Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

This script tease basically confirms the theory that the scene with Hook and Emma in front of the bug is her inviting him to her new house and the shot of Hook walking in a hallway in the promo is him meeting her there for their little rendezvous. It's still unclear what the Dark Swan wants him to do exactly though...

Totally agree. I think the sort of 'mad' Emma is with Killian is completely different to the type directed at the others. Likely along the lines of 'you promised me you were a survivor' and he's tried or came close to sacrificing himself for her. She's angry but in that 'I'm going to yell at you a LOTand maybe want to thump you up the backside of the head while I hug you the tightest I can because you scared the crap out of me' way.

Thing is...she might forgive him but I think as she gets darker she is going to use his love for her to manipulate him.

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 1

Could Lancelot be Nimue and Merlins' baby?

Knowing this show I wouldn't be surprised at all. It would also probably complicate his struggling friendship with Arthur if his mother ends up being the first Dark One and Merlin created it.

Access Hollywood Interview with Lana

“And [Regina says], ‘Yeah, your father danced with you all the time. He chose to dance with you over me,’ and Regina pretty much sat in a corner watching everyone else have a grand old time and Regina’s never danced at a ball. So, we’re going to see her first experience in this and who actually teaches her the moves,” Lana continued.

"It's really light-hearted. She doesn't know how to dance, and David -- Prince Charming -- is going to show her how to dance, and so there's a really sweet scene between David, Regina and Mary Margaret."

Well this is shaping up to be just effin' great! I get that this is very likely a plot point to get a rise out of Emma, but seriously, it's sucks. Hard.

Good grief!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6

The permaboner this writers have with Regina is getting ridiculous and out of control. So we never got a scene with Snow helping Emma to choose her dress for her date with Hook, or with Charming teaching her how to dance, but we are going to get both things between them and Regina, the woman who has tried to kill them multiple times and the reason why they couldn't rise their daughter. I bet there is going to be a scene in the episode where Regina dances with Henry too, while Emma and Hook sulk in a corner (if they go to the ball). The love A&E have for Regina it's just ridiculous.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 9

"It's really light-hearted. She doesn't know how to dance, and David -- Prince Charming -- is going to show her how to dance, and so there's a really sweet scene between David, Regina and Mary Margaret."

As opposed to his own daughter who this show should've attempted to have her actually reconnect with her long lost family instead of pushing her along plot points each season.

• Love 1
As opposed to his own daughter who this show should've attempted to have her actually reconnect with her long lost family instead of pushing her along plot points each season.

It's apparent Emma is the Savior or she's nothing, because this is exactly how almost everyone has seen her. No, Emma, Henry wasn't bringing you home, he was bringing you to break a curse. She was the Savior, then his mother. With Snowing and especially Snow, she's the Savior, then their daughter.

I like how Camelot is celebrating the Savior, and everyone, including Regina and Snowing have forgotten that they're in the middle of major crisis. I like how there's no sense of urgency. Instead, we get to see Regina magic herself in and out of gowns and see which one gets Snowing's seal of approval.

This show is too much sometimes.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

This is the show that wants us to feel sorry for someone who was privileged since childhood, had a father who loved her who she killed by the way over a kid who grew up in the streets, went to bed hungry every night with no parents who loved her. lol

I think David sees Emma as the savior as much as Snow so he doesn't get off free either. You're telling me Hook is the only person on this show who sees Emma as just Emma? Ok show.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 6

This is the show that wants us to feel sorry for someone who was privileged since childhood, had a father who loved her who she killed by the way over a kid who grew up in the streets, went to bed hungry every night with no parents who loved her. lol

The writers might regret their stance on how Emma sacrificed herself for Regina after tonight's episode.

• Love 1

It's apparent Emma is the Savior or she's nothing, because this is exactly how almost everyone has seen her. No, Emma, Henry wasn't bringing you home, he was bringing you to break a curse. She was the Savior, then his mother. With Snowing and especially Snow, she's the Savior, then their daughter.

That's the problem that the show never fully tackled when that's what should've happened after the first curse broke.

They bring up her abandonment/parental issues and distrust, but it's only used for the arc plot and not something her character actually deals with like it should be.

• Love 2

I just realized Dana H. and Andrew C. wrote this next episode (apparently they're live-tweeting). They wrote Lily; where Regina's personality flipped 180 degrees and I got whiplash (Because the very next episode she was back to slicing people's hands and contemplating erasing her sister and boyfriend's unborn child out of existence).

Hmmm...I wonder how this episode is going to be.

Seeing how we're getting a Regina pity party regardless of what happens, is it wrong that I'm hoping she runs into Drizella (because cupcake Ana is elsewhere), whom then proceeds to ruin her fancy dress.

I wonder what everyone else will be up to (besides Snow and Charming seemingly replacing Emma with Regina)?

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I am so conflicted about this episode everything about the first ball for the savior Regina make me barf but there the CS stuff and Camelot. I guess I will fast forward almost every Regina scene tonight. I am just not here, for all the Regina crowded the savior by the Camelot folk and the charming.

“And [Regina says], ‘Yeah, your father danced with you all the time. He chose to dance with you over me,’ and Regina pretty much sat in a corner watching everyone else have a grand old time and Regina’s never danced at a ball. So, we’re going to see her first experience in this and who actually teaches her the moves,” Lana continued.

Again with the demonizing of the White clan. Once again, it is all Snow's parent's fault that Cora and Regina are all messed up. How come Regina's dad, who apparently loved her very much, never danced with her? How come her Mom who was grooming her to be Queen never got her some dancing lessons or bought her a single ball gown? How could a Prince and his wife so badly neglect their only child that she had never been to a ball or danced a single dance with any soul on the planet? SERIOUSLY????????

It's all Leo's fault. See everybody, he totally deserved to be murdered and for his child to be hunted. How dare he?

And of course, nobody ever asked her to dance once married because Leo was a jealous monster. Why nobody danced with her before the marriage remains a mystery.

This storyline is SO STUPID IT BURNS. 

Now, I am off to assemble five tables so I have sufficient tables to flip tonight.

ETA:

"This is Regina's first ball," Lana told Access Hollywood, of the event happening in Season 5's second episode -- "The Price." "We've never seen Regina enjoy a ball. We've seen all of our princesses and… even Emma has danced at a ball, but Regina never has, and so [the writers] wanted to give that to her."

Dammit. I just had to flip an unassembled table after reading that. At least it didn't damage it so I can use it again tonight.  "[the writers] wanted to give her that." I've seen fan fiction writers with more restraint.  Poor Woobie. 

Edited by kili
  • Love 4

Why?

Emma essentially saved Regina's life which has been the writers' mantra the whole summer, but in episode 2, she's playing dress up at the ball. We're not coming up with ways to free the person who supposedly can help Emma get rid of the darkness, are we? I'm sure the rabid Emma, CS fans who love mouthing off in 140 characters will find this lovely.

The episode hasn't aired yet. But I think I'll be watching some of it with my eyes closed.

Edited by YaddaYadda

How come Regina's dad, who apparently loved her very much, never danced with her? How come her Mom who was grooming her to be Queen never got her some dancing lessons or bought her a single ball gown? How could a Prince and his wife so badly neglect their only child that she had never been to a ball or danced a single dance with any soul on the planet? SERIOUSLY????????

.  "[the writers] wanted to give her that." I've seen fan fiction writers with more restraint.  Poor Woobie. 

Cora had a previously unknown phobia of dancing?  It was something Leopold and Eva enjoyed, so it was infused with evil, and she magicked Henry Sr into thinking the same thing?

Yeah.

This is ridiculous.

I might have to add that "writers wanted to give her that" quote to my saved ""There's just so many people that it's like, it's sometimes hard to do that story and sacrifice Regina's story. That's just showbiz." —Edward Kitsis"

Also--thanks for the answer, YaddaYadda.  It might be worth checking the Once twitter stream, tonight.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 2
Emma essentially saved Regina's life which has been the writers' mantra the whole summer, but in episode 2, she's playing dress up at the ball. We're not coming up with ways to free the person who supposedly can help Emma get rid of the darkness, are we?

Emma clearly stated that she sacrificed her life because Regina deserves a happy ending. Clearly, that means things like rectifying past wrongs and letting poor Regina (who the writers have been consistent in telling us has been the most abused) achieve those moments in her life that were previously cruelly denied to her. I don't think those writers will regret it for a moment - this is EXACTLY the story they wanted to tell us. I expect the entire season will be filled with all sorts of rewarding scenes for Regina as she finally gets to live the life that she deserves with a soupçon of scenes of her crying because Emma is so mean to her.

Anybody who complains on twitter will either be ignored or A&E will be shocked at how the viewers fail to comprehend the story they are telling. How can viewers not see that Regina deserves these moments? Screw logic.

Edited by kili
  • Love 4

I'm now convinced this episode is just to piss off Emma...and her fans off. Derpy Rumple will probably mock Emma until she accidentally chips Regina's nail or something so everyone can be disappointed in her.

Emma clearly stated that she sacrificed her life because Regina deserves a happy ending.

"Poor Regina's" happy ending takes precedent over everything else in this series.

• Love 2

I'm now convinced this episode is just to piss off Emma...and her fans off. Derpy Rumple will probably mock Emma until she accidentally chips Regina's nail or something so everyone can be disappointed in her.

Honestly I don't think Dark Swan can come into existence without something like this. Emma is very patient and it'll take a lot to really, really tick her off to the point of stoning dwarves and ripping out hearts.

I'm obviously going to be in the minority on this one, but I don't find it all that implausible that this is Regina's first real ball. Cora saw her as a commodity to be traded for power and they seemed to be quite isolated during Regina's youth. Her marriage to Leopold was loveless and we saw in the Tink flashback that she was (self) isolated and alone and that Leopold favored Snow over her in most things. Then she goes Evil Queen. Sad and angry women generally don't have full dance cards. So I can buy it as a story if I don't think too hard on the details. Which is sort of how you have to watch the show these last few...seasons.

Just to provide an opposing view after three pages of "THIS STORYLINE IS DISGUSTING AND MAKING ME PHYSICALLY SICK," I... don't care if Regina has her "first dance" at this ball. It does require a little hand waving, but so do a lot of the storylines on this show. The show's lazy attempts to "reform" Regina have been, well, lazy, but again, nothing new. Anyway, just wanted to provide a voice for Team Doesn't Really Give a F--- (a team I may be the only member of?)

I am interested generally in how the whole "Regina pretends to be the Savior/The Nevengers neglect to tell the Camelot crew that Emma is the Dark One" thing plays out. That's gotta blow up in their faces at some point. Also interested to see Emma's new house (does she take an empty one or turn the inhabitant to stone?). And to see more "Camelot in Storybrooke" stuff -- fairytale characters in the real world has always been my favorite part of the show. 

• Love 2

Honestly I don't think Dark Swan can come into existence without something like this. Emma is very patient and it'll take a lot to really, really tick her off to the point of stoning dwarves and ripping out hearts.

Yeah I think this is something that can bring out the Dark Swan. Maybe the show will show us Emma's insecurities? I might actually like that even though i'll hate it at the same time. lol We'll obviously get something about Regina keeping Henry from her but will we finally see Emma feel some type of way about how Snow is all about Baby Nolan and with how she keeps talking about not having a savior with her curse it sounds like she does resents the fact that people sees her as just that.

The CS angst in next week's episode is going to kill me. Emma showing up on the Jolly Roger (I guess that's where Hook has been staying) dressed in her first date dress to manipulate Hook is going to be hard to watch. I wonder if he'll continue to be able to resist her?

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 4

Maybe she's waiting for the right time to tell him WTF is going on. She stopped him from going in that room so he's probably going to be one of the first ones to see it I guess. Emma seems to be going to drastic measures to protect her family by...not telling them why she's mad at them? I can't wait to see how she drags her parents in the up coming episodes. I bet the Snow confrontation will probably be the worse one.

And Percival actually seemed like a decent guy

I'm sure he's not dead, dead, because I'm pretty sure he had scenes with Merlin alone in 5x05.

Putting aside the fact that he tore Regina a new one and actually scared her, he used a necklace as a nanny cam and a fire as his television set. Where did he get that magic from? 

I posted in this thread when we got BTS for 5x05 that he was shady, and how is he the only one having a scene with Merlin alone, alone?

I'm pretty sure Percival has very clear orders and very clear path that he is following and that he is doing Merlin's bidding behind the scenes.

I don't think he should be dismissed as dead, dead, DEAD.

Plus, it would be a shame, the actor is actually good.

ETA - This whole Excalibur business. So it's not her sword to take, plus she's not a hero. I'm guessing whoever reunites the 2 blades together, if it's a hero, then it will bring light and if it's Emma, it will bring darkness.

Since Hook noticed that door, I'm assuming this will come back into play. I still think Arthur's agenda goes beyond reuniting the pieces of the sword. There's clearly a much larger secret. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

However unlikely, even if it's true that Regina never went to a ball before, my real objection is (as others have stated) that Regina is getting what should be Emma's, and Emma can't really do anything about it. Emma saved that f*ckin' cow's life, and now she gets all the shiny and I so don't want to watch this bitch benefitting from a lie while Emma has to take the hindmost, again!

• Love 5

I'm sure he's not dead, dead, because I'm pretty sure he had scenes with Merlin alone in 5x05.

Putting aside the fact that he tore Regina a new one and actually scared her, he used a necklace as a nanny cam and a fire as his television set. Where did he get that magic from? 

I posted in this thread when we got BTS for 5x05 that he was shady, and how is he the only one having a scene with Merlin alone, alone?

Could the BTS from 5x05 be flashbacks explaining that?

• Love 1

I haven't felt chilled by Emma as Dark Swan....sick to my gut that this has happened to her, so worried for how she'll have to live with herself once she is no longer the DO if she murders anyone BUT the look on her face in the next promo as she hits the stone to try and release Excalibur...OMFG!!!! That look...it's like nothing of light Emma is left. I"m having such a hard time with this arc..and all I can watch are YouTube clips 'cos here in Oz s4 hasn't even been scheduled ...my poor, poor Emma.

Honestly thought the attempt to make the sword whole happened in Camelot and the failure of it sent Emma dark....wow...so confused!

Edited by PixiePaws1

They filmed other versions where Jen grabbed his lapel by the car. They didn't really cut out much. She just poofed him to her house quicker in the final scene.

Edited by pezgirl7

I thought this episode was nicely paced. Or at least, in my opinion it was. It was slightly less Regina-heavy than I thought it was going to be. As much as I don't approve of all the Regina nonsense, I liked this episode and I'm actually really liking this season so far. It's already better than 4b imo.

I'm so glad the dwarves are involved more. First they were down to 6 with Sneezy and then 5 with Dopey, and back to 6 by the end of the episode. I wonder what Tiny has been up to lately? He must feel left out. Lol.

• Love 1

Glad the thread has been re-opened.

You guys remember the red dress Regina was wearing that looks exactly like Mother Gothel's dress? Regina was standing in Merlin's tower (a tower), controlling Emma (not maliciously but still).

I thought it was interesting.

• Love 6

In the BTS pics just linked, Hook definitely has some sort of snow globe thingy he appears to consult.

He doesn't have it in the scene with Emma, though she could have it behind her back. It seems like they start off standing far apart, then they get closer and she offers him her hand, then they walk off hand-in-hand. It doesn't look particularly happy, though. Perhaps they're making a deal, or she is "sucking him into the darkness with her," and goes along by taking her hand.

The globe is also in Merlin's tower. You see it in the scene when Emma is telling Regina not to control her again.

I think the globe contains a key of some sort. He seems to be shaking it and whatever he gives Emma probably comes from inside the globe.

The globe is also in Merlin's tower. You see it in the scene when Emma is telling Regina not to control her again.

I think the globe contains a key of some sort. He seems to be shaking it and whatever he gives Emma probably comes from inside the globe.

Oooh, nice catch! I did not notice that in Merlin's tower.