Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

This actor seems to be joining the cast this season. Just in time for my complaining about the lack of male characters.

A Prince based on the second photo he posted.  Maybe Cinderella's Prince who is not good enough for her, since no man can compare to Henry.  With everyone wearing his get-up, I'm sure it will be soooooo easy to forget that Charming is off the show.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Camera One said:

A Prince based on the second photo he posted.  Maybe Cinderella's Prince who is not good enough for her, since no man can compare to Henry.  With everyone wearing his get-up, I'm sure it will be soooooo easy to forget that Charming is off the show.

This is probably Prince Charming 2.0.

But it's all good, because he's the perfect match for Drizella.  They scheme for him to cozy up to Cinders to get the treasures her father left her.  He'll be the Male Abigail.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Camera One said:

But it's all good, because he's the perfect match for Drizella.  They scheme for him to cozy up to Cinders to get the treasures her father left her.  He'll be the Male Abigail.

Prince AbiMale?

• Love 1

I can't wait for the article announcing that Kevin Ryan is joining OUAT as a "charming" prince, and then getting to watch Adam spend hours on Twitter denying that he'll be playing Prince Charming!

• Love 2

Episode 6, previously referred to by Eddy as "that's *probably* when Regina's centric is" (yeah, as if he didn't know precisely when Regina's centric would be), is titled "Wake Up Call".  I'm surprised they didn't call it "How Roni Got Her Groove Back", because that's probably what it will be... Regina learns to be strong again and stand up against Lady Tremaine, leading up to the big mid-season finale.

How are they going to one-up "The Heart is the Lonely Hunter"?  Someone would need to die... Alice II?  Tiana?  Drizella?  One of them is surely a redshirt.  If Lady Tremaine has to kill someone she "loved", it might be Drizella.  Or maybe it will be Prince Charming The Second.

Edited by Camera One

LOL... nice prediction.  No article yet, but the denial has started.

15 hours ago, Kktjones said:

I can't wait for the article announcing that Kevin Ryan is joining OUAT as a "charming" prince, and then getting to watch Adam spend hours on Twitter denying that he'll be playing Prince Charming!

Adam Horowitz‏@AdamHorowitzLA

Replying to @CaptainSwan861  We are not replacing any of them. They all still exist in the show. (And we are not doing a different version of charming)

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Camera One said:

(And we are not doing a different version of charming)

Then maybe they should not have had Henry and the new guy literally in some of Dallas's old costumes.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Camera One said:

LOL... nice prediction.

Well, Adam is nothing if not predictable.

56 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Replying to @CaptainSwan861  We are not replacing any of them. They all still exist in the show. (And we are not doing a different version of charming)

I really don't get what they're trying to accomplish by repeating characters we've already had on the show. How can you say you're not replacing Cinderella when you literally have a new Cinderella? I doubt they will do new versions of the characters that were played by regulars (i.e. Snow, Charming, Wicked Witch, Belle, Robin, etc.), but why repeat any of them? I know I'm probably not their target audience anymore since I was mostly just watching for CaptainSwan, but my sister has a Nielson box (and has watched since the beginning) and she and her teenage daughters have no interest in what they're trying to do with the show.

• Love 1

Imagine Lost's last season, but only Ben, Kate, and Sawyer return. You've got Shannon, Ana Lucia, Charlotte, Cindy, and Libby as well, but they're all played by different actors, have different backstories, and have no connection to anything that has happened in the show up to that point. Jack, Claire, and Hurley only come for one-episode cameos. Aaron is aged up and the new male lead.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

Aaron boards a flight and crashes on ANOTHER island called Hyperion Island, but it's really different since it's a temperate island, not a tropical one.  He has no memories of his past but he has the need to fix things.  Ben, Kate and Sawyer also end up being on that island, and they don't remember who they are either.  Ben now has shoulder length hair and is a pop singer, Kate wears her hair in a bun and is a very girly librarian, and Sawyer uses gel and a side-part and is a sophisticated aristocrat.  The Island is controlled by Lady Jacobina Tremaine, who has chosen these characters as her "Candidates".

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

The Island is controlled by Lady Jacobina Tremaine, who has chosen these characters as her "Candidates".

And she coincidentally shares the name of Shannon's stepmother, but she's really Hyperion!Shannon's stepmother.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kktjones said:

I know I'm probably not their target audience anymore

Well that's the thing, the show doesn't know what the target audience is, it's messy.

• Love 4

The target audience is different for every episode.  There are also multiple target audiences, sometimes the target audience is Crazy Fandom #1 from Twitter, sometimes it's Crazy Fandom #2 from Twitter, sometimes, it's Crazy Fandom #3,  though usually the target audience is Adam, Eddy, Jane and Co.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Camera One said:

LOL... nice prediction.  No article yet, but the denial has started.

He is so predictable!

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Kktjones said:

I really don't get what they're trying to accomplish by repeating characters we've already had on the show. How can you say you're not replacing Cinderella when you literally have a new Cinderella? I doubt they will do new versions of the characters that were played by regulars (i.e. Snow, Charming, Wicked Witch, Belle, Robin, etc.), but why repeat any of them?

They have already burned through all the most recognizable Disney movies.  They really have no choice but to redo something.  They aren't creative enough to do lesser known tales that require more world building or the animal movies.  Although the episode discussion would be highly amusing if they revealed that Henry was one half of Lady and the Tramp.

• Love 2

I'm thankful S7 doesn't take place in Storybrooke. That's one positive thing I can say about it. SB sucks the life out of every arc it's a part of. There's a reason 3A, 5A, and 5B stood out as better arcs. (And 4A to a lesser extent with its Arendelle focus.) Hyperion Heights might be a repeat, but at least there will be some of that basic worldbuilding A&E always do at the very beginning. If it lasts any longer than half a season, it'll probably wear out its welcome pretty fast.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Another big plus is FINALLY - there is a setting with no magic.  That was ultimately the problem moreso than Storybrooke itself, though I agree the writing is even worse than there isn't a new "place" to explore, at least very peripherally.  Of course, there is still the chance that A&E will introduce magical MacGuffins and solutions very quickly, even in the "world without magic".  That's why even NYC became a dud in the Season 5 finale.

Edited by Camera One
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

Another big plus is FINALLY - there is a setting with no magic.  That was ultimately the problem moreso than Storybrooke itself, though I agree the writing is even worse than there isn't a new "place" to explore, at least very peripherally.  Of course, there is still the chance that A&E will introduce magical MacGuffins and solutions very quickly, even in the "world without magic".  That's why even NYC became a dud in the Season 5 finale.

Can't wait to come back to this post after they reintroduce magic only a few episodes in....

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Surely, they can hold out for half a season?  Maybe I have too much HOPE.

I predict at most one episode without some magical macguffin that works in Hyperion Heights. A&E can't do without it.

• Love 1

No one seems to care about spoilers anymore. I see the occasional shot of Colin BTS, but no one comments about the actual filming or the events that must be occurring. Previous seasons had spoiler extravaganzas when something interesting excited a fanbase. You couldn't escape the endless gifs. Now I don't think anyone has much interest in the actual story. Sure Lana, Robert and Colin are filming, but since we have no connection to the other characters and little to speculate about with regards to plot, the most enthusiasm fans can dredge up is seeing their favorite wander off to get some coffee. This show needs a juicy spoiler leak to get the audience talking. Apathy is not good.

• Love 5

They also seem to be doing a lot of indoor shooting.  The spoilers that got people excited were ones from outdoor filming in Steveston. But aside from a park bench and some external shots of the police department, we really don't have much to go on. 

21 minutes ago, sharky said:

They also seem to be doing a lot of indoor shooting.  The spoilers that got people excited were ones from outdoor filming in Steveston. But aside from a park bench and some external shots of the police department, we really don't have much to go on. 

Even so, there's barely any speculation or activity across the board anymore especially compared to previous seasons.

On 8/29/2017 at 6:00 PM, Camera One said:

Surely, they can hold out for half a season?  Maybe I have too much HOPE.

Half a season? Half an episode is more like it!

"Is there magic here?"

Other character, prob Rump: "Yes and no..."

Though I do hold out hope that in the season finale in SB Fiona only used magic to push Henry down the stairs...(which is excusable in any form...)

• Love 1

I don't really go seeking spoilers. I just see what's posted here, and nothing much is being posted here, so there's not much to discuss. I know that my mental fanfic doesn't seem to be happening. Usually, I spend the summer mentally writing what I think the next season is going to be, based on what we know. This year, I don't really know enough to speculate on, and I've found that what I come up with between seasons is usually better than what makes it on the show, so I'm inevitably disappointed. If I think about this show at all, it's more alternate history -- what would have happened if things had gone a different way? Or I'm ignoring season 7 and thinking of a different way things could go after season 6 that disregards casting realities.

About the only thing I've considered about the new season is whether Lucy will at any point refer to Hook as "Grandpa."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sharky said:

Tiana is a regular? Hm... We've had quite a few BTS shots of her with Colin and this is worrying me.

Why would it worry you? Tiana is a Disney Princess they're not gonna pair her with anyone but her Prince Naveen. This show never separates Disney couples and Naveen and Tiana tend to be the one of the only POC couples in the Disney Vault. 

Furthermore those BTS are them joking around between takes. Hook and Tiana have only been involved in 3 scenes together and none of which have been them alone.

1. 7x03, with everyone in the group meeting in EF 2

2. 7x03 present day. Detective Rogers by this point sits on a bench and Tiana appears and sits on the other side. Obviously she is a police informant. Rumple is watching this entire scene play out on the bridge near the park. We have confirmation of pics from set.

3. 7x05 present day. Scene in the police station along with a bunch of other cops as Rogers probably helps Tiana with the arson charges she has cause I'm sure Tremaine has set her up for burning down the restaurant.

Seriously nothing at all in their interactions is romantic, even Kat confirmed that. Rogers has filmed the most with Rumple. 

The reason Tiana got promoted to a series regular was aside from it being obvious she was becoming one cause she was supposed to be at Comic Con. Same with Adelaide.

1. They need another Disney Princess, Cinderella is not enough.

2. She is Cinderella's roommate. So she is obviously going to play a very big role in her story as well.

This paranoia falls right in line with Tiger Lily is Hook's baby mama, and Emma is gonna hook up with the bartender and cheat on Killian. 

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sharky said:

Tiana is a regular? Hm... We've had quite a few BTS shots of her with Colin and this is worrying me.

Frankly, I'm not worried.  The show is effectively over.  All the ships are effectively over.

Season 7 is going to require being able to deal with that or not enjoying the show.  Seriously... dissecting the ways in which Hook is not honoring Emma's memory (or lack there of) is not sounding like its going be fun.

If the show makes a massive turn in quality.  If Emma is gone and Hook has chemistry with someone, it might work.  Its unlikely but it might work.

As shipping goes, I generally have two types.  Couples where I like the couple and don't like either in different romantic relationships (very rare for me).  Or couples where one is my fave and I can get over breakups and glom onto one half in a new relationship (more common for me).

The reason I'm having an issue with season 7 and cast departures is that the writing is poor.  So the fact that I really don't know which type of shipping Captain Swan was for me yet doesn't really matter.  I think its not going to be good but not because I need season 1-6 preserved in some amber of true and only love happy endings.

If Emma is gone and Hook has chemistry with someone, it might work.  Its unlikely but it might work.

Emma is not gone. She's not dead or anything. Hook will never move on from Emma. Took him 300 yrs to move on from Milah. On top of that once he's free from the curse his number one priority will be getting back to Emma.

Tiana is a non-issue and I'm pretty sure Disney does not want us to hate one of their Disney Princesses. Which pairing her with one half of the core couple of 6 seasons when they got married and are true love, yeah I'd say the GA will hate her and the pairing. Cause she's getting in the way between CS and on this show we care a lot more about CS then we do about random chick that just appeared in S7.  So it's not smart and again there's been not a single hint or shred of anything to support this aside from the hysterics on social media. God forbid Hook interacts with any woman. 

Hook films with females all the time. Jasmine, Belle, Elsa, Ariel, Tiger Lily etc. This is literally no different, seriously.

They also could not be more clear they have no intention of getting Hook an LI this season. Go look at how they talk about Regina getting an LI and Hook getting one. The difference is night and day. With Hook they're trolling and joking around which they've done for 6 years, just being dumb. With Regina they're very serious about it. 

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 2

The only way it might work is if they say Hook, Regina, Rumple and Henry were transported 100 years into the future, so Emma and Snowing have died.  Maybe it's a post-apocalyptic Seattle undergoing gentrification.  That would also explain why there is a new Cinderella, since it's a new generation in the Enchanted Forest.  

• Love 1

So are they really going with the "big, bad developer" as the main villain this season? The plot centers around her trying to take over the neighborhood garden and local chicken restaurant? Is this still Once Upon a Time? I'm sure there will be flashbacks to the EF2, but this just sounds SO boring! 

10 hours ago, cappoe said:

2. 7x03 present day. Detective Rogers by this point sits on a bench and Tiana appears and sits on the other side. Obviously she is a police informant. Rumple is watching this entire scene play out on the bridge near the park. We have confirmation of pics from set.

3. 7x05 present day. Scene in the police station along with a bunch of other cops as Rogers probably helps Tiana with the arson charges she has cause I'm sure Tremaine has set her up for burning down the restaurant.

Do you have links for this? I never saw any connection made between the scene with Rogers and Tiana on the bench and the one with Rumple on the bridge. And where is the information about Tiana being charged with arson? I follow spoilers pretty closely and haven't seen any of this. 

I don't think Tiana will end up being a LI for Rogers, but I don't trust these writers not to go there at some point this season. I'm glad you are optimistic that Rogers will get his memory back and his priority will be getting back to Emma, but I don't have the same faith. I highly doubt they are going to have Colin's storyline center around getting back to a character that is no longer on the show. Plus, they don't seem to be writing this as the final season, so they need to keep his story open for possible future seasons (not that I think it will last beyond this season, but they are arrogant enough to think it can continue). My guess is they will write Robert's character towards an end this season as he's confirmed that he's only back for one more year. There is no such confirmation for Colin or Lana, so they need to create an ongoing storyline for both of them.

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Maybe Tiana gets killed-off in the sixth episode to Show the audience how evil Lady T is. Hence the actor being promoted to series regular. 

That would break the "Disney Princesses can't die" rule, though.

Tiana will most likely be from 1920s New Orleans World, which will be different from 1920s England World, since nobody's got time for continuity.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Maybe Tiana gets killed-off in the sixth episode to Show the audience how evil Lady T is. Hence the actor being promoted to series regular. 

I fully expect them to do something like this to prove the show has "stakes" and to re-create a Graham-dies type of moment.  

And then Cinders get arrested for killing Tiana.

If they want to avoid killing a Disney Princess, then maybe Lady Tremaine kills Tiana's mom instead and Cinders gets arrested (reluctantly by Rogers, who knows she can't be guilty but the planted evidence says otherwise), and her friendship with Tiana is tested.  This has a huge impact on Henry since Tiana's mom took him in after he left Storybrooke.  She becomes the grandma he never had.  

Edited by Camera One

Whether or not Tiana dies, if the show's pattern holds true, her being named a regular will be the kiss of death for her character. Up to the point where she was named a regular, she'll have had a lot to do. Once she becomes a regular, the writers will lose all interest in her and stop giving her anything to do. She'll mostly hang around in the background for scenes and get maybe a line or two per episode. The only exception so far has been Hook, and I wonder if Colin broke the pattern by breaking his leg soon after being named a regular -- they couldn't use him, so they became more interested in him instead of having him available and losing interest.

Thinking more about what we know of the situation for season seven, Henry really comes across as a jerk. First there's leaving home -- not just to go to another city, but using the Last Magic Bean (is "last" maybe a variety of magic bean rather than a description of its status?) to go off gallivanting to other worlds so he can be enough of a hero to get written into a storybook. There are lots of ways in our world to be a hero, and wanting to get written into the book is looking for glory rather than true heroics. Plus, isn't it selfish to use the Last Magic Bean (and we really mean it this time) to go off looking for glory? Given the number of crises they've had when they really could have used a magic bean, you'd think they'd save it for an emergency, or use it to grow more magic beans, or something more sensible (I had a similar problem with Red using an earlier Last Magic Bean to to off looking for the pack she rejected and that rejected her). But then there's Henry off in another world, getting married, and having a kid, and unless he's using more Last Magic Beans to pop in on his folks every so often, that means his parents and grandparents are missing out on all the major milestones in his life and missing out on his wedding and getting to see their grandchild/great-grandchild as a baby and growing up. Given his family's history, that's especially harsh, since Emma missed out on his early years and the Charmings missed out on Emma's childhood. He's by choice doing to his family what Regina did to them with the curse.

Plus, all the looking to be a hero to get in the book and the magic bean shenanigans are unnecessary, given that Henry is the Author, and it's been established that the Author has the ability and the duty to world-hop. Henry probably should be out traveling among worlds, but he has the power to do so, and he has a good reason to do so other than wanting to be in the books that he, himself, is supposed to be writing.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Dragon: "Magic is all around us. But here they call it... electromagnetism."

Which reminds me, did we ever find out what happened to the Dragon or who he actually was and how he could perform magic in the LWOM?