Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So really, the fact that hook tried to make himself a better person and seek redemption, means nothing? His happy ending is ripped from him while the others who haven't done a thing to earn theirs and haven't felt remorse for what they did just poof! Get theirs with no problem! What the f kind of message is this! This show, these writers. I'm livid.

• Love 2

Oh, I know! That's how she survives! Her baby's beating heart is what ensures she's alive because MAGIC! Do it A&E! Do it!

Yeah, and Hook is all, "What about our baby?!" and everyone else is all, "??!!!".

Now that's a real soap opera moment. :)

• Love 3
But is THIS baby gonna be the anti-Christ?

Of course it won't.  It will be all pink, pretty and fluffy.  And no, I'm not talking about a damn cat!

Emma is the anti-Christ according to Snow, so that role has already been filled.

Hmmm another theory that's popped up is the whole scene being a nightmare sequence, which would explain why they didn't try to shield it from view since that's not super spoilery...

I was thinking the same thing. That is way way to spoilery for them not to block it off. Either it's a nightmare or the beginning of the episode. Or something.

(edited)

They generally don't hide the twists.  They didn't hide Rumple killing Pan, and they didn't really block the kiss.  The screen was for lighting purposes, not super secret ending purposes. 

They also didn't hide the EF costumes for the CaptainSwan movie last year, and I'm pretty sure they didn't block the curse being broken at the end of 1. 

I would not assume that just because we've seen it, it must not be that important.  It sounds like a pretty solid set up for next season to me. 

Edited by NotBothered
  • Love 3
That is way way to spoilery for them not to block it off.

They didn't block of Rumple's death and they didn't even film that at 3 am in the morning, so people even doing their banking saw that one.

I'm up for Emma sacrificing herself because I know she isn't dead dead. Just mostly dead. Cue Miracle Max! She's the savior. I'm glad she got to save the day.

I'm not even mad that Hook lost his Happy Ending because this isn't the end. Hopefully, he'll have learned from his last experience and he doesn't backslide as badly (a character learning...imagine that  - I know, it is TS, TW so I'm really putting a lot of faith in miracles). Hopefully, he will pivotal in #SaveEmma.

I wonder what happened to Rumple. I know he'll be back too.

I'll be okay with Regina tagging along as long as they leave the DoucheCanoe (Robin) and the TruestStupid behind. Realistically, one of Emma's parents would stay behind to take care of Baby DoOver, but I doubt Snow will be left in Storybrooke, and Charming, definitely not. That's typically what happens to Belle. Maybe Will Scarlet can tag along with the Nevengers, and Socha can finally get some proper screen time.

Here's my issue with Regina tagging along on this hypothetical mission to save Emma -- she's the mayor of Storybrooke and has magic. If another villain comes to town (which, let's be real, is inevitable), wouldn't it be unwise to have the only powerful "good" person with magic (not including the fairies because they're completely useless), whose job title as mayor is to take care of the town, leave everyone to fend for themselves because she wants to go on a quest to another realm when there are plenty of other people (Hook, Charming, Snow, Belle, Will, etc.) who are competent enough to find Emma on their own? If another monster should come and attack Storybrooke and Emma is gone, wouldn't it be Regina's job to get rid of it? 

I'm glad most of you are rational enough to not become super negative about these spoilers and are waiting to see how it plays out on screen. But personally, I'm going to assume the worst until proven wrong. I'm excited about what this separation might mean for 5A, but I'm nervous about how we get to that point in the finale. I expected some good emotional payoff during the 4A finale, and then got the rug pulled out from under me and never got that payoff. Fool me once, shame on me. But I'm not going to let that happen again.

• Love 3
(edited)

Here's my issue with Regina tagging along on this hypothetical mission to save Emma -- she's the mayor of Storybrooke and has magic. If another villain comes to town (which, let's be real, is inevitable), wouldn't it be unwise to have the only powerful "good" person with magic (not including the fairies because they're completely useless), whose job title as mayor is to take care of the town, leave everyone to fend for themselves because she wants to go on a quest to another realm when there are plenty of other people (Hook, Charming, Snow, Belle, Will, etc.) who are competent enough to find Emma on their own? If another monster should come and attack Storybrooke and Emma is gone, wouldn't it be Regina's job to get rid of it?.

That'd make for an interesting season 5. 5a would be reuniting with Emma, then when they return the town is in ruin from villain #37383872 because no one thought to leave someone behind who could properly defend the town.

That'd get a chuckle out of me.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 2
Here's my issue with Regina tagging along on this hypothetical mission to save Emma -- she's the mayor of Storybrooke and has magic. If another villain comes to town (which, let's be real, is inevitable), wouldn't it be unwise to have the only powerful "good" person with magic (not including the fairies because they're completely useless), whose job title as mayor is to take care of the town, leave everyone to fend for themselves because she wants to go on a quest to another realm when there are plenty of other people (Hook, Charming, Snow, Belle, Will, etc.) who are competent enough to find Emma on their own? If another monster should come and attack Storybrooke and Emma is gone, wouldn't it be Regina's job to get rid of it?.

If Emma is really gone and Hook and others go to find her, it would be a return to basics, no magical folks.  It would be them having to rely on their wits and their skills to find her and bring her home.

I'm down for that.  I think the show really lost its way with magic, magic, magic.  I'd think that Snow would have to stay behind because of her baby.

• Love 2
(edited)

So no new information overnight to make it any better. Emma really does put Regina's happiness above Killian's and her family's. Who wants to bet against me that the season premiere focuses on Regina's pain and guilt over Emma's actions? Honestly, Hook should just take a memory potion to forget Emma, find a magic bean under a rock, hop on the Jolly and skedaddle to some new realm, since he's way down the list of her priorities, somewhere under "favorite mascara" and "grilled cheese." Heaven knows nobody will care enough to console him over his loss. They'll be too busy consoling Regina and assuring her it wasn't her fault in any way.

Henry: "I'm so glad that woman sacrificed herself to save you, Mom! Who was she, anyway? She seemed kind of familiar. Ah, well, whatever, it doesn't matter. Let's have doughnuts!"

(What passes for my humor this morning is hyperbole snark.)

I'll just leave this here:

alan-rickman-table-flip.gif

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2
(edited)

Calm down, people. I don't think she's sacrificing herself for Regina. That link that supposedly proves it just said something is happening to Regina, then it moved on to mention Emma's sacrifice. From other sources, it seems that what's happening to Regina isn't unique to her and that everyone is in danger from it. Everyone's happy endings are at stake, which is why Emma flat-out says "We ALL worked too hard for OUR happy endings for this to happen".

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2

Those are just dress rehearsal photos.

Who wants to bet against me that the season premiere focuses on Regina's pain and guilt over Emma's actions?

Are you trying to hustle us out of our money, Souris? There's no way I'm betting against that.

If Galavant doesn't get renewed for a second season, I hereby decree that the buddy adventure King Richard and Galavant were supposed to go on gets replaced by a Charming/Hook adventure as they go off to find Emma.

Also, since we were denied from seeing Hook's missing year flashback about how he outran Zelena's curse and somehow found Emma in New York, wouldn't this be the perfect time to finally show that on screen? To parallel the current situation at hand? ..............nah. There are far more important villain du jour flashbacks to worry about.

• Love 2
Are we actually going to see Hook in just jeans and a sweater or is this a non-dress rehearsal/runthrough?

If it were at all real, then a lot of stuff would have had to happen in the meantime, considering that he has a left hand that has a wedding band on it. :-) (I don't think it showed in this set of photos, but was obvious in some posted earlier)

And, as usual, there's our hardy Irishman looking totally comfortable in a sweater while everyone else is bundled up in coats.

(edited)

I'll take your bet Souris because not everything is about Regina.  If I'm wrong, I will do a write up and post it in the post show thread telling the whole world that you were right and that I was absolutely wrong.  What do you say?

And we obviously literally know this from the finale:

1.  Everyone goes missing from Storybrooke.

2.  Everyone gets back to Storybrooke from the EF

3.  Rumple is not in the finale (what???)

4.  Emma sacrifices herself.

100 minutes of TV for the finale and this is literally all we know.

Also, when Emma is lying on the ground with Regina and the extras, Henry runs to her and hugs her and Robin goes to Regina.  Where is Hook?  Where are Snowing?  So Emma leaves for a half day to a day to find Lily and we saw the reunion.  She's hugging Henry and then Hook and her parents are there even though she's not speaking to them.  All these people are there.  And now there's just Henry to greet her?

Yeah, something smells.  And this is so far removed from the whole picture.  You know, I can even buy the dream sequence and that it's Hook's because he's been cursed or something like that.  

Are we actually going to see Hook in just jeans and a sweater or is this a non-dress rehearsal/runthrough?

It's a rehearsal.  At this point, they should just give Colin a Canadian honorary citizenship or something.  Everyone is bundled up, but look, the sun is shining, who needs a jacket?

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)

If it were at all real, then a lot of stuff would have had to happen in the meantime, considering that he has a left hand that has a wedding band on it. :-) (I don't think it showed in this set of photos, but was obvious in some posted earlier)

And, as usual, there's our hardy Irishman looking totally comfortable in a sweater while everyone else is bundled up in coats.

D'oh! That's what I get for skipping coffee this morning. I knew it was a rehearsal, but I usually see pictures of them in some part of their costumes. DIdn't even notice the lack of a hook nearby.

Edited by ABitOFluff

Everyone's happy endings are at stake, which is why Emma flat-out says "We ALL worked too hard for OUR happy endings for this to happen".

Except that's not for sure what she said. Several people thought she said REGINA worked too hard for HER happy ending.

Remember, TS, TW.

Crap, I can't seem to combine replies once I've made one.

I'll take your bet Souris because not everything is about Regina.  If I'm wrong, I will do a write up and post it in the post show thread telling the whole world that you were right and that I was absolutely wrong.  What do you say?

3.  Rumple is not in the finale (what???)

We don't know what Rumple is not in the finale, just that he's not in the Steveston scenes.

You're on! On this show, everything IS about Regina.

(edited)

If Emma disappearing/her pseudo-death is the cliffhanger, my vote for the 5 opener is Hook goes on a mission to bring her back.

It could be like a call back to the 3B opener where everyone was like “Oh, well, Emma’s gone. Bummer. ... Let’s build a castle! Yay!” and Hook himself went back to pirating. This time, while everyone does their usual quitter speeches, Hook decides to go off on the Jolly Roger and get Emma back. It could play out something like this:

Emma disappears/dies and the next morning, Hook and the Jolly Roger have disappeared. Fast forward 2-3 years and everyone is living their happy endings and they also assumed Hook went back to pirating. But really Hook spent all this time realm hopping, turning over every rock and stone, looking in every magical nook and cranny looking for a way to get Emma back and in the s5 opener he finds her. Cue rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers, cue Captain Swan!

Lbr, Hook is the only one that will probably bother with getting Emma back. Regina is too self-absorbed and Snowing are absorbed with each other and also a pair of quitters. While they may like having Emma around, Neverland and 3B proved that Emma’s non-essential to Snowing’s “happy ending”. We saw it in Neverland, we saw it in 3B, and recently with the egg!baby flashback we saw that Snowing only do what it takes to save each other, otherwise they throw their hands up in the air and quit — too bad, so sad.

So if Emma’s gone at the end of the season, I would put money on Hook being the one to find her and bring her back. It would be a swashbuckling s5 opener. (Episode two would be Emma and Hook’s adventure to get back to Storybrooke. Though if they were smart they’d just stay far away from Storybrooke and that town full of wankers.)

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1

That'd make for an interesting season 5. 5a would be reuniting with Emma, then when they return the town is in ruin from villain #37383872 becuasr no one thought to leave someone behind who could properly defend te town.

That'd get a chuckle out of me.

Zelena plays Mayor for a week. A police squad of flying monkeys and the mayor's office has new green accent walls.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'll take your bet Souris because not everything is about Regina. If I'm wrong, I will do a write up and post it in the post show thread telling the whole world that you were right and that I was absolutely wrong. What do you say?

As self-appointed unofficial commissioner of this bet, I'm going to hold you guys to this and remember these posts when it's September. (You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.)

Emma disappears/dies and the next morning, Hook and the Jolly Roger have disappeared. Fast forward 2-3 years and everyone is living their happy endings and they also assumed Hook went back to pirating. But really Hook spent all this time realm hopping, turning over every rock and stone, looking in every magical nook and cranny looking for a way to get Emma back and in the s5 opener he finds her. Cue rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers, cue Captain Swan!

I doubt they'd shove all of that into the 5A premiere episode, but I do think the show needs to do a multi-year time jump. They should at least get caught up to whatever age Jared is now. If Emma is indeed in a different realm, I don't think they'll resolve all of it in one episode - it'll probably be the main Season 5 plot. (Although, I guess they did pretty much find Emma in one episode in Season 3...)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
(edited)

Alright!  You're on!  I guess everyone who posts here is the witness to our bet, right?

ETA - Curio just saw your post.  I'm good with that.  we should go over the rules of this bet and who says what just to make sure neithr one of us has a loophole to escape through ;)

I take shit like this seriously!!!

Also, if anyone wants in, we can just make a game of it to pass time, you know because this show is so...no words.

It could be like a call back to the 3B opener where everyone was like “Oh, well, Emma’s gone. Bummer. ... Let’s build a castle! Yay!” and Hook himself went back to pirating. This time, while everyone does their usual quitter speeches, Hook decides to go off on the Jolly Roger and get Emma back. It could play out something like this:

Of course they would go to their lives.  If we've seen anything ever with Hook and if there's anything about him outside of how completely devoted he is to those he loves, is that once he gets an idea in his head, he doesn't have it elsewhere.  If he thinks she's alive somewhere and there's a possibility to bring her back, then there's no way he's giving up.

Adam just tweeted that they are still filming until next Wednesday.

How much material do they have?  And this really does change things a lot.  I thought they were done today.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
(edited)

If Emma is indeed in a different realm, I doubt they'll resolve all of it in one episode - it'll probably be the main Season 5 plot. (Although, I guess they did pretty much find Emma in one episode in Season 3...)

That (the bolded part above) is why I think they would shove it all into one episode at the start of the season. They would never have an entire half-season where people are actually concerned and looking for Emma. But, these writers actully can do one episode that's not about Regina (that's one of the reasons why "White Out" is one of my favorite episodes of s4), it's just that they would damn well never make a whole half-season arc not about Regina. So the writers will cram the search for Emma into an episode or two because if she sacrified herself to save everyone they could at least dedicate one or two measly episodes to getting her back.

Plus, I don't think they would want an entire half-season where Emma is not on screen (I know I sure as hell wouldn't watch it). I know there are some hardcore Hook stans here who want nothing more than to watch a wet Hook sailing his ship and saving puppies, but Emma is still one of the main characters whose story we've been following (along with Regina, Rumpel and Snow) and I have no interest in watching an entire half-season of Hook running aronud looking for Emma. And if this show is still about Emma's story she can't be gone for half a season. That just doesn't work. So Hook searches for Emma for an episode or two, great. Sounds like fun. But an entire half-season? I don't think so.

If Emma's gone at the end of s4, I think they get her back with in the first or second episode and the rest of the season is fight the big bad as usual. They'll probably make the big bad someone Hook double-crossed trying to get information to get Emma back. Like he stole the Big Bad's last super special, magical, bring back the dead flower and now they want revenge.

Adam just tweeted that they are still filming until next Wednesday.

How much material do they have? And this really does change things a lot. I thought they were done today.

Conspiracy theory time: Someone from ABC saw the finale script then called A&E and said "Umm, hey, guys...that season 5 renewal isn't a guarantee. Are you sure you want to end the season with that kind of cliffhanger? A dead Emma?"

Edited by FabulousTater

Rehearsal shots.

Can I just say, and I'll preface this is super mean, that the rundown of pictures made me laugh out loud?

It goes "Captain Charming" (pic of Josh and Colin looking like they're about to bro hug, with Ginny and Jen laughing) and then "Swan Queen" (Lana looking at her script, Jen looking at someone else to her left). Why isn't CC the friendship that gets whole episodes dedicated to it, again?? 

• Love 3

As self-appointed unofficial commissioner of this bet, I'm going to hold you guys to this and remember these posts when it's September. (You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.)

'Tis a bet I'd be thrilled to lose.

I'm actually very intrigued by these spoilers. I don't mind Regina at all. In fact I would miss her horribly if she were gone. Robin, not so much. (snork) Rumple is kind of lost in time and space this season. Very weird, But how can he possibly have a happy ending anyway? He is only happy when he is being dastardly. This season has watered his dastardliness down to low fat mayonnaise so that he is just a condiment player to all the other fifteen minute of fame villains sandwiched into a disjointed tale.

Hook is the angst machine, so they have decided to give him angst out his luscious leather encased wazoo and neglect his snark and smoldering, sassy fun. Well, there is nothing I can do about it. It is what it is. MAYBE if Emma is truly poofed elsewhere, this would give a huge opening to more Jolly Roger adventures and the return of the rapscallion. The potential for Emma and Hook to be a dashing, sarcastic and a flirtatiouslu frisky love duo of derring do has long been ignored in favor of kissy face moments of fangirly sighs and heat strings(which have their plusses but overkill just makes it mediocre)

They have pulled out some good finales out of some pretty blech drek episodic mishmash.

If Galavant doesn't get renewed for a second season, I hereby decree that the buddy adventure King Richard and Galavant were supposed to go on gets replaced by a Charming/Hook adventure as they go off to find Emma.

If Hook freaks out even half as much as he did at losing Emma behind the ice wall, he's gonna need his bro Charming to get him through it!

• Love 2
(edited)

Also, when Emma is lying on the ground with Regina and the extras, Henry runs to her and hugs her and Robin goes to Regina.  Where is Hook?  Where are Snowing?  So Emma leaves for a half day to a day to find Lily and we saw the reunion.  She's hugging Henry and then Hook and her parents are there even though she's not speaking to them.  All these people are there.  And now there's just Henry to greet her?

What if this scene is the aftermath of Emma's sacrifice instead of preceding it?  They don't always shoot in order, right?  so this is Regina's happy ending with Henry happy and Robin with her and screw everyone else?  Emma sacrifices her own happy ending - finding parents, finding love, so Regina can have hers.

Just throwing out a devil's advocate possibility.  I think it's likely Emma's sacrifice is the ultimate or penultimate scene.

Edited by Selina K

Emma saving the day? I'll believe it when I see it. I've been burned there a couple times to get truly excited yet.

I'd rather Regina go looking for Emma than Snow. I couldn't handle another bitchy remark from Snow to Emma about how she forgot about them.

I'd rather Regina go looking for Emma than Snow. I couldn't handle another bitchy remark from Snow to Emma about how she forgot about them.

At this point I think Regina cares more about Emma than Snow does.

• Love 1
(edited)

What if this scene is the aftermath of Emma's sacrifice instead of preceding it?  They don't always shoot in order, right?  so this is Regina's happy ending with Henry happy and Robin with her and screw everyone else?  Emma sacrifices her own happy ending - finding parents, finding love, so Regina can have hers.

Just throwing out a devil's advocate possibility.  I think it's likely Emma's sacrifice is the ultimate or penultimate scene.

I think that scene is them arriving back to Storybrooke after the EF AU. They probably would end up appearing where they were when they disappeared. That's why Emma, Regina and the Aprendice are together. They think everything is fine and then some curse hits leading to Emma's sacrifice.

Here is a short video from yesterday, with the moment Emma makes her sacrifice.

A complete recount of the scene (yes, she does it to save Regina):

What happened on shooting exactly...?! I'm so confused!

ACTION:

Emma is holdig the dagger while her and Hook run towards the middle of the street, (ugh, Ems, did no one ever teacht you to never fucking run with a knife) Charmcharmz, Snow, and Outlaw Queen are waiting. “Did you find it?” Screams Emma, whereto Charmcharmz answers “No.”

Then Robin screams “ REGINA “, and we see Regina being pulled by something, and suddenly she’s up in the air and can’t go anywhere. The wind picks up like hell, which makes is very hard to hear any dialogue. We hear bits and pieces. Something about hope and happiness, but we can’t be sure. We can, however, hear Robin scream “There has to be another way”, and Emma replies with “There is!”

This is when shit gets real. Charmcharmz and Snow are trying to stop her, just like Hook. There’s a small part, where Hook grabs her, trying to stop her in whatever she is doing. At first I thought they might kiss, but they don’t. They do touch foreheads and it seems to be pretty intimate for a little moment. And that’s when Emma steps away, and holds the dagger above her head. The wind picks up even more, and there’s some heavy lightning (they will most likely add thunder as sound effects as well). While this was happening, Regina ran over to Robin and Outlaw Queen cuddles while watching the confusing hell that’s still going on. Then Emma is gone, and the only thing that’s left is the dagger on the ground.

CUT

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

A+ acting in that video. LOL I really don't know what to think about everything. I'm glad Hook is the last one to talk to Emma before she turns into He-Man, or gets her Highlander Quickening, or whatever is happening. I knew there was going to be some CS angst, but I really didn't want them to get separated. And if the reason they are separated is because of Regina, and not to save everyone, I will be flipping tables with the rest of you.

• Love 2

Yeah, the only problem I have with this is that she is doing it for Regina. I don’t mind the angst. I don’t mind Emma sacrificing herself for the greater good. I’m all for Hook going on an adventure to find Emma (even if I would have prefered it to be the other way round for once, with Emma fighting for Hook. Hook has done the giving up everything and going after her twice already). And I would love to see a swordbuckling adventure with Hook and Charming looking for Emma in the EF.

But it seems that she is going to sacrifice herself (taking away Hook's happy ending in the process) so Regina can be happy. This is what I hate about the spoilers, not the angst, not the separation, not the cliffhanger, it's this everything has to be about Regina. Do you remember when Rumple sacrificed himself, Belle was there devastaded and Snow was worried only about Regina? Replace Rumple with Emma and Belle with Hook, and that’s what we are going to get.

• Love 3

So the dagger really is like Thor's hammer.  i didn't get much from the video, she looks like she's summoning the lightning with the dagger more than anything, but holy wind fans, Batman, JMo looks like she's going to get blown by the wind.  

(edited)

Plus, I don't think they would want an entire half-season where Emma is not on screen (I know I sure as hell wouldn't watch it). I know there are some hardcore Hook stans here who want nothing more than to watch a wet Hook sailing his ship and saving puppies, but Emma is still one of the main characters whose story we've been following (along with Regina, Rumpel and Snow) and I have no interest in watching an entire half-season of Hook running aronud looking for Emma. And if this show is still about Emma's story she can't be gone for half a season."

I don't expect them to do it, either, but if they did a half season long search for Emma, they could jump ahead in time, and have the flashbacks be Emma focused, or they could stay concurrent and so sideways flashes to whatever is happening with Emma at that point in time.

At this point I think Regina cares more about Emma than Snow does.

Since Snow cares more about Regina, it sort of all works out in a creepy dysfunctional way. Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

What if Emma is the Dark One and that scene is it. I don't think she stabs Rump but remember when Cora was saying if Rump had died outside of the town line from Hook's poison his power would just go off into the air or something like that? Rump could've successfully cleaved himself from the dagger and the curse, maybe by the author rewriting something and now the curse is just floating around waiting to go into someone and since Emma has the heart with the darkest potential or some such nonsense she's it.

But I've said this before and they need to address this crap, if Snowing got rid of Emma's darkness why the hell are they so worried about her darkness then and why did Chernabog still pick her out?

(edited)

Well, damn. It sounds like that while Emma's sacrifice IS to save everyone, it comes as an alternative to letting something bad happen to Regina that would save everyone. It's an even worse version of the Diner Speech's rationale. And there's "OQ cuddles". DAMN it!

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

Plus, I don't think they would want an entire half-season where Emma is not on screen (I know I sure as hell wouldn't watch it). I know there are some hardcore Hook stans here who want nothing more than to watch a wet Hook sailing his ship and saving puppies, but Emma is still one of the main characters whose story we've been following (along with Regina, Rumpel and Snow) and I have no interest in watching an entire half-season of Hook running aronud looking for Emma. And if this show is still about Emma's story she can't be gone for half a season. That just doesn't work. So Hook searches for Emma for an episode or two, great. Sounds like fun. But an entire half-season? I don't think so.

I don't think anyone is assuming that Emma won't be on screen if she's off in a new realm and separated from everyone else. If the the show does go this route, I could see the writers breaking the half season up into 3 different plots: Plot #1: Emma in [insert New Realm Here. Hopefully, it's Camelot.] trying to figure out how to get back to everyone. Plot #2: Hook & Co. searching for Emma. And Plot #3: Whatever is going on in Storybrooke. Yes, Emma would primarily be interacting with characters we haven't really heard of before, but I think they could stretch those plots out for most of the half season.

• Love 1

I see they've put in the "Stab the Sky" trope.

It sounds to me like there's a portal that Regina could get sucked into, which will get her trapped and ruin her new happy ending once more. This is a direct callback to 4x01, with Emma promising to give Regina her happy ending. Only this time instead of Emma "ruining it" by bringing back Marian, she's insuring it by sacrificing herself. This is a bookend to bookend arc closure.

As far as the Dagger goes... I have to wildly speculate. It could have to do with Rumple's heart or whatever is going on with him. There might be something wrong with the dagger. Maybe the portal is to get rid of it, but it needs some sort of light magic user to go with it? No clue.

Why is everyone surprised? This show is called Once Upon Mary Sue Woegina Fanfiction no? Man watching that video all I could think of was poor poor Woegina. How dare someone try to steal her noble thunder? Victimized yet again by those evil Charmings who try to keep her all evil instead of letting her be good. How will our plucky biggest victim ever heroine ever cope? Stay tuned for S5 folks!

• Love 2
(edited)

This is a direct callback to 4x01, with Emma promising to give Regina her happy ending. Only this time instead of Emma "ruining it" by bringing back Marian, she's insuring it by sacrificing herself. This is a bookend to bookend arc closure.

Yes, and the writers also nicely bookended the scene with Emma telling Hook to "be patient" in 4x01 by having Hook be even...more patient in the finale. 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3
Plot #1: Emma in [insert New Realm Here. Hopefully, it's Camelot.] trying to figure out how to get back to everyone

A [Maine] Yankee in King Author's Court? LOL. I remember there was some Disney movie as a kid where an astronaut or something ended up in Camelot in a "modern retelling" of Twain's story.

Twain should totally be one of the "Authors".

If Emma is only sacrificing herself for Regina's happiness, that is a big spit in the face to those whose happiness is related to her (not that they depend on her to be happy, but would be sad if she was gone). I hope that if Emma is sacrificing herself, it is for everybody.

• Love 2

Yeah, the only problem I have with this is that she is doing it for Regina. I don’t mind the angst. I don’t mind Emma sacrificing herself for the greater good. I’m all for Hook going on an adventure to find Emma (even if I would have prefered it to be the other way round for once, with Emma fighting for Hook. Hook has done the giving up everything and going after her twice already). And I would love to see a swordbuckling adventure with Hook and Charming looking for Emma in the EF.

But it seems that she is going to sacrifice herself (taking away Hook's happy ending in the process) so Regina can be happy. This is what I hate about the spoilers, not the angst, not the separation, not the cliffhanger, it's this everything has to be about Regina. Do you remember when Rumple sacrificed himself, Belle was there devastaded and Snow was worried only about Regina? Replace Rumple with Emma and Belle with Hook, and that’s what we are going to get.

Exactly. Emma sacrificing herself to save everyone? I have no problem with that. (Though, like you, I would prefer disappearing Hook & Emma going after him. It's past damn time for Emma to actually FIGHT FOR KILLIAN LIKE WE WERE PROMISED!) Sacrificing herself to save Regina? Hell to the no.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, and the writers also nicely bookended the scene with Emma telling Hook to "be patient" in 4x01 by having Hook be even...more patient in the finale. 

Hook was patiently waiting for Emma to make time for them to go on an actual first date together. Time to explore if they could be a couple. And they did go on that date (and I'm assuming other dates during that 6 week period we didn't get to see) and now they are officially a couple, in a relationship, and are together. Hook's "be patient" arc has been bookended. That's closed. Where they are at now is the "couple gets separated" section of the story and have to fight for their happy ending together, just like all the times Snow and Charming have been separated in present time as well before they put a ring on it.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wouldn't mind CS splitting/finding Emma to turn out like 2a or even the Snowing EF story (except with obvious differences) back from season 1. I'm still waiting for Rumple to make another true love potion. That stuff seems like it would come in handy.

I vote that if season 5 takes us to camelot, that they use the oh-so-wonderful magic gauntlet to track down Emma (who I guess could be considered Hook's or maybe the Charming's greatest weakness?). That way the gauntlet makes it back to where it came from.

I also vote that they use the Jolly to get to wherever. If they don't have any magical items to take them to different realms, they could try sailing in circles in the Storybrooke harbor and hope that Monstro comes along, swallows them up, and spits them out in the right realm.

The finale is 2 hrs., right? If they're filming til Wednesday, maybe the Emma/Dagger stuff is the ending of the first hour.

*Edited for the billionth time because my touchscreen apparently hates me.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

1. Everyone goes missing from Storybrooke.

2. Everyone gets back to Storybrooke from the EF

3. Rumple is not in the finale (what???)

4. Emma sacrifices herself.

I'm pretty sure Rumple is in the finale, just not in the scenes they filmed yesterday or today.

• Love 1
(edited)
Thw finale is 2 hrs., right? If they're filming til Wednesday, maybe the Emma/Dagger stuff is the ending of the first hour.

It's not really two hours, they're just airing the two final episodes of the season back to back on the same night.

Edited by FabulousTater