Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Let me guess, it`s the "Alpha" Hellhound or something? Sam will kill him anyway.

Also, seeing as they brought up the "deal with rogue hunters" thing in the last ep, I wonder if Dean is the one dragged away by the BMOL at some later point. Mary would just stand, watch and nod along at this point.   

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

That would actually be an interesting turn of events.     With HMSS going after Dean for getting into their way.  I would love it if Dean turned out to be one of the five things, after all he can kill death without consequences.   But the writers would never let Dean be that special. 

It will never happen thought because the writers would actually have to write for Dean.

50 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

This Mary would probably pontificate how he can`t be saved in this life before shooting him right in the head herself. It would be totally in line with the character right now IMO.

21 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The way this season is shaping up, I feel like its far more likely that Sam will turn Mick and Dean will... got lost somewhere on some back stretch of road. 

There's no spoilers in any of the things I've emphasized. Can we please stick to the actual spoilers and not devolve into yet another place where people just rant disrespectfully about writers and characters?

NOTE: I found myself engaging yesterday in non-spoiler talk as well so I can understand how easy it is.  But I'm going to ask a mod for help as the forum is really starting to degrade to the point of no longer enjoyable.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`m confused. I thought Mick was the guy who was with Sam in the last episode?

Yes, sorry, I meant Ketch...my brain is not working quite right yet today. 

So to clarify: I think Mr. Ketch's tour of duty in the States has shown him he can still be a psychopath and kill things without the MoL and he doesn't care for the stuffed shirts anyway, so... .

28 minutes ago, SueB said:

There's no spoilers in any of the things I've emphasized. Can we please stick to the actual spoilers and not devolve into yet another place where people just rant disrespectfully about writers and characters?

NOTE: I found myself engaging yesterday in non-spoiler talk as well so I can understand how easy it is.  But I'm going to ask a mod for help as the forum is really starting to degrade to the point of no longer enjoyable.

Thank you I so agree.

• Love 6
(edited)

Just seen the promo..

Cas appears for about a second. Good to know not to expect him to be in more than a scene or two.

Based on both the promo and some stills released it seems like Crowley and Dean will be the key characters this week. I think those two can bounce well off each other so I'm pleased with that. 

ETA: (Just to make sure I stay on topic of spoilers... although I wasn't complaining just observing) 

I'm a little bit "eh" about the whole "the" hellhound. Unless they're going to amaze us and make it "the hellhound" that ripped Dean to shreds long ago I'm not interested. Some alpha hound sounds eye roll worthy to me.

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2

Unless they're going to amaze us and make it "the hellhound" that ripped Dean to shreds long ago I'm not interested. Some alpha hound sounds eye roll worthy to me.

I don`t think they are going to reference Dean being ripped apart by a hellhound. Jensen might pepper in some silent acting but I do not expect dialogue. And likely it was just some random hellhound. There would be no reason for Crowley - who at least had his own pet hellhound - to sound so wow-ed with the "THE hellhound". That`s what makes me think it`s the first of its kind or something. Maybe going "rogue".  

15 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I'm a little bit "eh" about the whole "the" hellhound. Unless they're going to amaze us and make it "the hellhound" that ripped Dean to shreds long ago I'm not interested. Some alpha hound sounds eye roll worthy to me.

I really like this idea. 

I am looking forward to Dean and Crowley scenes.  I've missed the two of them together.  Someone asked if Dean and Crowley's partnership was over at a con and Mark said something about watching the rest of the season.  I figured he was trolling as he often does. (Anyone whose ever seen a Mark Sheppard Con panel knows that not a complaint). But good to see he was telling the truth.

Plus, the glasses are back. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don`t think they are going to reference Dean being ripped apart by a hellhound. Jensen might pepper in some silent acting but I do not expect dialogue. And likely it was just some random hellhound. There would be no reason for Crowley - who at least had his own pet hellhound - to sound so wow-ed with the "THE hellhound". That`s what makes me think it`s the first of its kind or something. Maybe going "rogue".  

22 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I really like this idea. 

I am looking forward to Dean and Crowley scenes.  I've missed the two of them together.  Someone asked if Dean and Crowley's partnership was over at a con and Mark said something about watching the rest of the season.  I figured he was trolling as he often does. (Anyone whose ever seen a Mark Sheppard Con panel knows that not a complaint). But good to see he was telling the truth.

Plus, the glasses are back. 

Oh I don't expect they will make this connection canon. It was more of a sarcastic musing while I commented on how not exciting I find the concept of alpha hellhound haha.

I do love that the glasses are back and we are getting some Crowley / Dean interaction though. 

So does this mean that Dean can still hear hellhounds even if he can't see them without the glasses. That will remain my head! Canon until they rip it from my cold dead head.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

So does this mean that Dean can still hear hellhounds even if he can't see them without the glasses. That will remain my head! Canon until they rip it from my cold dead head.

It's been a while since I watched Trial and Error, so it might contradict me, but as far as I remember he could only hear them back in season 3 because he was "piercing the veil". Was there a point after that he could hear them? 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

It's been a while since I watched Trial and Error, so it might contradict me, but as far as I remember he could only hear them back in season 3 because he was "piercing the veil". Was there a point after that he could hear them? 

I'm convinced he's heard them ever since he got out of Hell.

He seemed to always react and look towards the direction of them when they growled before the camera focused on their location ( I. E. When Meg showed up with them and with Crowley in s5 as well as s9 when Juliette was after them and again in s11 when the wrestlers hellhound came for him. I'll never be convinced he doesn't hear them until someone proves he can't.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm convinced he's heard them ever since he got out of Hell.

He seemed to always react and look towards the direction of them when they growled before the camera focused on their location ( I. E. When Meg showed up with them and with Crowley in s5 as well as s9 when Juliette was after them and again in s11 when the wrestlers hellhound came for him. I'll never be convinced he doesn't hear them until someone proves he can't.

Ah fair enough. Thanks for clarifying that <333

It's a good thing I have a full series rewatched planned for this year because I definitely need it haha.

20 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

If Mark Pellegrino's Lucifer is the permanent vessel I hope he gets some new clothes this season. Hasn't he been wearing that getup since season 5? Shallow, I know *shrugs*

HA! Shouldn't his clothes have been rotting away by now or did Crowley's super special saving thing fix his clothing?

• Love 2

And in a shocking and totally unpredictable turn of events (sarcasm) Lucifer is free again. Sigh. How often are we going to go down this road with him? He has lost his menace now. He is too familiar. He needs to be permanently put back in his Cage and out of the story.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

HA! Shouldn't his clothes have been rotting away by now or did Crowley's super special saving thing fix his clothing?

Seriously! How can Lucifer be formidable looking like a hobo???

19 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

And in a shocking and totally unpredictable turn of events (sarcasm) Lucifer is free again. Sigh. How often are we going to go down this road with him? He has lost his menace now. He is too familiar. He needs to be permanently put back in his Cage and out of the story.

This times ten thousand!!!!

• Love 2

Taking out Lucifer once and for all will be the only time that I will gladly accept the help of the BMOL and all of their super spectacular monster killing machines.  If they have one for really nuking this asshat, sign me up!

I'm pretty sure that Sam is going to try and infiltrate the BMOL, not work with them.  I think Dean's "pick a side" speech got to him.  That and having Mary go behind their backs.  I think that Sam, at least at this point in his life, is not going to go over to the bad guys side behind Dean's back.  They've become too much of a team this season for that kind of betrayal.  BTW I think Mr. Ketch is a badass character and pretty funny.  I'm also pretty upset that they killed Wally off and made him a wimp.  I thought he had potential to be one of Dean's friends, esp the manner in which he said no to the BMOL.  They need another hunter friend imo.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

I'm pretty sure that Sam is going to try and infiltrate the BMOL, not work with them.  I think Dean's "pick a side" speech got to him.  That and having Mary go behind their backs.  I think that Sam, at least at this point in his life, is not going to go over to the bad guys side behind Dean's back.  They've become too much of a team this season for that kind of betrayal.  BTW I think Mr. Ketch is a badass character and pretty funny.  I'm also pretty upset that they killed Wally off and made him a wimp.  I thought he had potential to be one of Dean's friends, esp the manner in which he said no to the BMOL.  They need another hunter friend imo.

I truly hope you are right about Sam. I have no interest in another Sam is lying to Dean storyline.

• Love 1

Sam's not stupid.  It's obvious that the BMOL have no defensive abilities and only Mr. Ketch to kill people.  Obviously Dean and Cass and Sam make a way stronger team than the BMOL and Sam knows that. He's not going to do another Ruby situation again.  The only thing they do  have is Mr. Ketch kill all the survivors.  And they're intelligence isn't that great because they had the Aaron Douglas hunter sign up with them even though he was on the Alpha Vamps payroll.  My belief is Sam tells Dean what he's doing next episode.  And he tells him he's doing it to watch over their Mom.

21 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

I'm pretty sure that Sam is going to try and infiltrate the BMOL, not work with them.  I think Dean's "pick a side" speech got to him.  That and having Mary go behind their backs.  I think that Sam, at least at this point in his life, is not going to go over to the bad guys side behind Dean's back.  They've become too much of a team this season for that kind of betrayal.  BTW I think Mr. Ketch is a badass character and pretty funny.

This I could get excited about.  I've always been a brother's fan.  I want a strong story for Sam and Dean.  I want real conflict that is unique and ventures into new directions, not just a rehash of the same old thing.  If I want a rehash there is plenty of fanfiction to go read to satisfy that itch.

I actually enjoyed Dean playing with Mr. Ketch.  I think he is the one that can read the entire group better than Sam and Mary.  He does know how to lie and manipulate.  Doesn't make him a killer, but he does use his dark side.  I think the part that Mr. Ketch got to him was the need to kill.  I think Dean is like the soldier that's gone to war and got in the mind set of killing the enemy and when they come back is lost how to deal with those emotions that were set up from the war.  If that makes sense.

It isn't that Dean is a killer, it's that he's been in that state for so long, he now can't turn it off.  So having some monsters to kill gives him a way to release that energy. 

However because he does embrace this dark side of his, he is in the perfect position to figure out everyone's game.  Sam and Mary are still too trusting and just haven't gotten as jaded.  If Sam really remembered his soulless self he might, but he is always the one that sees the bright side.  This isn't something that Dean does.  He's the practical one.

Dean's way of talking to the vamp was honest, he didn't tell her he would let her live, just that it would be quick.

This is my frustration with the show.  They have so many wonderful gems to mine but they don't.  I'm bored with Lucifer so unless they do something really new, I wish they would have just let him die.  I think they think they are doing something they're not. 

I also think they plan more for the binge watcher than the long time fan.  Plus from their perspective, if we are discussing it at all then they've done their job.  If it was bad, no one would be watching.  I'm afraid that's how they measure their success, which sucks.

• Love 3

Mary and Sam joining with the bmol is so OOC it's laughable. These fools build a super secret structure but forget about defence, they're running scared because of a handful of vamps but Sam and mommy dearest immediately sign up because they have some fancy gizmos?  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

I actually enjoyed Dean playing with Mr. Ketch.  I think he is the one that can read the entire group better than Sam and Mary.  He does know how to lie and manipulate.  Doesn't make him a killer, but he does use his dark side.  I think the part that Mr. Ketch got to him was the need to kill.  I think Dean is like the soldier that's gone to war and got in the mind set of killing the enemy and when they come back is lost how to deal with those emotions that were set up from the war.  If that makes sense.

It isn't that Dean is a killer, it's that he's been in that state for so long, he now can't turn it off.  So having some monsters to kill gives him a way to release that energy. 

It makes perfect sense because this is exactly what the show and Jensen himself touched on about Dean's time in Purgatory.   About why he would describe it as pure.  Its just a black/white kill or be killed world.  It was easy to navigate and uncomplicated.

The real world is messy.

I don't think the show is going to go down the secrets and lies route, and if they do it won't be for more than an episode.  I figure Sam will come clean by the end of next week at the latest because set reports for ep 16 have Jensen filming with the actor that plays Mick.

Because if Sam is lying and disappearing, I would think Dean would figure it out pretty quick and it wouldn't be hard to figure out what Sam is up too.  

As for the story, I wouldn't mind seeing Dean develop his relationship with Mr. Ketch further.  I liked their chemistry.

I'm hoping for a reveal that the Brits arent' as efficent as they think they are.  That monsters in England just got smarter, and are better at staying off the radar.

I wonder how Dean and Mary are going to treat each other going forward.  If Dean is still holding her at arms length or is softer towards her. 

Will Dean research what that symbol meant that he noted on Mr. Ketch. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't think the show is going to go down the secrets and lies route, and if they do it won't be for more than an episode.  I figure Sam will come clean by the end of next week at the latest because set reports for ep 16 have Jensen filming with the actor that plays Mick.

The set report spoiler is why we know that Dean finds out. At this point, I don't care how, I'm just glad that it won't be a "secret" after this week's.

I really liked the Dean/Ketch scenes. I love Dean's darker aspect and the thought that he fights against it every day of his life, but that he also knows that it IS a part of him that also makes him so very good at what he does. Ketch, Gordon-these men are what men like Dean could turn into if they allow that darker aspect of theirs to have free rein. Dean doesn't do that. He is a killer, yes, in that he kills because sometimes he has to in order to get the job done but he is not "just" a killer and he doesn't enjoy dishing out pain-although his time in hell likely did a number on his psyche in that way. And IA with 7kstar and ILoveReading  about Purgatory and the B/W aspect of the having to kill there And on some level he knows all of this about himself, too. It's the high that he gets from the hunt and everything about it that both exhilarates and concerns him. But as long as he can maintain any concern, he is saved from being like Ketch right now, a man who simply delights in the hurting and the killing(but especially the hurting) and carries no qualms or concerns whatsoever about that fact.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Will Dean research what that symbol meant that he noted on Mr. Ketch

According to the actor who plays Ketch, no significance to it has been revealed so far. They're probably filming around 17 or 18 now. 

(edited)

It makes perfect sense because this is exactly what the show and Jensen himself touched on about Dean's time in Purgatory.   About why he would describe it as pure.  Its just a black/white kill or be killed world.  It was easy to navigate and uncomplicated

If this was immediately after Purgatory, that would have been a good examination of that mindset but a lot has happened to him since then.IMO, fter 2 years of being on the Kill Kill, Pussycat, Faster Faster train, due to the MoC and being a demon for a hot minute, and then nearly having to blow himself up to save the world, I don't get the impression he's this caged frustrated killer that needs to lop off a vamps head to be happy.  I mean to me this bullshit with Rowena calling him a killer and then Ketch saying it is setting up that trajectory but I can't figure why. And boy oh boy, they better dare not make it because Mom didn't come back and make him sammiches..

I'm nervous about though. That's for sure.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

According to the actor who plays Ketch, no significance to it has been revealed so far. They're probably filming around 17 or 18 now. 

They've just started filming episode 19 :)

20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I mean to me this bullshit with Rowena calling him a killer and then Ketch saying it is setting up that trajectory but I can't figure why.

Me neither-and especially because it seemed like he was truly coming into his own as a hunter in the first half of this season-which I loved. I think that continued in this one, but I, too, am worried that they're going to regress him in some way for "reasons". I'd rather he be the source of reform and/or rebellion in these two Brits(or at least one of them) that he'll likely wind up working with in 16.

• Love 1

Is ep 16 penned by Glynn? Then I have hope for a good Dean-portrayal in it. You could have a scene between Dean and Mick without Dean working for the BMOL. It`s a meeting of convenience, they are forced to team-up for some reason or anything like that. I`m not big on trust but Glynn has earned some IMO.

Then ep 17 is the one very J2-lite and Lucifer/BMOL heavy since J2 missed a week of shooting, right?

I know right now is the one Amanda Tapping directs.  

6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Is ep 16 penned by Glynn? Then I have hope for a good Dean-portrayal in it. You could have a scene between Dean and Mick without Dean working for the BMOL. It`s a meeting of convenience, they are forced to team-up for some reason or anything like that. I`m not big on trust but Glynn has earned some IMO.

Then ep 17 is the one very J2-lite and Lucifer/BMOL heavy since J2 missed a week of shooting, right?

I know right now is the one Amanda Tapping directs.  

Hi @Aeryn13

To answer the bit in bold it is indeed Glynn who wrote episode sixteen. She is also a co-writer for episode 19 (the other writer is Perez and it's the Amanda Tapping directed episode). 

19 is meant to be extremely Cas centric, but maybe Dean has a central role in that story too. Could explain why they've been teamed together.. Perez for Cas, Glynn for Dean and then they both like Sam and can share him haha 

To answer the bit in bold it is indeed Glynn who wrote episode sixteen. She is also a co-writer for episode 19 (the other writer is Perez and it's the Amanda Tapping directed episode). 

19 is meant to be extremely Cas centric, but maybe Dean has a central role in that story too. Could explain why they've been teamed together.. Perez for Cas, Glynn for Dean and then they both like Sam and can share him haha 

Thanks for the info. 

I remember now, ep 19 is about Cas but in a way the other two episodes weren`t. And there were hints to a "transformation" or a new version of some kind. Yeah, I`d feel much better if Glynn just writes everything Dean is involved in if they have to have a team-up.

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

IA about Glynn by my stomach is shot from Perez and he's writing 15, too. Ergh.

Not looking forward to Lucifer's return at all, and I wonder if Mother Mary will be with the Brits in that one. That's a trio I could do without.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Thanks for the info. 

I remember now, ep 19 is about Cas but in a way the other two episodes weren`t. And there were hints to a "transformation" or a new version of some kind. Yeah, I`d feel much better if Glynn just writes everything Dean is involved in if they have to have a team-up.

My best guess is that the episode was originally Glynn's, but since it was Cas centric she requested help or was told that Perez would be aiding her. Since Cas wasn't/won't be present in any of her solo episodes it's probably too much to ask her to write him in depth so soon. 

It looks to me like Berens is helping on 19. My guess is it was a Berens' episode--he would be next in rotation--but probably needed to focus on the penultimate episode and handed it off to Glynn. 

A rundown of episodes going forward. Source mostly from here: http://ibelieveinthelittletreetopper.tumblr.com/post/147242139088/supernatural-season-12-spoiler-sheet

12.15 Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

• Written by: Davy Perez
  • Director:  Nina Lopez Corrado
  • Filming Dates: January 13 - January 24
  • Airdate: March 9
  • Castiel? Yes. Crowley? Yes.
  • Guest stars: Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer), Marc Senior (Victor), 

12.16 Untitled [Or, I just can't find it listed anywhere yet]

• Written by: Meredith Glynn
  • Director:  Amyn Kaderali
  • Filming Dates: January 25 - February 3
  • Airdate: April 6
  • Castiel? No. Crowley? No.
  • Guest stars: Kathryn Love Newton (Claire Novak), Adam Fergus (Mick), Ryan McDonnell (Connor), Abby Ross (Hayden Foster), Miranda Frigon (Abby’s mom), Manoj Sood (Doctor).

12.17 The British Invasion

• Written by:  Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Lemming
  • Director:  John F. Showalter
  • Filming Dates: February 6 - February 16 (no filming Monday 2/13 for Family Day (Canada))
  • Airdate: April 13
  • Castiel? No. Crowley? Yes. [Looks like possibly light on Sam and Dean.
  • Guest stars: Samantha Smith (Mary Winchester), David Haydn-Jones (Mr. Ketch), Courtney Ford (Kelly Kline), Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer), Ali Ahn (Dagon)

12.18 Title not clear yet

• Written by: John Bring
  • Director:  Phil Sgriccia
  • Filming Dates: February 17 - February 28
  • Airdate: April 20
  • Castiel? No. Crowley? No.
  • Guest stars: David Haydn Jones (Mr. Ketch), Aliesha Pearson (Carmen), [Briana Buckmaster (Donna) was scheduled, but has since said she's not in it]

12.19  Title unknown as of yet (Currently filming)

• Written by:  Robert Berens and Meredith Glynn
  • Director:  Amanda Tapping
  • Filming Dates: March 1  - March 10
  • Airdate: April 27
  • Castiel? Yes. [Interesting note: it's Misha's 100th credit on the show and seems very Cass-centric] Crowley? Possibly
  • Guest stars: Courtney Ford (Kelly Kline),

12.20 Title Unknown as of yet

• Written by: Steve Yockey
  • Director:  Richard Speight Jr
  • Filming Dates: March 13  - 22
  • Airdate: May 4
  • Castiel? Possibly. Crowley? Probably not. [Could be Sam-lite, baby due around this time]

12.21 Title unknown as of yet

• Written by:  Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Lemming
  • Director:  
  • Filming Dates: March 23 - April 3
  • Airdate: May 11
  • Castiel? Probably Crowley? Probably

12.22 Title unknown as of yet

• Written by: Robert Berens 
  • Director:  
  • Filming Dates: April 4 - April 13
  • Airdate: May 18
  • Castiel? Probably Crowley? Probably

12.23 Title unknown as of yet

• Written by: Andrew Dabb
  • Director:  
  • Filming Dates: April 14 - April 26
  • Airdate: May 25
  • Castiel? Probably  Crowley?  Probably

So ep 16 is the one with Claire. Assuming she is hunting, would the BMOL make a play for her? Granted she is young but that might give them the impression she can be easily formed to their needs. 

Ketch doesn`t seem to be in it and apparently he is their resident hunter. But Mick is and he does recruiting drives. The scene between Dean and him could be Dean telling him that is fucking low to go for teenagers.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

It looks to me like Berens is helping on 19. My guess is it was a Berens' episode--he would be next in rotation--but probably needed to focus on the penultimate episode and handed it off to Glynn. 

12.19  Title unknown as of yet (Currently filming)

• Written by:  Robert Berens and Meredith Glynn
  • Director:  Amanda Tapping
  • Filming Dates: March 1  - March 10
  • Airdate: April 27
  • Castiel? Yes. [Interesting note: it's Misha's 100th credit on the show and seems very Cass-centric] Crowley? Possibly
  • Guest stars: Courtney Ford (Kelly Kline)

That explanation makes sense @DittyDotDot

I don't mean any offence to Glynn because I do think she's a good writer, but it's  always struck me as an odd choice to give her a Cas centric episode when she has never written him before. Makes sense that it was actually a Berens episode but she was called into help last minute. 

Also major mistake on my part... I thought it was Perez not Berens she'd be working with... Whoops haha

15 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I don't mean any offence to Glynn because I do think she's a good writer, but it's  always struck me as an odd choice to give her a Cas centric episode when she has never written him before. Makes sense that it was actually a Berens episode but she was called into help last minute. 

My understanding is, they have general a rotation with the writers on this show. Sometimes it's the writer's own pitch or interest they get to write--especially if it's a stand alone--but more-often-than-not who writes what episode is determined by the rotation. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Thank you.  The actor has a close up of it as a header.  Hopefully it will means something or at least we see Dean trying to figure out if it means something.  They made a point to show Dean noticing it. 

I wonder if this British Men of Letters thing is going to carry over into next season.  We don't have that many episodes left and there is still Lucifer and Lucifer's spawn to deal with.   So many loose threads, and I hope the writers don't try to cram it all in.

Are we having 23 eps this year?  I was under the impression that there would only be 22 (I seem to remember hearing that way back at the beginning of the season, so I may be mis-remembering, or it may have changed.)  

ETA: Found this in a TV line article back in August:

Other topics covered during the CW boss’ TCA appearance:

* UPDATED: Supergirl is back for 23 episodes, The Flash, Arrow and Supernatural all have 22-episode orders, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is back for 13 and Legends Season 2 currently has a 13-episode order which could grow. Returning midseason shows The Originals, The 100 and iZombie will be back for 13 episodes each, while Reign may get as many as 16.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/11/the-cw-new-superhero-series-arrow-spinoff-2017/

I thought it was determined that they were doing 23 episodes this season.  I remember having this discussion before the season began, as there was conflicting information.  But I thought the final determination was 23?  I could be mistaken, but I hope not.  We need all the episodes we can get to tidy up the messes.  

If they have to carry something over to next season, I'd be fine with the BMOL.  Mainly because I do not want to have to deal with Lucifer for one more season.  Something tells me I'm going to be disappointed, however.

10 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Are we having 23 eps this year?  I was under the impression that there would only be 22 (I seem to remember hearing that way back at the beginning of the season, so I may be mis-remembering, or it may have changed.)  

ETA: Found this in a TV line article back in August:

Other topics covered during the CW boss’ TCA appearance:

* UPDATED: Supergirl is back for 23 episodes, The Flash, Arrow and Supernatural all have 22-episode orders, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is back for 13 and Legends Season 2 currently has a 13-episode order which could grow. Returning midseason shows The Originals, The 100 and iZombie will be back for 13 episodes each, while Reign may get as many as 16.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/11/the-cw-new-superhero-series-arrow-spinoff-2017/

That was a misprint of some sort, Jim Michaels confirmed they have 23 episodes not long after that article came out.