Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

https://www.facebook.com/officialmisha/videos/1100244526664220/

Really interesting video with Misha, Rob Benedict, and Jerry Wanek.  Touring a set they're currently filming on.  While talking about some panels they had built, Wanek said that one of them will look "very familiar".  Hmmm.  (ETA  He later mentions that they took some things from the Men of Letters set, so maybe that's what he was referring to, but they acted a bit mysterious about the whole thing.)

Also, a bit about styrofoam pillars painted to look like concrete.  You know, so they can throw misbehaving angels around.  Which makes me think that Lucifer still hasn't left Cas by episode 22 or 23.  :-(  Also, who's throwing that angel?  Amara?  Or Chuck?

Thought it was worth noting that Rob is still filming.  Wonder if he is in all of the last 4 episodes?  Looks like it to me.

Edited because I can't count.

Edited by Diane

Thought it was worth noting that Rob is still filming.  Wonder if he is in all of the last 3 episodes?  Looks like it to me.

Sounds like he's in the last four, 20-23.  A week ago (when they were live tweeting and Facebook-ing), they were working on 22.  They should be on 23 by now, yes?

Sounds like he's in the last four, 20-23.  A week ago (when they were live tweeting and Facebook-ing), they were working on 22.  They should be on 23 by now, yes?

Well, heck I apparently can't count this morning.  Thank you for the correction, that is what I meant.  Looking back at Jim Michaels tweets, it shows they were tech surveying 23 on April 5th, so maybe they are still filming 22? He also tweeted that they had started prep on it on March 30th.

(edited)

Hmm...they usually do 8 days per episode. So if they started filming 22 last Tuesday (which I believe I read up-thread) then they should've wrapped 22 on Tuesday this week and started 23 on Wednesday (yesterday).

So, when was that video shot?

Edited by DittyDotDot

Um...they usually do 8 days per episode. So if they started filming 22 last Tuesday (which I believe I read up-thread) then they should've wrapped 22 on Tuesday this week and started 23 on Wednesday (yesterday).

As far as I know it doesn't say.  They could be filming ep 23, I just couldn't tell from his tweets. 

Hmm...they usually do 8 days per episode. So if they started filming 22 last Tuesday (which I believe I read up-thread) then they should've wrapped 22 on Tuesday this week and started 23 on Wednesday (yesterday).

Last night.  It was a live Facebook feed.  A couple of people in the comments complained that he was distracting them from the episode.  

Now having mentioned the rotten in Denmark stuff again and thinking about shoulder touches. That has been a thing this season more than most IMO. I feel like that is all going to tie back to the Left Hand/Right Hand thing in Form and Void.

Cas' handprint was on Dean's left shoulder & Cas always touches Dean's left shoulder. Dean touches Cas' left shoulder when getting his attention. Sam touched Dean's left shoulder at the end of the Vessel. TCasifer touched Dean's right shoulder  back in the episode before the Vessel; the doctor touched Dean's right shoulder getting him to stay, Beardy McMurderman touched Michelle's right shoulder as she turned away.

--I've been thinking more about lately is that either Dean or Sam have been dead since the first episode and one or the other is already in the Empty and they are trying to get him back.

--Dean is having mental break because Sam did die and this is a journey of guiding Dean to acceptance

--Something is messing with Dean's mind to guide him to accepting an impending death of either Sam or Cas or even both.

My ideas do not stop there but that's a few of them...but I'm sticking with 'something has been rotten in Denmark" all along.

• Love 2

Well, they're definitely killing someone off; they've hit us over the head with the "sacrifices must be made" often enough that it's pretty clear.

Maybe God abdicates in favor of Cas, wanting to settle in the Las Vegas suburbs and slouch around in his robe...

But I'm pretty sure Cas is gonna die. Not that it means anything; they'll find a way to bring him back.

But I'm pretty sure Cas is gonna die. Not that it means anything; they'll find a way to bring him back.

Would Cas get sent into the Empty..is there an empty for angels?

They did mention that John Badham was the director in the video. He's the director for 22.  But I think Rob stays around til 23 (because why have him in 20,21, and 22 and then NOT in 23?).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/04/the-cws-primetime-listings-for-week-of.html

“The Chitters” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLSV) (HDTV)

SAM AND DEAN MEET A NEW PAIR OF HUNTERS – In a small town in Colorado, mysterious disappearances happen every 27 years. Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) head to the town to investigate and meet two hunters who have a personal vendetta against these once-in-a-generation monsters. Eduardo Sanchez directed the episode written by Nancy Won (#1119). Original airdate 4/27/2016.

Every 27 years?  Must be It.

• Love 1

Amara trusted Lucifer.  I think we just got our first clue as to how God and the archangels locked her away.  Lucifer tricked her -- didn't Lucifer say that Gabriel learned all his best tricks from Lucifer?

Lucifer had the Mark; Amara has the Mark.  Could Lucifer have offered to stay with her, that they also had some sort of "connection", then they used the Mark at the last second to lock her away, alone?  

This mad me a little bit sad.  I don't know why LOL.

Probably because they have so many plot lines to wrap up, barely any focus on Dean/Amara, barely any focus on Dean period this season.  I don't think we had one episode that revolved exclusively around Dean.

I don't need another new character at this point.  Its too crowded as it is.

• Love 3

Probably because they have so many plot lines to wrap up, barely any focus on Dean/Amara, barely any focus on Dean period this season.  I don't think we had one episode that revolved exclusively around Dean.

I don't need another new character at this point.  Its too crowded as it is.

Right?  Maybe that's what it is....Well we did get Baby which I count mostly as a Dean episode...even thought it ended up with Sam calling Baby home...but that's beside the point.

You know, I've had a bit of paranoid mind that I do wonder if Dean being really sidelined with a pointless nebulous connection to Amara that, thus far, has gone nowhere, is because Jensen was openly critical of the killing of Charlie, the existence of Bloodlines(written by Dabb) and openly annoyed with the early truncation of Demon!Dean in s10.  Just my musings that maybe Dabb is just pissed off at Jensen. LOL I don't think I really believe it...but it has crossed my mind.

• Love 2
(edited)
 LOL I don't think I really believe it...but it has crossed my mind.

You're not the only one.  I found Baby more about the car than anything.  Dean got focus in the 2nd half while Sam got it in the first.   Dean's been pushed to the sidelines so much I actually started to believe those rumors that Jensen might be leaving.

Despite, the premier setting up the Amara story, all Dabb could talk about at comic con was ep 2 starting a big Sam story and Sam's visions. In Form and Void he's reduced to literal babysitter while Sam gets to cure Darkness rabies and save a bunch of people.  Its like Dabb forgot to put Dean in his script in Devil in the Details and had to go back and figure out a way to shoehorn him in.  What is with this smiting sickness that basically kept Dean out of his own storyline.

Don't even get me started on Red Meat.

Not to mention there have been no consequences for killing death.  Billie has interacted with Dean twice now and not even mentioned it.

Jensen is still talking about being confused as to how exactly to play scenes with Amara.  This last ep had her tracking Rowena and she was very much Dean WHo?  Jensen and Emily had to sell their storyline with one look and no help from the writers.

No, I don't need another new character at this point.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3

Hmmm...possible romantic interest for one of the boys?  Probably not, but my vote would be Dean, if they're going that way.  Which means it will definitely be Sam.

They already did the "romance" thing with Sam and screwed it up badly. I doubt they would go there again that quickly. I'm imagining a sort of a Bella redux with Dean more than anything else. Of course then a portion of the fandom will hate her, because it would get in the way of the Cas/Dean bromance, so maybe they would reconsider and go with Sam... and screw it up again probably.

Lady Toni is a mysterious visitor from across the pond who has a lot in common with Dean and Sam.

I'm thinking maybe she's a long lost Winchester or Campbell relative. Like a cousin or something. That would take her off the table for sexy times.

Clearly others agree with you but not me.  I feel like we are getting a ton of Dean this season and I'm happy about it. Dean is so obviously the leader IMO.  It's Dean who Crowley calls. It's Dean who does the "mail-order spell" to summons Lucifer, and cuts his hand to ignite the sigil to connect to Cas.  It's Dean who is driving to get Cas back. It's Dean who exchanges looks with Amara.  And finally it's Dean who states their "rule" and promptly declares they are going to ignore it.  And Sam is perfectly FINE with that.  Now I DO agree that Hell's Angel should have furthered the Amara/Dean storyline and that this was a "miss", but Dean feels front and center to the season to me.

And I feel like they are drawing neon arrows towards Dean being the "Hand of God".  Not an inanimate object but Dean himself.  Since we know God is coming (and yes, I believe Chuck is God and the setup for God showing up is pretty clear...), I'm thinking God is not going to go power vs power against Amara.  They've just proven that is NOT the path to success.  He's going to use what appears to be her one weakness -- this odd connection/attraction to Dean.  Clearly she's wary of being tricked and I really hope he DOESN'T trick her.  I don't know what I want to have happen but I don't want any kind of deceit on his part.  That just doesn't feel right. 

Note: I presume Lady Toni is going to be in the finale so she can be in the S12 opener.  I'm calling it now... one of the boys (likely Dean) is going to be in peril in a cliffhanger and the other (likely Sam) uses Lady Toni's help to resolve the situation. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm thinking maybe she's a long lost Winchester or Campbell relative. Like a cousin or something. That would take her off the table for sexy times.

I agree that's what it implies but can I just say blah.....no more long lost kin. Maybe by having a lot in common with Dean and Sam, they mean she's (a)possibly from a true vessel line, (b)was raised a hunter or ( c ) a MOL member/legacy that has the answer to the Amara and/or Casifer issue.

Edited by trxr4kids

Note: I presume Lady Toni is going to be in the finale so she can be in the S12 opener.  I'm calling it now... one of the boys (likely Dean) is going to be in peril in a cliffhanger and the other (likely Sam) uses Lady Toni's help to resolve the situation. 

I agree one of the guys will be in peril. I fully believe Dean will be God's Chosen and will sacrifice himself in some way in the end.

A new character, though, I'm totally on-board with this! Let's just hope she's got an interesting story to tell.

• Love 1

I agree one of the guys will be in peril. I fully believe Dean will be God's Chosen and will sacrifice himself in some way in the end.

A new character, though, I'm totally on-board with this! Let's just hope she's got an interesting story to tell.

Me too. I've wanted a new character for a while, so I'm pretty excited about this! I'm hoping she'll be a true ally without any nefarious ulterior motives. A woman of letters would be excellent.
  • Love 2

I think this post from the mods covers it quite nicely.  :-)

The Powers That Be HATE Sam.  The Powers That Be HATE Dean.  The Powers That Be LOVE Sam.  The Powers That Be LOVE Dean.

From now on those type of posts are to go here and not anywhere else.

If we see them in any other thread, the post will be deleted not moved.

As for the new character, I've been advocating for some new blood for years -- pretty much since Kevin was killed -- so I'm mildly curious.  However, I wonder why they keep introducing new female characters.  When was the last time we had a new semi-recurring male character?  Benny?

• Love 2

Perhaps this Lady Tony will be Bela? Bela was from across the pond, went to hell and should be a demon by now. I actually never had an issue with Bela and thought she was an interesting character. Could be interesting to see her now...or it could totally suck. 

• Love 1

Mod Note:

As per our previous warning (which was recently quoted in this thread); several posts that would have been more relevant in the bitterness topic have been removed. 

Please use that topic for complaints about stuff you don't like/aren't happy with, not this one.

Thanks.

• Love 1

Elizabeth Blackmore aka Valerie the Heretic. 

Ugh, so that's where I recognized her from. Can't say she's a favorite of mine.

I think the casting on SPN is generally fantastic, but the casting director or the producers or somebody apparently has a love for excruciatingly bland, mousey young actresses that is their Achilles Heel.

Perhaps this Lady Tony will be Bela? Bela was from across the pond, went to hell and should be a demon by now. I actually never had an issue with Bela and thought she was an interesting character. Could be interesting to see her now...or it could totally suck. 

Honestly, I didn't think Bela was that interesting. She had the potential to be interesting, and I think it would be fun if the guys were more in touch with random thieves, fences, and other petty criminals. It seems like they would cross paths with them at least as much as with other hunters. So I wouldn't be at all opposed to the show bringing in another human character who is similar to Bela.

In fact, if the show were to bring in a love interest for one of the guys, I think it would be fun if that character had a lifestyle similar to theirs (nomadic, on the fringes of society, etc), but *wasn't* a hunter. Like if she lived like that because she was a thief (like Bela) or had some other job/business that fit that lifestyle. She could be new to the supernatural stuff, but really experienced in the ordinary, human parts of their lifestyle and in getting by. I guess that character would be a sort of mix of Bela and Jo? But anyway, not to digress too much!

The issue for me was that I thought that Bela herself was pretty badly written. It seemed like the show just threw traits/abilities/backstory on her in order to suit the needs of whatever episode they were writing at the time, so she ended up feeling more like a plot device than an actual character to me. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they decided to tie her into Dean's Crossroads Demon/Hellhound storyline by saying that she'd sold her soul, too -- but of course NOT for her inexplicably preternatural thieving ability, but rather to get rid of her awful parents. A generically tragic backstory was an easy way for the show to wring some extra ~dramz from her death and make that episode "punchier," so that's the direction they went -- regardless that it didn't do much for the character.

Misha's facebook video about doing his own stunts (not):

https://www.facebook.com/officialmisha/?fref=nf(Note: if someone knows how to link to the video and not just Misha's page, please do so).

1) Look at that SPEAR?!  It's not the same as the Spear of Destiny that we glimpse in S8 BUT... they've amp'd up props before and Andrew Dabb talked about that SPEAR quite a bit on the S8 DVD commentary.  And now look... here's someone (Cas or Casifer) attacking someone/thing with a SPEAR. 

2) Depending on when he filmed that scene, it's either EP22 or EP23 (which they started yesterday).

(edited)

https://www.facebook.com/officialmisha/?fref=nf(Note: if someone knows how to link to the video and not just Misha's page, please do so).

1) Look at that SPEAR?!  It's not the same as the Spear of Destiny that we glimpse in S8 BUT... they've amp'd up props before and Andrew Dabb talked about that SPEAR quite a bit on the S8 DVD commentary.  And now look... here's someone (Cas or Casifer) attacking someone/thing with a SPEAR. 

2) Depending on when he filmed that scene, it's either EP22 or EP23 (which they started yesterday).

OMG, that is priceless! Misha is such a goofball!

Hey, SueB, when you say Dabb talked about the spear...did you mean Adam Glass? You could be right that Dabb did talk about the spear too, but I remember Adam Glass talking about it on a featurette as well. Just curious if we're talking about the same thing.

They totally can change it up, though. I'd mostly forgotten what they spear they showed us previously looked like at this point. Plus, remember Death's scythe?

BTW: I don't think you can embed a facebook video....yet. I believe I read somewhere that was going to be available in the future, though.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

I think the casting on SPN is generally fantastic, but the casting director or the producers or somebody apparently has a love for excruciatingly bland, mousey young actresses that is their Achilles Heel.

I wonder if they are getting pushed by the network to cast a certain type. 

Remember this?

TVLine has learned exclusively that a series currently airing on one of the Big Five broadcast networks (i.e. ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW) is killing off its star in its season finale. I’m told the death will occur toward the end of the episode, which will leave just enough time for an emotional, season-ending cemetery scene in which [redacted] bids an emotional farewell to [redacted].

Turns out it was

Sleepy Hollow

and I was out of touch until today when I watched

in disbelief as they killed off Abbie; however, the goodbyes between Abbie and Ichabod were almost worth it. 

Damn!

• Love 1

Here ya go:

https://www.facebook.com/officialmisha/videos/1101779783177361/

When they post videos to Facebook, hover over the video and right click.  A menu will pop up -- one of the options is "show video url".  Click it, the link pops up, copy and paste here.  :-)

Love Misha's videos.

• Love 1

Speaking of self-sacrifice....  If that is the Spear of Destiny, it has the blood of Christ on it.  Just saying....

Oh gods.

I swear if they try to clone Christ....

or use Christ's blood in a spell.  Man...that will be the worst. 

Remember this?

Turns out it was

Sleepy Hollow

and I was out of touch until today when I watched

in disbelief as they killed off Abbie; however, the goodbyes between Abbie and Ichabod were almost worth it. 

Damn!

NOTHING was worth that shitty fucking ending. . I am so angry. Almost as angry as a was about demon!Dean...until I met demon!Dean...damn you Jensen Ackles and your perfect Ackting...making me want things that confuse me!

(edited)

Oh look! It's Nopetapus. I haven't seen him in a while. Excellent gif usage.

I have great faith in Rob Bennedict's acting talent.

Edited by SueB

I love Rob, and Chuck for that matter, but I agree...no, no, no to his being God.  I would expect Rowena to be in the final episode because I'm assuming their going to need all hands on deck to get rid of Amara and Lucifer, but I'd be surprised to see Donna in the episode.

• Love 1

I love Rob, and Chuck for that matter, but I agree...no, no, no to his being God.  I would expect Rowena to be in the final episode because I'm assuming their going to need all hands on deck to get rid of Amara and Lucifer, but I'd be surprised to see Donna in the episode.

Well we know he's in 4 episodes (20-23), the season has been building up to a confrontation b/w God and Amara, and Chuck is considered by many to be "God" in the SPN universe. So... I'm just saying.... Maybe it won't be as bad as you are worried about.

For example:

1) If you are worried that he's too powerful: they've given plenty of indication that he needed help, creation was hard work, he had to trick his sister to put her away, a Hand of God in arguably the most powerful Archangel was uncsuccessful. All these indicate that "power" is not the solution. It's going to be about strategy. Recall Luci said that God was the "master strategist."

2) If you think that once God shows up, there's no where to go from here: I think he semi showed up for the Apocalypse and then went away. Once this threat is handled, I think God either goes away willingly or dies/gets trapped/hangs out In a dew drop/etc... The show won't keep him around past the resolution of the finale at the start of S12 (if that long).

3) If you don't like them having God on the show because it's too religious: I think that ship has sailed. They've already created a methodology where God is a supernatural deity but it's not about religion.

4) If you don't like them confirming Chuck is God because it messes with canon in your mind: can't help 'ya there, the show routinely re-writes their own history

5) If it's some other perfectly reasonable issue that I haven't thought of: I probably can't provide any reason why it's not going to be as bad as you think.... Sorry.

I clearly think Dabb/Thompson/Berens are going to handle this well. I think Carver is off on his own doing his new pilot and Buckner-Lemming are not steering the boat as much as they used to. Their remaining episode will likely have at lease ONE offensive moment (they just can't help themselves) but after The Chitters, I think we are on a 4-part finale with one major storyline that Dabb is controlling.

Bottom Line for the TL:DR: Just trying to offer why it might not be as horrible as some people think but recognize mileage varies.

• Love 4

I personally am not investing in whether Chuck is God or not--I think there's merit in both camps, myself--so I'm not getting worked up about this yet. I still think it's likely they'll pull the out the ambiguous card and play both sides here. Chuck being a prophet can give them the information they need to finish it, but they can also hint, to those who want to believe Chuck is God,  this is God telling them not Chuck. 

I'd like them to come out and state it at this point, myself. It'd be nice to know if the show really has a position on this or not. Right now it feels like they can't decide themselves, so they leave it open to interpretation. Which even if they did come out and say it doesn't mean I can't make up my own interpretation anyway. 

• Love 2

At this point, it`s so lame, I come down on the side of them confirming Chuck is God.`Going by Jared`s praising of ep 20 specifically and if the blood on the spear in Misha`s vid is actually the "blood of Christ", I`d speculate that God will tell Sam he is Jesus Christ incarnated. They have done enough build-up this Season so that that would be a logical conclusion. 

• Love 1