Type keyword(s) to search

@Midnight - General Discussion

Skyfall
  • Start Topic

"I want to thank lube."

For once, an anal sex joke that made me laugh.

I looked Milana up after this and didn't realize she's the woman in the AT&T ads, which wouldn't be half as tolerable without her facial expressions and reactions.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ABay said:

I enjoy Flula a lot but I also enjoy Milana and she deserved the win. "Don't they have to drain the pool?" was just perfect.

Flula's hilarious but the odds are stacked against him in FTW. 70% of his humor is his delivery and his mugging for the crowd and camera. 

Two week wait but Kyle Kinan, Tiffany Haddish and Ron Funches in one show? I'm excited!

My husband has had a crush on the AT&T girl for awhile  (I tease him about how he always lets go of the FF button when she comes on). Now that he knows she's actually talented and funny too, she's on his "allowables" list.

Great lineup tonight for the post-break show. Kyle Kinane, especially, was on fire. The "2nd period" joke was genius.

I was nervous that Hardwick would make it all about himself and his wedding, but he kept it relatively brief. Congrats to him, btw...I just don't like when his personal stuff takes over the comedians too much.

I would be happy if Ron Funches was on every show. Even when he's not necessarily at his funniest, his joy is just so infectious.

Edited by Iseut
Added
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, attica said:

I almost liked the dramatic reading of the twitter fight. If I were director, I'd have the performers speed it up. Faster is funnier.

Agree. At first I was like "what is this?" but I'm glad they tied it in to the next game. Also Mary Lynn Rajskub seemed really off tonight. 

I think the show has been better since starting at the earlier time. I don't know if it's coincidence, or genuinely about greater censorship forcing them to at least try to make more jokes that are not about dicks, but I think the increased variety is a good thing.

I think the next time the Sklars are on, TPTB really need to find somebody VERY high energy to go up against them. I feel like Esther, whom I've enjoyed on the show before, just got steamrollered by them. My husband also noticed the way the Sklars laugh hysterically at even the feeblest of Chris's jokes.

Huh - I can't remember the last time Hardwick jumped right into the game without much of a monologue. Maybe because Kate Walsh was on? Didn't really think much of the panel, though. Jim Jefferies was OK but I've never cared for Michelle Buteau, and Walsh's jokes seemed scripted for her.

23 hours ago, PatternRec said:

The slightly new format is interesting.

Not sure if I like the new format -- comes off as less organized -- last night they jumped straight into trending topics.  I prefer it when they introduce the panel early in the show, especially if I'm unfamiliar with a comedian (and their twitter handle is way different than their name so I can't figure out who it is).  Not sure why Chris introduces comedians along with their points total -- especially since we all know that the points don't really matter.

I am officially endorsing Kate and Michelle's yonic riff the other night. If this is a trend towards dick-joke parity, I'm all for it. "It's in the Oval Office!" Heeeeeee.

Also: I don't know whether or not to be embarrassed that every time somebody said 'Moshe Kasher', I heard 'Motion Capture.' Now, excuse me while I kiss this guy.

• Love 1

The show has been slowly minimizing the home viewer introductions on Tag Team Tuesday. They used to have each comic read the follower's name, then they stopped that and would show a screenshot of each person's Twitter page with Chris reading the names and making the occasional joke about them, then just the brief profile summaries with Chris rattling off the names, and last night they merely flashed the profiles before they went to commercial with no narration at all. I don't have any great fondness for the segment but why even bother with it at this point? The show could also fucking afford to give some sort of prize, even those stupid headphones which they GET FOR FREE.

1 hour ago, PatternRec said:

Chris Delia seemed like he was on a lot of coke or something last night...

He made the show unwatchable for me- he normally does, but the last time he was on I found him a smidgen more tolerable. He's back to his normal ranking - ugh.

• Love 2

I find the Original Cheeto Jesus so odious that I can't even stand a stand-in. My finger on the ff button all week, I guess.

Natasha Lyonne cracked me up all ep. "What, you learned to count all of a sudden?!" 

• Love 1

I thought the Trump impersonator was funny on the fake debate with the Sanders impersonator, but I no longer find anything about Trump funny, it's just plain gotten too horrible and scary for me to appreciate as a gag. The mocking of his style and stupidity has gone from cathartic to something more like fiddling while Rome burns.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DeLurker said:

it isn't Brenda raiding your lunch.  It's Janice from accounting.

Ah, but Janice doesn't mind if Brenda takes the fall, because (say it with me now) Janice doesn't give a fuck.

• Love 2

I thought the Trump impersonator was funny on the fake debate with the Sanders impersonator, but I no longer find anything about Trump funny, it's just plain gotten too horrible and scary for me to appreciate as a gag. The mocking of his style and stupidity has gone from cathartic to something more like fiddling while Rome burns.

Boy you took the words right out of my mouth. I have not enjoyed "fake Trump" this week. Also, while I understand why they do it, I'm annoyed as hell that the show participates in the false equivalencies by mocking Clinton as much as Trump as though both are equally mock-able. There's just nothing funny about what's happening right now, at all.

• Love 4

I skipped the first faux Trump/faux Bernie debate ep after the first few minutes because it annoyed me too much.  This week, I could only watch some of the Aya Cash and Janet Varney episode and I only did that because I like You're The Worst so much.  Heck, this fake Trump even ruined one of my favorite segments of the show when they kept inserting him into hashtag wars to the point that even the one submitted by the "audience" was from him.  Ugh.  Oh well, with all the new TV, it's nice to have an easy delete.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ZoqFotPik said:

I wonder if Johnny Pemberton knew the prices a head or if he legitimately nailed it. Other than that the less said about Trump the better. He was just so obnoxious.

My guess is that, like Janet Varney, he was fed the answers. Joining everyone else in saying thank goodness Trump Week is over.

I couldn't get through the episode. The show has been overplaying its hand. I usually am fairly tolerant of shows trying to do something to change up their regular format, because I get the impulse to experiment and expand. But the Trump week and then last night's manic whatever the hell that was? Not for me.

Hardwick in the wig was amusing for some reason, but not enough to get me to stick around for more than the first few minutes.

I agree, possibilities. While not nearly as annoying as Trump week it still seemed rather pointless and a waste of a potentially talented panel. Too much time spent on the silly gimmick and not enough time to give to Margaret Cho, Jaleel White and Emo Phillips. The joke got old real fast. I stuck around for most of it but changed the channel before they got to the "For the Win" winner.

Edited by iMonrey

I liked the 90s gimmick better than the Trump one, but that's because I have some fondness for the decade and none for the Orange Hemorrhoid. And I admit, I laughed when Lisa Loeb showed up and CH asked her if she wanted to 'date for a while in a couple of years'.

The sound of a modem connecting was music to my ears way back then. 

Don't make jokes about Y2K, Hardwick! If only it had worked and erased my student loan debts, I'd have money to replace my aging car. How well I recall the sharp pain of waking up Jan. 1, 2000 only to discover that nothing had happened. Still bitter.

• Love 1

The 90s episode bugged me because it was supposed to be from 98 but all the references and visuals were from like 93/94. 

And it is super nitpicky of me, but one of Jaleel's answers was about Justin and Britney breaking up and that happened in 2002.

I haven't watched it yet but I'm very happy to see the Triple Goddess of YouTube are hosting and that the backgrounds have no 90s shit.

edit: I'll be back in 22 minutes to talk about my crush on Mamrie...

Edited by PatternRec