Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

It's been blatantly obvious for awhile that the Hook + guest stars adventure is the so-called CS adventure. The "twist" is that they're not together! Adam is such an ass -- he worded it deliberately to make CSers think there would be an adventure together. He didn't need to do that. He did it just to be a jerk and raise false hopes.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Jen isn't returning for S7 (except for maybe a few guest spots), and I don't think it's her choice.

• Love 2

From what I learned while on set, that “epic adventure” appears to still be on, but there’s definitely a twist that makes it unlike previously adventures (Snow and Emma in Enchanted Forest, Emma and Regina in Wish Realm) we’ve seen.

"...the twist being that the adventure only exists for two minutes of screen time and it takes place in Storybrooke. I mean, who needs multiple episodes of being away in other lands like Snow and Emma got in Season 2 and Emma and Regina get every single season?"

Seriously, if it weren't for this forum, I would probably quit this show.

I'm kind of confused how Tiger Lily and the Black Fairy are filming together for a flashback that includes baby Rumple. Has Tiger Lily been in charge of Neverland for centuries long before Peter Pan took over? Because how is she supposed to be this adult age during the baby Rumple flashback and also be the same age during the present timeline when she supposedly runs into Hook on his Captain Swan adventure? If Hook has a history with Tiger Lily and Rumple's mom is the Black Fairy...are they going full soap opera and making Rumple and Hook related?

As a whole, I found the episode lacking; with so many characters pulled in different directions, things felt unfocused and generally somewhat tedious. There's a lot of standing around and talking about hope, fate, exposition, etc. and not a lot of heart. It's clear that big things are being set up for the rest of the season, but watching ground being laid doesn't make for a very interesting episode in and of itself. There are a few highlights, and the prospect of the rest of the season is intriguing, but it's not enough to save this from being one of the weaker premieres Once has turned out.

Wasn't this supposed to have been the mid-season finale, before the network had a change of plans? If it's weak and just laying ground as a mid-season premiere, they'd have been toast if it had been the mid-season finale. The ratings really would have tanked if it didn't give any good reason to come back. I wonder if that's why the decision was made to end the fall season a week earlier. Someone saw this episode and figured it was better as a premiere with only one week until the next episode than as a finale that would need to draw people back in after a nearly three-month gap.

• Love 2

This pretty much spells out how the show has been for a while. "There's a lot of standing around and talking about hope, fate, exposition, etc. and not a lot of heart." That sums it up perfectly. It's just the characters running around reacting to PLOT.

Wasn't this supposed to have been the mid-season finale, before the network had a change of plans? If it's weak and just laying ground as a mid-season premiere, they'd have been toast if it had been the mid-season finale.

Yeah, I kind of had to laugh at the reviewer who thought the episode was lukewarm. Every episode this season has been lukewarm. Every episode is slow and boring to set up the next one. How can a show have 99% exposition and build up with only 1% payoff? And then the one part the reviewer pointed out as being somewhat entertaining (the Old Hook cameo) of course only shows up for like a minute of screen time.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Souris said:

Not really surprising, but apparently the musical ep will be filmed all in studio.

I don't know if it all will be, since there is a scene on main street. I think that's the only little part that would need to be filmed outside. I'm trying to figure out what scene would have Emma's solo, and none of them really make sense. It could be EXT: GRANNY'S/MAIN STREET but I imagined that as a big group scene to end the episode.

The director for the musical episode was the one at the filming of Hook walking down the street talking on the phone. It seems that they were filming the non-musical scenes for 6x20 in conjunction with 6x19 filming and may possibly have done more elsewhere or will do a few more while filming 6x21.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I can't muster up anything to say.

Sadly, same. I've become so disenchanted with the show that my reaction was literally, "Eh, whatever." Given the show's track record, I can't get excited because I know it will likely be rushed, poorly written and unsatisfying, like all "big" emotional moments. Once I lose trust in a show's writers, it doesn't come back.

It does however make me think even more that next season is going to basically be S1 redone, with CS in the Snowing roles (if Jen returns; if not, Emma will be killed or cursed off after giving birth -- how hopeful!) and aged-up Henry in the Emma role.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

Given the opportunity to do a big midseason premiere episode, A&E opted to devote the majority of the episode on Emma's relationship with August, and then they decided to give the big Captain Swan proposal to another writer's script randomly in the middle of 6B. Yep, sounds about right.

At this point, all I can pray for is that the proposal lasts for more than two minutes of screen time and that Emma doesn't go running off to hang with Regina or Gideon afterwards. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Curio said:

Given the opportunity to do a big midseason premiere episode, A&E opted to devote the majority of the episode on Emma's relationship with August, and then they decided to give the big Captain Swan proposal to another writer's script randomly in the middle of 6B. Yep, sounds about right.

At this point, all I can pray for is that the proposal lasts for more than two minutes of screen time and that Emma doesn't go running off to hang with Regina or Gideon afterwards. 

The ring, if there is really a ring, is probably from Gideon, LOL. And that is way Emma has been filming so much with Belle, Rumple, the Black Fairy and Gideon, they are preparing the wedding.

I'm joking, but really, Emma is spending way more time with him than with Hook. At this rate, the proposal must have been via post-it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

At this rate, the proposal must have been via post-it.

Heck, even that would be fun if we got to see Hook encountering post-its and figuring out how they work, being amazed at paper that just sticks where you put it, and then plastering the house with post-its because it's so cool. But that would mean screentime for Hook, remembering that he doesn't have the memory download, and having fun with the premise of storybook characters living in our world, so it won't happen that way. Or in a text. It'll probably be the standard TV thing in which he spends a lot of time planning the perfect proposal (in scenes separate from Emma), and then some crisis happens, so the proposal will be a hastily blurted thing in the middle of action, after which Emma will run go see how Regina is doing.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Mathius said:

I'm thinking the "baby Rumple" spoiler is mistaken and it's actually baby Gideon.  That adds up with what's been said before.

Black Fairy: "Tiger Lily! I have a new baby for you to foster into a vile antichrist of doom. This one must be particularly iniquitous. It's my grandson!"
Tiger Lily: "Really? I just shipped off Frollo. Can't I catch a break?"
Black Fairy: "Do you want to end up like your half-sister Pocahontas? Banished to the Land Without Magic?"
Tiger Lily (under her breath): "It's got to be better than the Dark Realm..."
Black Fairy: "Call it by it's true name... Neverland!"
Black Fairy laughs maniacally. Hard cut to "LOST" thud. End episode.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, clairetvfanatic said:

I for one am thankful that the proposal takes place in another writers episode. It actually has a chance of being good now!  If A&E had done it, it would have been crap.

Which of the writers is the most known to be a Captain Swan apologist? (Like how Jane does the Rumpbelle and Regina stuff.)

My casual watching mother saw the headline about Emma and August having a "deeper relationship than we thought", and I had to assure her they weren't getting romantically involved. lol.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Can you tease anything for Henry on Once Upon a Time? I feel like he gets overlooked in spoilers… — Katherine
Yes. In fact, you could say that Henry’s gig as the author kicks into overdrive, which makes some residents of Storybrooke nervous about what that means.

Good, now the Storybrooke residents know how we feel about A&E.

17 minutes ago, clairetvfanatic said:

I for one am thankful that the proposal takes place in another writers episode. It actually has a chance of being good now!  If A&E had done it, it would have been crap.

This is very true. I just find it disheartening that the show's creators didn't even want to tackle one of the biggest life moments of their supposed main character. But I agree, the scene will be much more meaningful and emotional in the hands of Goodman. (I'm assuming he'll write the episode since he penned "Birth" and "Snow Drifts." But I guess Espenson also wrote the episode where Emma asks Hook to move in, so it could be one of her scripts too.)

Edited by Curio

Yeah, I would also guess either Espenson or Goodman wrote the proposal episode. I want to say Goodman does quite a bit of pirate/Hook stuff so that would make sense to have him write it up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RadioGirl27 said:

The ring, if there is really a ring, is probably from Gideon, LOL. And that is way Emma has been filming so much with Belle, Rumple, the Black Fairy and Gideon, they are preparing the wedding.

I looked and looked at all the photos and  couldn't see any ring so I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this spoiler...then i had the thought that Gideon maybe cursed Emma's engagement ring to control her, because A&E can't let Emma have anything nice for more than the obligatory 30 secs or less.

My theory is Killian on a quest to free Emma because Gideon is holding her hostage via some means to get her to help him be the Saviour of the Dark Realm..

1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Heck, even that would be fun if we got to see Hook encountering post-its and figuring out how they work, being amazed at paper that just sticks where you put it, and then plastering the house with post-its because it's so cool. But that would mean screentime for Hook, remembering that he doesn't have the memory download, and having fun with the premise of storybook characters living in our world, so it won't happen that way. Or in a text.

There's a fanfic about Hook and post-its...it's hilarious and cute..

3 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I can't muster up anything to say.

I can: I'm actually shocked.  No really.  Truly shocked.  

I know it hasn't happened yet, but I figured that the rumor was just another big A&E smokescreen to pacify certain audience members.

I've been trying and trying to think of something to say about the spoilers (such as they are) for the upcoming half season - and potential reboot - but nothing has really grabbed me.  And the rest of you have pretty much said it all.  :)  This is the first time I actually wanted to post something in this thread in a while.  

3 hours ago, Souris said:

Given the show's track record, I can't get excited because I know it will likely be rushed, poorly written and unsatisfying, like all "big" emotional moments.

Unfortunately, I also agree with this^.  

3 hours ago, Curio said:

And this^.

But come on - she'll have to go have shots with her bestie to celebrate after, right?  //snark.

1 hour ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I'm joking, but really, Emma is spending way more time with him than with Hook. At this rate, the proposal must have been via post-it.

Just please tell me they don't do a Pirates of the Caribbean type thing, where Hook asks her in the middle of a battle.  I liked it in the movie just fine.  I just don't want it for these two.

1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

It'll probably be the standard TV thing in which he spends a lot of time planning the perfect proposal (in scenes separate from Emma), and then some crisis happens, so the proposal will be a hastily blurted thing in the middle of action, after which Emma will run go see how Regina is doing.

Ah geez - I think you just nailed it.  

11 minutes ago, clairetvfanatic said:

Tumblr is full of them! :D

Thanks! None of the blogs I follow on tumblr have posted any pics. That definitely looks like a diamond ring! :D

Edited by pezgirl7

I'm not really a fan of the coat on Emma. It looks like something Regina would wear, and the buttons make it look a bit military-ish which kind of gives a closed off/reserved vibe. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. :)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I'm honestly surprised they are going with a "traditional" engagement ring.  I thought it would probably be red like a ruby and old looking like something Hook's had for centuries.

I didn't think it would be this traditional, either.

4 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Eduardo Castro interview regarding costume designing for OUAT (X).

Well. CS wedding likely confirmed in this interview. He says he's designing stuff for a wedding. Thought it might turn out to be the Wedding party for Ruby and Dorothy, of course!

He also says this in the interview:

The basic story line of Once will be completed this season. 

I donno how much inside info he has, but everyone seems to be operating under the assumption that this could be the final season for OUAT.

Edited by Rumsy4

If the writers were planning on giving Captain Swan a wedding in the finale, then why the hell haven't they allowed them to interact this season? They've been pairing Emma up with everyone but Hook, and then in the finale, they're going to abruptly shift gears and go, "Oh right, I forgot about this True Love couple. Let's quickly give Emma her happy ending, even though there was zero emotional crescendo between her and Killian leading up to this moment." 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Curio said:

If the writers were planning on giving Captain Swan a wedding in the finale, then why the hell haven't they allowed them to interact this season?

Because then viewers would figure out what the writers are building up to, and we can't have that.

• Love 4
Just now, KingOfHearts said:

Because then viewers would figure out what the writers are building up to, and we can't have that.

Ugh, it's painful how much this is true.

Whyyyyy would they give an Enchanted Forest adventure to Emma and August of all people if they knew a wedding was only ten episodes away? Why all the unnecessary Emma/Regina episodes where they get sucked to other worlds? Why separate Killian from the rest of the group for several episodes in 6B? This is not how you build up to what is supposed to be one of the biggest moments in the series.

• Love 7

Even if they hadn't anticipated S6 to be the final season (that in and of itself reeks of mind-blowing overconfidence), they literally have had very little CS interaction so far to justify marriage at the end of the season. Emma went to hell and back to get Hook, but apparently went back to her S4 persona after that. There nothing in S6B spoilers to indicate that Emma and Killian are going to spend meaningful time together. I have no hope this marriage will be set-up in an emotionally meaningful manner. Added to that, they may end up losing their kid to make way for Swan Believer 2.0. This just makes me sad.

1 hour ago, Curio said:

Whyyyyy would they give an Enchanted Forest adventure to Emma and August of all people if they knew a wedding was only ten episodes away? Why all the unnecessary Emma/Regina episodes where they get sucked to other worlds? Why separate Killian from the rest of the group for several episodes in 6B?

This wedding is obviously a patched-up business set-up at the last minute, after A&E realized that the Show is not getting renewed as is. Despite that, it was criminal to have sidelined CS to this extent this season.  

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Curio said:

If the writers were planning on giving Captain Swan a wedding in the finale, then why the hell haven't they allowed them to interact this season? 

Because they probably thought they would have at least one more season to play things out.  I bet they did not think renewal was in danger until they were on the mid-season hiatus and by then they had most of the season written.

• Love 4

The only way I'll accept a Captain Swan wedding in the finale is if they give Emma and Hook another Season 3 finale scenario where they go off on an epic 2-episode solo adventure to make up for the 60+ episodes the writers refused to give them solo adventures throughout Seasons 4, 5, and 6. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Curio said:

These are the same writers who planned to kill Robin and didn't have Robin and Regina interact for most of the season. It was hard to buy her intense grief when most of the time you got the feeling she didn't even notice whether or not he was around and might not remember his name if she ran into him.  So, yeah, a wedding after no interaction would be par for the course. At least it might be a joyous reunion.

And watch it be some random wedding or a fantasy sequence, or something. Every time they tease a wedding, and the CS fans get all excited, and it turns out to be something like Rumple and Belle or Zelena and Robin in the AU.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Curio said:

The only way I'll accept a Captain Swan wedding in the finale is if they give Emma and Hook another Season 3 finale scenario where they go off on an epic 2-episode solo adventure to make up for the 60+ episodes the writers refused to give them solo adventures throughout Seasons 4, 5, and 6. 

I'm not even expecting one meaningful CS-centric episode. The Season finale is likely going to be a 5 minute wedding followed by Team Hero running around like headless chickens alternating with future!Henry and future!CS Baby playing Swan Believer 2.0. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

And watch it be some random wedding or a fantasy sequence, or something. Every time they tease a wedding, and the CS fans get all excited, and it turns out to be something like Rumple and Belle or Zelena and Robin in the AU.

Honestly, part of me wants the wedding not to be CS. They haven't earned it this season. I'd take a Ruby/Dorothy or Grumpy/Granny wedding over CS. I'd rather have no CS wedding at all and gamble on a Season 7 instead of a rushed Season 6 finale wedding where it'll most likely be tacked on in the last 5 minutes of the series. But hey, as long as Regina gets her happy ending...whatever that is. 

• Love 3

I'm kind of ready for the end of the show to be honest and spoilers seem to indicate it is.

I don't think a CS wedding will be rushed at all especially after S5. I'm very happy CS are getting their happy ending.

TBH if there is  a S7 I honestly see only Regina staying and maybe all of the characters coming back in the finale or something.

This season has really had a lot of signs that this is the end.

You've got Snowing wanting to just settle down and live there lives.

You've got Rumbelle and their son and those issues which will probably be resolved by him turning back to a child

You've got Captain Swan getting engaged and married and starting their future together. Maybe with a child in a flash-forward or something.

You've got the much demanded musical episode

You've got the Black Fairy as the big bad which has been an entity on the show since S1.

All the signs are there that this is the end. Maybe for everyone but Regina and maybe Zelena.

I would've been happy if S5 had been the last one and CS had simply gotten engaged at the end of it. I've never been less excited for a CS wedding. There's just been no lead-up to it so far. I could be wrong and there's tons of CS interactions in S6, but I'm not hopeful from spoilers. I just feel like this season was a squandered opportunity for all characters, not just CS. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Curio said:

Ugh, it's painful how much this is true.

Whyyyyy would they give an Enchanted Forest adventure to Emma and August of all people if they knew a wedding was only ten episodes away? Why all the unnecessary Emma/Regina episodes where they get sucked to other worlds? Why separate Killian from the rest of the group for several episodes in 6B? This is not how you build up to what is supposed to be one of the biggest moments in the series.

Because A&E don't think it's one of the biggest moments in the series. After all, it's not Regina getting married.

50 minutes ago, CCTC said:

Because they probably thought they would have at least one more season to play things out.  I bet they did not think renewal was in danger until they were on the mid-season hiatus and by then they had most of the season written.

I'm sure they figured S7 was a shoe-in for renewal -- and it would have been if the abysmal double-Regina arc hadn't tanked ratings. But even with that, they KNEW that Jennifer and Robert's contracts were up at the end of S6. They gave Rumple a lot to do because of that but couldn't be bothered to give Emma much of substance and instead separated her from her True Love for the bulk of the season.

A&E suck.

• Love 4

Just reread the interview.  It is a bit amazing that Eduardo causally revealed the wedding and the story lines coming to an end.  I cannot imagine he was given the green light to reveal those details (not that cancellation or reset have not been floating out there for awhile).  I suspect Adam is not happy.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, CCTC said:

Just reread the interview.  It is a bit amazing that Eduardo causally revealed the wedding and the story lines coming to an end.  I cannot imagine he was given the green light to reveal those details (not that cancellation or reset have not been floating out there for awhile).  I suspect Adam is not happy.

Eduardo has done that a few times before. It's hilarious. He also released the Boozer Hook sketch.

I guess it was worth noting that JMo's been liking wedding dresses on IG all season.

Edited by Souris

Well, looks like I was wrong, it IS baby Rumple in 6x19, not baby Gideon, since it's part of the flashback for the episode.

OK, Rumple's likely gonna die here.  Might as well make the Pan ripoff complete.

6 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Well, looks like I was wrong, it IS baby Rumple in 6x19, not baby Gideon, since it's part of the flashback for the episode.

Not doubting you, but can you link to the source?