Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, rue721 said:

The gif is from Saving Private Ryan, it's not a spoiler.

Huh? I don't understand.  I know it's from Saving Private Ryan. I'm just saying it's possibly leaning towards 
"Saving Mary"  since thus far she is the one who is behind enemy lines so to speak.

• Love 1

And from what they tell us, Sam and Dean will find themselves butting heads when it comes to how to handle Lucifer’s baby. (Not surprisingly, Sam takes the slightly more compassionate approach to dealing with things.)

Please picture my head exploding. Because, of course. 

From - http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/supernatural-season-13-jensen-ackles-misha-collins-jared-padalecki/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

• Love 1
(edited)

"I'm going to start with Misha" 

"Yeah, every hero needs their Sam" 

Way to be absolutely rude Jensen! Ugh, this panel is not off to a good start! *goes back to watching it* 

ETA: Yeah, I wasn't a fan! It got better as time went on, but in those first few minutes all three spoke over the interviewer mid question. That's really rude IMO.

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1

And from what they tell us, Sam and Dean will find themselves butting heads when it comes to how to handle Lucifer’s baby. (Not surprisingly, Sam takes the slightly more compassionate approach to dealing with things.)

That wasn`t ever in doubt. And it usually leads to the sort of holier than thou pontificating I hate on top of how "Dean does it wrong". Best hope is they resolve that quickly and don`t drag it out.  

• Love 9

This is season 13 of Supernatural...they should be trying to knock it out of the park this year, but instead it's sounds like just the same old, tired formula.  With a room full of supposedly creative minds, you'd think they could put their heads together and come up with something interesting.  I'm sure they think the nephilim is just that, but to me it's just Lucifer redux.  The "will he or won't he be evil" question doesn't hold any interest for me.  If he's evil, then he's just Lucifer again, but if he's not evil, then what?  What I wouldn't give for a creepy Windigo episode right about now!!!

• Love 4

Well good news for those worried that Jared was looking too thin.  From the interview, apparently, he gained weight over the hiatus and didn't fit back into the outfit he was wearing at the end of S12!?  If true, I for one am glad to hear it.  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Well good news for those worried that Jared was looking too thin.  From the interview, apparently, he gained weight over the hiatus and didn't fit back into the outfit he was wearing at the end of S12!?  If true, I for one am glad to hear it.  

That was kind of confusing because Misha's answer on the first question was none (road food) because Jensen was on a diet.  I thought they meant that Jensen didn't fit in his clothes.   But Jared was pointing at himself.  I was just thinking how thin Jared looked sitting between Jensen and Misha.  

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

That was kind of confusing because Misha's answer on the first question was none (road food) because Jensen was on a diet.  I thought they meant that Jensen didn't fit in his clothes.   But Jared was pointing at himself.  I was just thinking how thin Jared looked sitting between Jensen and Misha.  

Oh, I was talking about in the EW interview that @bethy linked above - not the video of them on the boat answering the questions about each other.  

I think Jared's always been slimmer than Jensen and Misha.  It's just his body type.  And his height helps (tall people can carry more weight and it doesn't look like it).  But it sounded like Jared gained a little weight over the hiatus, which for fans who were thinking he looked too thin recently compared to previous seasons, I think that's good news.  :)

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

This is season 13 of Supernatural...they should be trying to knock it out of the park this year, but instead it's sounds like just the same old, tired formula.  With a room full of supposedly creative minds, you'd think they could put their heads together and come up with something interesting.  I'm sure they think the nephilim is just that, but to me it's just Lucifer redux.  The "will he or won't he be evil" question doesn't hold any interest for me.  If he's evil, then he's just Lucifer again, but if he's not evil, then what?  What I wouldn't give for a creepy Windigo episode right about now!!!

I would literally rather watch paint dry than another minute of Lucifer (any flavour) on the show. That, and the idea of Sam schooling Dean how to be compassionate just kills my desire for the show. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10

I don't think that story line is going to do Sam OR Dean any favors.  I wish to hell they had picked some other angle, preferably one without Lucifer or a baby/child of any age.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

If he's evil, then he's just Lucifer again, but if he's not evil, then what?  What I wouldn't give for a creepy Windigo episode right about now!!!

If he's not evil, then he'll be born amoral until the Winchesters teach him right from wrong and why he should care about doing what's right . . . that's just Amara 2.0, especially with as powerful as they've made him out to be.  If they want Jack to stick around and don't want him to turn out exactly like Amara (or Jesse, the antichrist, for that matter) then they're going to have to eventually have him take over for Lucifer as the big bad.  They can't keep someone that powerful on the Winchester's side indefinitely if they can't do it with Cas.  Anytime the Winchesters find something to hunt, all he'll have to do was snap his fingers, and it'll be dead.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just do see anything original about Jack that says he's not just going to end up a male version of Amara. 

The things that would give me chills:

1. Jensen is going to take time off and film Deadpool 2.  (I know, not happening)

2. Jensen will finally get to play Michael. 

But it's probably about Sam.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1

Normally I would say the announcement that they picked 300 as the end date but since that would fall into a Season 14, I can`t really see it happening now. The CW wouldn`t be enthused about it either. 

An announcement about Cas being dead and returning as a permanently altered version? Michaels would have to be drunk to not realize that this couldn`t be spun into anything that would evoke a positive reaction. 

Something about Lucifer? Everyone already knows he`ll be a big focus. At least people who would be the Comic Con viewer crowd. 

A return of Jeffrey Dean Morgan for an ep? Would somewhat fit the bill but I`m not sure. 

The Wayward thing is out already. As is the Scooby Doo ep. If they considered those big, chill-worthy surprises. 

• Love 3
(edited)
43 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I just do see anything original about Jack that says he's not just going to end up a male version of Amara. 

The things that would give me chills:

1. Jensen is going to take time off and film Deadpool 2.  (I know, not happening)

But it's probably about Sam.

3. Castiel is dead. Misha has been demoted to special guest star as alt!Cas for a few episodes.

ETA: @ILoveReading I don't think 1 would happen as both Js seem attached to their record of being the only ones to appear in every episode of every season. I can't see Jensen (or Jared) giving up that now. 

Edited by Wayward Son

Well, if it's supposed to give us chills, then that should be a good thing, right?  So demoting Misha can't be it.  Do you suppose they're setting up Jack to be the new heartthrob?  Our boys are getting a bit long in the tooth for CW standards, so maybe they think that will excite the fans.  I have no clue.  Most things Dabb thinks will excite me usually have the opposite reaction.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This would give me chills-especially if Jensen gives us a bit/hint of the character at the panel or if they show us a clip of Michael/Dean.

But I'm not expecting that because this

7 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Most things Dabb thinks will excite me usually have the opposite reaction.

has been the case since Dabb took over for me, too.(and yes, I'd also have to agree that whatever it is, it's going to be about Sam).

• Love 2

Do you suppose they're setting up Jack to be the new heartthrob?  Our boys are getting a bit long in the tooth for CW standards, so maybe they think that will excite the fans. 

If they thought that they would IMO end the show. Besides, the actor for Spawnifer hasn`t really been featured promotionally that much. If they wanted to bring in a new teen crowd via him, they would drag his ass to Comic Con and things like that. Teen Wolf did that with their baby cast despite their primary actors still being in the age range for the teen audience but MTV were obviously super-youth oriented. To me CW has eased up a bit from the days of Dawn Ostroff.     

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Chills, doesn't sound to me like it's something good. Hmm...has this show ever given me chills? ::thinking, thinking, thinking:: Nope. No chills that I recall. What would give me chills, though? Hmmm...air conditioning turned up too high?

By Jove, I think I've got it: So, they're going to up the air conditioning in Hall H? ;)

• Love 2

Chills, doesn't sound to me like it's something good. 

There can be "good" chills, especially in the entertaiment world. Somehow I doubt the producers can manage that kind of announcement. 

Also Michaels said if they "can do it right". If you have a big surprise for an audience, you don`t need much showmanship to sell it. So maybe the news is just relatively modest and they plan to overhype it. This time on purpose. 

In the end, I believe you are not that far away. Turning up the air conditioning probably would have raised more chills than whatever they plan to drop.

• Love 2
(edited)

It might be nothing more than the fact that they're adding to the cast and that Jack will be a regular next season.  The actor looks like a young Misha judging by his pic at IMDb and even more teens will be squealing and tuning in.  And the Js will get their time off.

"if they do it right"... There's the rub.

Jack could be a shot in the arm for the series.  However, whoever came up with the premise of S&D as parents needs a slap in the head. 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1947611/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

Well, if it's supposed to give us chills, then that should be a good thing, right?  So demoting Misha can't be it.  Do you suppose they're setting up Jack to be the new heartthrob?  Our boys are getting a bit long in the tooth for CW standards, so maybe they think that will excite the fans.  I have no clue.  Most things Dabb thinks will excite me usually have the opposite reaction.

It's giving me chills already. The kind I generally get right before I throw up.

• Love 3

I don't get what Michaels means.  Is the reveal itsefl at the panel the thing that will give us chills if they do it right? Or are they saying that whatever they reveal that they intend to do during the season the thing that will give us chills if they do it right?

It's weird phrasing IMO

13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't get what Michaels means.  Is the reveal itsefl at the panel the thing that will give us chills if they do it right? Or are they saying that whatever they reveal that they intend to do during the season the thing that will give us chills if they do it right?

It's weird phrasing IMO

Well, considering it wasn't a direct quote but someone paraphrasing, so it's hard to say. Personally, I don't think there's really any chills to be had either way.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

ETA: @ILoveReading I don't think 1 would happen as both Js seem attached to their record of being the only ones to appear in every episode of every season. I can't see Jensen (or Jared) giving up that now. 

I could see Jensen asking for Dean to be written out/killed off in a heroic manner if he thought Dean was continuing to be regressed/diminished in the narrative.

I think that would be especially true if he managed to land an important role in a Marvel or DC film, which seems ton his bucket list.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Well, considering it wasn't a direct quote but someone paraphrasing, so it's hard to say. Personally, I don't think there's really any chills to be had either way.

I would find it chilling as in freezing me out of the show, if brought back Ruby LOL. And I could see why they would be throwing out the caveat..."if they do it right" for her.

It would give me chills in a good way, if they brought back JDM.

(edited)

I'm guessing it has to do with Spawnifer.  Maybe showing a clip of him doing something insanely powerful (while being ambiguous if he's being good or evil) and then announcing that he's going to be a series regular this season.  

2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Because Lucifer and the devil baby are so exciting.

And YES! to this.  (/sarcastic font/)

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2

So, I've been thinking. Do you think they would re-cast Crowley? I mean I really hope they never do that, but could that be the Big Surprise?

2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think it has to do with Jack and the actor portraying him might join them on the panel today.

But would that really be a surprise, much less chill inducing? We already know he's in the cast.

• Love 1

I'm trying to think what would "give us chills if they do it right..."

I saw some guesses that Cas would be the  new Death.  How about a clip of the boys (or Mary!) in peril and having Cas suddenly appear as Death to reap them [fade to black....]  

It would (in theory) still be "our" Cas but more powerful (fitting in with several previous hints) and I could see Michaels thinking it would be an OMFG moment...(And it wouldn't necessarily have to be permanent for the whole season, for those who are adamant about wanting "real" Cas back.)  

I still think the announcement will be about Jack joining the cast.  

• Love 1
Just now, Pondlass1 said:

Yikes - I hope not!!!

Oh same. I'd be pissed.

I'm just trying to figure out why Dabb is being cagey about Crowley when Mark Sheppard as been adamant that he is not returning to SPN ever,  unless that TV Guide article was written before Mark spoke up and Dabb was just playing games with the audience. 

As someone who watches for Sam and Dean, which I would hazard to say is who most (not all) fans watch for, I don't see how replacing one of them, or adding someone else to the cast who will take screen time away from them is supposed to excite me.  Keeping Lucifer around and adding Jack is the most negative thing about season 13, IMO, so if that's the big secret, then consider me uninspired.  

For a show called Supernatural, something "chilling" should be good.  Having them actually get back to being scary, with spirits and monsters who are frightening, would absolutely be an "OMFG" thrill for me.  I just don't think they have it in them.  

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I could see Jensen asking for Dean to be written out/killed off in a heroic manner if he thought Dean was continuing to be regressed/diminished in the narrative.

I think that would be especially true if he managed to land an important role in a Marvel or DC film, which seems ton his bucket list.

I think if Jensen is indeed that dissatisfied they'll be announcing the shows end rather than any plans to continue without him. 

Although I'm not super J2 centric, I can still acknowledge that the vast majority of the fandom is! The CW would have to be idiots to think the show could survive such a departure. Especially if Jensen is the J leaving since he/Dean are the golden boy of the fandom. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

I still think the announcement will be about Jack joining the cast.

This is what I'm thinking too.  He's joining as a series regular not just a guest spot.  It's a bit disappointing and not exactly chilling.  But these guys live under a rock and have no clue what's exciting and what's not.

Jack might be the new Crowley - evil and  mischievous and comes in handy at times, but don't trust him.  Plus he's young.  The cast is getting older and the fans younger (or so it seems).  

(edited)
8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I saw some guesses that Cas would be the  new Death.  How about a clip of the boys (or Mary!) in peril and having Cas suddenly appear as Death to reap them [fade to black....]

I'd be down for Cas being the new Death.   Because that wouldn't mean Cas would have to change his personality or anything he would just be Death, not the character of Death s played by Julian, but has the role of being Death.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I'm trying to think what would "give us chills if they do it right..."

I'm guessing it has something to do with "Wayward Sisters" or whatever they're calling it these days. I'm guessing Kim and Brianna will make a "surprise" appearance like they did with the Ghostfacers back in the day. 

But, hey, maybe they're planning to do a nice tribute to Mark Sheppard? That could possibly give me chills if they did it right.

9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm just trying to figure out why Dabb is being cagey about Crowley when Mark Sheppard as been adamant that he is not returning to SPN ever,  unless that TV Guide article was written before Mark spoke up and Dabb was just playing games with the audience. 

I don't know, I'd guess Dabb is just trying to avoid digging himself deeper at this point and is avoiding it altogether. I think he's in that damned if he does, damned if he doesn't spot right now and doesn't know how to get himself out. The smart thing to do at this point is to just come out and say they handled Mark's departure poorly, they're sorry and move on from it, but I expect them to continue to ignore it and hope people will just forget. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm guessing Jack as a regular too and Misha won't be. My guess in terms of main cast for this season Is

Jared and Jensen (obv) 

Mark Pellegrino / Lucifer - As the new Crowley i.e. dark Supernatural entity they're forced to work with due to outside circumstances. Whether he falls into the enemy or friend end of frenemy will depend on plot requirements. 

Alexander Calvert / Jack  - As the new Castiel i.e a light leaning supernatural entity they regard as family. His inexperience means they'll even be able to create a new version of the "Castiel always screws up storyline" they're so fond of for him. They'll just be able to wave it off as "jack is young and doesn't know any better".

Then we'll have Samantha Smith and Misha as recurring. Misha could probably get the 7-8 he got in season 8 before his repromotion, and Sam Smith get something similar this season now the novelty of Mary being back has worn off

Edited by Wayward Son
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'd be down for Cas being the new Death.

But this isn't something they'd announce at a ComicCon panel.  Anything to do with scripts or storylines will be off limits.  Andrew will waffle about nothing, the boys will joke about.  It will be fun - but we'll learn nothing about what they have in mind for the season.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I think Dabb is just trying to keep the Crowley fans from giving up on the show.  Maybe he's hoping if he offers Mark a juicy enough role he'll return, even if in different form, and so he's keeping his options open.  I think the only way he'd say there's no way Mark will be back is if they fired him and don't want him back.  

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I think if Jensen is indeed that dissatisfied they'll be announcing the shows end rather than any plans to continue without him. 

Although I'm not super J2 centric, I can still acknowledge that the vast majority of the fandom is! The CW would have to be idiots to think the show could survive such a departure. Especially if Jensen is the J leaving since he/Dean are the golden boy of the fandom. 

I can't see an announcement that Jensen is leaving or the end of the show being "chilling" and definitely NOT at SDCC when they're trying to get more people to watch.  And no, I don't think the show would survive without both Js.  

Personally, I don't see Dean as the "golden boy of the fandom."  I've certainly seen enough Sam fans (and read enough bitch/jerk posts) to think that *both* Sam and Dean  are equally important to the fans.  

2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm guessing it has something to do with "Wayward Sisters" or whatever they're calling it these days. I'm guessing Kim and Brianna will make a "surprise" appearance like they did with the Ghostfacers back in the day. 

I can't see that as particularly chilling...unless they show a clip of Girls in Jeopardy (that someone considers chilling) and then make the announcement.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I'm guessing Jack as a regular too and Misha won't be

Stop torturing yourself @Wayward Son  Misha isn't going anywhere.  He' s joined in the shenanigans the whole time at SDCC.

2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Personally, I don't see Dean as the "golden boy of the fandom."  I've certainly seen enough Sam fans (and read enough bitch/jerk posts) to think that *both* Sam and Dean  are equally important to the fans.

I agree ^.  I think it's 50-50.  Casting these two actors as brothers was a brilliant move.

2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

But this isn't something they'd announce at a ComicCon panel.  Anything to do with scripts or storylines will be off limits.  Andrew will waffle about nothing, the boys will joke about.  It will be fun - but we'll learn nothing about what they have in mind for the season.

Well, this goes back to my original question upthread about how to read the phrasing of that person's comment.

No, I'm not saying they would announce Cas as Death, but they could say something like we have things planned for Castiel that will give you chills. 

I'm not sure if I'd want to see Cas as death.   According to the show killing death has absolutely no consequences/effects on anyone, including the person who did it or other reapers.

Killing Billie, who was just a run of the mill reaper shouldn't have any effect either.

Both ways is extremely poor story telling, but at least its consistent.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm not sure if I'd want to see Cas as death.  

Me neither.  Julian is brilliant in the role.  And Death's death meant absolutely nothing in the scheme of things anyway

I'm still hoping for a future episode where he shows up again "You really thought you killed me, Dean? An inconsequential bacteria like you?"

Well, anyway, the tweets have got us all fired up.  How long before the panel?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I can't see that as particularly chilling...unless they show a clip of Girls in Jeopardy (that someone considers chilling) and then make the announcement.  

Well, I didn't say I would find it chilling, but that is something they clearly are excited about and many fans have been clamoring for for a couple years. I could see them thinking that the fans would find it chilling.

TBH, I think it's all about generating buzz and getting people to talk. It'll probably turn out to be something far more mundane and not at all chilling. They'll show a little bit of what they've already shot for S13--it'll be a sizzle reel of random stuff that looks exciting out of context, but in context probably will turn out to be less so. 

• Love 1