Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

There is a speculation going around Tumblr that Zeus is going to be the one that in the end saves Hook and brings him back to life. Personally if it's not Emma who saves Hook but a random guy we are going to see once (even if that random guy is the father of Gods), I would be really mad. After everything that have happened this season both Emma and Hook (and we as fans) deserve more than that. And it would make all this half season pointless, because even if Hook comes back in the end (and we know he does) Emma, the supposed hero of the show, would have failed not once but twice in saving him and everyone would have put their lifes in danger for nothing (well, except Regina who has seen her parents one last time and made amends with them).

This has nothing to do with Emma and Hook failing at their mission, but has more to do with them succeeding, and that being taken away from them. 

One thing you're glossing over is that Hook for lack of better words is dead, and no amount of true love or true love's kiss or Emma being the Savior is going to bring him back. He is dead, has been for at least a couple of weeks if not more than that. This isn't a Snowing situation, where Snow was cursed, and David dying for 20 seconds before he gets half of Snow's heart. In Hook's case, it's a one on one trade. 

We don't know what the end result of this quest is. They can be successful, and then shit hits the fan because Hades takes it away from them. Hades wants his TLK to restart his heart, and Zelena isn't exactly putting out right now. Plus what Zelena now has a real chance at a relationship with Regina. And Regina has told that Zelena can have both a relationship with her and Hades, while Hades had told Zelena to choose, because she cannot have both.

Meanwhile Hook works with Zeus on something and in the end is rewarded to come back to life and I'm sure it's gonna be an amazing reunion for Emma and Killian. 

I always assumed his life was going to be granted back to him because of the things he has done, like a reward. The Holy Grail was a gift from the Gods before it was turned into something dark both by Nimue when she used her powers for darkness and Merlin who turned it into a weapon. In the end, Killian and Emma (because his death was also her sacrifice, plus it was going to be her life or his) tried to undo all of that, and they were both played.

And now this whole thing with the TL quest. And so if Hades uses that to his advantage, it negates the curse Zeus will have put on him for whatever reason.

• Love 1

Exactly Emma and Hook will be confirmed TL so they clearly succeed but Hades in the end backstabs them and uses whatever Hook and Emma did on himself.

Jennifer Morrison did an interview today w/ Hollywood life where not only does she hint that CS are TL but that Emma will propose to Hook.

21 minutes ago, Hookian said:

Jennifer Morrison did an interview today w/ Hollywood life where not only does she hint that CS are TL but that Emma will propose to Hook.

Is there a link to that you can post in the SPOILERS ONLY: OUAT thread?

20 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

There is a speculation going around Tumblr that Zeus is going to be the one that in the end saves Hook and brings him back to life. Personally if it's not Emma who saves Hook but a random guy we are going to see once (even if that random guy is the father of Gods), I would be really mad.

I could see it working like the others mentioned -- where Emma does all the right things, but is ripped off, or it turns out that never was going to work, and then Zeus saves Hook as a reward because she's more than earned her miracle. That would be a surprise!shocking!twist! for this show, if Emma actually gets rewarded with something positive for something good she's done. I think it would still count as her being the one to save Hook, even if someone else performs the actual miracle/magic.

• Love 1

That sneak peek felt stupid to me. The arguing over moral superiority with Hook and Regina was grating. Regina's not the one with the most motivation to help Zelana because reasons? All that buildup from the last episode and she gets to sit on the sidelines while her sister is in peril? Making a deal with Hades sounds contrived.

I did really enjoy Hades saying, "Wow, you've only been your sister's friend for 3 hours now Regina, get off your high horse."

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Regina's not the one with the most motivation to help Zelana because reasons? All that buildup from the last episode and she gets to sit on the sidelines while her sister is in peril?

You kidding? I'm laughing! How many times in the past has Emma been built up to be important and the one to save the day only for it to be Regina instead?  FINALLY the shoe's on the other foot!

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

That sneak peek felt stupid to me. The arguing over moral superiority with Hook and Regina was grating. Regina's not the one with the most motivation to help Zelana because reasons? All that buildup from the last episode and she gets to sit on the sidelines while her sister is in peril? Making a deal with Hades sounds contrived.

It's kind of like when Emma's magic was taken from her so that Regina can do light magic, or other instances where the build up was that Emma was the solution to whatever problem there was, and it ended up being someone else.

Besides, it's Emma's turn to be used by Hades. Because that's what he's been doing this entire arc, using people to do his bidding.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Mathius said:

You kidding? I'm laughing! How many times in the past has Emma been built up to be important and the one to save the day only for it to be Regina instead?  FINALLY the shoe's on the other foot!

This isn't about saving the day. It's about saving Zelena from Rumple and Pan. If Emma ultimately defeats Hades, then that's fine and good. But there's no guarentee that Hades is telling the truth about the tombstones. Even if he's lying, at least Regina would have the motivation to save her sister. Not so much for Emma. (She did attempt to kill her a week or two ago.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
38 minutes ago, Curio said:

I did really enjoy Hades saying, "Wow, you've only been your sister's friend for 3 hours now Regina, get off your high horse."

Because his and Zelena's relationship has been going on for so much longer? ;-)

7 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Longer by a whole few days, thank you very much! :P

i saw a tumblr post summarizing Jen's interview, and she mentionedthe introduction of the new literary characters for season 6, which just further cements the Jekyll/Hyde stuff.

Because 99% of all the villains on this show are more associated with Disney, rather than their literary counterparts.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Because 99% of all the villains on this show are more associated with Disney, rather than their literary counterparts.

Pan being the 1%, I take it? (Because his creepyness is much more in line with the original book.)

Oh, how I wish Regina had said that. XD

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

From the sneak peek, I think Hades will hold up his deal but it's not going to be enough. His deal was that he'd take the names off the tombstones if she helped. Meaning he would take the names he put on the tombstones as retaliation off. Not Hook's. Hook is dead. Just like the deal with Belle's baby because Rumple didn't kill Gaston, he's going to get them on a technicality. And they aren't going to realize it until he explains it to them. So Hook and Emma may have a true love something/moment but it won't be enough and will require divine intervention from Zeus. 

3 minutes ago, KateJones said:

From the sneak peek, I think Hades will hold up his deal but it's not going to be enough. His deal was that he'd take the names off the tombstones if she helped. Meaning he would take the names he put on the tombstones as retaliation off. Not Hook's. Hook is dead. Just like the deal with Belle's baby because Rumple didn't kill Gaston, he's going to get them on a technicality. And they aren't going to realize it until he explains it to them. So Hook and Emma may have a true love something/moment but it won't be enough and will require divine intervention from Zeus. 

That's it. Hook is dead, his name is not coming off anything. Plus does Hades even have the power to do that considering how limited his powers seem to be? 

Emma helps him get Zelena back, and Hades doesn't even have to tear up that contract anymore. I'm thinking Rumple will be pissed at that. Zelena was his ace in the hole, and that's taken from him.

1 hour ago, HoodlumSheep said:

Lol @Hook's "did I miss something about Zelena being redeemed?" line. Clearly he skipped  watching last week's episode. 

The reception in the Underworld sucks, and the cable is always out.

Though Hook does have good reason to be skeptical of Regina's claims that some other villain has been redeemed or could be redeemed. The last time she vouched for someone, she let the Queens of Darkness (and Rumple) into town, which led to a lot of other nastiness. There's a good chance he wouldn't be where he is now if she hadn't done that, since Rumple likely would have just died without the Darkness becoming an issue if he hadn't been within the town lines. Granted, Regina was somewhat right about Ursula and Maleficent's capacity for redemption, but if she'd been a little more cautious about how she let people through the town line, and if she'd maybe been there to take the scroll right away instead of giving them the chance to throw it back to Rumple, they'd have all been a lot better off. So anyone who's been paying attention should probably raise an eyebrow whenever Regina jumps right to "yes, I know this person is a villain who's done you a lot of harm, but they're totally redeemed now" on the basis of the last 30 seconds.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2016 at 2:48 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I've been wondering about one thing.

If Hades is set to go to Storybrooke, does that mean Zelena gives him the kiss he's been coveting, or does he manage to turn whatever happens under the library between Captain Swan to his advantage, like siphon whatever magic that may come from their quest (since true love is magic and all) onto himself the same way Rumple siphoned the magic from Excalibur in 5x11?

Because I'm pretty sure Hades isn't getting a TLK from Zelena.

Plus we know Zeus is coming in 5x21, and that's probably because the curse he placed on Hades no longer applies.

I hope it's because he secretly siphons off what CS accomplish for Hook -- because that would mean that they actually accomplish something. I don't buy that he & Zelena are TL.

Wow. They showed Hades tearing up the contract in the Second Sneak Peek. And from the promo pictures, we know that Zelena is back with the gang. That was... simple. If Hades didn't really need Emma's help to get Zelena back, why would he honor his deal to take everyone's names off their gravestones?

Unless there is more to come with the "Stiltskins". Once they hand Zelena back to Hades, what's to stop Hades from harming the unconscious Belle, or throwing Pan into the flaming river? So, it would be really stupid of Rumple and Pan to give up the only leverage they have. Maybe Rumple took Zelena's heart and is holding that as leverage until he can leave the UW with Belle. Pan wants to leave the UW and go back to Sb. So, I'm sure he has something up his sleeve as well. 

I agree that Hades is only helping Hook/Emma so he can get something out of it. Zelena doesn't seem all that ready to kiss him, even though she seemed surprised and pleased when Hades tore up the contract for her sake. He will probably channel their True Love magic to restart his heart and betray everyone in the process. 

Maybe Rumple took Zelena's heart and is holding that as leverage until he can leave the UW with Belle. Pan wants to leave the UW and go back to Sb. So, I'm sure he has something up his sleeve as well. 

Unless they decide to change that, Zelena protected her heart from being taken based on what she told Hook in 5x01.

But yeah, the whole sneak peek was weird. Why would Rumple trust anything Hades does or says after he basically reneged on the deal he made to send him home? 

• Love 1

I agree that Hades is only helping Hook/Emma so he can get something out of it. Zelena doesn't seem all that ready to kiss him, even though she seemed surprised and pleased when Hades tore up the contract for her sake.

I tell you, Hades is playing the long con. Pretend he's interested in Zelena and put Rumple under his thumb. He's watched Rumple for hundreds of years and knows Rumple isn't going to take that lying down. The only weakness Hades has conveniently shown is Zelena, so that is the only angle that Rump will have to take. Meanwhile, stick team hero's names on tombstones (we still don't know if that actually means anything to live people). Thus, he can pretend to need their help while offering something in return (shadow of Oz where Dorothy always had the power to go home and all the other shenanigans were effectively pointless for Team Dorothy's goals - Scarecrow already had a brain, the Tin Man already had a heart and the Lion could always have been brave).

They will save Zelena (who was going to be saved by the torn up contract anyway) and get their reward, but "Oops" Hook has to stay because he is technically dead and Hades never wrote his name on a tombstone (some other force did). "Isn't there anything we can do?". "No, nothing...well....maybe...no....it would be impossible". "Tell, us, we'll try anything." "It would be perilous and you would need true love and no...it's too risky". "No, no, tell us. We'll do it.". (Sawyer always taught us that it must be the victim who insists on setting themselves up). "Okay, here is what you must do." And they do it and he gets what he wants.

Why did he pick Zelena? Well, she's the only unattached female in the bunch and a total Miss Lonely Heart. She'd totally fall for his romantic overtures because she's never had anybody make a play for her. The only other person not in a committed relationship (Belle/Rumple and David/Snow were confirmed TLs while Robin/Regina are confirmed soul mates and Emma came to Hell to get her boyfriend back) is Henry and he's a bit young even for Hades.

• Love 1

After watching the second Sneak Peek, it's becoming harder to believe Hades is conning Zelena. The show isn't really providing any clues that he's deceiving her other than he's evil and too good to be true. However, I have to remember it's this show. I wouldn't be surprised if Hades pulled a 180 and that's the big twist ending. (The untrustworthy guy is untrustworthy! Omg!) It's not so much about parsing evidence as it is guessing how A&E's minds are spinning. I'm so uninvested in Hades that I really don't care either way.

Since it's unlikely Pan will make it back into the land of the living, I hope he gets some scenes. At least something more substantial than standing there as Rumple's henchman/dad. It is fun to see those two working together, though.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, FierceAfroChick said:

Wasn’t there a spoiler about Emma being out of the Underworld and carrying around Hook’s soul in some kind of box or something?

I don't think anyone responded to this yet, but I remember reading about this as well. Unfortunately, I can't find any photo or Twitter recap to verify it. Does anyone have a link to it? I couldn't find it in the main Spoilers Only thread.

We're also getting closer in the show's timeline to when Jen and Bex filmed this scene together:

So maybe Hades does double-cross them all and Zelena allows it and Emma's pissed at Zelena because it jeopardized Hook's chances of coming back?

• Love 1

The Hook's soul in a box spoiler came from someone who included it as part of some grand Swan Queen theory, so I think it was kind of brushed aside because of the very obviously fanon ship spec. I didn't see it anywhere else.

Also, the contract being ripped up is interesting in light of this description from "Last Rites":

Elsewhere as the Underworld arc comes to a close: Rumple explores both leverage and a loophole to nix Hades’ contract; Regina and Robin “team up to take someone down”; Henry’s power as the Author “plays a huge part” in the proceedings; we meet Hades’ brother Zeus; and a current coupling “maybe” won’t last the season.

Maybe they just combined some descriptions for the last couple of episodes into two parts in that article?

Edited by KAOS Agent
1 hour ago, KAOS Agent said:

Elsewhere as the Underworld arc comes to a close: Rumple explores both leverage and a loophole to nix Hades’ contract; Regina and Robin “team up to take someone down”; Henry’s power as the Author “plays a huge part” in the proceedings; we meet Hades’ brother Zeus; and a current coupling “maybe” won’t last the season.

This makes me wonder if there is some way to twist Rumple's contract from "second child" into "grandchild" or son of my son.  It seems to fit all three parts of the summary.

It gives Rumple a little cover on his actions if he doesn't immediately sacrifice Henry when he realizes the loophole and keeps looking for other leverage.  And at this point, this show is going to pull something like that out.

Protecting Henry is a good reason for Regina and Rumple to team up to take someone sown.

Henry plays a huge part.  Would having power over an Arthur be enough to give up leverage on Rumple or whatever he wants the baby for if its more than just wanting Rumple under his thumb.

By process of elimination, the "maybe" couple must be Emma and Hook grappling with whether he moves on or can get back to Storybrooke.

Maybe they just combined some descriptions for the last couple of episodes into two parts in that article?

Or Hades rips a fake contract. Perhaps Rumple and Pan realize it right after the sneak peek ends. There has to be some reason Hades still needs Team Hero's help.

Edited by KingOfHearts
On 4/27/2016 at 4:05 PM, InsertWordHere said:

Talk about a real Deus ex machina. (Please ignore this quote box I can't seem to remove)

LOL, I said the exact same thing last night on Tumblr! Zeus is going to be the most literal deus ex machina EVAH. I'm going to mock it forever.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, -Zoe- said:

Regina sounds dumb in the first sneak peek when she acts like a better judge of Hades' character than Hook. Has everyone suddenly forgotten that tiny insignificant thing that happened where Hades literally TORTURED HOOK WITHIN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE/DEATH?? That was a few days ago!! Zelena and Hades' relationship reminds me of the bible verse "If a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit." It's like people trusting two addicts to help each other get clean on their own. It would suck for CS if they get screwed over by Hades, because apparently Hook is the only one who actually realises what a terrible idea trusting him is. (I don't think Emma trusts Hades to change at all either but she's willing to do whatever it takes to resurrect Hook and get them out of there.)

The Zelena redeeming Hades thing is dumb. It was almost like Regina knew it was a dumb idea, but had to go with it anyway because of the script. Just because she can try to trust Zelena it doesn't mean she has to trust that Hades can change from dating her. Zelena herself isn't wholeheartedly helping the side of the angels. If she doesn't fully believe in going on the right path, how can she lead the lord of the dead on it? It's like what @-Zoe- said - it's the blind leading the blind.

Once again the heroes couldn't do anything until the plot allowed them to. They weren't accomplishing anything (aside from saving souls and Regina recruiting Zelena) until Hades showed up with a deal because Rumple just so happened to kidnap his girlfriend.

Edited by KingOfHearts
14 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Protecting Henry is a good reason for Regina and Rumple to team up to take someone down.

It said Regina and ROBIN team up to take someone down, not Regina and Rumple.

16 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

By process of elimination, the "maybe" couple must be Emma and Hook grappling with whether he moves on or can get back to Storybrooke.

The maybe couple is probably Robin and Regina for obvious reasons.

18 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

The Hook's soul in a box spoiler came from someone who included it as part of some grand Swan Queen theory, so I think it was kind of brushed aside because of the very obviously fanon ship spec. I didn't see it anywhere else.

That's kind of a relief because it's hard to imagine how they could bring Hook back to life by putting his soul back into his body, especially after it's apparently been at least a week since he died. There was already the issue of that unhealable mortal wound (that led to all the Dark One stuff in the first place). But the thought of reanimating a corpse that's been dead a week is kind of gross. They're having to cremate my friend who died Saturday because there was a paperwork issue that delayed getting him released from the ME's office, and that meant there was too much decomposition for embalming, and that hasn't even been a week. The only way bringing Hook back to life makes much sense is if they find a way to make his Underworld body corporeal in the living world.

Wasn't the other part of that spoiler something about Arthur having stolen/hidden Hook's body? Why would he even bother or care? They had that one fight, but why would Arthur want to keep him dead? So, yeah, if that one's a foiler, I'm good with it.

2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

But the thought of reanimating a corpse that's been dead a week is kind of gross.

Then I think you would hate the last speculation I've seen in Tumblr, about the funeral they filmed being for Hook and he waking up during it.

On 28/4/2016 at 6:06 PM, Shanna Marie said:

I could see it working like the others mentioned -- where Emma does all the right things, but is ripped off, or it turns out that never was going to work, and then Zeus saves Hook as a reward because she's more than earned her miracle. That would be a surprise!shocking!twist! for this show, if Emma actually gets rewarded with something positive for something good she's done. I think it would still count as her being the one to save Hook, even if someone else performs the actual miracle/magic.

And, once again, someone that is not Hook decides about his life or dead.

I really hate this idea of Hook being saved as a reward for Emma and not because he has earned his right to live. If it was the other way round, with Emma being a reward for Hook, the uproar would be epic.

• Love 2

Couldn't regina have just put his body in a stasis before they left, like she did with Marian? So I'm not grossed out about them reanimating a corpse. Maybe I should be, but it's this show.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I really hate this idea of Hook being saved as a reward for Emma and not because he has earned his right to live. If it was the other way round, with Emma being a reward for Hook, the uproar would be epic.

It could be both. The True Love test stuff looks like it's on both of them, so they both have to earn his return, and Zeus could do the rewarding on the basis of what Emma was willing to go through, as well as Hook earning his own return. That was kind of the way it went in the Hercules movie, where Meg died sacrificing herself, and Herc went after her, and they both managed to return to life.

4 minutes ago, HoodlumSheep said:

Couldn't regina have just put his body in a stasis before they left, like she did with Marian? So I'm not grossed out about them reanimating a corpse. Maybe I should be, but it's this show.

You know, they could have had a nice ticking clock there -- we have to hurry and get back because the stasis spell will only last so long. Except Marian wasn't in a stasis spell, was she? She was frozen by Ingrid's spell, and they saved her life by taking her heart before it could be frozen. Of course, it was actually Zelena, whose heart can't be removed, but whatever. Anyway, a ticking clock of having to hurry to revive Hook before his body goes too far would have added to the tension. If they're going to use the body and not his Underworld body.

My wacky theory is that the funeral is for Hook -- burying his body, while he's alive in his Underworld body that's been given life.

You know, they could have had a nice ticking clock there -- we have to hurry and get back because the stasis spell will only last so long. Except Marian wasn't in a stasis spell, was she?

Daniel was under a stasis spell for more than 40 years (he was killed when Snow was a child and was re-animated after a 30 year curse). What makes it more oogy is that Regina didn't have any magic when he was killed. I'm hoping that Rumple started the stasis spell or he was several days/weeks/months ripe by the time Regina had that kind of magic. Daniel's history under stasis would seem to imply there is no ticking clock for the spell.

Blue was dead for a while before she was brought back to life (long enough to set up a funeral and do some town-line shenanigans).

I don't think that A&E lets a little biology get in the way of their Great Ideas (TM). They will leave how Hook didn't decompose as an exercise for the viewer.

It would be pretty dramatic if Hook popped open the coffin lid. Maybe A&E will go all Edgar Allen Poe and bury him first. Maybe he will pop his hook out of the grave like Carrie. CSI did an episode where Nick was kidnapped and buried alive. That was pretty stressful for me (I think I would just up and die if that happened to me), so I hope they don't do that.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, kili said:

CSI did an episode where Nick was kidnapped and buried alive. That was pretty stressful for me (I think I would just up and die if that happened to me), so I hope they don't do that.

I remember that! Not a lot scares me, but the whole buried alive scenario creeps me out so much. Same with that movie The Vanishing with Keifer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges. So no thanks.

What are all these Tumblr theories based on? Pure speculation? I'm not going to take any of them to heart.

Sorry about the previous post. I was trying to shake a quote box that would not go away from the reply window -- it was hanging around from when I replied to something YESTERDAY!!

So apparently this info was out before, but I missed it:

CreatorsEddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz previously teased to E! News that the season five finale will "see the arrival of someone new and the return of someone old as our heroes' faith in each other and in magic itself is put to the ultimate test." Who's the familiar face returning? Morrison's not telling, but she does admit it's someone we'd never have expected.

Could the return of someone old be the Evil Queen?? I can't think who else it would be, really.

Edited by Souris
Left out word
9 minutes ago, Souris said:

Could the return of someone old be the Evil Queen?? I can't think who else it would be, really.

I just said this exact thing on Tumblr. It's something about the way it's worded that it's someone we'd never expect.

But lots of people have already theorized the return of the EQ due to the Robin Death rumor.

so it wouldn't be surprising to the tumblr fandom at least.

I'd be more surprised if it was anyone other than the EQ returning.

give me Ursula, Tinker Bell, Gus Gus, random dead dark knight #45, bo peep, PONGO and I'd be a lot more shocked or surprised. The return of the EQ? Not shocking in the slightest.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
1 minute ago, HoodlumSheep said:

But lots of people have already theorized the return of the EQ due to the Robin Death rumor.

so it wouldn't be surprising to the tumblr fandom at least.

But it would be really surprising for the GA. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

But it would be really surprising for the GA. 

It would, I think. And I think it would be a Jekyll/Hyde situation where Regina doesn't even realize -- given that we're getting actual Jekyll/Hyde, it stands to reason that we'd get some current character in that situation.

My guess is that she will be given the Jekyll/Hyde potion -- which I petition to be called Jekyll Juice.

Edited by Souris
Added comment

I'm going to save most of my judgement until Sunday night, but I'm not excited about the Captain Swan TL test if that's the case. Their love has been tested repeatedly already. Like others have said, Emma doesn't need to learn to let Hook go a second time. If the writers are going to keep playing up the CS angst, they should at least cover some new ground. It is nice that we're getting payoff (so rare on this show), but it's a retread of what we've already gotten. Hook decided to live in 5x15 and Emma let him go in 5x11. We don't need more confirmation for either of those things. I'm more interested in where CS is going to go after they get back and presumably get married.

Well, since the Evil Queen and Regina are separate people, is it really that surprising? A&E can go a step further with their biological relations - it's Regina's alter ego! Soft Evil vs. Evil!

My guess is that she will be given the Jekyll/Hyde potion -- which I petition to be called Jekyll Juice.

Maybe the curse will transfer to her from Jekyll/Hyde?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

For me to consider it shocking it'd have to be a character that we haven't seen in a long time, in present day AND in flashbacks. We still see the EQ on a regular basis. Even if we haven't seen her in present day I just don't find it shocking. You have stuff in the season 5 narrative that could easily be taken as signs that she's going to revert (see her terrible behavior in 5a for example).

but whatever.

I  really don't think this TL test is about Emma letting Killian go. The scales look to be the key. They have to weigh whatever is in that bag....that looks particularly heart-sized to me. The fact that her heart couldn't be removed by Regina is haunting me. I  think it can be removed if Emma wants it to but only by someone like herself...like Pan had to get Henry to remove his own or maybe by Hades (since he's the god if Death). Not sure what Killian has to put on the scale but I am wondering if his soul isn't ending up inside her heart and both him and heart in that bag for Emma to carry back up to SB.

25 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

I  really don't think this TL test is about Emma letting Killian go. The scales look to be the key. They have to weigh whatever is in that bag....that looks particularly heart-sized to me. The fact that her heart couldn't be removed by Regina is haunting me. I  think it can be removed if Emma wants it to but only by someone like herself...like Pan had to get Henry to remove his own or maybe by Hades (since he's the god if Death). Not sure what Killian has to put on the scale but I am wondering if his soul isn't ending up inside her heart and both him and heart in that bag for Emma to carry back up to SB.

So maybe Emma sacrificing her own life is the test?

Edited by KingOfHearts
37 minutes ago, HoodlumSheep said:

For me to consider it shocking it'd have to be a character that we haven't seen in a long time, in present day AND in flashbacks. We still see the EQ on a regular basis. Even if we haven't seen her in present day I just don't find it shocking. You have stuff in the season 5 narrative that could easily be taken as signs that she's going to revert (see her terrible behavior in 5a for example).

but whatever.

But we see the EQ in flashbacks, and Regina is now reformed. They've been putting a lot of emphasis on her bring a family with these people, and she went as far as to say she loves them.

I thought Lana and A&E were saying we would get to see a lot more of the EQ in 5B, but that hasn't happened. I guess they might have dropped whatever it is they were planning when they decided to go Jekyll and Hyde for 6A.

The Evil Queen's return might be surprising to the general viewers I guess. But ho-hum. 

A&E can go a step further with their biological relations - it's Regina's alter ego! Soft Evil vs. Evil!

LMAO

They have to weigh whatever is in that bag....that looks particularly heart-sized to me. 

In the Osiris myth, a dead person's heart/soul is weighed against a feather. If it weighs the same, they are considered worthy of afterlife. So maybe there's a phoenix/firebird feather in the bag, and Emma and Hook need to balance it with a symbol of their Love. 

Hook decided to live in 5x15 and Emma let him go in 5x11. 

Yeah. If Hook keeps repeating she should have let him go, it's starting to look like Emma's just desperate to hold on to him. But then, these writers keep retreading the same issues over and over. So, I don't know...

Just thought some more about it and i am convinced Emma is literally going to carry Kiilian's soul in her heart. The test is her heart with his soul carried in it one side of the scale. Didn't she say that they would share a heart...or did she say 'split? 

Anyway. .that's my bug revelation / theory. That's how Killian's soul is getting back to SB. It also parallels Snowing but doesn't diminish their heart splitting. .

• Love 1