Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Not that I care about Lily, but I always roll my eyes when I see another dropped plot from A&E. If the Dragon isn't the father, why the heck would he mention he got separated from his daughter? That was such a specific thing. At the very least it could have gently answered the question without taking up time to do Lily's story. Why deny it altogether? There's no point in that. If S6 is the last season, just throw a bone to the three people out there wanting a conclusion.

2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Maybe he'll take everyone to Agrabah!

That's exactly what I think he's being brought on for, the Nautilus can probably go through the realms' connected magic waterways like mermaids can.

Honestly, I do hope for a short season 7 because I want closure for cs and the Charming clan but I am not sure anymore they will getting it.

Do you really think a short season 7 would provide it anyway?  It would probably still be all Regina, Regina, Regina, some Rumple, REGINA.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Not that I care about Lily, but I always roll my eyes when I see another dropped plot from A&E. If the Dragon isn't the father, why the heck would he mention he got separated from his daughter? That was such a specific thing. At the very least it could have gently answered the question without taking up time to do Lily's story. Why deny it altogether? There's no point in that. If S6 is the last season, just throw a bone to the three people out there wanting a conclusion.

Maybe Mulan is his daughter?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KateJones said:

For some reason I've always thought Agrabah was land-locked.

Prince Eric was about to set off on an expedition to Agrabah when Ariel met him, and that was the angst about telling him who she was, since once he left, he'd be in a place she couldn't reach him. That suggests that it was landlocked, or else he was taking the land route and would be out of reach by a mermaid until he got there.

I'm excited about the return of Nemo, and hopefully of Liam 2.0 -- since Adam was snarky about Hook's past demons, my impulse would be to ask about his present demons, including potential PTSD from his recent experiences and maybe developing a relationship with the only family he has left. He can do stuff in the present that isn't entirely about atoning for his past, and it would be nice if the atoning for his past continued for more than one episode and was a process rather than just one good deed. Although Nemo looks so much like one of my neighbors that seeing him triggers my sense of being at an HOA meeting, so that's a little disconcerting.

Edited by Shanna Marie
Oops, forgot something
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Hookian said:

No media outlet is reporting that this is the last season on the show. On the contrary they're all saying that it has one more season. So Season 7 will be the last season of the show.

No media outlet is reporting it because there hasn't been a public decision to report. However, at least one speculation site is putting Once in the "tossup" category, leaning toward S7 but still a tossup. None of these renewal-spec sites has a perfect record, so it's not like anything they predict is take-it-to-the-bank gospel. Nothing is guaranteed in the TV biz.

There was a TV show I watched years ago that was on CBS's in-house board as renewed the night before the upfronts. They canceled it overnight before the upfronts. Anything can happen.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KateJones said:

For some reason I've always thought Agrabah was land-locked. But who knows. TS, TW. 

Same here...however since Jasmine said  it was 'gone'....maybe someone with a genie wished it to a nice private island with a better climate...and Nemo can take CS there. Thinking ahead to the next inevitable CS separation to feed the SQers next wet dream...maybe Killian will choose time away from Emma to spend it with his brother on the Nautilus.. very OOC for the Killian we know but not for the pod person Killian they replaced real Klillian with in 6.10....

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Souris said:

No media outlet is reporting it because there hasn't been a public decision to report. However, at least one speculation site is putting Once in the "tossup" category, leaning toward S7 but still a tossup. None of these renewal-spec sites has a perfect record, so it's not like anything they predict is take-it-to-the-bank gospel. Nothing is guaranteed in the TV biz.

Especially since they're only making speculations based upon ratings, when there are many other factors to consider.  There have been many shows that have been cancelled at a point where they had much better ratings than Once currently has (including on ABC, like "Desperate Housewives".)

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

They could have the Nautilus spring up inside an oasis in the desert, because you know--magic.

Like the ship in the middle of the island on LOST. Oh, they're totally going to do it now. I've always thought it was a miracle Hook never jumped the curb and ended up on land when portal jumping on the Jolly Roger.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mathius said:

Especially since they're only making speculations based upon ratings, when there are many other factors to consider.  There have been many shows that have been cancelled at a point where they had much better ratings than Once currently has (including on ABC, like "Desperate Housewives".)

Was it cancelled though? I thought Marc Cherry, the creator wanted to end DH after eight seasons? Anyway, I think OUAT will have another season, two at the most. 

Edited by Lies
Just now, Mathius said:

Not if the network wants to change direction and OUAT no longer fits in on it.

But didn't the head of ABC or whoever say that OUAT was one of the shows they wanted to continue as long as possible? I think this was said last year or less (my memory is a bit foggy). And I read somewhere that OUAT is still the highest performing show on ABC on Sunday nights but I could be wrong about this.

For what it's worth, I think the show is on its last legs...It's so obvious A&E have no inspiration anymore. Every year the writing gets worse and worse (I don't just mean how they write romantic and non romantic relationships, but also the stories/character arcs). 

1 hour ago, Lies said:

But didn't the head of ABC or whoever say that OUAT was one of the shows they wanted to continue as long as possible?

Paul Lee said that...and he was forced out earlier this year, before 5B premiered.

• Love 2

I haven't watched the last two episodes out of sheer laziness.

Maybe Colin can go be an Anne Rice vampire on cable in a year so at least I can still look at the pretty. This show. Ugh.

9 minutes ago, Souris said:

Details of Charming/Hook scenes filmed in SB for 6x12.

So Charming's father is apparently a ghost. Yep, Hook killed him.

Are they ... actually pretending that David's real last name is Charming? I hope the photog got that wrong or they're just using that facetiously or something.

I don't like that Hook asks David for permission to propose to Emma. I know they're all old-fashioned fairytale characters and yadda yadda yadda, but IMO a marriage proposal isn't anybody's damn business but the two people involved and nobody needs permission to ask. Call me new-fashioned. Plus it steals the thunder of an actual proposal scene.

Also, this is far too early in the season for an engagement to happen. It's not going to happen randomly in the middle of the season. Either stuff will happen and Hook won't be able to propose for ages or Emma will say either no or maybe, but not yes. They'll drag her yes out until the finale. Or if she says no, then she'll propose to him in the finale. (I'm picturing Bones, where they kept taking turns proposing.)

Maybe getting engaged is the "epic adventure" A&E were talking about. Though the way this season has gone, I expect Emma to say no.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

as he was portraying the part of Robert Charming, who as I am lead to believe, is a ghost in this scene.

Why do I feel like this is going to be one of those really embarrassing scenes? Oh wait, that's most of the show at this point.

Still not convinced Hook killed Charming Senior, but it appears Charming spends at least part of the episode thinking he did. I think it could be that Charming falsely accuses him, feels bad about it, and Hook seizes the opportunity to ask for his blessing. 

• Love 2

I don't like that Hook asks David for permission to propose to Emma. I know they're all old-fashioned fairytale characters and yadda yadda yadda, but IMO a marriage proposal isn't anybody's damn business but the two people involved and nobody needs permission to ask. Call me new-fashioned. Plus it steals the thunder of an actual proposal scene.

Also, this is far too early in the season for an engagement to happen. It's not going to happen randomly in the middle of the season. Either stuff will happen and Hook won't be able to propose for ages or Emma will say either no or maybe, but not yes. They'll drag her yes out until the finale. Or if she says no, then she'll propose to him in the finale. (I'm picturing Bones, where they kept taking turns proposing.)

It's not too early if it's the last season. Also be wary that they could like you said drag it out until closer to the end. Even so I don't think she'll say no. There's no reason for her too, especially after the AU where she sees old Hook.

I expect she knows she wants to spend her life with him however I think that Hook will wait till closer to the end of the season to propose to her. However I think she'll propose to him.

There's 2 scenarios.

1. If there's a S7, they get engaged near the finale and the wedding happens in S7

2. If this is the last season they will give us a proposal near the middle of the season and then wedding at the end OR they'll pull a Rumbelle. What I mean by that is they got engaged in one episode, and then they got married the next.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Hookian said:

2. If this is the last season they will give us a proposal near the middle of the season and then wedding at the end OR they'll pull a Rumbelle. What I mean by that is they got engaged in one episode, and then they got married the next.

Except they would've had to know this is the last season when they wrote this ep, and they wrote it ages ago. Unless Emma says yes in the penultimate ep & they rush them to the altar in the next like your RB example.

Man, I hope it's a bigger 'do than that RB wedding.

13 minutes ago, Souris said:

Except they would've had to know this is the last season when they wrote this ep, and they wrote it ages ago. Unless Emma says yes in the penultimate ep & they rush them to the altar in the next like your RB example.

Man, I hope it's a bigger 'do than that RB wedding.

I imagine Snow will definitely want to plan an extravagant wedding for Emma and Killian but honestly they don't really need much. Just sunset on the jolly roger with everyone in attendance. Fingers crossed for cameo appearances from a lot of the characters from the past. Maybe even Elsa and Anna?

Wow!!!

I am surprise they spoiled that.

Sure, it is just asking the permission of the father of the potential bride to be... But still huge!!  

We know as this kind of show play and even if Emma hesitate at first a wedding will be celebrate soon I Storybook. 

I will have my wedding but does that put more weight in the show will end this season basket.

Annoying if Hook really killed papy Charming why? At least Hook and Charming seems OK.

6 hours ago, InsertWordHere said:

I think it could be that Charming falsely accuses him, feels bad about it, and Hook seizes the opportunity to ask for his blessing. 

I can see this. If Hook really killed papa Charming, he's not going to be asking for son Charming's blessing to marry his daughter. heh

Yeah--I don't like the idea of Hook asking for David's "blessing" to marry Emma. We'll see...

• Love 2

I'm old fashioned. My hubs asked my dad for permission. My dad didn't tell me and it was still a total surprise. I think it's wonderful and cute. And totally in character for a 300-year old who believes in good form, pirate or not. 

That said, I'm still worried Emma is going to die. I don't like it. At all. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Hookian said:

1. If there's a S7, they get engaged near the finale and the wedding happens in S7

Oh God, I just got a flash of what the wedding will be like - probably in the very final episode, if they have time to plan for it.  Like Snow and Charmings', and of course, Regina will sweep in and interrupt - but this time to give her blessing.  [blech].  That way A&E can still make it all about the EQ.  [bangs head on table].

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, KateJones said:

You mean like actually really die with her moving onto a better place with FuckWitFire and Killian joining his kid brother's family on the Nautilus....?

Until the SQ wet dream that was 6.10 I  would have never believed it...now...not so much. I'm sure the more rabid SQ faction would prefer Emma die than live happily ever after with Killian....and we all know who Adam's listening to.

What do A&E care if they kill Emma off in the last episode of the series...? They'll be playing with their new shiny toy..The Odd Couple: Regina and The Evil Queen...a OUaT spin off.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, KateJones said:

And totally in character for a 300-year old who believes in good form, pirate or not. 

Plus, he is from a time and place with absolute monarchs, talking to the King or prince-consort, about marrying the princess.  He should probably talk to Snow, but does he know that, and David is the one awake.

• Love 1

I had another thought about the handcuffing. It could be merely to prevent Hook from stopping David from doing something stupid like try to take revenge on the person who killed his dad (King George).

Why is David's dad a ghost? Where do ghosts fit in the Underworld heirarchy? If the writers had spent 2 minutes showing David and Snow searching for their parents' gravestones in Underbrooke instead of pandering to Regina all the time, I would buy David's angst better. But at least he's getting some focus after being sidelined since 5B. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, KateJones said:

I'm old fashioned. My hubs asked my dad for permission. My dad didn't tell me and it was still a total surprise. I think it's wonderful and cute. And totally in character for a 300-year old who believes in good form, pirate or not. 

I find it sweet and in character for Hook to ask for Charming's blessing too. 

Emma is not going to die. I'm 200% certain of that just like Hook was never going to stay dead. This is just pure angst. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

I had another thought about the handcuffing. It could be merely to prevent Hook from stopping David from doing something stupid like try to take revenge on the person who killed his dad (King George).

Yeah, this is what I think (hope?) is happening.

About Hook asking Charming's blessing, I think it makes sense for a 300 years old pirate who is going to marry a princess to ask for the father's blessing. Is it old-fashioned? Yes. But so is David.

8 hours ago, Souris said:

Though the way this season has gone, I expect Emma to say no.

Yeah. If Hook asks after Robin leaves, she would say no so Regina's feelings aren't hurt ("Poor Regina, she has lost Robin for the second time. We cannot marry now. Ask me again in 50 years, maybe then she is happy with her life and we can get married").

I was thinking about why this spoiler came out today and I'm sure is more damage control from A&E, another way to bait the CS shippers that are mad because of the finale.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 5

I'm thinking once Hook realizes his role in the death of David's father (Emma's grandfather), the ring goes back to the bottom of Hook's sock drawer for awhile.

I wish I could be super excited, but that's what these writers have done to me. I do think they will end up getting engaged this season, but will probably be much later (and likely Emma will be doing the asking).

51 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Yeah. If Hook asks after Robin leaves, she would say no so Regina's feelings aren't hurt ("Poor Regina, she has lost Robin for the second time. We cannot marry now. Ask me again in 50 years, maybe then she is happy with her life and we can get married").

Of course! Because if Regina isn't happy, nobody can be happy. Emma will tell Hook no & then leave to have shots with Regina.

I'm thinking once Hook realizes his role in the death of David's father (Emma's grandfather), the ring goes back to the bottom of Hook's sock drawer for awhile.

Also completely viable. For whatever reason, there won't be an actual engagement until at least the end of the season. Heck, A&E may use a CS wedding as a bargaining chip for trying to get a S7. Like ABC would care at this point.

Edited by Souris
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

That's almost certainly the case.  If Hook had actually killed his dad, David would be punching him or attempting to shoot him, not cuffing him to a bike rack and then fleeing the scene.  Also, since David's father is a ghost (ala Hamlet's dad), King George fits the Claudius role far too perfectly.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I was thinking about why this spoiler came out today and I'm sure is more damage control from A&E, another way to bait the CS shippers that are mad because of the finale.

At this point the only spoiler that would placate me is being spoiled that Regina falls into a sleeping curses and stays asleep for the rest of the season (who am I kidding rest of the series).

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kitticup said:

At this point the only spoiler that would placate me is being spoiled that Regina falls into a sleeping curses and stays asleep for the rest of the season (who am I kidding rest of the series).

Or just gets her soul obliterated. I would go to the board's party if that happened.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

That's what I thought after seeing the pics. It didn't look like a "I'm arresting you, you scoundrel" scene, but rather a "Stay here and out of my way while I go on this misguided adventure, friend." scene.

• Love 6

Obviously Emma never told Dad that handcuffing the pirate with a hook is pointless (!).....because he always always escapes. He only stays put if he's enjoying it (and what naked Emma is doing to him at the time).

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

That was my thought, as well. And Hook's not likely to ask David's blessing if he killed David's father. Then again, they do shoot out of order, so the asking the blessing could come first, and then they get the rug pulled out from under them. Obviously, David doesn't remember that cut scene from season two if he thinks handcuffing Hook will do much good.

I'm normally not keen on the asking the blessing thing, but they are from a fairytale world, Emma is a princess and David one of the rulers, and David has shown a lot of opposition to Hook off and on. It would make sense to do a "we're cool, right?" check-in with him, while still making it clear that he's asking for a blessing, not permission, and ultimately it's Emma's choice.

I could see them going with the trope of planning a big, elaborate wedding and then ending up with something simple and quick because of circumstances -- yet another "we could all die" thing and they want to be married first, especially if they have a whole arc building up to a wedding planned, then get news of cancellation and shoehorn a quick "do you, and do you" kind of ceremony into an action scene in the season finale that they learn just in time will be a series finale.

I don't think this is any kind of damage control because this isn't an official leak. This is a known set stalker who I doubt is getting a special scoop from the network.

• Love 3

“It wouldn’t be a fun show if there weren’t consequences.” - Edward Kitsis

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha...

Yes, it WOULDN'T be a very fun show if there weren't any consequences. Of course, it also wouldn't be a fun show if the characters who least deserve consequences received the most consequences and the one character that still deserves consequences will never receive proper karma.

Why do I have the feeling that whatever "consequence" Regina and Robin endure when she brings him back to Storybrooke will have nothing to do with the fact that Regina intended on killing his wife and was actually successful in another timeline?

• Love 10

Excuse my foil hat, but I kind of think the spoiler leak was maybe approved by someone on the show. The timing of the release is so odd. A leak about a captain swan proposal comes out less than a week after a finale that left Emma fans angry and making it known on twitter. This filming happened early last month right? Why release it now? And I saw a post from Canadagraphs themselves that said they knew about the proposal before the scene was filmed and that's how he knew what was happening even though you could only hear Josh. So that's odd that he knew ahead of time something like that. The timing is just suspicious to me. Distract the fandom. Throw them a bone.

And that is my conspiracy theorizing for the day. :)

• Love 8
12 hours ago, janett snakehole said:

Excuse my foil hat, but I kind of think the spoiler leak was maybe approved by someone on the show. The timing of the release is so odd. A leak about a captain swan proposal comes out less than a week after a finale that left Emma fans angry and making it known on twitter. This filming happened early last month right? Why release it now? And I saw a post from Canadagraphs themselves that said they knew about the proposal before the scene was filmed and that's how he knew what was happening even though you could only hear Josh. So that's odd that he knew ahead of time something like that. The timing is just suspicious to me. Distract the fandom. Throw them a bone.

I don't know whether Canadagraphs was nudged by someone from the show to release it, but there's no question that the timing is certainly convenient for the show. I wouldn't be shocked. I think it could also be simply CG wanting to bring visitors to his site and knowing that the engagement news would do that. He said that the post brought the most traffic to his site in two hours than any full day since July.

How long to do you think they're going to drag this before there's an actual engagement?

Snow and David are splitting their days and nights, and Robin looks like he's leaving in 6x14 and we all know what happens when Regina is miserable. The writers take misery loves company to a whole different level. 

Kind of hoping the engagement happens in 6x13.

• Love 1