Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Revenge

Actionmage

I was glad that I got to watch this live!

Ohmahgersh, I just want to hug Sylvester and tell him he'll be okay! I love him and the actor is very personable. Great casting, Show!

The case was interesting, but damn. Walter has stepped into the big leagues with the loss of the Spaniard. The thunk was pretty telling for the audience.

I like when the good doctor and Agent Gallo team-up to get information. The fake-out was obvious to us, which was the point, but I appreciated that "Dirty Mike" was very businessy about the whole thing.

While I am not on board the S.S. Megan/Sylvester ship, I think they are lovely together. If the Show wants to go there, please make it a very slow burn. We already have Paige/Walter/ex and Toby/Happy.

PS: Hope Homeland Security gets the water bill. Granted, Happy saved folks in general, but for a state that seems constantly threatened by possible drought, it seemed cavalier to just break the hydrant open and lose the hundreds of gallons until someone , somewhere could turn off that hydrant.

• Love 1

Someone should tell the show that Grand Mal isn't used anymore as a medical term - they're Tonic-Clonic seizures now.

Though Lorazepam is the right medication to give.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 2

The point of having an armored car is that you can stay inside and shoot through the port holes or run over motorcycles blocking the way. Also, since the idiotic guards made it so easy, why did the bad guys waste their explosives? Those would have been handy against Team Scorpion SUV. 

• Love 6

The explosives were used to erase fingerprints and DNA traces, not to actually break into anything. But yeah, I thought the armored car was supposed to protect the driver and cargo, so why was it so easily shot up?

I thought it was bizarre that they explained Walter's sister being at Sylvester's bedside because she was doing her PT on site. No hospital is going to let some random PT patient be at the bedside of a guy in critical condition. All they had to say was that she came to help out and was designated as family/proxy. They seem to feel like they have to make weird excuses for her, instead of just going the obvious and more reasonable route of "she's his sister, she's around sometimes." It's like the writers think anyone with a disability must surely be warehoused out of sight, and any appearance is so out of the norm that it needs a random and freaky explanation.

Walter has a lot of feelings. He practically oozes them. He's just in denial.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 2
Someone should tell the show that Grand Mal isn't used anymore as a medical term - they're Tonic-Clonic seizures now.

I think they used that so the general public knew what it was they were talking about. People know grand mal. They don't know Tonic-Clonic.

This episode was absolutely amazing. Megan and Sylvester would be so adorable together, but God, don't break his heart. I'm so invested in Sylvester. He's my fave. I want him to make a full recovery.

The only issue I had was that he apparently had severe burns to his abdomen...but you see him running around in the next episode fully clothed? As someone who had a hot clothing iron land on my bare stomach (note to self - do not iron the shirt you intend to wear without wearing a shirt), I could barely move for weeks. Sylvester looked totally fine in the preview.

I wonder if the doctors told him he might have some slight brain damage, hence his freakout to Megan :(

• Love 1

Those armored car guards deserved their fate for jumping out of the car and trying to shoot 3 machine-gun-toting motorcyclists with their little pistols.  When you're in a 20 ton bullet-proof vehicle and being attacked by bad guys, calmly and decisively drive to the nearest police station, and let them handle things.  STAY IN THE VEHICLE!  I learned that 30+ years ago from "Knightrider".

I thought it was tacky for Walter to have drinks with the CIA lady on the same rooftop where that guy fell to his death just hours before.  Or was that the rooftop on the Scorpion building where they usually BBQ?  Either way, it looked like the producers ran out of time/money to shoot that scene in a proper bar location, so they just dressed up another set and threw some extras into the scene. 

Also, Walter, Sylvester will still be at the hospital tomorrow.  CIA lady will not. Do you need your white board to figure out that conundrum!?!?

How long would it have taken to recover all of those diamonds that were falling out of the bad guy's backpack while he was falling?  There were a LOT of them everywhere.  I would have been at the scene with a Dyson for a week vacuuming up that "crime scene".

• Love 4

The point of having an armored car is that you can stay inside and shoot through the port holes or run over motorcycles blocking the way. Also, since the idiotic guards made it so easy, why did the bad guys waste their explosives? Those would have been handy against Team Scorpion SUV. 

Right?? This happens every time there's an armored car robbery on a TV show or movie. The smart writers will have the criminals using armor piercing bullets or explosives or something, but way too many of them have the guards get out of the truck which means they're going to be at a disadvantage while they try to maneuver into position to take a shot.

Also, did nobody secure the explosives at the crime scene? Why were they just lying around for Sylvester to play with?

I'm not sure what I think about a Megan/Sylvester pairing, but I do really like the character of Megan. So we'll see where it goes.

Those armored car guards deserved their fate for jumping out of the car and trying to shoot 3 machine-gun-toting motorcyclists with their little pistols.  When you're in a 20 ton bullet-proof vehicle and being attacked by bad guys, calmly and decisively drive to the nearest police station, and let them handle things.  STAY IN THE VEHICLE!  I learned that 30+ years ago from "Knightrider".

How long would it have taken to recover all of those diamonds that were falling out of the bad guy's backpack while he was falling?  There were a LOT of them everywhere.  I would have been at the scene with a Dyson for a week vacuuming up that "crime scene".

That was my first thought too, when the guards got out of the ARMORED truck!  Duh!!

I saw things falling when the guy hit the car that I thought at first was diamonds, too, but then I realized that they were windshield pieces. 

That was my first thought too, when the guards got out of the ARMORED truck!  Duh!!

I saw things falling when the guy hit the car that I thought at first was diamonds, too, but then I realized that they were windshield pieces. 

I think they were intended to be the diamonds, I would have to rewatch, but I remember seeing a shot of the backpack being partially open when he fell.

• Love 1

Aww, Walt gets his first love interest other then Paige, that he, of course, turns down at the end, because reasons.  Then again, it was Violet from True Blood, so maybe he was on to something.  She can be quite clingy; just ask Jason Stackhouse.  But, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows back up again, when another big case like this, lands at their footsteps.

Sylvester in peril is certainly the way to go, because he is the one who would most likely effect the group on an emotional level.  Of course, nothing was too surprising: Walt just focused on work, Happy wanted to smash things, Toby freaked out, and Paige just wanted to make sure everyone had time to grieve.  Oh, and kind of be annoying while doing that.  Cool it, Paige.

Yeah, the armored truck scenario was the worst.  They really made the guards idiotic.  They might has well made them go "You know what?  I don't want to live anymore.  This is as good as a time as any!" about it, because it would have almost been just as realistic.

I am warming up to Megan, even though I find it hard to believe they would have let her stay at Sly's bedside by herself.  Isn't her condition suppose to be very taxing?

• Love 1

Welcome to Scorpion: where geniuses run the gamut while not doing anything substantial or intelligent.

Dumb thing #1: Armored car scene. "Dude, we gotta return fire because our armored truck can't handle a few bullets. Let's not stay in the truck, call in for backup, go to the nearest police station or do any thing that normal security guards would do."

Also dumb: So a 20-ton truck stops because (3!) motorcycles surround the vehicle. Seriously? Just ram one of them and escape!

Dumb thing #2: Happy bursts open the fire hydrant with a wrench scene. She does all these calculations and all of this leads up to...water spewing out from the fire hydrant before the gang gets there. They can just scoot to the left and ride away or even just go through the wet part. It's like they were phobic of water.

You know what would be smart AND cool? If Happy had timed it so that the water from the fire hydrant shoots out at them like a cannon knocking them off their motorcycles just as they were about to pass it.

Dumb thing #3: If they had not shown the far shot of the bad guy hanging onto the ledge, I would not have even commented on this...but a *small* section of a ladder falls off and you plead with someone to help you?! Why don't you just let go of the ledge and grab onto to the remaining part of the ladder? It's not that far down.

I really want to like this show but man...they are making it really hard.

• Love 1

Walter does emote a lot - well we all know and he should too that of course he can "feel bad" because he still does about the program that dropped bombs instead of care packages. Sheesh.

Paige and the haircut really made her look bad...plus she did like absolutely nothing. At all. Gah.  But it was nice they saved her a comic book.

I think Walter showed amazing restraint actually - I would have gone over there and kicked the guys hand off the roof. It never occurred to me that he might be weighing the physics aspect, but they wouldn't you lay down to pull someone up anyway?  I guess they had to show him decide to help...maybe for viewer empathy?

Sylvester freaking out freaked me out. Damn, he's got to stay.

I saw diamonds splattering, not car windshield glass, it would be chunkier and not reflect light so much.

The sex turn down?  I dunno, she seemed so far out of Walter's league it was hard to believe the offer even got made, much less that she was so insensitive as to not expect him to go to the hospital.  She however, made Paige look like  a little girl. 

I suggest this show - from the beginning where they plugged a laptop into a flying airplane - is best enjoyed with a total and complete suspension of disbelief and a focus on the character's and their home made "family."  :)

The bad guy didn't actually take the physical deposit box. It looked like he picked it up and dumped the diamonds into the backpack.

When he was falling and spilling the diamonds on the way down I thought they were almost heading for a scene like bank robbers spilling cash on the street and hordes of people scrambling for it. Then, when he also smashes car glass, I thought "I'd volunteer to sweep up this mess."

Why the instant chemistry between Megan and Sylvester? Have we ever received a hint they've known each other before?

I think they used that so the general public knew what it was they were talking about. People know grand mal. They don't know Tonic-Clonic.

Probably. It annoys me a tiny bit when they use the wrong verbiage for seizure stuff, mostly because I have them (Most recently, an incredibly odd seizure on Saturday that my neurologist is going to have an incredibly fun time with)

Dumb thing #2: Happy bursts open the fire hydrant with a wrench scene. She does all these calculations and all of this leads up to...water spewing out from the fire hydrant before the gang gets there. They can just scoot to the left and ride away or even just go through the wet part. It's like they were phobic of water.

You know what would be smart AND cool? If Happy had timed it so that the water from the fire hydrant shoots out at them like a cannon knocking them off their motorcycles just as they were about to pass it.

Wait, isn't that what Happy did? Timed it so the force of the water from the hydrant dislodged them from their motorcycles?

• Love 2

She timed it so that the force from the water comes out before they had gotten close to it. They had time to react and drive away from the water's impact. Had she timed it about a second later, I would have no problem with this scene.

Why the instant chemistry between Megan and Sylvester? Have we ever received a hint they've known each other before?

They bonded during the Bosnia rescue episode. Sylvester stayed in L.A. as tech support and she hung around and helped. Something like 36 hours of show time they were alone together. 

• Love 2

They bonded during the Bosnia rescue episode. Sylvester stayed in L.A. as tech support and she hung around and helped. Something like 36 hours of show time they were alone together.

Ah, thanks. That explains it. I had the show on while I was packing to move. I clearly paid no attention.

She timed it so that the force from the water comes out before they had gotten close to it. They had time to react and drive away from the water's impact. Had she timed it about a second later, I would have no problem with this scene.

I think it was a problem with execution/direction.  I think they were having her talk through the calculations as if she was setting it off just in time to knock them over, but when they shot the scene, the timing seemed off. 

For Walter having "no feelings" didn't show this episode, deeply concerned about Sylvester and of course love for Paige, jealous of the ex and not "cheating on her" with the hot agent.

I loved this one - with the exception of the last couple of minutes. Not the final scene where they all gathered in Sylvester's room, but the two scenes that immediately preceded it (please stop trying to make me care about the characters' love lives - I doubt it's what your viewership are watching for and you don't do it well) and I don't need to see Walter angsting over whether he could have saved the Bad Guy(TM), who should easily have survived that fall (a 2 storey drop CAN be fatal but it probably won't be - probably break a few bones, though). But before that, I was loving it:

The Team all acted true to their natures. Sylvester's OCD meant he just HAD to straighten the IED, so Walter obviously wants to work out how to "fix" him (OK, no surprise, he's fine by the end of the episode), Toby & Happy were rather understandably bitchy but ultimately did their job (and I loved Toby & Walter's "About earlier.." "Yeah, likewise!" exchange, which totally sold me in four words that they were long term colleagues). And the first time Team Scorpion did something completely dumb (Walter getting out to sock the lone gangster) actually turned out to be a ruse to plant a bug, which was pretty clever.

Sure, the armoured car drivers earned their Darwin award (couldn't our genius robbers have rigged some sort of Electrical Surge Device to disable the van? The Drivers would STILL be dumb for leaving the vehicle but at least they couldn't simply have driven over the bike!) - but at least we're not told THEY were geniuses!

ETA: They even avoided a trope I really hate: "These guys are such geniuses there's no point trying our normal methods to catch them!" No, you try them because even geniuses slip up sometimes. OK, they didn't in this case, but even though the FBI lady doubted it would work, she still had her people run the safe for prints. I wish more shows would do that - it's not as if it takes more than a couple of lines of dialogue to establish you found nothing.

Edited by John Potts