Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm freaking terrified of this episode.  If Dabb and Singer are not being teasing asshats, I think something really bad happens to Cas.

Me too! I think another poster mentioned the fact that Cas' looks similar to the people who were infected when Amara/The Darkness was first released. Since we know she has a low opinion of Cas, perhaps she's the one who infects him as a part of the cosmic consequences :s

Edited by Wayward Son
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Me too! I think another poster mentioned the fact that Cas' looks similar to the people who were infected when Amara/The Darkness was first released. Since we know she has a low opinion of Cas, perhaps she's the one who infects him as a part of the cosmic consequences :s

I think that was me.  I dunno. I had a wild ass thought that maybe it's actually Death. I'll be pissed though if they recast Death

• Love 2

I'm terrified of that damn video!  Those guys in post-production know how to make a promo.  I wish they'd get proper recognition.

*keening back and forth for a while*

• Love 5

I was always pretty certain Cas would be fine by the end of this episode because he's supposed to be in episodes 15 and 19. Now, I'm actually getting worried that those spoilers are false leaks to make his death in this episode truly surprising. 

I'm a paranoid and anxious fan this week :( 

*mutters* "He'll be okay, he'll be okay, he'll be okay."

Actually, my rationale side knows full well that Cas is on the show until there is no show.  J2 said as much last year and I just don't see them letting anything happen to him.  And before folks say, they're just the actors... the boys were instrumental in getting Misha and Mark as regulars.  This isn't just a story issue.  But that doesn't mean we aren't in for a shit-ton of pain/fear/hyperventilating.  I fully expect that. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

Actually, my rationale side knows full well that Cas is on the show until there is no show.  J2 said as much last year and I just don't see them letting anything happen to him.  And before folks say, they're just the actors... the boys were instrumental in getting Misha and Mark as regulars.  This isn't just a story issue.  But that doesn't mean we aren't in for a shit-ton of pain/fear/hyperventilating.  I fully expect that. 

I wish I could feel as secure as that! In my opinion though, as much as I love Castiel, I don't think any character who isn't Sam and Dean are 100% safe and guaranteed to last till the end. I mean just look at Bobby / Jim Beaver. If you asked the average fan in s6 they'd have probably said he was unlikely to be killed off any time soon.  Yet less than a year later the characters killed off and reduced to the occasional spectral / flashback appearance. 

Edited by Wayward Son
16 minutes ago, SueB said:

Unless Misha himself wants to move on. Although that's probably irrelevant because I don't think he does?

• Love 1

I don't think he does. In fact, unless news breaks that Smith or Connell have signed on as regulars, I don't believe cas fans have anything to worry about. They need him to give J2 time off. 

Course, they could turn him into a reaper for a few episodes, but that wouldn't be much different than him being lucifer for the bulk of last season. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I think Cas is safe-ish as long as they still need Misha around to give J2 a break. And if Cas goes before stinkin' Crowley, I'm going to have a fit.

My WAG -- or, actually, way-out-hope -- is that the damage Cas's body means that we get an episode where he has to temporarily take Dean as a vessel. And no, I don't mean that in a Destiel way. But Dean never actually wound up serving as an angelic vessel, has the bloodline to do it, and would never be likelier to say "yes" than a case in which Cas's life were on the line. 

We also did just get a reminder, in case we needed one, that Cas isn't tied to the Jimmy Novak body. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Sam gets his head whacked by someone on the porch.

Of course he does

They've both had enough concussions that they should start worrying about chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)!  Unless Cas has been fixing their brains every once in a while...

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

My WAG -- or, actually, way-out-hope -- is that the damage Cas's body means that we get an episode where he has to temporarily take Dean as a vessel. And no, I don't mean that in a Destiel way. But Dean never actually wound up serving as an angelic vessel, has the bloodline to do it, and would never be likelier to say "yes" than a case in which Cas's life were on the line.

I love this idea. Absolutely love it. And it would explain why Dean would not be around as much in the next few episodes. But I doubt they will do it. For some silly reason, they have never let Jensen portray an angel even though many in his fanbase have hoped for it since he was named the OTV of Michael back in s4. But hope still springs eternal for some of us when it comes to this.

I do wonder though why they brought up the idea of soul swapping in the last episode.

I've been thinking that maybe Cas is going to end up being a nephilim himself as in part grace and part human soul since he was human for a hot minute.

9 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I love this idea. Absolutely love it. And it would explain why Dean would not be around as much in the next few episodes. But I doubt they will do it. For some silly reason, they have never let Jensen portray an angel even though many in his fanbase have hoped for it since he was named the OTV of Michael back in s4. But hope still springs eternal for some of us when it comes to this.

l love the idea too.  I remember wondering if it was a possibility when Misha mentioned possessing Dean during a couple of cons in a row.  I don't remember the exact questions asked.  I think it was along the line of something, if you could swap bodies who would it be.  (or something similar).  Although, it was early season so most likely this ep didn't have a script yet.

I really hope if they are bringing up Michael (the screen caps show a picture and it looks like the guy is holding Michael's spear) I hope they remember its Dean who has the connection to him. 

Random things I noticed in the new video:

Someone's been fishing - guy walking back to the house with fishing rod and creel.

Crowley and a black eyed demon are present at some point.  Said demon is holding what looks like the spear (but the top is covered.)

Cas? (if he's the one infected with Amara/croatoan virus) - is 'bleeding' black leviathan looking goo.

And a question - who is the actor with the stopwatch?  His voice is really familiar but I can't place his face.  (I do this all the time - I'm more likely to remember people from their voices than faces.)

9 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

And a question - who is the actor with the stopwatch?  His voice is really familiar but I can't place his face.  (I do this all the time - I'm more likely to remember people from their voices than faces.)

He looks familiar to me too, but I can't seem to place him right now. On another note, you mentioned in another thread you wouldn't mind seeing Wally from First Blood again, looks like he's back based on the photos posted. 

17 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Well, at least we didn't see him tied to a small chair!

Ah, another classic. You never know, it could happen too, if they're really going retro! ;)

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I really hope if they are bringing up Michael (the screen caps show a picture and it looks like the guy is holding Michael's spear) I hope they remember its Dean who has the connection to him. 

Me too. But if Cas is getting a new iteration and that IS Michael holding the sword then it's far more likely that it will be Cas who is going to host Michael and it would be in keeping with their policy of anyone but Dean(and JA) being allowed an angelic role. I wish they would prove me wrong about that, but at this point, I feel pretty safe in saying it.

11 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

On another note, you mentioned in another thread you wouldn't mind seeing Wally from First Blood again, looks like he's back based on the photos posted. 

They'd better not kill him off!

11 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

29 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Well, at least we didn't see him tied to a small chair!

Ah, another classic. You never know, it could happen too, if they're really going retro! ;)

*Le Sigh*...One can only hope!  ;)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

27 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

He looks familiar to me too, but I can't seem to place him right now.

Reminds me of Alastair, especially in profile.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I think if the show ever has Michael!Dean it would be at the end of the show and I'm not even sure they would do it then.

I highly doubt the show will ever let it happen either, but I'd be satisfied if the show remembers that its Dean who has the connection or even if its just Dean being  being the only one able to use the Michael sword.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, companionenvy said:

We also did just get a reminder, in case we needed one, that Cas isn't tied to the Jimmy Novak body. 

11 hours ago, Myrelle said:

But...if Cas is possessing Dean, it would still be Dean's body, so Jensen wouldn't get any more time off (I assume that's what you mean by Dean not being around as much?)  Besides, that wouldn't help save Jimmy.  Gadreel had to possess Sam in order to heal Sam's body, so it would take another angel possessing Jimmy's body to heal him.

Hmmm...I could (maybe) see Cas "sharing" Dean's body so they can work a case while Jimmy's body is in the hospital recovering, but it would be a stretch (I think Jimmy's an empty vessel now, so he'd be considered brain-dead, and I think Dean would balk at anyone--even Cas--having full access to all his thoughts and feelings, even though theoretically Cas already knows everything.)   

But I think having Cas/Dean share bodies would just amp up the Destiel battle (or have the proponents declare that it's now canon and demand acknowledgement) so I don't think it's going to happen.  

16 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

mmm...I could (maybe) see Cas "sharing" Dean's body so they can work a case while Jimmy's body is in the hospital recovering, but it would be a stretch (I think Jimmy's an empty vessel now, so he'd be considered brain-dead, and I think Dean would balk at anyone--even Cas--having full access to all his thoughts and feelings, even though theoretically Cas already knows everything.)

I think since Guck rebuilt Cas twice in Jimmy's meatsuit it's really all Cas now. No more Jimmy memories etc, which might explain why whatever happens to Cas in this episode is so destructive to him. Maybe it's killing Cas and his permanent meatsuit. Maybe Dean would allow Cas to possess him for a hot minute and they take Cas' meatsuit somewhere to be healed again. (Hey maybe there's a Lazarus Pit not being used by Arrow....).  I have to say, I would be curious to see how Jensen would play Cas.

Edited by catrox14
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think since Guck rebuilt Cas twice in Jimmy's meatsuit it's really all Cas now. No more Jimmy memories etc, which might explain why whatever happens to Cas in this episode is so destructive to him. Maybe it's killing Cas and his permanent meatsuit. Maybe Dean would allow Cas to possess him for a hot minute and they take Cas' meatsuit somewhere to be healed again. (Hey maybe there's a Lazarus Pit not being used by Arrow....).  I have to say, I would be curious to see how Jensen would play Cas.

Yeah, that's actually what I meant when I said Jimmy was an empty vessel--that it's not Jimmy in any way, shape or form, so it would just be an empty body.  I could see Cas  hiding in Dean while doctors trying to repair the body without knowing there's no one home (and maybe they could, at which point Cas would be able to swoop in like Ruby2 taking over the brain-dead girl.)   I don't know what happens to "reconstructed" bodies (like Anna's and Jimmy's)...are they completely human or just memorex?

Edited by ahrtee
Editor tried to combine two separate posts into one. I hate that.
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Yeah, that's actually what I meant when I said Jimmy was an empty vessel--that it's not Jimmy in any way, shape or form, so it would just be an empty body.  I could see Cas  hiding in Dean while doctors trying to repair the body without knowing there's no one home (and maybe they could, at which point Cas would be able to swoop in like Ruby2 taking over the brain-dead girl.)   I don't know what happens to "reconstructed" bodies (like Anna's and Jimmy's)...are they completely human or just memorex?

Oh I misunderstood. I seem to have reading comprehension problems today.. Sorry

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't know what happens to "reconstructed" bodies (like Anna's and Jimmy's)...are they completely human or just memorex?

They're basically zombies...    which leaves an opening for JDM to come back to the show, right? :)

Also:

33 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think since Guck rebuilt Cas twice

I love that you still call him Guck.  Makes me smile every time.  

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
pfft - grammar's not important, right?
  • Love 1

So, I was thinking about Mary offering herself in place of the boys. Mary is actually a Campbell by blood and a Winchester by marriage, so if it was a blood oath between the Winchesters and Billie, would Mary even be acceptable to fulfill that blood oath?  I mean Billie would have taken her because she wanted to reap her before, but I don't think that would have fulfilled the blood oath.

Seems to me Dean and Sam are still up for reaping unless the blood oath was only between Billie specifically and the boys and doesn't pass to another reaper.

What say you?

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

This is a peculiar and kind of creepy Valentine's Day greeting from Alaina....could this be a clue that Abaddon or Josie makes an appearance this season? Maybe in the Gavin/Crowley episode?

Its possible. Maybe part of the "cosmic consequences" is that some of the demons that Sam and Dean killed will come back to life (The Yellow-Eyed Demon will be especially interesting to see, in my opinion, because of what he did to Mary). 

I was also thinking that maybe the cosmic consequences will affect the cage and this is why we're seeing that picture of Michael and later in season we'll also see Lucifer again.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So, I was thinking about Mary offering herself in place of the boys. Mary is actually a Campbell by blood and a Winchester by marriage, so if it was a blood oath between the Winchesters and Billie, would Mary even be acceptable to fulfill that blood oath?  I mean Billie would have taken her because she wanted to reap her before, but I don't think that would have fulfilled the blood oath.

Seems to me Dean and Sam are still up for reaping unless the blood oath was only between Billie specifically and the boys and doesn't pass to another reaper.

What say you?

I thought of the birth vs. marriage thing at the time Mary made the offer.  But then, I think of like this: if say someone owes me money and I decide to take another form of payment in lieu of cash, then that's my prerogative and the agreement has still been honored.  Because I am the one owed, I am the one able to alter the terms.  So with the agreement (oath) between Sam, Dean, and Bille - Billie was the one "owed" a life.  If she decided to accept alternate terms (Mary's life) that's her right and the deal has been fulfilled.  

For this reason also, I don't think it's transferable to any other reaper.  Otherwise, Cas killing Billie made no sense.  And wouldn't Cas know how blood oaths/deals with reapers work?

• Love 1

Hey I'm new to this site but I've been watching supernatural from the beginning.  It's pretty obvious to me that Cass is going to die in the last episode due to the cosmic consequences and Dean will come to get him out of wherever he is at the beginning of the next season.  Just like a reverse from when Dean went to hell in last episode of season 3/lazarus rising.  They won't kill off Cass for any reason imo.  Someone has to die at the end of the season anyway and there has to be a big redemption arc.  Not too hard to figure out because cause broke the blood spell from Billie.   Nice to meet you guys.                      Marc

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

Hey I'm new to this site but I've been watching supernatural from the beginning.  It's pretty obvious to me that Cass is going to die in the last episode due to the cosmic consequences and Dean will come to get him out of wherever he is at the beginning of the next season.  Just like a reverse from when Dean went to hell in last episode of season 3/lazarus rising.  They won't kill off Cass for any reason imo.  Someone has to die at the end of the season anyway and there has to be a big redemption arc.  Not too hard to figure out because cause broke the blood spell from Billie.   Nice to meet you guys.                      Marc

Hi Marc and welcome to the forums :) 

I actually quite like the idea of the scenario you set up with the writers creating a parallel between Castiel rescuing Dean from peridition and Dean having to rescue Cas from the empty, or wherever they choose to send his soul :). 

1 hour ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I thought of the birth vs. marriage thing at the time Mary made the offer.  But then, I think of like this: if say someone owes me money and I decide to take another form of payment in lieu of cash, then that's my prerogative and the agreement has still been honored.  Because I am the one owed, I am the one able to alter the terms.  So with the agreement (oath) between Sam, Dean, and Bille - Billie was the one "owed" a life.  If she decided to accept alternate terms (Mary's life) that's her right and the deal has been fulfilled.  

For this reason also, I don't think it's transferable to any other reaper.  Otherwise, Cas killing Billie made no sense.  And wouldn't Cas know how blood oaths/deals with reapers work?

I thought well maybe it being a blood oath is why it has cosmic consequences for not being fulfilled for both the boys and Billie.  Like maybe it's not something a reaper is supposed to typically do to get a soul to wherever they are supposed to go.

25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I thought well maybe it being a blood oath is why it has cosmic consequences for not being fulfilled for both the boys and Billie.  Like maybe it's not something a reaper is supposed to typically do to get a so[ul to wherever they are supposed to go.

Well, I guess reapers don't normally need to make deals at all to get a soul, do they?  I mean, normally the people are dead and their choice is become a vengeful spirit or move on, so moving on probably seems pretty good.  Unless they know they're going to hell.  In which case do hellhounds drag everyone off who is bound for hell or only the people who sold their souls?

But I'm not quite sure what they really meant by a 'blood oath', except that it was sealed in blood.  I guess that's more binding than just a handshake.  [If it were a handshake with Death, however, that would stick!]  Is like an 'unbreakable vow' from Harry Potter?

31 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

But I'm not quite sure what they really meant by a 'blood oath', except that it was sealed in blood.  I guess that's more binding than just a handshake.  [If it were a handshake with Death, however, that would stick!]  Is like an 'unbreakable vow' from Harry Potter?

I know nothing about Harry Potter.  I guess what I'm saying is that if a reaper makes a blood oath with a human before they die then the blood oath is more binding on some level than a regular promise that can be broken.  Kind of how blood is needed for an angel banishing sigil to work.  I guess I'm saying that the universe might really take exception to a blood oath not being honored because one of the parties to said blood oath is murdered.

2 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Is like an 'unbreakable vow' from Harry Potter?

Considering Sam and Dean are still alive, I'd say not.  ;-)  But they have been known to run with similar ideas and themes, so it's possible that a Reaper (or perhaps Death) will try to take Sam and/or Dean, only to have Cas step up and say he's the one who broke the pact and he should be the one taken.

Self-sacrifice is so popular with the Winchesters, even the adopted ones.  ;-)

8 hours ago, goldy said:

Its possible. Maybe part of the "cosmic consequences" is that some of the demons that Sam and Dean killed will come back to life (The Yellow-Eyed Demon will be especially interesting to see, in my opinion, because of what he did to Mary).

That's a really cool idea!

I still think YED was the best Big Bad they ever had, by a long shot. I really do wish they would bring him back again.

It would be interesting to see how Mary would react. And jeez, Sam and Dean would be freaking the hell out.

9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Mary is actually a Campbell by blood and a Winchester by marriage, so if it was a blood oath between the Winchesters and Billie, would Mary even be acceptable to fulfill that blood oath?

What was the wording of the blood oath? I don't remember.

Mary is blood related to Sam and Dean, so I would think that she would be able to take either of their places in fulfilling a blood pact. I would think it's the blood tie and not the last name that actually matters.

That seems like the usual way it works on this show.

Makes me wonder -- was Adam technically a Winchester? I would have thought that he would have had his mom's name instead, since John wasn't in his life for so long. Not that that's really that relevant in any case

8 hours ago, bozodegama said:

Hi Marc. I don't like the idea of Dean dying in Cas's place, because it doesn't make sense to me that a human would die in place of an angel. That just doesn't seem like a fair trade, if only because Dean has a soul and Cas doesn't.

BUT that does make me wonder about Dean maybe dying, and I actually do like that idea. (Given that he would have to come back!) It would be interesting to see how Mary and Sam would deal with it. Also, I'd like to see Dean go to heaven and get involved with that revolt that Bobby started. That's like the one single storyline that I liked for Bobby, and they just dropped it!

In any case, it would be interesting for either Sam or Dean to die and for Mary and the surviving brother to be left behind. It would kind of mirror Mary's death way back when. I guess I always find Sam and Dean's past and upbringing really fascinating, so any sort of remix of their "origin story" is always up my alley. YMMV.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Mary is blood related to Sam and Dean, so I would think that she would be able to take either of their places in fulfilling a blood pact. I would think it's the blood tie and not the last name that actually matters.

I understand that but it was all about having a Winchester. That seemed to be the big thing, not just blood with Dean and Sam but both blood and being a Winchester.

22 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Makes me wonder -- was Adam technically a Winchester? I would have thought that he would have had his mom's name instead, since John wasn't in his life for so long. Not that that's really that relevant in any case

Adam was John's son so he was a Winchester by blood but he had his mom's last name, Milligan.

Edited by catrox14
19 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I understand that but it was all about having a Winchester. That seemed to be the big thing, not just blood with Dean and Sam but both blood and being a Winchester.

Mary does have the name, though. Her name is Mary Winchester *and* she has a blood tie with the men who made the oath to Billie. So I don't see why she wouldn't count? Both in terms of the letter of the oath (the name) and in in terms of its spirit (the blood relationship).

Personally, I don't think the name matters in any case, just like it didn't for Adam. Just like it wouldn't have for John, if he'd been adopted by his (hypothetical) stepfather or something. IMO on Supernatural a name is only important in that it's used as a shorthand for someone's bloodline -- but it's still the bloodline that's important.

I'm not big on the idea that bloodlines are so important, frankly, but that's what the show seems to emphasize.

Edited by rue721
misused a word HOW EMBARRASSING
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Mary does have the name, though. Her name is Mary Winchester *and* she has a blood tie with the men who made the oath to Billie. So I don't see why she wouldn't count? Both in terms of the letter of the oath (the name) and in in terms of its spirit (the blood relationship).

Mary had the name by marriage. That's all I'm saying. I have NO idea whether it would count or not. It was just something I thought about in regards to the blood oath. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong or vice versa. Just something I thought about.  that's all.

Regarding the impact of Gavin not dying.... to me the biggest impact was finding out where Crowley's bones were buried and thus saving Bobby.  Other than that, whether he be at the bottom of the sea or in the future, he stopped having an impact on the timeline in 1723.  OTOH, he exists TODAY which changes the future.... but that's sort of okay.

And they never justified the Bobby gaffe IMO.  Sure, you could say Bobby would have found a different way to get to Crowley's bones... but then Rufus wouldn't have swallowed the ring and I loved just about everything in that episode.  

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, SueB said:

Regarding the impact of Gavin not dying.... to me the biggest impact was finding out where Crowley's bones were buried and thus saving Bobby.  Other than that, whether he be at the bottom of the sea or in the future, he stopped having an impact on the timeline in 1723.  OTOH, he exists TODAY which changes the future.... but that's sort of okay.

And they never justified the Bobby gaffe IMO.  Sure, you could say Bobby would have found a different way to get to Crowley's bones... but then Rufus wouldn't have swallowed the ring and I loved just about everything in that episode.  

Rufus swallowing the ring constantly sends Mick into hysterical laughter!

Depending on the day, Mick is either 8 or 12 years old, but I'm used to it.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, SueB said:

9 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Rufus swallowing the ring constantly sends Mick into hysterical laughter!

Depending on the day, Mick is either 8 or 12 years old, but I'm used to it.

This episode gives me the giggles every time I watch it. 

• Love 1