Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure it's: Emma gets out of the car, hugs Henry, hugs Hook; Probably!Lily gets out of the car, Emma takes her to Mal; Charming pulls Zelena out of the other car (Regina and Robin also get out here?); Emma returns to hugging Hook; Regina hugs Henry, then speaks to Robin, then takes Zelena from Charming.

I'm guessing there's going to be a whole "the importance of family" message in this episode, and I wonder if it will extend to Emma forgiving her folks, or if that will play out for a bit longer. On the plus side, it could actually be the impetus for her getting her own apartment in 5A.

Maybe the scenes at the docks with Hook and Emma is about this, with him trying to convince her about forgiving her parents. Yeah, I know, two characters talking about some of their issues. That's less possible that Marian being actually Zelena.

• Love 3

Can someone do some Photoshop magic and read JMo's script here?

Even if Snowing actually separated Mal from her kid, I'm gonna call soooo much bullshit on Emma taking HALF A SEASON to forgive them for leaving a RANDOM ASS STRANGER "orphaned" when she took no time at all to forgive Regina for doing it to her (and August, and Owen). WTF.

• Love 1
Even if Snowing actually separated Mal from her kid, I'm gonna call soooo much bullshit on Emma taking HALF A SEASON to forgive them for leaving a RANDOM ASS STRANGER "orphaned" when she took no time at all to forgive Regina for doing it to her (and August, and Owen). WTF.

Strangers vs your parents.  She has no expectations of strangers, but her parents, she's probably expecting a lot more from them that that, because they are better than that.  They are better than Regina and Owen and August.  I think it comes down to expectations.  The people who disappoint us the most are the people we love the most.  I think that's what it is with Emma and her parents at the end of the day.

Glad to see Emma hugging Hook and not kneeing him in the groin.  Do you think he asked her if she missed him?

• Love 4

Strangers vs your parents.  She has no expectations of strangers, but her parents, she's probably expecting a lot more from them that that, because they are better than that.  They are better than Regina and Owen and August.  I think it comes down to expectations.  The people who disappoint us the most are the people we love the most.  I think that's what it is with Emma and her parents at the end of the day.

But Regina is not a stranger. She's supposedly her BFF.

But Regina is not a stranger. She's supposedly her BFF.

But the only expectations she has of Regina is to be a good mother for Henry and to walk a straight line which is basically the reason she is in this whole Operation Who Gives a Fuck in the first place, to keep Regina from sliding back and moping around.  I think this whole thing starts with Henry and ends with Henry, period.

I don't have the same expectations of my friends (they're also nice people, and not toxic like the one who shall not be named), but my expectations of them and the expectations I have towards my parents are two completely different things.

That's the way I see it at least.  Regina can go suck on a lemon.

• Love 4
(edited)

I doubt Photoshop can help with that much, but I think I can make out one of the lines of dialogue.

"Regina: We'll see."

Also, I stumbled across this tweet from Scott Nimerfro that appears to be addressing the Zelena spoilers. Take it for whatever it is.

Edited by Curio

Someone posted a slightly easier to read version of the script here.

I think I can see:

HENRY

Welcome home [indecipherable]

Regina

Thank you, Henry — [indecipherable]

[indecipherable]

Regina

We'll see

This. It's the "I thought we were the good guys" after the Ava/Cora nonsense all over again. It's easier to forgive someone when you don't have any expectation about that person (even if I think that Emma shouldn't have forgiven Regina for everything she has done to her). But Snow and Charming are heroes and that's how Emma has seen them since she discovered they are her parents. So it has to be more difficult to accept that they did something awful.

Now that Zelena seems to be back, I have remembered the needle with the Sleeping Curse that Regina made in the lost year (when she thought Henry was her happy ending) and that Zelena stole from her. So, with whom is she going to use it when she breaks free? Regina or Robin?

So I was thinking, if they were discussing ideas for 4B at the end of 4A does that sound like a short turnaround? This might explain the constant fuckery and illogical nonsense of the show. Take Zelena, lets say "end of last year" was around October/November to be generous, to when Zelena was spotted filming in February right? That's 3 months from discussing ideas to filming. That sounds awfully rushed to me for a non-standalone character or episode. I think that works for a procedural type show but for one that carries ongoing arcs? Yeesh. This might also explain why absolutely nothing happens in the middle episodes. They're just place holders while they think of more fuckery to write for the ending.

Now that Zelena seems to be back, I have remembered the needle with the Sleeping Curse that Regina made in the lost year (when she thought Henry was her happy ending) and that Zelena stole from her. So, with whom is she going to use it when she breaks free? Regina or Robin?

The only way this matters if she decides to go after Regina or Robin is if they're really not true love, but they've already been anointed as such by the fairy dust, so what's the point in her using it on either those guys when the other one is present in town?  I seriously did not expect Robin to be back in SB so soon.

Even when David went under the sleeping curse in season 2, there was absolutely nothing dramatic for me in the whole thing because we knew Mary Margaret would be coming back and giving him the kiss and he'd wake up, so there's like zero drama at all.

Speaking of drama, CS are very drama free and way too happy and completely in love from the looks of it, so me think they're going to be separated by outside forces by the end of the season.  A&E mentioned how we are going to different worlds.

(edited)

Now that Zelena seems to be back, I have remembered the needle with the Sleeping Curse that Regina made in the lost year (when she thought Henry was her happy ending) and that Zelena stole from her. So, with whom is she going to use it when she breaks free?

Ever since they introduced that Chekhov's needle into the picture in early 3B, I've been anxiously waiting for it to come back into play. But, I honestly believe the writers don't care about the sleeping curse needle at all and would much rather introduce some other random deus ex machina into the story. Although, they did prove me wrong with Ingrid's scroll, so...

A&E mentioned how we are going to different worlds.

I thought that was more of a reference to 4B's flashback worlds, like Bald Mountain and wherever Ursula's kingdom is. Although, I would love it they actually meant we're going to a new land by the end of the season.

Edited by Curio

A&E have always talked of seasons as "years", so I really think that they meant the end of 3B in that interview, not the end of 4A. And I still insist on waiting for the episode to see if Zelena really was Marian all along, or if she's just inhabiting her body (Marian was reportedly hospitalized in NYC and Robin seen in Walsh's store, maybe Zelena possessing Marian ends up being the only way to save her.)

• Love 1
(edited)
And I still insist on waiting for the episode to see if Zelena really was Marian all along, or if she's just inhabiting her body

It's not like they did not create precedent with that when Rumple absorbed Neal inside him (it sounds really gross, doesn't it?) 

Regardless of what happens to Marian, she drew the short straw on apparently everything, including that husband of hers.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)

The only way this matters if she decides to go after Regina or Robin is if they're really not true love, but they've already been anointed as such by the fairy dust, so what's the point in her using it on either those guys when the other one is present in town?  I seriously did not expect Robin to be back in SB so soon.

Yeah, but I wasn't thinking about the drama, but about how much they love Regina and how much they would love to give her this TLK moment.

Speaking of drama, CS are very drama free and way too happy and completely in love from the looks of it, so me think they're going to be separated by outside forces by the end of the season.  A&E mentioned how we are going to different worlds.

I've been sure since the beginning of 4A that they were going to be separated by the end of the season, and every new BTS pic with them all happy and in love, makes me more and more sure that something it's going to happen. I just hope it's a physical separation, and not emotional. I wouldn't mind a "Save Hook" with Emma, Charming, Belle (just to piss off Rumple) and Will (if he stays) going to another realm to find Hook while everyone else stays in Storybrooke. That way would be easier to fastforward Regina's scenes.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 4
I just hope it's a physical separation, and not emotional.

I have very serious doubts it will be emotional.  I think it would take something really huge at this point for a break up.  Physical separation is what I was thinking of. 

• Love 2

Because we already know Hook would go the the end of the world for her, but he doesn't know if she will for him. There is only one way for him to be certain...

• Love 5
Would a disguise spell even keep working while Zelena-as-Marian was frozen because of the ice curse? Is a disguise like that a fix it and forget it thing that last even while she's asleep or unconscious, or does it take constant work to maintain?

You thought more about that then the writers have I am sure! However, I think Zelena just "Froze herself," so she didn't have to spend time with boring Robin..the only man on earth to be duller then Charming, and to make "Marian," more of a victim. After they all left she got up cackling evilly and went though Regina's email on her office computer..

• Love 2
After they all left she got up cackling evilly and went though Regina's email on her office computer..

Okay, a flashback like that would almost make that storyline tolerable. They could have one of those montages showing all the things Zelena/Marian was up to while they thought she was frozen.

• Love 3
After they all left she got up cackling evilly and went though Regina's email on her office computer..

And put her on a bunch of mailing lists, and sent embarrassing e-mails from her account to random people. Yeah, that's about the only way this "twist" would be palatable.

Okay, a flashback like that would almost make that storyline tolerable. They could have one of those montages showing all the things Zelena/Marian was up to while they thought she was frozen.

I suppose that would make sense. The pendant needed a body to put its life into, and since Marian had no heart and she was in a coma, I giess her's was "dormant". After Zelena gathered some intel, she probably found out what to do after she was unfrozen. I wonder if she faked the second ice curse to get out of town and separate Outlaw Queen. Maybe she needed something in the wizard's shop, so she had the Hoods move to New York. I bet she was able to switch control between herself and Marian.

I'm crossing my fingers that whatever happens that Zelena somehow turns into Marian / is Marian / was Marian happens while they are out in NYC and perhaps has something to do with the furniture shop. Because if they reveal that Zelena was Marian the entire time they were in Storybrooke, well, that's so illogical that I might have to retroactively go back and throw stuff at my tv screen.

• Love 4
(edited)

I've been sure since the beginning of 4A that they were going to be separated by the end of the season, and every new BTS pic with them all happy and in love, makes me more and more sure that something it's going to happen. I just hope it's a physical separation, and not emotional. I wouldn't mind a "Save Hook" with Emma, Charming, Belle (just to piss off Rumple) and Will (if he stays) going to another realm to find Hook while everyone else stays in Storybrooke. That way would be easier to fastforward Regina's scenes.

I would rather they get separated at the end of 420 and the "Save Hook" thing happens for 421/422. I seriously couldn't stand a whole summer of A&E being all like "who knows if Hook will survive? *winkwink*" and the fandom being all "OMG are they killing off Killypoo?" which we know will amount to absolutely nothing.

This is stupid, but nothing new for Once villains: if Zelena was Marian this whole time, she had 32424 opportunities to kill Robin. For good measure, she could have killed Robin, shifted into him, and been like "hey Regina? I think you suck and I'm choosing Granny over you". For maximum trauma, she should have shifted into *Cora*, killed Robin, filmed the whole thing, and sent it to Regina. OMG, I am so much better at this villain thing than any of them, and I'm currently sitting at my desk in my PJs. This is offensive.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 6

Whether they *planned* it or not, if this is true (and visually is sure seems a certainty) it is distasteful on several levels. Now, I have no problem with the show going into more adult territory and away from uber Disneyesque saccharine mode. I prefer my fairytales edgy and not PG Disney misogynist.  My beef, beyond any morality issues, is the fucking up of the beloved Robin Hood icon. He still is a shallow, weak-spined, jerk. There is no way, in my mind to redeem his skeevy, disloyal behavior.

Zelena was 95% incredibly annoying when she was Zelena and I was glad she was *dead*...and gone. Bringing her back, though in truth could be considered an interesting gotcha twist (even if it is out of left field thin air only-the-writers-think-it-is-brilliant and not playing the viewers)...it sucks.

I am already in eye rolling frustration over the mediocrity of the big bad queens of darkness, There is still wayyyyy too much going on and too little substance.

They are scrambling.

• Love 1

Also, I stumbled across this tweet from Scott Nimerfro that appears to be addressing the Zelena spoilers. Take it for whatever it is.

That tweet fills me with no confidence whatsoever that this wasn't a hastily planned out retcon. The responses on that tweet were not buying it at all.

That he was aware enough of what people were thinking,combined with the incredibly disbelieving responses makes me even more sure this was a last minute switch because their Robin/Regina drama didn't have the wings they expected. It's just a little defensive.

(edited)

Oh, Scott. Doesn't he get that it doesn't matter? Because:

1. even if they did it to be true to their ~creative vision~, it still looks like something they did to un-do the OQ adultery, which is something BOTH Ginnifer and Lana had to answer press questions about.
  2. the retcon doesn't really DO anything to make Robin and Regina not cheaters. Whether or not Marian was really Marian, Robin and Regina THOUGHT she was. So Robin is still a dude who cheats on his dying wife and Regina is still the woman who sleeps with a married dude.

The fake moral outrage from SQ shippers is keeping me warm, though. 

Edited by Serena
  • Love 11

the retcon doesn't really DO anything to make Robin and Regina not cheaters. Whether or not Marian was really Marian, Robin and Regina THOUGHT she was. So Robin is still a dude who cheats on his dying wife and Regina is still the woman who sleeps with a married dude.

This. It doesn't matter if Marian was not Marian but Zelena, neither Robin nor Regina knew it, so the crypt sex it's still wrong (and disgusting).

Adam has posted not one, but two of his annoying script teases. One is from the sneak peek and the other from Henry and Regina.

One hope I'm holding onto is the fact that Marian would have to stay wherever she is in the outside world and not return to Storybrooke because of the freezing thing, so maybe it was a recent, temporary disguise and not an actual switcheroo, and if she's in a hospital, or something, they'd have to bring Roland with them to Storybrooke. We still don't know if Robin will stay in Storybrooke or leave again, but if he does leave, then the quest for the Author won't be a big case of "oops, never mind."

I also believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, and I'm not only going to get a pony for my next birthday, but it will be a unicorn pony.

• Love 1

It doesn't matter whether Marian is in hospital room or not, Robin still left her.  I do love that the whole adultery thing is a no go.  I didn't think I could hate a character as much as I hate Robin, but hey, I absolutely do. 

• Love 1
(edited)

This is all I got:

Regina: Thank you, Henry. ...?... (I thought maybe it said "Par for the course?" but that sounds odd)

Henry: So far. It can change.

Regina: We'll see.

[someone, maybe Regina] eyes Zelena with ?

Can't read the rest, but I think Zelena or Regina says: I would if I could.

So that wasn't very helpful or exciting!

Edited by pezgirl7
(edited)

This is what I have.

?: "_____, I heard. Oh, _____ ... you know."

Regina: "Thank you, Henry. For (for?) this _____"

Henry: "So far. It can change."
Regina: "We'll see."
Robin eyes Zelena with ____.

Robin Hood: "You _________ off? ____."
Regina: "I would if I could. _____"

Edited by KingOfHearts

This is what I have.

?: "_____, I heard. Oh, _____ ... you know."

Regina: "Thank you, Henry. For (for?) this _____"

Henry: "So far. It can change."

Regina: "We'll see."

Robin eyes Zelena with ____.

Robin Hood: "You _________ off? ____."

Regina: "I would if I could. _____"

Sounds like every boring conversation they've ever had.

This would make for a fun Mad Libs exercise. :-)

I'm pretty sure that's already one of the methods The Dementors (aka, the writers) actually use for writing episodes.

They may call it "writing stories", but in the rest of the world it's known as Drunk Mad Libs.

• Love 6

Robin asking Regina something regarding Zelena and Regina saying "I would if I could" still makes me think that this is the real Marian and Zelena just has control over her body and has shapeshifted into her own appearance, similar to Rumple and Neal.

If that's the case, then maybe Emma should be the one to take care of that since she managed to split up Rumple and Neal.  She knew very little about magic when she did that.  Not that she knows a ton more about it or anything like that.

I don't know, the way it's done might be different. It likely has to do with both Zelena and Marian's meeting in the past and whatever Robin Hood was scrounging around in Walsh's shop for. At this point I think Marian will be in danger of dying, the flashback with Zelena will link to some MacGuffin Robin needs to save her, and then the twist will be that the MacGuffin "saves" her by having Zelena possess her. I would not be surprised if it's just Christie Lang at first, acting as Zelena (ala Jared Gilmore's "Panry") and we only change to Rebecca Mader when they enter Storybrooke and the effects of magic can be seen.

• Love 1

Zelena placing an ad on Storybrooke Craigslist...."My evil queen needs to be tamed..have black leather dress (about 30 of them) and a dwarf fetish..the Grump-ier the better if you know what I mean...though more then willing to wake up Sleepy  and have Doc examine me! Into office scenes, crypt scenes, kitchen scenes..well just about any scene you can think of. Turn the table on me and put me under YOUR spell. Discretion assured!"

• Love 1

You know, since Zelena has the magic binding cuff around her wrist, then I hope there's some kind of a set up for this as opposed to Regina or Emma being all, oh wait!  Look what I had in my coat pocket!

Stupid Belle is , I heard. Oh, Yoda I am... you know."

Regina: "Thank you, Henry. For (for?) this dead bluebird. But you were supposed to pick up a pizza. I knew mixing your DNA with Mr. Kibbles was a bad idea...

Henry: "So far. It can change. Look what happens when I do this!" Emma:  PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON THIS INSTANT!
Regina: "We'll see. I'll probably just get bored with this whole "reformed" schtick and skin you all alive, but who knows?"
Robin eyes Zelena with unadultered lust. "Wow, you're even more bold and audiacious than your sister! Wanna meet my Merry Man?" Zelena:  No thanks. I've heard way too much about Little John."

Robin Hood: "You flipped Baby Do-Over off of a roof? No ice cream for you, Roland!"
Regina: "I would if I could. Well, I can. But I would if I wanted to. Which I don't. Screw you all. I'm going to Maui. Deal with the Poisonous Helllizard Demons yourself, losers!"

• Love 1
 crypt scenes,

Maybe she did post that ad and  Robin read it.

If that's the case, then maybe Emma should be the one to take care of that since she managed to split up Rumple and Neal.

Neal and Rumple both had bodies and the "parasite" (for lack of a better word) wanted to be removed from the host. Zelena does not have a body and may not want to be removed from her host.

I could tolerate Zelena inhabitating Marian after she left Storybrooke  (even if I have to fanwank how that is possible in the land without magic) because it is so much better than the Rube Goldbergian plan of Zelena always being Marian.

Although, if anybody has a right to complain about unhappy endings, its Marian. She has apparently done no evil and is even cool about her husband wanting to be her murderer's new boyfriend, but she's almost died of some wasting disease, been captured and executed by Regina, knocked on the head by Emma, frozen by Ingrid, infested by Zelena and had to live with Robin. What has she done to deserve all of that?

• Love 5

I could tolerate Zelena inhabitating Marian after she left Storybrooke  (even if I have to fanwank how that is possible in the land without magic) because it is so much better than the Rube Goldbergian plan of Zelena always being Marian.

Well if Walsh can turn into a flying monkey in the Land Without Magic, I don't see how some contrived object in the Wizard of Oak couldn't put Zelena's essence in Marian.

Robin Hood: "I found this lovely emerald necklace in the vault of a furniture store."

Marian: "Oh Robin! Even though you don't truly love me, it's nice to get gifts. Why is it glowing?"

Robin Hood: "It's probably like those glow sticks we found for Roland in that convenience store we robbed last week. There's no magic here anyway, so I'm sure it's fine."

Marian: "It's... *visible face expression change* wicked."

Robin Hood: "Huh?"

Marian: "Oh, um... just adjusting to the language here. It's rad."

• Love 1