Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

So at the upfronts both J's are there and the CW's synopsis only mentions Jensen and Jared as starring--no one else is mentioned.   In previous years Misha and Mark were mentioned.  They are not giving anything away, are they?

(edited)

GET A LOAD OF THIS--The J's at the upfronts say the guys are going to have animated crossover episode with Scooby Do!  No joke.  Interesting!  Could work or may not.  At least they are going bold.

Pedowitz also introduced the J's at the upfront as the stars of the "indestructible" show SUPERNATURAL.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Jakes said:

GET A LOAD OF THIS--The J's at the upfronts say the guys are going to have animated crossover episode with Scooby Do!  No joke.  Interesting!  Could work or may not.  At least they are going bold.

I love it!

I'm sure it will be suitably twisted TBH

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Pedowitz also introduced the J's at the upfront as the stars of the "indestructible" show SUPERNATURAL.

I think this sounds fun and different! Love that he loves our show!

• Love 1

My first reaction (and second and third reaction) was WTAF? But eh, it could be fun. More voice work experience for the guys. Definitely not on my list of guesses as to why they were there. LOL!

• Love 1

And let’s not forget, Castiel still supposedly has to suffer some epic consequences from killing Billie earlier in the season, a decision Collins says will fold back into the finale. “As far as season finales go, this one’s going to be one of the more emotionally taxing and traumatic that we’ve had in a long time,” he says.

Fuck.

Just now, Wayward Son said:

Yeah I've been saying that since pretty early in the season!!

I think he end ups in the big nothing or whatever that is called, meets Bobby and next year they try to escape.

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

d let’s not forget, Castiel still supposedly has to suffer some epic consequences from killing Billie earlier in the season, a decision Collins says will fold back into the finale. “As far as season finales go, this one’s going to be one of the more emotionally taxing and traumatic that we’ve had in a long time,” he says.

That is so dumb. There were no discernable consequences for Dean killing Death. But killing Billie is what pushes the universe over the edge?

Just now, Jakes said:

I think he end ups in the big nothing or whatever that is called, meets Bobby and next year they try to escape.

ITA. The finale will be super angsty, but the death won't last, any more than Dean's in S3 or Sam's in S5. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jakes said:

I think he end ups in the big nothing

So angels go somewhere when they die?  It's getting rather complicated... all these different universes.  Hell, Heaven, Purgatory and now the Big Nothing.

1 hour ago, companionenvy said:

That is so dumb. There were no discernable consequences for Dean killing Death. But killing Billie is what pushes the universe over the edge?

It seems like Billie's (and presumably all Reapers) ire was the consequence for killing Death - her promise to make sure that their next death's wouldn't just be final, but that they'd be denied Heaven and thrown into the void. I thought the 'cosmic consequences' were for breaking Dean & Sam's deal with her. Strictly speaking, it was Cas who broke/interfered with the deal, so he will be the one to suffer the wrath of the universe.

Someone just pointed me towards these spoilers

http://gold-and-saffron.tumblr.com/post/160781252472/supernatural-boss-previews-the-most-meta-finale

I have no clue how reliable they are. The author claims very reliable (from a 'friend whose relative works on the show'....ok) but then they would wouldn't they. I have posted the main bit below. Make of them what you will.

If you don’t want to be spoiled for the finale, don’t continue reading. 

I’ve been getting spoilers for Supernatural for a while now courtesy of a friend I have whose relative works on Supernatural. She normally just has a few bits and pieces, but enough to confirm that she knows what she’s talking about. I knew last year that Mary would play a major role way before the finale and before anyone even thought she was still relevant. She also knew contract details.

This season, I’d say she’s given me info with 99.99% accuracy. The only thing she got wrong was in the midseason finale where a scene that was scripted ended up in the cutting room, so what she told me would happen didn’t exactly happen, but I could totally see where the scene would have gone and why it would be cut. This is the only time this year her info hasn’t been 100% accurate. 

About the season finale, I have known it was going to be showcased as a two-parter for a while, and now that the news has broke, I feel confident that the rest of what she told me is true. Now, I don’t hang around fandom as much anymore, or really ever, because of work but today I came across some news and some discussion and was surprised that people were so negative about the finale. I even heard some people say they would skip it.

This is really why I wanted to make this post. Not to spoil everything. First of all, I doubt many people actually want to be spoiled. You just want to enjoy the ep, but you want some of your fears alleviated and that’s what I want to do. Feel free to take this all with a grain of salt if you’re not into spoilers, but I can personally attest that these spoilers come from a legitimate source. 

First of all the “meta” part of the story is actually pretty cool and isn’t going to be a letdown like I read some claiming. It’s not a copout and it’s not something out of left field. It really makes sense with what has been happening this season and really for the past few seasons. In fact, you can consider the meta aspect more of an arc, and there is a character returning that fans may be happy (or not) to see return. 

Now, another fear I read about is that the finale will be bro-lite, but it’s actually from what I know, it’s going to be one of the most bro-centric episodes you’ve ever seen. In fact, from the scenes she described to me, 9/10 were bro-centered, and the last 5 minutes of the finale will absolutely blow your socks away as a bro fan. I’m talking better than Swan Song, better than all broments combined. There is something specifically from season 5 and Swan Song that gets brought up and addressed in this really cool “meta” / “fandom-y” way. I almost cried when I read about it.

Major spoiler: Three words you’ve waited to hear, bro fans get said. But guess who says them and why?!

Yes, all main characters have a good role, but of course the bros take center stage. Dean has a great role, but Sam gets the shining moment in the finale. There is a “transformation” of sorts that Sam will go through, both within and without. To give a hint: He comes to a conclusion about where he is in life, and what Dean means to him, and he verbalizes it. This doesn’t happen in the final moment, that’s something separate. But it’s close, and it’s a really insightful moment. I heard that it was actually Jared who mentioned Sam saying something like this to the writers last year, and they finally found a way to add it to the script. So, you get a broment that was essentially created by Jared, isn’t that cool?

Other concerns that Cas would be killed or written off, nope. This won’t happen, and in fact, I know a bit about what they are planning for next year based on the last scene of the finale and Cas is absolutely essential. You’ll laugh when you see it, but  he’s connected to the plot quite literally and you won’t be able to untangle him until next season. lol #somanypuns

I heard someone say they are ‘resetting’ the show and this isn’t true. Some parts are being…expanded, I would say, and there is call back to season 1 to show growth, mainly with the brothers, but they aren’t changing anything. You can actually, IMO, see this finale almost like a spinoff episode for next season. It’s the same show, but there are a few unique differences that make it almost like a new iteration of it.

Now, don’t read too much into this, but the episode has a moment in it that is hella gay. No, destiel doesn’t become canon, but yes, some shippers may be happy about this, and some will probably want to forward through this season. Psst..it’s the second to the last scene of the finale…so you literally have to wait, and wait, and wait…for it. But it’s worth it.

Get ready to say goodbye! Someone you’ve come to love will die, permanently thanks to Lucifer, so prepare to say goodbye. 

There is another death, too, but for a minor character.

Well, I’m done with the teaser. If you want more specific details, you’ll have to message me. I am going to try to respond to everyone as long as you are off anon. Please don’t spam or ambush me with a million messages. I’ll get to everyone, but at my own pace. I can’t read messages all day, but I promise to dedicate this weekend to sorting through my DM’s if there are some.

I was vague here to keep the major spoilers sealed because I don’t want to ruin someone’s fun if they dont’ want to be spoiled. If you DM me, I’ll spoil major stuff but on the acknowledgement that you can only share through private means, no posting publicly as that may ruin the finale for people.

I hope the bit about it being bro centric is true. No idea what to make of the rest to be honest - but if it is true it sounds pretty positive.

The bit about Sam getting the shining moment does not surprise me at all. Not even a bitch vs jerk thing, it's just the way it's been all season, so winding it up on the same note is only to be expected. I would've bet money on this the moment Jared mentioned loving the finale.

• Love 2
(edited)

If this source is true (sorry I tend to be a little dubious of so called leaks), could the major character who dies actually be Crowley? I'm just wondering because he is the only one of the main five who doesn't get a mention! Could it be they're trying to avoid false spoilers, but don't want to reveal the death, so he's ignored completely? 

Edited by Wayward Son
7 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Yes, all main characters have a good role, but of course the bros take center stage. Dean has a great role, but Sam gets the shining moment in the finale. There is a “transformation” of sorts that Sam will go through, both within and without. To give a hint: He comes to a conclusion about where he is in life, and what Dean means to him, and he verbalizes it. This doesn’t happen in the final moment, that’s something separate. But it’s close, and it’s a really insightful moment. I heard that it was actually Jared who mentioned Sam saying something like this to the writers last year, and they finally found a way to add it to the script. So, you get a broment that was essentially created by Jared, isn’t that cool?

I hope they don't have Sam host Michael. That will be it for me. For sure. It's what I've always feared would happen.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

If this source is true (sorry I tend to be a little dubious of so called leaks)

Oh me too. I am taking this with a shotgun full of rock salt.

could the major character who dies actually be Crowley?

I think so. He tweeted something that sounded very much like a goodbye when the season wrapped. And if they have signed MP as a regular for next season it could be he is taking over the bad guy role.

1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

I hope they don't have Sam host Michael. That will be it for me. For sure. It's what I've always feared would happen.

I think (assuming this is actually true)it more likely Sam realises he's content to be on the road and he says "I love you" to Dean. I think I've read some fans talking about the fact neither brother has said that to each other (or anyone) on screen before!

I think (assuming this is actually true)it more likely Sam realises he's content to be on the road and he says "I love you" to Dean.

Thats what I assumed by the heading about the 3 words. Though I'd be surprised if they went there before the series finale.

Just now, Jakes said:

Cas connected to the plot literally?  What?

Maybe he gets taken over by / becomes the vessel of the Nephilim. After all accommodating a baby / toddler on the show will be tricky. They may need a device to get him to grow up quick.

1 minute ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Thats what I assumed by the heading about the 3 words. Though I'd be surprised if they went there before the series finale.

Well, we had Cas say I love you to the brothers and Mary, so perhaps that was meant as some sort of foreshadow of the brothers saying it to each other! 

14 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Yes, all main characters have a good role, but of course the bros take center stage. Dean has a great role, but Sam gets the shining moment in the finale. There is a “transformation” of sorts that Sam will go through, both within and without.

2 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Me too - but I don't see any hint of that in these spoilers. Plus he isn't Michael's vessel so how would that even work?

The bolded part is a big red flag, IMO.

1 minute ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Maybe he gets taken over by / becomes the vessel of the Nephilim. After all accommodating a baby / toddler on the show will be tricky. They may need a device to get him to grow up quick.

That was my thought as well! I've been speculating the death of Cas for a while, and I wonder if this is a half truth. Cas dies but his body is used by the nephilim so his body remains linked to the main plot! 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Maybe Sam gets taken over by the Nephilim. He was Lucifer's vessel, so why not his son's.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

Get ready to say goodbye! Someone you’ve come to love will die, permanently thanks to Lucifer, so prepare to say goodbye. 

I hope its not Mary.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

That was my thought as well! I've been speculating the death of Cas for a while, and I wonder if this is a half truth. Cas dies but his body is used by the nephilim so his body remains linked to the main plot! 

Well not according to this--says Cas not written off or killed.  So whatever happens, Cas stays...IF this is right!

2 minutes ago, goldy said:

I hope its not Mary.

Seems according to this either Mary or Crowley dies...I say Mary--it's been my prediction all along.

Edited by Jakes
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe Sam gets taken over by the Nephilim. He was Lucifer's vessel, so why not his sons.

I knew it was going to be just another iteration of Swan Song, so who knows.

1 minute ago, Jakes said:

Well not according to this--says Cas not written off or killed.  So whatever happens, Cas stays...IF this is right!

Yeah, that's why I said maybe the articles a half truth! Cas' essence / grace is destroyed, but his body lives on via nephilim control. Technically his body would be sticking around and linked intimately to the plot! 

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Yeah, that's why I said maybe the articles a half truth! Cas' essence / grace is destroyed, but his body lives on via nephilim control. Technically his body would be sticking around and linked intimately to the plot! 

Now I think you're stretching it--lol!  Cas not dying would mean his essence not just merely the body.  But if this spoiler is wrong--you may still be right.

I THINK I GOT THE CAS PART--Cas takes over the pregnancy of Lucy Junior!!  CAS BECOMES PREGNANT.  Literally connected to the plot!  That would be absolutely hilarious.  Remember this source said you won't be able to untangle Cas from the plot--a cord I believe.

Edited by Jakes
(edited)

From those spoilers, the finale sounds like any shippers' or Samfans' dream episode to me; as for the rest of fandom, I think they're actually encouraging any other segments to just give up the show already.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

From those spoilers, the finale sounds like any shippers' or Samfans' dream episode to me; as for the rest of fandom, I think they're actually encouraging any other segments to just give up the show already.

The question is which ship? Destiel or Wincest? Or one of the smaller ships haha

I think the spoilers sound legit. And completely obnoxious.

So something specifically from 5.22 gets brought up, great, my most hated episode ever. I try very hard to forget that exists and don`t cherish reminders.

Sam goes through a transformation? Well, possessed by the Nephilim or inexplicably hosting Michael or getting his powers back, all possible at this point.

Cas being essential is easy to guess right now. They`ve build up his part with Kelly/Nephilim.

Dean will apparently be around. Great role, my ass.    

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I wouldn't overreact, this all could be false.  Even if true may play out differently than how it was typed up.

Those spoilers fit the over all pattern of Berens/Dabb episodes so they are probably right. 

They also fit with Jared saying he was surprised they went there and he's excited by it.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1