Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

None of the spoilers from this summer have gotten me excited for this upcoming season.  It just seems like another season of sh*t on Emma and no realistic reactions from any of the other characters.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, tri4335 said:

None of the spoilers from this summer have gotten me excited for this upcoming season.  It just seems like another season of sh*t on Emma and no realistic reactions from any of the other characters.

To be fair, there have barely been any spoilers to discuss. Even the Steveston filming has been rather uneventful. The articles we're getting are a rehash of what was said at SDCC. 

• Charming did something in the past
  • Hook has yet another secret
  • Emma isn't the first Savior
  • Belle is hiding out on the JR
  • The EQ loves Henry (for reasons or whatever)

This is the extent of what we know, which is really not that much.

I find this hiatus is going by really quickly. I haven't really missed the show all that much between that finale, and the very rare spoilers. It also speaks to my interest at this point and the main reason I'm still hanging on.

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I find this hiatus is going by really quickly. I haven't really missed the show all that much between that finale, and the very rare spoilers. It also speaks to my interest at this point and the main reason I'm still hanging on.

Usually I'm itching for the show to premiere, but this year it's like... "Oh wait, the show is already back on in a few weeks? That was fast!"

• Love 1

Well, it's not like S5 ended on a major cliffhanger or anything. (Yeah, sorry - EQ is just Cleavage Witch #342495) Between 3A and 3B, it felt like eternity even though it was shorter than a summer hiatus. Between S3 and S4 we mainly talked about the Marian debacle, and S4 to S5, well, didn't have much to speculate on either. This year I'm guessing A&E were hoping the EQ would raise a bunch of questions on how it would affect Regina and the plot. But it already doesn't make any sense and it's pretty obvious where they're going with it. The Dark Swan had more mystery because so little was teased in the S4 finale.

Usually I'm itching for the show to premiere, but this year it's like... "Oh wait, the show is already back on in a few weeks? That was fast!"

Quite frankly, I'm only antsy for the premiere so there's more to talk about. While the spoilers have been few and far between, they're still pointing to random sh*t happening as tri4335 said. Every week we'll focus on a character we'll forget about, Emma and Regina will be dealing with angst, Rumple and Belle will continue their soap opera, and all the other characters will get their centric or B-plot. Nothing's telling me the formula is getting changed up other than the 22-episode format.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Yeah, sorry - EQ is just Cleavage Witch #342495

This. This is why the Evil Queen isn't something to hype for the season. She's a cartoon villain with zero complexity. There's no characterization or struggle for the Evil Queen because she's not even a real person. So it's basically scenery chewing over the top evil all the time. That's not interesting in the slightest. You can root for Evil Queen Regina or Rumpelstiltskin because they are people with complex motivations and feelings. They were three dimensional characters (albeit less so in recent seasons as the show spins its wheels). A cardboard cut out villain isn't fun, it's boring. I'm dying for just one spoiler that makes me want to watch and I've yet to see one. I'm just so meh on it all. I'm mildly interested in Jafar, but has there been any word on Oded Fehr doing any filming outside of the teaser from Comic Con? Is Jafar even going to be a thing this season?

• Love 2

This. This is why the Evil Queen isn't something to hype for the season. She's a cartoon villain with zero complexity. There's no characterization or struggle for the Evil Queen because she's not even a real person. So it's basically scenery chewing over the top evil all the time. That's not interesting in the slightest. You can root for Evil Queen Regina or Rumpelstiltskin because they are people with complex motivations and feelings.

If it were Regina reverted, it would be a thousand times more interesting. There would be real stakes.

I still don't think Regina will end up being a savior. I think they used the Evil Queen as a villain because this is Adams only way to have his cake and eat it too. is like to hope Regina's arc ends with her realizing she was the asshole who ruined all these people's lives including her own because no one forced her to do all those awful things. Daniel being murdered is not a real reason. 

The savior story is Adam giving Emma something to do and to shit on her because Aladdin as a former savior is so suspect to me. Their was nothing special about that kid other than he had a good heart and was really pretty  with Jasmine in the movie. 

Side note they chose really pretty actors to play Jasmine and Aladdin. I know who Karen is but the actor whose playing Aladdin is new to me I think.

• Love 1

It seems they did some reshoots for 6x01 yesterday. Some pics here. Not sure if that is a good sign. Probably not.

49 minutes ago, mjgchick said:

The savior story is Adam giving Emma something to do and to shit on her because Aladdin as a former savior is so suspect to me. Their was nothing special about that kid other than he had a good heart and was really pretty  with Jasmine in the movie. 

Yeah, this. Introducing Aladdin and all the Savior mythology is A&E trying to save the season after the underwhelming reception Hyde and the return of the EQ had.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

It seems they did some reshoots for 6x01 yesterday.

Why bother with reshoots when they consistently retcon their own history all the time? Did they suddenly realize their scripts contradicted each other (like normal) and decided to try and fix things this one time? I have a feeling the premiere is going to be a hot mess.

15 minutes ago, Curio said:

Why bother with reshoots when they consistently retcon their own history all the time? Did they suddenly realize their scripts contradicted each other (like normal) and decided to try and fix things this one time? I have a feeling the premiere is going to be a hot mess.

Probably because either there were technical issues with the footage they had that couldn't be fixed in post-production or, more likely, network executives screened a cut of the episode and sent down notes with changes they wanted.

• Love 3

I read from someone on tumblr it had to do with the number of hours Lana was filming for ep one due to double duty as evil queen and Regina. Could be since she lost a day for Comicon also.

1 minute ago, daxx said:

I read from someone on tumblr it had to do with the number of hours Lana was filming for ep one due to double duty as evil queen and Regina. Could be since she lost a day for Comicon also.

Maybe the logistics of Lana having to do so much work will be a blessing in disguise, and the stupid Evil Queen/Regina plot will be resolved much faster than we anticipated because production probably wants to avoid reshoots.

• Love 2

If it has to do with the Evil Queen stuff then Tatiana Maselany must spend a whole day just doing reshoots for a scene since she plays 5 main characters. Also when Nina Dobrev was on TVD the episodes where she played multiple people must've been hell for the crew and her as well.

Hopefully it's just a half season with two Regina's even if theirs no more half season arcs. 

Im so annoyed that Adam and Eddy is making Aladdin of all people a magical character instead of him just being the homeless kid who pretended to be a Prince. Way to keep ruining my childhood guys.

I skimmed part of their interview, but I'm going to be selfless brave and true in avoiding this thread from now on, so I will just make a post and jump the portal out of here.

All told, Kitsis promises a back-to-basics return to the Storybrooke-based tone of Season 1. “It’s really Emma and the Yellow Bug, riding around helping people,” he previews, “which is what we wanted to come back to this year.”

First thing I've read which makes me want to see the new season.

“This is a tweak on that idea,” says co-creator Adam Horowitz. “What happens to some of these stories if they don’t quite finish the way we thought they did, and were suspended midstream? And what would make characters want to suspend their stories?”

First thing I've read which makes me intrigued about the idea of the Land of Untold Stories (the "suspended midstream" bit, not the other part).  I can actually see that working for The Count of Monte Cristo, if he's stuck on the "revenge" part.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

It looks to me like they're redoing what they shot in Steveston the day they arrested Hyde. Lana was there for that, so I don't see how that would force a reshoot.

Having to reshoot that much stuff is a big waste of money, time & energy.

18 hours ago, daxx said:

That explanation doesn't make sense if they are reshooting previously filmed scenes. Redoing something doesn't spread out the work, it makes more work. So far this season doesn't appear to be much different from previous seasons in which Lana was featured heavily in both flashbacks and the present-day story line. There are multiple story lines going on. Regina and The Evil Queen will not be all of them.

Another person mentioned the rain while they filmed 0601 but that doesn't track either since they film in the rain all the time.  

I didn't see any pictures that were clearly reshots, they have the same clothes but the white screened shots didn't look like anything I'd already seen.

And not exactly something that makes me excited for the new season. Also, no one on this show wins a parent of the year award so the reasonable options for a better arrangement are limited from the start and I get that Kitsis and Horowitz consider that one flashback episode with the young Mills sisters Zelena's redemption, but I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that she's apparently honestly living with and raising that baby now. I don't think I will ever get past the giant mess that was Rebecca Mader's comeback story and I have a sneaking suspicion Zelena's gonna seriously get on my nerves this season, thanks to the writing.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Not going to lie - that picture with EQ and Zelena drinking over a cradle is disturbing.

Poor Robin is stuck in between those crazy women again, I see. (I'm dreading the scene where Emma is talking about giving Neal a bath as Zelena and Regina argue over who gets to hold Robin.)

• Love 2

After Zelena's quickie redemption in 5B, I really don't want to see her backflip after talking to EQ. I think it'll be fine if it creates some sort of inner conflict for her (not sure how), but if she is sees the dark side of Regina and goes, "This is going to be wicked fun!" and EQ says, "You mean evil fun," followed by giggles, I'll flip a table.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

but if she is sees the dark side of Regina and goes, "This is going to be wicked fun!" and EQ says, "You mean evil fun," followed by giggles, I'll flip a table.

Better go to IKEA now, because you know the writers won't be able to resist.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So do you assemble the table before you flip it? 

Yes. Yes you do.

Didn't the gang (Emma, Hook, David, Snow, Regina, Henry) already film a scene a couple weeks ago where they were looking up at something in the sky? I wonder if that's the scene they decided to reshoot, because it looks like they're doing the same thing in the new photos, except they're in a different location. (The original scene had them on Main Street I think, and these photos are in the woods.) I can't find the photos so I might be way off, though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tri4335 said:

Are we sure they're doing a reshoot?  They never seem to change clothes through 90 percent of the season; it could be a new scene.

It was confirmed by some set stalkers that it's a reshoot. 

And good news! They've changed clothes! I know I was ecstatic when I saw the BTS for 6x02. Those clothes can probably stand on their own they've been worn so much.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm hoping Zelena is the one who gets to destroy The Evil Queen. She fulfills her sisterly duty (LOL) by helping out Regina that way, gets to do what she always wanted, and it benefits the other heroes all at the same time.

Wicked vs. Evil 2.0? Sure, why not. But since Zelena got to vanquish Hades, I doubt she'll get the same sort of opportunity any time soon.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I know upthread you were talking about how it would be a regression for the character, but I think it would actually show her growth if it was clear she was doing it to protect everyone (particularly Regina) and that she wasn't getting off on it whereas her motivation to do it before was only jealousy and personal satisfaction.

Plus, we never really got a legitimate Wicked vs. Evil, imo. Zelena vs. S1 Regina would have been amazing. Although thinking on it, it would lack some of the punch now, too, with Zelena not being at her most evil/powerful self anymore either.

They can consider it a "reshoot" if they're shooting a new scene for an episode that was completed. They may not be reshooting the same scene but doing a new or changed scene. That's possible if the reshoot is because the network saw the premiere and demanded changes. It sounds like the new president has some good ideas about the show, so that may bode well for us.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It was confirmed by some set stalkers that it's a reshoot. 

And good news! They've changed clothes! I know I was ecstatic when I saw the BTS for 6x02. Those clothes can probably stand on their own they've been worn so much.

You wouldn't tease me would you Yadda Yadda?? ;-) I hope this season moves the timeline and we don't have just another week pass in showtime!

@KingOfHearts I think you called it and that will be one of the new tag lines for the season!

3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Wicked vs. Evil 2.0? Sure, why not. But since Zelena got to vanquish Hades, I doubt she'll get the same sort of opportunity any time soon.

Agreed. Since the villain of the season is the EQ, the only one to defeat her will be Regina.

1 minute ago, retrograde said:

Colin and Jared filmed (separately) at Emma's House, but not JMo.

There is a theory on tumblr that Emma was abducted after her meeting with Killian on the docks and that Henry and Hook are both at the house looking for her. The abduction theory revolves around thinking that she will be placed under a sleeping curse sometime this season and she needs to be inaccessible otherwise Killian or Henry can just TLK her.

• Love 2

You can't have Emma out of the action under a sleeping curse and hidden away somewhere for more than one episode. It doesn't work.  Plus, I'm pretty sure the show is going with a Regina/Evil Queen/Zelena/Henry storyline that occasionally deals with Snowing and sometimes Emma. Meanwhile, Emma gets the whole Untold Stories plot, where she's basically just there to introduce and conclude the untold story of the week in keeping with her role as the Saviour - now with shaking jazz hands! And Rumpel and Belle are doing their thing in a box, with a fox and on a boat.

Edited by KAOS Agent
21 minutes ago, daxx said:

There is a theory on tumblr that Emma was abducted after her meeting with Killian on the docks and that Henry and Hook are both at the house looking for her. The abduction theory revolves around thinking that she will be placed under a sleeping curse sometime this season and she needs to be inaccessible otherwise Killian or Henry can just TLK her.

This has been one of my own specs as well. But this seems rather too early in the Season for that. I'm pretty sure Emma's not going to be out of commission for more than one episode at most. So unless Emma's in a dreamscape for multiple episodes (how long is Morpheus around for?), she's likely not under a sleeping curse. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, daxx said:

Unless they are doing some timey wimey flashbacks/ forwards or time jumps it does seem too soon, it's odd that Henry and Killian would film separately at her house though.

Not if Hook is living there now because they moved in together and are a real family under one roof!

As for Regina/Zelena, you know. TS;TW. Zelena will probably be a double agent against the Evil Queen and destroy her to save her sister Regina and the rest of the town in a twist we did not see coming!!!!!!! (except we did. A month before the show aired its season premiere. So.....yea.)

• Love 1

If Emma has really been abducted, I bet Nemo is the one taking her to get his revenge on Hook for something the pirate did to him in the past. And that would be Hook's terrible secret (what he did to Nemo) and the reason why Charming and, probably, Snow and Henry would get mad at him.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

If Emma has really been abducted, I bet Nemo is the one taking her to get his revenge on Hook for something the pirate did to him in the past. And that would be Hook's terrible secret (what he did to Nemo) and the reason why Charming and, probably, Snow and Henry would get mad at him.

As soon as I saw the pics of Emma walking away from Hook smiling on the docks, I figured something was gonna happen to one of them to end the ep. Because a happy, smiling character immediately presages DUN DUN DUN ANGST! I would also put my money on Nemo, who may have been skulking on the docks, saw Hook kiss Emma and figured kidnapping her would be a way to punish Hook.

Hook & Henry (and Regina or the EQ, because apparently Lana was filming there later) looking for Emma at the house would explain them filming there separately, whether they're living there or  not.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

If it's just a kidnapping w/o a Sleeping Curse, then I can see it play out for one episode with Captain Nemo. He'll probably turn out to be yet another villain with a tragic backstory. I don't remember the story of 20,000 leagues under the sea--it's been too long since I read it.

S o not only will the Savior be kidnapped by Nemo because her Pirate probably did something to him back then but she still has to deal with the Evil Queen trying to ruin her life plus she has to hear Regina whine about how shitty her life is? I can't. Can Emma live?

Charming’s past becomes something very important to his future. We’re going to see him and Snow embarking on some adventure related to that past, and what that’s going to create for them moving forward, which is some unexpected obstacles to that happy ending they’re all trying to live.”

His daddy sold his first future grandson in exchange for his farm. So, someone from the LoUS is coming to collect Do-Over. 

• Love 1