Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Thinking about episode 18, Ketch is listed as a guest star on the spoiler sheet and this episode is giving me Out With Old vibes.  That ep description talked about Dean getting cursed by ballet shoes.  That was dealt with in the first part of the episode and the tone dramatically shifted to being all about the leviathans.  It started as a MOTW and turned into a mytharc one. 

That does make sense, but I wonder if it will be the boys working a random case while Ketch and the Brits begin hunting them? Maybe Sam and Dean don't even realize they're a target till the end of the episode?

It's probably just that I hope it's more of MotW than a myth episode. I could use a break from all the nonsense, myself. A simple, old fashioned, creepy hunt seems like a really nice way to accomplish that. Plus, Goat dude!! ;)

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

It maybe Ketch who spills the beans about where the colt came from. 

I'm guessing Dean knows already and that conversation happened off screen. It just doesn't seem like they're holding on to this as a secret considering Dean had no questions about the Colt and it didn't seem like Sam was holding anything back either.

But, the show does like it's "shocking" secret revelations, so, you just never know.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, ILoveReading said:

The talk about favorite/hardest to film finale comes out around 11:15

"I'll answer for both of us.  We haven't filmed it yet."  No specific reference to series/season. 

Jared going on to talk about the series finale gives me the impression that was what Jensen was referring to, but it really can be interpreted either way, IMO.

I also think that it's impossible to tell which one he was going for. And yes, he definitely did that purposefully in order to keep us guessing, IMO too-the little skootch. ;-)

Edited by Myrelle
15 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I also think that it's impossible to tell which one he was going for. And yes, he definitely did that purposefully in order to keep us guessing, IMO too-the little skootch. ;-)

I also think his reasoning for liking the s1 finale was interesting.  He mentioned all four characters we loved were in peril.  Foreshadowing?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

That does make sense, but I wonder if it will be the boys working a random case while Ketch and the Brits begin hunting them? Maybe Sam and Dean don't even realize they're a target till the end of the episode?

It's probably just that I hope it's more of MotW than a myth episode. I could use a break from all the nonsense, myself. A simple, old fashioned, creepy hunt seems like a really nice way to accomplish that. Plus, Goat dude!! ;)

I'm guessing Dean knows already and that conversation happened off screen. It just doesn't seem like they're holding on to this as a secret considering Dean had no questions about the Colt and it didn't seem like Sam was holding back anything from Dean either.

But, the show does like it's "shocking" secret revelations, so, you just never know.

I would be shocked if they made a writing and directing choice to leave that critical conversation off screen for a few reasons.

It's a HUGE thing to have the Colt back in Dean's orbit especially given the intense personal history he has with it as it relates to his loved ones.

John traded the Colt and himself for Deans life.

Dean killed Azazel with it, after so many years of pursuing the demon alongside John. His final words to Azazel spoken over his dead body were, "That was for our Mom, you son of a bitch"

He was sent back in time to meet to see he couldn't change the outcome of Azazel's intentions, nor stop it. That episode is often interpreted  as Dean being responsible for  putting Azazel onto  Mary's path because he  got the Colt from Elkins so he could kill him in the past.

Dean tried to kill Lucifer with it, who was after Sam.

Mary obfuscated her reasons for going after Ramiel which were to get the Colt from demon which literally almost killed Cas.

I will be astoundingly disappointed if we learn the  show left  that off screen, so I will continue to hold out hope that conversation  is forthcoming.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I also think his reasoning for liking the s1 finale was interesting.  He mentioned all four characters we loved were in peril.  Foreshadowing?

We can only hope. I also noticed that he said in another interview(I think it was posted on another thread at this site) when asked who he would switch role with in a body swap episode he picked Mark P's Lucifer-which I also found kind of interesting and thought-provoking-especially considering the idea/thought that he wanted to play DemonDean longer AND that that character was also pretty popular within the fandom and amongst the critics.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I will be astoundingly disappointed if we learn the  show left  that off screen, so I will continue to hold out hope that conversation  is forthcoming.

Me too.  I'm hoping part of the reason why the tag line of secrets and lies is about more than just the town.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I would be shocked if they made a writing and directing choice to leave that critical conversation off screen for a few reasons.

Eh. They've left many important conversations off-screen. I'm not getting my hopes up because their track record is less than stellar in this regard. 

ETA: I also think it would've come up last episode if it were going to be discussed in any serious way. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

We can only hope. I also noticed that he said in another interview(I think it was posted on another thread at this site) when asked who he would switch role with in a body swap episode he picked Mark P's Lucifer-which I also found kind of interesting and thought-provoking-especially considering the idea/thought that he wanted to play DemonDean longer AND that that character was also pretty popular within the fandom and amongst the critics.

I found this interesting too, because it seemed kind of random and out of left field.  I don't recall Jensen ever expressing interest in playing Lucifer before. 

5 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

He also specified he wouldn't want to do that because he thinks Pellegrino is so good at the  role that he wouldnt want to have to follow that up. So I don't think that will happen.

Well, it might make the Lucifer sl more interesting. They'd probably hand Michael over to Sam/JP, though. I wouldn't like that, but it would be typical of these writers. And it would explain the retconning of Michael into Lucifer's "little bro" and why they gave Sam the kill with the Michael spear in that Perez-penned episode.

IDK, though. It's probably more likely that they're just giving Michael to Sam/JP or that Lucifer is going to possess Sam again. I always thought that was their biggest reason for bringing Lucifer back in the first place in S11 and after his being gone so long and why Michael had to stay in the cage-that being to quell the waves that any MichaelDean fans who are still out there might make about Lucifer being the only one who was allowed to "escape".

47 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If I had a nickel for every time they've left critical scene off screen that I felt should've been done on, I might be pretty well off... .

I'm not saying it's the right choice or even that I'm correct in my assessment, it just seems to me, by what we saw on screen, that Dean already knows; I just didn't get that secret-y vibe from it.

But, I could totally be wrong, though. It would also be unusual for them to pass up the opportunity to milk a secrets and lies situation, so... .

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

Significant, consequential conversations seem to be held off screen lately and we're left to figure things out for ourselves.   I don't know where anybody's at.  I don't know why anybody does or says anything anymore. I can only guess at motives these days. Mary and Sam have me flummoxed.

I would never complain about the quality of acting.  They all mostly bring it (especially Js and Ms and especially Jensen). But they're being let down by  uninspired writing (and sloppy editing).  It's frustrating.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

Maybe Sam and Dean don't even realize they're a target till the end of the episode?

This is what I think is going to happen.  Sketch is hunting them while they are hunting Goat Dude.*

(*I couldn't let you have all the fun saying Goat Dude!)

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I think Dean said he actually knew the entire time, but that - to me - didn't seem to jibe with what we saw of Dean in the first episode.

At first I didn't think Dean remembered but then upon my 2nd viewing of the episode I thought it was more or less clear that he and Sam both knew he was lying when Sam questioned him which was immediately followed by the scene of Dean looking at himself in the bathroom mirror and the sounds of the battle to get him out. I've always figured he remembered more but he couldn't handle talking about it.

50 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

And I  often wonder if complaints from viewers concerning season 6 and 7 - which I liked - maybe might have contributed to the crap that we got in season 8 where the writers maybe attempted to bring Sam and Dean back to the "glory days" of season 4 (or early season 1)... except that based on what had happened in the show, that - to me - didn't make sense anymore and instead just made the characters seem even more out of character and screwed with continuity worse since the show had evolved beyond that by season 8.

I'm of the probably unpopular opinion that the PTB/writers do not cave or cater to the fans. I base that solely on the evidence of Buck/Lemming being allowed to write the crap they write. I have never once read anything positive about the duo from any fan, the closest thing to it would be comments like not bad for who wrote it or that wasn't as offensive as I feared it would be. 

4 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

It's probably just that I hope it's more of MotW than a myth episode. I could use a break from all the nonsense, myself. A simple, old fashioned, creepy hunt seems like a really nice way to accomplish that. Plus, Goat dude

I'm hoping that they don't kill Goat dude,instead they find some sort of peaceful goat people commune for him to integrate into, giving us the viewers the simple joy of pondering when goat dude will be back and how the others goat dudes are doing and what they are doing. #save GoatDude 

Edited by trxr4kids
complete sentences are important
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

I'm hoping that they don't kill Goat dude,instead they find some sort of peaceful goat people commune for him to integrate into, giving us the viewers the simple joy of pondering when goat dude will be back and how the others goat dudes are doing and what they are doing. #save GoatDude 

#SaveGoatDude indeed! ;)

• Love 3

I just want to know what it is about #GoatDude that is so special that Dean needs to use the Colt. AND does this mean that Sam and Dean are now making their own special bullets again?

And why didn't Sam ever trot out that special bullet recipe Bobby gave him lo those many years ago to use in other guns, JUST IN CASE it's the bullets and not the firing device..

I'm just sayin' 

I'm not thinking we're going to get any big Colt conversation.  Dean looked thrilled to see the Colt again, and not the least bit surprised or questioning as to where it came from.  I have to assume that Jared would have told him that's how he killed the Alpha Vamp.  Without the Colt, they'd have all died.  I doubt that was left out of the conversation then.  Whether or not he knows that Mary stole it from the Prince of Hell is another matter, but I would think these would all be questions he would ask as soon as the subject of the Colt came up.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I not thinking we're going to get any big Colt conversation.  Dean looked thrilled to see the Colt again, and not the least bit surprised or questioning as to where it came from.  I have to assume that Jared would have told him that's how he killed the Alpha Vamp.  Without the Colt, they'd have all died.  I doubt that was left out of the conversation then.  Whether or not he knows that Mary stole it from the Prince of Hell is another matter, but I would think these would all be questions he would ask as soon as the subject of the Colt came up.

I think Dean looked thrilled precisely because he doesn't know the dirty details yet. 

And yes he  would ask ALL the questions. That doesn't mean after his initial response of being excited, that he wouldn't stop and say..."Wait, where did you get this?"

IMO, I would be massively disappointed with Dean if he was all "Oh no big. Mom lied to us, Cas was dying because of it and she never told us the truth of how she got it.".

This is why I'm holding out hope that the conversation is still forthcoming

• Love 1
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I just want to know what it is about #GoatDude that is so special that Dean needs to use the Colt.

My guess only - He's a god? Maybe Pan? And on this show, those Greek and Roman gods are generally trouble. And I can see Pan being all sorts of trouble, because if I remember correctly - and I don't think they would go there, but... - one of the things Pan does besides sometimes being loud (inciting "panic") and playing his flute is "making merry" and I'm guessing those he wants to "make merry" with may not necessarily be "willing?" Since Pan is associated with Spring, too, it would be the right time of the year for him to pop up, too.

And if it is Pan... nope, nope, nope to #SavetheGoatDude, because Supernatural's version of Pan I expect would be creepy and not something I would want to stay living... just a big, old nope to potentially horny, pushy*, jealous** Goat Dude.

* Looking on Wikipedia, there are many legends of various women and nymphs turning themselves or having others turn them into inanimate objects just to escape Pan's advances / attention.

** One version of the legends had Pan being angry that the nymph Echo was not interested in him (or any man) and had his followers hunt her down and tear her to pieces - yikes.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AwesomO4000 said:

My guess only - He's a god? Maybe Pan? And on this show, those Greek and Roman gods are generally trouble. And I can see Pan being all sorts of trouble, because if I remember correctly - and I don't think they would go there, but... - one of the things Pan does besides sometimes being loud (inciting "panic") and playing his flute is "making merry" and I'm guessing those he wants to "make merry" with may not necessarily be "willing?" Since Pan is associated with Spring, too, it would be the right time of the year for him to pop up, too.

And if it is Pan... nope, nope, nope to #SavetheGoatDude, because Supernatural's version of Pan I expect would be creepy and not something I would want to stay living... just a big, old nope to potentially horny, pushy*, jealous** Goat Dude.

* Looking on Wikipedia, there are many legends of various women and nymphs turning themselves or having others turn them into inanimate objects just to escape Pan's advances / attention.

** One version of the legends had Pan being angry that the nymph Echo was not interested in him (or any man) and had his followers hunt her down and tear her to pieces - yikes.

Ohhh this is good spec. I'm with you. Don't save the GoatDude if he's a bad Pan.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

But Billie is dead :(.

I refuse to allow that to kill a good goat joke and am pretending it didn't happen to further my goat dude commune delusions speculation. ; )

• Love 5
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think Dean looked thrilled precisely because he doesn't know the dirty details yet. 

And yes he  would ask ALL the questions. That doesn't mean after his initial response of being excited, that he wouldn't stop and say..."Wait, where did you get this?"

IMO, I would be massively disappointed with Dean if he was all "Oh no big. Mom lied to us, Cas was dying because of it and she never told us the truth of how she got it.".

This is why I'm holding out hope that the conversation is still forthcoming

If we don't get a conversation I'm going to head canon that Dean put two and two together and figured out what Mary was up too and didn't ask because he doesn't want to be lied to again. 

We do know that Jody is in ep 22.  I just hope she isn't there to lecture Dean about his confrontation with Mary and him ending up taking back what he said. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

If we don't get a conversation I'm going to head canon that Dean put two and two together and figured out what Mary was up too and didn't ask because he doesn't want to be lied to again. 

Backup Head!canon...accepted!

16 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

We do know that Jody is in ep 22.  I just hope she isn't there to lecture Dean about his confrontation with Mary and him ending up taking back what he said. 

I'm going to remain hopeful that Jody's support of him in Asa Fox will remain consistent. I really hope that Jody gives Mary a piece of her mind about the boys. Enough time has passed IMO that Jody would feel more free to give her whatfor.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

So  are they still currently filming 22. Does this confirm Briana in 22 if this is really BTS from 22? HMMMM

Brianna has shown up at set when Kim was there before (see S11 gag reel) just for shits and giggles.  So, I'm not expecting her in EP22.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Interesting camera angles.  I wonder if the far away shot is meant to be seen from Black Bill's eyes (based on "Bill's House" preview) or just put in there for perspective.

Very MOTW. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Is Dabb trying to tell me Goat Dude is a manic? ;)

He's a maniac, a maniac on the floor, and he's dancing like he's never danced before.....

• Love 4

I don't think the maniac is going to be the GOATDUDE. I think it's gonna be more like Dean or Sam will be dancing  like they never danced before as in running for their lives from the Men of Letters.

5 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm surprised we haven't gotten an inside the episode sneak peek.   

That's a good point. I wonder if it's ito have a HUGE reveal they don't want to spoil or because this episode is baaaddd..

#nokidding #sorrynotsorry

• Love 2

“Twigs & Twine & Tasha Banes” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

RICHARD SPEIGHT, JR. DIRECTS – Alicia Banes (guest star Kara Royster) calls Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) for help after her mother, Tasha (guest star Alvina August), goes missing. Sam (Jared Padalecki) answers Mary’s phone and he and Dean (Jensen Ackles) head out to help Alicia and her twin brother, Max (guest star Kendrick Sampson), find their mother who was hunting a powerful witch. Meanwhile, Mary starts to have some doubts about the British Men of Letters. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode written by Steve Yockey (#1220). Original airdate 5/4/2017.

Better late than never, Mary...unless of course it is too late..

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Better late than never, Mary...unless of course it is too late..

I guess Mary has to learn the hard way that when Dean speaks you listen. 

I wonder why Sam has Mary's phone.  Maybe she finally decided to pay a visit.  Or Dean has completely cut her off.

39 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Meanwhile, Mary starts to have some doubts about the British Men of Letters.

OOOOOoooooh my gosh. Finally. I wonder what the BMOL are gonna have to do to finally make her have some doubts.

• Love 1