Type keyword(s) to search

Empire in the Media: Read It In Billboard

Trini
Message added by Princess Sparkle

Remember: Keep your thoughts on the Jussie Smollett situation on his situation only - not Chicago politics, not policing in general, not politics in general, not the state of the country in general, not OJ, not Michael Avenetti, not anyone except Jussie Smollett. 

• Start Topic

As I write this Fox is doing a live q&a with cast and production on Youtube.  I'm hoping it will be saved but WOW they like to bleep out a lot.  And Taraji gives one hell of a side eye.  

They beeped out Jussie singing 'Blurred Lines'.  So cruel!

• Love 1

Empire's Rafael de la Fuente Confirms Multi-Episode Season 2 Return

Rafael de la Fuente — whose Michael Sanchez exited Jamal’s life, and the Fox ratings smash, after Season 1, Episode 7 — confirmed to TVLine that not only will he be back for the show’s sophomore premiere, but that he’s already shot four episodes.

“I can’t wait for the audience to see Jamal and Michael’s new dynamic,” the actor told TVLine from Empire‘s red-carpet premiere event in New York City this weekend. “I think they’re going to like it.”

• Love 1

Terrence Howard's...uh, revealing Rolling Stone interview.

"You know, all my checks from Fox are being held for garnishment, because of my ex. I'm broke as can be. But my wife, she did well for herself, so she's covered us. This place, she's renting it. I'm suffering. There's nothing worse than being a broke movie star."

Since I was a child of three or four," he says, "I was always wondering, you know, why does a bubble take the shape of a ball? Why not a triangle or a square? I figured it out. If Pythagoras was here to see it, he would lose his mind. Einstein, too! Tesla!"

His now ex-wife, Mira Pak:

"We don't have a normal life. In our two years together, I've only gone to restaurants with him two or three times. We've never been to the supermarket together. We've never been to the movies. I've never gotten a gift from him. Never, never ... I help him, cutting, drawing and putting things together. I've developed a slight form of agoraphobia lately. I never go out. I have no friends here. I feel like Rapunzel, you know, stuck in a penthouse with my baby."

Terrence Howard's...uh, revealing Rolling Stone interview.

I knew he was a nut, but now he sounds mentally ill. Spending hours cutting plastic shapes? Not leaving the house? Terrenology? Comparing himself to Tesla? Yikes.

How long until he cracks on the set of Empire and FOX forces Lee Daniels to kill of Lucious.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

Sean Penn is suing Lee Daniels for 10 million over The Hollywood Reporter interview where he defended Terrance. This is stupid. How is it defamation when Madonna's police reports are public knowledge?

Sean Penn Sues Lee Daniels for Defamation

Actor Sean Penn filed a $10 million defamation suit against Lee Daniels, co-creator of Fox’s hit series “Empire,” contending that Daniels falsely accused Penn of hitting women.

The lawsuit was filed in New York Supreme Court on Tuesday.

The comment came in an interview Daniels gave to The Hollywood Reporter, in which he compared legal troubles faced by “Empire” star Terrence Howard to those faced by other actors.

Daniels said that Howard “ain’t done nothing different than Marlon Brando or Sean Penn, and all of the sudden he’s some f—in’ demon. That’s a sign of the time, of race, of where we are right now in America.”

The lawsuit states that “in purporting to ‘defend’ the ongoing legal and related troubles of actor Terrence Howard … who has reportedly, and publicly, admitted to physically abusing at least one woman and reportedly been arrested approximately five times for violent acts against women — Daniels has falsely asserted and/or implied that Penn is guilty of ongoing, continuous violence against women.”

Penn’s lawsuit says that Daniels’ statements were “egregious” on several levels, including that “in his purported ‘defense’ of Howard, Daniels not only appears to acknowledge Howard’s guilt, he also seems to condone Howard’s reported misconduct.”

The complaint also accuses Daniels of invoking “two of the greatest actors and humanitarians of our time” as part of a “misguided campaign to profit and further bolster and brand his show.”

It notes that even though Penn has had brushes with the law, “Penn (unlike Howard) has never been arrested, much less convicted, for domestic violence, as his ex-wives (including Madonna) would confirm and attest.”

Penn is represented by Matthew Rosengart of Greenberg Traurig.

A spokeswoman for Daniels did not immediately returns a request for comment.

News of the lawsuit was first reported in The Hollywood Reporter.

Edited by Artsda

In the THW article, it said fox told them not to talk about abuse allegations, Lee should've listened.

Sean has a lot of balls, he hasn't been convicted, doesn't mean he isn't guilty as hell. Nobody was thinking about Sean and his abuse allegations after that article, but they definitly are now.

Also articles have mentioned Seans alleged abuse for decades, why is he suing Lee??? Since Lee isn't the one who started the allegations, I don't think Sean has an actual case.

Edited by aprilbabe
  • Love 4

Sean is an idiot, now all anyone has to do is google the police reports Madonna filed an using Madonna's name in the suit when the only reason he wasn't convicted was because SHE dropped the charges doesn't make him any less guilty. Not to mention there's still the police officer's reports as well as to Madonna's bruises and injuries when she filed the charges of abuse against Sean.

I hope Lee Daniels doesn't give him a dime.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

This part right here actually made me tear up because I know how TPH has said about feeling like a D-lister even after being nominated for an Academy Award.

GLAMOUR:Why do you think people connect so strongly to Cookie?

TPH: She is everybody’s alter ego. She crosses cultures. [Last year] we went to Paris and screened the pilot for a thousand people. Lee Daniels [the series’ cocreator] brought me onstage. The audience stood up on their feet and clapped. I cried because, for so long in Hollywood, I’ve been told that black women don’t do well overseas, that they can’t open a film overseas. That moment for me was the best moment of my life. That’s better than any trophy, any award, any nomination. You know how they say music can heal the world? I feel that way about art in general.

So, so happy for Taraji. She so deserves this. So happy to see her appreciated and to actually see the show support her and promote her.

• Love 11

Damn, Taraji looks amazing in that video (and Terrence comes off surprisingly well but he usually does with her). And that cover is fire.

That cover is HOT! The colors, etc.. wow - they look fantastic.

And TPH's "Mmmm" whenever they brought up Adam Rodriguez, lol! I'm so excited to see them paired onscreen again. Yummy!