Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I wish it were sarcasm.  Adam announced on Twitter that the actor who played Isaac is back.  I guess he could be playing "Lame Television Salesman" but I doubt it.

Ah, I didn't see that tweet from Adam.  I like Patrick Fischler a lot, but I agree that bringing Isaac back now makes little to no sense (and I'm one of the few who actually LIKED Isaac and wouldn't have minded having him stick around after 4B).  Season 6 has gotten complicated enough as it is.

So, the Aladdin and Jasmine, Gideon, Tinkerbell, Robin, Ariel and her prince, August, black beard, the author, Black feary, King George, a random bartender, Nemo, Liam 2... I surely forgot some one. 

Yes, I am sure 6b will be able to execute satisfactory all the 1001 storylines that still up in the air by EP.17 plus a musical episode. 

Edited by maryle
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, maryle said:

So, the Aladdin and Jasmine, Gideon, Tinkerbell, Robin, Ariel and her prince, August, black beard, the author, Black feary, King George... I surely forgot some one. 

Yes, I am sure 6b will be able to covert satisfactory all the 1001 storylines that still up in the air by EP.17 plus a musical episode. 

Basically available cameos, a bunch of disjointed storylines, and a random musical.

@maryle, there's also Tiger Lily and some potential Lost Boys.

6 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

They didn't plan this season at all. 

I knew that getting rid of the half-season formula would turn into chaos. A lot of people were excited about going back to one season-long story line, but I think this season proves that A&E don't have the chops to write a coherent 22-episode season anymore. If Season 7 is approved, either the episode order has to be cut down, or A&E need to be replaced by another showrunner.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

So, the Aladdin and Jasmine, Gideon, Tinkerbell, Robin, Ariel and her prince, August, black beard, the author, Black feary, King George, a random bartender,... I surely forgot some one.

there's also Tiger Lily and some potential Lost Boys.

I'm sure we have a few more guest stars still to be announced.  The number of cameos is going to be approximately the number of attendees at the inauguration. Depending on how you count, of course.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

Edit: Holy crap! I totally forgot Oded Fehr is technically on this show still. Why haven't we gotten a juicy Rumple/Jafar scene yet?!?!

I don't understand why Jafar is even here. You could stick any villain in his role and just call it a "twist" on the Aladdin tale, since he was in Wonderland. I thought the actor was great, but the character is such a non-element in S6. I thought he was going play a bigger role, but it doesn't appear he is.

• Love 2

Adam has confirmed they're screening 6.11 next week in Atlanta, so we'll know a whole month in advance everything that happens. That should be interesting. I hate it when an entire episode is spoiled, but I needed that to prepare to get through 6.10 (it helped a lot to make the episode mildly watchable), so yay for super advanced spoilers.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, XrystalPond said:

I have my ticket. It's just a few miles from where I work and live. I guess I am about to see old, boozer Hook. 

On a scale from 1-10, how willing are you to take extensive notes and give us the play-by-play for all 43 minutes?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable return of Lily to complete the return to 4B fun.

Lily would probably be an improvement.  

12 hours ago, Curio said:

It's strange that they're pulling so much of 4B's terribleness into 6B. It's like they looked at this forum, saw our debate about whether 4B or 6A is worse, and decided to combine them together to create a 6B monster.

Maybe they saw the debate and took it as a challenge?  ("We'll show them!")

8 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I don't understand why Jafar is even here. You could stick any villain in his role and just call it a "twist" on the Aladdin tale, since he was in Wonderland. I thought the actor was great, but the character is such a non-element in S6. I thought he was going play a bigger role, but it doesn't appear he is.

It's a disjointed mess of characters that are thrown in without any thought put into them like Jekyll/Hyde, Jasmine/Aladdin, or the hundreds of other characters left.

5 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Get ready for, "Are there Captain Swan scenes?!!"

My friend is going and she intends on letting the writers know without Colin and Jennifer next season they'll lose her and millions of others. Cause we're invested in Emma and her story. One or the other won't cut it, both or nothing.

I think they'll probably ask JMO and Colin about a potential S7 for sure and what's coming up for CS in this half especially if the engagement ring is revealed in this episode.

• Love 1

@XrystalPond, no joke, I will wire you everything I have in my PayPal account* if you're able to ask during the panel, "When will Emma find out Regina killed Graham?"

*I think I only have a few bucks in there, but the offer still stands.

• Love 6

Who was asking for the "Author" to return?  Why must we revisit worthless storylines? 

I will say, I'm kind of hoping Cruella shows up in the wish realm.  If we can have wish Robin, why can't we have wish Cruella?  Perhaps that's why the Author is back?

• Love 1

One possible rationale behind the musical episode: If Black and White Gothic World, Fictional 1920s World, Fictional 1930s Kansas World, and Fictional Victorian Literature World are all places, why not a Musicals World? Most of the popular musical characters would require rights clearances, but there are some who are in public domain, like the Phantom of the Opera and Jean Valjean, as long as they don't sing anything actually from their shows. Or it could be the world of fairy tale musicals, using the Disney music, and it's the counterparts of our characters who are there and doing the singing (played by our regular cast) while our usual versions are a little aghast about the whole thing. So, our Snow gets to meet the Snow who's singing about her prince coming someday, etc.

I know we have a musically talented cast, so I'm not likely to be cringing from the singing, but I have to say that the thought of a musical episode on this show worries me. It's bound to end up just being a gimmick to generate buzz, since that's how they roll. I guess the one benefit of it being a single episode is that it would be hard for them to lose interest in it midway through when they get distracted by something shiny (as they have for their other gimmicks, like Frozen). The reason the Buffy musical worked was that it was pivotal to the story and character arcs, since the premise was that when you sing a song in a musical, you're singing your innermost thoughts, so when the characters were forced to be like they were in a musical, they were revealing secrets and being forced to confront feelings they were trying to ignore. It threw everything out in the open and had lasting consequences on the story and characters. It wasn't a one-off episode. I can't see these writers pulling that off.

It also helped that the Buffy characters had layered and complicated inner lives. There was a lot of subtext going on in that show, and the musical turned all the subtext into text, but because of all the subtext leading up to it, few of the things revealed in song were a surprise to the audience. In this show, the only real subtext that's not just acting choices (that usually end up being contradicted by the story) is easter eggs to fan factions or about the Disney origins. What would these characters have to sing about to get out in the open? The time when it might have worked would have been earlier in this season, when Emma was hiding her knowledge of her doom. It's hard to tell what there might be to explore musically. Unlike Buffy, Hook doesn't seem to have any issues about coming back from the dead. Emma's secret was revealed thanks to villain omniscience, and any doubts/fears about being the Savior are being explored (sort of) in the Wishverse. Regina could maybe sing about how she feels about having her dark side ripped out (since we don't have the slightest clue). Depending on how he's feeling that day, Henry could do the dramatic, angry anthem "You're Not My Dad" or do a funny buddy song with Hook. I guess Snow and Charming could sing a kind of duet, with each singing to the other as he/she sleeps.

The Buffy musical also created a full world, where we saw the effects of the spell on everything. The town turned into a musical, with even extras getting into it ("They got the mustard out!"). Again, not something I imagine this show would bother with.

I see very few ways this won't be horribly embarrassing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Curio said:

@XrystalPond, no joke, I will wire you everything I have in my PayPal account* if you're able to ask during the panel, "When will Emma find out Regina killed Graham?"

*I think I only have a few bucks in there, but the offer still stands.

I will give you all my brownie points.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

I think it's going to be a 50:50 ratio of awesomeness:embarrassment. I'm 99% sure whatever Colin and Josh do will be awesomeness, but if they force some of the cast members who aren't naturally musical to sing, then it'll definitely veer over into embarrassment. 

@KingOfHearts, ha! Exactly.

Edited by Curio
2 minutes ago, Curio said:

I think it's going to be a 50:50 ratio of awesomeness:embarrassment. I'm 99% sure whatever Colin and Josh do will be awesomeness, but if they force some of the cast members who aren't naturally musical to sing, then it'll definitely veer over into embarrassment. 

@KingOfHearts, ha! Exactly.

IE Lana. Cause she cannot sing.

Colin, JMO, Josh, Ginny, Bex, Bobby, Emilie they can sing.

I imagine they'll give Regina "talk singing" kind of scenes where it doesn't require much vocal talent. Something simple like reciting off a spell.

If they're going to do this musical, they better do it right. I wonder if the writers will be influenced by Hamilton's success and attempt to do some Lin-Manuel Miranda-esque style songs. Wait a minute... he wrote songs for Moana, AKA a Disney property. Hire that man, OUAT!!! Can you imagine the buzz if they could snag him as a consultant?

• Love 1

Lana can sing. There's a clip of her singing on some show she was on. She was just fine. Most, if not all, of the cast can probably carry a tune, but the length of preparation time can limit how well they'll perform it. I can sing too if I know the tune, but ask me to learn lines and music and choreography in the same amount of time as I normally just learn a song and it won't be pretty. That's where I see the potential trainwreck happening. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 2

LOL, it would be hilarious if they went to Galavant World.

The writers would probably want Regina to sing "Let It Go", since she's the "misunderstood" villain everyone should love. She would probably be ripping out hearts instead of making ice castles, though. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

Lana can sing. There's a clip of her singing on some show she was on. She was just fine. Most, if not all, of the cast can probably carry a tune, but the length of preparation time can limit how well they'll perform it.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I'd guess it's somewhat similar to the circumstances under which the Grey's Anatomy musical episode was produced in the sense that you've got a few professionally trained and experienced musicians and the rest of those actually willing to sing is on very similar levels of doing fine with a certain amount of training. The question is how much time and money is this show ready to invest in order to come up with something that's at least... bordering on professional.

I'm more concerned about the quality of the songwriting and how well it fits the voices of the cast and has any relevance to plot other than being a desperate ratings grab than I am about the musical performances. I think most of the cast are trained in music in some way. For instance, Colin sings with a band and has done a role involving music, but would he be up to Disney-style music? That's not really his style, even if he can sing. (it's a pity Hook is missing a left hand so they can't use the guitar skills)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

The Buffy musical also created a full world, where we saw the effects of the spell on everything. The town turned into a musical, with even extras getting into it ("They got the mustard out!"). Again, not something I imagine this show would bother with.

The prepared for the Buffy musical for six months and then filmed and rehearsed it for in between the four prior episodes before getting to the bulk of the filming.  And as you said their starting point had more subtext and depth of character.  Unless they've had this episode on double secret probation, then I'm not sure they are spending enough time on it to make it good.

I do think the episode will be more fun than anything we've seen in a while.

• Love 1

I think the fact I don't take most the show seriously will help me to enjoy the musical. 

Honestly, how it is possible to take rumbelle as this great love story for the ages? When it looks like a Rachel and Ross gone very bad redux or OQ for that matter how many separation reunion they will have gone through ? 

And, I will love to have a cs duet to listen to. 

I couldn't care less about the plot as this point.  I'd much rather see the characters have a bit of fun.  Hell, I'd watch an episode of Lady Tremaine chasing all the Disney princesses.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

The Once Universe can be used as a jumping off point for all kinds of genres. The drama angle the writers have selected is not the only one that could work, imo. In the past, they've been braver about exploring different styles. Hat Trick felt like a thriller, for example. I'm not worried about the musical episode, because with the premise, it can still be done well. Of course, the writers will botch it up, but it won't be worse than anything else.

32 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The Once Universe can be used as a jumping off point for all kinds of genres. The drama angle the writers have selected is not the only one that could work, imo. In the past, they've been braver about exploring different styles. Hat Trick felt like a thriller, for example. I'm not worried about the musical episode, because with the premise, it can still be done well. Of course, the writers will botch it up, but it won't be worse than anything else.

Hopefully they'll bring someone in who can actually write a musical episode. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I think it would be awesome to have a Capt Nemo spin off. Traveling realms and having adventures, depending on what time frame they place it the old characters could have occasional cameos or guest appearances.

There could be fun Easter eggs indicating what other events are unfolding just over the horizon. Oh, look at that giant curse cloud or a sighting of the Jolly Roger.

• Love 1

Dunno if they filmed together, but Colin & Giles were on-set at the same time. Colin has the guyliner. (Assuming that pic is from today & not an old one.)

I swear, it feels like Giles is filming more than anybody else in 6B! They are soooo making him a regular in S7 if it happens.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Dunno if they filmed together, but Colin & Giles were on-set at the same time. Colin has the guyliner. (Assuming that pic is from today & not an old one.)

Either way, that's a cute picture.

I swear, it feels like Giles is filming more than anybody else in 6B! They are soooo making him a regular in S7 if it happens.

It makes you wonder if Gideon is just the ever-present Big Bad or is actually working with the heroes. We really know very little about 6B's plot. We're aware of the major elements, but not how they connect together. (Though, the writers never do either.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

It makes you wonder if Gideon is just the ever-present Big Bad or is actually working with the heroes. We really know very little about 6B's plot. We're aware of the major elements, but not how they connect together. (Though, the writers never do either.)

I feel like he's not going to be the Big Bad. I suspect he's working with the heroes (albeit perhaps reluctantly). I feel like A&E would like to make it Such!A!Shocking!Twist! that he's not bad after we see him stabbing Emma. Like the Black Fairy coerced or manipulated him in some way. Or he has a very good reason for needing Emma dead. (If he were an editorial cartoon, he'd have the words "Season 7 contract" written on him, LOL.)

8 hours ago, Souris said:

Dunno if they filmed together, but Colin & Giles were on-set at the same time. Colin has the guyliner. (Assuming that pic is from today & not an old one.)

Oh please no, OuaT already has a bloated cast.