Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Yeah.  As much as I would like her to not be someone major, the fact she's running the ice cream shop screams "Snow Queen" to me.

Unlike Zelena, it seems she's ingrained enough in the town to run the ice cream shop. It's not like that's low-key, like Zelena. If she's a power magic Snow Queen, she's just been doing whatever all this time?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Do we know it's the new costume today? 

Yeah.  As much as I would like her to not be someone major, the fact she's running the ice cream shop screams "Snow Queen" to me.

I think I just read somewhere that she was spotted in that leather jacket from earlier in the week, so I am assuming this is pre costume change.  Also: What is that hat?!

I think that's just Jen protecting her face from the sun. She and Ginny both had big hats during run-throughs last time they filmed in Steveston. And the pic of JMo in the leather jacket was from last week; the person who took it just happened to upload it today and clarified for people.

We don't know anything about when Hook's costume change will show up -- people (me) were just hoping for today!

OK, JMo and Josh changed clothes. Looks like they're trying to find somebody at the closed ice cream shop. I swear, that shot makes it look like Will is picking the lock.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Unlike Zelena, it seems she's ingrained enough in the town to run the ice cream shop. It's not like that's low-key, like Zelena. If she's a power magic Snow Queen, she's just been doing whatever all this time?

She could be hiding from someone, laying low.  Maybe her magic hasn't returned and with Elsa in town, it might jump start it some...maybe she actually came with the second curse.  We don't know if the second curse brought more people in or not.   just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

• Love 1

OK, JMo and Josh changed clothes. Looks like they're trying to find somebody at the closed ice cream shop. I swear, that shot makes it look like Will is picking the lock.

Yeah...I sure looks like they're trying to break in.  I wonder if the Ice Cream shop is not just new to us, but new to Storybrooke?  

Yeah...I sure looks like they're trying to break in.  I wonder if the Ice Cream shop is not just new to us, but new to Storybrooke?  

Maybe they desperately want "Rocky Road" ice cream?

As for EM she's definitely the Snow Queen or Elsa's mom (or both). Some interviewer asked if EM was one of those 2 and A&E confirmed that she was.

So I guess Charming and Will were definitely boyhood friends. I'm curious to see that dynamic.  It's about time Charming had something to do besides be Snow's sidekick.

• Love 3

I think this pretty much confirm that E. Mitchell character is more than a common citizen.

I don't like that Charming and Emma are taking Will with them in their investigation. It seems a bit out of character for her to trust him so quickly. Even if he is Charming's BFF (one we haven't seen or heard about before), the last time she trusted one of her parents lost friends was really Cora.

I suppose he can be in Storybrooke because of something related to E. Mitchell character. And I know A&E want to integrate him in the show. But so much trust so quickly is odd and out of character.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Hell, the last time one of her parents had a friend, it was Zelena the midwife!

I agree about it being odd that they're taking Will along. Unless he's somehow tied up in whatever they're looking for. Just goes back to how the heck they're going to work him into the show.

As for JMo's hat, you can still get sun damage even when it's cloudy. (Speaking as someone whose skin color is basically Casper and who doesn't wear hats like she should.)

Edited by Souris

I'm ridiculously happy at the frequency we are seeing reports of JMo and Josh filming together especially when they are doing stuff like breaking and entering.  The one thing I really liked about 3B was that Charming moved up and into the action and all the Emma/Charming/Hook/Regina team up to fight evil stuff.

Its too bad that the writers can't seem to make room for Snow and Charming to have agency at the same time.  Hopefully they learn something in S4.

• Love 3

I'm ridiculously happy at the frequency we are seeing reports of JMo and Josh filming together especially when they are doing stuff like breaking and entering. The one thing I really liked about 3B was that Charming moved up and into the action and all the Emma/Charming/Hook/Regina team up to fight evil stuff.

Its too bad that the writers can't seem to make room for Snow and Charming to have agency at the same time. Hopefully they learn something in S4.

That's just because of Ginny's pregnancy. Once she is fully recovered and back full time, they will go back to have Snow and Charming together all the time and being boring as hell. Edited by RadioGirl27

That's just because of Ginny's pregnancy. Once she is fully recovered and back full time, they will go back to have Snow and Charming together all the time and boring as hell.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we got some scenes with Red helping Snow at the loft while Charming is away? It's a pipe dream, but those two haven't interacted hardly at all in Storybrooke.

I think this pretty much confirm that E. Mitchell character is more than a common citizen.

Well obviously she is Elsa's mom. If she's here, it's doubtful Kristoff and Anna are too...

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
That's just because of Ginny's pregnancy. Once she is fully recovered and back full time, they will go back to have Snow and Charming together all the time and being boring as hell.

I'm more concerned that once Ginny is back full-time, Emma's interaction with her parents will go back to being 98% with Snow and 2% with Charming. The Charming-Emma relationship we got in S3 was lovely, much better than the Snow-Emma, and I want to keep the daddy/daughter relationship developing.

I'm really torn on Snow-Emma, because on the one hand, I think the writers have to be aware that that relationship is strained. There's a marked difference between Snow-Emma and Charming-Emma right now, so on some level, the writers have to be conscious that the Charming-Emma relationship is a little more natural for Emma, right? But then they never do anything with the Snow-Emma strain, so I just don't know.

Edited by stealinghome

I'm going to assume Will & Charming know each other and that's why they are so easily trusting Will there. Who knows where Ana is. Would be interesting to have her on though. I'm just sad Hook's not there too.

Ask Ausiello about Hook and the Jolly Roger.

Canadagraphs ‏@canadagraphs 17m

Lunch time on the #OnceUponATime set. Ginnifer Goodwin and Raphel Sbarge did a run thru for a scene I expect them to do after lunch.

Edited by Souris

Ask Ausiello about Hook and the Jolly Roger.

Question: Will Once Upon a Time fans find out to whom Hook traded his ship? —Meg

Ausiello: Not anytime soon. “It’s definitely something I myself am wondering,” says Colin O’Donoghue, three episodes into shooting Season 4. Especially given the significance of the trade, in the name of helping Emma, “I would be intrigued to see exactly what happened there,” the pirate’s portrayer adds. “The Jolly Roger was his life for 300 years!”

You and me both, Colin. I already ranted about this in the wishes thread, but if the writers never address that on screen, I may have a hissy fit.

Ugh, I'm bummed they changed clothing--Josh's first outfit looked much better. I don't know why they're allergic to putting Charming in colors.

Agreed. Also, I think the costume department is secretly on a mission to have everyone wearing leather motorcycle jackets 24/7 by the end of the series.

• Love 2

Eh, I don't think we necessarily need to know who bought the Jolly Roger. Or I don't personally, anyway. Not unless it's relevant to the plot. It's supposed to be the "fastest ship in the land" or something, so I don't think the buyer need be a "significant" person.

On the other hand, the buyer did have access to magic beans, and now has an enchanted ship, so it's not totally out of the question they might end up in Storybrooke at some point. So I think the writers are wise to keep this one up their sleeve in case they need it for a future plot. It certainly doesn't seem like a glaring omission to me, anyway.

• Love 3

Yeah, I suspect that it will be revealed at some future time. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like we will find out eventually, but only when it becomes relevant to the plot.

More photos of filming, with Granny, Grumpy, Archie and Liz Mitchell.

Snow with Snowflake.

JMo is wearing the same outfit as in the park shoot last week, so apparently the same on-screen day.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I was disappointed Hook's journey to Emma wasn't elaborated on behind a brief explanation at the finale. If someone significant bought the ship, I'm more than open to finding out who did. However, it better be more than just a lip service!

Edited by KingOfHearts

I don't think they have any idea who bought Hook's ship.  I do think they have a wall of post it notes with stuff like 'Who has Hook's ship?" for when they run out of story ideas.  Whether we ever hear about the JR again depends if that is more interesting to them than the other stuff on that wall.

• Love 2

Colin and Georgina have arrived on set. Still with the same outfits.

Elsa's outfit is beginning to bug me... it's just too distracting. Maybe it's the lighting, but the colors are a little too eye-catching and saturated.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I want to know what is on her butt in that shot!

First off, what are Hook and Elsa doing together while Emma is running off with the Knave and her father? Interesting....

I suspect they're all looking for the same thing/person (Anna and/or Kristoff?) and have split up to do so. My spec is that: 1) Emma is distancing herself again for whatever reason we find out at the end of this ep, and 2) If that reason is indeed Emma's fears over her magical control, perhaps Elsa can be instructive to Hook by talking about what happened with her and Anna, since he'd be the Anna to Emma's Elsa in this equation. 

Second, where's the new Hook costume? Ughhhhhh.

I knoooow! I bet they're enjoying our frenzied waiting. I'm guessing Ep. 5, if they keep with the season trend of that ep being a CS/Hook-themed one.

Elsa means nothing to Hook! Emma probably told him to babysit her.

Slightly off topic I've been really getting into Chasing Life with the guy who plays Kristoff (Scott Michael Foster) and you guys I'm telling you he's -awesome- in that show and I'm pretty sure he's now second in my tv crushes to Colin. I started watching Chasing Life by accident (I hate watch PLL) and I was prepared to hate it and it's actually really really good and you all should go try it out. And I hate depressing tv shows but it's hilarious and awesome and depressing all at once but SMF is just....awesome. So awesome. I'm bummed it's finished now until December, but I am only slightly mollified by the fact I can see him on OUAT.

• Love 1

Hook and Elsa are standing in front of the Modern Fashions store. Maybe they're both going to get new outfits together. ;)

http://hookier.tumblr.com/post/94592530419

From ouatfashionfinds on tumblr:

Further information I recieved on Hook’s leather jacket that will appear in the new season, from one of the owner’s of Ocean Drive Leather:

"The leather jacket we designed is tight fitting asymmetric and has sleeve and pocket zips. It also has leather ribbing on the elbows and behind the shoulders. Quite sexy! I hear that he is quite popular with the fans."

He also mentioned that they might be designing a new jacket for Emma, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

____

Not really excited about the ribbing, but I will withhold judgment until I see it.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 2

I really don't care what his new jacket looks like, just as long as it has a high collar. It would feel wrong to have Hook without a high popped collar (and of course a deep v-neck underneath).

Edited by Curio

I really don't care what his new jacket looks like, just as long as it has a high collar. It would feel wrong to have Hook without a high popped collar (and of course a deep v-neck underneath).

With it being asymmetrical that gives Hook plenty of opportunity to show off chest depending on what he wears under it of course.

• Love 1

This description of Hook's new leather jacket sounded really cool. Asymmetrical, lots of zippers, high collar! I wonder what something like that would look like....

And I thought of this

Soooooooo yeah, there's that.

Elsa means nothing to Hook! Emma probably told him to babysit her.

I guess since he babysat Belle so well? I don't know. If I were him, I would make sure to at least charge the Charmings when they inevitably ask him to watch Baby Neal in episode 6.

Edited by sharky

Info about the Hook/Elsa scene from oncepromised:

They leave a shop together and stop outside to talk. Killian looked like he wanted Elsa to follow him because he kept making waving hand motions, but she looked hesitant. And they talk some more and she finally follows him. They didn’t look overly friendly, he looked frustrated.

Hmm, it does look like Hook is on Elsa-sitting duty and he's not too thrilled about it.

Also, if that coat really does weigh 50 pounds, that's impressive Colin can do the dancey jump so easily.

I'm trying to picture leather ribbing on the elbows and ... that sounds weird. Or maybe what I think is ribbing is not what they mean by ribbing.

OK, good, not what I was envisioning. I was envisioning something raised. My Googling was less helpful.

Colin and JMo are now filming. Nobody can see what's going on.

And apparently Lana came and filmed a scene without anybody realizing, LOL.

I have not been a productive member of society today with all this online filming stalking.

Edited by Souris

Question: Will Once Upon a Time fans find out to whom Hook traded his ship? —Meg

Ausiello: Not anytime soon. “It’s definitely something I myself am wondering,” says Colin O’Donoghue, three episodes into shooting Season 4. Especially given the significance of the trade, in the name of helping Emma, “I would be intrigued to see exactly what happened there,” the pirate’s portrayer adds. “The Jolly Roger was his life for 300 years!”

You and me both, Colin. I already ranted about this in the wishes thread, but if the writers never address that on screen, I may have a hissy fit.

Agreed. Also, I think the costume department is secretly on a mission to have everyone wearing leather motorcycle jackets 24/7 by the end of the series.

Eh, I don't think we necessarily need to know who bought the Jolly Roger. Or I don't personally, anyway. Not unless it's relevant to the plot. It's supposed to be the "fastest ship in the land" or something, so I don't think the buyer need be a "significant" person.

On the other hand, the buyer did have access to magic beans, and now has an enchanted ship, so it's not totally out of the question they might end up in Storybrooke at some point. So I think the writers are wise to keep this one up their sleeve in case they need it for a future plot. It certainly doesn't seem like a glaring omission to me, anyway.

I want to see that flashback, not because I want to know who has the ship (I don't think the writers have decided it yet) but because the way Hook explained it to Emma sounded like a lot of fun. We have seen so many boring flashbacks that I don't want to miss one that sounds funny and full of action.

Captain Swan kiss in front of Ganny's diner right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jessi2184bones/status/499435437740810241

It seems it's Hook who starts the kiss this time, and, thank God, Emma doesn't back off,  or I think I would have heard the rapist! cries from the haters from Spain.

Here there is an account of the scene, for those interested.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

I wake up to those spoiler pictures - it's like I don't even care what happens the rest of the day.

I'm glad to hear that, despite all the talk of it being complicated and Emma's walls, they do appear to be making progress.  I rather expected it, but it's still nice to see confirmation that Emma hasn't started freezing (heh) him out totally. 

• Love 5

According to filming reports they have some sort of argument that goes from inside the diner to in front of the diner and ends in the kiss.  Since I think this is the episode when we find out Emma's big secret, I am thinking this means at least relatively smooth sailing on the CaptainSwan front for awhile.  

As I see it, that kiss (if they keep it, I mean, they are always cutting scenes that seem important) can mean two things: the end of Emma's problems, if she is talking about that in their conversation before the kiss, or the beginning of them, if something happens during the kiss (there were in front of a green screen, so the possibility of her hurting him accidentally with magic is there).

At least, it seems that the people that was freaking out about Elsa/Hook and Emma/Will is more quiet now.

Edited by RadioGirl27

The green screen part intrigues me. So either something could be CGI-ed into the background of their kiss, or they transport somewhere else. Which would be pretty awesome for her... that's a big step up from teleporting a cup across the room!

Videos from that scene: Walking Out and Kissing

The only words I can clearly hear Colin say are "I'm sorry" and "Emma." (If I had to try and make out what he's saying... it sounds like it could be: "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you... Emma, sweetheart. -- Edit: Okay, every time I listen to it, I hear something different. Feel free to ignore or disprove me everyone! Also edited to add: God, what has this show done to me that I'm now re-watching a 15 second clip over and over and over...

Edited by Curio

Daxx -- I noticed that too! There are times the hook bugs me because he obviously has a hand inside it. Climbing the beanstalk with it is a perfect example. So to see him use it like it's a part of him is pretty cool. And whoa that kiss! I approve. But yea, whatever is up with the green screen will be interesting.

As for the Hook/Elsa scene, hmmmm. If Emma is going to be friends with Elsa, I can see him with Elsa as a favor to Emma. Plus, I can actually see him being a friend to Elsa since they both seem to have wardrobe issues in Storybrooke. Perhaps they both have trouble letting things go. (Let it go, let it go!)

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1

OK - the sappy side of me is now picturing the conversation and subsequent kiss with the "Captain Swan" musical theme playing in the background. "Sigh". BTW - does anyone know if that piece of music had an official title? You all know what I'm talking about, right?

As for the Hook/Elsa scene, hmmmm. If Emma is going to be friends with Elsa, I can see him with Elsa as a favor to Emma. Plus, I can actually see him being a friend to Elsa since they both seem to have wardrobe issues in Storybrooke. Perhaps they both have trouble letting things go. (Let it go, let it go!)

I'm happy he has something to do away from Emma, even if it's being Elsa's "nanny". I'm a bit concerned about the lack of spoilers for him that aren't related to his relationship with Emma. He was a cool character so I don't want him to become a male version of Belle.

I still hope he has some link to Arandelle, and he actually has something in common with Elsa, apart from the wardrobe thing, both are alone in a strange world, one they probably don't understand.

• Love 1