Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

It's no real surprise on this show that Regina will be leading the charge to rescue Emma. I can't see the writers writing Snow, Charming or Hook as leaders in this day and age. Regina is really the only capable one, meta-wise.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Now it makes sense why they all fail at saving Emma from herself. They let a psycho lead the charge. Snow White, Charming and Captain Hook are all capable leaders in their own right and care about Emma more than most about her but sure let's let the crazy lady who tried to kill her more than once go save her.

• Love 5

I have to roll my eyes at this whole Regina as Savior business anyway. She's selfish, inconsiderate, and whiney (and those are her good qualities). To say Emma's stupid in front of her aggrieved loved ones? Even if she didn't really mean it, it's still a shitty thing to do.

• Love 4

I thought Ep.2 was Charming's centric? Wasn't that where they said the Camelot ball happens and we'll learn why Arthur and Charming's bromance is as epic as Arthur and Guinevere?

fails. Better her than Snowing or Hook.

On this show? No, Woegina would have succeeded but Idiots 1,2 and 3 think they know better and ruined her good plan and tipped Emma over. In fact it wouldn't take all 3 idiots, just Snow and dumb Emma herself. And then Snow and Emma will fix everything with a 5 second phone call. We've got the blue print already guys. You don't actually think they came up with a new story do you? I think they're too busy relaxing on the golf course and praying to their St. Victim in the Church of Victimology.

• Love 1

If I was Emma and I have specifically asked my parents to save me and they had decided that Regina should be the one leading the rescue, I will go dark too.

Also, didn't people mention that the group sort of splits (in a matter of speaking; like they have different ideas) to follow separate ways in trying to help Emma? Which means Regina may also fail in keeping the group unified.

I can see Hook having a plan to save Emma and Regina having a different one, and Snow and Charming choosing Regina's over Hook's even if his is better (they love Regina and only tolerate Hook). They obviously fail (we know Emma is going full dark), but A&E would never make Regina the one that fails, they love her way too much for it. So it would be Snow's, Charming's or Hook's fault that Regina's plan fails.

• Love 3
"led by Regina" wasn't a direct quote. This could very well be the journalist editorializing.

Probably.  I think the whole Regina is the new Savior seems to lead to that conclusion.

(they love Regina and only tolerate Hook)

Snow may "love" Regina, but David only tolerates her.  And it sucks to repeat, but Regina has magic and that makes her important.  It's like when everyone would go to Rumple for assistance even though they know better and he would make deals with them and screw them over and then they'd be back for more.

Magic is the band-aid solution for everything on this show.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I wanna see the magical solution blow up in their faces or Regina's face or Merlin's face (because reasons).  Magic is dangerous and has consequences.  Emma is paying the consequences of all of that right now even though she shouldn't be the one paying for any of it.

• Love 4
Having magic shouldn't equate to being put in charge though.

I agree, but on this show, it sort of does.  At least that's the way I see it.  Most everyone looks for a magical solution to the simplest problems.  Meanwhile, things actually work much better when the characters are using their brains and wits instead of running around looking for a magical solution.

I'd think that in trying to help Emma out, they should be hitting the books and using the knowledge someone like Hook has accumulated over the centuries even if said knowledge starts and ends with "stab with dagger".

When they went to Neverland wasn't it Hook and Emma's baby daddy who really got them where they're suppose to go with Emma who barely mastered her magic leading everyone? So yeah magic haven't always been the answer.

Edited by mjgchick

I got to thinking. Can anybody point to A&E saying ANYTHING about Hook that wasn't a response to a direct question? I can't remember him or his role being mentioned by them in any of their spoiler talk from SDCC or articles.

I got to thinking. Can anybody point to A&E saying ANYTHING about Hook that wasn't a response to a direct question? I can't remember him or his role being mentioned by them in any of their spoiler talk from SDCC or articles.

But no one really asked them anything about Hook.  All the questions were about Emma or Regina or Rumple.  I think they answered a question about the Jolly Roger and said that Hook will not go dark.

When they went to Neverland wasn't it Hook and Emma's baby daddy who really got them where they're suppose to go with Emma who barely mastered her magic leading everyone?

Emma declared herself the leader but she didn't do much in the way of providing actual leadership. Hook was doing an excellent job of topping from the bottom and Regina also jumped in to lead as needed.

This is a show about fairy tale characters, not real-world people. Heavy use of magic is baked into it. It was established early in season 1 that people turn to magic and magical beings to solve a lot their problems as a matter of course.

• Love 1

I'm sure Regina's in charge of "Save Emma" (which we already know she goes full dark so #fail anyway) as much as Zelena is Robin's "girlfriend."  I love some real information an not just an entertainment reporter making stuff up from Comic Con.

• Love 1

I saw somebody on Tumblr speculate that the Rumple tutoring Emma is his "soul." Since he didn't die when she became the Dark One, his soul is now attached to her because it was all tied up with the Dark One. So his body is in a coma in Storybrooke, but his soul is traipsing around Emma's mind. Which sounds utterly nightmarish, frankly.

Wasn't the comments something along the lines of Rumple and Mr. Gold being separate, and Mr. Gold has a white heart, but Rumple doesn't?

If we go with the soul theory--which sounds like it makes some sense--would Mr. Gold have to be in a coma?  Could the Mr. Gold persona from Regina's original curse be driving the body?  And how different would that man be from dark-hearted cursed Rumple?

• Love 2

If we go with the soul theory--which sounds like it makes some sense--would Mr. Gold have to be in a coma?  Could the Mr. Gold persona from Regina's original curse be driving the body?  And how different would that man be from dark-hearted cursed Rumple?

Oh. Mind blown there, Mari! That's an interesting theory I haven't seen.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

And how different would that man be from dark-hearted cursed Rumple?

The only scenes I'm aware of with Mr. Gold without Rumple are in Save Henry where he helps procure Henry's adoption.

Edited by KingOfHearts
The only scenes I'm aware of with Mr. Gold without Rumple are in Save Henry where he helps procure Henry's adoption.

There was that scene when he goes to collect the rent at Granny's, when he hears Emma's name and remembers.

Could the Mr. Gold persona from Regina's original curse be driving the body?  And how different would that man be from dark-hearted cursed Rumple?

I always thought this is what we had though in Storybrooke, Mr. Gold or a partial Mr. Gold at least.  He's not Dark One!Rumple and he's not his original self either. but he's someone who falls somewhere in between.

I never considered the Cursed persona playing a role in the evolution of Rumple's character before. Mr. Gold certainly has none of Dark Rumple's flamboyance, or original Rumple's nervousness. Wonder which characteristic which predominate now.

But I don't want a multiple soul situation. That's like demon-possession. Is the Darkness someone's soul, or is it an entity? That will determine the outcome. For now, I'm sticking to EF Rumple being a manifestation of Emma's subconscious, rather than Dark One Rumple.

Having it be a portal would make traveling between the realms easy to explain. And if that's the case, it would be nice if that stayed around longer. I've always wondered what it would be like to have an open portal between the Enchanted Forest and Storybrooke for people to travel back and forth.

That being said, that second photo looked a little familiar. Like maybe those were set pieces we've seen before and they're just reusing for another place. I feel like I saw that barn and cottage when Sir Rumple was riding around on a horse at the end of S4. I'm sure it's not supposed to be the exact same place but rather just the set designers recycling old sets.

So, Merlin's tree? It's like the more stuff I see, the more confused I get. I thought that tree was in Storybrooke during the filming of episode 2.

I only remember seeing it in front of the castle set. Where was it in Storybrooke?

I only remember seeing it in front of the castle set. Where was it in Storybrooke?

They shot a night scene with Regina, Robin, Snowing and Arthur.  The tree was there in the BTS (the ones taken during daylight at least) and Regina had a line about how she should've taken care of this (the furies???) back in Camelot.

I assumed the tree was in Storybrooke, though maybe the earlier scenes with Emma and Hook (which no one got to see) could've been filmed in a Camelot setting?

So...this is complicated!

Edited by YaddaYadda

Merlin actor is headed to Vancouver.

Well for one thing, it was sort of about time.

And I guess it will come as no shock to anyone if Merlin fucked up badly in Camelot.

I'm thinking that Camelot was somehow cursed for a really long while.  Actually, how about that curse Rumple went to retrieve with the help of those inept Queens of Darkness?

If Merlin created the curse that created Storybrooke, then he had to have a guinea pig for it, enter Camelot.  

This is the same man who tethered the darkness to a human soul, created a dagger to control the Dark One (even though he doesn't seem like he's ever been in possession of the dagger in like forever and a day and also had a hat that could cut the Dark One loose from the control of the dagger which again...Merlin not the sharpest tool in the shed, clearly)

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Zoso or some other Dark One in this episode.

• Love 1

I think they were actually at the studio though because they posted photos of themselves with Colin and Josh. I think it was maybe Kat that got the info from them. LOL

Wasn't that the day before? I'm not sure. I've lost track of all those non-SB filming days. Go back to shooting where we can see you, Once!

Wasn't that the day before? I'm not sure. I've lost track of all those non-SB filming days. Go back to shooting where we can see you, Once!

Oh sorry, I'm not sure. I've lost track too! The twitter didn't mention seeing Lana, so maybe it was a different day.

So Liam & Sinqua filmed today, and Elliott (Merlin) flew to Vancouver. I smell Camelot flashback. That would fit the "Fractured Kingdom" title. And I also wonder if this is the ep where we see our group really divided on how best to help Emma.

A trailer for young Emma spotted on set. Are they still on 503 or have they started 504? It's weird because they don't usually film on weekends.

I'm pretty sure they're filming 5x04, especially with Lancelot, Arthur and Gwen on the scene yesterday.

ETA - it's not that odd that they film on a Saturday.  They did some of 4x15 on a Saturday last year.

So, is Merlin visiting Emma like the Apprentice visited Lily in 4x19?

Edited by YaddaYadda
A trailer for young Emma spotted on set.

Oh, great, a new retcon in Emma's childhood. It would be the third, or maybe the forth, I'm loosing the count.

There's nothing in the way of spoilers to support that. Abby Ross is not even in Vancouver. She is hundreds of miles away vacationing with her family. Sometimes they use the trailers to transport props and equipment.

Clip from the 5x01 premiere. Click the "i" on the bottom right corner of the thumbnail to expand the video.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!! Someone quickly yank my heart out so I don't have to feel these feelings!(preferably Cora) ;_;

Typical Regina.Throwing out insults left and right. Wish it'd stop, but of course it won't.

I do like the atmosphere though. Everyone's just in shock and quickly graduating to the second stage of grief: anger.

Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that but between Killian and Robin. Killian pretty much was like, " I will END you if you try stopping me!" The body language was awesome. You were right to back off, Robin.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

Hook should have stabbed Regina the moment she called him Guyliner. Not a great time to be snarky, Regina. Oh, but I know she's just covering because she feels super guilty. *rolls eyes* On a plus note, Hook's hair was looking particularly fabulous.

Since Emma's not in this world, does that mean she's in Camelot?

ETA From the zap2it article: Playing a game of “Yes/No/Maybe,” Kitsis and Horowitz offered “maybe”s to: Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood, Ariel, Balefire, Ursula, Cora. So, fingers crossed.

I would love to see any of those characters again, except for maybe Rapunzel. She was a bit blah. Would really like to see Baelfire, but I would think the actor is a bit too old to play the younger version that was still around with Rumple, and I doubt they'd show him after he left Neverland.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1

That sneak peek kind of sucked monkey balls. Shockingly underwhelming. I found the writing & staging incredibly clunky, and Lana didn't help stomping around and huffing like a petulant teenager whose parents told her she couldn't have the car tonight, and insulting people who were in pain. That should have been an incredibly emotional scene, and it came off as rote and cold. And, of course, the writers & Lana made it all about Regina, except for a brief bit of Hook. (Colin was legit the only one I felt emotion from.)

And Hook & Regina will disagree on how to help Emma. Anyone doubt that Regina will be proven right in the end? Since it's TS, TW.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 5

I'm hoping it will translate better on screen during the episode, bur honestly, there are moments to snark and others when one needs to shut their pie hole. This is supposed to be a heavy, emotionally charged moment. Everyone should be shell shocked by this, so why is Regina making snarking comments to Snow and calling Hook guyliner. There's a time and place for shit like that and that wasn't it.

• Love 7

Yeah, that was a really poor choice by the writers (shocking, I know). I know it's in-character for her to lash out when she's upset, but something as simple as Snow or Henry or Robin snapping, "Regina!" at her and giving her a beat to look chastened/guilty would have gone a long way to make the scene better. Colin really brought it, but it would have been nice if the director/editors let us see more of a reaction from Snowing as well.

• Love 2

The SQers seem to love the scene because they think Regina looks so wrecked. She sure has a strange way of showing it. Even Robin looked more concerned and devastated. And let's just ignore the man whom Emma said she loves, who picked up the dagger and tried to summon Emma with sheer force of will. Ugh, I should be excited with a new clip, but it's making me a bit cranky.

Edited by pezgirl7