Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

She may have been too far to poof out. Snow was tied up and really far away. There was no guarantee that she'd be able to teleport her out, as per what Regina said about getting Emma out of the water in 3x01. We don't know what the range is.

Probably. It was her love for her mom that got her magic working.

Then how do you explain the fact that Emma's magic manifested itself long before she even knew that Snow existed as a real person, much less that she was her mother?  The lights flickered in the delivery room at Henry's birth because of it, and it manifested itself during her time with Ingrid.

Sequel to "Breaking Glass".  This time Hook and Emma try to convince Regina to go out on a double date with them.

Given Scott Nimerfro cowrote this ep, it will probably be something like that. Or Emma will ditch Hook to go for a walk with Regina and carve their initials in a tree.

• Love 1

Then how do you explain the fact that Emma's magic manifested itself long before she even knew that Snow existed as a real person, much less that she was her mother?  The lights flickered in the delivery room at Henry's birth because of it, and it manifested itself during her time with Ingrid.

I didn't mean it started working for the first time, just that it manifested itself into something more than lights flashing or whatever was worked into the Curse. (The TLK.)

Edited by KingOfHearts

For anyone who can stomach it there's this new article which may be the most eyeroll inducing:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/159341_exclusive_once_upon_a_time_bosses_tease_reginas_pursuit_of_happy_ending/

Some gems:

In addition to more Emma and Regina moments, fans can also expect to see Regina sharing scenes with two other kickass fairytale females. "I am excited for fans to see when The Evil Queen first met Maleficent and we get to learn more about their history," Kitsis said. "And we're excited for Snow and Regina to continue their friendship."

Yay just what we always hoped for the continued Snow/Regina friendship! Why explore the Snow/Emma mother daughter relationship when Snow can cheer her bff Regina up and get her that damn well earned HAPPY ENDING. And compare notes on being dirty cheaters.

We've learned that there's a fine line between good and evil, so we had to ask it: With the Queens of Darkness headed to town, is there a possibility that Emma could be swayed to use her powers as a villain? "I think that we are going to explore that very question in the second half," Kitsis answered.

"For Emma we are going to continue to explore her powers and what being a Savior and those powers mean and all facets of that," Horowitz said, "She's been very close to people who use magic for good, and with Regina it was people who used magic for evil. Even though Regina has been on a path of redemption, with Emma's it certainly has opened up the possibility of many different magical powers."

The optimism that this half season will be even somewhat palatable keeps dwindling with each spoiler.

Edited by buildmeupbuttercup
  • Love 7

"We're not repeating the missing year concept from last season," he said. "It's more about giving some time for all of our characters to breathe in what happened, let it settle, and then see how the events of the first half of this season affected all of them."

Yeah, too bad all of that "taking the time to breathe" and "letting the events settle" from 4A will all happen off screen because it's been 6 weeks since any of the real drama took place. At most, we'll get maybe 5 minutes of "breathing" in the 4B premiere. And there will also be no "seeing how the events affected them" because we've missed the immediate aftermath of the 4A finale. Speaking of the direct aftermath...

Horowitz continued, "Rather than dealing with the direct aftermath of 4A, we’re instead letting the characters grow from that so they can prepare for what they're about to experience. And when a new event occurs at the start of the season you'll see that they're all once again thrown into turmoil and there's a lot to deal with and we're really interested in seeing it play out."

I'm really trying my hardest to not jump on the Adam-and-Eddy-really-suck-at-show-running train, but... holy shit you guys, Adam and Eddy really suck at show running. So, instead of having to write actual character growth and dealing with the issues created from the 4A finale, we're going to skip over all of that because of the 6 week time jump and we're going to fast forward to when all of the characters are totally fine and have dealt with all of their issues off screen. They literally took the easiest way out and are admitting all of the characters' issues have been solved in Offscreenville by the time we come back, and that that somehow counts as character growth.

Maybe 4B will surprise me and be somewhat decent, but only because I'm walking into it with such extremely low expectations.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 7
She's been very close to people who use magic for good, and with Regina it was people who used magic for evil.

What people who use magic for good has Emma been very close to?

The magic users she's been around are Rumple, Regina, Ingrid and Cora, aside from two weeks around Elsa. Regina had that one burst of light magic and Ingrid turned good at the very end. Other than that, Emma's been around exactly the same magic users Regina was.

Maybe we can get a spinoff of the offscreen moments that we don't get to see on the main show.

• Love 3

I'm really trying my hardest to not jump on the Adam-and-Eddy-really-suck-at-show-running train, but... holy shit you guys, Adam and Eddy really suck at show running. So, instead of having to write actual character growth and dealing with the issues created from the 4A finale, we're going to skip over all of that because of the 6 week time jump and we're going to fast forward to when all of the characters are totally fine and have dealt with all of their issues off screen. They literally took the easiest way out and are admitting all of the characters' issues have been solved in Offscreenville by the time we come back, and that that somehow counts as character growth.

This. It's a huge copout. They want to write plot plot plot so this is the easy way to gloss right over those icky, tricky character moments and jump right into what they consider the "exciting" parts. 

Also, the "woohoo!" fangirling tone of the article annoyed me. Probably just my bitterness talking...

• Love 6

Yay just what we always hoped for the continued Snow/Regina friendship! Why explore the Snow/Emma mother daughter relationship

That comment about more Snow/Regina from A&E made me really angry.  They are ruining and destroying a character that Ginnifer Goodwin is so great at.  They're ignoring the awesome chemistry that Jennifer and Ginnifer have, and all the potential the mother/daughter relationship could bring to the show.  At the expense of an unconvincing friendship between attempted murderer and victim, which has been played to death without any logical development or progression.

• Love 6

That comment about more Snow/Regina from A&E made me really angry.  They are ruining and destroying a character that Ginnifer Goodwin is so great at.  They're ignoring the awesome chemistry that Jennifer and Ginnifer have, and all the potential the mother/daughter relationship could bring to the show.  At the expense of an unconvincing friendship between attempted murderer and victim, which has been played to death without any logical development or progression.

I no longer believe the character that Ginnifer Goodwin portrays is Snow or hell even Mary Margaret at this point. The character that has been on my screen for the last season and a half in no way resembles either character we saw the first two seasons.

I saw a meme this week floating around on Tumblr with all of the gifs of Snow speaking the truth to/about Regina and it was amazing. Remember when she called her out for being a monster for massacring the village? Because apparently the writers don't. Could they peacefully coexist for the sake of protecting the town and their grandson/step-grandson/adopted son? Okay whatever. But being excited about them "continuing their friendship"? No. Its actually insulting to me as a viewer of this show since the Pilot.

As far as Mary Margaret, the scenes between her and Emma in Season 1 are heartbreaking considering what that relationship has become.

• Love 3

These spoilers make me SO angry. Not only are they gonna avoid any character growth/reaction/lasting effects from 4A, but the fact they're calling Snow & Regina's relationship a FRIENDSHIP is appalling. How can you be friends with someone who tried to kill you and your family and destroy your happiness for 40 years or so? They're gonna give us more Emma/Regina and Snow/Regina instead of Emma/Snow and it's so unfair and also CRAZY. Why would Emma and Snow have a good relationship with Regina? I really want an explanation that's not "they're heroes so they're forgiving" and "Regina has changed". Because I don't understand how Snow isn't scared of a person who has choked her, burned her alive and ripped her heart out. Any normal person would flinch just from seeing Regina approaching them. I know it's a fairy tale show and there should be some suspension of disbelief, but this is taking it too far. At least have Regina apologize to the heroes and stop making Emma&Snow apologize to her. It's like they're promoting abuse and victim blaming as a good thing. I want at least one interviewer to ask A&E about this so much.

I should probably stop reading spoilers and interviews. It's a good thing I have low blood pressure.

ETA: I'm all for more Emma/Regina moments if it's like the one where Emma cuts down Regina's tree. That kind of moment I'd like.

Edited by MaiLuna
  • Love 7

Yay just what we always hoped for the continued Snow/Regina friendship! Why explore the Snow/Emma mother daughter relationship when Snow can cheer her bff Regina up and get her that damn well earned HAPPY ENDING. And compare notes on being dirty cheaters.

Not only are they gonna avoid any character growth/reaction/lasting effects from 4A, but the fact they're calling Snow & Regina's relationship a FRIENDSHIP is appalling.

Well, even Regina's reign of turmoil aside, she's Snow's freaking step-mother. They're not "friends". The dynamic is totally different. Aside from rivals, there is a whole royal step-family thing going on there that does not involve Starbucks, shopping and talking about boys. Snow and Red are friends. Emma and Elsa are friends. Snow and Regina are not.

"We're not repeating the missing year concept from last season," he said. "It's more about giving some time for all of our characters to breathe in what happened, let it settle, and then see how the events of the first half of this season affected all of them."

So, let me get this straight. You (the writers) don't want to copy a concept you never even used to its potential in the first place, yet you'll use the concept of a time jump to skip over what you don't want to write. How are we supposed to see how the events of the first half season effected them if we're already jumping into another major event? We're just going to get Regina crying into a window about Robin with Emma comforting her, and that's it. I'm sorry, but you don't care about what happened in 4A or how the characters reacted to it. The Queens of Darkness are your new shiny toy, and in 11 episodes they'll be dumped for Ebeneezer Scrooge or Claude Frollo.

• Love 8

How are we supposed to see how the events of the first half season effected them if we're already jumping into another major event? We're just going to get Regina crying into a window about Robin with Emma comforting her, and that's it. I'm sorry, but you don't care about what happened in 4A or how the characters reacted to it.

Seriously. Their idea of "addressing" the things that happened in 4A will amount to a couple throwaway lines meant to catch the casual viewer up and that's it. Basically, there's no way they can avoid making the characters say really clunky lines about events that have long passed.

Emma: Wow, you brought me a grilled cheese sandwich at work! Thanks, boyfriend! Since we call each other that now, apparently. But you should know that these things are really greasy and can really give you a heart attack.

Hook: Well, if my heart can endure The Dark One's torture, I'm sure it can handle Granny's greasy sandwich.

Emma: Don't even joke about that. I was distressed for weeks after that happened. Can you tell me again how Rumple came into possession of your heart to begin with? My memory is pretty fuzzy, even though you've probably told me this story plenty of times over the past 6 weeks.

Hook: No problem, love! Remember when you were going to get sucked into that hat...

David: Ugh, not this story again. I've heard it a dozen times already.

Hook: What's wrong, mate? Has the baby got you up all night and cranky?

David: You could say that. I've been doing most of the parenting ever since Emma and Snow have been taking turns with counseling Regina and making sure she's emotionally okay.

Emma: Oh, that reminds me - it's time for my shift. I'll be right back.

Hook: Hey, has anyone been doing that with Belle?

David: Who?

• Love 5

Is it sad that I'm okay with Snow and Regina interacting and being BFFs if it keeps Regina and Emma at a minimum? Snow's doppelganger has been running around town for a while, so I'm beyond willing to sacrifice her at this point.

Also, the whole vs magic thing, this is where the whole Hook thing comes but I'd think it's something they would have written before the woman embraced her magic and who she is. So Emma = regression in the second half. This sucks.

On a happier note, Adam has posted a couple really nice on location photos of Emma/JMo and Hook/Colin, apparently taken by the current director. 

(There is nothing really spoilery about these to anyone in this thread, but they technically belong here and I figured would be a nice break from that article). 

Well

Katrina Tan @katmtan
Looks like 418 is a cruella centric episode, heard jared and victoria are filming and robert too I think! #OUAT #OnceUponATime

Katrina Tan @katmtan

@OUAT_Source_FR actually no robert! I heard he will be, but confirmed just Jared and Victoria

We know that there's still hope for Regina and Robin Hood to reunite, but our formerly Evil Queen is going to be on a quest to find happiness within herself — and the best way to do that is by tracking down that mysterious author.

My favorite line because This Show.  Regina is going to try and find happiness within herself, but to do that she needs the author?  WTF does that even mean?  She obviously cannot achieve anything on her own and needs people to that for her.  

Honestly, Regina, read Eat, Pray, love or whatever the title of that book was and take a fucking yoga class.  Didn't we just go through a whole thing in 4A about accepting oneself, learning to love yourself and BS like that?  

I hope this quest for the Author blows up in all of their faces.

FML.

Katrina Tan @katmtan

Looks like 418 is a cruella centric episode, heard jared and victoria are filming and robert too I think! #OUAT #OnceUponATime

Well this is ALWAYS a good sign, when Henry is interacting with a villain.  So he gave up his heart to Pan, so what other valuable thing does he have?  They want his heart again, don't they?  The heart of the Truest Stupid.

Again, FML.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Well this is ALWAYS a good sign, when Henry is interacting with a villain.  So he gave up his heart to Pan, so what other valuable thing does he have?  They want his heart again, don't they?  The heart of the Truest Stupid.

Dare I say we are going Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs) and Cruella doesn't make coats out of puppies anymore.  dun. dun. duuun.

I have nothing to say about the article.  More of the same.  I feel like I've said it all before.  Maybe it will be better to watch with lowered expectations. High hopes certainly didn't work for 3B.

High hopes certainly didn't work for 3B.

I think most of us had high hopes for 3B because of the way 3A ended.  It's not because Going Home was such a great episode overall, it was the last 10-15 minutes of it that were great.  Everything else was as they say rubbish.  The way 4A ended grates to no end.  The episode was bad, the ending was bad, so yeah, we are mostly going into this with lowered expectations.  I get excited about spoiler pics and BTS and seeing that picture Adam posted of Emma and all that light behind her which makes her look like the Savior and I'm like oh, I'm excited because Emma and then he posts a picture of Hook that's sort of similar and I'm like oh excited, because Hook.  And there's one of Regina in her vault of hearts and I become all cringy.  Then we get another interview where it's ALL about Regina and oh btw, Emma, well her magic, whatever...but REGINA and my expectations hit rock bottom and maybe they should just stay there.  Of course since she wasn't on all that much in 4A, we need to make up for that.

Honestly, while I agree that no one should be friends with the person who tried to kill them and cast a curse to ruin their happy ending, I'm beyond okay with Snow and Regina being contained in their WTF!Bubble.  

Dare I say we are going Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs) and Cruella doesn't make coats out of puppies anymore.  dun. dun. duuun.

I'm guessing that little jerk is back to his old habits of running away.  I hope he's grounded for life.  I also hear boarding schools in Switzerland are the shit.  

• Love 1

I get excited about spoiler pics and BTS and seeing that picture Adam posted of Emma and all that light behind her which makes her look like the Savior

It makes me think of the X Files.

If they promise me that Regina will stay away from Emma, I'm all for this wonderful friendship between Snow and her (almost)killer.

Since only one parent can interact with Emma at a time and Snow is busy with her new BFF, I'll take Charming.  I've liked him better than Snow lately anyways. 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3

Oh joy. Henry and another villain. Maybe Henry will kidnap Pongo because they need the heart of the truest Dalmatian to find the author. Is it too much to hope that Henry actually dies and stays dead this time?  And let me guess, the peddler is Rumpelstiltskin's long lost brother who was once harshly scolded by Hook's brother, Liam, which made him sad and gives him all kinds of good reasons to be a horrible person.

I'm about this close to quitting this show because the spoilers thus far have been pretty off-putting. However, we've played the A&E pre-season interview game where we've shown that pretty much everything they've said hasn't happened at all like they implied, so I'm willing to give it a try. This show is on a very short leash though. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
However, we've played the A&E pre-season interview game where we've shown that pretty much everything they've said hasn't happened at all like they implied

The only stuff that WILL happen as they imply will be the Regina/Emma and Regina/Snow stuff.  Anything they say especially about character development, payoffs, emotional struggles, seeing your favorite supporting characters again, and the Snowing/Emma family unit will be lip service.

• Love 2
Oh joy. Henry and another villain. Maybe Henry will kidnap Pongo because they need the heart of the truest Dalmatian to find the author. Is it too much to hope that Henry actually dies and stays dead this time?

Probably, but I live in eternal hope that Henry will die. Dead, dead, dead.

We dare to dream, KAOS Agent. We dare to dream.

Edited by FabulousTater

Also, I don't think this was posted, but a few days ago he also posted one of Regina in modern dress in a heart vault. Thing is, as someone pointed out on tumblr, it looks like Cora's heart vault (specifically the kinda "traveling" one she had in 2.08, rather than her one at home seen in 2.05), and not Regina's.

Yeah, that's definitely Cora's. Regina put Zelena's pendant in there. Either she's there for that or someone's heart... or to put someone's heart in that.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Yeah, that's definitely Cora's. Regina put Zelena's pendant in there. Either she's there for that or someone's heart... or to put someone's heart in that.

Oooh, yeah, I totally forgot about that. And in retrospect, it made no real sense for her to put it in there (she has a whole crypt down there; surely it's not full?). In which case, I can only assume she is there for Zelena/pendant related reasons. 

• Love 1

But wouldn't the pendant be empty now since its "essence" left it when Zelena was killed?  I cannot wait to see how they spin this one.  I like how Cora's vault of hearts is still there, the hearts are still glowing and Regina has her own too.  How many people are walking around SB without their hearts exactly?

Horowitz continued, "Rather than dealing with the direct aftermath of 4A, we’re instead letting the characters grow from that so they can prepare for what they're about to experience. And when a new event occurs at the start of the season you'll see that they're all once again thrown into turmoil and there's a lot to deal with and we're really interested in seeing it play out."

Translation: we're too lazy to show you any real character development, so instead we're just going to ff to the next big villain. OOH LOOK, SHINY VILLAINS! AND REGINA REDEMPTION YAY!

From the pics and spoilers we've had so far, the hair, makeup and wardrobe of the villains have more depth than the writing.

• Love 3

For God's sake

I thought things couldn't get more ridiculous, but I was wrong. I'm sure they think the tittle is clever, but no, it's so painfully ridiculous.

Prepare for the ultimate multi-villain victimization.

Yeah, they are not even trying to hide it anymore.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Poor Unfortunate Soul. Sympathy for the De Vil. Unforgiven.

Enter the Dragon.  You know Mal will also have her own sob story.  Because they really can't help themselves.

If you're a villain, own it and just shut up!

It's just an episode title, a play on words. It's part of Adam's job to promote the show.

If you're a villain, own it and just shut up!

The tagline and premise of this show from the very beginning is "Evil is not born, it's made." It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that they will continue to heavily feature the villains' back-stories to show us how they got to where they are now. That's what this show is about and one of the reasons it is successful.

Edited by orzamonium

418 is called sympathy for De Vil

Honestly, its not a bad title if it weren't' This Show.  I'm not surprised they couldn't resist playing off the Rolling Stones.  From Cruella's point of view she is going to think she deserves some sympathy.  So will Rumpel and Ursala and Regina and Maleficent,

The problem is that this is the kind of thing that should be a one-off special episode where the villains get to tell their side of the story because the heroes are front and center for the rest of the series.  But we live in opposite land where its villains whining 24/7 about how they've been wronged.

Can you imagine if OUAT were a show where you could love to hate the villains and getting an episode from their POV was something to look forward to because it was such a rare and delicious treat?

• Love 2
Can you imagine if OUAT were a show where you could love to hate the villains and getting an episode from their POV was something to look forward to because it was such a rare and delicious treat?

I didn't have a problem with either Regina or Rumple.  I'd rather Regina be in full on Evil Queen mode even though she does atrocious things because she is unapologetic about it and so is Rumple.  

And I get the premise of the show which is "Evil isn't born, it is made".  No one is born evil, it's about the path one chooses to follow in life, and yes, you can come back from it.  (But half a season with 4 villains running about town is too much and I get the feeling that the writers have run out of ideas and that's the reason they're throwing all these villains in right now)

I go back on what they've been saying about Emma for the second half and I see where Rumple's comment in 408, you know that scene they inserted can come into play in 4B.  He told her she always does the right thing.  

I feel like Wile E Coyote trying to protect myself from the falling giant rock with the tiniest umbrella in the world.

• Love 2

(But half a season with 4 villains running about town is too much and I get the feeling that the writers have run out of ideas and that's the reason they're throwing all these villains in right now)

If I didn't know better, I'd think they were writing a final season, what with burring three villains at once and bringing back special guest stars from prior seasons.  I have a secret fear that the Author is going to be an A&E cameo (whichever likes being in front of the camera best) ala Ron Moore in BSG, Stan Lee, or Hitchcock.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that they will continue to heavily feature the villains' back-stories to show us how they got to where they are now. That's what this show is about and one of the reasons it is successful.

It's ironic, since they always say the show's mission statement is about "hope" and "love." They should probably just change that to "analyzing the behavior of the villains" at this point.

Is it weird that I'm actually kind of looking forward to Cruella's centric episode? Of the three Queens of Darkness, she's the one who made the biggest impression in the midseason finale, even though she only had a couple lines. She just has a very charismatic aura to her. And of the three new villains, she's the one I could see being the least sympathetic, regardless of the episode title. I'm also generally a fan of Goodman's scripts, so I have that to look forward to at least.

• Love 2

The tagline and premise of this show from the very beginning is "Evil is not born, it's made." 

This is a fair point. But I also agree that when they're putting three villains into one half-season, it could be kinda repetitive if there are three separate episodes all on villain sob stories. Especially with Cruella, it seems like there is so much they could do with her background and so many directions they could go in, it will be a bit dull if it's just another "she had a miserable childhood" story. But I live in hope.

The thing that really bothers me is that we are going to have at least 5 (sobbing) flashbacks trying to justify the villain's actions (the three Queens, Rumple and Regina), while the rest of the characters are going to be sidelined or sacrificed.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2