Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Also, It's affecting someone else NOW?  What about when Rumple tried to destroy Emma multiple times?  The time he let Hook die?  The time he was willing to let the entire freak'in town be shattered sighted?

None of those had to do with Rumple and Belle's toxic relationship, though, and just had to do with Rumple being an asshole.  And Emilie wasn't saying that Rumple being an asshole is now affecting someone else, but that her putting herself out there to "fix him" is, whereas previously it only really affected her (and her father, and Gaston I guess.)  She knows that her trying to stick with Rumple will negatively affect her child.

Edited by Mathius

“She was able to let in those new emotions. One of the things we want to get into this year is Emma Swan’s head. What is it like to finally find your parents? What is it like to have to have the pressure of being the Savior? What is it like to fight all those fights?”

Shouldn't that have been the plot to 4A or 5A? I feel like we've asked these questions so many times before, but never got legitimate answers.

When asked whether Emma and Aladdin will meet in season 6, Kitsis replies, “I hope so,”

So, Eddy - you don't actually know what's going to happen?

• Love 2
(edited)

From interview quotes:

“Last year we saw Emma to Hook, ‘I love you,’ when there was no problem, when there was no death,” Kitsis says. “She was able to let in those new emotions.

What new emotion is able-to-say-I-love-you-when-no-one-is-dying?

“The characters from the Land of Untold Stories have run away because they don’t want their stories to play out,” Kitsis says.

How does that even work?  They know the endings of their own stories?  I look forward to how they're going to "explain" this (snerk).

“The very first thing we’re hoping is that people realize Emma wasn’t the first,” executive producer Edward Kitsis says of the Savior reveal. “Once you realize that Emma wasn’t the first, then it makes you wonder, ‘Well, last year we learned about the Dark One mythology. Is this year when we learn about the Savior mythology?’

It doesn't make me wonder.  It makes me go WTF with bright blinking RETCON neon signs going off in my head.

‘Is my job just helping other people? Do I get my own happiness? Has this happened to all Saviors? What do you mean I’m not the first?’”

It's funny that they're rattling off all these questions when "How did being the Dark One affect me?" hasn't even been answered yet and it's been half a season.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Camera One said:

What new emotion is able-to-say-I-love-you-when-no-one-is-dying?

Lol.

It's funny that they're rattling off these questions when "How did being the Dark One affect me?" hasn't even been answered yet and it's been half a season.

We can expect the same resolution to the "savior" arc. Doesn't this savior arc seem three seasons too late in the making? S3 was when Emma was angsting about how saviors don't get happy endings. Are we back to that now? 

Yes.  And as we have discussed previously, why is Emma still the Savior?  Aladdin is the Savior of what?  For consistency, does that mean he was the Savior of a previous Dark Curse?

And speaking of mythology they haven't touched yet, there's still the outstanding question of "Who created the Dark Curse".  I suspect that will be the question for the final season (or maybe the seventh if it's not the final).  I'm guessing it will be someone totally "unexpected", probably another "hero" who will be dragged through the mud.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Camera One said:

And speaking of mythology they haven't touched yet, there's still the outstanding question of "Who created the Dark Curse".

I think that's coming. The curse in Storybrooke was never really completely broken. People got their memories back, but everyone is still in Storybrooke.

Also regarding the Saviors, maybe have different missions.

The guy who came riding to ask Aladdin for help was saying that there was an attack and that they needed his help. Maybe at their core the Saviors are supposed to preserve people's happy endings, but the dark curse is something that's an Emma thing because the Dark Curse (unless they go and rewrite that), it was cast for the first time by Regina. Rumple stole it, and added things onto it to make it into what he wanted to make it into and he tacked on the Savior clause. 

This Saviors "mythology" makes no sense and it would be as underdevelped as the Dark One mythology was, if not more. This, like introducing Aladdin right now, is A&E trying to keep people interested after how badly received was season 5 finale and its poor cliffhanger.

• Love 2
(edited)

This, like introducing Aladdin right now, is A&E trying to keep people interested after how badly received was season 5 finale and its poor cliffhanger.

This. Most of the hype has had nothing to do with what happened in the S5 finale. The cliffhanger needed something like Aladdin since the shock value wasn't that high. S3 had Frozen and S4 had the Dark Swan. S5 had Evil Queen.... yay? Something tells me A&E were expecting that to be a much bigger deal than it ended up being for audiences. I could be blind, but I don't think even Evil Regals are all that impressed. (They're probably still mad about Robin.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
(edited)

Horowitz: The Evil Queen, in this new form, is quickly shown to be formidable in a way that we haven't seen any villain in a long time, if at all.

Great... another unbeatable villain.  Even though there's no doubt her weakness is going to be underestimating love and friendship, just like Voldemort and Sauron.  It's these warm human qualities in Regina which will ultimately save the day, I'm sure.

Kitsis: The Evil Queen is kind of like the snake with the apple. That's what she's offering up to Regina. This is a different Evil Queen. This is one that has just been separated so she has all of Regina's memories and thoughts and thinks that Regina has completely failed. Like any good villain, she is going to find your insecurities and exploit them.

So she's going to play Regina like a violin?  Sit on her shoulder in a Devil outfit?  Haven't we already seen that with Cora?

Horowitz: The Disney feature animation side has been really generous with us and they look at the show, I think, the way we present it. We like to call it the Disney cul-de-sac. These characters can come in here, go for a spin, we play with them a little bit, and then we set them back and try not to damage them.

From where I'm sitting, there's already a garage full of destroyed Disney toys.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Regina is not just the Mary Sue hero, but she gets to be the "most formidable" Mary Sue villain of the Show ever. 

Sorry, A&E, all she is by now is the most trite and overplayed villain of the Show. 

• Love 5

"In my experience, if you really don't want to worry about something, you lock it into a cage. A strong cage. Like this one. It's when you unlock the cage, that's when the trouble starts." ~ Hyde said that.

I guess the Regina was the EQ's cage just like Hyde was caged inside Jekyll, but here we are! 

I'm assuming Henry is the one who will end up taming the EQ somehow since she's also his mom, and Jared mentioned something about how the EQ was the one who raised him all those years. I hate the sound of that.

But there's that pic JMo posted of Emma on Archie's couch so now I'm fine.

They're filming in Steveston this coming Wednesday.

• Love 1
(edited)

A&E like to talk about how season 6 is going to be like season 1, but everytime they open their mouths next season looks more and more like season 4.

And I really fear what they are going to do to Jasmine. 

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

"Emma, why are you so stressed?"

"Well, I'm freaking out because Hook and I are officially True Love, so now it feels like there's this added pressure to be a perfect couple. And my parents are dealing with the Evil Queen, and because of that, I have to constantly look after my baby brother because they're too busy being on the brink of death. Henry and I never get to hang out much anymore because he's trying to tame his other mom. Who the hell knows where Rumplestiltskin is, but he's probably up to no good. Oh, and there's a bunch of new people in town that I'm apparently responsible for saving."

"What about your relationship with Regina?"

"Oh, Regina and I are fine! Totally awesome! We're such best friends! Isn't that great? Now if you don't mind, I'm going to take this shoelace off my wrist because it's been itching me for a while."

Thematically, we want the Evil Queen to really look inside herself. We've seen her be redeemed, we've seen her realize that she can't just resort to the Evil Queen to get what she wants. This year, we really want to get in her head and wonder: Can you separate the darkness, or is that a part of you?

I'm confused. They're saying we've already seen the Evil Queen be redeemed, so are they admitting that this season is just a retread of a plot they've already gone through? We saw the Evil Queen be redeemed once, and since apparently once isn't enough, we get to see it again? And why do they think it's not obvious that, yes, the darkness is a part of Regina that she can't separate? They ask the question "can you really separate yourself" as if it's this huge philosophical conundrum, when really, it's painfully clear how this story is going to wrap up.

Who is in trouble? The entire family because she has her sights not just set on Regina and Snow, but also Emma.

So the Evil Queen has all of Regina's memories, is reverting back to her old ways of wanting to destroy Snow and Emma, but Henry is safe? How does that make sense? Does the "entire family" also include Henry?

In season one we met the Mad Hatter, Jiminy Cricket, Cinderella and a host of fairy tale characters and learned their stories. We're going to find ourselves in a very similar situation where the people from the Land of Untold Stories have their stories paused. We have Emma and Regina trying to help them find happiness against Hyde and an Evil Queen, who's lurking out there.

All the press has been talking about Emma being the Savior and how she needs to help the Land of Untold Stories people find their happy endings, but suddenly now it's Emma and Regina? Are we back on the stupid Regina-might-be-a-savior bandwagon again? Good grief, can Emma have one thing that's special to her?

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Curio said:

So the Evil Queen has all of Regina's memories, is reverting back to her old ways of wanting to destroy Snow and Emma, but Henry is safe? How does that make sense? Does the "entire family" also include Henry?

The Evil Queen would have had absolutely no problem using Henry against Regina, Rumpelstiltskin, Emma and Snowing. You can't convince me otherwise!

Also, chalk me up as someone else who thought the whole savior role related to Emma's role in breaking the Dark Curse specifically. That was how it was presented originally,  but it's now a thing with other realms too?  I'm interested to see where it goes. So this is probably going to be another role....a light version of the Dark One, perhaps?

Edited by OnceUponAJen
(edited)

I'm glad they're bringing back and using one of their original supporting characters, but I don't like the idea of Archie being Emma's therapist.  They have never actually developed his character to the point where there is any confidence that he has any qualifications in that area.  He also doesn't really have a bond with Emma.  A character like her in particular, would think it would be kind of a farce to confide in someone who's not even properly trained.  A therapy session with Regina would be just as bad and unbelievable/fake.

I would rather they used Archie for Henry's character.  Technically, Henry could have been an interesting character, but nothing ever affects him emotionally to any depth that he really has no psychological problems that can be delved into.  The Author gig is all peachy and easy and there's clearly no problem with his insane and dangerous actions that he took in the Season 5 finale.  

It would also have been nice to have Archie and Gepetto sharing a scene or a therapy session with August.  

Like with many characters, a lot of the potential with Archie has already sailed.  Season 2 would have been a great way to use him, for Charming and Henry to deal with losing Snow and Emma (though they just played it like Snow and Emma took a vacation).  Henry speaking to Archie after Neal died, or after the trauma of Neverland would also have been appropriate.  But the Writers have NEVER been interested in doing this type of thing before, so I can't see much hope in whatever scene they'll be writing now.

Though we'd literally be more likely to see pigs fly on this show, than that.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/28/2016 at 10:08 PM, KingOfHearts said:

That's cause Lana is so extra.

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Curio said:

But according to Lana, Season 5 wasn't the darkest.

Lana is extra, that's already been established. Of course it wasn't dark for her cause she wasn't in the big plot. Dismissing Colin and Jennifer's opinions though was not cool and you can tell Jen was put off by her answer.

Edited by Hookian
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm glad they're bringing back and using one of their original supporting characters, but I don't like the idea of Archie being Emma's therapist.  They have never actually developed his character to the point where there is any confidence that he has any qualifications in that area.  He also doesn't really have a bond with Emma.  A character like her in particular, would think it would be kind of a farce to confide in someone who's not even properly trained.  A therapy session with Regina would be just as bad and unbelievable/fake.

I see Archie more as an objective person whom Emma can talk to without worrying that she's going to hurt anyone's feelings. We know Emma talks to Hook and he's been a good sounding board for her as far as we know. 

As far as being properly trained, we don't know what kind of stuff the curse did for him. What about those nurses at the hospital for instance, or Hansel and Gretel's father being a mechanic alongside Billy, or King George being a lawyer/DA?  The curse gave them knowledge of what the LWM is, so I'm assuming it gave them whatever download they needed for their professions. They just never went to school for it and have no student loans to pay back.

• Love 2

Agree Emma needed some kind of therapy a LONG time ago.......years and years ago....but it never does any good until the recipient is in the right head space to properly participate and get any true insights or benefit .  Emma has finally stepped out and around from most of those bunkers she's been hunkered behind. If she truly does finally  seek some impartial help, then I  think it's wonderful. We could actually get some deep and meaningful exploration and pay off to all the godawful crap the poor woman has been through.

Thing that scares me? TW;TS....! Emma is likely there seeking help how to help Regina deal with her 'trauma' about the EQ....

Where's Mary-Margaret? I  need some hope...

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I love the idea of characters (especially Emma) going to see Archie, but that should have happened a loooong time ago.

It's possible that that could have been an Offscreensville thing and they may reference Emma coming to see Archie in the past. Either that,  or this will be something new for Emma.  Given the timing,  I'm wondering if she might be getting help about dealing with almost losing Hook and trying to have a healthy relationship with him now.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Where's Mary-Margaret? I  need some hope...

Making sure Regina's hope jar is chock full.  If you look at MM's priority list, Emma's somewhere below David, Regina, and (maybe) DoOver.

Sorry.  :)

• Love 1

Emma seeing Archie is not okay. At all. And Archie should never agree to treat her as a patient. Archie was complicit in Emma's being sent through the wardrobe alone. He knew Snow could go with her and chose not to tell Snow. He is not removed from the situation and many of Emma's issues stem from her childhood. He cannot give an unbiased assessment of her problems. Does he feel guilty about this? Would he subconsciously minimize Emma's problems to deflect his own blame for what happened to her? Not to mention that he is a friend of her parents and pretty much everyone she knows. He would be a terrible choice of doctor for Emma.

I like the black leather jacket though.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KAOS Agent said:

Emma seeing Archie is not okay. At all. And Archie should never agree to treat her as a patient.

The problem is, he seems to be the only psychiatrist in town, and she's pretty much limited to the town because she couldn't talk honestly about her issues and her situation with any psychiatrist outside of town without finding herself locked up. Imagine if she booked an appointment in Boston and then went on talking about her parents sending her in a tree to another world and then her breaking the curse, but now her parents are the same age she is, and then she became the Dark One, but then to save her boyfriend from dying she made him a Dark One, but then she had to kill him to defeat the Darkness, and when she learned that the former Dark One had siphoned the Darkness into himself, she went to the Underworld to try to save her boyfriend, but she failed, only Zeus ended up saving him, after all, and she's the Savior, which means she never seems to catch a break because she's always having to fight monsters, etc., etc. ... So unless there happens to be someone else in town who got a doctorate from the curse, it's either Archie or nothing.

• Love 2
(edited)

The problem is, he seems to be the only psychiatrist in town

Up until they reveal in Season 8 that Dr. Freud has been in town all along with his friends Galileo (it was Rapunzel who told him to drop the feather and the rock off the Tower of Pisa) and Isaac Newton (it was Regina who dropped an apple on his head).

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

Apparently they have already done some filming at 'Emma's house'

That's because the basement is also The Cave of Wonders, and only the worthy can enter.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I don't understand why some fans still think that Hook and Emma are going to be living together, especially after last season finale. At the pace the writers are moving the relationship, I think season 150 is the answer. Really, looking at Emma's arc this season (a re-do of season 3, with all this Saviors don't get happy endings) there are more chances of her pushing him away (for his own good) that of them living together and doing things like a normal couple.

• Love 1

Except Jmo said they would be doing normal couple things or at least figuring out how that works in Storybrooke. Everything stated by Colin and jmo indicate they will be a couple that that is not an issue.

• Love 1

Emma and Hook "exploring" being a true love couple and "furthering" their relationship will probably amount to how their relationship looked like in 4A. There'll be a few cute moments that last 10 seconds, Emma will become stressed about her role as the Savior and will avoid Hook for a bit, Hook will give her a few episode-ending speeches about how she doesn't have to follow all the other Saviors' fates, and then any drama that has been going on over multiple episodes will be resolved with a 26-second kiss scene that doesn't touch any of the larger issues that happened.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The cynicism is strong and very depressing.

This is what happens when the show gives you a shit finale, and everyone already knows the obvious Evil Queen conclusion to one of the biggest plots going into Season 6.

On a more positive note, Emma and Aladdin are Saviors. Savior mythology. Oded Fehr. Jasmine. New Jolly Roger filming shots. Breathe...

• Love 3

From the Hot Seat interview...

Is Page 23 an untold story?

ADAM HOROWITZ: Page 23, we’ve talked about it before, and it is talked about again, and I think we should leave it at that for now.
EDWARD KITSIS: I would say it’s proof of hope rather than an untold story.

It's talked about again?   Why, if there's no point to it and the explanation makes no sense?

Something that never happened is "hope"?  How hopeful that Robin died, eh?

Is magic itself an entity with its own agenda?

HOROWITZ: Yes, no, and maybe.

Oh boy.

Can Regina only use light magic now?

HOROWITZ: It’s not a simple question to answer, but the splitting of Regina is not as simple as it first appears.

It's not simple because this light magic/dark magic stuff is so undefined.

Will we see the chipped cup again?

KITSIS: Yes.

That's what we were all hoping to hear, I'm sure.

Does the Evil Queen love Henry?

KITSIS: Absolutely.

We need a definition of "love" here.  Because if love is truly pure, I cannot see how evil personified can exhibit it.

Will we see the return of hero Rumple?

KITSIS: Boy, I don’t know.
HOROWITZ: I think we’re going to see hopefully a growth in Rumple that involves him coming to a new place, which we started to see at the end of last season. Whether heroism is involved in that probably is in the eye of the beholder.

In Yo-Yo land, Rumple will see "growth" this season.

• Love 1

KITSIS: It’s the Sayid episode [of Lost]: “Perhaps.”

What does that even mean??

Will we see more of Henry and Violet’s relationship?

Gag

Will there be backstory on Hook’s mother?
KITSIS: Perhaps. Have we not done that?

Kitsis doesn't even know.

Could Emma have more powers than she knows of?
KITSIS: Well, I think we all kind of do. Even me.

Something like putting your foot in your mouth at the most inopportune moment, perhaps?

What a farce?! 

We tend to use the same over and over again.

We know, Eddy. We know ... And it's not just actors you guys recycle. It's plot, ideas ... 

Will we be seeing more Snow and Charming flashbacks from the Enchanted Forest in season 6?

Yawn.

Will Hook find a job this season?
KITSIS: We’ve talked about that!
HOROWITZ: What exactly is Hook qualified for? That is the question that is an untold story.

This is the only thing that looks interesting to me in the Hot Seat interview.

Will there be a wedding this season?
HOROWITZ: Can’t say or maybe or no or yes.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

ADAM HOROWITZ: Page 23, we’ve talked about it before, and it is talked about again, and I think we should leave it at that for now.
EDWARD KITSIS: I would say it’s proof of hope rather than an untold story.

"Please stop asking us about our plot holes. Your questions are pointless."

Will there be a time jump this season?
KITSIS: Not in the beginning.

"You can expect a six-week jump midway through.  We've got 22 episodes of flashbacks, so we have to get them wherever we can."

Will we see some domestic Emma and Hook in their home together?
KITSIS: Uh huh.
HOROWITZ: Maybe.

"Emma said 'I love you' without being in peril. What more do you want? 42 minutes of coffee?"

Is baby Neal going to get some screen time this season?
KITSIS: Probably not.
HOROWITZ: Not a lot. He’s a baby.
KITSIS: He’s like the baby in Party of Five. What do people want to see from Neal?

A&E logic: Make lots of babies, then never show them onscreen again. I know babies aren't super interesting, but if that's the case, maybe they shouldn't have been put into the story in the first place. So. many. times.

Can Regina only use light magic now?
HOROWITZ: It’s not a simple question to answer, but the splitting of Regina is not as simple as it first appears.

"We honestly have no idea yet."

The personification of inner darkness has the capability to love. What? What school of psychology are these writers from?

Will we be seeing more Snow and Charming flashbacks from the Enchanted Forest in season 6?
HOROWITZ: Yeah.

"Well, you see, there's just so much more story from their lives we haven't seen yet."
"In S4, we saw what they did on the way back from their honeymoon. They met the Queens of Darkness."
"Yes. So, the audience has been asking, 'What happened after that? When did Snow get morning sickness? Did Cora secretly visit Snow?'"
"You'll have to tune in September 25 to find out!"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

So, the only things they said "absolutely" to is more Henry/Violet relationship stuff that no one asked for, and the Evil Queen loving Henry 100%. Wow.

Edit: Looks like they also said "absolutely" to Snow and Charming flashbacks, the Evil Queen going after Snow, and the Charming family "working out their issues." I doubt the last one is going to live up to our expectations.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

We need a definition of "love" here.  Because if love is truly pure, I cannot see how evil personified can exhibit it.

If the Evil Queen loves Henry, and Regina's (unsplit) love for him is considered True Love, doesn't that mean EQ wields the strongest magic in existence? 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I'm so excited about Regina and Zelena rising Robin's daughter together and about Henry and Violet. Oh, wait, no, I'm not. Annoyed is the word I was looking for. Or disgusted. 

This interview was such a waste of time. 

15 minutes ago, Curio said:

So, the only things they said "absolutely" to is more Henry/Violet relationship stuff that no one asked for, and the Evil Queen loving Henry 100%. Wow.

I don't even know what to make of this.

I'm not interested in Henry/Violet, but maybe the EQ will kill Violet because she loves Henry so much, and she has blamed Violet for stuff that Henry has done. Like you know, it was totes her idea to run away to NYC and destroy magic. No woman is good enough for her brat!

Of all the spoilers, these are the ones I hate so much.

Edited by YaddaYadda
4 hours ago, Camera One said:

Something that never happened is "hope"?  How hopeful that Robin died, eh?

Right? It's so hopeful that Regina decided to run away from that scene and instead became a murderous, psychopathic ruler who paraded Robin's wife around with a bag over her head, and then Robin ended up dating Regina anyways (and we still don't know if Robin knew about Regina torturing Marian or not) only to be obliterated from existence by Hades. I'd like to pretend Page 23 doesn't exist. I bet A&E do, too.

4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

"Emma said 'I love you' without being in peril. What more do you want? 42 minutes of coffee?"

"You guys want domestic scenes? Psh. No one wants to see Hook fumbling with the popcorn maker." I really wish we were making these quotes up...

4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

A&E logic: Make lots of babies, then never show them onscreen again. I know babies aren't super interesting, but if that's the case, maybe they shouldn't have been put into the story in the first place. So. many. times.

Seriously, what the heck. "Why do you guys want to see baby Neal?" Oh, I don't know...maybe because you wrote him into the show, wrote numerous plots centered around saving him, and then barely addressed his existence after that? I love how the reporter responds by saying, "Because he might have magic because he's a True Love baby like Emma?" And it's like that thought never even crossed A&E's minds. If they're "absolutely" exploring the Charming Family drama like they claim they will, doesn't that involve Neal? Are they afraid of time-jumping too far because they don't want to deal with a toddler-aged Neal, and then there are less excuses for why he's never on screen at that age?

Not that I care at all about baby Neal, but if you write a new character into existence and he's a member of the main family on the show, then I expect to see him around. Lily and August can disappear because they're side players and not direct family members, but Do Over is Emma's brother. Regina's sister gets promoted to a series regular with lots of screen time, but Emma's brother goes to Offscreenville?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Curio said:

If they're "absolutely" exploring the Charming Family drama like they claim they will, doesn't that involve Neal? 

Hey, now! A&E have promised that "There’s some Charming—" We need to trust them on this. ;-)

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, retrograde said:

I for one have no desire to see baby Neal on screen.

I  second that!

Every so often i have a brain fart and think Baby Neal is FuckWitFire aged backwards (because ...well...it IS Storybrooke) which throws out all sorts of truly hideous scenarios.....then my brain rights itself and I remember he's Emma's brother named for her arsehole idiot ex.....and then THAT throws out all sorts of truly hideous scenarios.....

Yes.....stash him daycare with the dodgy nuns and leave him off screen..

• Love 2

Isaac already clarified that Page 23 was just an on-the-side fanfic he wrote up because he liked to explore the "what ifs?" of situations that he recorded.  It didn't actually have any significant meaning.