Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I didn't notice that about Ursula & Cruella. Of course, I haven't really looked that hard at the promo. That's an interesting catch, and I could see that happening. So maybe both sides are sending "double agents" to the other side? (If Regina is hanging out with them for that reason.)

I didn't notice that about Ursula & Cruella. Of course, I haven't really looked that hard at the promo. That's an interesting catch, and I could see that happening. So maybe both sides are sending "double agents" to the other side? (If Regina is hanging out with them for that reason.)

I only noticed by accident. I was fast-forwarding through the commercials on Galavant and I used the 30 second fast-forward jump on my remote instead of the full on fast-forward, and it stopped on the OUAT promo right at that spot.

( I guess ABC doesn't want people to forget OUAT is on back in March, which I find ruins my enjoyment of Galavant. Like, please don't remind me OUAT is going to be back...I'm enjoying this silly, sunday Galavant musical fluffiness and your OUAT promo (a show that mainly delivers 42 minutes of acid reflux and stupidity) is ruining it for me! My fast-forward button failed me tonight :-(    )

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1

I guess the "good" news regarding the whole should he, he shouldn't apologize question is that the show skips six weeks ahead if not more than that, so whatever awkwardness that may have existed between Hook and Belle (which I thought wasn't really there anymore with those two barely scenes we got, the one at the station when she's telling everyone about the worst spell ever that turned into a joke *facepalm* and then when she pulls him away from the mirror) seems to be completely gone according to those BTS we got.  Whatever issues they may have had between them, between him challenging Rumple to choose her and her giving him the Dark One's dagger (I mean JFC, how big is this knowing how bad the history between those two is).

As someone who likes (loves) Hook (I hope they move him away from emo territory), I don't need Belle of all people to validate him (or anyone for that matter) because she's dim or the writing wants her to be completely naive when it comes to love and relationships in general.  Belle spends an awful a lot of time with her nose in her books (I'm not knocking love for books, because I love books) but it's like learning theory on something and then having to apply it and applying it all wrong or trying to fit "real life" into a mold to make the theory work (I don't know if that makes sense).   So Belle, not a reference on anything.  She's sweet and all, but she needs to grow...a lot.

I was happy enough with the egg in your face moment we got when she saw her husband who has a true heart about to crush someone's heart.  You can't save people who don't want to be saved, no matter how much you love them.  Rumple needs full on detox and a real crisis of conscience to go alone with that.

Regarding what Souris brought over that Robert needed a stunt double, does that mean that someone managed to blast the all powerful Rumplestiltskin with magic?  Please let him get his ass magically kicked.  

Actually, I take it back, because I'm sure Regina will fart out some light magic and do the honors.  

• Love 1
...does that mean that someone managed to blast the all-powerful Rumplestiltskin with magic?

Assuming he doesn't immediately get his dagger back, he's not necessarily going to be all-powerful, and it wouldn't take magic to knock him down. Whoever still controls the dagger controls what he can and cannot do, and presumably, at a bare minimum, he'd be commanded not to use magic or hurt anyone with magic once back in Storybrooke.. I've been assuming he's collecting The Queens of Boring in part as magical "muscle." To do the things he's probably not going to be able to do.

The whole Hook-Belle apology argument gets me all stabby. I've never felt like it's necessary for her to apologize to him for anything. She's not responsible for anything that happened between him and Rumpel. Her believing or not believing him is meaningless. And if Hook genuinely believes that she deserved to be beaten or shot or stripped of her memory because he hates the person she loves, that's just who he is, and he shouldn't be expected to feign remorse. Simply because of the quite graphic physical violence he inflicted on her at multiple points in S2, I get a bit queasy when I see spoilers of them sharing scenes together. I would personally prefer to never see them in proximity to each other. But those just become scenes I fast-forward through, and the show becomes ever shorter for me.    

Edited by Amerilla
  • Love 2
Whoever still controls the dagger controls what he can and cannot do, and presumably, at a bare minimum, he'd be commanded not to use magic or hurt anyone with magic once back in Storybrooke..

That assumes that whoever is holding the dagger is also not holding the Idiot Ball. Since Belle and Hook have been shown holding the dagger and both of them are also frequently assigned the Idiot Ball, we can't count on them having taken appropriately sufficient actions to prevent Rumple from doing magic.

Zelena was able to lock up Rumple pretty tightly with her rules, but will Team Hero? We know that Belle just banished him, but put no other rules on him. If he returns and acts before she knows about it, he could do some damage. Belle also does not like using the dagger and always expects Rumple to do better. She may think he has learned his lesson.  Hook knows the Dark One well, so he should put some pretty stringent rules on Rumple (maybe that is what they are calling revenge), but he is so often made to act contrary to what he did earlier, so who knows?

Fundamentally, they will act the way the plot drives them. For so many of the characters, their past acts are not predictors of their future acts. Emma used to be all about creating your own destiny and not letting people tell you who you are, but she quickly accepts Operation Mongoose where some unseen person is dictating our actions and futures. If they need Rumple to have power, he will have power. If they need him not to have power, the Heros will grow a brain.

Note that even Zelena did not have perfect control. Rumple was able to help team Hero find Glinda and escape once.

I do suspect that Rumple/Carlyle needed a stunt man for a blast back. That is one of their favourite stunts. Even powerfully magic people like Cora and Ingrid have been caught unware of a power blast.

• Love 1

There are so many wonderful things Hook could do with that dagger and a bit of imagination. Make Rumple go around for a week dressed as a circus clown. Make him go around Storybrooke on a Big Wheel instead of his Caddy. Force him to sell everything in his shop for a nickle. The possibilities are endless.

• Love 1
Assuming he doesn't immediately get his dagger back, he's not necessarily going to be all-powerful, and it wouldn't take magic to knock him down.

I think there's a BTS where Rumple is actually holding the dagger.  I don't know if he buries it then Belle and Hook take it out or whatever happens.

All I know is whether he's all powerful or isn't, someone should knock him on his butt, then tell him to stay down.

• Love 2

The idea that Rumpel gains control of his dagger within four episodes of being kicked out of town just says that once again the supposedly emotional, game changing ending of an arc will be rendered moot almost instantly. Consequences? This show doesn't know what those are. There's no reason to get invested in any storyline because no matter how dire the circumstances, we know that we'll return to the status quo almost instantly. Rumbelle is talking again? Robin Hood is back already? About the only positive I can pull out of the lame spoilers for 4B is that if Robin's back, the Regina pity party will be limited to only a couple of episodes. Not that she won't find something else to whine about.

• Love 3

They'll be introducing 5A during 418 or something like that.  They got rid of Zelena in 320 and Ingrid was done before 410 ended.  I find anything regarding the second half of this season really difficult to speculate since they have 3 villains and Rumple running around.  Rumple is of course staying.  The other 3?

Assuming he doesn't immediately get his dagger back, he's not necessarily going to be all-powerful, and it wouldn't take magic to knock him down. Whoever still controls the dagger controls what he can and cannot do, and presumably, at a bare minimum, he'd be commanded not to use magic or hurt anyone with magic once back in Storybrooke.. I've been assuming he's collecting The Queens of Boring in part as magical "muscle." To do the things he's probably not going to be able to do.

The whole Hook-Belle apology argument gets me all stabby. I've never felt like it's necessary for her to apologize to him for anything. She's not responsible for anything that happened between him and Rumpel. Her believing or not believing him is meaningless. And if Hook genuinely believes that she deserved to be beaten or shot or stripped of her memory because he hates the person she loves, that's just who he is, and he shouldn't be expected to feign remorse. Simply because of the quite graphic physical violence he inflicted on her at multiple points in S2, I get a bit queasy when I see spoilers of them sharing scenes together. I would personally prefer to never see them in proximity to each other. But those just become scenes I fast-forward through, and the show becomes ever shorter for me.    

You feel stabby?!? Emma nearly froze to death because Rumple couldn't be arsed to help David and Hook in White Out. Belle was standing right there at the time, and didn't so much as say a word to him. Furthermore, she continued to defend Rumple even as he lied to and manipulated her. Nor was she ignorant of who/what Rumple was. Naturally he made enemies, and yeah, she's got a target on her back because of it. No one's really got the high moral ground here, mmm'kay.

• Love 3

BTS photo from Adam. Seems to be a bow.

Oh great, more Robin.

You feel stabby?!? Emma nearly froze to death because Rumple couldn't be arsed to help David and Hook in White Out. Belle was standing right there at the time, and didn't so much as say a word to him. Furthermore, she continued to defend Rumple even as he lied to and manipulated her. Nor was she ignorant of who/what Rumple was.

Not to mention how many times Rumple has lied to, manipulated, used, and deceived Belle...and that was literally the past few weeks in the show's timeline! I understand being weary of seeing Hook around Belle because of things he did two years ago (because there are times when I am as well, as a Belle fan, as much as I do want to see them interact), but one should SURE AS HELL feel the same way when Rumple is around her too.

Edited by Geeni
I think it's noon to midnight EST, not PST.

Why would they give the shooting time in EST? Did they stage Storybrooke yesterday? They have to stage it a day earlier if they are going to shoot that early in the morning.

Hope it's a tad warmer in BC.

Pineapple Express whipped through the area on the weekend warming things up a bit. It's all relative. 6 degrees is warm for Canada inJanuary (42 in Farenheit) and it is sunny in Richmond.

Why would they give the shooting time in EST?

Sorry, my bad, I meant 9pst which is technically 12est.

I'll take 6 degrees in January any day.  I'm heading back to NYC this coming weekend but spent all the Holidays in Mtl and the coldest was -37 and it's -17 and blindingly sunny.  I don't miss Canadian winters.

Is JMo even on this show anymore?  I thought I saw pics of her at a salon opening or something the other day, clearly not in Steveston.  So sad.

It would be interesting if someone actually thought about making sure Gold couldn't get in his shop to get the rest of his magical goodies / plot devices and put some kind of spell in place to prevent his entrance.  Maybe that could be the magical blast back we've been speculating.  I cant see them actually making some actual person in a magical face off powerful enough to blast Gold off his feet.

• Love 1
Is JMo even on this show anymore?

It's not like any of us were under any illusions about what the second half of the season entailed anyway.   My very lowered expectations will make me appreciate certain things a bit more.  But man, this show...all out villains for the second half, plus the honorary villain/hero or whatever Regina is these days.

She was back in LA for about a week recently but otherwise seems to have been in Vancouver on weeksays. I think it's difficult to get an accurate sense of who and what are really being filmed because all we see is BTS photos from cast members and what fans can get from location shoots. That is only a very limited snapshot, and it is also biased towards the fact that guest cast tend to post more photos that regulars. And there are often two units shooting, so even when the trio is filming, it doesn't mean that other cast members arent.

All that said I do think we will get a lot of evil trio in 4b, but I think it's hard to really know how much Enma there will be.

Edited by retrograde

It's not like any of us were under any illusions about what the second half of the season entailed anyway.

I know - it's just depressing.  This is more or less the only show I watch in real time and I just keep hoping hoping hoping that our speculation wasn't accurate.  I always go back to Cindy's recap on TwOP (RIP) where she observed that the show is Emma's fairytale.  I wish A&E would keep that in mind, and that some illicit spoiler-y type photos would surface and affirm that they remember there is a first rate heroine on the show.  One that didn't, you know, murder people.

• Love 4
looks like they're spying on someone. Then Ginny takes out her phone and calls someone

Are we sure that's just not Ginny and Josh working with the rest of the regular cast to figure out why OUAT never calls them anymore? "Are you sure we are still on the show? Twitter says they are filming in Stevenston today. Let's get somebody down there to check on the situation."

• Love 11

I'm not expecting anything from Emma or Hook and Emma until the last episode of the season.  That's how it's worked since Season 2---big Hook and Emma moment half way through "a"--Beanstalk, Neverland kiss, First Date and then a desert until the "B" finale when ---Hook turns his ship around, Captain Swan movie, and...whatever we get at the end of this season. 

I just don't see how, with 4 villians plus the Sorcerer, how we'll get any time with anyone besides Regina or flash back Snowing.  Which flashback Snowing isn't that believable since Ginny doesn't look like season 1 Snow.

Some pics from today. It seems that Maleficent's Storybrooke persona is a gangster from the 50s.

Info from fan about Snowing scene:

looks like they're spying on someone. Then Ginny takes out her phone and calls someone

It seems they are talking about Emma and Regina. 

I'm not expecting anything from Emma or Hook and Emma until the last episode of the season.  That's how it's worked since Season 2---big Hook and Emma moment half way through "a"--Beanstalk, Neverland kiss, First Date and then a desert until the "B" finale when ---Hook turns his ship around, Captain Swan movie, and...whatever we get at the end of this season.

They would share some scenes here and there, no more than 10 minutes in total (and I'm being generous) until the big break up in the finale (because I'm pretty sure they are going to go through a break up this season, like Outlaw Queen and Rumbelle).

Things are getting worse and worse every new spoiler.Rumple has already his dagger back by episode 16.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Things are getting worse and worse every new spoiler.Rumple has already his dagger back by episode 16.

I don't understand. If Rumple has the dagger already, why are the Queens just walking around? Can't Rumple just exact revenge and be done with it? What does he even need the Queens for? If it's fake, then Rumple would have figured that out pretty quick. Maybe he's playing them to think he has the real thing?

Some pics from today. It seems that Maleficent's Storybrooke persona is a gangster from the 50s.

I really like her look. It's unexpected. I'll forgive her new Enchanted Forest wardrobe in exchange for this.

It seems they are talking about Emma and Regina.

It's unlikely, but I hope something happened to them, like trapped in another realm or trapped outside Storybrooke. Not that I haven't had enough horrible Swan Queen scenes already for a lifetime (and then some), but this arc really needs some sort of twist or major event to make it remotely interesting.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I could not be any less excited by 4B even if I were under general anesthesia.

Lana is back on set.

Hmm, somebody asked the person who posted the Rumple pic if Rumple was holding the dagger, and he said Rumple wasn't.

Edited by Souris
[Hook and Emma] would share some scenes here and there, no more than 10 minutes in total (and I'm being generous) until the big break up in the finale (because I'm pretty sure they are going to go through a break up this season

But no worries, given this show, they will be back together again  before the opening credits next season. It will be as if it never happend. Emotional pay-off and consequences don't happen in this Fairytale world.

Rumple has already his dagger back by episode 16.

Exactly. OMG Belle and Rumple broke up! Rumple lost his dagger! Rumple got banished from Storybrooke! Nevermind. Move along. Nothing to see here. It's all been cleaned up in record time. Back to normal. Bring on the next arc where nothing will change either.

It seems that Maleficent's Storybrooke persona is a gangster from the 50s.

Isn't Cruellla working a similar vibe from the look of her car (in the original animated feature, I think it's even earlier). Meanwhile, Ursula seems to be quite a bit more current.

The paper Maleficent is holding in her hands looks like something that might be out of the book.  And Rumple looks like he is wielding his dagger.  I guess Hook was like, I forgive you, if you want world domination, Belle, your happy ending, go for it, the whole heart thing was really no biggie!

Why does Maleficent look like a mob boss? And a little like Old Man from Pawn Stars. Cruella continues to look awesome, even from behind.

Looks like Rumple is holding a piece of paper (edge towards camera). If he has the dagger back so quickly, I will throw things at the screen. I hope that doesn't happen. I have good aim and an expensive TV.

• Love 3

I guess we will be reaching 40 minutes worth of kissing with CS by the end of the season. That's probably what A&E meant in that interview.

On a whole non sarcastic note, the boots Cruella is wearing make me wanna weep of envy.

Emma lives! I like that both Emma and Snow are wearing red jackets/coats. I don't think it's deliberate, but I do like the linkage.

I watched the promo for 4B tonight and was not impressed. Villains, villains, more villains, obligatory Regina coddling, villains and finally more villains. So glad that they're going to focus on the main cast.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

Photos from today. I like what Snow is wearing for once. 

More description of final scene:

But basically what happened was, Emma is sitting on a bench, and Killian walks up to her. She stands up, and hugs him real tight. It’s a looooong hug, they part, and if we saw it correctly, she puts her head on his chest then.

It looked to be a very emotional scene.

can you say anything about the hug scene did it seem like he was comforting her. I also heard that in her solo scene she ran into town and seemed confused or lost. i'm so lost with that wonder what the hell is going on.

to me, it actually seemed like she was checking on him first. like checking if it was really him, and then she hugs him.

but yeah, absolutely a comforting hug.

her solo scene was really confusing indeed. she seemed very confused and yeah, lost too.

And solo Emma scene:

She ran onto the middle of the street looking very confused. Turned around a few times, and then walked away.

She looked to be very confused, almost like she didn’t know where she was, or what happened. We talked about it with a few fans and we think something may have happened to the town. Like it looks different than usual or something. We didn’t see anything different, but when they were filming this scene, they had to do it tons of times, and a few shots whitout JMO, because apparently there were visual effects involved.

Edited by retrograde

More description:

short versions of all the scenes shot in steveston today:

Rumple talking to Regina, Cruella and Malificent. Rumple tears apart a page from the book, then Malificent waves her hand and Regina drops down on the ground.
    Snow recieving a panicked call, looks like she said Emma, but not sure, we couldn’t hear anything. Snowing has an argument, it’s obvious that they don’t agree. (I have a feeling our bad ass Snow is sorta back)
    Snowing fighting. Very agry Snow.
    Solo scene with Emma running onto the street, looking very confused and lost as explained in an earlier post.
    Scene with Emma and Hook on the docks. Emma sits on a bench and Hook walks up to her. She stands up, and hugs him.

Kind of strange. Are the villains changing reality with the book somehow? And only Emma can tell? She definitely looks bedraggled and confused.

I bet Charming thinks Regina is working with the Evil Trio, and Snow is adamant that she's not.

Lord, I expect Regina to come to and she and Emma will have to work together and harness their SQ magic to save everyone.

Edited by Souris