Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Res said:

I apologize and don't mean to offend but I really, like REALLY DON't care who kills Luci as long as someone does ASAP!!!! I mean, I know Sam definitely should be the one. I get that. But I just want Luc gone ASAP ANY WAY POSSIBLE NEVER TO RETURN!!!! SO, so over this crap SL!

I kind of think that Rowena is going to be able to open the rift and bring Michael into real world.  I'm guessing with Michael... Rowena.... the Winchesters....Jack...Cas....As-mo-de-us....someone should be able to kill him off right?

I don't think they'll be able to kill Lucifer--not physically unable, but from a theological POV, any more than they could have killed God.  Even Death turned out to not really be dead after all, and returned in a different form.   Chuck and all his archangels couldn't (or wouldn't) kill Lucifer,  just locked him away; as did the Winchesters (with all their allies working together) the last time. 

I don't think TPTB would be able to kill the concept of Lucifer, any more than they could get rid of Death entirely.  So, they can lock him away (again)--in his cage, in the AU or in some alternate galaxy far, far away (the Empty?); turn him into an ally/frenemy; or take away his power/make him harmless.  And they've already done all of that except the Empty.  

JMO.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I just don't see how it can be a coincidence that another show about Lucifer and his 'true face' is popular right now, and suddenly it becomes a thing on SPN. I don't give this current crew enough credit for that dialogue being any kind of metaphor, I absolutely believe they meant it literally. Watch how Rowena especially delivers the lines. It was something she actually saw, IMO.

FWIW this is their version of Lucifer's 'devil face' as he calls it, his true face. It's at around 1:28 in this clip. Just posting the link because spoilers.

https://youtu.be/H5l7JVzzUkU

I imagine it's much worse than that... and that (the video) was bad enough.  It's not a beauty bias, it's a reminder that the 'true face' reflects the character (or least that is what is implied).  I keep thinking of that moment in Batman (one of the 82 movies... this one with Christian Bale) where the pychiatrist uses a mask with an airborne drug to cause people to go insane.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Well I wasn't comparing it to Dean's Hell time, not in this case LOL

I'm gonna have to rewatch some of s7 then because I was of the understanding that Cas took away the pain by taking away the memories which is why the Lucifer visions stopped.

12 hours ago, Lemuria said:

catrox14, I had the exact same question and issue.  That whole Lucifer face thing made no sense to me.  Cas presumably removed all of Sam's memories.  But then again, this is now the LOLCanon show.  

I think Sam still has the memories. I think he just somehow now can live with them.

My reasoning comes from - and sooo sorry to have to do this ; ) - "Man's Best Friend With Benefits." The bad witch, Spenser, says that he can get inside Sam and Dean's head. And when he gets inside Sam's head, we see the flashback of Sam and Adam falling into the pit and then Sam reliving burning in hell. I don't think Spenser would be able to have Sam see that just from guessing or be able to guess exactly how Sam burned to give him that vision. In my opinion, it would have to be that he was reading an actual memory from Sam and making him relive it. And if Castiel erased those memories, Sam wouldn't have them for Spenser to read...

Now of course this was a Buckner & Ross-Leming episode, so messing up canon is kind of their thing, and the FX guys maybe found it easier to just use the previous Sam hell footage instead of something else, but Dean also had his real hell memories happening, so my assumption is that was what was supposed to be happening to Sam also - that he was having his horrible memories used against him. So that said to me that Sam still had his memories.

Also, maybe just my opinion, but I also got this impression from the way Jared played it in "O Brother..."  Sam seemed to know what Lucifer meant by "Hey roomie... upper bunk? Lower bunk? ...Or you wanna share?" He also seemed to know what kind of torture he could expect if he didn't say "yes" when they were discussing it at the beginning of "The Devil in the Details." Sam sort of hesitated as he was saying as if he knew what it meant. In my opinion, Sam remembers.

• Love 5

Variety article: Interview with Daneel.

Bits:
1) NOT a Dean love interest.
2) Loyalty is ambiguous.  Not a baddy. Not an unambiguous goody.
3) Most scenes with Lucifer.
4) She's only done the one so she doesn't know how the relationship with Lucifer progresses.  
5) Implies maybe only one more episode this season. (reaction: says to me that her character won't die this year, she'll be back, and maybe Lucifer doesn't die this year???)

I thought she'd be one-year only so the implication of #5 surprise me.

• Love 3

You know, if I were the archangel Micheal, who had already conquered my own universe and turned it into a pile of ashes, I don't think my first move would be to conquer another universe. If I was him I'd just want to come over and hang out...maybe get a cup of coffee and watch the sunrise. I just seems like a lot of work to end up with another pile of useless ashes... . ;)

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Poor Dean.  He just looks so tired and done with it all.

replying in Bitter spoilers.

20 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

You know, if I were the archangel Micheal, who had already conquered my own universe and turned it into a pile of ashes, I don't think my first move would be to conquer another universe. If I was him I'd just want to come over and hang out...maybe get a cup of coffee and watch the sunrise. I just seems like a lot of work to end up with another pile of useless ashes... . ;)

I'm actually thinking this might be his plan.  He might not want to conquer anything over here. Maybe all this talk of Paradise is actually Earth Paradise and he wants to just start over. I will laugh my ass off if that turns out to be the case. 

• Love 1

Sam's eyes look so RED!  Do they look tired or just got done crying or sneezing or something to anyone else?

BTW, only Castiel could annouce six earth-shattering facts in a short promo:
1. He was kidnappped
2. Lucifer is back from the AU
3. They've been talking to Asmodeus for weeks (who was pretending to be Cas)
4. Kevin Tran is in the AU
5. They have the Angel Tablet in the AU
6. Michael is trying to come and conquer their universe

Nicely done exposition Misha, nicely done.  No wonder the boys look stunned.

• Love 2
On 2/4/2018 at 4:15 PM, Wayward Son said:

I was just looking at the spoiler sheet and 

Episode 13x15  

Title: A Most Holy Man

Written by: Andrew Dabb & Robert Singer

Director:  Amanda Tapping

Filming Dates: January 15 - January 24 

Airdate: March 8

Castiel?  Probably not

Guest stars:

Other Spoilers/info (newest to oldest):

J2 filmed several scenes on location, one at a coffee/sandwhich shop
Only j2 have been spotted on location and it looks like Misha has been at home, so our odd for him in the episode are low…
Location filming was done at night in the rain.
Orlando convention to occur during filming.

With the confirmation that Misha won't be in this episode, or if by some chance he is it won't be enough for an episode intended to be Cas centric IMO it's all but confirmed the title is in relation to Dean. Cas won't be in it so it isn't some sort of reference to him. Although since he's an angel the descriptor 'Holy Man' never fit him anyway. Sam's supernatural role has always been portrayed as unholy if anything - demon blood, vessel of Lucifer. While Dean's the one who has the whole 'righteous man' mythology around him. Although it's not something I particularly want I really wouldn't be surprised if this episode is the beginning of a return to the Michael and righteous man storyline so many Dean centric fans on here want. 

I was watching the Panel from Orlando con which was  Jan 18th through the 21st and the boys talked about having just filmed eith Misha

it starts at about 25:00. Someone asked about pranks and Jensen said "We just had a scene the other day with Misha. It was just the three of us."

Now granted maybe he meant 2 weeks ago but I dunno generally "just" and "the other day" IMO implies like a few days. So he could have been thinking about a week ago or two days ago since they were filming Jan 15 to Jan 24 and were in  Orlando on 21st. He also said they filmed on Friday.

Just putting it out there that thereciuld be room Misha to be in 13.15 if Jensen meant this to be within a few days of this comment. And yes it could be the week before.

That said the more I think about it, I hope you right that Dean is the focus of the episode and that it's all about Deans good heart and that maybe a holy man sees the good in Dean and helps Dean see the good in himself. I would be down for that. Since it follows the reveal of Michael maybe I'll get lucky and thee will be a Dean/Michael scene. You kind of got my hopes up now.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Ugh. Please let Dean run a serrated knife through Ketch's hear, twist it around a few times and put a needle in his eye whilst he's at it.

Then let Castiel find a way to end Asmodeus simply for impersonating him, and doing a bad Colonel Sanders.

Maybe Sam goes to Rowena cause she kind of owes him now for letting her take that spell assuming she doesn't go against them.

Just now, Pondlass1 said:

Way too many baddies this season. I wonder if some will continue over to season 14 for the big battle climax and end of series ?

I just saw that Mark Pellegrino will be on the panel at Paley fest, so I'm guessing were stuck with him til the end of the show.

3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I just saw that Mark Pellegrino will be on the panel at Paley fest, so I'm guessing were stuck with him til the end of the show.

Who all will be on the panel? I haven’t really heard much about it. 

37 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Who all will be on the panel? I haven’t really heard much about it. 

The panel for PaleyFest is Jensen, Jared, Misha, Mark, Alexander, Dabb, Singer, Buck-Leming.  Very cool--I knew this was exclusively about SPN and not Wayward.  Nice to see Alexander there also and I do like Mark being there too.  All the regulars.  So yes Mark and Alexander there means both should be around AT LEAST until end of this season.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jakes said:

The panel for PaleyFest is the J's, Misha, Mark, Alexander, Dabb, Singer, Buck-Leming.

No Rowena, no Samantha? I would trade Rowena for Mark P any day of the week. I am actually terrified that Buck Lemming are on the panel, what does this portend! ACK!!!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

No Rowena, no Samantha? I would trade Rowena for Mark P any day of the week. I am actually terrified that Buck Lemming are on the panel, what does this portend! ACK!!!

I’m assuming they weren’t invited because it was only for the leads and the regulars. Very interesting that BuckLemming were invited. Are we going to be in for a surprising show runner change announcement? :o 

10 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I’m assuming they weren’t invited because it was only for the leads and the regulars. Very interesting that BuckLemming were invited. Are we going to be in for a surprising show runner change announcement? :o 

Depending on what happens with Wayward Sisters I would say it's entirely likely that Buck Lemming became showrunners if Dabb moves to WS, which as much as a dislike Dabb, I LOATHE how they write Dean and given the Blade Runner comments about Dean, and how often they write him as a douchebag, I shudder to think of what will become of him under their creative control.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Depending on what happens with Wayward Sisters I would say it's entirely likely that Buck Lemming became showrunners if Dabb moves to WS, which as much as a dislike Dabb, I LOATHE how they write Dean and given the Blade Runner comments about Dean, and how often they write him as a douchebag, I shudder to think of what will become of him under their creative control.

I could be reading entirely too much into things and it could be as simple as Singer wanted his wife with him LOL. IMO Berens has been Dabb's second in command since Carver left and should have been the one to go with them if it's based on seniority. This leads me to my official speculation is that they know WS is going to be picked up and Berens will be the show runner. Since he wrote Patience, The Bad Place and co-wrote Wayward Sisters they've been setting it up to be his show IMO. If I'm right he's going to take a huge step back from SN for the remainder of the season (the same way its rumoured Carver had little to do with the backend of S11 so he could work on Frequency) and BuckLemming will be taking over his role as second in command, which makes sense since the remainder of the writing team only joined last year. If I'm right I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't write the penultimate episode as he has been doing the last few years. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I could be reading entirely too much into things and it could be as simple as Singer wanted his wife with him LOL. IMO Berens has been Dabb's second in command since Carver left and should have been the one to go with them if it's based on seniority. This leads me to my official speculation is that they know WS is going to be picked up and Berens will be the show runner. Since he wrote Patience, The Bad Place and co-wrote Wayward Sisters they've been setting it up to be his show IMO. If I'm right he's going to take a huge step back from SN for the remainder of the season (the same way its rumoured Carver had little to do with the backend of S11 so he could work on Frequency) and BuckLemming will be taking over his role as second in command, which makes sense since the remainder of the writing team only joined last year. If I'm right I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't write the penultimate episode as he has been doing the last few years. 

My thoughts exactly--Berens is not there and Buck-Leming is because Berens is Waywards now.  Dabb stays on SPN.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I was hopeful that Steve Yockey would take over as showrunner because he wrote the most balanced episodes and despite my personal dismay with a couple of his recent episodes I'm still in favor of him being head writer. And it's possible he still could become showrunner given that Carver left the show in and came back as showrunner, so the seniority thing may not matter at all. 

I've been thinking for a long time, and I think I even made comments a long time ago here, that there might be a stealthy Lucifer spinoff in the works. They are so obsessed with having Mark P on board that then brought Lucifer back, kept him around via absurd methods ( I still can't believe I called Crowley squirrelling away the Nicksuit) far past his sell by date; took away his power; gave him a son for no good reason who looks like Misha LOL and now he's invited to Paley Fest. Maybe they'll move him and Jack to a spinoff and take Buck Lemming. Fingers crossed. 

• Love 1
Just now, catrox14 said:

I was hopeful that Steve Yockey would take over as showrunner because he wrote the most balanced episodes and despite my personal dismay with a couple of his recent episodes I'm still in favor of him being head writer. And it's possible he still could become showrunner given that Carver left the show in and came back as showrunner, so the seniority thing may not matter at all. 

I've been thinking for a long time, and I think I even made comments a long time ago here, that there might be a stealthy Lucifer spinoff in the works. They are so obsessed with having Mark P on board that then brought Lucifer back, kept him around via absurd methods ( I still can't believe I called Crowley squirrelling away the Nicksuit) far past his sell by date; took away his power; gave him a son for no good reason who looks like Misha LOL and now he's invited to Paley Fest. Maybe they'll move him and Jack to a spinoff and take Buck Lemming. Fingers crossed. 

I don't think thats an indication of anything? I mean Alexander and Misha were also invited. Seems to me they were just inviting the regulars :).

Good points about the other stuff though and that certainly could be an indication they're interested in exploring more Lucifer after the show ends. 

8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They could feed a small country on all the ham in that image.

Legit giggled at this comment. So true.  And some Kentucky Fried Ham with that cheap knock off  Colonel Sanders

34 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I don't think thats an indication of anything? I mean Alexander and Misha were also invited. Seems to me they were just inviting the regulars :).

Fair enough on the regulars thing. I'm still side-eying it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I feel like I should buy a snuggie, whiskey and make a few pies.

3 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

*throws salt* 

2 hours ago, Myrelle said:

We're Doomed every which way as long as Singer stays involved, I suppose. :-/

*makes plans to steal holy water*

Edited by trxr4kids
  • Love 2

So, it's Metatron's SL given to Lucifer. How did Castiel end up in a field when they both walked out of the lair together? What am I missing here? Am I no longer able to understand words? Dabb said we left off with Castiel in a field which implies that was shown on screen? They got out of the lair together and Cas stabbed him and that was the cliffhanger.

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

LOL  did the editing team take out scenes and not tell Dabb? 

My gods. That would explain so many things that seem absolutely out of context and don't make any sense. WTF? is this going to be a flashback?

If Ketch gets to kill Lucifer, I'm gonna be pissed. He doesn't deserve that kind of big kill.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So, it's Metatron's SL given to Lucifer. How did Castiel end up in a field when they both walked out of the lair together? What am I missing here? Am I no longer able to understand words? Dabb said we left off with Castiel in a field which implies that was shown on screen? They got out of the lair together and Cas stabbed him and that was the cliffhanger.

My gods. That would explain so many things that seem absolutely out of context and don't make any sense. WTF? is this going to be a flashback?

If Ketch gets to kill Lucifer, I'm gonna be pissed. He doesn't deserve that kind of big kill.

I think we are stuck with Lucifer till the end of the show so Ketch will be the one to die if anything I reckon. 

And yeah I agree with your interpretation of Dabb’s words and the disconnect between them and on screen. I honestly think the post production team edited out scenes they shouldn’t have and Dabb is unaware of that. Maybe they’ve been shifted to the start of this episode of via flashbacks like you said. 

I guess I'm the only one that likes Ketch.  LOL

As for who would show run if Dabb left, I find Berens worse then Dabb.  I haven't fully enjoyed any of his episodes since Executioners's song.

I don't think any of the current team is strong enough to be show runner.  Yockey, IMO, has the most talent but his eps are often full of plot holes so big you can drive a truck through them.

8 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think Ketch was a good villain and I would trade him for Lucifer, but I still want Dean to kill him because he stole Mary's picture from Dean.

• Love 1

JIM BEAVER GUEST STARS AS BOBBY SINGER – Jack (Alexander Calvert) and Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) manage to escape Michael’s (guest star Christian Keyes) clutches and end up finding an ally in “apocalyptic world” Bobby Singer (guest star Jim Beaver). Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) continue to search for a way to open a breach, not realizing that one of their own may be working against them and costing them precious time. PJ Pesce directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1314). Original airdate 3/1/2018.

7 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

JIM BEAVER GUEST STARS AS BOBBY SINGER – Jack (Alexander Calvert) and Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) manage to escape Michael’s (guest star Christian Keyes) clutches and end up finding an ally in “apocalyptic world” Bobby Singer (guest star Jim Beaver). Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) continue to search for a way to open a breach, not realizing that one of their own may be working against them and costing them precious time. PJ Pesce directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1314). Original airdate 3/1/2018.

So it's Donatello that's working against them, yes?

4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

That's what I'm assuming that or we may finally find out who is Asmodeus' mysterious hunter ally.

I thought Asmodeus's hunter ally turned out to be Ketch, since he was the hunter who was responsible for killing all the witches. .

Edited by ILoveReading
Just now, ILoveReading said:

I thought Asmodeus's hunter ally turned out to be Ketch.

How would Ketch have known Jack went missing? He wasn't someone the brothers would have called on for help.

You're right right though. I just never connected the two for the reason above :) 

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

How would Ketch have known Jack went missing? He wasn't someone the brothers would have called on for help.

You're right right though. I just never connected the two for the reason above :) 

I only watched episode 7 once so I could be wrong.   But I thought it was Ketch since it was revealed at the end to be working with Asmodeus.

1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I only watched episode 7 once so I could be wrong.   But I thought it was Ketch since it was revealed at the end to be working with Asmodeus.

You're probably right. In that case I'm going with Donatello although I thought the looks being exchanged between Cas and Sam were meant to show us they'd both clued on to the fact something wasn't right with him.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So it's Donatello that's working against them, yes?

Oy, do they really have to sully Donatello's character with Asmodeus.  He's the only guy providing comic relief this season.  Maybe it's Ketch that's working against them but i'm probably wrong.  So whose the ally Bobby and Mary meet in apocalypse world?  What do you people think?  It's probably kevin? but i'm really hoping it's au Rufus.  Either way, i'd be into it.  

23 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

As for who would show run if Dabb left, I find Berens worse then Dabb.  I haven't fully enjoyed any of his episodes since Executioners's song.

I don't think any of the current team is strong enough to be show runner.  Yockey, IMO, has the most talent but his eps are often full of plot holes so big you can drive a truck through them.

No I love Ketch, he cracks me up.  I just wish they would make him more psycho like last year.  No watered down Ketch.  As for showrunner, what about Meredith GLynn?  Her episodes are pretty good.  But i have no idea how that works/

10 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

No I love Ketch, he cracks me up.  I just wish they would make him more psycho like last year.  No watered down Ketch.  As for showrunner, what about Meredith GLynn?  Her episodes are pretty good.  But i have no idea how that works/

Ugh, dear god no! She'd make it the Dean only show with her clear fangirling of Jensen and Dean ugh