Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

The cold-blooded killing of Cruella

I don't think this would be considered "cold-blooded." If charges were to be pressed, it wouldn't be considered pre-meditated murder. It was in the heat of the moment, since Cruella was in the process of threatening Emma's son. On any other cop show, the cop would have looked like a hero for managing to shoot the hostage taker and freeing the hostage.

If they wanted a cold-blooded killing, then Emma should have been able to free Henry from Cruella, then she'd have still been pissed about her taking him and tracked her down later and killed her, knowing Cruella was physically incapable of killing.

They need to get their terms straight.

• Love 8

Doubtful.  It's not that Nimerfo who is writing.

I seem to recall 4x01 (Do You Want to Build A Snowman?), 4x11 (Boozing with Regina), and 4x12 (Root beers) to all be baity, none of which Nimefro wrote for.

Besides, what is there to bait?

Quiet moments in the car. Getting coffee together. Talking about their problems in a way some would see as "intimate". There's been plenty of buzz about the "Swan Queen roadtrip".

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
Quiet moments in the car. Getting coffee together. Talking about their problems in a way some would see as "intimate". There's been plenty of buzz about the "Swan Queen roadtrip".

Not to mention, she's choosing Regina over her parents and, apparently, her boyfriend. We don't yet know the reason she leaves Hook behind -- maybe to look after Henry? -- but if you're wearing those particular goggles, you might see her as choosing Regina over Hook, and it does mean there's likely to be little interaction between Emma and Hook while it will be non-stop interaction between Emma and Regina. I'll wait to see whether I call it "baiting." I just consider the relationship to be very artificial, something that came purely from the writers' minds rather than something that arises organically from the characters.

I don't remember, does the end of the road trip come in this episode or does the trip span two episodes? I know we saw all the photos from the homecoming scene, but I don't recall which episode that was.

• Love 5

I think I'll probably miss the Lily episode. I do have some loyalty to Chambliss as I do to most of Whedon's writers, but I just can't bring myself to care about her or her friendship with Emma. Also, Emma/Regina on a roadtrip + Emma/Lily flashbacks means yet another idiotic parallel between them. Add Zelena + Robin and Emma going dark because she dared to protect her son to the equation, and I genuinely see no reason to watch this dreck.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3

Clearly if Emma is going dark she'll need to lose the zombie-esque appearance of this last episode.  Everyone knows evil women are always tarted up so they'll have to put back on those caterpillar eyelashes, spackle on some dark red lipstick and change into a plunging neckline while hoisting the girls.

And cold-blooded killing of Cruella?  Have they read what they wrote or watched Sympathy for the De Vil?

• Love 2

And cold-blooded killing of Cruella? Have they read what they wrote or watched Sympathy for the De Vil?

I often think there's a parallel show running through their brains that we never see, simply because what they say never seems to really match up with what happened.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 8

I don't remember, does the end of the road trip come in this episode or does the trip span two episodes? I know we saw all the photos from the homecoming scene, but I don't recall which episode that was.

It spans two eps. Yippee. Not sure at what point the homecoming takes place in the next ep. Probably near the end.

It spans two eps. Yippee.

Oh joy. So that's two episodes of road trip (wheee), then the homecoming, then the two-parter that appears to be the villains getting happy endings/the world gone mad/however that works. And then we'll be free for the summer. And possibly very angry.

Is it bad that right now I just kind of want to get it over with and move on with my life?

• Love 2

I'm thinking the trip will span from the start of the second half to the end of the first half of the next two episodes.  Mal has to show up, probably seeking Emma who is good at tracking people.  There's those goodbyes scenes and then road trip, they find Lily, then they find Robin and Zelena the following episode (though I'm not even sure why Lily would go anywhere near NYC to get people she doesn't even know), then they head back to Storybrooke to those BTS we got in "Mother" which seems to be yet again another Regina centric because we always need more of those.

There's never enough of those.

We don't yet know the reason she leaves Hook behind -- maybe to look after Henry? --

I'm already writting the scene in my head (because I'm pretty sure we are not going to get it in the show) where Hook tells Emma that he is going with her and she tells him that she needs him to stay and to take care of Henry because he is the only one she trusts with her son.

The fact that she is leaving them, alone and unprotected, in the same place where Rumple is, well, that's another story.

Oh joy. So that's two episodes of road trip (wheee), then the homecoming, then the two-parter that appears to be the villains getting happy endings/the world gone mad/however that works. And then we'll be free for the summer. And possibly very angry.

Is it bad that right now I just kind of want to get it over with and move on with my life?

This was my exact thought while I was on my walk today. Just get this over with and then I can be done with it. 

On the spoilers, I'm fairly certain the road trip spans two episodes, but that's half of "Lily" and half of "Mother" so it shouldn't be that bad. I'd also speculate that Robin/Regina get scenes and Emma/Lily have scenes alone which means fewer Swan Queen scenes. On the way home I think they even take two cars because no way can Robin, Regina, Zelena, Roland, Emma and Lily all fit into Emma's bug which means even less Swan Queen stuff.

On the way home I think they even take two cars because no way can Robin, Regina, Zelena, Roland, Emma and Lily all fit into Emma's bug which means even less Swan Queen stuff.

Were they even in the bug? I thought in the photos that it looked like they took Regina's Mercedes.

Though it would be lovely if they're in separate cars to begin with and end up meeting up later.

The series has a nice habit of teasing the next big bad. Will that be the case here, too?

Yes, absolutely. It’s a big reveal. The new big baddie is going to be really bad. It’s the unimaginable. It’s the worst thing that could possibly happen. It’s going to be tough for everybody. It’s going to be distressing for fans.

I've been thinking about this and the only reason I'm distressed is the writers.  Not considering who runs this show, making Emma the Dark One would be a fabulous idea because its an interesting way to peel back the layer of characters if done right.  If you think about Rumpel, there are two elements at the core of being the Dark One....1) Rumpel was a coward and feared everything and that part of him got twisted into needing to manipulate and control everything by amassing magic and power over everyone and 2) if someone gets the dagger, they can control him. 

So how would the Dark One power manifest in Emma? Rumpel never does evil just for evil's sake, he always has a motive.  I think everything Emma would do would stem from being separated from her parents and giving up Henry  I'd expect to see the following:

- Its like the first season of Revenge when that show was good- Black Swan (bravo whoever coined that) generally wreaks havoc, with little care for ethics, on the people who have done her wrong.  This is going to be Rumpel and Regina.  Payback for the curse and separation from her parents, Henry's adoption, making her the Dark One, etc.  There is a lot I can see Emma do to punish Rumpel and Regina that I would shrug and say 'well they had it coming, karma Houdini warranty expired sucker'.  Heck, I'd expect a whole episode where Emma temporarily resurrects dead Graham and Marian so they can have a little chat about rape and murder with Outlaw Queen. (Halloween episode).

- Black Swan would say all the things to the Charmings that we know are gnawing at her.  All the rage and hurt and longing that the abandoned foster kid inside Emma still has for her parents.  Granted, Emma would probably have them all locked in a dungeon so they can't leave.  Captive audience and no interruptions.

- They could do a fairly interesting comparison of Captain Swan and Rumbelle.  What doesn't work with Rumbelle would actually work with Captain Swan because Belle is a polyanna that turns a blind eye and Hook has a sliding scale of morality.  I could see Captain Swan stay a couple through this, but the tension would be what happens when Emma is cured because while her actions are lessened because she is cursed, anything Hook did or condoned would be of his own free will.  

-So would Snowing try to get the dagger to control their daughter?

But its TS, TW and I guarantee you if Emma is the big bad then 5A is not about Emma.  Its about Rumpel.  4B is cementing the rehabilitation of Regina.  That is the intent anyway.  I remember thinking in 4A that they had made Rumpel irredeemable but I don't think that is actually true from the writers' perspective.  The only way to bring Rumpel back is for him to become pure of heart, feel guilt over Emma paying the price, and risk his life with Belle to become Dark One again to save Emma.  I think that is what this is about.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
I could see Captain Swan stay a couple through this, but the tension would be what happens when Emma is cured because while her actions are lessened because she is cursed, anything Hook did or condoned would be of his own free will.

I don't know that I can see him participating in her darkness. He really wants to be a better person. I can't see him just shrugging and saying, "Oh, never mind," and reverting to evil just because Emma has gone dark. At least, I hope not. I liked that he turned himself around, perhaps inspired by Emma, but not solely because of her, so I'd hope he wouldn't give up everything he's managed to do just because he no longer has to do it to impress her. His remaining "darkness" is in his temper and his ruthless pragmatism. I don't think Black Swan would be a turnoff to him so that he'd give up on her and want nothing to do with her, but I could see him being something of a more effective Belle, in constantly reminding her who she is and refusing to let her slide too far. He'd be more effective than Belle because of that pragmatism and realism, plus he's actually been there. He knows darkness and would know what she's going through, to some extent. He might actually be able to pull her back from the brink.

This kind of reminds me of the dark Wesley arc on Angel, where the bad guys recognized his bitterness and isolation and decided to take advantage of it by sending Lilah to seduce him and recruit him, really dragging him onto their side. But what happened was that Lilah fell in love with him, and while she wasn't fully redeemed, she did end up helping the good guys because even as dark as he got, he never really lost track of what he believed in. So if Hook is able to hold on to the core of who he is and refuse to let go of Emma, he might be able to reach her.

• Love 3
- They could do a fairly interesting comparison of Captain Swan and Rumbelle.  What doesn't work with Rumbelle would actually work with Captain Swan because Belle is a polyanna that turns a blind eye and Hook has a sliding scale of morality.  I could see Captain Swan stay a couple through this, but the tension would be what happens when Emma is cured because while her actions are lessened because she is cursed, anything Hook did or condoned would be of his own free will.

I don't see him reverting.  I see him getting his pirate moments, but not reverting.  I think he'll just want to save her, period.  There was something a bit of a scene that was interesting yesterday, the one where Hook find the conk.  His reaction is to say "magic" with some of disdain and anger and when he walks away, Rumple is looking at him walk away.  Hook isn't a huge fan of Magic, but he has embraced Emma's magic as part of her wholly.  I can see him struggling with her magic turning dark or her being the new Dark One or what have you, so he will make it his mission to bring her back whatever may come.

• Love 2

Well Hook did say he was trying to be a better man for Emma, so I don't see him just forgetting about Savior Emma. I think he will want to hold onto that for her and try to bring her back. It was mentioned above, but he did drop that tidbit about leading rescue missions in Sunday's ep. Now that the Jolly is back, I can see that happening.

• Love 2

Well Hook did say he was trying to be a better man for Emma, so I don't see him just forgetting about Savior Emma. I think he will want to hold onto that for her and try to bring her back. It was mentioned above, but he did drop that tidbit about leading rescue missions in Sunday's ep. Now that the Jolly is back, I can see that happening.

That's what I would want to happen and what would make sense, but I just can't believe that they're going to have Hook be the one to "save" Emma. He may try, but I still think it will ultimately be Regina, because TS, TW, TRP (I'm adding Their Regina Permaboner to the string).

• Love 2

That's what I would want to happen and what would make sense, but I just can't believe that they're going to have Hook be the one to "save" Emma. He may try, but I still think it will ultimately be Regina, because TS, TW, TRP (I'm adding Their Regina Permaboner to the string).

I still think its Rumpel.  Rumpel will nobly take back the darkness to redeem himself (it has nothing to do with being power hungry).

Actually, I think the writers are bored with Regina at this point as well. They like writing for villains and Regina doesn't fit into their mold anymore. Instead, she gets some pale imitation of a romance. Robin Hood is apparently Regina's reason for living or something.

There are so many stories going on that they aren't able to address any of them. Now they are going to roadtrip to get Robin & Co and Lily while who knows what is happening in Storybrooke - maybe someone gets the Apprentice out of the hat? He turns up at some point before the finale. In their return episode we get Cora back. What does Regina/Cora have to do with anything at this point? How about not adding yet another story to the already busy slate. Nothing is going to be dealt with properly. No way is Snowing/Emma resolved decently because we know they're still on the outs at the goodbyes. The Outlaw Queen reunion will completely skip over all of the ickiness that is their screwed up relationship. Rumbelle/Will is just a mess. Why is Will on this show? Where is August? Where is the Sorcerer? We thought Heroes & Villains was without resolution. I can't see how Operation Mongoose will be any better.

Well Hook did say he was trying to be a better man for Emma, so I don't see him just forgetting about Savior Emma. I think he will want to hold onto that for her and try to bring her back.

And there was the scene where he was avoiding telling her about his past with Ursula because that needed to wait for her centric episode, and she decided that she was going to see the best in him, and he replied, "And I you." I think we were supposed to believe that she'd be the one put to the test when we got to the Ursula episode, but it's looking like he'll be the one who needs to choose to see the good in her, no matter what.

I still think its Rumpel.  Rumpel will nobly take back the darkness to redeem himself (it has nothing to do with being power hungry).

Hmmm. I hadn't considered that possibility. Interesting. It could happen. In any case, I refuse to have any hope that it will be Hook with TLK or something, because it doesn't pay to have hope for good things on this show.

And there was the scene where he was avoiding telling her about his past with Ursula because that needed to wait for her centric episode, and she decided that she was going to see the best in him, and he replied, "And I you." I think we were supposed to believe that she'd be the one put to the test when we got to the Ursula episode, but it's looking like he'll be the one who needs to choose to see the good in her, no matter what.

Not to turn this into a relationship thread or whatever, but she already sees the best in him.  If she didn't, she wouldn't try to get him to see that he has done heroic things, that he has fixed a mistake he made a long time ago or accept that she is his happy ending.

No way is Snowing/Emma resolved decently because we know they're still on the outs at the goodbyes.

What gets me is that nothing seems to be resolved before whatever happens to Emma happens.  

maybe someone gets the Apprentice out of the hat

Do they suddenly remember that he is in the hat?  They don't need to get him out of there until they need him.  And I know it was only in the preview and we're probably going to get more, but am I the only one who really didn't like the Sorcerer being smoke?  I'd like them to put a face on that.  Thanks!

Not to turn this into a relationship thread or whatever, but she already sees the best in him.

Well, yeah, but she'd been wavering in that episode while having doubts about what he might have done to Ursula, especially when he refused to tell her, so it was a turnaround for her when she decided she didn't care and was just going to believe in him. Never mind that she's had that epiphany already before with him. But I think that scene was really about setting up her betrayal by her parents, since them seeing the best in people was what inspired her, and therefore she was more hurt when that turned out not to be true when it came to her. And I'm hoping that his vow to do likewise for her was setting up his reaction to her spinning into darkness, since otherwise it seems odd for him to vow to see the best in someone he already believes to be utterly perfect.

Why is Will on this show? Where is August? 

I had a faint hope that the writer would give Will something to do in 4B. When I saw the Will/Belle kiss, I thought they might explore that relationship a bit. Oh well... As for August, he is hanging out with the other background characters until needed. I don't believe the actor was seen in any of the bts pictures for the finale.

Do they suddenly remember that he is in the hat?  They don't need to get him out of there until they need him.  And I know it was only in the preview and we're probably going to get more, but am I the only one who really didn't like the Sorcerer being smoke?  I'd like them to put a face on that.  Thanks!

I guess they didn't want to cast him the Sorcerer season. I don't know if seeing a CGIed face will be better. But at least we now know that the Apprentice was not secretly the Sorcerer. It would have been nice if there was a mention that Belle and Hook were still working on trying to get the Apprentice out of the Hat.

Edited by Rumsy4

I lurk here most of the time but I just can't let the most recent spoilers go by without protesting.  I could handle a dark Emma for an episode or two but half a season?  No way... I couldn't watch that in real time. 

But maybe it won't even be an issue, because the Charmings are doing a good job of turning me off the show anyway.  Why does this show want me to hate the good guys?  

• Love 1

But Josh said the Big Bad is the worst thing that could happen and will be distressing to fans. So it's kind of conflicting messages at the moment…. I tend to believe Josh more since he doesn't have a long history of problematic spoiler BS.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

But Josh said the Big Bad is the worst thing that could happen and will be distressing to fans. So it's kind of conflicting messages at the moment…. I tend to believe Josh more since he doesn't have a long history of problematic spoiler BS.

It also lines up with other set reports and spoilers we've gotten.  

I was initially excited about this, but now I'm getting worried.  I'm just trying to focus on the fact that hopefully this means people will actually have to fight for Emma for once (maybe we'll even get a real parental reactions from Snowing!) and Hook will hopefully have something to do other than provide backup. 

Well at least we have one definite thing to look forward to next episode: Emma's makeup going back to normal!

Maybe the Author wrote her something about a good lay and a night of sleep to compensate for the whole Cruella business.

• Love 5

Lord knows she needs some to release all this stress. Seriously her last lay was probably one of her drunkin (Her and Hook are something else.) one night stands.

Sadly, no, it would have been Walsh.

Sadly, no, it would have been Walsh.

Until I'm proven wrong, my headcanon is that Walsh used some kind of spell on Emma and Henry and they weren't together for eight month but just for a few day, so, no sex.

I have read a theory that I doubt it's going to happen, but that I would like, and it's that all this "Emma is going dark" is misleading and the one turning dark in the end is going to be Regina and that the line from the last episode about not being her heart the one that needs to be protected was foreshadowing. A&E love her too much to make her relapse, and I really doubt it would happen, but for those sold on her "redemption" to have her as a villain again would be distressing, both the fans and the other characters.

and the one turning dark in the end is going to be Regina

Not sure how it's better than Emma, honestly. Haven't we had enough of Regina going back and forth?

I would still prefer baby Neal for the future evil overlord, but this ship has sailed.

• Love 1

I've seen that theory, too, but it just doesn't fit with the scene of Emma with the dagger. I just don't see it happening. I mean, I'd prefer it to dark Emma, but then next season would just be everybody rallying to save Regina from darkness, and this entire half-season has been about everybody rallying to get Regina her happy ending. No more of that nonsense!

Not sure how it's better than Emma, honestly.

I just think that Regina as a villain is way more entertaining that Saint Woegina, the purveyor of the lightest light magic ever and the only one deserving of a happy ending.

I've seen that theory, too, but it just doesn't fit with the scene of Emma with the dagger. 

I have a problem connecting the dagger scene with Emma being the next villain. Emma seems to be doing something incredibly heroic and brave, sacrificing herself for the greater good. In fact, I think that this sacrifice is going to be the conclusion of the "Emma turns dark" storyline, with her choosing to be a hero no matter what. So, I think that turning her a villain after that would be bad storytelling. But it's TS, TW and they don't really care about anything other than the shiny new toys and the (not so) amazing twists, so who knows.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

I'm not sure she didn't sleep with Hook. It's not the writers bother to show their relationship other than 1 second per episode (maximum).

I know it's the whole I need to see it to believe it, but for sure they've done it.  

408 -- Easy there Tiger, we've got company, I took it as implying that it was sealed an delivered.

417 -- Emma and her one-handed lover (Zelena).  Not boyfriend but lover.  The choice of words is interesting.

I thought OQ had their turn way before the crypt sex, so there's also that.

It would be ridiculous if Captain Swan haven't done it yet.  I'm all for waiting, but JFC, 9 weeks have passed.

I just think that Regina as a villain is way more entertaining that Saint Woegina, the purveyor of the lightest light magic ever and the only one deserving of a happy ending.

Not if she'll inevitably get redeemed and then use her lightest magic ever on the big bad. Who may be Emma, or even Snow, considering how this show rolls.

I thought OQ had their turn way before the crypt sex, so there's also that.

Yeah, me too. I was sure it happened somewhere during late 3B.

• Love 2
Yeah, me too. I was sure it happened somewhere during late 3B.

I thought their opening scene in 3x21 with the wine and the fire place pretty much implied it.  There was also that scene in the bathroom hallway at Granny's.

Snow going dark would be interesting, but I'm on the side that believes that they might want Emma for that because of the whole true love aspect of the dark one's curse when you can apparently just kiss it away like it's a child's booboo.  I really think that's the main reason they would go there with Emma. 

We know Snowing are true love, OQ are pixie dust ordained (I'm not even sure anything regarding a TLK for them is necessary), Rumbelle to a certain extent have been established at true love as well.  I'm typing this and I just hate typing true love and TLK, so I'll stop now.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2