Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Congrats! We all need some good theories (even the wack-a-doodle ones) in these dark times. I wonder if I built a shrine and offered my soul up to Regina, that Hook's story arc will maybe be spared great character-assassinating tragedy.

I wish they'd give us the press release already. Although it could end up making me rage or calm my soul a bit.

If Either Lancelot or Grumpy don't show up in the next episode, it'll be hard not to bark at Adam on twitter.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

i think Lance is dead ....and I think DO Killian killed him...no heart crushing for the curse...just killed him. Likely Killian wants to hurt Arthur and goes after Guinevere to kill her in front of him...because it's a throwback to his losing Milah and Lance tries to protect her. Killian might even throw some cruel line about doing him a favor because love only brings endless torment

. At least this gives Lance a hero's death rather than getting knocked off by Cora for plot purposes or having poor Guin rip his heart out for a curse (which is where my head was at the start of this season)

the whole thing makes me sick to my stomach but maybe we'll get an epic sword fight out of it...

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 3
i think Lance is dead ....and I think DO Killian killed him

Killian kills Lancelot and then Merlin? He's not only a jerk, he is racist too. He can kill Sidney when he gets back to SB and that's why Sidney is returning in the Underworld episode. He should be running around in a white cloak. 

This is so not going to end well. Any chance Dark One Hook is like evil Eva and he just runs around tripping delivery people and telling people the truth? "That's right Regina, it is evil to burn villages. Snow, spend some time worrying about your daughter. And Grannie...your lasagne sucks in any realm." Quick, somebody cast a curse to stop him!

• Love 1

Killian kills Lancelot and then Merlin? He's not only a jerk, he is racist too.

!

..now ..you see the issue of race never even enters my mind . All I see is a noble knight, a good man who swore to protect Camelot who would defend Guin with his life and newly minted DO out to cause pain to the jerk that cut him with a sword and whoever is in the way of revenge driven DO will be seen as an obstacle to get past. Obstacle could be pink, blue, green or black, human , non human...all DO wants is obstacle out of way.

I might add that i much prefer your version of evil Hook being like Eva. ..

Edited by PixiePaws1

So, Hook serial killer then?

I think some of you guys are selling the character short. He might do something very stupid, but I don't think he'll start murdering people left and right just for the shits and giggles. And I get it's these writers, but still, I'm just gonna go ahead and give them a bit more credit here.

I think after he's done throwing a tantrum, he will come to his senses. I'm convinced he and Emma work together on whatever in Camelot. I think the will likely cast the curse together, and he knows his memories will be gone. 

If she crushed his heart for the curse, she's not doing it without his permission and say so. And yeah, I know what she did to keep him alive.

• Love 3

I think at most, Darth killy might take out one person. Or maybe he'll turn Merlin back into a tree and everyone will decide that that's for the best.

Maybe he trapped Merlin in that snow globe? But I guess we'll see if they completely axe that plot. Otherwise, Hook's got a random snow globe in his pocket.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

So, Hook serial killer then?

I think some of you guys are selling the character short. He might do something very stupid, but I don't think he'll start murdering people left and right just for the shits and giggles. And I get it's these writers, but still, I'm just gonna go ahead and give them a bit more credit here.

I think after he's done throwing a tantrum, he will come to his senses. I'm convinced he and Emma work together on whatever in Camelot. I think the will likely cast the curse together, and he knows his memories will be gone.

....squinted at sideways Pirate Hook could be construed as a serial killer...one shipload of crew after another.

but...no ..not what i am saying. Killing Lance might be what does bring him to his senses. I hope he didn't. .i like the idea of him helping the Camelot people after Arthur is deposed. .and we know Arthur is alive so Killian either never got to him or he turned away from revenge on him (if he ever went after him at all).

I just have this feeling that Lance is dead and DO off the rails (however short a time that was) was the culprit. Lance dying while protecting Guin or Merlin makes the most sense to me.

Ok, but why is Lancelot even an issue? Merlin being killed? Sure, I can see that, because Merlin is on his own path. Merlin is working with everyone without really working with anyone. He has his own plans, he was holding the cards because he sees the future, or sort of sees the future, now he's not holding anything. 

He lost control of the situation.

Hook has done things in his past, we know he killed at least 3 people, people the writers actually bothered giving a name to.

I just don't get how Lancelot is suddenly popping up after having been a completely non issue, and very irrelevant. The only plot he advanced was the sands of Avalon which became a non plot because Emma was onto Arthur.

I'm cross me arms over my chest, and sit stubbornly in my corner.

ETA - 

Emma seems to have chosen who to bring over with her for this curse. Merida was all the way in DunBroch, and she brought her to Storybrooke, and when she asked about her brothers, Emma told her they were safe and sound by their mother's side back home. 

Maybe she decided she had no use for Lancelot. I get her, he's boring.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Moving on to less depressing things, I'm very disappointed that they appear to be going back to the flashback centric stories of the past. I want the characters to be separated from their various cheerleaders and forced to work on ways to get back to each other. This would involve Regina working through her issues with Cora, Rumpel dealing with Pan, Snow dealing with Evil!Eva (kidding, I don't know who she'd work with), David with his brother James, Robin doing whatever (maybe Marian is back to smack him upside the head) and Henry can just go sit in Hell's waiting room. I'd love an Emma/Liam team up to try to track down Hook. All this while Hades and his cronies like Cruella throw obstacles in their way.

..now ..you see the issue of race never even enters my mind . All I see is a noble knight, a good man who swore to protect Camelot who would defend Guin with his life and newly minted DO out to cause pain to the jerk that cut him with a sword and whoever is in the way of revenge driven DO will be seen as an obstacle to get past. Obstacle could be pink, blue, green or black, human , non human...all DO wants is obstacle out of way.

I agree that is how Killian will think, but there is a tendency to kill POC in television and movies. Especially, to kill them first. So, it is a bit of a sensitive topic for industry watchers. On a show that already under-represents minorities, to have one of its characters kill the only two current African-Americans on the show in the same episode? It is  going to get noticed. 

It even has it's own trope description: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackDudeDiesFirst

. I'd love an Emma/Liam team up to try to track down Hook. All this while Hades and his cronies like Cruella throw obstacles in their way.

OMG...YES! !!! I would give up chocolate for a week for this...and for the Emma/Killian/Liam roadtrip from Hell (ha...!) ..and all the embarrassing baby Killian stories Liam has to share. ..seriously want this now!

• Love 4

Moving on to less depressing things, I'm very disappointed that they appear to be going back to the flashback centric stories of the past. I want the characters to be separated from their various cheerleaders and forced to work on ways to get back to each other. 

I still have hope that some of the "flashbacks" will be interactive in a way, with various current characters viewing things their past selves did but unable to change the outcome. IDK if I'm explaining this well.

Hell yes to an Emma/Liam teamup and I'd like to see a Snow/James teamup. 

I still have hope that some of the "flashbacks" will be interactive in a way, with various current characters viewing things their past selves did but unable to change the outcome. IDK if I'm explaining this well.

I would buy that except it seems like Snow & Regina flashbacks in the Snow-centric. I could see this being really interesting if it was a Regina-centric where she gains some sort of self-awareness Ebenezer Scrooge-style, but this looks more like random flashbacks for the characters rather than using them creatively to encourage character growth. Maybe we need some better spoilers to give us an idea of the function of flashbacks in 5B.

Edited by KAOS Agent

Yes, it looks like that one at least is a true flashback that will be used to explain Snow's connection with Hercules. I am sure we will get at least 3 or 4 flashbacks for the new characters, the same way we have for the new characters in 5A, but the other flashbacks can still be something different. Barring the upcoming Regina/Hook flashback, we actually haven't had any straight-up flashbacks for the main cast in 5A (except for the brief young Emma scene). They've all just been used for either new characters or to utilize the split Camelot timeline.

I know, I might be able to tolerate it if it's just the flashback. I'm more worried about possible present day stuff, because present day Regina is a black hole. And I'd rather she not be involved in any of the Jones men drama.

So this means that Hook and him probaby meet but don't recognize each other?

And if he hasn't worked with JMo yet, then that seems to point to him not being the boat ferryman due to that pic of emma in the boat. Unless they hijacked it or something.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Twins! Eep! I used to help babysit my friends' twins so my friends could do stuff like get a shower or a nap. It's amazing how well they could entertain each other, even as infants. If one started fussing, I just made sure she could see the other, and then she'd be fascinated by the fact that there was another baby. Good luck!

You know, extrapolating based on what we know would be a lot easier if they were ever consistent about characterization. For instance, if Snow were at all the way the writers talk about her in her relationship to Emma, we could take the fact that Snow seems to be along for the Underworld rescue mission as a good sign because would she really be up for that if Hook had been pure evil and caused real harm? But from what we've seen of Snow before, she could just as well be going along with the hope of being able to save Neal from the Underworld instead and set him up with Emma. I do think it's a good sign that David's apparently on board because if he was critical of Hook for helping with the #SaveHenry rescue mission because Hook was doing it for Emma, how enthusiastic would he be about saving Hook after he'd done evil things? They may be sort of getting along now, and David may have been actually somewhat sad when Hook was dying, but I think he'd be totally okay with Hook staying dead if he'd actually done serious evil. I also don't think Henry would be involved if it was too bad, considering he hardly wanted to speak to Emma after he learned about Violet's heart, even though by the time he learned that, everything was okay and Emma had set things right. And Regina would likely be perfectly fine with letting Hook rot in hell unless she owed him big-time or unless he'd done something so good that she couldn't bow out without looking bad to Henry.

So I'm reassuring myself that the fact that it's apparently not just Emma, but all of her family plus Regina on board with this. It would, however, be reassuring if we'd had even a glimpse of Colin in all these shots. Is Scarybrooke like some kind of transitional borderlands world they have to go through while Hook in is the real Underworld made of greenscreen in the studio?

• Love 1

Loss of two nights sleep does very hinky things to my head...BINGE watching other series on HULU and Netflix is a very destructive habit (grin)

Someone please refresh my sleep deprived brain...Regina had a line about *coming here to get your pirate...*.

A set stalker posted the quote from Steveston filming, "I agreed to come here and get your pirate and get the hell out of here." They didn't specify who said it, but consensus is that it sounds like something Regina would say.

• Love 2

A set stalker posted the quote from Steveston filming, "I agreed to come here and get your pirate and get the hell out of here." They didn't specify who said it, but consensus is that it sounds like something Regina would say.

Looks like she (or Rumple) is dragging their feet in the Hook-retrieval mission. 

Yeah, Rumple is along for the mission. Apparently he & JMo filmed some scenes together apart from the rest of the group. And good point about the adjective.

Edited by Souris

Maybe Rumple tagged along to prove to Belle he's a changed man by saving his former rival? Not that wooing her with "heroism" would require that much. Maybe there's another element we're unaware of.

My money is on Regina. If a person on set heard it, then they were probably yelling it. Shouting + complaining is more of Regina's style. Rumple is usually more mild-mannered.

Edited by KingOfHearts

The script tease. This is why we need to push the #SnowSwan movement. I also always hate how she says "we." She always speaks for Charming. Is it because they share her heart? so he can never think for himself anymore? he must have gotten the half that still somewhat cares about emma. Let him speak for himself for once.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I'm trying really hard to not get too excited over here.

Nope. Not going to do it. It's TS;TW. Remember 4x11... (Looks at awesome photo of Dark Hook and Rumple.)

Screw it. I love this show again!

• Love 7

Nine! My love!

Yay for a big Captain Hook episode!

Is that photo when they're in character. RC looks in character, but I'm not sure Hook would be smiling all adorable like.

No wonder Hook goes cray cray and goes after Gold for revenge. He probably can't separate Rumple from "hero" Gold. I mentioned this idea in the Hook thread too.

I wonder if RC posted that on purpose. He seems like the sort who loves to mess with people from time to time.

Rumsy -- I would've gone with a Ten reaction.

giphy.gif

Of course, all of this is based on something Lana said so I feel like I need to tamper down my expectations just in case. But only, like, a little bit.

And where the heck did that photo of Hook and Rumple come from? Because whoa, I'm excited for that. Like really really really excited for that.

Edited by sharky

Let's just hope all the Hook backstory isn't riddled with continuity errors. His full name does seem to be Killian "continuity error" Jones, after all.

Although his cut story from the 4x06 (4x07?) episode was consistent to what he said in 2x22, so i have faith that they at least won't screw up that part of his backstory.

So, a newly born Dark Hook immediately starts seeing Clippy!Rumple. No wonder he is going mad. haha

He would probably have chosen the fire-breathing boar over Clippy!Rumple. 

• Love 7

^ kind of. His robes look slightly greenish on the front side (I think it's due to how the light is hitting them). Either way, Colin looks great in green too.

They also sort of remind me of the outfit he was wearing when he first met emma.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I know. I'm going to revel in all the Captain Hook goodness we're getting (from this season and the bits we get in 5b), because we'll probably get diddly squat for the remainder of the series.

this was my thinking too. We'll get lots of the retrieval squad and maybe one short scene an ep of Killian per ep ..and I am ok with that as long that scene when they get back is Killian unpacking and decorating the new house...and he and Emma christening most of the rooms.
  • Love 3

Okay, yes, I'm now a wee bit excited about the season finale. I'm still worried they will have DO Hook commit atrocities he can't come back from. (coughMerlincough) But I'm less worried than I was. On this lazy Sunday afternoon I re-watched some clips from 4B, and they were really anvilling hard Hook's susceptibility to darkness during that whole arc. He must have warned Emma at least five times how insidious the darkness could be, and how easy it would be to give in to it. He's definitely not as strong as Emma when it comes to that, and the writers have never sugarcoated it. In fact, so blatant were the anvils that I think the writers may have been planning this whole thing as long ago as last spring, though I hate to give them credit for that much foresight. 

• Love 1

Muhahahahaha!  Hook and Rumple  Hook and Regina. Hook... and anyone!!! (even the annoying Zelena... MAYBE)

The writers know that Hook is a major draw. As long as this show lasts, he will be an important and essential part of the series.

With two female characters being pregnant as well, that gives all the guys a little more open script space :)

• Love 4

See, THIS explains partially why Hook goes so dark so fast in Camelot. If having Rumple in her head constantly was a burden on Emma, just imagine how it would be for Hook. He'll likely do whatever Rumple says if it means that Rumple will shut up, disappear and leave him alone.

I'm still worried they will have DO Hook commit atrocities he can't come back from. (coughMerlincough)

I just cannot see that being an atrocity if it happens, partly because Nimue will likely be more culpable than Hook (just as she would have been if Emma hadn't resisted her) and partly because Merlin is a good man but NOT an innocent one, he has majorly effed up in several ways. He's also not defenseless like other villains' victims have been, so there's that.

even the annoying Zelena... MAYBE

No, definitely. Their interactions in 5x08 were a lot of fun. Edited by Mathius

It's like the programming people at H2 (the secondary History Channel, where they rerun old programs from back in the day when the History Channel was about history) are staying on top of spoilers for this show because this afternoon they ran back-to-back programs about Hades and Hercules. I don't know how deeply they plan to get into actual mythology, but there seem to be a lot of parallels going on here. If Hook is stuck in the Underworld and Emma is going after him, they kind of have a gender-switched Orpheus and Eurydice (though hopefully with a better ending). And even though they've cast an actual Hercules, there seems to be a lot in that mythology that could apply to Hook -- namely the being driven to a kind of madness (which the sudden onslaught of Darkness could be compared to) that led him to do something terrible (at least we know he didn't kill his whole family, since his birth family was already dead, his sort of step-family (Henry) is still alive, and his would-be in-laws are still alive), for which he may have to atone or at least feels like he'll have to atone.

Depending on the identity of Papa Hook, that could also tie in the being hard to kill because of his parentage, maybe even the fact that he's had a pretty sucky life with constant loss and torment.

• Love 2

Hook and Regina. Hook... and anyone!!! (even the annoying Zelena... MAYBE)

:)

Cora will be so proud of her girls, keeping the sketchy Hook/Mills-women team ups alive.

* I figured we'd get a lot of regina in 4b. She's usually the focus of the b arcs. Interesting that she says evil queen. Or not really, because we've seen every second of her entire life already.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

Lana and Bex were today at Heroes & Villains Fan Fest and Lana said (among other things about how inspiring Regina is)  this about 5B:

Heroes & Villains ‏@heroesfanfest

"Good Regina is fun to play...but I'm excited we're going to see a LOT of the Evil Queen in Season 5!" @LanaParrilla

I'm expecting nothing less for the last 2 episodes than to be Hook heavy. And Hook being central in the winter finale makes sense. 

That picture, I love the Rumple as Dark One stills. RC always looks awesome in them. 

I'm expecting Hook to turn away from the darkness, 5x10, during his fight with Gold. The deck of the JR is where it all started, the scene in 5x10 was set up during 5x03 when he called himself the villain of that story. 

Things will have a considerably different outcome for both Hook and Gold (I have no idea what to call him at all). I think Hook will turn away from the darkness when he decides to turn away from his vengeance. 

I've also been wondering if that duel on the JR goes beyond what happened with Milah. If this doesn't have to do with a bunch of things like Gold trying to suck Emma into the hat, taking Hook's heart, coming back to town, the QoD, the AU. 

Regina had this comment to Belle in 5x06, I think, she said that if Gold had stayed out of the town, none of this would've happened. 

I'm not sure this was just a throwaway line. She said out loud what others might be thinking. And she has a point. If Gold had stayed away, he would've likely died of a bad heart, and the darkness would likely have died along with him in the Land without Magic.

• Love 3

"Good Regina is fun to play...but I'm excited we're going to see a LOT of the Evil Queen in Season 5!" @LanaParrilla

I'm not sure how to interpret that. It sounds like there's more to it than just flashbacks, but this is Lana talking. If Regina went total psycho and reverted to the Evil Queen long-term, I'd watch with popcorn.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4