Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

I have never understand then why they don't utilize Cas more...he's in half the eps, but he could be in 2/3rds. He clearly WANTS to work, where as the Js clearly want more time off. Plus he is definitely next in popularity...

Agreed and I’m sure that a lot of fans would appreciate more good stories for Cas instead of cramming more Mark Pelligrino down our throats. Whether he’s Nick or Lucifer I’m beyond sick of him.

• Love 2

TV Line Interview

highlights:

1) Michael is gone and Deannis not possessed but we should be asking WHY Michael is gone.  

2) Scar was something that hurt Michael’s vessel.  What could do that?

3) Nick wasn’t evil until Lucifer took him for a ride.  Now he’s no longer Lucifer but he’s got some mental damage that turned him into someone who would kill. 

4) Typical: Sam probes, Dean suppresses 

My thoughts:

Evil Kaia hurt Michael.

I think Michael’s experimentations may ALSO  be to make an undamage-able vessel.  So he’s looking for a compatible monster that can’t be killed and maybe planning on turning Dean into that monster before he puts on his ‘suit’ again.  

Nick is a foil for Dean.  Nick’s lasting damage turns him psycho but Dean holds up — although we may get worried about him.  Luci wire Nick a really long time. Barely wore Sam. Wore Cas for a long time.  I could see Cas being more immune due to Angel status.  Sam survived due to relative short length.  I think we are supposed to worry about Dean.  

• Love 1

Variety article

So Eugenia lied or bullshitted and the flak from the fear of the Michael story ending was enough for Dabb to try to correct. In either case, I think Michael is still the big driving force for the season and the titlecard is our biggest clue of that as ‘truth’.

Maggie dies under Sam’s leadership (my guess). 

• Love 1

If Michael is "away" for the next 15 episodes, they would need an Interim Big Bad. 

I suppose RL confused the two or conflated the interim Big Bad with Michael AKA The Bigger Big Bad of the season-and this because we'll likely get very little of him until the last few episodes. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

If Michael is "away" for the next 15 episodes, they would need an Interim Big Bad. 

I suppose RL confused the two or conflated the interim Big Bad with Michael AKA The Bigger Big Bad of the season-and this because we'll likely get very little of him until the last few episodes. 

I expect him back by mid season 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SueB said:

I think Michael’s experimentations may ALSO  be to make an undamage-able vessel.  So he’s looking for a compatible monster that can’t be killed and maybe planning on turning Dean into that monster before he puts on his ‘suit’ again.  

Ooh! Ooh! I vote leviathan Dean please! Leviathan Dean was awesome.*** ...Yeah, I know. I'm a bad, bad person. But come on, we'd get Dean back eventually. Can't I have my leviathans back for a while? No? Damn.

*** (And it wouldn't hurt if we got back Dick Roman and Chet either. Don't care why.)

Edited to add - I just thought of this: Theoretically we could have Leviathan Dean with Michael and real Dean at the same time. This would fix that problem of Dean having to be away to be possessed by Michael... Now I really want this to happen.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 6

So i'm not unhappy with new spoilers from Dabb, so i'll talk about them over here rather than bitters--Yes so I thought Michael was totally out of Dean and I also thought the scar has something to do with it.  And also did think Michael is still around and he is--so that story is not done.  I guessed the scar may be from one of Michael's super monsters--possible but the guess others have of Kaia is possible too.

Either way this did not defeat Michael--it just pushed him out of Dean.  Michael is still around.  Could do without all the new hunters around but still very glad especially for Jack and i'm enjoying the Nick story.   Also always like Bobby and Mary is growing on me some.   With Dean, he should have some meaty scenes with Jensen recovering from trauma and becoming his kickass self again...also really enjoyed the preview showing the great Dean personality back--which is the center and heart of the show imo.

• Love 2

A bit late to the party, but Dabb having to do a damage control interview after Ross-Leming's Interview is absolutely priceless.

And the sad fact is that i'd be more tempted to trust Ross-Leming because Dabb's a pathological liar when it comes to the show at this point.

• Love 8

14.04 pics

Jensen is one of the few people who can literally wear a potato sack and still look good, which is the only reason for my yo-yoing between "atrocious" and "radically trend-setting." I'm pretty sure that anyone else wearing this jacket would have looked utterly ridiculous, but it's weirdly chic on him, in an unapologetically tacky sort of way.

tumblr_ph6l4abU7a1ravgwio3_540.jpg

Pictured above: a regular mortal man standing next to Jensen Goddamn Ackles.

tumblr_ph6l4abU7a1ravgwio6_540.jpg

I just wanted to indulge in some eye candy after that awful episode. I apologize for nothing!

• Love 8

It was said the brothers go undercover as nerds but in that case the costume is really bad because while it is a nerd suit, you look up and there is still a super hot guy in it. 

I mean you look at that suit and think Sheldon Cooper but Dean Winchester in it still makes it kinda hot. Nothing about him says TV/movie "nerd".

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Res said:

WKRP?

Yes, and it was actually a great bit, because they had an episode dedicated to why Herb dressed and acted the way he did, and how it actually helped him to sell the adds, Herb was gone for a while, and some of the others tried to do his job without the tacky suits and corny sayings... and the clients didn't like it.

I'm hoping that's going to be a part of what the 300th episode is going to be like. Showing that there's a method to Sam and Dean's madness and if they tried to do it any other way, it wouldn't work as well.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Yes, and it was actually a great bit, because they had an episode dedicated to why Herb dressed and acted the way he did, and how it actually helped him to sell the adds, Herb was gone for a while, and some of the others tried to do his job without the tacky suits and corny sayings... and the clients didn't like it.

I'm hoping that's going to be a part of what the 300th episode is going to be like. Showing that there's a method to Sam and Dean's madness and if they tried to do it any other way, it wouldn't work as well.

I knew I'd heard that name before but before your post I couldn't place it! That was one of my favs!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I actually got that reference... I am old-ish. ; )

And hee!

How does that suit NOT scream Herb Tarlek!? Except he needs a white patent-leather belt, too.

Also: I'm glad some people got that reference!

• Love 1

Okay, I have a new spec.  I'm thinking the"Jason" that Dean thinks is actually a hero is Jason Todd. I am hoping that we find out that Dean really loved Batman Under the Red Hood. Since we know there was a BTS pic of him with the Red Hood costume and today he posted the pics of himself in the Red Hood costume...supposedly  for Halloween.

Please don't let me down on this one show.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Okay, I have a new spec.  I'm thinking the"Jason" that Dean thinks is actually a hero is Jason Todd. I am hoping that we find out that Dean really loved Batman Under the Red Hood. Since we know there was a BTS pic of him with the Red Hood costume and today he posted the pics of himself in the Red Hood costume...supposedly  for Halloween.

Please don't let me down on this one show.

This would fit better with Jensen saying this was his favorite episode thus far. That's not a direct quote but he said something like that in response to a question in one of the panels. I had forgotten about the mannequin photo! I will join you in your hope!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This would fit better with Jensen saying this was his favorite episode thus far. That's not a direct quote but he said something like that in response to a question in one of the panels.

This part gives me some hope.

So hoping that Dean will not shown to be an incompetent hunter in this one.

I'd even rather they depict him as a bit crazed going after the baddie than incompetent.

And hoping he gets the kill, too.

• Love 2

The promo for next week is a little confusing.  They're searching for Maggie and they find their worst nightmares.  So its it a generic worst nightmare, like some bad guy shouting, "I'm your worst nightmare."  or is it individualized? 

If its individualized I hope the writers use some imagination and not just go with cliches, becasue Dean's worst nightmare right now should be Michael taking hold of his again. 

Maybe promo pics will give a more overall direction

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The promo for next week is a little confusing.  They're searching for Maggie and they find their worst nightmares.  So its it a generic worst nightmare, like some bad guy shouting, "I'm your worst nightmare."  or is it individualized? 

If its individualized I hope the writers use some imagination and not just go with cliches, becasue Dean's worst nightmare right now should be Michael taking hold of his again. 

Maybe promo pics will give a more overall direction

I think it's supposed to be the bolded part. IIRC, it was mentioned in an interview, I think-not sure by whom, though.

Maybe this is the one that Dean "dies" in-as JP mentioned at one of the conventions-because Sam's worst nightmare, at this point, should be losing Dean again.

And IA that Dean's should have also changed to what's bolded.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lemuria said:

No photos yet for this upcoming ep, or did I miss them?  (Is it concerning that there are no photos??)

I asked @ScreenSpy just now (2:00 pm Eastern) and she said "Not just yet, but soon!"

So I don't know why they aren't out yet, but they are coming.

Episode 5 's title is Nightmare Logic

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS:  DARE TO DREAM – After a hunt gone wrong leaves Maggie’s (guest star Katherine Evans) whereabouts unknown, Sam (Jared Padalecki) Dean (Jensen Ackles), Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) and Bobby (guest star Jim Beaver) race to find her, but what they find are their own worst nightmares. Darren Grant directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1405). Original airdate 11/8/2018. 

I saw someone say that if it is individual nightmares, Mary`s must be spending time with her sons. Spot on. Though there was apparently a scene shot just with her and Sam and I don`t think this is a nightmare sequence.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I saw someone say that if it is individual nightmares, Mary`s must be spending time with her sons. Spot on. Though there was apparently a scene shot just with her and Sam and I don`t think this is a nightmare sequence.

Maybe it's just spending time with Dean, lol

• Love 3

Ooohhh - let's try to figure out what Dean and Sam's worst nightmares are. The easy answer is each other dying. 

But to be a bit more creative - Sam's nightmare would be becoming a demon; Dean's nightmare would be torturing people. 

28 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Ooohhh - let's try to figure out what Dean and Sam's worst nightmares are. The easy answer is each other dying. 

But to be a bit more creative - Sam's nightmare would be becoming a demon; Dean's nightmare would be torturing people. 

Or Clowns and flying...

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'll expand...

Sam's nightmare would be becoming a demon and Dean having to kill him, while saying he always knew it would turn out that way.

Dean's nightmare would be back under Michael's control, torturing his own family (Sam, Cas, Mary, Jack).

Mary's nightmare - dead sons and it's her fault

AUBobby's nightmare - dead Mary at the hands of Michael!Dean (build up that resentment)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

So if Mary is off with Sam, then that means Dean is probably Nu/OldBobby. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Sam's nightmare would be becoming a demon and Dean having to kill him, while saying he always knew it would turn out that way.

I really don't see this as one of Sam's fears anymore.   He rewrote his own history, and in his mind everything with his powers and the demon blood turned out fine.  He even made it a special point of mentioning it to Dean.  I figure Maggie will either be hurt badly or die.  This will trigger Sam's fear of not being an effective leader. 

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Dean's nightmare would be back under Michael's control, torturing his own family (Sam, Cas, Mary, Jack).

I think there is a potential flashback in this, so I would like to see this but these writers lack imagination and talent.  So I think Dean's fear will be the standard, something happening to Sam.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Mary's nightmare - dead sons and it's her fault

I don't think Mary would lose that much sleep over losing her sons.  She doesn't seem to like them very much.  Probably something happening to Bobby or Jack.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

AUBobby's nightmare - dead Mary at the hands of Michael!Dean (build up that resentment)

Probably losing Mary. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

So if Mary is off with Sam, then that means Dean is probably Nu/OldBobby. 

So whatever his fear, he'll be told to suck it up.

My guess:

Sam: Failing his people, maybe becoming the Boy King

Mary: Likely something to do with her boys (the young ones she loves, not the grown men)

Not!Bobby: Something AU related

Dean: Cats, or small dogs. Maybe flying with a cat.

• Love 3

Actually, scratch that:

Dean: Cats, or small dogs. Maybe flying with a cat.

Dean was comic relief in the last episode, so this one will likely reinforce the weak/stupid Dean theme. Michael re-possessing him despite his objections, killing a bunch of innocents. Given it's Glynn, it will probably be one or more of his family/friends.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I want to know why he's dressed like Michael? 

You (general you) would think someone would have told Bobby to ditch that outift so he wouldn't trigger Dean.

Why is Mary wearing Cas' trenchcoat? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yes!  I thought that would be the first comment!

Not gonna lie, I scrolled past the Momby and Mary pics too quickly to notice what she was wearing. #Sorrynotsorry 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I can't stand Bobby anymore, and not just because he's wearing dumbass clothes.

He's the embodiment of one of Supernatural's biggest issues, that's characters constantly returning long after they've got nothing left of value to add to the narrative.

And don't even start with that "but it's not the same character" bullcrap. He totally is. He might as well carry a giant sign with "I'm just here for nostalgia" written on it.

Edited by BoxManLocke
  • Love 4