Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Didn't the guys say that they were adding more personal touches to the bunker for next year at the last Con?  Am I miss remembering that?  If so I would think that would mean they are not blowing it up. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, SueB said:

Since they figure out they need to fight the BMoL either by the end of the next episode or the episode after, and Jody is in 12.22, I think she's safe.  Claire is at major risk IMO. 

I feel like Dabb's raison d'etre is to create a viable (in his opinion) spin-off of SPN, the Wayward Daughters are it, and he's using his show-runner status to further that goal. So, I figure all the females up to and including Mary are safe, except for one, whose 'death' will motivate the others into full-time hunting.

Jim Beaver seemed legitimately unhappy and maybe even a little pissed that he was going to miss being in an season of SPN for the first time. I didn't feel like it was subterfuge or trolling fandom, but maybe it was enough to get TPTB to write him into the finale? If not Bobby, then probably Garth, given his 'monster' status.

In my dreams, it's JDM/John, come to take Mary back to her heaven, but alas... 

12 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I feel like Dabb's raison d'etre is to create a viable (in his opinion) spin-off of SPN, the Wayward Daughters are it, and he's using his show-runner status to further that goal. So, I figure all the females up to and including Mary are safe, except for one, whose 'death' will motivate the others into full-time hunting.

Jim Beaver seemed legitimately unhappy and maybe even a little pissed that he was going to miss being in an season of SPN for the first time. I didn't feel like it was subterfuge or trolling fandom, but maybe it was enough to get TPTB to write him into the finale? If not Bobby, then probably Garth, given his 'monster' status.

In my dreams, it's JDM/John, come to take Mary back to her heaven, but alas... 

I wouldn't be surprised if episode 22 opened with  Claire breaking into Alex's dorm room and telling her that Jody went on a hunting trip and hasn't been home in a few days and we find out she's been taken by the British Men of Letters.  Show does love its parallels. 

One thing in Dabb's interview, he said they get out with varying degrees of success. 

Mary is in the deepest, with Sam next and then Dean being on the outskirts.

So does this mean that someone won't make it all the way out?

Mary- they've messed her character up so much, Im not sure how much impact that would have  on the general audience

Sam- They did that cliff hanger last year.

Dean- maybe,  If the brits deem his rogue but I have no idea how they see him.

There was something about the brothers moving things into the bunker but its possible that is done at the start of the episode, rather than at the end. 

Or its done as a false sense of security.  The Brits are sent back to London, The Nepilim is dealt with, and Sam, Dean, Mary, Cas, Crowley are all at newly decorated bunker thinking its just straight hunting and then.....BOOM!  Fade to black. 

Edited by ILoveReading

I'm still predicting a Castiel death this season! I'm just bitter that they've sidelined him for the second half of his final season! And yes only featuring in three out of eleven episodes and only in a minor capacity for one of those is sidelining IMO. 

Edited by Wayward Son

I don't know why May sweeps and all the series finales are set for May.  No one watches TV when weather gets better - all ratings are dropping ... Supergirl just got 0.5.   TV seasons should be September to  March - that's what I'd do.

I don't care who dies - dying means nothing.  I've been saying WTF most of this season - so I just want some 'splaining.  Either that or Dean took a nap after saving the sun and it's all just a bad dream.

With the writers' strike looming we might have a long wait for season 13.  Hope they can get their act together.

• Love 2

I hope they don't blow up the bunker; I love the set and I like the fact that Sam and Dean actually have some stability in their life and a place to call home.  That said, they really don't utilize much of it as a rule.  The dungeon has come in handy a couple of times, but an old warehouse would work as well.  The library has been useful, but maybe Sam has put it all in the cloud now (in his spare time).  The shooting range was used what - once?  Can use a field just as easily.  They have a garage full of cars they never use, etc.  I'd like to see a little more of how they spend their time there, personally.

I'm still waiting for the disaster Billie promised.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I'm still waiting for the disaster Billie promised.

I'm starting to think that "cosmic consequences" may not be all that disastrous.

Maybe it's more like altering the natural order even further than it's already been altered. Maybe it's changed something almost imperceptible but just enough for viewers to look at characters and think "Huh" that's weird. Something seems different. Like with Dean, for example.   I think it's fair to say that Dean's characterization has changed since Regarding Dean. even if viewers don't particularly agree on what that change was exactly. Some think he's become Valium!Dean, others think he's mellow!Dean, some think he's experienced character growth because he seemed let go of his anger over Mary and the BMOL,  some think Dean has given up and has become too quiet. Some think Dean is exactly the same. 

IMO, given our small sample size of viewers who choose to comment, seem to have such disparate views of Dean post Regarding Dean, then I would suggest something DID change and maybe that is the 'cosmic consequence'.

MO, is that Dean was the one who was going to go with Billie at the end of the prison break episode. Billie didn't really care which Winchester she took but IMO, the interaction between Dean and Cas in the back seat of the car was the tell that Dean was the one who was going to go with Billie. He's also the most logical choice because Sam is younger and Dean's Prime Directive is still that Sam MUST LIVE no matter what. Dean would not offer up Mary obviously because that isn't his choice to make for her and IMO, he would not be okay with her dying again. Mary interfered with Dean's  decision but he couldn't jump in because IMO he was still in shock that Mary had put a gun to her own head. iMO Dean was going to interfere when Cas stabbed Billie.

So I think something happened with Dean but I just don't know yet to what end. 

Disclaimer: I could be 100% completely wrong too. LOL

• Love 2

I really don't think there is going to be any "cosmic consequences".  I think it has been dropped, just like there were none when Death was killed, will be interesting to see if they pick it up.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Diane said:

I really don't think there is going to be any "cosmic consequences".  I think it has been dropped, just like there were none when Death was killed, will be interesting to see if they pick it up.

I think the difference is that there were no consequences promised by killing Death. Yes, reasonably there should have been but it wasn't per se promised by a character. In this case, Billie seemed pretty clear it would happen, unless she was just pontificating with (The)Empty threats, which is always a possibility.  Of course, maybe the cosmic consequence was her own death and she didn't see that coming LOL.

Misha had this to say back in March in TVLine that someone posted upthread previously but I can't find it right now.

Question: It’s been a while since I asked, so do you have any scoop on Dean for the upcoming episodes of Supernatural? —Joanna
Ausiello: Would you settle for something Cas-related instead? No? Too bad, ’cause that’s all I got. If you’re wondering whether Cas killing Billie the Reaper will have cosmic consequences — specifically for the angel himself — you’re not the only one. “As I’m reading upcoming scripts and seeing what’s happening to the characters, I have been asking myself that question, as well,” Misha Collins tells TVLine. “As far as I’ve seen, it’s not resolved yet. But there are a lot of things that crop up that I interpret as possibly having been cosmic consequences of that action.”

Who knows with these writers what they will do.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

IMO, given our small sample size of viewers who choose to comment, seem to have such disparate views of Dean post Regarding Dean, then I would suggest something DID change and maybe that is the 'cosmic consequence'.

I liked your entire post because you sound like you still have genuine hope that this actually happened, Catrox. I don't because I feel like I can't afford to hope for anything for Dean anymore where it regards this season. I've experienced enough disappointment for one year in that regard-thank you very much, Dabb and Co.- but I DO hope that your hope has some kind of a pay-off, because that would make it a nice and unexpected surprise for me. :-)

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I liked your entire post because you sound like you still have genuine hope that this actually happened, Catrox. I don't because I feel like I can't afford to hope for anything for Dean anymore where it regards this season. I've experienced enough disappointment for one year in that regard-thank you very much, Dabb and Co.- but I DO hope that your hope has some kind of a pay-off, because that would make it a nice and unexpected surprise for me. :-)

Heh. Well, thanks. I just was rewatching episodes Sunday night and last night and I guess I just don't want to believe that there is no point to what I think is a shift in Dean's characterization.  Of course, I might find out if there is a point, that I won't enjoy it but at least it would be something LOL. That said, I do have a completely alternate head!canon about what is happening but it's kind of negative and it's probably better for the bitterness threat. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Heh. Well, thanks. I just was rewatching episodes Sunday night and last night and I guess I just don't want to believe that there is no point to what I think is a shift in Dean's characterization.  Of course, I might find out if there is a point, that I won't enjoy it but at least it would be something LOL. That said, I do have a completely alternate head!canon about what is happening but it's kind of negative and it's probably better for the bitterness threat. 

I do hope your right and after everything ends I can go back and pick up on clues I missed.  I always enjoy your posts, I'd like to read your other head canon.

• Love 3

That said, I do have a completely alternate head!canon about what is happening but it's kind of negative and it's probably better for the bitterness threat. 

I will check it out Catrox. and Pondlass said

Either that or Dean took a nap after saving the sun and it's all just a bad dream.

Going the "It was all a dream" route is crap writing, the only exception being the finale of the second Bob Newhart show.  HOWEVER, the previous comment about the boys finding themselves in another world, or somesuch, made me wonder whether Dean has been in a coma since Cas and Sam cured him of his demon-ness.  The next ep was the musical.  Was Dean dreaming that there was a musical about their lives, that he killed Death, that his mom came back, that Lucifer is loose again, that he met god and god's SISTER? Is the other world that he finds himself in is one in which his mother and the BMOL, especially Lady PleaseDieNow, were never really there?  We could play this rewind scenario all kinds of ways, too.  Did they really survive the fifth season finale? Has he been in the empty since the end of season ten? I normally don't wish for such lazy writing, but my scenario would go a long way toward toward redeeming this show for me.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I do hope your right and after everything ends I can go back and pick up on clues I missed.  I always enjoy your posts, I'd like to read your other head canon.

Well thanks. That's nice of you to say. I'm gonna mull it over a bit more before I put it there. :)

5 minutes ago, Goldmoon said:

Was Dean dreaming that there was a musical about their lives, that he killed Death, that his mom came back, that Lucifer is loose again, that he met god and god's SISTER? Is the other world that he finds himself in is one in which his mother and the BMOL, especially Lady PleaseDieNow, were never really there?  We could play this rewind scenario all kinds of ways, too.  Did they really survive the fifth season finale? Has he been in the empty since the end of season ten? I normally don't wish for such lazy writing, but my scenario would go a long way toward toward redeeming this show for me.

Holy moly. . This would be AMAZING. I would welcome any and all of these options. I normally wouldn't like that kind of gotcha but since it's been bandied about these parts off and on in various ways for alternate universes/dream/empty I would welcome it that's for sure. And IMO it would explain all manner of things that don't really make sense for me.

I keep going back to Red Meat with the way OTT SuperSam in that episode. I've even thought that Sam really did die, and Dean had a mental breakdown and that was Dean's brain trying to find a way for Sam to have survived.  

• Love 3

Yeah, things in this show about the supernatural have gotten less and less believable, although I can't tell if these OTT scenes and scenarios are hints that all is not what it seems, or if we are just experiencing the results of poor writing. Oh, one more thing: Oz being a real place.  That HAS to mean someone is in a coma, doesn't it?

Edited by Goldmoon
  • Love 1

Hmmm. Mark Shepard has been posting some pics on his Instagram from the filming of the finale - of his and Cas with dirty faces etc. Just now he posted a pic of Crowley's make up bag with this caption

I wonder if the SPN crew know just how much I love them? What a trip. Literally changed my life. I owe you all so much. Xoxox.

Anyone else think that sounds like a 'goodbye'? Could Crowley be getting killed off - maybe so Lucifer can take over hell next season? 

2 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Anyone else think that sounds like a 'goodbye'? Could Crowley be getting killed off - maybe so Lucifer can take over hell next season? 

That does sound rather final, doesn't it?  I hope not.  I really enjoy Crowley.  Would they kill Crowley and keep Rowena?  The idea that they'd kill Crowley and keep Lucifer makes me extremely upset.  I suppose if Mark wants to explore something different, he might have asked to leave.  I know he's pretty involved in his music stuff right now, based on a lot of his tweets.  This is making me depressed.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Hmmm. Mark Shepard has been posting some pics on his Instagram from the filming of the finale - of his and Cas with dirty faces etc. Just now he posted a pic of Crowley's make up bag with this caption

I wonder if the SPN crew know just how much I love them? What a trip. Literally changed my life. I owe you all so much. Xoxox.

6 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Shepard is a troll. I've given up trying to figure out him out.

He says fairly often at cons how appreciative he is of the show, crew, cast and fans.  Maybe he's just feeling a lot of love.

And he could be announcing Crowley's death. And he could be trolling.

With him, you just never know. LOL 

Edited by catrox14

I remember at the end of s8, Osric Chau tweeted about he was going to miss this, with a picture of his chair on set.  Everyone thought he was getting killed in the finale, but it turned out he was just going to everyone during hiatus.

They seem to be filming her quite a bit.

Edited by ILoveReading

From the All Episodes thread,

@rue721 mentioned the BMOL basically being fascists and it sparked the following in my brain.

Maybe we'll find out the "old men" are actually Nazis or Neo-Nazis and it ties it back to the Hitler episode because that would actually make the existence of that episode somewhat worthwhile. Maybe we'll see the two young actors come back for some reason. It would explain why they feel children must kill each other and the stupid "Code".

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe we'll find out the "old men" are actually Nazis or Neo-Nazis and it ties it back to the Hitler episode because that would actually make the existence of that episode somewhat worthwhile. Maybe we'll see the two young actors come back for some reason. It would explain why they feel children must kill each other and the stupid "Code".

I hope not, as I'm not terribly fond of mixing real-life evil with my fantasy so directly. Obvious parallels, sure, but not "the demons have partnered with ISIS." 

IMO, it wouldn't help my sense that the MOL is over the top either. The "logic" underlying genocide is horrific, but internally consistent. If a person starts with the premise that members of group X are less than human, he or she can justify almost anything to themselves. In my non-fannish life, I'm a researcher in a humanities/social science field, and have lately been on a project that has me doing extensive research into the history of race slavery. Even as someone who was pretty well educated before this, the level of self-delusion -- often backed up with junk science and specious "rational" arguments -- on the part of those who justified the trade is astonishing to encounter. And these were often really, really smart people in other areas of their lives, Thomas Jefferson being one famous example. 

That's different from the BMOL, at this point, because they don't simply have a "kill all monsters" policy (which I'm not fond of conflating with RL genocide and persecution anyway, since most monster groups we've encountered are legitimately dangerous and possess substantive, as opposed to cosmetic or cultural, differences from humans, some of which justify assigning them a lesser moral status). They also think it is fine and dandy to kill children whom they acknowledge as human, rights-bearing agents for strategic reasons that don't really bear logical scrutiny, and to execute people who make honest, non-malicious mistakes in the fog of combat. None of that would be helped by attributing to them actual fascist logic. 

I kept this here because it bounces off of speculation, but if someone wants to reply in a totally un-spoilery way, we should probably take it to All Episodes. 

I've also considered starting a "Morality and Ethics Questions in SPN" thread, since this season, in particular, seems to be raising some overarching questions about the morality of hunting, the moral status of "monsters," etc.  Laziness will probably prevail, but if anyone else thinks it is a good idea, poach away. 

Edited by companionenvy
1 minute ago, companionenvy said:

I hope not, as I'm not terribly fond of mixing real-life evil with my fantasy so directly. Obvious parallels, sure, but not "the demons have partnered with ISIS."

Didn't they already go there with Everybody Hates Hitler with Nazi Necromancers and putting Hitler's soul in a horcrux?
I guess to me it isn't that far of a leap to have the top of the BMOL actually being evil Nazis.

2 hours ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I try not to take anything Mark Sheppard says about what's coming up seriously, but that does sound different than his usual "Crowley dies" trolling. Eh, I'm sticking with him being a little shit and not buying into it...today anyway. ;)

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Didn't they already go there with Everybody Hates Hitler with Nazi Necromancers and putting Hitler's soul in a horcrux?
I guess to me it isn't that far of a leap to have the top of the BMOL actually being evil Nazis.

Yeah, and I wasn't thrilled with that plotline. But I think it would be worse to tie it in with an arc-plot than to have it as a one-off. 

Okay I was looking at Mark S instagram and he has the location as

Squamish Sea to Sky Hwy

So my google fu has them in and around Brittania Beach in Squamish BC heading towards Whistler

ETA: Actually it could be anywhere on that highway 99.  Gods I have too much time on my hands. but this is fun

Edited by catrox14

So I was looking at that 2nd pic from  Jim Michaels

It looks like Jensen is kind of sinking a bit so I looked at the dirt around his feet, and it looks kind of tidy and there is a section in front of Singer between him and the boys, that i think is  a mat under the dirt for the guys to fall on. I think maybe this will be a fight scene and/or the boys are zapped somewhere and wake up on the ground. I was also thinking the mountains and the lake are important clues to where the episode is supposed to be taking place  so I'm thinking  Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah. Oregon,Washington, the Sierras, My other thought was what if this is supposed to be Ireland or Scotland and the boys are going to get Eileen. Or maybe Crowley or Cas (if he got his full powers back in Heaven) zapped the boys to Scotland to hide them from the BMOL.

Or... Timetravel...and we finally get the answer to "Cavemen or Astronauts" (ala "Angel").  But seriously, they do look like are weaponless. Or they are just dicking around with us.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

Or... Timetravel...and we finally get the answer to "Cavemen or Astronauts" (ala "Angel").  But seriously, they do look like are weaponless. Or they are just dicking around with us.

LOL at the Angel reference.that was the best joke that show ever did non puppet Angel division.

Maybe it's another part of Purgatory?

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Locations, nights, bears OH MY .  (Lions and tigers and bears OH MY)

Is that a hint this is really going to be Oz?

Well, I'm glad to see Dean's pissed at Cas as he should be.  But Cas sure seems sheepish to admit he went back to Heaven. I'm still not understanding why he just didn't tell Dean he was going. It better have a good payoff or it's just angst for the sake of angst between them.

• Love 1

That's a beautiful shot from Trisha Porter! 

And I loved the preview! I loved that Dean called Cas out on ignoring their calls and that Castiel was up front and honest about where he was! I still wish Cas had just told Dean he was going to heaven before he went, but at least no signal beats deliberately ignoring his calls.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

and honest about where he was! I still wish Cas had just told Dean he was going to heaven before he went, but at least no signal beats deliberately ignoring his calls.

Eh, if I were Dean, I'd still be pissed.  It seems pretty obvious that Cas didn't want Dean to know he was going to Heaven or he would have told him. Cas must have figured Dean was going to try and talk him out of going considering the inherent danger for Cas. I'm still annoyed that the writing never had Dean speculate that Cas might have gone back to Heaven but I guess I'll fanwank he didn't consider it as an option at all considering Cas is basically persona non grata in Heaven and why would Cas trust the angels at all.

I think it would be an interesting swerve if Cas was trying to find Mary's "cell" in Heaven or if he found out she was never in Heaven at all and now it makes a mystery of where she was.  Maybe he could give the boys an update on Bobby's whereabouts too, but I'm sure the show won't go there at all.

I like that Dean showed some passion in the clip. Hopefully, he cut down on his perscription. And hopefully it won`t end in another stupid apology.

That said, I don`t want nothing but strife for the episode. Hash it out and then don`t harp on it for the remainder of the episode.

Sam saying the birth will be around May 18th was so unbelievably cheesy, I rolled my eyes. I get what it was supposed to be but the character of Sam wouldn`t know when the Season Finale aired and ball-parking a birth date in the context he did it would lead to saying "mid May somewhere", not an exact fucking date.    

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Sam saying the birth will be around May 18th was so unbelievably cheesy, I rolled my eyes. I get what it was supposed to be but the character of Sam wouldn`t know when the Season Finale aired and ball-parking a birth date in the context he did it would lead to saying "mid May somewhere", not an exact fucking date.    

Yeah, I was like "Really, show?" That was silly to have him do that.

• Love 2

I thought the "May 18th" was a nod and a wink to fandom. OBVIOUSLY it's the finale.  When something is that obvious, it's best to lampshade it.  

LOVED seeing Cas. Oh my baby how much I've missed you.  I know we saw him in the previews, but hearing his voice does my heart good.

And yes, Dean expects you got some 'splaining to do there young man. Off frolicking with those who hate you.  Why?  

Actually, I expect Dean to flat out ask and Cas to flat out answer honestly.  I think we EXPECT lies and inherent conflict. So, under the category of "give them what they want but not in the way they want it"; Cas telling them what he learned and his purpose and it being at odds with the boys would work for me.  It's okay for good people to disagree.  Now, if Cas is keeping anything to himself, it'll be the price he'll (Cas) have to pay. Or already has paid.  That would fit with this years theme of: "Winchesters MUST LIVE" motto of Cas'.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, SueB said:

I thought the "May 18th" was a nod and a wink to fandom. OBVIOUSLY it's the finale.  When something is that obvious, it's best to lampshade it.  

Yes, it was clearly that and IMO silly. That's the kind of meta stuff that doesn't work for me. It's not something that needed lampshading IMO. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Eh, if I were Dean, I'd still be pissed.  It seems pretty obvious that Cas didn't want Dean to know he was going to Heaven or he would have told him. Cas must have figured Dean was going to try and talk him out of going considering the inherent danger for Cas. I'm still annoyed that the writing never had Dean speculate that Cas might have gone back to Heaven but I guess I'll fanwank he didn't consider it as an option at all considering Cas is basically persona non grata in Heaven and why would Cas trust the angels at all.

I think it would be an interesting swerve if Cas was trying to find Mary's "cell" in Heaven or if he found out she was never in Heaven at all and now it makes a mystery of where she was.  Maybe he could give the boys an update on Bobby's whereabouts too, but I'm sure the show won't go there at all.

Sorry I wasn't being clear! 

I am still annoyed that Castiel chose to go to heaven without telling Dean about it. It's a plot point I've complained about several times since the episode aired a month ago.

So what I meant is that while I dislike that past plot point I am somewhat relieved by the new information they've given this episode. Since if they have to have Cas ignore Dean's calls (as already established) I would rather it be due to signal issues in heaven than learn he's heard Deans messages and deliberately ignored them. 

So basically I'm pleased because this in my eyes was the best of a bad bunch of options haha

8 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

So what I meant is that while I dislike that past plot point I am somewhat relieved by the new information they've given this episode. Since if they have to have Cas ignore Dean's calls (as already established) I would rather it be due to signal issues in heaven than learn he's heard Deans messages and deliberately ignored them. 

I understand.  For me, even in that situation,  IMO that's kind of the same as ignoring Dean's calls because Cas HAD to have known Dean would be calling him so it was a convenient excuse for Cas.  I mean Cas could have popped down to the playground and called to say, "I'm okay. I've had spotty reception. I'll call you when I can". Or at least a dang text message.  Meh, it still rankles me.

Couple of comments on the sneak peak

- agree with the poster who cringed at the May 18th line. Far too on the nose

- I rolled my eyes so hard I could see the back of my skull when Cas just waltzed in! Whatever happened to 'safest place on Earth', 'warded against everything', 'only 1 key' etc re the Bunker? There are only 2 ways Cas could just walk in like that and neither make a lick of sense. Either they left the door unlocked which would be beyond idiotic, or they leave the key under a plant pot on the porch which is almost as bad. Sheesh!

- the whole 'where was Cas' story was one of those blatant 'I can see the joins' devices they've increasingly used in recent seasons as they've tried to widen out the cast of the show to give the Js more time off while still mainly sticking to Sam and Dean hunting just the 2 of them (as that is the formula that works for most fans). They keep Cas on (and Crowley, Mary, Lucifer etc) so that the Js don't have to work so many hours. But that means a) keeping their stories largely  separate from D&S which has IMO rarely worked and b) finding reasons for them to be absent for long stretches. We've seen it with Mary too this season. Their efforts to explain why she's barely spent any time with her own sons has only made her character incredibly unsympathetic. And in reality Cas wouldn't go totally incommunicado without telling Dean and Sam not to worry. 

- I'm worried they're writing cheques they won't be able to cash with the nephalim story. We know they won't kill Kelly so it'll be born. And the writers will doubtless forget that we've had a perfectly benign nephalim in the show before, so all the 'end of the world' rhetoric isn't landing for me. 

2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I like that Dean showed some passion in the clip. Hopefully, he cut down on his perscription. And hopefully it won`t end in another stupid apology.

I'm sure it just hasn't kicked in yet.  Since Berens (who wrote The Raid) also wrote this, I'm sure it will end with an apology.

I don't think Cas has been reprogrammed but I think he was probably convinced that the Nephilim had to be stopped and Cas's mission to eliminate Kelly.   I think he showed up at the bunker to steal the colt.  So I don't think he's being entirely upfront with Sam and Dean.

I wonder if Dean will discover that his picture is missing.

I understand.  For me, even in that situation,  IMO that's kind of the same as ignoring Dean's calls because Cas HAD to have known Dean would be calling him so it was a convenient excuse for Cas.  I mean Cas could have popped down to the playground and called to say, "I'm okay. I've had spotty reception. I'll call you when I can". Or at least a dang text message.  Meh, it still rankles me.

He didn't even have to pop down, he could have said he's working on a lead and will be unreachable for awhile and he'd be in touch when he could.

Edited by ILoveReading