Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Last person to talk to Luci in the cage was Azazel - who slaughtered a dozen nuns on Holy ground to do it.  I'm thinking Dean is not down for anything like that.

Ah, you beat me to it.  I was just about to mention this myself.  

I have no idea if the show is going to revisit Lucifer.  I can, however, imagine Sam's epic bitchface just before he says, "Not him again!"

• Love 4

God forbid they bring him to earth somehow THROUGH the Mark. I don't know how that would happen and they haven't brought up anything like that on the show, I just keep thinking that if Dean gets Lucifer's power through the Mark, then what does Lucifer get *from* Dean (or Cain) through it?

Hmm, what does Lucifer get out of it? Could he be feeding off the power of Dean's soul? Maybe growing stronger by gobbling up and corrupting his brother's vessel, the righteous man, so that he can escape the cage again. After all there was a way to throw him back in and Gabriel, who Lucifer claimed to teach all of his tricks knew it. Maybe this is his plan C or D.

Putting this here because it might be slightly spoilery depending on which episode they are shooting.

Pretty sure that's Jensen and Misha

Jensen AcklesVerified account ‏@JensenAckles

Just enjoying another manly moment on the set of #SupernaturaI

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/575115931497574400

...and Misha responds.  These fuckers are gonna be the death of me.  LOVE them

Misha CollinsVerified account ‏@mishacollins

Yet another manly moment with @jensenackles.

https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/575119897551724544

And BTW, Jensen looks like frakking Barishnikov with that leap and form. 

Edited by catrox14
And BTW, Jensen looks like frakking Barishnikov with that leap and form. 

The pink cursed ballet slippers in "Out With the Old" did want Dean to put them on.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1

The pink cursed ballet slippers in "Out With the Old" did want Dean to put them on.

Jensen can definitely dance. He was Tony in West Side Story in high school so he had to be able to dance at least a little bit...and the con videos...that boy can move his hips...holy moly.

• Love 1

The actress who plays Claire was also spotted on set tonight. My excitement level for 10.20 just hit an all time low.

Damn. :(.   But on the plus side, it does have Dean and Cas together soooo yay?  I swear to gods if Cas dies saving Claire from herself....oh fuck no.....

I'm not the biggest Cas fan, so that's not really a plus side for me haha. I don't dislike him or anything, I'm just bored pretty much every time he's been on screen this season.

I try not to judge too harshly before I see the episodes, but this one looks pretty Cas heavy so far which usually means less SamnDean togetherness, so...yeah, not looking forward to that. I'm hoping I'm wrong though!

Seeing some silly controversy on tumblr over those tweets.

--that Jensen is a dick for tweeting pics with Misha and not Jared...(good grief).  Hey SPNfandom Jared is also besties with Stephen Amell /roll eyes at that stupid things in this fandom sometimes.

--that Misha and Jensen are dicks for posting those and are trolling Destiel fans.

I'm not the biggest Cas fan, so that's not really a plus side for me haha. I don't dislike him or anything, I'm just bored pretty much every time he's been on screen this season.

I try not to judge too harshly before I see the episodes, but this one looks pretty Cas heavy so far which usually means less SamnDean togetherness, so...yeah, not looking forward to that. I'm hoping I'm wrong though!

I have no problem with less Sam and Dean for an episode because it's been pretty heavy Sam and Dean all season.  Plus it's probably going to have something with Sam off on his own since Carver said Sam is going to have his own journey in the back half of season and it may just be giving Jared some time off too. Just like About a Boy have Jensen a little more time off.

See, I think every episode should be Sam and Dean heavy. I watch the early seasons and miss those days so much. But I know now that we're 10 years in we need to expand their world a bit and focus on other characters. I just don't really care about the other characters as much. Like Crowley and Rowena are KILLING me this season.

And Claire? Ugh. Just...ugh. Probably one of the worst storylines they've ever done. I do not care about teenager angst. She was annoying and unnessesary. Now she's back for some reason. Did I say ugh? Because, ugh.

Anyway. I know Jared filmed some of 10.20 last week. He was seen flying back to Vancouver today, so I don't know if he filmed at all today, but he probably will tomorrow. I wonder what Sam is up to while Cas and Dean are hanging out with Claire.

I love/hate Crowley and I do want Dean to stab Crowley in the face.  But for me Cas and Crowley are as integral to the show now as Dean and Sam.  It feels like they are trying to have it all.  The Sam and Dean show and the Crowley and the Cas show and IMO they've lost the thread of integrating them properly with the boys. It's so weird.  

While I'll never see Cas or Crowley as integral to the show as Sam and Dean are, I agree that the writers seem to really be struggling with what to do with putting them in Sam and Dean's world. I'm hoping it gets better. At least in the promo we have Crowley saying he has the boys where he wants them. I'm thinking he's pissed off now after what happened in the last episode. I'm ready for him to be evil again. Rowena is really dragging him down. Hopefully when the Winchesters get involved with their story it becomes more interesting.

Also, that small clip of Sam and Cas doing some sort of seance looks pretty interesting. I wonder what that's all about. I also like to see Sam and Cas scenes. Their relationship should be explored more, I think.

So outside of the Claire stuff, things do look promising.

Edited by kimrey

While I'll never see Cas or Crowley as integral to the show as Sam and Dean are, I agree that the writers seem to really be struggling with what to do with putting them in Sam and Dean's world. I'm hoping it gets better. At least in the promo we have Crowley saying he has the boys where he wants them. I'm thinking he's pissed off now after what happened in the last episode. I'm ready for him to be evil again. Rowena is really dragging him down. Hopefully when the Winchesters get involved with their story it becomes more interesting.

Also, that small clip of Sam and Cas doing some sort of seance looks pretty interesting. I wonder what that's all about. I also like to see Sam and Cas scenes. Their relationship should be explored more, I think.

So outside of the Claire stuff, things do look promising.

Oh don't get me wrong.  Cas and Crowley are not more or even as  important as Sam and Dean, clearly. Just they are integral more so than supporting essentially. Obviously, the show is dead without Sam and Dean.

Oh I bet that's when Dean kills him. That would be about right, timing wise. He'll kill Crowley before that. I'm going to hate this. Hate, hate, hate.

Well Misha said 'will be the death of me'. I'm more worried about spoiler baiting than anything else.

The actress who plays Claire was also spotted on set tonight. My excitement level for 10.20 just hit an all time low.

Maybe Cas gets back the sliver of his grace that's inside Claire? Maybe the title Angel Heart has a double meaning (Cas gets his grace back, but then maybe dies?). Or, like I theorized earlier, Dean will actually kill Cas but Cas is later resurrected - unbeknownst to Dean - via the bit of his grace from Claire.

While I love those two pictures, I admit that I'm worried. Jensen in particular really seems to distance himself from all the shipping that involves his character, so for him to post a picture of him and Misha, dressed as Cas and Dean, all chummy at a sunset? Yeah...I feel like that's an advance peace offering to fans of that pairing (whichever way one likes it) because Cas will die. I'm seeing that pic as a kind of send-off, and I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

I am honestly truly scared that the show will finally kill off Cas for good. I could see them saying S11 will be the last and they'll return to its roots (Sam and Dean), having offloaded Crowley and Cas by the end of S10. 

Ugh. I just depressed myself.

I will definitely have to spoil the crap out of myself for Angel Heart...something tells me that I won't be able to handle watching it...

Edited by NoWillToResist

am honestly truly scared that the show will finally kill off Cas for good. I could see them saying S11 will be the last and they'll return to its roots (Sam and Dean), having offloaded Crowley and Cas by the end of S10.

This is what I'm afraid of, too.  I've gotten myself completely convinced of it, in fact, so if doesn't go down that way, think how overjoyed I will be!

This is what I'm afraid of, too.  I've gotten myself completely convinced of it, in fact, so if doesn't go down that way, think how overjoyed I will be!

I don't think that they're trying to wrap up Crowley's story -- if anything imo they're trying to integrate him more.

But Cas seems like he's on his way out somehow. Like I've said before, Hannah's exit seemed like foreshadowing to me, and bringing in Claire and wrapping up the loose ends of Jimmy's life also makes me feel like they're wrapping up Cas's story altogether. I sorta/kinda wonder if they're going to have Cas trade places with Jimmy (bring him back from heaven and install him in Cas's re-constituted Jimmy!Body somehow). Maybe there's some way to "kill" Cas but bring Jimmy back (and therefore, keep Misha on the show).

But my spec has also been that Crowley is going to be ousted as King of Hell and made human by the end of the season, and I don't really think that *both* will be human...so who knows.

I don't think that S11 will be the last season if the network has any say in it. The ratings have been good and SPN is an anchor show on a network that could use more rather than less of those. If TVD is closing up shop, they're going to be even more desperate to keep SPN going.

Tbh, I have no idea what JA and JP's perspectives might be on the prospect of continuing the show past S11. They seem like ultra-responsible people, so ordinarily I would think that they'd have trouble saying no to a stable job like this while they've got young families to take care of, but on the other hand, they must have buckets of money by now and probably could be financially comfortable for the rest of their lives without ever working again, so...no idea.

I was reading somewhere that they make $175K per episode and Jensen a bit more with directing occasionally, so that's like 4M a year just from the show alone.  Assuming they are astute business people and have wise investments and the money they make from con appearances and other stuff....methinks the boys are doing just fine.  :)

Quoting myself from the episode thread but maybe this is okay for spoilers and spec too

Soooo, I was reading comments elsewhere and someone made an observation that Dean could have stabbed himself in the leg instead of stabbing Cain with the FB...which is why we heard that squishy sound. The evidence was that Dean had blood on his leg when he walked down the stairs that wasn't there at all during the fight.  If you look at his legs right before he moves to stab Cain his pants are basically clean.  But when he rounds the corner on the stairs you can see a spot on his jeans that might be a shadow or could be a blood stain.   Or maybe it's blood from Jared's leg where Jensen accidentally stabbed him when he fell into his arms and they maybe shot that scene again.  I don't know but it's a great theory.

So, if Cain is alive this can still go so many directions. They might have planned to kill off Misha but with the renewal maybe extend his death until next season. 

*Has* there been any confirmation that Misha and/or Mark will return next season?

(Though I get that publicizing that info kind of takes away the uncertainty of the characters' fates and TPTB could view it as spoiling the show by revealing that)

Seems like every year, around this time, Cas fans are worried about his fate. But with the Cain prophecy and the "Angel Heart" title, it's extra nerve wracking this year! :)  Can't remember when the announcement usually comes through though...

Edited by NoWillToResist

I remember something about Misha saying he'd signed on for multiple seasons (or something along those lines) back when it was annouced he'd be a regular again in season 10. I don't know how official that is though.

Either way, I really doubt they're going to kill Cas off.

• Love 1

Sigh.  I knew Jensen tweeting the pics of him and Misha on set would land him in hot water.  Destiel fans think he's baiting and Wincesters/BROSonly think he's trolling them when all he really wanted to do was post some cool pics with Misha.

I swear there are some seriously messed up fans out there that take this way too seriously.  Some are calling for him to get bombarded with questions about Destiel at the VegasCon. 

This makes me...sad.

• Love 1

Sigh.  I knew Jensen tweeting the pics of him and Misha on set would land him in hot water.  Destiel fans think he's baiting and Wincesters/BROSonly think he's trolling them when all he really wanted to do was post some cool pics with Misha.

I swear there are some seriously messed up fans out there that take this way too seriously.  Some are calling for him to get bombarded with questions about Destiel at the VegasCon. 

This makes me...sad.

I know. I totally understand the Destiel love that some have.  But if Jensen says he's playing Dean as straight and they push that no, he's playing a "bi" character -- that's basically saying he's doing a poor acting job.  How do they not see that?

BTW, I think Jared may have put a little potential spoiler in this interview about his T-shirt campaign: http://www.people.com/article/jared-padalecki-supernatural-always-keep-fighting-gilmore-girls-interview

When talking about whether Sam will hunt or do research, he basically said 'whatever it takes'.  But then he adds this bit:

In the meantime, the Men of Letters library is pretty full and there might be some hidden gems in there!

It's totally a Jared thing to slip in a spoiler there.  I'm still waiting for the Spear of Destiny to show up.

It's totally a Jared thing to slip in a spoiler there.  I'm still waiting for the Spear of Destiny to show up.

I just KNOW there is a Dick joke in there somewhere. 

I know. I totally understand the Destiel love that some have.  But if Jensen says he's playing Dean as straight and they push that no, he's playing a "bi" character -- that's basically saying he's doing a poor acting job.  How do they not see that?

It's even worse than that.  It's not even Destiel shippers, it's Destiel haters that are calling for Jensen to be deliberately baited with Destiel or is Dean bisexual questions specifically to make him sexually uncomfortable which which really strikes me as sexual harassment and is all kinds of fucked up, especially when he's said doesn't and hasn't played Dean as bisexual. 

Edited by catrox14

Sometimes our fandom embarrasses me to no end.  Ugh
We have two male leads who are, by far, some of the most gracious and non-douchey, stand-up guys I've ever come across in the tv world... and yet the crazy's in our fandom are so blatantly rude and obnoxious.  You ever want to really regret something...?  read the comments in Jensen or Jared's twitter postings.  yikes

smh

Anyhoo, I am getting pretty nervous about the end of this season, which is a nice change for me, since I could barely care in the last couple seasons.
I can see TPTB closing out Crowley or Castiel's stories, but I doubt BOTH stories.  It would be nice to *actually* get back to 2 brothers on the road next season, though...

Edited by GirlyGeek
  • Love 1

See, I think every episode should be Sam and Dean heavy. I watch the early seasons and miss those days so much. But I know now that we're 10 years in we need to expand their world a bit and focus on other characters. I just don't really care about the other characters as much. Like Crowley and Rowena are KILLING me this season.

In a lot of ways I feel like those seasons actually had a wider character group than what we have now. Yes there are guest characters, but it always just goes back to the brothers with no one else in their lives, and anyone who shows up to have some time of their own just gets shouted out by fan hate unless they are there to stand behind Sam and Dean for 2 seconds before disappearing.

So, if Cain is alive this can still go so many directions. They might have planned to kill off Misha but with the renewal maybe extend his death until next season. 

If Dean had stabbed himself in the leg like that, wouldn't he have hacked his leg off? He at least would have hurt himself really badly. I think the Blade was definitely supposed to be going into Cain, and that he's supposed to be dead.

For whatever value of "dead," anyway, since considering this is SPN, I think he could very well come back in some other form. For all we know, killing him sent him to take Lucifer's place in the Cage and now Lucifer himself is loose somewhere on earth. Anything could happen, tbh, especially since we still don't know what the point of Lucifer creating the Mark in the first place even was.

LOL. What? I really doubt that they were trolling. Who is hanging out with his coworker for maybe the last time in a while, and decides to tweet lighthearted pictures of themselves acting goofy together, in order to TROLL people? Granted, I don't know Misha or Jensen, but I have a hard time imagining they're *such* gigantic jerks that when they're acting silly/happy it's just in order to mock people.

If Dean had stabbed himself in the leg like that, wouldn't he have hacked his leg off? He at least would have hurt himself really badly. I think the Blade was definitely supposed to be going into Cain, and that he's supposed to be dead.

Why would it cut his leg off? All it had to do was stab himself a little bit to make the squishy sound.  And IF there is remnants of demon!Dean maybe he healed himself.  If Cain is still alive maybe Cain healed him?  I don't think it's that crazy of a theory. 

Until I see Cain's cold dead body....

As to the stupidity of the Jensen controversy, it's seriously nuts.  I prowl around Twitter and Tumblr and there are two people out there that have really gone off the deep end about this. One is a wincester...EWWWW and the other is BROSonly who seem to be really leading the outrage. I just don't fucking understand it and it pisses me off because these guys don't deserve this shit.  sigh. 

Why would it cut his leg off? All it had to do was stab himself a little bit to make the squishy sound.  And IF there is remnants of demon!Dean maybe he healed himself.  If Cain is still alive maybe Cain healed him?  I don't think it's that crazy of a theory. 

Until I see Cain's cold dead body....

How little could you be stabbing your own leg if the gigantic, magical Blade you're using to do that is still making a squishing, stabbing sound going in? The Blade went through Cain's arm like a hot knife through butter, so I can't see it getting stabbed through someone's leg without at least doing something to their artery. Idk, it just seems like that would be a big, dramatic thing -- to pretend to lop someone's head off in an old timey kind of execution, but instead stab your own leg hard enough that you're making squishy stabby sounds while you do it. It's really hard for me to believe that that's what happened, given that there was absolutely no fanfare and Dean didn't suffer a terrible wound (and since his knuckles were all cut up from the fight with Cain, I think that he would have suffered a bad wound if he'd been stabbed in the leg -- he's apparently not healing atm). What reason would Dean even have to go through the ruse? Well, YMMV. Just doing my part to, you know, relentlessly nitpick a fan theory until I grind your hopes that Cain survived down to tiny nubs. But that's it, that's all I've got, I'm done now! :P

Anyway, I think the reason we didn't see Cain's corpse was because they didn't want to show Dean strike a killing blow like that against someone who, while a "bad guy," was pretty humanized. And frankly, I'm glad to not see that. It also makes me think that we're not going to see Dean strike the killing blow against Cas or Crowley, even if one of them bites the dust.

These are basically just guesses, but:  my hunch is that they're trying to bring Cole in as a longer term antagonist, and that even if he bites it in 10.18, he could be back next season as a demon or some other recurring bad guy. They seem to me like they're trying to shoehorn him into the cast. I think that Cas's storyline is closing up, and they're making it so that his work on earth is done (like Hannah's was) -- but they've also been emphasizing lately that *Jimmy's* work on earth isn't (since they're bringing in the Claire storyline). So I think that Cas might die but Jimmy might come back, and they could keep Misha more or less around that way (and they could also keep "Cas's body" sort of on ice that way, ready for Cas's inevitable return. Not that this show worries to much about explaining the logistics of characters' resurrections). I think that Crowley will be one of the white hats by the end of the season. They seem like they're trying really hard to soften up his image. (I think that Cole will likely slip into the black hat vacancy that Crowley will leave behind). Those are just hunches, though, I don't have any interesting evidence to back them up or anything.

This also seems like it's the Season of the Prodigal Monster!Parent, what with Jimmy and Rowena and Cole's nameless dead father all being major plot points. I don't really know where they're going with that, tbh. The thematic link that stands out to me is that even though Claire, Crowley, and Cole seem to see only the person they loved or miss when they think of their parent, the reality is that Claire's "dad" is now just an angel/grace-vampire who stole Jimmy's face, Rowena is a psychopathic witch, and Cole's father was some unknown monster. The person Claire, Crowley, and Cole each miss maybe never even existed, and now only monsters are here in their places regardless. With that in mind, I'm bracing for a horrible reveal about John, lol. Or maybe all this grief over missing/dead parents, and your-parent-is/was-really-a-monster reveals, are just coincidences, and Rowena only got brought in because they're setting up the Grand Coven to be next year's Big Bad? Who knows.

Edited by rue721

It wasn't my theory so I don't really care. I decided right away that until I see Cain's  cold dead completely destroyed sent to wherever it is that demons in their own meatsuits go after the true death's body, Cain isn't dead.

They focused on Dean's face during Cain's alleged execution, but IMO Dean's reactions on his face could be interpreted a couple of ways.  The searching lost look because it's activated the killer again, or that he didn't kill him because he didn't want to activate it again.  Maybe he struck a blow that he thought kill him.  Maybe some weird latent inability to kill his own ancestor stopped him from killing him. The look Dean had when he looked back over his shoulder is ambiguous and left to interpretation just like Dean's face after he pats Cas on the shoulder. 

So nitpick away if you like :)

Edited by catrox14
LOL. What? I really doubt that they were trolling. Who is hanging out with his coworker for maybe the last time in a while, and decides to tweet lighthearted pictures of themselves acting goofy together, in order to TROLL people? Granted, I don't know Misha or Jensen, but I have a hard time imagining they're *such* gigantic jerks that when they're acting silly/happy it's just in order to mock people.

Reminds me of one of my favourite moments from an earlier season's gag reel, where Jensen, Jared and Misha are in a clearing at night, and the three of them just start dancing and goofing off. Someone online set it to the tune of the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy and it was priceless.

I could see Cas trying to break the "Cain cycle" for Dean by leaving Earth (thus making it impossible for Dean to kill him). Not quite sure how it would work for him coming back since Jimmy's body would just be dead meat, rather than a vacated vessel, but, as others have pointed out, the show hasn't usually bothered to explain his previous resurrections, so why worry about such details now? :D

Not quite sure how it would work for him coming back since Jimmy's body would just be dead meat, rather than a vacated vessel, but, as others have pointed out, the show hasn't usually bothered to explain his previous resurrections, so why worry about such details now? :D

He could just take his body with him to heaven, maybe? Castiel (and Raphael and most of the angels) seemed to do that all the time in season 6. It kind of makes sense actually. It's probably much easier to take your meatsuit with you than to have to go back down to earth in somewhat alarming celestial wavelength form, refind your host body, and then get them to say "yes" all over again... especially if maybe they didn't much like it the first time, they then might not be so willing to say yes again - for example Jimmy the second time who said yes only to save his daughter. So I suspect that most angels who would potentially want to visit earth again in the future would just find it easier to keep the meatsuit that they have and take it with him/her to heaven.

#Supernatural 10.17 synopsis "Inside Man" (April 1)

DEAN AND ROWENA FACE OFF AGAINST EACH OTHER — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) follow up on a lead about the Mark of Cain. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) meet.

from Clarissa:http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl60pc

Well, there goes the theory that Dean goes dark in Paint It Black because he has his Rowena confrontation there.  OTOH, Crowley could still get killed. *sigh*

Regarding the photo...I swear, if they have a Cas death scene in the sunset with Clare and Dean there?  I'm gonna just have a crying jag.  I'm serious.  All the ugly crying in the world.

mr0FlgM.jpg

credit: Newgirl pic at http://www.universityprimetime.com/20-things-best-friends-know/

Emergency supplies for Angel heart episode:

-Expensive bottle of wine,

- 12 yr old Scotch (to aid passing out),

- and a tub of chocolate icecream (if it's after Lent...it HAS to be after Lent, I'm not going to survive this level of grief....if it happens...without chocolate).

I'm not saying Cas is going to really die or even pretend to die. I just know that that photo is f*cking killing me with and I'm going to spend the next month + in dread.

Regarding the photo...I swear, if they have a Cas death scene in the sunset with Clare and Dean there?  I'm gonna just have a crying jag.  I'm serious.  All the ugly crying in the world.

...right? Ugh. I am trying to tell myself that they were simply filming a regular, non soul-scarring scene, saw the lovely sunset and said "pretty. Let's take a nice pic and share it with the fans!" and that they are currently scratching their heads in puzzlement and amusement at fans totally fucking losing their collective minds in fear over what it could mean. :D I mean, Jensen shared an old pic of him and Jared on the set and no one lost their shit, to my recollection.

I will be so interested to see what the ratings for Angel Heart will be. Cas fans will tune in due to the promise of Dean/Cas interaction, and I suspect even Cas haters will tune in in the hopes that they'll get to finally witness the end of him. :)

Ugh. Must distance myself emotionally. This is just a tv show. This is just a tv show. I will not suffer an emotional collapse over the (possible) death of a fictional character...

I can understand the fear of killing off Cas (but I don't think they will now that they have an 11the season). If it were ending with 10 seasons, yes I'd be terrified. I'd be worried about the whole cast.  

I was shocked to read how much Jensen and Misha hate is out there. Seriously. 

What detests me about the blowup over the pic, is that it's not even about Cas and Dean. It's actually about Jensen and Misha's friendship.  I mean seriously What the actual fuck? One person has said that she was "hurt" by the picture because it was clear to her that Jensen did it on purpose to hurt those that do not like Misha, as though Misha is an interloper to Jared and Jensen friendship. I wonder if those same people are up in arms about Jared being besties with Stephen Amell? . I am shocked at the amount of Misha hate out there and almost all of it is because he and Jensen are actual friends. Some are so incensed as to now call into question Misha's RandomActs org as being "for profit". 

Some are angry that Jensen made a shirt that said #SPNFamily and made a joke about Don Corleone and have interpreted that means Jensen thinks the SPN family is a mob.  Sigh.  Pretty sure that's not what he meant, but shit after the past few days, I kind of hope he means it that way now.   I'm feeling very sad this morning about fandom:(.  (Present company excluded)

Sorry. Rant over.

Edited by catrox14

It sucks that fans are so ready to be obnoxious to these guys.  Jensen has mad acting skills and I don't doubt that what he tries to convey on screen shows up on screen.  I don't think he was trying to play Dean as bi, but maybe as gentler and with more humor than other straight guys who run into gay guys, or the idea of bromance.  He (Dean) was uncomfortable when Aaron flirted with him in S8, however it looked like he was flattered too.  He said to Sam later, "He's my gay thing," without a hint of resentment or hostility. That line was a simple explanation to Sam and stopped just short of being infused with pride that Aaron would think he was hot.  I do think the way he portrays Dean leaves it open to interpretation whether he would be willing to experiment, but it's hard to argue with the actor's interpretation when he is so perfect at his craft.

• Love 2

What detests me about the blowup over the pic, is that it's not even about Cas and Dean. It's actually about Jensen and Misha's friendship.  I mean seriously What the actual fuck? One person has said that she was "hurt" by the picture because it was clear to her that Jensen did it on purpose to hurt those that do not like Misha, as though Misha is an interloper to Jared and Jensen friendship. I wonder if those same people are up in arms about Jared being besties with Stephen Amell? . I am shocked at the amount of Misha hate out there and almost all of it is because he and Jensen are actual friends.

Yeah, I've never understood the notion that Jensen/Jared and Dean/Sam should always and forever only have each other. It's just something that boggles my mind. If you truly like a person or character, why do you want them to be so alone in the world that they only have ONE person in their lives? I find it extremely disturbing.

IMO life has imitated art where this trio is concerned. Like Dean and Sam, Jensen and Jared are brothers. And Misha is their friend. I do not see why there has to be any conflict there.

I love the SPN fandom but I hate the SPN fandom. It's capable of such generosity and compassion yet such pettiness and spite. I mean, hate on a character all you want. If you think Cas is some interloper in the Winchester story or whatever, so be it. But when that bleeds over into real life, so much so that Jensen is getting shit for daring to be friends with the actor who portrays Cas? What's that thing all the kids are saying these days? "You need Jesus"?  ;)

Bless the cast for putting up with this bullshit.

Ahem. Lemme try and steer my textual purge towards more relevant waters... *sheepish face*

Claire's back. And apparently she's in a scene with "monster" Dean Winchester and her sorta surrogate dad wearing a replica of her actual dad (fucked up Inception?). I am curious to know who sought out whom in this scenario. Did Cas seek out Claire, and Dean, under the Moc influence, sought out Cas? Seems to me that Dean would be doing his damndest to keep AWAY from Cas. Is there a threat to Cas? Has Dean remembered the whole "vessels retain a bit of the angel's grace" and he approaches Claire about restoring her shard to Cas? So many questions...

Edited by NoWillToResist
Has Dean remembered the whole "vessels retain a bit of the angel's grace" and he approaches Claire about restoring her shard to Cas? So many questions...

I'm trying to remember: Does Dean know this or was this just brought up in that episode? Because Dean was off with Crowley in that episode, and I don't know / remember if Sam or Cas shared with Dean what Sam and Castiel were up to in that episode.

Yeah, I've never understood the notion that Jensen/Jared and Dean/Sam should always and forever only have each other. It's just something that boggles my mind. If you truly like a person or character, why do you want them to be so alone in the world that they only have ONE person in their lives? I find it extremely disturbing.

IMO life has imitated art where this trio is concerned. Like Dean and Sam, Jensen and Jared are brothers. And Misha is their friend. I do not see why there has to be any conflict there.

I love the SPN fandom but I hate the SPN fandom. It's capable of such generosity and compassion yet such pettiness and spite. I mean, hate on a character all you want. If you think Cas is some interloper in the Winchester story or whatever, so be it. But when that bleeds over into real life, so much so that Jensen is getting shit for daring to be friends with the actor who portrays Cas? What's that thing all the kids are saying these days? "You need Jesus"?  ;)

Bless the cast for putting up with this bullshit.

Ahem. Lemme try and steer my textual purge towards more relevant waters... *sheepish face*

Claire's back. And apparently she's in a scene with "monster" Dean Winchester and her sorta surrogate dad wearing a replica of her actual dad (fucked up Inception?). I am curious to know who sought out whom in this scenario. Did Cas seek out Claire, and Dean, under the Moc influence, sought out Cas? Seems to me that Dean would be doing his damndest to keep AWAY from Cas. Is there a threat to Cas? Has Dean remembered the whole "vessels retain a bit of the angel's grace" and he approaches Claire about restoring her shard to Cas? So many questions...

Actors have to get tough skin.  I think Jensen can handle it as long as they leave his wife and child out of it.

It does bother me that some fans can be so stupid, but luckily they seem to focus on the positive ones they meet and I have seen Jensen get pretty sharp with fans asking questions he has said is off limits.  The fans have no one to blame but themselves for having those limits show up.

I also know that for some reason every show that deals with close friendships and brothers have fans that go into some weird stuff, Gay I can handle, incest...leave it at the door please.  Why they have trouble with guys just being friends is beyond me...but I'm glad to hear they get along and hope that will continue. 

I know some shows where after a few years the friendships no longer survive and they act it to make the studio happy, but I don't see that with Misha, Jensen and Jared...I agree that they should be allowed to have friends outside of themselves, it makes life more interesting.

I'm not looking forward to Claire, but maybe this time they can tell a story that I care about her...please or let her drift off quietly and quickly.

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 1
(edited)

I could imagine Claire thinking about Cas occasionally and him approaching her because of some issue. I could also see Claire calling Dean if she thinks Cas is in over his head.  She's got Dean's number. 

ETA:  Jared's stuntman Mike tweeted a picture where Jensen's stunt double does a 50ft cannon shot (like Dean is going to get tossed a helluva distance).  I'm guessing that's episode 20.  

Edited by SueB

I'm a little confused now.  SueB, not sure if that was about a current or past episode or something they are using from a past episode?  /scratching head

Jensen Ackles Fan ‏@JensenFan5 20h20 hours ago

"@STUNTCARPY: #deanwinchester stuntman Todd Scott popping a 50ft Air Ram pic.twitter.com/dpBfrweNcl

" WHAT THE   HELL IS HAPPENING TO DEAN THO?!

Mike Carpenter ‏@STUNTCARPY 19h19 hours ago

@JensenFan5 you already saw this in a past season...movie magic

Why Would I Tell? ‏@Phoenix_Ranger 3h3 hours ago

@STUNTCARPY @JensenFan5 What episode in what Season Mike?

Dean got tossed pretty far in 9.23, but he wasn't wearing a suit then. So WTH? It looks like he's flying almost LOL

Yeah, why would Sam be hiding that he's googling Cain & Abel?

Like 90% of that clip I was busy being irritated at Sam's hair, though. Why is it so straight and swing-y? It looks like Elena Gilbert's hair in the early days of Vampire Diaries.

• Love 1