Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm excited we're going to see a LOT of the Evil Queen in Season 5!

I was expecting to see a lot of Regina in 5B, but I kinda hoped we were over the relentless Evil Queen flashbacks. Apparently not. I see I'll have to prepare myself to see even more innocent people having their heart crushed by the Biggest Victim Ever. 

I'm expecting Hook to turn away from the darkness, 5x10, during his fight with Gold. The deck of the JR is where it all started, the scene in 5x10 was set up during 5x03 when he called himself the villain of that story.

Good point--Rumple and Hook have managed to accumulate a ton of bad blood in Storybrooke, but it all started there. However, I'm not sure that Hook will stop himself from offing Rumple. Regina/Emma may play a role in stopping him. I would love it if Emma talks Hook down from killing Rumple the way he talked her down from offing Merida.

Edited by Rumsy4
Good point--Rumple and Hook have managed to accumulate a ton of bad blood in Storybrooke, but it all started there. However, I'm not sure that Hook will stop himself from offing Rumple. Regina/Emma may play a role in stopping him. I would love it if Emma talks Hook down from killing Rumple the way he talked her down from offing Merida.

Rumple might be the one who manages to talk him down. I'm actually more inclined to think that's what it is. 

If the person you've considered your enemy for a really long time manages to talk you down from killing him, that means that Hook who has changed so much has stirred inside.

• Love 2

Rumple might be the one who manages to talk him down. I'm actually more inclined to think that's what it is.

That is my speculation as well. I'd love to see it. We did see Rumple trying to convince Emma to let him go. I imagine he'll use the same tactics on Dark Hook with more success. Hook has already admitted to being the villain in their first meeting. He may still feel some guilt for that, and this Rumple will be more like that original one that Hook victimized. Edited by OnceUponAJen

I'm not sure how to interpret that. It sounds like there's more to it than just flashbacks, but this is Lana talking. If Regina went total psycho and reverted to the Evil Queen long-term, I'd watch with popcorn.

Well, we are going to have Cora in 5B and they're going to the Underworld. I can actually see Regina going evil or at least bad ass after she confronts her mother and travels around her kind of people in the Underworld. And I frankly wouldn't mind seeing that.

• Love 3

That is my speculation as well. I'd love to see it. We did see Rumple trying to convince Emma to let him go. I imagine he'll use the same tactics on Dark Hook with more success.

Yup. Basically a complete replay of 2x04, Rumple even though he's a hero (and I still side eye the hell out of the way it was done) is still the weaker one. But this one, his pleading might work since it didn't work the first time.

Well, we are going to have Cora in 5B and they're going to the Underworld. I can actually see Regina going evil or at least bad ass after she confronts her mother and travels around her kind of people in the Underworld. And I frankly wouldn't mind seeing that.

Cora is really good at twisting Regina around. First she sets her on the path to revenge by killing Daniel. Then later when she returns, Regina totally reverts her redemption to side with her. And finally, one piece of life-changing advice she gave completed Regina's quest for happiness. So yeah, I could see Regina changing if Cora is in the mix. Wouldn't it be awesome if Zelena went all Wicked Witch and the two sisters took her on?

So, which secret are Regina and Hook suddenly sharing?

Regina and Hook always seemed like just acquaintances to me. The fact they share secrets and have gone on more adventures with each other reeks of retcon. (Oh and apparently Regina is the only person who has met Hook's dad from the cast. Glad to know that information was kept on the down-low this whole time...)

Edited by KingOfHearts

Between now and the end of the mid-season finale (airing Dec. 6), expect to lay witness to a new piece of Regina’s of past — and in turn learn that she shares a secret with another major character, one that will reverberate into the present.

See, this is what I didn't want. I don't random retcon secret #1622727, because it's completely inorganic. Just like the egg-napping.

Especially if it involves Hook.

And knowing our luck, it'll involve Papa Jones some how. Which is also what I didn't want. I don't want present day Regina anywhere near the Papa Jones drama.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 4

^ not happy. At all. If she knows who Papa Hook is, then I think I may seriously quit this show. She and Hook have spent how many seasons interacting, and she's just now going to acknowledge it? Bull crap.

That better not be the case.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I'm not sure how to interpret that. It sounds like there's more to it than just flashbacks, but this is Lana talking. If Regina went total psycho and reverted to the Evil Queen long-term, I'd watch with popcorn.

I agree that current Regina reverting to full Evil Queen would be more interesting than watching Regina decapitate someone and then sob because his family glared at her, but without major magical shenanigans, how can they justify it?

She's got Henry, Robin, Roland, the Charmings.  Plus, whatever her faults, Regina's had absolutely no problems whatsoever claiming nonbiological children as her own, so even Baby Green is a plus.  She seems to enjoy controlling and one-upping her sister, so what possible non-cursed motive could they reasonably give her?

She seems to enjoy controlling and one-upping her sister, so what possible non-cursed motive could they reasonably give her?

They could take away her control and her power. Honestly, that's what needs to be done anyway since she's repeatedly talked about how the power she derives from magic is what kept her in the dark. If she's threatened with its loss, I can see the Evil Queen returning. There may be more to the threads of Regina telling Emma about how she knows how seductive the power is. Emma rejected it, Regina still clings to it. If they want a 5B redemption furtherance for Regina, making her sink deep into dependence on the power and then having to choose to give it up would work. It bookends two former villains' struggles with the Darkness. And perhaps in the end, Emma ultimately takes on the Darkness because she's the one who is strong enough to reject its pull and contain it. You could even make Regina losing her power a condition of leaving the Underworld. 

Edited by KAOS Agent

That would be a cool way to resolve the Hook/Rumple fued. If Hook ends up sparing Rumple, that may explain why Rumple tags along to the UW for the SaveHook mission. He may think it's a debt he owes him or something.

I'd like it if something imp!Rumple says is what unintentionally stops Hook in his tracks. Nimue overplayed her hand when she was trying to get Emma to kill Merlin by telling Emma she was nothing. Clippy!Rumple might do the same thing by telling Hook he's just like him now. I don't see Hook reacting well to that. Even at his worst and most self-loathing point, he still thought himself better than Rumple.

I am almost convinced the Gold/Hook duel is what turns Hook around, but then who sets the Dark Ones loose in Storybrooke? Maybe Hook does it accidentally or sets it in motion before he changes his mind, which is a little too much like Season 2 Regina and the failsafe for me. Or maybe Hook plans to get rid of the darkness altogether and the loose Dark Ones play into that, but he doesn't let Emma know because he knows she'll stop him from causing his own death. Double-crossing an ally with similar goals but more brutal methods is definitely in Hook's wheelhouse, especially given how upset he is by what Emma did to him. 

• Love 2

They could take away her control and her power. Honestly, that's what needs to be done anyway since she's repeatedly talked about how the power she derives from magic is what kept her in the dark. If she's threatened with its loss, I can see the Evil Queen returning. There may be more to the threads of Regina telling Emma about how she knows how seductive the power is. Emma rejected it, Regina still clings to it. If they want a 5B redemption furtherance for Regina, making her sink deep into dependence on the power and then having to choose to give it up would work. It bookends two former villains' struggles with the Darkness. And perhaps in the end, Emma ultimately takes on the Darkness because she's the one who is strong enough to reject its pull and contain it. You could even make Regina losing her power a condition of leaving the Underworld. 

True.

But that would require a previously undemonstrated ability to understand that Regina does have serious power, pride, and control issues that are problematic.  They've done better than I expected with 5A, but that's a pretty low bar.  No one could limbo under it, and a miniature pot-bellied pig could probably jump over it.

Could TS, TW actually write that storyline for Regina and Emma?

See, this is what I didn't want. I don't random retcon secret #1622727, because it's completely inorganic. Just like the egg-napping.

Especially if it involves Hook.

And knowing our luck, it'll involve Papa Jones some how. Which is also what I didn't want. I don't want present day Regina anywhere near the Papa Jones drama.

I do because yes to more confirmations that Papa Jones is gonna be a very big character going forward in 5B. I'm all for everything and this is just banking more and more that 5B is gonna be centered on reuniting Emma with her one true love as ABC so beauitfully put in the new promo.

I expect lots of Hook and I can't wait for 5B.

This is the Captain Swan season.

Maybe Hook does it accidentally or sets it in motion before he changes his mind

Maybe that's the only way to destroy the darkness once and for all? You have everyone there, under the same roof, and you take them down one by one.

• Love 5

I do because yes to more confirmations that Papa Jones is gonna be a very big character going forward in 5B. I'm all for everything and this is just banking more and more that 5B is gonna be centered on reuniting Emma with her one true love as ABC so beauitfully put in the new promo.

I expect lots of Hook and I can't wait for 5B.

This is the Captain Swan season.

I want Papa Jones to be a big character too. I just don't want to take the chance that he or his and Hook's story line might get ruined by Regina getting inserted into their plot.

*sighs* I guess I'll just have to buy a crap load of tables to flip and prepare for the worst.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

I'm so tired of the promo monkeys using the phrase "good vs. evil" for every single season.

in the same promo they have 'Hero gone dark' and 'Good' both with Emma on screen. .

and what's with the big battle scene?? Did Killian raise

himself an army ? Who's fighting who??

in the same promo they have 'Hero gone dark' and 'Good' both with Emma on screen. .

and what's with the big battle scene?? Did Killian raise

himself an army ? Who's fighting who??

The battle scene is from 5x09, The Bear King.

I'd like it if something imp!Rumple says is what unintentionally stops Hook in his tracks.

All it would take is throwing the word "coward" in Hook's face to make him do a heel-face turn.

I find it weird that Clippy!Rumple is... well, Hook's Clippy. Why would Hook listen to Rumple? Why can't we have Clippy!Merlin? :(

1) I'm not convinced Merlin was ever an official "Dark One," even when he was being controlled by Arthur. 2) How can you not be on board with Sparkly Rumple mentally tormenting Hook mercilessly? Hook won't be listening to Rumple in his head, he'll be scratching at his eyeballs trying to get the visual of him out of his mind and his ears will be bleeding from the constant taunting. It won't take long for Hook to go full dark just to make his head Rumple shut up.

Ugh, I hate Regina. I have a feeling she's going to highjack what should be a Captain Swan story. Instead of Emma/Hook having moments it'll be Regina and Hook.

I've waited seasons to get Hook and Regina moments so I'm all for it, especially if it leads to Regina helping Emma save Hook from the UW. That'll really stick it to the SQ bigots.

Ugh, I hate Regina. I have a feeling she's going to highjack what should be a Captain Swan story. Instead of Emma/Hook having moments it'll be Regina and Hook.

ack..please don't send THAT out into the universe ..!

I've waited seasons to get Hook and Regina moments so I'm all for it, especially if it leads to Regina helping Emma save Hook from the UW. That'll really stick it to the SQ bigots.

the promo calls Killian Emma's 1True Love..*smirk*...so they'll be chewing on that one awhile. Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 4

If Hook is seeing Clippy Rump then does that mean the darkness took over him? Doesn't that mean the light is winning at the moment?

ETA: Oop at ABC continuing their trolling with that promo. "Her one true love" must sting.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 3

If Hook is seeing Clippy Rump then does that mean the darkness took over him? Doesn't that mean the light is winning at the moment?

supposedly it means he hasn't embraced the Darkness but my guess this is immediately after he steps off the platform and gets confronted by ...Rumple..

Yeah but doesn't Hook still see Rumple in present time as well? Emma changed outfits because the darkness took over a bit after she saved Hook but now both are basically seeing Rumple which means the light is still winning.

I'm confuzzled.

Yeah but doesn't Hook still see Rumple in present time as well? Emma changed outfits because the darkness took over a bit after she saved Hook but now both are basically seeing Rumple which means the light is still winning.

I'm confuzzled.

Earworm Rumple appears to be present when Killian and Gold are fighting on the ship..

you are correct. ..neither can have fully embraced the Darkness if they are seeing him..but they may change the rules on us.....!

• Love 1

I'm more okay with Hook/Regina stuff in the present...it's just her being inserted into his past that bugs me. It's unecessary. There's a pretty narrow window of time they could have interacted, if they have some big secret together then it's going to end up being completely inorganic. And I don't want her near Papa Jones (in the past). The past stuff just seems like it's getting shoe-horned in.

• Love 1

I'm more okay with Hook/Regina stuff in the present...it's just her being inserted into his past that bugs me. It's unecessary. There's a pretty narrow window of time they could have interacted, if they have some big secret together then it's going to end up being completely inorganic. And I don't want her near Papa Jones (in the past). The past stuff just seems like it's getting shoe-horned in.

I don't think it's Regina as much as its just more retconning. You're not going to go back to S2 with this new information then see it in a new light. You're going to go back and say, "Why was this never touched on in x scene?" And since Regina doesn't exactly relate to Hook's father, or Hook in general besides their interactions in 2x09, it does seem like a shoehorn. And believe me, like most of 5A... it will be.

My bet is that Hook and Regina did something with the Underworld that had to do with Papa Hook. Now they're going to pay for whatever happened in the past in the present. Maybe this is where Regina discovered how to do a seance? (I'm still a bit unnerved that 3x18 could possibly hold any relevance to anything. It's like August mentioning the Dragon in Hong Kong... I don't like being reminded of these bad episodes. *shivers*)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Wild speculation ahead: Maybe Regina will meet Papa Hook in the flashback and she finds out in the last scene of the flashback that he's connected to the Underworld. Then in present day Emma will have her beer phone call with Hook but it gets disconnected because Merida spilled all that extra ale when she was talking to her dad. Emma will be sad and talk to her best buddy Regina about it and Regina will be all "well why don't you just try to contact his father?" or something. Cue Emma's patented WTF face. Then we'll get a scene of Hook meeting his dad in the Underworld followed by a scene of Emma announcing she's going to get her pirate back.

What if when they all get to the Underworld, Papa Hook, who has only met Regina and who only knows that his son's love is coming for him, thinks Regina is Hook's love? Okay, I am getting a bit carried away now.

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1

Does it look like Hook is holding a heart in the promo? I had to slow that mess down and saw a red glow on his face.

It's possible. A&E probably think that it is "a cool twist" to have him crush a heart. But, if they really do it, if they really have him crush someone's heart, or even just take it, it would be just another proof of how little they are thinking about Hook and his character development and redemption while writing this storyline. After what happened with Milah and with himself last season, he knows first hand what it feels, so, after the darkness is gone, there is no way he is coming back from that.

• Love 5

Who is on the ground behind Regina in Storybrooke in the promo?

Wouldn't Dark Hook hate himself more than anyone? He's been trying to kill the Dark One for centuries.

I think that's Robin, and I think that scene was in 5x02.

The problem with all of this is that the more they add on to the Dark One "mythology", the more confused I get.  When the darkness is inside of you, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

• Love 3
I think that's Robin, and I think that scene was in 5x02.

Yes , the fireball scene and the nightime corona effect scene are from 5x02 (tthe fireball is Regina tossing one at the Fury and the corona effect is from the Fury fighting back at night while waiting for Charon to show up).

Most of the promo is recycled - Regina incredulous about Hook being turned into a Dark One is one of the few new clips. Hopefully, we'll get lots of promo stuff early this week since everything is going to pretty much shut down on Thursday.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

So Hook does kill Merlin in Camelot because he wasn't strong enough to face Nimue. It almost feels like the writing is telling us Emma should've let him die since he did tell her he wasn't as strong and she and Merlin are. This is more messed up then we all thought.

Hooks going to hate himself after this. This also makes me think Rumple convinces him not to kill him.

ETA: this is all of course if he does kill Merlin. lol

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

This is originally from ABC Advisory

Hook kills Merlin to set the curse, and Emma erases everyone's memories in an attempt to fix the situation.

Hook is behind the curse. And since the person Hook loves the most isn't Merlin, then I'm assuming Hook wasn't fully in control of anything? Otherwise, what? Another loophole with the curse? Cast with the heart of the person you hate the most?

I'm guessing Hook not being a fan of Merlin's to start is exacerbated by the darkness.