Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

The bottom of the photo says "OCT 84" so I'm assuming some time in October. When were they filming these last two episodes? Would that align up with the filming timeline?

I think all the photos Josh takes/posts have that at the bottom. It isn't related to filming, it's just like his signature.

I think all the photos Josh takes/posts have that at the bottom. It isn't related to filming, it's just like his signature.

Ah, well. I stand corrected! (I still think the photo might have been taken some time during the finale, though.)

I think it was probably taken during the finale just because neither the Apprentice nor the fairies are listed in the press release for 4.10, and it would be weird for the portal door to still be around in 4.12. But I suspect the OCT 84 thing is just part of some faux-vintage smartphone app camera thing.

ETA: Based on these tweets, I'm going to assume Hook shows up at the station with a highly nutritious lunch. Sweet, but dude needs a job.

(Also, gotta give JMo credit for her persistence on Twitter. For someone who receives a lot of really nasty and unwarranted hate, she really kills them with kindness.)

More ETA: Georgina Haig just tweeted this photo (which also has the Oct 84 thing) from 4.11 filming. At the mansion, with JMo and Jared. Seems like half the town might end up there.

Edited by retrograde

ETA: Based on these tweets, I'm going to assume Hook shows up at the station with a highly nutritious lunch. Sweet, but dude needs a job.

Maybe Ruby is back (one can hope, right?).

More ETA: Georgina Haig just tweeted this photo (which also has the Oct 84 thing) from 4.11 filming. At the mansion, with JMo and Jared. Seems like half the town might end up there.

Hey, maybe the mansion can be Emma's new digs. GIRL NEEDS HER OWN PLACE.

A scene breakdown of what was filmed yesterday:

1st scene: Cruella and Ursula getting chased by Emma and David

2nd scene: MM and David loading stuff in the truck and Emma comes.

3rd scene: Cruella and Ursula coming out of Granny’s and walks passed Hook and Emma (who was on their way to Granny’s) and then David comes out to talk to Emma.

4th scene: Mr. Gold by himself

5th scene: Mr. Gold, Belle, and Will

I wonder what they're going to do with Will without Robin around? Perhaps he will strike a deal with Gold in pursuit of ... whatever he's in pursuit of. I guess attaching him to Rumbelle makes as much sense as anything else. He and Hook and Emma don't get along, so he can't hang around with the crime fighters, and I can't see him and Regina hanging out. Doesn't really leave many options without Robin there.

Edited by retrograde

I love how we go from it's really, almost impossible to cross realms, to having a door between the Land without Magic and Arendelle.  It's like stepping from the living room into the bedroom.  This show is too much sometimes.  I hope the door is destroyed so that Robin is trapped on the other side.

• Love 3

I could see it playing out where Robin decides to do the "honorable" thing and travels back to the Enchanted Forest with Marian's frozen body to save her life. But he tells Regina right before he leaves that he will come back for her because their "love" is "true" and then we can get a regurgitation of the show's thesis statement: "I will always find you." Sigh.

Then they can have separation angst for a couple episodes while Sean is off filming his movie. 

• Love 1

Given Sean is away for at least the first two eps I don't think he chooses Regina at first. But I would guess something either brings him back or brings her over to the EF.

I wonder where Roland is going to end up. It'll make Robin look even more terrible if he abandons Marian and Roland in the EF to come back to Storybrooke for Regina. He'll still look terrible if he leaves Marian in the EF and brings Roland to Storybrooke with him. The best option is for Regina to go to the EF with the Hood family never to be seen again. Given how this show goes, though, they'll find a way to shuttle Roland back and forth between Storybrooke and the EF every other weekend so that Robin gets his parenting time.

Edited by prospazzinator
  • Love 2
I love how we go from it's really, almost impossible to cross realms, to having a door between the Land without Magic and Arendelle.  It's like stepping from the living room into the bedroom.  This show is too much sometimes.  I hope the door is destroyed so that Robin is trapped on the other side.

Lets not forget that we find that some people are inherintly magical...and that magical things, like a magic ship and hearts and scarves can work in the Land Withouth Magic!

On the EW website they have an article where they talk about the viewers being sick of the tired curse plot this show uses, and JM defending it, rather badly I must say...(what are you going to do..she doesnt write the show but her bosses do..) Anyway, there is a bunch of people bitching about the stupid writing and the plot holes and this travel between realms is just one of the things.  But then they have people loving it "because its a fairytale " and "Why watch it if you think its stupid.." and I think its Adam and Eddy!

Stephanie Platts ‏@stephanieplatts  Dec 1

@AdamHorowitzLA @KalindaVazquez Gold wants to cross the town line with Belle and Henry, but won't that erase their memories?

Kalinda Vazquez @KalindaVazquez

@stephanieplatts keep in mind he has a lot of magic up his sleeve...

The memory barrier is still in place? What? Couldn't they have thrown a line in there somewhere during all that discussion about escaping town then? And how far back do they lose it? The missing year or from the original curse?

I hope that door involves more than just the Frozen crew getting back to Arendelle when they could just use the wishing star.

Cruella's going to be a weird villain but she looks pretty awesome. Kudos to the casting and wardrobe dept. How can Emma not have seen the movie and comment on it? They can't wave this away like Frozen and I'm going to call BS if they claim Emma hasn't seen 101 Dalmatians.

The memory barrier is still in place?

I'm pretty sure it's not.  Why else would they need to frozen wall as a plot device if they had the memory barrier?  Especially when the memory barrier, in my opinion, would have been a much better plot device.  If people had to decide between staying in Storybrooke and becoming their worst selves, hurting and maybe trying to kill the people they love, and leaving and forgetting said loved ones and their entire identity and past -- well, that would be a real conundrum, wouldn't it? 

Edited by fourteenwords
  • Love 4

The memory barrier is still in place? What? Couldn't they have thrown a line in there somewhere during all that discussion about escaping town then? And how far back do they lose it? The missing year or from the original curse?

Yeah--weird!! Will Belle turn into Lacey? And why would Henry's memories disappear? So, all this time, it wasn't just the flying monkeys and ice walls keeping people in?  

Couldn't they have thrown a line in there somewhere during all that discussion about escaping town then?

That's because I don't think they actually think things through.  I mean hey lets send everyone over the wall.  So basically there are still only 3 people who can cross the town line without having any problems, Emma, Hook and Henry.  Charming complaining during Whiteout that they are once more trapped in town.

This is like the whole heart situation and Hook not telling anyone about his heart because we didn't see Gold speaking and giving orders while holding the thing in his hand (this I personally don't care because we know how heart control works). 

• Love 1

I wonder what they're going to do with Will without Robin around? Perhaps he will strike a deal with Gold in pursuit of ... whatever he's in pursuit of. I guess attaching him to Rumbelle makes as much sense as anything else. He and Hook and Emma don't get along, so he can't hang around with the crime fighters, and I can't see him and Regina hanging out. Doesn't really leave many options without Robin there.

Or Operation Red Queen is now a go?

I think it was the questioner who was off on asking about Henry's memories, but I would have thought the writer would have caught that in answering. Henry has left town repeatedly (to go find Emma, to New York to find Neal, removed from Pandora's box in Pan's body over the town line, then living in New York for a year) without losing his memories because he was born in this world, outside Storybrooke. Rumple doesn't need magic to save his memories. Belle might be an issue, but they came up with ways to preserve or restore memories, so that's not even a real concern anymore.

Why would Rumple help him? And if it's to get back in Belle's good graces, maybe he shouldn't be hanging out with Ursula and Cruella.

Sorry, I meant to just quote the first sentence. Maybe with Robin gone his mission regarding Anastasia will kick into gear. It's got nothing to do with Rumple. :P

So when the ice wall's gone, are a team of henchmen going to patrol the border? Horace, Jasper, Flotsam and Jetsam?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Maybe they all just assumed they would take an enchanted item with them over the ice wall that would allow them to keep their memories? Who knows, I'm not going to over-think it - the writers clearly didn't.

Sneak peek 1: Snow, Charming, Anna and Kristoff

This is like the whole heart situation and Hook not telling anyone about his heart because we didn't see Gold speaking and giving orders while holding the thing in his hand (this I personally don't care because we know how heart control works).

Someone asked Kalinda Vazquez about this, and she confirmed that Hook can't tell Emma anything because Rumple has his heart and wouldn't allow it.

Edited by RadioGirl27
I wonder where Roland is going to end up.

I hope they leave Roland in the Enchanted Forrest. While the kid actor is too cute for words, he's already grown a year in the last week of Storybrooke time. Time churns slowly in Storybrooke and he's soon going to be the only 5 year old who shaves. Henry is getting hard to believe and at least he's 12.

Plus, Marian deserves some happiness and Robin is a complete douche so she wins in my book.

The memory barrier is still in place?

When they took Panry to the town line, didn't Rumple have his Bae scarf since he was planning on also stepping over the line? Emma and Henry were the only ones who did step over the line - nobody else tried. I think the Memory Curse is still in place because it is imposed by the World Without Magic and not the Curse. It keeps the curse contained. I don't know why they keep coming up with new barriers, but maybe its just so they don't have to explain why everybody isn't  runing to the town line all the time to create memorycide whenever there is a new curse. Perhaps that is why the dwarves were guarding the town line under the new curse?

People who can leave Storybrooke right now would be Emma, Henry, Hook, Rumple (with his Bae Scarf), Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and perhaps the Snow Queen. If Tink is here this time, she was cursed here.

• Love 1

I really hope the episode digs into some meaty drama between the characters after they do all this comedic stuff. How am I supposed to take this "deadly" curse seriously if the actors are just going to ham it up for the camera?

• Love 2

I really hope the episode digs into some meaty drama between the characters after they do all this comedic stuff. How am I supposed to take this "deadly" curse seriously if the actors are just going to ham it up for the camera?

Doubtful.  On the plus side, Snow didn't mean her tearful sorry over Cora's death.  And I'm mighty fine with that.

• Love 5

So, does this curse reveal what they are truly thinking deep down, or just "twist" what they say so that it's hurtful?  I mean, because if Snow's truly NOT sorry for axing Cora, I'm right there with a high five and a "hell yeah!"  None of this mamby-pamby, she didn't have a heart so she was just misguided and couldn't love crap.  She was a ruthless manipulator, who (like her bold and audacious daughter) had no qualms about killing any and everyone.  She needed to be offed in a bad way.  So, right on cursed Snow.  Right on.

• Love 7

LOL..yes let's keep "cursed," Snow! And finally we found out she wasn't sorry for killing Cora..(who is like the bestest Once villain ever but truly deserved to be offed.) "You still want to hold hands and sing Zippidy Do Da?" LOL.

The Charming actor really shows his weakness when trying to play anything but the nice cute, boring guy.

• Love 1

Oh my gosh. Snow trashing Anna was just hilarious. "Still wanna hold hands? Sing zippity-do-dah?" I guess those who think Anna is too happy Heidi got their voice.

(She wasn't actually wasn't sorry for Cora's death? Yay!)

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm loving Shattered!Snow. Can we keep her? Looks like this spell is going to be played for laughs, with no lasting repercussions, just like we suspected. :-p

Well, if we get things like Snow not feeling sorry for defending her family, then it'll be worth it to me! But yeah, I agree. It'll be introduced and over with in the same episode. Regina's sword fight will be the "climax" of it, putting the Frozen stuff aside. Snow is more like Human Snow than "Evil" Snow.

Has Regina been in 4x12/4x13? I'm wondering if she actually goes to the Enchanted Forest.

TV Line interview with Ginnifer Goodwin

Taking my response to the adultery question to the Morals thread.

It, like everything else on Once Upon a Time, will make sense

Um... no. Just no.

Edited by KingOfHearts

There's a lot of talk about Regina and not a single mention of Emma.

It's frustrating but what I've come to expect.

I'm weary of more Snow in 4B too. I just expect the worst where her character is concerned now.

• Love 1

I have to say that after rewatching this week's episode, if Belle's in a scene with Rumple in a future episode (which is what they're apparently shooting), it better be the scene where she hands him the divorce papers or asks what time he's likely to be away from home so she can pick up her stuff. Or better, to tell him what would be a good time for him to come pick up his stuff before she changes the locks. This arc has made me feel sorry for her and even a little sympathetic, but if she sticks with him after this and still believes in his good heart, I will lose all sympathy and respect for her.

• Love 3

Yeah she filmed in Steveston for 4.12, seeing Henry off at the bus stop and driving and doing magic with Emma.

Alright, thanks. Wasn't sure if that was 4x11 or 4x12.

but if she sticks with him after this and still believes in his good heart, I will lose all sympathy and respect for her.

The words that come to mind are "too stupid to live". Where's natural selection when you need it?

I do think someone will have to go to the EF or another world at some point in 4b though, as 4a was basically all Storybrooke other than Frozen flashbacks.

I'm hoping another world is incorporated in the 4B present. Not to ditch Storybrooke completely like in 3A of course, but Storybrooke has become increasingly bland.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I thought the interview was fine, she answered the questions that were asked.  He didn't ask any questions about Snow and Emma.  His focus was on this next episode for the most part which will pit Snow and Charming and Snow and Regina against each other.  Emma's going to be too busy hanging out with temporary BFF Elsa to worry about what's happening with Snow.

I think everyone's sight is restored by the end of the episode and the only cliffhanger will be what's happening with Hook and Rumple.

• Love 2

I actually think Robin will be off-screen for a while. They have THREE villains in Storybrooke plus Rumple, there's no need to go in the EF present really. He may be in some flashbacks, but I don't think anything more.

I have to say that after rewatching this week's episode, if Belle's in a scene with Rumple in a future episode (which is what they're apparently shooting), it better be the scene where she hands him the divorce papers or asks what time he's likely to be away from home so she can pick up her stuff.

I'd say there's about about a 75% chance Belle and everyone else gets mind-wiped (because, um, magic) and Rumpel's ability to switch the dagger at will (because, um, magic) assures that Belle and everyone else doesn't find out about it or any of his other fuckery so far this arc, and thus the status quo is maintained.

There's a 25% chance that she'll kick him to the curb for a period neatly coinciding with Carlyle's need for a light schedule in early 4b to promote his new movie, and eventually let him back in owing to the 99.999% chance Belle already has a Rumpel-bun in the oven.

• Love 2

I'd say there's about about a 75% chance Belle and everyone else gets mind-wiped (because, um, magic) and Rumpel's ability to switch the dagger at will (because, um, magic) assures that Belle and everyone else doesn't find out about it or any of his other fuckery so far this arc, and thus the status quo is maintained.

There's a 25% chance that she'll kick him to the curb for a period neatly coinciding with Carlyle's need for a light schedule in early 4b to promote his new movie, and eventually let him back in owing to the 99.999% chance Belle already has a Rumpel-bun in the oven.

I heartily agree about the mind-wipe, since that is second only to the heart-rip as a sure thing in an arc.  Then again, we've already been treated to a couple of them this season so far.  But still, I like those odds.

Claire, I mean Belle having a by-bee is pretty darn likely too because a) her fertility has been mentioned, b) what the hell else can they have her do without being almost as invisible as Ruby, and c) Rumple will shortly need a new reason to live. 

Well, if there could be any more ways to make Rumbelle even more abusive than it already is, it's this.

in early 4b to promote his new movie, and eventually let him back in owing to the 99.999% chance Belle already has a Rumpel-bun in the oven.

Even if she is pregnant (which God please no), it wouldn't mean she would have to go back to him at all. A baby does not a terrible relationship fix. She would be a badass single mother, honestly.

c) Rumple will shortly need a new reason to live.

You're right. I forgot that the relationship is all about Rumple and how things affect him, not even Belle a little. So it will happen.

I do think someone will have to go to the EF or another world at some point in 4b though, as 4a was basically all Storybrooke other than Frozen flashbacks.

Well, we WILL have to see Maleficent and Ursula's tragic backstories, so we'll likely get the EF in those flashbacks at least.

• Love 1

I have never really understood people who say "I'm just going to fast forward those parts" about upcoming or potential storylines, but Belle bearing Rumple's spawn might just do it for me. I cannot imagine something I would want to watch less on this show.

• Love 3

I heartily agree about the mind-wipe, since that is second only to the heart-rip as a sure thing in an arc.

This show has played it to death, but it would be neato if someone mind-wiped the whole town. Maybe everyone thinks no time has passed, when its been like months. Then there's this big mystery to solve... Oh gosh, there I go again with the Missing Year should-have's.

Well, if we can make it about 10 years or so, there's an excuse to age Henry! At this point I'm desperate to replace the kid with an adult.

Edited by KingOfHearts
Belle being pregnant is like a reward for Rumple for being the worst person ever.

Yeah, a man who went back on his word and let his son go alone to another world, who then murdered his wife for leaving him, who has seriously considered murdering his grandson to try to prevent a vague prophecy, and who is deceiving and undermining his current wife while plotting to allow all her friends to kill each other is not exactly father material. I think a Belle pregnancy plotline would be my last straw with this show. I'm not even sure I could bear to watch a memory wipe where no one realizes what horrible things Rumple's done. Though that would explain how Hook seems to be happy and at ease in the bits from the future episodes instead of dealing with serious PTSD.

Hmmm....but if there is a mind wipe, would Hook and Emma's relationship not be set back a bit? And it doesn't appear to be based on spoiler pics. Guess it depends on how far back it reaches.

Edited to add: Although I guess it has been established that mind wipes can be pretty specific, i.e. Emma's picture with the Snow Queen in Storybrooke, which she did not remember.

Edited by OnceUponAJen