Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I assume that there is no town line anymore and everyone could leave if they wanted to. The fact that both Zelena and Snow Queen had to put up boundaries around the town--flying monkeys and ice wall--suggests to me that there's no natural incentive for people not to leave (ie memory loss). Plus if Snow and Charming were trying to find Emma, it makes sense for them NOT to bake in a town line to Curse 2.0.

Also, the curse that Regina needs to cast is one that finds her self-respect again, because Dick Hood is the tooliest of tools and she needs to drop him stat.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 4

Oh, now that's an interesting thought and would make a lot of sense. They keep saying they're going to address that on the show, but I have my doubts they actually will.

I figured they would address it when one of them got hit by ice magic.

If you're near W Hastings and Granville, they're filming something that needs "New York City" buses, and 30+ yellow NYC cabs. #Vancouver =)

Granville and Hastings is the area where they were filming the Snow Queen door. Maybe that is relevant or they just like filming in that area.

A lot of the New York filming generally occurs around Gas Town nearby (and the "Flat Iron" look-like building)

Edited by kili
I could see that happening. Because that clip makes it seem like he's this close to just saying, "Screw it! Let Marian die. I love you Regina! You should be okay with this decision since you were the one who originally killed her!"

I know. That's what they show us to promote the show?

I hope he shows up everyday with a boom box over his head wailing that he can't get over her bold and audacious booty.

Okay, they need to steal that idea from you.

I do not get this character's motivation at all. Either be with your wife or don't be with her. This is 10 times worse than the David/Mary Margaret thing in Season 1. At least that David was cursed and didn't make constipated faces all the time - and they built a love story for Charming/Snow we cared about in the Fairybacks.

Seriously, can't one of the Merry Men give this damp rag a pep talk and tell him to stop moping all over town? This is not the guy who Belle freed from her prison. I'm convinced that Rumple may have not shot him that arrow, but he certainly cast some "douchebag" curse on him.

• Love 8

It sort of makes sense though that DQ would be gone since I don't see Elsa going back to Arendelle while her crazy aunt is running around Storybrooke still.  I wonder how they're sending the Frozen trio back home though.  I always thought Hook got screwed over if he exchanged the Roger for just one bean.  Or there's that door we know nothing about.

• Love 1

Ugh. As much as I knew it was coming, I'm still kind of disappointed. It would be nice to have something actually invested in the good vs. evil fight. But so far with these half seasons, we've had three baddies all die in the end (or whatever happens to the DQ). What's the point if we all know how its going to end?

Edited by sharky
What's the point if we all know how its going to end?

This is fast becoming one of the major problems with the half-season format, imo. If the show did interesting things with its principal characters in the meantime, let them grow and evolve and mature and really plumb the depths of their (totally messed up) relationships, it would be one thing. But since I know THAT ain't happening and everyone will be reset at the end of the half-season, and the baddie isn't going to stick around/cause any permanent damage, what incentive do I have for watching?

• Love 4

What's the point if we all know how its going to end?

Yeah, it's pretty absurd. That's why they need to revert Rumple or Regina to full villian so we always have a permanent baddie.

From TVLine

Two weeks ago, Once Upon a Time‘s Lana Parrilla posted a picture of herself and Robert Carlyle in the mayor’s office. Please tell me Regina is back to being mayor! –Teresa

When will we see more Regina-centric flashbacks on Once Upon a Time? –Fred

Hey, everyone, watch me kill two birds with one scoop: Yes, you will see Regina be mayor again… in an upcoming flashback, to when Regina held the Storybrooke office and met the Snow Queen for the first time.

It seems that everyone knew the DQ but noone remembers.

So if no one remembers... This is like Zelena and 3b all over again, except they're actually pulling off the mystery part a lot better.

So the DQ was stalking Emma in NY possibly? That's creepy.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3

It seems that everyone knew the DQ but noone remembers.

It could also be that they knew who she was as the person she represented (Sarah Fisher), but didn't know who she was exactly.  Rumple would have remembered her once Emma arrived in Storybrooke, and Regina doesn't give a hoot about the rabble.

It would be funny if DQ was the one who put the Storybook in Mary Margaret's closet. That would explain its sudden appearance, but would still leave the mystery of who wrote it unsolved.

• Love 1

I just hate the over-reliance on these memory wipes.  It's incredibly lazy on the part of the writers.  Two villains in a row?

I've said this over and over.  Groan.  As bad as the heart-ripping.  Major lack of creativity.  There are probably at least 2 incidents of wiping/losing/trying to regain memories per episode now.  Regina has a heart-protecting spell, I want someone to come up with a memory-protecting one.  Asap. 

• Love 3

I have to agree, repeatedness is going to kill this show which ducks because I want it to last long as possible. I'm still holding out that DQ doesn't die but gets regulated to a background character because her motives aren't necessarily murderous. They kept Bo Peep around....

• Love 1

From the interview: "Old habits die hard," Parrilla teases, when asked about Regina's upcoming reversion to her malevolent alter ego...."Something happens where she's kind of just out of control," Parrilla reveals.

Hmm... I presume this is for the "Heroes and Villains" episode? I hope this isn't because Robin Hood is dead. I can't stand Regina whining about another dead boyfriend for the remainder of the Show. 

I never found heart ripping too lazy. At least it made the show feel more dangerous than the memory wiping does.

And yes, they should bring Bo Peep back.

Either that, or they need to bring back anti-magic cuff links, because other wise all future villains have to have magic in order to be a threat to Rumple, Regina, or Emma.

I hope this isn't because Robin Hood is dead. I can't stand Regina whining about another dead boyfriend for the remainder of the Show.

They won't kill Robin. They promised him a flashback in 4B. And really, is her whining about a boyfriend worse than actually seeing them on screen PLUS whining?

• Love 2

EM's "You got me!" was wonderfully delivered!

Quote: I felt it more come from a place of sadness and pain that she missed out on that with Henry, and that her parents missed out on that with her, and that was something they were never going to be able to reclaim. It feels tragic. The things that rile her up the most seem to come from a sadness of the things that have been lost and sacrificed, and the pain that she’s not dealing with in those sacrifices and those losses.

And yet, no one can call out Regina, Rumple or Neal for being the direct causes of these tragedies. 

And really, is her whining about a boyfriend worse than actually seeing them on screen PLUS whining?

You have a point there! :-p

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 4

If Elizabeth Mitchell finished up earlier this week, who was driving the evil ice cream truck yesterday?

Perhaps it was a shot of the ice cream truck driving around and they didn't need to show its driver. Or maybe Elsa inherited it and became the Snowcone Queen.

vkMpGBN.jpg

Either that, or they need to bring back anti-magic cuff links, because other wise all future villains have to have magic in order to be a threat to Rumple, Regina, or Emma.

The cuffs used on DQ in the sneak peak may have anti-magic properties.

• Love 1

JMo interview about 407.

Henry, in particular, hopes to keep his mother in check, but may find himself in danger as a result. “She doesn’t want to do anything to cause him pain,” Morrison says. “He’s trying to help her, but in pushing her, she ends up being pushed out of control. The more he pushes, the more he puts himself in danger. It’s a terrible feeling to know that the person you truly love the most in your life in that moment is in the most danger around you. It makes her just want to get rid of her powers entirely. She’d rather not have any powers than have the possibility of hurting Henry or anyone else she cares about.”

Someone please put a muzzle on Henry. 

Yeah, it's pretty absurd. That's why they need to revert Rumple or Regina to full villian so we always have a permanent baddie.

1. The heroes would look terribly if they went season after season unable to defeat the same baddie.

2. TONS of shows use seasonal Big Bads that inevitably die at the end of the arc ("Buffy", for example). Why is it a problem now?

Edited by Mathius

the Snowcone Queen.

Ha!

Hmm... I presume this is for the "Heroes and Villains" episode? I hope this isn't because Robin Hood is dead. I can't stand Regina whining about another dead boyfriend for the remainder of the Show. 

I saw a scan from the print edition on Tumblr the other day in which a TV Guide writer was talking about being present for the Storybrooke reuniting scene, so I assume that was probably the same set visit? That was for 4.10 "Shattered Sight", I think. My guess is that the mirror thing turns Regina "back" into the Evil Queen. 

Someone please put a muzzle on Henry. 

Yeah that kid desperately needs some friends his own age, and to get out of his mother's personal lives.

1. The heroes would look terribly if they went season after season unable to defeat the same baddie.

2. TONS of shows use seasonal Big Bads that inevitably die at the end of the arc ("Buffy", for example). Why is it a problem now?

Honestly?  Buffy did it much better in my opinion.  Plus Buffy had the monster-of-the-week usually and the Big Bad was a slower building arc that stretched the whole season, with them making progress and suffering set backs over that time.  Sure, inevitable Buffy and the gang prevailed, but it usually felt earned instead of pulled out of their you-know-whats.  

:-)

With Once, it's the good guys running around chasing their tails right up until the last minute, when the totally contrived solution is plucked from thin air.  It feels cheap and makes it seem like the show is just treading water until the last episode of the half season.

Edited by angelwoody
  • Love 7

Buffy did it much better in my opinion.  Plus Buffy had the monster-of-the-week usually and the Big Bad was a slower building arc that stretched the whole season, with them making progress and suffering set backs over that time.  Sure, inevitable Buffy and the gang prevailed, but it usually felt earned instead of pulled out of their you-know-whats.

With Once, we tend to see the Big Bad kicking ass in a fairly non-violent, no real consequences way, there's no real progress on defeating the Big Bad, just lots of randomly running around, then inexplicably, the heroes win.

With Buffy, there were going to be casualties like Jenny and Tara (sob!) and Joyce and extras died, and stuff happened to people.  The heroes won some and lost some, but they learned something each time, they had plans, and they had long range plans.  And when they defeated the Big Bad, it felt earned because we saw a real journey, not some random meandering that happens to suddenly get you where you need to be.

And there were real authentic emotions and emotional and psychological ramifications of what happened to the characters.  And when good guys did bad things, they paid the price.  And when bad guys did bad things, they weren't treated as good guys.

• Love 3

I agree season-long big bads are great if done right (Buffy) but I think this show doesn't always do them right, for the reasons angelwoody outlined. One thing this show did do right for awhile was have sort of "dormant" villains as part of the main cast -- Rumple, Regina, and Hook to a degree -- where the good guys weren't necessarily looking to "defeat" them, but the audience never knew what they were going to do next and just how dark they would go. That's why I'm glad Rumple is back to his old ways. It's exciting to have an unknown quantity like that in the town, instead of everyone in Storybrooke on the side of good, with malevolent outside forces that periodically come in only to be defeated in time for the next one.

• Love 2

I think Once has way too many characters for a villain of the half-season to work well. Season, yes, I could see it, but 11 episodes is just not enough for everyone to get their spotlight. So we get a lot of plot with barely any character development.

With Once, we tend to see the Big Bad kicking ass in a fairly non-violent, no real consequences way, there's no real progress on defeating the Big Bad, just lots of randomly running around, then inexplicably, the heroes win.

With Buffy, there were going to be casualties like Jenny and Tara (sob!) and Joyce and extras died, and stuff happened to people.  The heroes won some and lost some, but they learned something each time, they had plans, and they had long range plans.  And when they defeated the Big Bad, it felt earned because we saw a real journey, not some random meandering that happens to suddenly get you where you need to be.

And there were real authentic emotions and emotional and psychological ramifications of what happened to the characters.  And when good guys did bad things, they paid the price.  And when bad guys did bad things, they weren't treated as good guys.

I think you really nailed the key difference.  There are absolutely no lasting ramifications to any "arcs."  There are no journeys or casualties or consequences.  All magic comes with a price my ass.  Nothing ever really changes so the stakes never really feel that high.  That's one of the reasons why for me, I focus so much on the writing.  I am not getting sucked into the story along with the characters because I can always see the "strings" being used to manipulate everything and everyone to the predetermined endpoint.  

Edited by angelwoody
  • Love 2

I don't mind them killing off DQ, cause I don't want them to ruin her ala Cora. Or maybe she can be packed off to Arendelle with the rest of the Frozen crew and drop in to visit her foster kid. Then they can also name drop Frozen and its characters and advertise it that way even if they're not there.

Are we getting a scene of Elsa/Emma with the magic tips session or will this purely be a one liner dropped right before they storm up the stairs?

I hope we get a scene of DQ and Snow. Maybe while everyone's busy trying to defeat her, Snow can sidle up to her and be like "psst you have anymore of Emma's paintings or those creepy videos?"

Edited by Jean
  • Love 2

Scan of EW blurb on 4.08. Guesses on the "unlikely source"? (Not relevant, but the Jeff Dunham blurb below also made me laugh).

Emma: "Mr. Gold, I need to remove my magic. Anything that can do that? A kiss curse or something?"

Rumple: "Well, um, funny you should mention that..."

And just like that, Rumple's plans fulfill themselves with little to no effort. As for the unlikely source, since she was the "unlikely source" for the curse in 3x19, I'm guessing it's Snow.

Edited by KingOfHearts
I think Once has way too many characters for a villain of the half-season to work well. Season, yes, I could see it, but 11 episodes is just not enough for everyone to get their spotlight. So we get a lot of plot with barely any character development.

I think 4A has been the best they've done to date of balancing the Half-Season Villain's backstory with the core cast, but it's a delicate balancing act that can easily go wrong. Just look at 3B, where 3 of 11 episodes were devoted to idiotic Zelena. But yes, the problem is also just that Once has too many characters in general.

• Love 1

If Elizabeth Mitchell finished up earlier this week, who was driving the evil ice cream truck yesterday?

According to some people on Twitter, they're apparently using the truck to tote props and equipment now, so it was just there for logistics, not for filming.

Am I being too cynical to think that this filming pic tweet of Lana's is in direct response to Jen's tweet yesterday of her, Colin and Jared? And, of course, her calling it "a family affair" made me Marge Simpson growl. Yes, let's just ignore/erase Marian completely....

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
I think 4A has been the best they've done to date of balancing the Half-Season Villain's backstory with the core cast

I agree up to a point (Snow hasn't been utilized well at all, but considering how butchered her character is right now, it's a blessing), but I still wouldn't call this season well-written from a character standpoint, simply because of how contrived their actions are. But yeah, most of the cast at least got something to do, even if the stuff they got was completely idiotic.

• Love 1

Am I being too cynical to think that this filming pic tweet of Lana's is in direct response to Jen's tweet yesterday of her, Colin and Jared? And, of course, her calling it "a family affair" made me Marge Simpson growl. Yes, let's just ignore/erase Marian completely....

Something tells me OQ is back together, judging by Regina's clothing. In 3B she wore brighter blues and reds after she got together with Robin. And for Roland to be there, too...

(Yuck. Just yuck.)

Edited by KingOfHearts

Something tells me OQ is back together, judging by Regina's clothing. In 3B she wore brighter blues and reds after she got together with Robin. And for Roland to be there, too...

(Yuck. Just yuck.)

....kill me. kill me now.

Marian has died and on her deathbed given Woegina her blessing, because instead of trying to kill her, Woegina has selflessly tried to save Marian. Holy water has once again been poured (in buckets; giant, dump truck sized buckets ) upon Woegina and absolved her of all of her sins. *Praise be to the writers*. Though Woegina's attempt to save Marian was unsuccessful, Marian sees the purity of St. Victimus' soul. The bonfire of Woegina's light and goodness gives Marian a final gift -- she's been allowed to look upon the blessed face of Jesus Regina before peacefully departing this mortal coil. *Praise be Woegina, Hallowed be Woegina*.

(I wonder how flammable the writers room is at this point? What with all the candles they've lit at St. Victimus' altar, it's gotta be like a bonfire by now. I mean, it's gotta be so huge that it's a fire code safety violation by now. I bet you can even see it from outer space.)

• Love 4

I'm hoping that's not what happens.  I hope Marian is still alive and decides that she doesn't want that philandering, no good whatever he's supposed to be.  She asks someone to spot her some money and goes to Divorce R Us, we're here if you want to get rid of your douchebag law firm.  I really want this to be Marian's decision that she's dumping him. 

ETA -

Looking at that preview.  Does it look like that ice thingy that DQ sent Emma's way actually hit her or did she dodge it?  If it hit her, it could explain even more why Emma loses control on top of being goaded by DQ.  So far, everyone seems to be dancing to her tune.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

If Marion must die, it's probably too much to hope for for Regina to emulate Hans, and be this close to saving Marion before deciding to let her die, then go to Robin with a sob story about how she tried to save her but it was too late.

She'd do this because she'd have found out that if she wants her happy ending, she'll have to put in some effort herself to get it. She'll have learned this from Henry, who through his job at Rumple's shop has realized that Rumple didn't need to coerce any fairytale authors to get his happy ending, he just did it himself.

Of course, what neither mother nor son will realize is that Rumple's 'happy ending' is built on lies and is going to come crashing down soon. What will happen when Robin finds out the truth? Find out next season!

Ah, who am I kidding? But a man can dream, right?

• Love 1