Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)

We don't know what happens to Rumple, but since he doesn't have the dagger anymore, it could mean a number of things.  Maybe they managed to steal the dagger and commanded him to stay in the Enchanted Forest which might track with some of the dialogue in 415 about kicking him out of town.  They put a whole realm between them and him.

My theory is that Rumple uses the heart of the Apprentice (who probably knew Rumple before he became the Dark One) to finally cleave himself from the Dagger. I have a feeling that at least one out of the three QoD will ending up dying. Rumple might use Cruella and/or Mal to power up the Hat. The character of the Apprentice is no longer needed if they intend to introduce the Sorcerer next season. I really like the idea of him being Merlin, and Emma ending up in Camelot.

Heartbreaking spoiler pic of Emma and Hook in the finale.

OMG. Kill me! :-/

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I wonder if Hook and/or Henry will be pissed about Emma buggering off (assuming that is what happens)? 

I think it will probably be more heartbroken than pissed.  Henry sees things as being black or white and he'll probably think that Emma is a hero, that's what heroes do, they sacrifice themselves for the greater good.  Hook, I think he'll understand.  If she's saving the town from whatever, then she's trying to save him too.  Them being pissed sort of belittles her sacrifice for them.

• Love 3
(edited)

That pic :'( .

I don't want them to kill off Mickey the apprentice either, so hopefully that doesn't happen.

They really have the option of doing whatever they want with the dagger powers/rules if it's the case of Rumple successfully cleaving it from him.

Like, no one knows what'll happen because no one's been successful. We only know that the powers transfer to whoever used the dagger to kill the dark one, and that it "apparently" just vaporizes into the atmosphere or whatever if they somehow die not by dagger murder.

They could easily be wrong about the latter.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Well, if the alternative is Regina becoming DO, I can see why they wouldn't risk that...

Well not really. Emma has the strongest magic outside of the Sorcerer and Rump Dark One's magic and his doesn't work outside of the town line while hers does. If she gets to keep hers and the Dark One's as well, it'd be the apocalypse. There's also that darkest heart thing going around. I think she's actually the worst person to be the DO. Maybe a Stop Emma mission would be better than Save Emma.

Do all Dark Ones become hyper and giddy like Rumple?

No because Robert should be credited with the Imp personality. A&E gave him free rein to create it and I don't think they would give that same privilege to JMo. Which means they'll fully be in charge and we all know the standards we should expect on that count.

It's too bad we can't see for sure if there's another name on that dagger in the pictures.

• Love 1

So I just realized that if we go the #FindEmma route next season, it might mean that we won't have a villain or a serious villain for 5A and they might actually focus on the core characters for a change.  

And this is actually more focused on Emma.  If Regina was the one to get the #FindRegina, it would be just the weirdest thing ever.  Robin, Mary Margaret and Emma would be all in while I can see David and Hook dragging their feet being all "eh!  Do we really have to do this?  We'll stay in Storybrooke, hold down the fort.  Enjoy yourselves!"  Not to mention this would do nothing for the ratings.

All the feels.  I am down with this plot, because we can count on JMo and Colin to bring some quality angst.  And this in theory means they'll be front and center next season.  I'm also excited to see what being the Dark One (assuming that's where we're going) actually means when you don't have to go though the "evil" act of killing the previous Dark One.

If Emma leaves the dagger behind, can't they just use it to summon her back?

• Love 1

Man, I wish I trusted the writers to do this justice. It has so much potential. I'm sure there will be a huge rash of great angsty CS fics spawned from it.

But I just worry they'll have CS separated for all of 5A, then wrap it up with a 26-second scene. Because TS, TW.

• Love 3
If Emma leaves the dagger behind, can't they just use it to summon her back?

I don't think she's the Dark One though.  And if she's transported to another realm, then how powerful is the dagger?  Can it actually bring someone across space like that?

I don't think she's the Dark One though.  And if she's transported to another realm, then how powerful is the dagger?  Can it actually bring someone across space like that?

Well, the freaking Wishing Star can.

• Love 1
(edited)

And this in theory means they'll be front and center next season. 

Nah, they will find a way to make it about Regina and her pain. You know what would happen when they are all finally together: Emma would give Hook a quick kiss and then she will go to comfort Regina for all the pain she has suffer.

Anyway, that guy has more pics. This one is great but it makes me feel so bad for Hook, he is there, so alone, without noone to comfort him (some fans on Tumblr would say I'm a terrible shipper because only Emma's pain is important here, because she is the one sacrificing herself, but I feel terribly bad for him too).

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

Still sobbing from that Hook/Emma pic? Sob some more.

JMo's face. :-(

EMMAAA!! NOOOO!!

Ok, I'm going need another live thread for the finale for support. Along with rum, vodka, Ben & Jerry's, etc.

That said, I'm not a fan of relationship angst, but with such a blah mess of a half season so far, I'm sort of happy there is some emotional stuff to look forward to.

Well, the freaking Wishing Star can.

Do you really think they'll make it that simple?  the other thing they can do is skip the search for Emma and go directly to having found her like however long after and then it's the struggle to get back to SB.  Hey, if they do that and send Hook and Emma on their own adventure?  I'll be happy.

I keep thinking about last year's finale and how it ended and this might end.

• Love 3

I do hope someone remembers that Hook has a bad habit of going to a very bad place when he loses someone, and he's just found his way to a good place largely due to Emma, so it wouldn't hurt to pay extra attention to supporting him now. I would hope that he's learned something, but you never know how pain might affect him, and it would be nice if they actually bothered to offer some emotional support. I'd hope Belle would be there, since she did get that rather raw look at his feelings about losing Milah. It's still his responsibility to hold on and act like a grown-up instead of snapping, and I hope that he just becomes really focused on doing something to help rather than falling into the abyss, but it might be easier for him if there's someone throwing him a lifeline or just giving him a reality check every so often.

• Love 4

Oh writers, what have you done. This is CS angst I can get behind. Especially with actors like JMo and Colin at the helm.

At least Regina looks concerned for Emma this time. I didn't expect that.

• Love 2
(edited)

I do hope someone remembers that Hook has a bad habit of going to a very bad place when he loses someone, and he's just found his way to a good place largely due to Emma, so it wouldn't hurt to pay extra attention to supporting him now. I would hope that he's learned something, but you never know how pain might affect him, and it would be nice if they actually bothered to offer some emotional support. I'd hope Belle would be there, since she did get that rather raw look at his feelings about losing Milah. It's still his responsibility to hold on and act like a grown-up instead of snapping, and I hope that he just becomes really focused on doing something to help rather than falling into the abyss, but it might be easier for him if there's someone throwing him a lifeline or just giving him a reality check every so often.

Yes, I wonder how the show will play this. (If they bother playing it much at all, which is never a sure thing even if they have a gold mine to draw from.) Is Hook far enough along that he'll be able to hold onto the light that Emma has brought him, even through his pain? Will he be able to take constructive action in an attempt to save her? Or will losing her just completely break him?

I would not put it past this show to have it be Regina who moves heaven and earth to save Emma while Hook wallows in a drunken stupor on the Jolly doing nothing. I distrust A&E that much. I know, that would make zero sense for the CS story, but, you know why I'm so cynical about it.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 5
(edited)

Well, Hook has shown remarkable determination in the past in the face of overwhelming odds being against him. I think he'll pull it together for Henry and the Charmings and go after her.

ETA: I wonder what might happen if he finds her in some peaceful place and she doesn't want to leave.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 2
(edited)
Yes, I wonder how the show will play this. (If they bother playing it much at all, which is never a sure thing even if they have a gold mine to draw from.) Is Hook far enough along that he'll be able to hold onto the light that Emma has brought him, even through his pain? Will he be able to take constructive action in an attempt to save her? Or will losing her just completely break him?

I think he's someone who needs purpose and a reason to get up in the morning.  Like if she asked him to look after Henry for her and be there for him, I can see him doing exactly that.  If he knows he can find her then that's what he will dedicate his life for.  At the end of the day, she gave him the courage to change and seek redemption, I don't see him going back to that.  It's not like he didn't try before to go back to the person he was and failed at it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I just don't trust A&E anymore, not after Breaking Glass and Heroes and Villains, so I expect the worse from this storyline. The biggest part of the fandom on Tumbr is incredibly excited about this. I've read a lot of "it's going to hurt but imagine the reunion", a lot of "this means 5A would be about Emma and Hook fighting for their love" and a lot of stuff like that. But the only thing I can think it's that A&E will find a way to make it all about Regina, her reaction to Emma's sacrifice and her "pain", while the rest of the characters, the ones that really love Emma, would be sidelined. In another show, with different writers, or even with this writers but without Regina in the show, this would be amazing. But right now, I expect the worse. So

a5a69d74555a36d9bc89eb6231fda9b0.jpg

• Love 4
(edited)

ETA: I wonder what might happen if he finds her in some peaceful place and she doesn't want to leave.

They'll force her back without informing everyone and without checking how she actually is there.  Then, she'll fall into a season-long depression before starting a slightly creepy relationship that manages to infuriate both the people that hate the pairing and love the pairing?  Then someone will make a speech about crayons.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 3

Like a New York redo?  I doubt he forces her into doing something she doesn't want to do.  I think he'll just be content to stay with her.  I'm sort of hoping that if he goes to get her that he doesn't tell anyone.  I hope he hops on his ship and just goes (after stealing whatever he needs from Gold's shop).  Everyone wakes up and the JR is not moored where it usually is.  

David: Well he was never going to stay without Emma anyway.

Am I the only one who is surprised that Hook is the only who voices his opposition in that snippet we got.  We see Snow crying, but she and David don't say anything about what Emma's doing. 

• Love 4
(edited)

This reminds me of the Swan Princess for some reason. The gang go to Camelot to save Emma, then Merlin tells them Morgana is holding Emma captive. After attempting to kill Morgana, Hook realizes that Emma actually is Morgana. Maybe the portal/dagger/whatever or Merlin corrupted her. I don't know.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Do all the couples in the show always need to be hugging in the climactic moments? Sometimes this show can be so romance-centric! After Emma disappears, I hope Snow doesn't go up to Regina and ask her if she's doing okay.

Man... I really really don't want Emma to be sacrificing herself to save Regina. It would fit with her character alright, but what kind of a message are the writers sending? That victims of abusive mass murderers need to sacrifice themselves to give the bad guys a Happy Ending? At least we'll get some amazing acting from Jen and Colin out of this, and I hope this results in some exciting CS adventure in 5A!

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm super late to chiming in on these spoilers but here goes.

Like a New York redo?  I doubt he forces her into doing something she doesn't want to do.  I think he'll just be content to stay with her.  I'm sort of hoping that if he goes to get her that he doesn't tell anyone.  I hope he hops on his ship and just goes (after stealing whatever he needs from Gold's shop).  Everyone wakes up and the JR is not moored where it usually is.  

David: Well he was never going to stay without Emma anyway.

Am I the only one who is surprised that Hook is the only who voices his opposition in that snippet we got.  We see Snow crying, but she and David don't say anything about what Emma's doing. 

Since this has so many potential elements that we have seen in previous seasons, I really hope there is a new "spin" this time. So no "I want to stay here/go back" like New York like 3A, no memory loss like 3A, no Nevengers hopping on the Jolly to save the day like 3A, no almost-half season trying to get missing person(s) back like 2A and 3A. Have Hook be the one who will go to the end of the world for her...alone. Honestly, this is my biggest problem if this plays out how we have speculated because so many elements have been covered before on this show...just two seasons ago and it will seem like a complete retread.

Other thoughts:

Those BTS pics. What are these fictional characters doing to me? FML! Since this spoiler broke, I feel like I've been experiencing the 5 stages of grief.
•Denial: At first,I thought no chance they would spoil such a huge scene when they knew it would end up online almost immediately. They wouldn't give away a huge element of a cliffhanger like this. Also? No context. How many filming pics have been misconstrued and turned out totally different then was speculated once they aired?
•Anger: Yesterday morning I admit to thinking "Nooo! Whyyyyy! Do it for anyone but REGINA!! Maybe now is the time to quit watching..."
•Bargaining: Then I considered that they might write this so angsty and painfully to my lil shipper heart that maybe its better to give up weekly viewing from now until the end of 5A (?) when this wraps up and binge watch before 5B started. Also, maybe giving up spoilers until the finale will make this better. (Here I am so look how well that worked out!)
•Now, depression: JMo and Colin are breaking my heart in those pics I can't imagine what will happen onscreen. These two will kill any angsty scenes they are given and they've proven to knock it outta the park every time. Uggg poor babies! I'm not playing favorites for who I feel worse for Emma or Hook...because it's equally horrible for both of them. So I will be bawling every scene they give me.
•I guess the only step left is acceptance mixed with more reminding myself of the no context element and really not knowing WTF is going on until May.

With all that said, ::knock on all the wood I can find:: I continue to be amazed that these writers--who screw up so much and waste so much character potential--have (for the most part) written such a beautiful, developed story for CS thus far. If they can write a unique storyline and not a repeat their own stories from previous seasons, this has the potential to be a meaty storyline and a welcome change to villain of the arc we've been seeing.

Edited by buildmeupbuttercup
  • Love 1
(edited)

If it's #SaveEmma, part of me actually doesn't want Snow and Charming to go. For one, they don't give two flips about Emma unless they need their butts saved. And two, they should be running the town and taking care of Henry and the baby. Maybe they can do a split storyline with something happening in Storybrooke, then tie it together in the climax.

I can almost guarantee Regina going with Robin in tow. I would actually like Scarlet Beauty to tag along for the ride, even if they're not the biggest Captain Swan shippers. If they go the Nevengers route a second time, they need to bring characters that aren't comfortable with each other. Besides Emma's parental issues, the main cast are just a little too happy with each other for anything really dramatic.

All that being said, we may be assuming too quickly that this is "Emma gets sucked into another world, now Hook has to save her". Could this just trap Emma similarly to the hat or the Nether World? Why is there a portal in the first place, and what does it have to do with the Dagger? If the Dagger has to do with it, then why did Emma drop it?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)
All that being said, we may be assuming too quickly that this is "Emma gets sucked into another world, now Hook has to save her". Could this just trap Emma similarly to the hat or the Nether World?

We're all sort of going on the assumption that the scene filmed in Steveston is the cliffhanger which I'm having some doubts about.  I hope whatever it is has nothing to do with the Netherworld.  I'm still disappointed by Poseidon's look and how sort of weak he was going up against a pirate who basically threatened him twice.  

Regarding the rescue party.  Would Regina go and risk Henry becoming orphaned?  I mean for all they know Emma may or may not be alive.  When they went to Neverland, they had a magic bean, but they hadn't worked out how to get back to Storybrooke until the whole let's capture the shadow bit.

I'm sure all the speculation that we came up with will end up being no where near what the show will give us.  I wouldn't even be surprised if they skip the timeline and do what they did in "Going Home" where Emma is found to remove that suspense, but introduce someone new at the same time wherever she ends up being.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)

I'm sure we'll know what happened to Emma at the end of the episode because we all know Emma's not going to die and they need for JMo and the rest of the cast to be able to talk generally about what's coming up next season. I'm really, really pulling for a substantial time jump. Please give me this. Henry needs to stop being 12.

In terms of searching for Emma, Robin has a young child as do Snowing, so unless they're good with dragging them along on a dangerous journey (and they damn well better not be), they need to stay home.

Am I the only one who is surprised that Hook is the only who voices his opposition in that snippet we got.  We see Snow crying, but she and David don't say anything about what Emma's doing.

David is the first person to yell No! when Emma starts with her He-Man tactics

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1
(edited)
Would Regina go and risk Henry becoming orphaned?

This is the same woman who said he would be safer around her during the Shattered Sight spell. Then later she turned into the Evil Queen and Hook tried to kidnap him. So yeah, if Regina feels like she needs to save her BFF, then she's going to do it. She always acts on emotion more than logic.

Robin has a young child

This is the same guy who went to rob the Dark One's castle, broke into Zelena's stronghold five times, and robbed Maleficent. Everytime he had Roland and Marian waiting for him back home. I don't think he cares either. If Regina is going, he'll follow her like a puppy so he "doesn't lose her again". He'll pawn off his son with one of the Merry Men.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

This is the same guy who went to rob the Dark One's castle, broke into Zelena's stronghold five times, and robbed Maleficent. Everytime he had Roland and Marian waiting for him back home. I don't think he cares either. If Regina is going, he'll follow her like a puppy so he "doesn't lose her again". He'll pawn off his son with one of the Merry Men.

I have to defend him on that first one. The much cooler version of Robin robbed the Dark One to save Marian's and Roland's life. Marian was pregnant with Roland and dying. I got nothing to defend his other actions in his less cool version, but I will add that this version of Robin left his traumatized son with whoever while he was getting drunk and having crypt sex with his mistress. So, he does tend to prefer adventure over parenting.

• Love 2
(edited)

We're all sort of going on the assumption that the scene filmed in Steveston is the cliffhanger which I'm having some doubts about. 

I am assuming it is somewhere near the end at least, because they seemed to do a lot of EF scenes on other 4.22 filming days. Course, they were probably also filming in the studio simultaneously. But yeah, I don't know if it will necessarily be a cliffhanger. I think there is a decent chance they would show us where Emma is, at the very least.

Of course there's so much we don't know: what Rumple is up to and what happens to him; what happens with the author; what happens with Lilly; what happens with Regina and Robin and how he comes back; the full extent of Zelena's involvement; whether the sorcerer is involved at all.  

Edited by retrograde

It's one in the morning and I can't even handle those pictures and I'm feeling so many feels and I love them so much you guys. I am going to be a mess when this goes down. A mess.

Based on her other photos, the full contingent of dwarves and granny were there. Plus apparently all the main cast minus Rumple. And we know Lily was likely there. They're standing on the fake Granny's patio set, so perhaps there is another victory party before everything goes to shit again. Certainly from shooting the other day, they seem to get back to Storybrooke in the day, and the dagger stuff doesn't happen until night, so there must be something in between.

(edited)

I hope so. I'm definitely down to see some Dark Emma, but a whole season (well, half season, more likely) would be overkill for me. Even if the show does tend to forget, Emma is supposed to be the audience surrogate. She's supposed to keep the show grounded to the real world, so I just don't think she'd work as some moustache-twirling (cleavage bearing?) big bad for an extended period of time.

Edited by retrograde
(edited)

I hope DarkEmma is just for the finale, not the whole half season.

Judging by the number of cast chairs, there were a LOT of people filming yesterday.

Emma's funeral? If they think she is dead, I can see Snow orginizing one.

Edited by RadioGirl27