all the glory.

Not keen on the hint of Destiel though. Anyway, the spoiler says Dean has a great role and will probably be getting lots of emo scenes which Sam hardly gets. So it looks quite balanced.

• Love 1
(edited)

Misha says in an interview on the finale 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/18/supernatural-misha-collins-season-12-finale-preview/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

“As far as season finales go, this one’s going to be one of the more emotionally taxing and traumatic that we’ve had in a long time,”

Yikes! I am not looking forward to it. I have had my fingers burned too many times and spent too many agonising summers. Oh for a 'we've got work to do', everyone is themselves, Dean and Sam are together finale like we haven't had since s2.

Edited by Geordiegirl1967
1 hour ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

He comes to a conclusion about where he is in life, and what Dean means to him, and he verbalizes it.

I thought he already pretty much did this at the end of Baby?  I'm not sure I really want (or need) to see Sam figure out that he's happy hunting with Dean all over again.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I think that character that will die permanently is Rowena. 

It would be typical of SPN. Keep a fun and well liked character off screen for many episode just to bring them back to kill them.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

It would be typical of SPN. Keep a fun and well liked character off screen for many episode just to bring them back to kill them.

I also believe it will be Rowena. When Casifer 'killed' her the first time, not gonna lie: I cheered. But the character has grown on me since then, and I like the idea of the boys having a witch kinda sorta in their corner. I also truly like Ruth Connell. I'll be sorry if it's her.

• Love 1
(edited)

Mashable and cinema blend have Misha interviews just up and reading between the lines it doesn't have a feel that Misha will be gone soon.  He's most likely safe.

Edited by Jakes

I'm thinking Rowena too.  We'll see.

The spoilers work for me.  I think Sam as the Nephil (thanks to whomever brought out the correct singularization of the Nephilim) is viable.

Do you know what the Webster translation is for Nephil?  Giant.  I mean, how META can you get?  Just sayin'

It's temporary, it has to be temporary because a super power-up for forever would betray the premise of the show.  And just like Demon Dean was short, this will probably be fixed by the Scooby Doo episode.  Which is undoubtedly in the first 4 or 5 episodes (that's about when they usually do their high-concept episode).  

So, works for me.  Fits "gold eyes" speculation too.

But I REALLY don't want Rowena OR Crowley to die.  So... let's see what happens. 

1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

But this isn't true. Sam has actually said "I love you" to Dean at least twice in the show's history - "Bloody Mary" and "Sam, Interrupted." Well technically the second one was "I love ya," but pretty much the same thing.

Hmm then I've no idea what those three worlds could be. Unless the writers are gonna ignore those episodes and pretend this is the first time it is said. 

Edited to add:

I've never quite understood this criticism myself. It's not like Jensen wasn't any less excited about the purgatory storyline because Sam's arc was completely awful for the first half of season 8 (I'm not convinced the trial arc was all thought out at that point or not) or was any less excited about the mark of Cain arc, because Sam was fairly sidelined in the second half of the season. And Sam's character pretty much trashed in both cases as well.

Exactly! For those complaining about Jared where was Jensen during season 9? That year not only did Dean get the action part of the myth arc, but the writers allowed the narrative to remain on Dean's side with the moral superiority going to Dean.

Was Jensen seenspeaking on Jared's behalf then? Or was he too busy boasting at conventions about how the mark of Cain led to an increase in viewers? 

• Love 1

For those complaining about Jared where was Jensen during season 9?

There were early Season 9 interviews where Jared said he was excited about a "wet dream of a storyline" and Jensen sat there with nothing to talk about. If he had to lobby for anyone at this point, it was the character he played.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Hmm then I've no idea what those three worlds could be. Unless the writers are gonna ignore those episodes and pretend this is the first time it is said. 

Exactly! For those complaining about Jared where was Jensen during season 9? That year not only did Dean get the action part of the myth arc, but the writers allowed the narrative to remain on Dean's side with the moral superiority going to Dean.

Was Jensen seenspeaking on Jared's behalf then? Or was he too busy boasting at conventions about how the mark of Cain led to an increase in viewers? 

Maybe he was still in shock over actually getting something as far as storyline after years of second fiddle. And it did seem to increase ratings. Having said that, even though I am a Dean girl, I would be happy if the powers that be could just figure out how to balance things. I don't expect Dean to take over the show but I don't want Sam to either. Treat both of them fairly and I'll be happy as a viewer.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I thought that wasn't Jensen truly "boasting" about numbers in a real way but in response to Jared's teasing at a con about something else? I'm gonna have to find that video.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I thought that wasn't Jensen truly "boasting" about numbers in a real way but in response to Jared's teasing at a con about something else? I'm gonna have to find that video.

Please do. I don't remember it as boasting either.

(edited)

Okay I saw a tweet from Steve Yockey to Meredith Glynn asking something about what was great about the Red Wedding which is a Game of Thrones reference and now this weird thing with dragons??  What the hell?? But now that Tweet is gone or hidden.  WTF

8 minutes ago, SueB said:

WHAT IS THIS FUCKERY?  "Dragons? Sister? Really?" -- Dean Winchester

Edited by catrox14
Just now, ILoveReading said:

I don't put a lot of faith into what Carter Matt says.  I find s/he take knowing spoilers and puts their own spin on them

I quit reading his stuff for that very reason.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Major spoiler: Three words you’ve waited to hear, bro fans get said. But guess who says them and why?!

Seems to me this has to be Dean  saying "I love you" to Sam. He's already said it to Mary.   Unless "bro" means Cas too, considering Cas has been declared a brother to the boys. 

Or. SWERVE!

"I AM GAY"  (yes this is a Homer Simpson reference)

Edited by catrox14

I know I'm jumping in, I'm still on page 231, (Mick's surgery screwed with my Supernatural time), but I want to go on record! (Because I'm conceited and stuff), that I said pages back Metatron was the "Mystery Man". I stand by this!

If I'm right I'm going to be insufferable! Struttin' around and telling you how smart I am!

That would make me all smart and all, right?

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

I know I'm jumping in, I'm still on page 231, (Mick's surgery screwed with my Supernatural time), but I want to go on record! (Because I'm conceited and stuff), that I said pages back Metatron was the "Mystery Man". I stand by this!

If I'm right I'm going to be insufferable! Struttin' around and telling you how smart I am!

That would make me all smart and all, right?

Hee! You go girl!!

BTW, I think that might be more likely than Bobby right now. If the finale is supposed to be very meta, Metatron makes a lot of sense. ;)

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Seems to me this has to be Dean  saying "I love you" to Sam. He's already said it to Mary.   Unless "bro" means Cas too, considering Cas has been declared a brother to the boys. 

In this context, talking about it being something bro fans want, there's no way it is meant by this poster to include Cas. Bro fans mean exactly that i.e. fans of Dean and Sam's brotherly relationship. 

2 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

In this context, talking about it being something bro fans want, there's no way it is meant by this poster to include Cas. Bro fans mean exactly that i.e. fans of Dean and Sam's brotherly relationship. 

Who knows. IMO with this show, the past couple of years...nothing will surprise me. YMMV. JMHO.

Okay, here's my final wildass spec.

Everyone has been dead since the s13 finale. They have all been in this other realm the whole time and the rest is ...I dunno.

It's like the Stuck in the Middle episode on crack.

(edited)

I have a bad feeling about tonight mostly bc Pellegrino has been trolling so hard. All of this from all of the actors is either a massive fake out or we lose Castiel...I think the latter (not that he'll stay dead). 

Edit- I'm way out of the loop. Didn't know this was Misha's 100th episode. Ugh. Bad feeling. 

Edited by Binns
  • Love 1

Well in a couple of hours time we will know all the answers.

My biggest hope is that the brothers end the season together, a united front and 100% themselves - no possessions, no being anyones vessel, neither is soulless or has a spell on them or a curse, no angst / conflict, no separation. I don't care if they end up in The Empty or the past or the future or heaven or hell so long as they are both alive, themselves and with each other.

I am almost certainly not going to get my wish which has me pretty worried. But if I get that I can live with any other deaths, changes, whatever. And I certainly don't give a damn who out of S&D gets to do what, who has the big role in the mytharc, whose pov are we focused on, who gets the emotional scenes etc. I love them both equally so am not bothered by that. In fact I am pretty easily pleased. So long as I get my wish above they can do whatever else they want.

Oh and PLEEAAASSSEEE no time jumps. Lord I hate that lame writers cheat with a passion beyond words.

• Love 1

Everyone who has actually seen ep22 says that it is very emotional. Jared & Jensen talked about a very emotional scene they did together where they fist bumped afterwards because they knew it had been really good.

I am both scared and excited.

1 minute ago, CluelessDrifter said:

I've enjoyed him in the last two episodes, and I think David seems lovely.

I was hoping we'd see more interaction with him and Dean.  I thought they had really good chemistry. 

David did a great job with the material he was given.  He created a character that I love to hate. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I was hoping we'd see more interaction with him and Dean.  I thought they had really good chemistry. 

David did a great job with the material he was given.  He created a character that I love to hate. 

David is great! Ketch is awful! LOL

@FangasmSPN @jarpad @JensenAckles There are not enough tissues on earth

— Bobo Berens (@robertberens) May 18, 2017

Because he's talking about how good Samantha Smith is and how many kleenex we'll need, I think they're killing Mary. I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 2

Ooh, maybe the permanent death of Lucifer's will be Lucifer killing himself. I could do with less of the character and the actor. 

I want to believe they are all trolling us hard but....argh. I'd be ok with Mary dying bc they mishandled that character badly and I don't see a way to fix it. Don't really want to lose Cas though.