Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Maybe the broom is just Rumple's sassy way of saying "Here, clean up the mess you made." In those pics where some people think Hook is crying, I think he's just grimacing from a hangover. Do we know if his date with Emma takes place after he wakes up on the docks, or before? Since his knuckles are bloody, I'm thinking he gets drunks, punches Will, sleeps on the docks, wakes up, then has his date with Emma later that night. Maybe Will crashes the date to confront Hook about being punched out.

Edited by pezgirl7

Maybe the broom is just Rumple's sassy way of saying "Here, clean up the mess you made." In those pics where some people think Hook is crying, I think he's just grimacing from a hangover. Do we know if his date with Emma takes place after he wakes up on the docks, or before? Since his knuckles are bloody, I'm thinking he gets drunks, punches Will, sleeps on the docks, wakes up, then has his date with Emma later that night. Maybe Will crashes the date to confront Hook about being punched out.

I haven't been able to tell from the pre-date pics whether Hook has the bloody knuckles then or not. I suspect that the date ends badly for whatever reason (why the hell is Will there??), then we get the punchout scene, and the dock scene is the next morning.

Apparently Rumple magics up a broom in the scene with Hook. Odd detail.

I think this ep is gonna be hella angsty painful.

Maybe Rumple wants to start a Quidditch team and needs Hook to be the seeker :-)

I think the date is before everything else. It makes more sense for Hook to start doing stupid things after the date (because we all know its going to go terribly bad) and not before.

• Love 5

Crackalicious theory: There's been a body swap of some kind between Hook and the Knave, like changing their appearance, but it didn't change the real hand to a hook. So, during these scenes, Colin is actually playing the Knave, and that's why the Knave crashes the date, because the Knave is really Hook, and that's why they fight later.

Though I don't know why the Knave would be going on a date with Emma.

• Love 1
I think the date is before everything else. It makes more sense for Hook to start doing stupid things after the date (because we all know its going to go terribly bad) and not before.

Agreed. I think it's much more likely Will crashes the date and then Hook punches him later.

• Love 1

Ah, I thought Hook had bloody knuckles during the date, but if he doesn't, that order makes much more sense. I can't find any decent photos right now of that scene.

In this photo you can definitely see bandages on the table, and what looks like a hot water bottle (looks too big to be a flask). Now I'm thinking Hook procured those items in preparation for cutting off his hand. Eek.

In this photo you can definitely see bandages on the table, and what looks like a hot water bottle (looks too big to be a flask). Now I'm thinking Hook procured those items in preparation for cutting off his hand. Eek.

In the second photo it looks like his flask to me.  There's also something that could be a tourniquet on the table.  It's looking more and more like the hand chopping off could be real, although that's a little gruesome for a 7pm "family" network show...

In the second photo it looks like his flask to me.  There's also something that could be a tourniquet on the table.  It's looking more and more like the hand chopping off could be real, although that's a little gruesome for a 7pm "family" network show...

OMG. This episode is going to be 10 times angstier than the Jolly Roger. :-( I think Rumple is taking revenge on Hook for whatever he threatened him with in the car. I can clearly see the machete and bandages now. And the inevitable rum flask, which is a big sign of angst.

I don't think Hook will chop his own hand off--he will not be able to go through with it. But I do think he will lose it again by the end of the half-season arc for some reason. 

• Love 1
It's looking more and more like the hand chopping off could be real, although that's a little gruesome for a 7pm "family" network show...

They showed it the first time around, in the same scene that involved a woman getting her heart ripped out of her chest and crushed while her lover was forced to watch.

Episode 4 is so confusing.  Hook and Elsa film together in Fairytale costume.  Hook stops by Gold's shop where Rumple gives him his hand back?  Then Hook changes into more modern clothes (and somehow has his hand back) for a date with Emma (who wears nude heels and a dress) but the Knave is also at the restaurant.  Something upsets Hook and Emma's date.  Rumple and Hook meet up again in Gold's car.  Which leads to drunk Hook on the street who then punches the Knave in front of the library.  The next day??? Rumple finds Hook at the docks sleeping or passed out.  Rumple magics a broom and Hook is left with bandages a knife and his flask?

I get that magic always comes with a price, but didn't he already pay that when Milah was killed in front of him and Rumple took his hand for hundreds of years?

I think that Henry likely has something to do with Hook getting his hand back.  If he is taking inventory in the store, surely he'd come across Hook's hand (as we all have).  Perhaps Belle then commands Rumple to give the hand back.  I can't wait to see what Emma thinks of the whole thing.  As for losing it again, we'll find out soon enough, I suppose with more filming spoilers.

OMG. This episode is going to be 10 times angstier than the Jolly Roger. :-( I think Rumple is taking revenge on Hook for whatever he threatened him with in the car.

Seriously, Hook. When the Dark One tries to give you flowers he bought for you at Game of Thorns, just take them. Stupid pirate.

They showed it the first time around, in the same scene that involved a woman getting her heart ripped out of her chest and crushed while her lover was forced to watch.

To be fair, they didn't show blood. But yea, whatever is going on with Hook is definitely dark, especially when you consider there are going to be kids watching because of the Frozen storyline so they better tread lightly.

Also, what could be in the library that Will wants? I can only think of Maleficent maybe. Is Regina's personal prison down there too?

• Love 1

And of course they've shown merciless beatings administered by Rumple and Hook killing Blackbeard and Regina burning Snow alive and lots more during "family" hour. 

• Love 1

I think that Henry likely has something to do with Hook getting his hand back.  If he is taking inventory in the store,

Robert said he didn't know anything about Henry working at the pawnshop, and that was news to him. So that can't be in ep. 4. I'm thinking that'll be in ep. 5 with the kid's love interest appearing. Oh man could ep.5 be a Henry centric? Shudders.

Jen tweeted that the dinner scene she filmed with Colin and Michael was "fun". I'm guessing the scene will be humorous, but probably won't end well for Hook.

http://aurore59.tumblr.com/post/95383772339

I still can't figure out why they would need to hide Emma's dress from the public.

Just saw this pic of Hook side-eyeing Rumple pretty hard. LOL

https://www.flickr.com/photos/katmtan/14968408086/in/photostream/

Also, I guess that is his flask on the table. I don't remember it having that leather koozie though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/katmtan/14804711359/

Edited by pezgirl7

Jen tweeted that the dinner scene she filmed with Colin and Michael was "fun". I'm guessing the scene will be humorous, but probably won't end well for Hook.

http://aurore59.tumblr.com/post/95383772339

I don't know, fun can mean many things. It can be a funny scene or it can be that they had fun doing it but it was very angsty. Or probably a combination of both, it starts as a funny date that ends in lots of angst. I mean, Hook ends up drunk and punching people.

I can't believe they're going to try to pass him off as a 12-year-old. He looks like 14, but could maybe pass off as 13. There's two reasons I want another time jump - to match Jared's age, and for Frozen jokes. Since this season starts out just minutes after the third season ended, it's going to look kind of weird.

Edited by KingOfHearts
Also, what could be in the library that Will wants?

Books! When my neighborhood library branch was closed for remodeling earlier this year, there were a few days when I caught myself eying the doors and considering what I could do with a crowbar. Though Will doesn't strike me as that much of a bookworm (hey, more fuel for my Will/Hook body swap crack theory -- Hook was always breaking or sneaking into the library in season 2 and usually found lurking with a book in his hand, so it would be more likely that Hook would try to break in).

Also, what could be in the library that Will wants?

Well, my theory right now is that he wants Rumple's dagger and he thinks maybe Belle hide it there.

But, hey, maybe he's back in Storybrooke looking for the second part of 50 shades of grey.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Interview with Adam and Eddy. Sorry if this has been posted before. Some quotes,

For us it’s continuing to evolve the characters—especially with Regina. We left her in a really tough spot. People immediately thought she would go “crazy evil.” For us, that’s what’s interesting—now that we’ve done 66 episodes, how does Regina react? We know how she would have reacted in season one. How does she react in season four? We want to honor that and deepen the characters and create some fun mystery along the way.

Their permaboner for Woegina is showing.

We’re going to dive into some…

…Dark One mythology. We’re going to learn more about Rumple and his past.

So, we guessed right about Zoso. But we know a lot about Rumple's past already. Unless they mean the missing 200 years.

[Elizabeth Mithchell's character] will have a tie to both somebody on the Frozen side and somebody on the Once Upon a Time side.

So... Elsa's aunt and Ice Queen? Obviously she'll also have a tie-in with Regina. She probably tripped Regina's dad when he was a wee lad (euphemism not intended ;-)). 

In the premiere you will see something very iconic that will launch a new story and a new area of Disney that we have yet to explore that we’re excited about.

Mickey Mouse is the next Big Bad, guys!

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 4

I'm actually really interested in knowing how the Ice Queen got to Storybrooke.  I was thinking that it makes sense for Will to be in town seeing as he was there with the first curse, so him being torn back a second time when everyone was brought back could actually work. 

I have this whole crazy theory that she was the Queen of that corrupt king the Jones brothers went to Neverland for and that she had someone trade the bean for the Jolly Roger and came to Storybrooke on it.  She was just taking back what belonged to her. 

• Love 2

Well at the very least, Hook's arc seems to be interesting.  I'm just hoping the writing isn't bipolar.

Agreed. I think it was a given they would screw with him/this relationship this half-season, but it seems to be happening in a more interesting way than I'd anticipated (with so much else going on, I honestly thought they'd just throw some Frozen-related problem at him/them as a C-plot for the middle-third). But yes, a lot will rest on how it's written. I think Hook is one of the few main characters whose story and characterization hasn't been all over the place (his redemption was pretty good, his relationship with Emma has been pretty well paced) so the stakes feel a bit higher.

They certainly do seem to be throwing a lot at Emma/Hook, though -- she appears to have discovered, confronted, and overcome her walls, while he seems to have gotten his hand back then had a breakdown... and they're only four episodes in! But perhaps the writers want to put things on ice (har har) for awhile, then return to it later in 4A. 

And wow, that is one of the better A&E interviews I've read in ages. They actually offer new information instead of just talking in circles. I guess they're not allowed to jerk around other Disney employees so much.

• Love 2

I love how the question was specifically about Emma and Hook and they turned it into a mini love speech for Woegina.

Now I'm doubting that Rumple, Hook, Emma, Charming, Will etc. are getting the bulk of the Frozen story. False advertisement! If they are, we'll know Disney locked A&E up while they were writing an ode to Woegina and Henry's love story.

• Love 2

I love how the question was specifically about Emma and Hook and they turned it into a mini love speech for Woegina.

No kidding. How did they manage to answer a question specifically about Emma and her relationships with a response that was all about how excited they are with the Regina character? It tells you just how interested they are in dealing with the character of Emma. She got one sentence in that entire paragraph response.

And then there's this:

The theme of the second half of the season last year was “there’s no place like home.” And what everyone started to realize is that Storybrooke is their home now.

I didn't see that at all. When did everyone decide they wanted to stay in Storybrooke and that it was home? And then they contradict themselves later in the interview by saying that not everyone wants to stay in town. By which I assume they mean non-main characters, but still. Whatever guys. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 4

I will say this: when you acknowledge that a lot of people thought that Regina would go crazy evil as a reaction, then MAYBE you should consider that you HAVEN'T done a stellar job "evolving" her through the past 66 episodes, and that whatever you change in her intended to show did not come across to the majority of viewers.

Also, Zelena is totally coming back to life. Adam and Eddy are very unsubtle about this, always adding these "nudge-nudge wink-wink" statements when talking about the fact that she died.

• Love 4

Interested to know who wants to leave town. It's not the Charmings or Emma. It's unlikely to be Hook or Marian or anyone who doesn't have the download. Regina wouldn't want to leave Henry. Maybe Robin wants a fresh start? The Knave, maybe, if he did come in Curse 2.0? Everyone else seems too minor to matter.

[Elizabeth Mithchell's character] will have a tie to both somebody on the Frozen side and somebody on the Once Upon a Time side. 

Could the 'somebody on the OUAT side' be Emma, since she's apparently following her around? The quote is just a 'tie' to the character, not related necessarily. She could be yet another magic person that's been living in the land w/o magic. Or she's Belle's mom, who we've heard them mention in every interview lately, but haven't heard any casting notices for.

Eddy: The theme of the second half of the season last year was “there’s no place like home.” And what everyone started to realize is that Storybrooke is their home now. I don’t think anyone is interested in portal jumping right now. They’re interested in laying down some roots.

Replying in Speculation.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Maybe Will is the Storybrooke character that EM's character is tied to? That would help tie him into the season.

That could make sense, considering his little sister died on a frozen lake. Maybe the Snow Queen was responsible for her death?

• Love 2
(edited)

@Rumsy4 already quoted the below (from the D23 interview) in a post above, but I wanted to point something out. The question and quote from the interview are below:

[interviewer] Emma has finally opened—to her family and to Hook—how do you see their relationships evolving?
Eddy: One of the big themes that tied Never Land and the Wicked Witch together is that happy endings aren’t what we think they are. They are something you have to fight for every day. Now it seems like Emma has found her home and she’s happy where she is. Rumple is married to Belle and that seems to be his happy ending. Snow and Charming have a child and they now share one heart. The question is, what happens next? For us it’s continuing to evolve the characters—especially with Regina. We left her in a really tough spot. People immediately thought she would go “crazy evil.” For us, that’s what’s interesting—now that we’ve done 66 episodes, how does Regina react? We know how she would have reacted in season one. How does she react in season four? We want to honor that and deepen the characters and create some fun mystery along the way.

Please note that the interviewer asked a question about Emma's relationship with her parents (and Hook), and Eddy ended up talking about Regina.

THE WRITER WAS ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT EMMA AND HER RELATIONSHIP WITH HER PARENTS AND HIS ANSWER WAS ABOUT REGINA!!!

Fuuuuuuuck. Sorry to get shouty, but jeebus cripes. They aren't even trying to keep their Regina permaboner under control, are they. Not even a little bit...

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 10

Isn't Regina's reaction... meaningless and predictable? I mean really, and this is coming from one of her fans. Who gives a crap if she's going to try to kill Marian, get mad or plot against Emma? Yes Regina is a complex character, but in this case, it's not really about her - it's about what the writers want for her. They want her to be the hero, so that's what she'll be. There is no way without moving the whole planet that they're going to put her back at the bottom. Regina is going to "win" no matter what, because even if she does the wrong thing, she'll still be hailed a hero. 

But who really cares... it's a week-long boyfriend! Honestly I'd rather see Regina do bigger things than whine about boyfriends. If she's come so far, as they say, she really should have bigger fish to fry... like saving the town from the Snow Queen or regaining her trust with Henry.

Excuse me but, Robin, Marian, Emma and Roland are all going to have reactions too that are just as important as Regina's. They're just not ticking bombs like she is. Regina can have her time in the spotlight, but don't destroy everyone else's in the process. That's favoritism, which you can blatantly see from this interview. Some of us may care how Regina reacts, but that doesn't mean Emma's relationship with her parents should be taken off the table to make room for it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

Honestly, what baffles me (well, one of the things) is that Adam&Eddie keep returning to this idea of "happily ever after isn't what you think/expect" and exploring the idea of alternate happily ever afters. Which is great and something I support--except they never actually deal with it? Like, show me one time where we've actually seen any of the characters having a serious, evaluative moment of "this isn't what I thought my life would be, but I'm happy with it." In fact, the last two seasons have taken place over the span of like six months precisely because the writers don't want to deal with that. They have no clue how to write for the characters anymore when they aren't facing imminent destruction. Because they don't want to write the very thing they claim they're interested in.

The closest I can remember is Snowing's, like, thirty second flashback in 3x11 where Charming tells Snow to let go of one set idea of HEA, which Snow reiterates to Emma at the end of that episode. (Which is promptly undone by the next episode.)

But who really cares... it's a week-long boyfriend! Honestly I'd rather see Regina do bigger things than whine about boyfriends. If she's come so far, as they say, she really should have bigger fish to fry.

Right?? Honestly, I'm a little offended on the behalf of the Regina character (and talk about things you never thought you'd say). S1 Regina was so above petty boyfriend drama.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 2

In fairness to A&E (ugh), Q&As are often heavily edited down, and the questions are often changed for clarity or to impart more info to the reader -- or sometimes deleted entirely. Not saying that is necessarily what happened here, but just something to keep in mind whenever you read a Q&A -- it's rarely a word-for-word transcription of the conversation. 

I kind of wonder if they aren't somewhat disappointed in the lack of interest in the Robin/Regina/Marian triangle. I know they were excited about the initial fan reaction, but I think once people thought about it a bit, most everyone was like seriously? Not again with the Regina as a toddler having a temper tantrum. If she backslides that negates everything up to this point and if she acts like an adult about it that's boring, so it's not an interesting story arc and yes, Regina deserves better for her character than for it to be all about a man she's dated for a week. 

Of course, given that they're pushing Frozen, Frozen, Frozen for the most part, what's going on with Regina isn't on most mainstream interviewers minds. So unless or until Regina is revealed to be Elsa's first cousin once removed, she isn't generating the interest she got when they pushed 3B as all Regina v Zelena. Plus, a good portion of Evil Regals are Swan Queeners so they were never down with Outlaw Queen in the first place.

Edited by KAOS Agent
I kind of wonder if they aren't somewhat disappointed in the lack of interest in the Robin/Regina/Marian triangle.

Do they even perceive this lack of interest? I mean, I feel like I've seen way more "meh" reactions than "yahoo!"s about Outlaw Queen and the Regina/Robin/Marian triangle, but I still feel like it's come up in most interviews about the upcoming season, and we all know that Adam&Eddie listen to Evil Regals on twitter/the internet more than anyone, and there's a relatively vocal (if outsizedly so) Outlaw Queen fanbase....

Edited by stealinghome

there's a relatively vocal (if outsizedly so) Outlaw Queen fanbase...

There is? Because I've seen complaints about just how little Outlaw Queen fan fic and fan art is available in comparison to Rumbelle, Captain Swan and Swan Queen. Maybe my perception of lack of interest in the Regina storyline is the total black hole of filming spoilers for her. Other than the clip showed at Comic Con (which I did not watch because I don't watch sneak peeks), we have the initial scene in the diner and a brief mention of Lana filming during the CS kiss, but there's been nothing else on the Regina front at all. 

There isn't a huge fanbase for Outlaw Queen per se, but there is for Regina having a love interest. Since Robin fit that bill for 3B, the Evil Regals cheered him and Regina on. But if someone else comes along, I'm sure they would cheer him on too.

The Marian twist is more annoying than shocking. That's why it's not interesting - because it has no good outlook, for Regina fans and non-fans alike. It's seriously being treated as a bigger deal than it should be. It's not like a character got killed off or anything.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

Retrograde I hear what you're saying but A&E don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, not in this case. It's a consistent pattern of behavior and thinking which really we shouldn't even be surprised by anymore or expect differently. It's the only A to a Q that's a non-sequitur in that whole interview. The other replies are at least in the same buliding. That one ain't even in the same galaxy.

I don't give a crap what they do to or what they write for Woegina. All I'm asking for is that the characters and stories I do want to see be given a break from Woegina so that I can be given a break from her. I want to enjoy the shallow eye candy and campy fun in youtube clips peace. That's as low of a standard as I can give them and they can't even reach that.

As for EM, I'm guessing she was Elsa's mentor and her Storybrook ties are to Will or Rumple. I can't see her as Belle's mom cause I can't picture the fabulous Snow Queen with Moe French.

• Love 4

There is? Because I've seen complaints about just how little Outlaw Queen fan fic and fan art is available in comparison to Rumbelle, Captain Swan and Swan Queen. Maybe my perception of lack of interest in the Regina storyline is the total black hole of filming spoilers for her. Other than the clip showed at Comic Con (which I did not watch because I don't watch sneak peeks), we have the initial scene in the diner and a brief mention of Lana filming during the CS kiss, but there's been nothing else on the Regina front at all. 

Well we only know what has been filmed outside, though Sean Maguire appears to be in LA at the moment. 

On social media I have mostly seen people angry at lack of spoilers/appearances of Rumple/Belle. I have seen some complaining about the lack of Regina, but not the lack of Outlaw Queen.

And wow, that is one of the better A&E interviews I've read in ages. They actually offer new information instead of just talking in circles. I guess they're not allowed to jerk around other Disney employees so much.

Really? Because after reading this, I wanted to punch someone (the highlight is mine)

Do you think it will be difficult for Hook to see a “little Prince Neal” running around as a constant reminder of Neal and Emma’s relationship?

Adam: I think Hook ultimately recognizes Neal for the hero that he was. And because of that, hearing the name and seeing him carried on in a new generation—he sees that as a good thing.

Eddy: He’s far too confident to be worried about other people.

Everytime someone on this show call Neal a hero, a want to punch someone.

I can't read interviews with A&E, just a few words and they have make me lose all the interest I had in the new season (it wasn't much, but still).

Anyway, back to spoilers. This half season seems quite full of Rumple, Emma, Hook and Will, so I suppose the Snow Queen is related to one of them. My theory is that she has done something bad in Wonderland and Will is there looking for her. But, in the end, she probably gave Regina a dirty look when they were at school together.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3

I honestly just laugh when someone on the show or A&E start singing Neal's praises. If they actually loved him half as much as they pretend to, they wouldn't have written him off - and in such a lame way, too. Ultimately they're just doing that to shut up his fans. I mean, even Graham had a better death scene - and god knows they've completely forgotten avout him. A&E, if you want to call Graham a hero in an interview sometime, I for one would appreciate that fanservice.

Anyway, I have no doubt that when Emma and Hook get married, one or both of them will be like "This is the happiest day of my life - oh, and remember how Neal was a hero? Bummer he can't be here!"

Edited by Serena
  • Love 5

Everytime someone on this show call Neal a hero, a want to punch someone.

So much WORD.

The only thing that keeps me from setting fire to everything when I read their bullshit  about Neal being a "hero" is to pretend that when they say Neal was a "hero", they mean the sandwich. Meet Neal the "Hero":

tumblr_napqt6zh5H1shzom0o1_400.jpg

...forget the fans, A&E are the original Deluded Duo.

• Love 7
Do you think it will be difficult for Hook to see a “little Prince Neal” running around as a constant reminder of Neal and Emma’s relationship?

I can barely fathom the question, much less the answer. Who the hell care what Hook feels about Neal? Hook barely knew Neal. Hook barely knew Bae. And in the hierarchy of things, Henry is a much bigger and more constant reminder of Neal and Emma's relationship than the Snowflake. 

Honestly, what baffles me (well, one of the things) is that Adam&Eddie keep returning to this idea of "happily ever after isn't what you think/expect" and exploring the idea of alternate happily ever afters. Which is great and something I support--except they never actually deal with it?

And additionally, we all know that when the finale rolls around, Happily Ever After is going to be exactly what you think/expect it would be.

I saw someone online call A&E "The Brothers Dimm" the other day. I think that's my new pet name for them.

• Love 2