Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I think CS will get a TLK because it just felt like this season has been building up on them finally having one. Emma and Hook both trying it but both are cursed where one didn't even know it. In Emma's mind she and Hook are true love because she's willing to rip her heart out (that I think the writers forgot can't be done.) but that pedestal thingy might be it. CS are going to beat death. lol That's even bigger than Jack and Kate ending up together in eternity.

• Love 2

May Sweeps Scorecard (Sweeps start April 28th), and that gives us 4 hours of Once (5x20, 5x21, 5x22 and 5x23)

Characters giving birth:  3
Couples having sex, kissing or saying “ILY” for the first time: 4
New pregnancies: 3
Weddings: 3
Couples reuniting: 5
Fatalities: 14
Breakups/divorces: 7
Possible fatalities: 11 (Characters’ whose fate is left up in the air at the end of the season finale)
Characters leaving town: 6
Resurrections and/or big returns: 10
Onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 17
Engagements/question poppings: 2
Time warps/jump: 1
Cliffhangers involving witness protection: 1

I think Once has possibly;

the leaving town with Rumple and possibly Belle

Fatalities with Robin

Resurrection with Killian

Proposal, maybe? with CS

• Love 1
YaddaYadda, on 06 Apr 2016 - 4:37 PM, said:

I think Once has possibly;

the leaving town with Rumple and possibly Belle

Fatalities with Robin

Resurrection with Killian

Proposal, maybe? with CS

Belle could likely give birth, too.

KingOfHearts, on 06 Apr 2016 - 5:25 PM, said:

Emma: "Hey Belle, want some onion rings?"

Well, who knows...

I would just find it odd if they carried the pregnancy over into the next season as it kind of feels like the baby wouldn't matter by then anymore. Of course, if Belle and Rumple end up leaving town, that issue would be solved... But I can't really see A&E giving up the Dark One.

(edited)

Well, who knows...

I would just find it odd if they carried the pregnancy over into the next season as it kind of feels like the baby wouldn't matter by then anymore. Of course, if Belle and Rumple end up leaving town, that issue would be solved... But I can't really see A&E giving up the Dark One.

I think they will. I thought the Zelena accelerated pregnancy was because they really weren't interested in writing anything about it at the end of the day. But this is essentially a Dark One baby. And I'm thinking they will want to start setting up whatever ASAP.

I'm assuming Rumple is staying in NYC because he didn't come back with the others to Storybrooke, and they took his car to get back. Plus he seemed to be helping, so there doesn't seem to be any kind of ill will going on between him and everyone else.

We shall see.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)

Wasn't their some interview about the gang doing whatever it takes to help Belle?

They're going to care about Belle all of a sudden? :P

and the time jump is a possibility.

With A&E? "Three and a half weeks later..."

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

Okay, I'm just going to say this. I hope Hook's doubtful attitude in both this sneak peek and to Henry last episode is due to some sort of Underworld psychology thing, because if not, he's coming off like kind of unhelpful to the people who are trying to rescue him. 

I realize this is a longstanding character trait of his, but in these circumstances, it's not a good look on him. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1

Okay, I'm just going to say this. I hope Hook's doubtful attitude in both this sneak peek and to Henry last episode is due to some sort of Underworld psychology thing, because if not, he's coming off like kind of unhelpful to the people who are trying to rescue him.

I realize this is a longstanding character trait of his, but in these circumstances, it's not a good look on him.

Well...someone had to mouth the exposition and god forbid David gets more than 1 line per scene...besides.. Emma would know they were magical runes and seems like everyone else was there when Regina was drawing them so they probably already knew what they were for.

Besides he's not wrong....PLAN people! Going to confront an angry god...what's the plan? Cos hope and maybes really won't cut it...

Feel so cheated she wasn't in bed having her nightmare *grumble*

Feel so cheated she wasn't in bed having her nightmare *grumble*

At the very least, she could have been asleep leaning against him while he kept watch on the roof. 

• Love 5

Not loving the writing for Killian in the snark department the last episode and from the sneak peek. I can headcannon why he might act that way because of guilt/stress/what have you, but that is not how it's being presented. He's coming across as ungrateful and unnecessarily rude to the people who are risking their lives to save him. Why can't these writers just be better? It's my main thought after I watch anything from the show. lol

• Love 4

I think it would be nice if a CS TLK broke the Treefying-curse on Storybrooke, but I have a feeling the writers will just work around the border curse using some other magic to get people out of Storybrooke for the finale.

I think the writers forgot about our tree-afied dwarf friend. I wonder if anyone is still tossing tacos across the border?

Regarding the newest spoiler, have they shown runes before? I don't recall.

Regarding the newest spoiler, have they shown runes before? I don't recall.

Indirectly ..it was in the scroll Elsa was able to read when it the Sherriff's office and in the book Regina showed Enma when first teaching magic.

Not loving the writing for Killian in the snark department the last episode and from the sneak peek. I can headcannon why he might act that way because of guilt/stress/what have you, but that is not how it's being presented. He's coming across as ungrateful and unnecessarily rude to the people who are risking their lives to save him. Why can't these writers just be better? It's my main thought after I watch anything from the show. lol

I liked Hook's sass in the last episode (especially his burn insulting Henry's writing, because fuck you Henry), but the sass in the sneak peek is classic OUAT the-writer-thought-it-was-a-funny-line-but-didn't-think-about-the-characterization-impact. We know Killian likes research and is fairly intelligent with a large vocabulary, so there's no way in hell the Underworld he doesn't know what those symbols are, and calling them "squiggly lines" becomes out of character. But he has a point...these idiots risked all of their lives to come to the Underworld and they don't even have an exit plan. The difference between Killian empathetically comforting Emma from a nightmare on the roof and him dealing with the others in the library is glaring.

• Love 3

But he has a point...these idiots risked all of their lives to come to the Underworld and they don't even have an exit plan. The difference between Killian empathetically comforting Emma from a nightmare on the roof and him dealing with the others in the library is glaring.

Killian does get cranky when Emma is in danger. ...much rather the snark than the ansgt..
  • Love 2

I didn't have a problem with the sneak peek. Hook's "squiggly lines" comment was similar to his "sparkly dirt" remark from season 2. I'd call those runes squiggly lines too, because that's what they are (it doesn't mean his intelligence has suddenly taken a blow, either). He gets cranky when things aren't moving too fast, etc.

*shrugs*

• Love 1
(edited)

Impatient snarky lines are one thing, but pessimistic ones are another, and Hook's increase in them, even if understandable given what he's been through, is annoying. It's the same trap the writing for Regina so frequently falls into: "sass" that is far more grating than it is funny.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2

Everyone liked Rumple's "all 45 of you" sass, but "squiggly lines" and "that's a lot of hopefully's and maybe's" crosses the line? It's not like he's calling Emma stupid.

• Love 3

This is probably what Colin was talking about in the change of Hooks personality. He did seem cranky at first when Emma refused to sleep but he got worse with Regina and the swuigly lines. lol Also in the last episode during a scene where Snow talked about Baby Graham, Hook looked guilty as hell.

Eh, Hook's right. They suck at planning. They need to go hang around some convenient shelves and wait for something to fall off, but they'll need to wait for a few more weeks before that happens. Maybe he just annoyed because he wants to take his girlfriend home and let her have a nap in a real bed instead of uncomfortably leaning against the wall in the cold.

• Love 3

I think the writers were annoyed we complained about Regina being a rude bitch all the time, so they decided in their passive-aggressive, can't-take-valid-criticism way to give Hook rude lines. Because that'll show us!

• Love 1

Can someone burn that hat Regina's wearing? It looks awful. Sorry Regina, you can't pull off that style like your sister can.

Yay for Hook having a blade/sword again! I wonder where he picked it up at. It looks like a smaller blade.

• Love 4
(edited)

I liked Hook's sass in the last episode (especially his burn insulting Henry's writing, because fuck you Henry), but the sass in the sneak peek is classic OUAT the-writer-thought-it-was-a-funny-line-but-didn't-think-about-the-characterization-impact. We know Killian likes research and is fairly intelligent with a large vocabulary, so there's no way in hell the Underworld he doesn't know what those symbols are, and calling them "squiggly lines" becomes out of character. But he has a point...these idiots risked all of their lives to come to the Underworld and they don't even have an exit plan. The difference between Killian empathetically comforting Emma from a nightmare on the roof and him dealing with the others in the library is glaring.

They don't have a plan of exit, and they don't even have a plan regarding him either, unless they're counting on Henry's Author skills to do that for them.

Also, he called those squiggly lines hieroglyphs back in 4x06 after they broke into Ingrid's ice cream truck and found her scroll with Emma's drawings. Elsa back at the sheriff's station is the one who translated that for them. So it's not the first time he calls runes something else. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
(edited)

The difference in how happy and smiley Belle looks in some of those pics with Gaston versus how unhappy and agitated she looks in the pics with the other guy is astounding. These writers ain't shit.

Edited by Geeni

Ugh, next two weeks sound like a major snooze fest and knowing what is coming in 5.19 even without a press release, wake me up when we get to episode 5.20.  

I don't care about Belle and her past.  I don't care about Dorothy and Oz people planning how to handle Zelena.  I seriously cannot imagine who in the writers room says, "Hey, since we're in the middle of an arc about rescuing Hook from the Underworld and the lengths to which True Love will journey, I bet everyone is dying to know what's happening in Oz!  We better devote some episodes to that.  It will tie everything together!"  Do you know when I would have cared about that?  Season 3B.  Three episodes in a row where Hook, Emma, and even Regina are essentially afterthoughts, until we get to 5.19 when Regina takes center stage again. And then we get Merida in 22?  This is a long stretch of episodes to get through to the CS kiss. 

Well..not all of us are on the edge of our seats waiting for those two to kiss (havent they already anyway?) etc. . However, I do agree with you that this is disjointed as usual and the whole UW is being dragged out far too long. How about 4 of 5 epiodes of the gang in the UW, they save Mascara Boy the two Twu Wuv kiss and then they get out.which "then" would somehow lead to Oz, which then lasts four of five episodes which then leads to something else. Everything coming up again seems too much like they are again throwing the kitchen sink in.

Merida is back??? They had so much positive response on her???I hope someone ties her to Emma's bug again. I DO like the idea of a Ruby/Dorothy thing, and that would make sense that she is chased out of Kansas because of being gay.  Are they ever going to explain how Dorothy got back, or how Zelena got to Storybrooke, or how Zelena originallly got to the EF when everyone was gone or how Flying Monkeys exist in New York or...they need to just have a whole episode of the two producers explaining all their plot holes.

• Love 1

The difference in how happy and smiley Belle looks in some of those pics with Gaston versus how unhappy and agitated she looks in the pics with the other guy is astounding. These writers ain't shit.

With Gaston, she doesn't really have a care in the world, whereas with Rumple, her few days old pregnancy is being threatened, and her child to be is threatened. 

I wonder though if this thing with Gaston isn't to reinforce to Belle that what Rumple said to her is true.

Eh, Hook's right. They suck at planning. They need to go hang around some convenient shelves and wait for something to fall off, but they'll need to wait for a few more weeks before that happens. Maybe he just annoyed because he wants to take his girlfriend home and let her have a nap in a real bed instead of uncomfortably leaning against the wall in the cold.

Maybe they should start looking under all the lampshades in town for the way out, atleast they could hangout more at Granny's, there's a lot of lights there.

I find it hard to believe that we're supposed to believe that Emma hasn't slept in 2 months.  She didn't need to while the DO, but does that carry over now too?  I noticed Hook wasn't sleeping either, but that might be because he's dead.  In fact, why are they inhabitants of Underbrooke seemingly sleeping?

Why also is no one questioning where Rumple is?

(edited)

OMG, I keep forgetting about Robin. That poor guy is probably off in the forest taking care of his daughter. I hope he's keeping a careful watch on the Blind Witch when he goes into town to pick up baby formula and diapers.

Was Belle in the Sneak Peek?

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Robin is also conspicuously missing again.

But they said where Robin was going last episode. He's in the woods taking care of the baby.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him until 5x19.

But they said where Robin was going last episode. He's in the woods taking care of the baby.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him until 5x19.

Wow, I thought "going to the forest" was just a temporary plan for that episode. I didn't realize that Robin and Pistachio chilling in the forest for days on end was their actual long-term plan. No wonder the guy bites the dust.

(edited)

Wow, I thought "going to the forest" was just a temporary plan for that episode. I didn't realize that Robin and Pistachio chilling in the forest for days on end was their actual long-term plan. No wonder the guy bites the dust.

That's how I took it when he said that it was the only place he ever felt at home, and the best way to protect her. 

It doesn't even look like he gets all that much to do before he dies either. I mean 5x19, he's there for sure because we have the BTS. But 5x20 is an Emma episode, and from the night shoot in Steveston, he's not there with the others. 5x21, we have him reuniting with Roland, and then that's about it.

I know they film a lot in studio, but they're not setting up any kind of story for him. It will be, he's dead, and that's the end of that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

I wonder if Robin's remark about only feeling at home in the forest was meant to subtly reveal that he wasn't entirely happy in Storybrooke, living in the Mayor's mansion. Sort of make it easier for Regina to let him go when he dies and asks her not to bring him back. I do think he gets a sacrificial death trying to save his daughter from Hades or something like that.

I wonder if Robin's remark about only feeling at home in the forest was meant to subtly reveal that he wasn't entirely happy in Storybrooke, living in the Mayor's mansion. 

Responding in the relationships thread.

I think my thoughts from the sneak were a little too mixed with past episodes stuff and spec stuff and I don't know where it should go. haha But I will say, concerning the sneak peek, it's not so much his sass in that one scene, it's that I hope this is not a continued trend. I get that it was mostly exposition, but that could have been done by saying something to the effect of: "So these squiggly lines are going to get us through the door?" Something like that. Wouldn't he have already had some idea about what they were doing? I don't want to see him continue to be sassy in this context (unless it's more warranted in the case of dumb mistakes, ect.) because I believe it will start to make him come across as ungrateful/rude. I don't think he has been so far. Fingers crossed I kept this on topic enough. 

Wouldn't he have already had some idea about what they were doing?

Based on his reaction, I honestly don't think he did. This all probably happens in Offscreenville: "Hey Hook and Emma, go on top of the freezing cold roof and keep watch for any of Hades's minions." "And what are you guys going to do in the library all night?" "We're going to come up with an awesome plan to get back to Storybrooke." "Okay, want to fill us in on what that plan is?" "Well, Regina thinks she might have a vague idea, but it's going to take a few hours to complete, so leave that to us and go stand guard." 

• Love 2
(edited)

Based on his reaction, I honestly don't think he did. This all probably happens in Offscreenville: "Hey Hook and Emma, go on top of the freezing cold roof and keep watch for any of Hades's minions." "And what are you guys going to do in the library all night?" "We're going to come up with an awesome plan to get back to Storybrooke." "Okay, want to fill us in on what that plan is?" "Well, Regina thinks she might have a vague idea, but it's going to take a few hours to complete, so leave that to us and go stand guard." 

My thoughts exactly. He and Emma have been up on the roof for who knows how long, looking out for who knows what. Emma's freezing, and when she finally gets some shut-eye, she has a bad dream. He's probably at least hoping they come up with some solid, tactical plan for taking Hades down.

When he sees the door, he's probably thinking, "Oh god, please say that's not another portal."

Edited by ABitOFluff
  • Love 1

Will this be their first night since Emma MURDEREE Hook? If so then I can see why he said she haven't slept in two months. They spent six weeks in Camelot and a week probably in Storybrook so I say he's about right

With how Emma and Regina went straight to work on the door it would make sense that everyone had a general idea about the plan, but with these writers things often do not make sense. lol

I think they have a general idea, I don't think he's expecting to see runes scribbled all over the place though.

Plus we don't know whether he's even on board with the plan at all. I mean they could have discussed it, and he might have said, no, it's not that great an idea, and got vetoed on it.

Plus they also thought they had the drop on Hades in 5x15, and that did not go super well.

I wonder if they're not going to get back the pages that Liam tore out of the book, because they're pretty much the only weapon they have against him at this point.

The man was forced into being the Dark One, then killed by the woman who put him there, who by the way he deeply loved, then he was brutally pummeled, tortured

and bloodied to a pulp by a shithead with flaming blue hair, then lost his brother AGAIN and...oh, yeah...he is dead.

He can act however the fuck he wants :)

Heh.

• Love 6
(edited)

Heh.

For a while.

(Because occasional snark and sarcasm are definitely interesting and warrented, but, well, it's annoying to see any of the characters reduced to mostly that.)

:)

ETA:

Curio's theory below makes  a lot of sense.

So his behavior in the sneak peek seems to match Will's personality from Wonderland when he was heartless. I think we're going to see this kind of behavior until he's officially not dead again in Storybrooke.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

The man was forced into being the Dark One, then killed by the woman who put him there, who by the way he deeply loved, then he was brutally pummeled, tortured

and bloodied to a pulp by a shithead with flaming blue hair, then lost his brother AGAIN and...oh, yeah...he is dead.

Heh.

I understand that, but this show does not really address emotion fallout or revisit emotional conflict in a timely or realistic way (if they do it at all). So if Killian is written as if he's fine and there are no conversations/visual cues/indications through dialogue that he's feeling guilty or struggling then he's going to start sounding like an ass if they continue with the snark a la the sneak peek. That's all I'm saying. Not that it will for sure happen, but after the sneak peek I felt like they might go that way. My worry/critique or whatever is of the writing, not the character, but since I am referencing the sneak peek it's here. 

• Love 1