Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, SueB said:

Reading this article, which I was told is an ‘extended version’. It’s clear Wayward Daughters is gonna hope dimensions somehow.  http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/13/wayward-sisters-supernatural-spin-off/

I know you meant hop.  But I kinda like the idea of hoping dimensions.  Maybe it won't be as angsty as simply hopping dimensions if they can put some hope into them also.  ;)

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Supernatural went to .6 and 1.90 million...so it fell a bit as is usual after a premiere.  In fact almost all the CW did...the amazing thing is SPN is now edging out Riverdale to be the 2nd most popular show on the CW this week with only the Flash ahead of it.  Rather amazing for a show in it's 13th season...so much for the audience disliking the show now and hurting the ratings.  So far this year, it's higher on the popularity food chain than last year which was already strong.

I don't believe you can attribute 100% of the viewership retention to liking/disliking where the story is going. I can guarantee that I keep watching out of loyalty to the actor(s) and love of the character of Dean that even Andrew Dabb can't beat out of me, and I know for certain I'm not alone in that. As much as I loathe Dabb & Company, I'm still glad to see the ratings hold, because I don't wish the cast out of a job until they are ready to end it themselves. "Detractors" and fans are not mutually exclusive.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't believe you can attribute 100% of the viewership retention to liking/disliking where the story is going. I can guarantee that I keep watching out of loyalty to the actor(s) and love of the character of Dean that even Andrew Dabb can't beat out of me, and I know for certain I'm not alone in that. As much as I loathe Dabb & Company, I'm still glad to see the ratings hold, because I don't wish the cast out of a job until they are ready to end it themselves. "Detractors" and fans are not mutually exclusive.

Never said 100% but strong ratings are an indicator of like for the most part.  Online commentators are notorious for skewing negative for all shows, sports, politics etc.  It's just the lay of the land.  SPN having stable ratings OVERALL is a thumbs up signal from the overall audience...there were some on here last year that said the ratings were tanking because the show sucks and the audience was leaving--but that was more just listening to segments of the online echo chamber and just false factually.  But yes there are maybe some that watch for other reasons other than like...can't disagree with that.  Nothing is universal. 

• Love 5

Ratings also don`t necessarily mean quality. There is highly-rated garbage and low-rated gems, vice versa and everything in between. 

So, Wayward Sisters will be set completely in Sioux Falls? Kinda like the Deep Space 9 to SPN`s Next Gen then? Didn`t expect that but it could work. Right now I`d give the spin-off slightly better survival odds than I previously did. They are trying to beef up both the mystery aspect, one more teen with powers, as well as the young cast. That might work on the CW. I would have more faith in it, though, with fresh blood behind the camera. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Ratings also don`t necessarily mean quality. There is highly-rated garbage and low-rated gems, vice versa and everything in between. 

So, Wayward Sisters will be set completely in Sioux Falls? Kinda like the Deep Space 9 to SPN`s Next Gen then? Didn`t expect that but it could work. Right now I`d give the spin-off slightly better survival odds than I previously did. They are trying to beef up both the mystery aspect, one more teen with powers, as well as the young cast. That might work on the CW. I would have more faith in it, though, with fresh blood behind the camera. 

I’m thinking the show is actually set in an AU with the rift in Sioux Falls. I’d love it if it was the old Singer Salvage yard.  After all the stuff Bobby did there, Is think that he sort of softened The inter dimensional boundary.  

The reason I say this is that Berens said we’d get an explanation of why Sam and Dean don’t show up all the time.  So, there’s SOME barrier. Likely inter-dimensional is my guess.  But we don’t have definitive proof.  

Taking feedback on the the value of ratings gems online comments to the ratings thread. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, SueB said:

I’m thinking the show is actually set in an AU with the rift in Sioux Falls. I’d love it if it was the old Singer Salvage yard.  After all the stuff Bobby did there, Is think that he sort of softened The inter dimensional boundary.  

The reason I say this is that Berens said we’d get an explanation of why Sam and Dean don’t show up all the time.  So, there’s SOME barrier. Likely inter-dimensional is my guess.  But we don’t have definitive proof.  

I'm wondering if there will be a multi-dimensional rift opened in Sioux Falls and it being like Haven where weird shit happens there, but the outside world is kinda oblivious to it. And, I think it would make sense that Sam and Dean wouldn't need to be there because they need to be helping the larger world while Jodi and the girls can handle the problems of this one little town.

Basically, I don't think it will be set in an alternate universe--or at least I hope it isn't--but I think it will be a soft spot for a convergence of many realities and that's why the girl who can walk between worlds will be necessary.

Edited by DittyDotDot
Multi-denominational rift isn't quite the same thing as a multi-dimensional rift...but I've heard it both ways! ;)
  • Love 2

Whoa!  SPN adjusted up to a .7 in the finals and barely lost anything from the premiere and is even more firmly ahead of Riverdale for 2nd place this week.  SPN is simply a beast!

• Love 5

I swear Dean has worn the white TV shirt/red shirt and blue jacket combo the bad guy is sporting a few times on the show. Is wardrobe repurposing? It`s all I could think about during that promo. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll just type it here.

I want Jack and Dean to bond over classic rock. Like Sam gives something to Jack to deliver to Dean in his room. Dean's chilling to music and just brushes off Jack. Suddenly Jack's all "what is that?" Dean says "Led Zeppelin". Jack responds with an enthusiastic "that sounds really cool!" and Dean is surprised, but it gets him talking about the band.

Later, Dean runs into Sam and is all smug, saying "Jack happens to agree with me that Vince Vincete sucks."

• Love 6
On 20/10/2017 at 5:25 PM, Jakes said:

Supernatural went to .6 and 1.90 million...so it fell a bit as is usual after a premiere.  In fact almost all the CW did...the amazing thing is SPN is now edging out Riverdale to be the 2nd most popular show on the CW this week with only the Flash ahead of it.  Rather amazing for a show in it's 13th season...so much for the audience disliking the show now and hurting the ratings.  So far this year, it's higher on the popularity food chain than last year which was already strong.

It is still doing great in the ratings for the CW. Actually ep 2 ratings were adjusted up so it matched the premiere in the demo at 0.7. There is always a drop from premiere to ep2 for any show / series. It is the nature of the thing. So to keep most of the audience from the premiere shows most people liked what they saw enough to tune in the next week. I'm certainly enjoying it so far, though less excited by this weeks ep which seems to be pointlessly separating the boys for, you know, reasons!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/thursday-final-ratings-oct-19-2017/

Edit - Oops - just saw you already spotted this. Apols

Edited by Geordiegirl1967
  • Love 1

Calvert has had a couple of interviews and in then he reaffirms Jack's connection to Sam but also strongly to Dean also.  He also reaffirms sort of a Son connection to Castiel.  He interestingly said that Jack and Castiel has an otherworldly, almost mystical connection to Cas that is strong enough to still be linked even if Cas and Jack are in other separate worlds.  I like that and I like how Jack has connection to all the guys.  I really like the whole Jack set-up and Calvert as Jack...he's doing a strong job.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The problem with this whole connection with Cas is that he was brainwashed by Jack last season.  His connection to Jack is similar to Dean's and Amara's.  

I'm hoping this will be addressed.  

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that. This show largely ignored Amara's non con connection with Dean and then twisted it around as if Dean wanted it in some way. I'd be wary of what they do with Cas and Jack connection. 

Edited by catrox14
16 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The problem with this whole connection with Cas is that he was brainwashed by Jack last season.  His connection to Jack is similar to Dean's and Amara's.  

I'm hoping this will be addressed.  

I don't think we know that for sure. Dean believed that, but it is possible that Jack was showing Castiel the truth (or a version of it, or some truth as fetus-Jack understood it), and Castiel's reaction was all him.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that. This show largely ignored Amara's non con connection with Dean and then twisted it around as if Dean wanted it in some way. I'd be wary of what they do with Cas and Jack connection. 

I think the Cas/Jack connection is shaping up great by what the 2 actors involved have been saying.  I can't wait.

1 minute ago, companionenvy said:

I don't think we know that for sure. Dean believed that, but it is possible that Jack was showing Castiel the truth (or a version of it, or some truth as fetus-Jack understood it), and Castiel's reaction was all him.

Yes I agree--the show has been showing Jack has been earnest not manipulative.   So don't think what he was doing in showing that future was brainwashing.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

I don't think so. He finger booped Dean and Sam into unconsciousness against their will and left them on the ground in the park. Cas in his right mind would not do that. IMO that was Jack in utero feeling threatened so he made Cas boop them into unconsciousness. That's why Dean said he didn't see Cas when he looked at him. He knew something was off. 

DEAN: Okay, so last night...that Super Mario power-up crap? That wasn't Cas. That freaking baby isn't even born yet and it sock puppeted him. Think about it.
Dean gets up and starts walking over to where Sam is sitting.
DEAN: Cas said that he had faith in Lucifer Jr.? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Sam looks just as frustrated and confused as Dean. He shakes his head and turns to Dean.
SAM: I don't know. I mean, look, this doesn't make any sense to me either, Dean. But if we wanna have some shot at finding Cas, the we have to...I don’t know. Uh, try and think like him.
DEAN: How? Seriously I mean up until now if Cas messed up, if he did something wrong, but he thought it was for the right reasons, I got it. Right? But last night, when I looked at him, I did not recognize the guy staring back at me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, companionenvy said:

Yeah, I never thought the Spawn brainwashed Cass as much as acted out of instinct for preservation. I think that's what he's been doing since he's been born too. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, I never thought the Spawn brainwashed Cass as much as acted out of instinct for preservation. I think that's what he's been doing since he's been born too. 

If he's acting out of self preservation shouldn't be more concerned about the direct threat from Dean?

2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

If he's acting out of self preservation shouldn't be more concerned about the direct threat from Dean?

I think it's been made pretty clear he has nothing to fear from Dean, or anyone else at this point. He maybe didn't brainwash Cas, but he sure did something when his power flowed through Kelly and enabled Cas to kill Dagon. Unfortunately, I think Cas booping Dean and Sam into unconsciousness and leaving them on the ground was all Cas, once again doing what he felt he must, at any cost. Honestly though? I think they're just going to forget about/ignore the vision he showed Cas of this better world. That, or it was just fetus!Jack manipulating Cas into making sure no harm came to him before he could be born. As someone mentioned earlier, I almost wish this was a long con by Sweet Baby Jack and he's playing them all - but I don't give Dabb & crew that much credit.

12 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

He did, when Dean was threatening him and learned that Dean can't hurt him, therefore is not a threat.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

As someone mentioned earlier, I almost wish this was a long con by Sweet Baby Jack and he's playing them all - but I don't give Dabb & crew that much credit.

I'm rooting for that because at this point it's the only way it makes this SL interesting to me.

4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

He did, when Dean was threatening him and learned that Dean can't hurt him, therefore is not a threat.

Dean still is a threat though, because he still wants Jack dead and has not hidden that fact or the fact that he's still looking for a way to kill him. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Dean still is a threat though, because he still wants Jack dead and has not hidden that fact or the fact that he's still looking for a way to kill him. 

Yeah, well, Dean says he wants Jack dead, but then buys him pizza and beer... .

If Dean actually had a means of killing Jack and appeared to be a danger to him, I think Jack would be acting quite differently. As it is, I think Jack is just being cautious about Dean right now, but doesn't feel the need to react yet.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

Supernatural‘s recent Scooby-Doo tease has me hungry for more “Scooby Snax” about the big “crossover” episode. Got any to share? —Lou
After the Scooby-Doo nod in last Thursday’s episode, I think we all know to whom this is referring: “There’s a certain amount of expertise [by] a certain brother about what Scooby world is. We have fun with that,” exec producer Brad Buckner says of the show’s “charming and very funny” upcoming crossover with the animated classic. But more importantly, what’s faster — Dean’s beloved Impala or the Mystery Machine? “You’ll get a chance to see. Depends who’s driving it, I guess,” star Jared Padalecki says.

http://tvline.com/2017/10/26/blindspot-season-3-spoilers-jane-tasha-undercover-disguises/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I had to go check (the ep transcript is up on SPN Wiki: http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=13.02_The_Rising_Son_(transcript), yay!) because I'd remembered it slightly differently.  What he actually said at the end:

DEAN: You know, my brother thinks you can be saved.
JACK: You don’t believe that.
DEAN: No, I don’t.
JACK: So… if you’re right?
DEAN: If I’m right… and it comes to killing you… I’ll be the one to do it.

So Dean is acknowledging that he's giving him a chance, and isn't just going to be trying to kill him immediately.  Whether or not Jack knows (or believes) that Dean can isn't the point IMO, it's that Dean is holding off till he knows for sure.  

Edited by ahrtee
adding transcript link
  • Love 1

https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/10/supernatural-episode-1306-tombstone.html?m=1

“Tombstone” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

GO AHEAD…MAKE MY DAY – Castiel (Misha Collins) is reunited with Jack (Alexander Calvert) and together with Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles), they head to a sleepy old western town to investigate a murder. Dean gets to live out his boyhood fantasy when he comes face to face with a famous, gun-slinging outlaw. Nina Lopez-Corrado directed the episode written by Davy Perez (#1306). Original airdate 11/16/2017.

If this is Wyatt Earp or Doc Holliday, I'm just gonna be over here laughing my ass off.

Misha be trolling .... and holy shit.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

He finger booped Dean and Sam into unconsciousness against their will and left them on the ground in the park. Cas in his right mind would not do that.

I disagree. I think it was absolutely Cas's decision to do that. He genuinely believed in Jack and his potential for good I think, and he knew that at that point the boys plan was to capture Kelly and potentially kill her/Jack or at least take away his power - so he needed to protect him. Whether his belief in Jack's goodness will prove true or a manipulation by evil-foetus Jack remains to be seen, but both Cas and Kelly connected with Jack before he was born and felt strongly that he was not evil.

I hope he is right and Jack does not turn out to be evil as it is very much Sam's turn to be right on something. His judgement is constantly shown to be wrong and Dean's to be right (demon blood, Ruby, BMoL, the trials, not looking for Dean and on and on). It is time for a change.

7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

“Tombstone” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

GO AHEAD…MAKE MY DAY – Castiel (Misha Collins) is reunited with Jack (Alexander Calvert) and together with Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles), they head to a sleepy old western town to investigate a murder. Dean gets to live out his boyhood fantasy when he comes face to face with a famous, gun-slinging outlaw. Nina Lopez-Corrado directed the episode written by Davy Perez (#1306). Original airdate 11/16/2017.

Sigh! I don't know why they bothered 'killing' Cas only to chicken out of outraging his fans by immediately telling everyone he would come back then bringing him back within 3 eps. It has been a pointless cheapening of what could have been some actual drama, and an excuse I suspect for some blatant fan service.

19 minutes ago, auntvi said:

Again?

I was thinking the same. We had this in the Old West episode and with his favorite Wrestler.

387e7cb22bce0d558ef7dd728acc85db--cowboy

giphy.gif

As much as I enjoyed those moments....They truly don't give a rat's ass about previous SL, and going forward with fresh ideas, huh?

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

One would think that with Dean's revelation about seeing what happened to Cas when he looks at Jack, Sam might get him some new clothes. 

I think for Dean, no matter if Jack was dressed as Dean he'd still have a problem with Jack because he fully believes that Jack played Cas and Jack is why Cas is dead and Mary is gone. I see some Ruby parallels/mirrors here with Jack having lead Cas down a path that got him killed and maybe leading Sam down a path with a bad end, because Sam believes in Jack like he did Ruby. And I think Dean is also remembering that Crowley lead him to the Mark and all the problems that caused.

• Love 1

Since Alex Calvert said in the latest interview Jack would relate to Dean in terms of grief over a mother and this theme hasn`t been brought up yet but the synopsis of episode 4 says all characters will have to deal with grief in some way, I`m guessing this is gonna be it. It might lead to a talk between the characters and, if not being hunky dory with each other, less tumultous on Dean`s side.

Hopefully it is not gonna be a lesson episode. I`m just holding out some hope on Gwynn here.

Then episode 5 will bring Cas back, presumably as the final scene. Now the producers said Cas` return will give Dean some hope back in good things happening. Which would also lead to a less frosty stance on things. The episode doesn`t list Calvert so maybe Jack is just talked about but not seen. He probably still remains at the bunker since he is again with the guys in episode 6. Still on "decent" terms.  

By episode 6, there is the shooting report on how Cas is overly protective of Jack and tries to drag him to safety. Yup, a superpowered angels tries to protect the mega-powered Nephilim from bullets while the humans just stand there. I get that they are supposed to have a connection but Cas ain`t stupid. He would know bullets aren`t any danger to either of them. Just to the Winchesters. 

Then episode 7 has interaction with Cas and Lucifer (already back, however that happened). This could be where the "deal" takes place. Over what and for what, I do not know. Jack doesn`t need protection in the sense of someone more powerful than him looking out for him, at most he needs protection from his naivety in being used.      

On 10/27/2017 at 5:39 PM, Aeryn13 said:

Then episode 7 has interaction with Cas and Lucifer (already back, however that happened). This could be where the "deal" takes place. Over what and for what, I do not know. Jack doesn`t need protection in the sense of someone more powerful than him looking out for him, at most he needs protection from his naivety in being used.

I really am hoping they don't have Cas make another ridiculous deal with Lucifer.  Surely they've all been burned enough by him to know that's not a good idea?  I want Cas to come back pissed off and not the sad sack he's been recently.  

Jensen did mention at this weekend's con that his opinion about Jack changes a bit in the next few weeks.  Having him semi bond with Jack over the loss of their mothers could be what he was referring to.  I'll just be happy to have Sam and Dean on the same page again.

• Love 2

Having him semi bond with Jack over the loss of their mothers could be what he was referring to.  I'll just be happy to have Sam and Dean on the same page again.

Yes, he said that Dean changes his stance "between now and episode 10". Since they are shooting episode 10 right now, I think that was his reference point for the present and "now" is marking what the audience already knows up to episode 3. Personally, I believe a significant moment will already come in episode 4. Because the next one Cas comes back and that is supposed to turn Dean around somewhat as a ray of hope. And things will progress from there. 

Episode 5 has a spoiler (if you can call it that) of Dean making a PBJ at the bunker. Granted, the episode isn`t supposed to have Alex Calvert in it but it is possible that there is an offscreen reference to him getting that sandwich. If so, they would already be on much friendlier terms. 

And if I`m honest, in the trailer for ep 4, Jack is not only coming with them on a hunt but when Dean is talking to him, he isn`t spitting out his words through clenched teeth or anything. Now I doubt they are fine at the points the trailer shows us but the interaction is not outright hateful. I think even if he isn`t pushed and prodded too much, Dean can treat Jack at least semi-civil.

Overall, I`m pretty sure the change happens before the two spin-off episodes 9 and 10 because I reckon they will focus heavily on the Wayward stuff and there isn`t much room for the regular cast to through character arcs. They still have to introduce the girl who walks between worlds in her dreams or something. That`s at least a good chunck of one episode, like the Patience thing.

Also, it appears by ep 8 or so Mary is back?

I mean at some point for the second half of the Season to be the villain Michael has to enter the picture of "our world". The Season probably marks a shift there, first half: shenanigans with Jack, second half: Michael tries to wreck shit up. Maybe Jack will be the solution to Michael but it would be too easy if he could just overpower him like that.     

19 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Episode 5 has a spoiler (if you can call it that) of Dean making a PBJ at the bunker. Granted, the episode isn`t supposed to have Alex Calvert in it but it is possible that there is an offscreen reference to him getting that sandwich. If so, they would already be on much friendlier terms. 

When in episode 5 is Castiel supposed to be coming back?

The reason I ask is because peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are something associated with Castiel. It was his favorite food when he was human, and so he really missed being able to enjoy them when he became an angel again (as an angel, he mostly just tastes the molecules.) That was something Castiel talked about with Sam, but I would suspect that Dean would know this also.*** It could be that Dean is making the sandwich for Jack... but maybe it's because Jack asks for one, potentially because he is having a connection with Castiel? Because I can't help but feel that somehow PBJ sandwich = Castiel in some way, and that is why Dean is making a PBJ sandwich.

But I could be wrong and it might just be for Jack.

*** Maybe from some time Dean and Cas interacted when Castiel was human.

• Love 1