Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Mathius said:

Remember, Channing Dungey didn't let them kill Charming, she's not going to let them end on an unhappy not for the finale.

Channing Dungey was not the head of ABC when A&E wanted to kill Charming.  I think she was working for ABC back then, but doubt that she alone had the final say.  Still - I hope you're right!

25 minutes ago, Curio said:

So, we're basically repeating the exact same scene we've already seen earlier from the midseason finale and the other numerous times we've seen flashes of it in Emma's visions...

I really hope this isn't the final "epic battle."

Emma clearly survives though so there's a big plus about that. She may just not have magic anymore.

9 minutes ago, cappoe said:

Emma clearly survives though so there's a big plus about that. She may just not have magic anymore.

Yes, but we've also seen a carbon copy scenario of this fight where Emma and Gideon battled it out on Main Street and Emma survived and her family rushed to her. This one she just happens to get stabbed and then survives and her family rushes to her. I just wish they were a little more original or saved the Emma/Gideon battle for the finale instead of throwing it into the spring premiere. All I'll be thinking when I see it play out on screen is, "Wait, haven't I watched this before?" 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

If Emma had taken her heart out of her chest and she's stabbed in the heart -- would that explain her being stabbed but getting up? Does Gideon poof away after stabbing her?

OK, the second video with the hug is clearly between the cast, it's not the characters hugging Emma.  She gets stabbed, filming stopped.

If we get proof of a scene filmed where Regina is on the ground, I will officially eat every hat I own.

First video is very clear what happens. Gideon stabs Emma, but she gets up later. Apparently after TLK from Henry.

I'm not sure about that.  TLK breaks curses, it doesn't cure mortal wounds.  Unless the stab is somehow a curse.

And again, JMO/Emma getting up doesn't seem to be part of the episode filming.  We know Emma survives due to the daytime filming and the fact that there is still more filming to go tonight, but I don't think she just gets back up immediately after being stabbed.  Something else happens first.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mathius said:

OK, the second video with the hug is clearly between the cast, it's not the characters hugging Emma.  She gets stabbed, filming stopped.

If we get proof of a scene filmed where Regina is on the ground, I will officially eat every hat I own.

I'm not sure about that.  TLK breaks curses, it doesn't cure mortal wounds.  Unless the stab is somehow a curse.

And again, JMO/Emma getting up doesn't seem to be part of the episode filming.  We know Emma survives due to the daytime filming and the fact that there is still more filming to go tonight, but I don't think she just gets back up immediately after being stabbed.  Something else happens first.

The earlier rehearsal video clearly shows Henry kissing Emma's forehead before she gets up. It was just Jared's stand-in last night, apparently (understandable given his hours are limited and he filmed multiple scenes earlier yesterday), so maybe they're waiting to film that bit until Jared can be on set again.

20 minutes ago, Souris said:

The earlier rehearsal video clearly shows Henry kissing Emma's forehead before she gets up. 

Why does Henry always have to play the hero in the finale episodes? I know he was a cute little kid at the beginning of the series and it was really sweet how he and Emma shared a TLK in Season 1's finale, but I'm just so over his character at this point. I'd rather watch an entire episode of Regina than watch Henry be an Authorial Hero. If Henry wakes Emma up by kissing her forehead it'll be a nice bookend to the beginning of the series when Emma kissed his forehead, so from that writing standpoint I can appreciate the symmetry, but ugghhhh Henry.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Curio said:

Right? I need Charming and Hook sword fighting some henchmen at the same time Emma is magic-battling the Black Fairy. Regina and Zelena can throw fireballs at Gideon and Jafar and Snow can shoot arrows at some other henchman. Please, please, please don't let the non-magical folk sit it out, because that reinforces the show's message that you're worthless in a fight unless you have magic. So of course it'll just be magical people fighting each other.

It's actually fairly amazing that after six years, it's somehow too hard for them to create scenes on Main Street that involve more than two people doing something and everyone else standing still on their marks. Is it really that hard for them to block out action scenes? Do they think their audience will lose track of the PLOT!!! if more than two people are talking/moving/interacting at a time?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Amerilla said:

It's actually fairly amazing that after six years, it's somehow too hard for them to create scenes on Main Street that involve more than two people doing something and everyone else standing still on their marks. Is it really that hard for them to block out action scenes? Do they think their audience will lose track of the PLOT!!! if more than two people are talking/moving/interacting at a time?

If that unnecessarily long Beowulf battle proved anything, it's that this show has the time, money, and energy to plan out a huge battle. It's just that they choose not to when it comes to the main cast on Main Street.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Curio said:

It's just that they choose not to when it comes to the main cast on Main Street.

It's just weird. I feel like by now there must be little divots in the street there where everyone's been standing patiently waiting for Character A to smite Character B. 

• Love 4

It'd be funny if Gideon is really Rumple in disguise and Emma is really Regina. I really can't picture them excluding Rumple out of the last battle or whatever.

3 hours ago, Mathius said:

these writers are bad, but even they won't write a story where it's hyped up "Emma is fated to die!" and then...she dies at the end.  No twist, no changing her fate, she just dies

Right but the Regina switches place with Emma and is the ultimate hero is exactly what they would pull. Henry TLK Regina is also something they would do that they think would make up for the S1 Emma and Henry thing. But they won't keep her dead for real. Maybe that little girl is Regina de-aged? I know they cast one already but they changed Baelfires too.

I expect the fight not to be much better than what we've already seen. They don't have that big of a budget and they can't or won't hire a real choreographer for the fight or a director with that kind of know-how. Mostly it involves a lot of standing around with the actors having their hands in the air.

OK, I'll admit it: I got chills hearing the old Hook theme play at the end there.  It's great to see him back in his element, out on the high seas.

Edited by Mathius
4 hours ago, Serena said:

I don't believe the Regina dying spoilers, but it entertained me for a minute, which is more than can be said for the show, so good job!

Same. lol.

20 minutes ago, AshhyOut said:

Right but the Regina switches place with Emma and is the ultimate hero is exactly what they would pull

Yup.

Edited by Rumsy4
1 minute ago, scenicbyway said:

I guess its too much to hope that Killian and Emma would actually get a TLK by the end of the season...we'll just always have to hold on to True Love's Tackle...

Meh, OQ never got a TLK either, nor did Rumbelle ever get a real one.  It doesn't really matter to me (and I was fine with TLT.)

Gentlemen, let's go hunting. Yaaas!! Okay, this, right here, is spinoff-material. Hook off in the Nautilus, having adventures with Nemo and others, while he fights to get back to Emma.

Regina getting stabbed and "dying" is very Season 4 finale. Given how they love to repeat the same story over and over, it's not at all unbelievable that we'd see it again.

True Love's Kiss is meaningless now since you can have one after a short bike ride or a brief walk in a meadow. They're like something Oprah hands out. You get True Love's Kiss and you get True Love's Kiss and you and you and you.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KAOS Agent said:

True Love's Kiss is meaningless now since you can have one after a short bike ride or a brief walk in a meadow.

Even those were a step up from having one when neither party actually KNOWS the other, if Brennan Jones' story is to be believed.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Gentlemen, let's go hunting. Yaaas!! Okay, this, right here, is spinoff-material. 

I'd watch the hell out of that spinoff. I was hoping this is what Season 6A could have been if Nemo, Sinbad, Agrabah, Jasmine/Aladdin, and Atlantis were the main theme. Alas, we got...whatever it is we got.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Souris said:

So everybody apart from Emma is in wedding finery. Looks like maybe they all get cursed at the wedding/reception. I'm thinking the BF comes crashing into the reception like the EQ did for Snowing.

If Emma's the only one not in wedding wear, wouldn't that mean she's the one cursed?  If she has to fight it out but no one else has to go change?

20 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

If Emma's the only one not in wedding wear, wouldn't that mean she's the one cursed?  If she has to fight it out but no one else has to go change?

That's what I think.  The curse is reverting people to their before they came to Storybrooke self.

Emma is the first to fall under the spell.

Edited by ParadoxLost
50 minutes ago, Souris said:

Looks like maybe they all get cursed at the wedding/reception. I'm thinking the BF comes crashing into the reception like the EQ did for Snowing.

Called it.

We know Snow, Charming, Hook, Rumple and Zelena (I heard news that the Wicked Witch costume was being used) are affected.  I would assume Belle would be too.  That leaves the question of Emma, Regina and Henry, so I'm wondering if "Scene 53" had something to do with that.

Edited by Mathius
24 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Called it.

We know Snow, Charming, Hook, Rumple and Zelena (I heard news that the Wicked Witch costume was being used) are affected.  I would assume Belle would be too.  That leaves the question of Emma, Regina and Henry, so I'm wondering if "Scene 53" had something to do with that.

Were there some reports of Lana being in the EQ costume at some point in the finale? I have a vague notion of that, but I didn't really pay attention so I could be mistaken.

FWIW, Kat says the Emma/Henry/Regina scene is for near the end of 6x22.

16 minutes ago, Souris said:

If she is sure about that and it's true, then we can officially discard that beyond improbable Regina death spoiler.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Souris said:

I'd imagine that bus scene is part of a happy ending montage. Henry will probably give narration off screen about each different family as if he's writing it in a book. Emma and Regina will send a nearly-an-adult-now Henry off to the school bus, Snow and Charming will finally buy a house, Charming will tend to his sheep while Snow plays with Snowflake, Zelena will read "The Wizard of Oz" to Pistachio while Regina makes them tea, Belle and Gideon will run the pawn shop and library together, and finally Emma and Hook will drive away into the sunset as Sheriff and Deputy. End Series.

Edit: I was going to say I forgot a scene with Emma/Snow/Charming having a family dinner, but then I realized the writers don't care about that dynamic anymore anyways so I doubt we'll get a montage scene of it.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Curio said:

I'd imagine that bus scene is part of a happy ending montage. Henry will probably give narration off screen about each different family as if he's writing it in a book. Emma and Regina will send a nearly-an-adult-now Henry off to the school bus, Snow and Charming will finally buy a house, Charming will tend to his sheep while Snow plays with Snowflake, Zelena will read "The Wizard of Oz" to Pistachio while Regina makes them tea, Belle and Gideon will run the pawn shop and library together, and finally Emma and Hook will drive away into the sunset as Sheriff and Deputy. End Series.

Yeah, I can see something along those lines happening.

I still say the perfect ending to the show is the CS scene I mean they even drive off in the sunset in the bug with the siren going to fight crime as husband/wife and sheriff/deputy. 

I honestly think that's one of the final scenes. :)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, cappoe said:

So I've got a person that was at filming last night that kind of spilled the beans.

I saw that 'spoiler post' because I follow a few people who were at the filming on Twitter and they shared this post and they said it's not at all what they saw happening. It does seem to be only one person with this 'spoiler'.

• Love 1

I would bet on the Emma/Regina/Henry scene as the final scene over the Emma/Hook one, unfortunately. The writers pride themselves (eye roll) on Once not being like other fairytales, so I don't think they'll end it with Emma and her husband driving off into the sunset. More likely they'll use the Emma/Regina/Henry scene to reinforce the idea that this is a show about "strong women". Also, I can't see them ending it with Hook and not Henry. I'm not saying I think the E/R/H scene is necessarily the final one...just that the writers won't end it without including Henry and Regina in that very last scene. I think the best I can hope for is a scene with the full cast. Maybe, as someone else predicted, everyone crowded around Emma as she celebrates her birthday. "And she lived happily ever after..."

I always assumed this show would get a season 7 but I'm starting to feel like this is the end, and I'm not prepared for it. There's so much more I would've liked to see happen. And it would've been nice for both cast and fans to have more notice and get a farewell season. But again, I don't think there's much chance of this show righting all its wrongs if given a final season.

I'm not sure how I would feel about everyone ending up in Storybrooke. For some reason I kind of had it in my head that maybe they would all end up back in the Enchanted Forest permanently and Emma would get to live in actual fairytale land, like she was meant to. But Storybrooke does have its benefits, like plumbing.

I agree with those who want the final battle to be something more epic, with all characters playing a role. The Battle of Hogwarts in Harry Potter was an amazing sequence, and every character/creature got their moment to shine. I especially love the idea of Hook and Charming fighting side by side. But I should probably lower my expectations...

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Katherine said:

I would bet on the Emma/Regina/Henry scene as the final scene over the Emma/Hook one, unfortunately.

We'll have to see.  If it's a montage, it doesn't make much sense to have an early morning scene before school at the very end.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be early in the montage and will segway into Snow teaching (I recall hearing that Ginny filmed with the schoolkids.)

..and they all lived happily ever after..

Except for:

- people who's hearts are in Regina's sex crypt

- all the people murdered on the EQ's whim

-all the people turned into flying monkeys and shot/pushed off roof

-Roland who lost his true loving mum

-David's dad

Etc.....

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Amerilla said:

It's actually fairly amazing that after six years, it's somehow too hard for them to create scenes on Main Street that involve more than two people doing something and everyone else standing still on their marks

Seriously! I was just thinking about it and off the top of my head we have the 3A finale with Rumple killing Pan while everyone else was frozen, the Zelena/Regina showdown in 3B where everyone else was useless, the 4B finale where Emma took on the darkness while everyone else just stood there and watched, the 5A finale where Emma stabbed Hook while everyone just stood around and watched and, of course the fight between Emma & Gideon we just saw in 6x11. The blocking in all of these scenes was so awkward and stiff. Does no one ever think to bum rush the bad guy or shoot them or try to distract them or do SOMETHING to help? Anyway, all signs point to this being yet more of the same.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

If Regina is glamoured to look like Emma it is not Emma getting the TLK.

Then it would be a Regina glamoured as Emma TLK with Henry.

If the happy endings montage is going to end the season/series, I want the last scene of the montage to be CS driving of into the sunset, but the last scene of the actual episode to be of the storybook. So have the CS scene and then transition to the book.  The camera zooms in on the cover, the book opens and the pages begin to turn. We see glimpses of every single story that has been told (or most of them) and when the book reaches the final page it says "And they lived happily ever after." The book closes and the camera either fades to black with a The End written on it or there is a zooming out to show Storybrooke before the The End. While the pages are being shown, there is also a voice over speaking about happy endings or stories or something similar to the words that were shown at the very beginning of the pilot but instead of it being about the stories being different from what we knew and that they continued, it's about how they ended.  I would also like the theme that is played during the end of the S3 finale to be played here or something like it.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Souris said:

Gideon does something to Emma and lights flash. (Video)

CS kissyface. More.

Looks like CS has been separated the entire finale since the wedding. It's the same darn thing in every A&E script -- CS separated then brief scene where they reunite and kiss. They need to be smote by the writing gods.

I think Emma ends up de-Saviored.

No sign of RB, which is odd. Has Gideon trapped them somewhere so they won't interfere? Is Rumple already dead? If so, what about Belle?

They're filming til 7 a.m., I believe, so they could always show up later.

Edited by Souris

Jmo Colin and Lana are back for s7. Jmo is signed as part time but still a series regular and Lana and Colin are full time.

If there's a S7 it probably means JMO will miss a couple of episodes but still be in the majority of episodes. She's not recurring or guest star, she's a series regular.

Ok, so it looks like the final battle is, indeed, just a rehash of the 6x11 fight between Emma & Gideon (complete with others uselessly standing around watching and Hook yelling out "No!"). But that's not where the retread ends - the entire 2 part episode is a retread of 6x10/11. Emma is separated from everyone else (looks like it happens during the wedding) when they are sent to the EF and she's cursed in SB. Then they all reunite when she fights Gideon, and she gets hugs from everyone. It's the exact same thing. Why do they think we want to see the group separated yet again? Sorry, this just looks incredibly lame. For what could potentially be the last episode (and is definitely the last episode for some cast members) of the series, why wouldn't they make it a fun adventure or something involving everyone together? And does Gideon really end up being the big bad of the whole thing?

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kktjones said:

And does Gideon really end up being the big bad of the whole thing?

No, we saw the Black Fairy and Rumple up to no good back in the filming of Part 1.

Also, I think that either Gideon killed Rumple to become the Dark One for the battle, or that the Regina spoiler is true but applied to the wrong character - that maybe it's Rumple who has shapeshifted as Gideon, so that he can either kill Emma in his son's place or be killed in his son's place.

@ the Sneak Peek: I am SO glad Snow is along and it's not just shots with Regina, especially since it gives Ginny something funny to work with.  But screw Natalie Abrams: "Has Emma already given up on Hook?" Does it look like at ANY point in that video that Emma has given up on Hook?  She spends the first half mooning over the Liam ring he gave her, and clearly isn't in to the idea of a drunken Girls Night Out when it's sprung on her.

Says who? Larry?

Yeah, sources or I don't believe it.

Edited by Mathius
10 hours ago, Kktjones said:

Seriously! I was just thinking about it and off the top of my head we have the 3A finale with Rumple killing Pan while everyone else was frozen, the Zelena/Regina showdown in 3B where everyone else was useless, the 4B finale where Emma took on the darkness while everyone else just stood there and watched, the 5A finale where Emma stabbed Hook while everyone just stood around and watched and, of course the fight between Emma & Gideon we just saw in 6x11. The blocking in all of these scenes was so awkward and stiff. Does no one ever think to bum rush the bad guy or shoot them or try to distract them or do SOMETHING to help? Anyway, all signs point to this being yet more of the same.

I have never understood why these people who live in the "real world," simply don't get on a roof and sniper Regina/Rumple/Zelena/whichever cartoon bad guy is standing in the middle of main street. I wish they would do a cross over and have the Walking Dead gang zapped into the Once world and just beat the crap out of everyone....with Carol getting the final by just knifing misogynist Rump to death and then giving Belle a lesson on standing up to one's abusive spouse.

• Love 4