Type keyword(s) to search

@Midnight - General Discussion

Skyfall
  • Start Topic

That fancy robe was kinda sexy, in a Hefnerian way, I guess.

I always enjoy it when Chris gets surprised either by a joke or a joke's delivery and cracks up. Dana's Ape-being-relieved-at-period joke had the same effect on me, tbh.

I noticed Dana's Bono impression sounded distinctly Liverpudlian, but I put it down to John, not Ringo.

While I get that constant negativity is not what everyone wants to hear, Chris has been hammering pretty hard at the Trump campaign throughout the last few months - hell, they had a whole excruciating week "sponsored" by him. I, therefore, found his "hey everybody, just love your family and be nice to your neighbors - we'll be okay!" to be rather paternalistic and insulting coming from a middle-aged straight white male who just married into a multi-billionaire family. GFY, Hardwick, and keep the trite pablum to yourself as you roll in your nerd blood money and sealed collectibles.

Okay, enough politics. Chris Delia is so fucking horrible, I cannot comprehend how this guy became a comedian. His constant moving around - as if that somehow makes everything funnier - and looking to the audience is infuriating. And is he possibly a Trump supporter? That's like learning that bed bugs can also give you herpes. (Sorry, more politics.)

• Love 2

I, therefore, found his "hey everybody, just love your family and be nice to your neighbors - we'll be okay!" to be rather paternalistic and insulting coming from a middle-aged straight white male who just married into a multi-billionaire family. GFY, Hardwick, and keep the trite pablum to yourself as you roll in your nerd blood money and sealed collectibles.

Ditto x 1000. I'm sure it's easy for rich, white, California TV personalities to be all "Kumbaya let's all get along now" but I can't help assign blame to people like Chris who indulged in the false equivalency that both Trump and Clinton were equally mock-able. That's one of the hardest things I had to get through while watching this show the past few months.  He, along with many other comics, perpetuated the notion that both candidates were a couple of clowns to make fun of and there was essentially no difference between them. It may have soured me on him permanently, and I'm one of the few people for whom Chris was the main draw in watching this show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I, therefore, found his "hey everybody, just love your family and be nice to your neighbors - we'll be okay!" to be rather paternalistic and insulting coming from a middle-aged straight white male who just married into a multi-billionaire family. GFY, Hardwick, and keep the trite pablum to yourself as you roll in your nerd blood money and sealed collectibles.

I didn't watch past Chris' intro (because, D'Elia) but I felt the same. It's not his business to try to Mary Poppins away my feelings.

• Love 4

@iMonrey said

I can't help assign blame to people like Chris who indulged in the false equivalency that both Trump and Clinton were equally mock-able. That's one of the hardest things I had to get through while watching this show the past few months.  

ITA. Every time they got to Pander Dome, I winced because I knew he was going to introduce it and perpetuate the sham that both candidates were equally awful.

(quote functioning wasn't working...the place seems a little buggy tonight)

On 11/10/2016 at 11:29 AM, Dewey Decimate said:

Chris Delia is so fucking horrible, I cannot comprehend how this guy became a comedian.

I just wanted to see this in print again - cannot quote this enough

• Love 2

I took off last week, so imagine my delight to return to find a 2-girls-1-cup joke waiting for me! [/sarcasm] 

I used to be able to dismiss it as cheap and lazy, but it's starting to make me mad.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2016 at 0:29 AM, lordonia said:

I think I've reached my Doug Benson saturation point, but I did smile at the orange crate sight gags.

No one finds Doug Benson funnier than Doug Benson. Hopefully, he'll be busy with his show for a while and can stay away.

Now I want an all drag-queen panel.

Yes. She stole the show.

Edited by ganesh

I almost flipped my wig (or snatched off one wig to reveal another) when I saw Willam. In some weird way, a fake-boobied, painted-for-the-gods drag queen elevated this show so far beyond its normal too-cool-for-school weeded-out dick-joke panel. I got this feeling that CH was a bit intimated, and I loved it. And grinned at her mugging with booty-pop and platform heels behind Chris as he so, so awkwardly posed with the dino-babes. Why were they not grinding on him? Would made for a much better short story "cover".

(Though I do have to give CH credit for the funny "I just married my beard a few months ago" joke.)

Why was Willam stuffing his bra with cookies, I wonder. Ah, the mysteries of drag.

Of course I went straight to Amazon to browse Chuck Tingle's works. I'd love to see the cover art for Chris' butt stuff book. Please write it.

I don't know how the show passed up this title: "Slammed In The Butt By Domald Tromp's Attempt To Avoid Accusations Of Plagiarism By Removing All Facts Or Concrete Plans From His Republican National Convention Speech"

Did we know about Chris' new NBC prime time game show?

It's interesting how Chris "becomes" his panel. It was evident during this one when he was really gaying it up. Which I was fine with, because the bro shtick gets old after a while. I noticed he's different too when it's all women on the panel. And I totally wanted an Uncrustable about watching this. I wonder what that says about me?

Edited by xander874
On 11/18/2016 at 11:21 AM, ChelseaNH said:

Now I want an all drag-queen panel.

I've been thinking this for a while! I would love to have Bob the Drag Queen and Bianca Del Rio (both RuPaul's Drag Race winners and experienced stand-up comedians) on a panel!

• Love 1

Thank you, Chuck Tingle! (Although when did "short stories" become "micro novels"?)

From the Amazon description: Chris Hardwick is a busy man. He’s got podcasts, TV shows, and TV shows about TV shows. Suffice to say, when a mysterious hooded figure is found waiting for Chris outside of Buttmelt Comics before a live recording of his Poundist podcast, Chris doesn’t have much time to stop and chat.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lordonia said:

(Although when did "short stories" become "micro novels"?)

I suspect when they started being sold one at a time.

I don't remember if it was on this show or elsewhere, but somewhere I learned that the reason Tingle et al write about butt-pounding unicorns (or bigfeet, or gay t-rex Wall Street CEOs) is in direct response to Amazon's strictures on erotica: bestiality with actual animals is not permitted, but imaginary creatures (or extinct ones) are fair game.

• Love 1

I wonder how many talk show hosts would be happy to have a story written about them being buttfucked by... any kind of creature. I have to give Hardwick credit for not trying to defreak his image, even as he inks very mainstream deals, like his commercials and the new game show.

Oh, Dana. He exemplified my two least favorite panelist traits: never having seen the show and being shocked at everything, and acting as if the podium is his stage to hog.

Loved seeing Janeane and MIB.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1

I haven't seen Janeane Garofalo in ages. Maybe she should start using a computer and social media if she wants to up her profile a little. Or maybe she's happy with her career the way it is. In any event, she really doesn't seem to age, does she?

18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I haven't seen Janeane Garofalo in ages. Maybe she should start using a computer and social media if she wants to up her profile a little. Or maybe she's happy with her career the way it is. In any event, she really doesn't seem to age, does she?

She's 52! She looks the same to me as she did in Larry Sanders. It was fun seeing her and MIB enjoying each other.

I got a free trial for SEESO to watch her special. It was good, but I'm predisposed to like her and her tangents.

• Love 3

Ooooh, Janeane Garofalo is on? *swoon* I've loved her since forever. So disappointed she's not on twitter.

It was fun seeing her and MIB enjoying each other.

I feel like I missed a lot of the show because Chris was blathering on while those two were going back and forth with much more funny things. 

Edited by ganesh
On 11/21/2016 at 1:42 PM, Skylark said:

I've been thinking this for a while! I would love to have Bob the Drag Queen and Bianca Del Rio (both RuPaul's Drag Race winners and experienced stand-up comedians) on a panel!

Oh, we need Latrice muthaf-ckin' Royale on there too! Is it wrong that I'd like to see her force CH to motorboat her?