Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

*jumps up and down with hand raised*

I have no clue what this is. Pretty please elaborate, and thank you!

It's a Disney movie from a few months ago. It mostly takes place inside a young girl's head, and deals with her emotions. In the movie there are five emotions: Joy, Sadness, Fear, Angel and Disgust (each emotion is a character. Joy is voiced by Amy Pohler). So, when Joy is in "charge", the girl is happy, when Sadness is in charge, she's sad, etc. 

But I guess it's probably a reference to a song? Never heard of it.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

When routine bites hard

And ambitions are low

And resentment rides high

But emotions won't grow

And we're changing our ways, taking different roads

Then love, love will tear us apart again

Love, love will tear us apart again

Love Will Tear Us Apart, Joy Division

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 4

When routine bites hard

And ambitions are low

And resentment rides high

But emotions won't grow

And we're changing our ways, taking different roads

Then love, love will tear us apart again

Love, love will tear us apart again

Love Will Tear Us Apart, Joy Division

Thanks for looking that up! Kudos to the spoiler thread if we accurately predicted the song that gets played during the obligatory Granny's celebration montage.

• Love 1

Thanks for looking that up! Kudos to the spoiler thread if we accurately predicted the song that gets played during the obligatory Granny's celebration montage.

If there's an actual celebration after what we think goes down goes down, it will be in very poor taste. Forget what Emma must feel.

If there's an actual celebration after what we think goes down goes down, it will be in very poor taste. Forget what Emma must feel.

That's exactly why they'd do it. These are the same people who threw a party after figuring out Emma became a Dark One, threw a carnival in honor of their Camelot friends instead of talking to Emma, and put Emma in timeout while they did library research. I could totally see them throwing a "We Just Defeated the Dark Ones!" party while Emma's off being devastated in the back hallway next to the bathroom.

• Love 6

That's exactly why they'd do it. These are the same people who threw a party after figuring out Emma became a Dark One, threw a carnival in honor of their Camelot friends instead of talking to Emma, and put Emma in timeout while they did library research. I could totally see them throwing a "We Just Defeated the Dark Ones!" party while Emma's off being devastated in the back hallway next to the bathroom.

At least she'll be next to the bathroom. should bring back some good memories for her.

They are so inappropriate. I think the writers has some traumatic experiences growing up.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

That's fucked up. I wont even be surprised if someone scolds her for daring to grieve and sulk in the back.

ETA: They are probably doing this because Emma and Co didn't eat Regina's lasagna and since Emma's the only one who ever truly gets punished they would rather stomp on her heart even more.

Edited by mjgchick

How am I living in a world where so many people are unfamiliar with Joy Division? Mind blown. Anyhoo, it could be a specific reference to Love Will Tear Us Apart, or just shorthand for "angsty." If someone told me to "crank up the Joy Division" I'd assume they meant "do some gothy, teenage wallowing." 

• Love 6

How am I living in a world where so many people are unfamiliar with Joy Division? Mind blown.

I'm not too keen on my 80s bands. 70s and 60s is where it's at.

The sad thing is that it's actually quite plausible the gang might throw a Granny's celebration. The heroes start the episode wearing different outfits than they are when Rumple cuts his hand and Emma's back in her red jacket. So that means enough time has to pass between the climax where Hook most likely sacrifices himself and the next day when everyone changes clothes. And what event almost always happens immediately after the gang defeats the big villain? Granny's Party.

Something I noticed during the latest BTS from 5x14, Ginny's got a change of coat, and boots, and Jen has boots instead of ankle boots. I don't know if this is a rehearsal think or something that will stick during the episode. Shoes, people don't really notice, but a coat change is something noticeable. 

After reading the latest interview, I would have to say that either Colin really internalized his talking points and is completely on message (a media trainer's dream!), or all these interviews are actually one interview, where all the entertainment reporters got on a conference call with him at once and got to ask him questions. Too many of the answers are repeated word-for-word. So it's not like he's doing multiple interviews repeating the rationale about Hook's darkness. I would suspect he said it once and it's being repeated in multiple places. I also wonder how much of it is his head canon to make it all make sense to him so he can play it with any authenticity as though he actually believes it -- like what Ginny mentioned about having to work to rationalize the "yay adultery!" speech. So is the show really going to depict Hook as being so far gone, or is that the place Colin had to go to in order to explain Hook changing so abruptly, even though he's learned to fight darkness?

• Love 4

So is the show really going to depict Hook as being so far gone, or is that the place Colin had to go to in order to explain Hook changing so abruptly, even though he's learned to fight darkness?

A little of column A, a little of column B.

He probably rationalized it the same way he did when he said he discussed it with whomever kind of keeps track of the magic rules (lol), in that even though Rumple had his heart, Rumple would want Hook to feel all that guilt, etc. because it would make him suffer more.

Whatever it takes to make sense of all the nonsense, I suppose.

That's what I've thought about these interviews as well. A good number all sound identical.

• Love 2

These actor interviews to promote specific episodes are usually conference calls. That is pretty well known and actors have even mentioned that. Each reporter gets to ask a few questions and they all use whatever is said during the call in their articles. Some shows require questions to be submitted in advance so approved answers can be written for the actor to respond with.

• Love 1

So the President is going to address the nation on Sunday night at 8pm and my only thought is "WHAT ABOUT ONCE UPON A TIME???". *sorry*

I've been preparing to watch this darn episode & Hook "dying" at 8pm for a week now. No delays please!

Edited by Sarcastica
  • Love 7

Sean randomly reposted a pic of him, Colin & MRJ on IG, and MRJ tweeted about filming for his show ending for the season. So I suspect we're getting Neal in 5x14 -- which makes sense given that Milah is in it and there were reports of the young actor who played Bae being on set.

Ugh, I hope he's just there for one ep & not more.

I won't mind Neal showing up if they finally allow someone to address what he did to Emma, but I am not too hopeful.

Wouldn't that be creepy if it was Dylan Schmid? Almost as creepy as Milah, Rumple, Hook and Emma being in the same scene.

I won't mind Neal showing up if they finally allow someone to address what he did to Emma, but I am not too hopeful.

It will happen at the same time when Emma finds out about Graham. ;-)

• Love 7

Sean randomly reposted a pic of him, Colin & MRJ on IG, and MRJ tweeted about filming for his show ending for the season. So I suspect we're getting Neal in 5x14 -- which makes sense given that Milah is in it and there were reports of the young actor who played Bae being on set.

Ugh, I hope he's just there for one ep & not more.

...That picture is a year old.

...That picture is a year old.

Yes, it is -- and Sean randomly reposted it today, which is the point. Combined with the fact that MRJ finished with his show yesterday, it seems like quite the coinky-dink.

Edited by Souris

Yes, it is -- and Sean randomly reposted it today, which is the point. Combined with the fact that MRJ finished with his show yesterday, it seems like quite the coinky-dink.

Well hey I'm all for Neal coming back and thankfully Emma will not be conflicted because it's Killian she's going to the UW for. So I'm all for it. I fully expect we will see Daniel during this arc so appropriate that we see Neal as well.

Well hey I'm all for Neal coming back and thankfully Emma will not be conflicted because it's Killian she's going to the UW for. So I'm all for it. I fully expect we will see Daniel during this arc so appropriate that we see Neal as well.

.....if we have to have the obnoxious older Bae back...i only wish it had been while Emma was still Darked up and without the mental filter ....! "You would have avoided me because 'magic ' ...here just hold all this Darkness for me while I pick up this sword...that's it. Now BIG smile and say 'I did it for your own good '...!"

• Love 2

Can we just have Hook, Emma, Neal, Rumple, and Milan in a scene? Awkward! I mean I know we basically have most of that scene already but an adult Neal would make it extra perfect.

• Love 3

That's not going to happen. He died a hero, he and Emma fixed their issues in the 30 seconds talk they had. And the writers are not planning to address anything about the things that have been done to Emma. If that was the case, she and her parents would now have the most amazing relationship.

• Love 5

Yep, that script tease put me fully back on the "not everything is as it seems" train. Hook wants the sword so he can stab the other Dark Ones or himself. He couldn't have it with him when he greeted them at the lake because they would have either taken it or used it to snuff out the light, whatever that means. 

That's not going to happen. He died a hero, he and Emma fixed their issues in the 30 seconds talk they had. And the writers are not planning to address anything about the things that have been done to Emma. 

That's why I said I'm not too hopeful.

Did Merlin visit wee!Hook?

I can't help but think that we will be treated to something similar with wee!Hook as we were with wee!Emma. 

He tells Emma to leave the sword alone, and Hook to crush his heart. Ok, I don't know that he would've done that, but I think Merlin went to Hook with one of his awesome prophecies.

Hmm, that script tease: why are they talking about which one of them will die? Because it seems like Emma just said something to Hook about how he'll die if he does something, to which he responds, "And if you do, you'll die." Then he asks her to hand over what I'm presuming is Excalibur.

I would so love for Hook to be pulling a long con, but I don't think he is, and I don't want to get my hopes up. Maybe it's a medium con. As in, he was batshit insane in Camelot and crushed Merlin's heart because he was a full-on Dark Asshole, but when he got back his memories in Storybrook he somehow found the wherewithal to orchestrate a plan to kill the Darkness. 

Maybe if Merlin did appear to young Hook, he said something like, "When the time comes, take the deal the Dark One offers you and kill me." Imagine how much that would have messed with Hook all this time if he remembered it after running into Rumple as the Dark One. Like, wth? Why would that bloke think I would ever make a deal with the Crocodile?

But I think the wee!Hook flashback will mostly deal with his father leaving him. I don't think there's room for Merlin. 

I would so love for Hook to be pulling a long con, but I don't think he is, and I don't want to get my hopes up. Maybe it's a medium con. As in, he was batshit insane in Camelot and crushed Merlin's heart because he was a full-on Dark Asshole, but when he got back his memories in Storybrook he somehow found the wherewithal to orchestrate a plan to kill the Darkness.

This is what I am leaning towards as well. Upon rewatch, all the Camelot scenes seem straightforward. Hook was tricking Emma there, but the trick was telling her he would fight the darkness, not that he had a secret plan to make it appear like he's working with the Dark Ones. It's the Storybrooke parts that leave lots of wiggle room, especially leaving Rumple with the sword. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1

Maybe if Merlin did appear to young Hook, he said something like, "When the time comes, take the deal the Dark One offers you and kill me." Imagine how much that would have messed with Hook all this time if he remembered it after running into Rumple as the Dark One. Like, wth? Why would that bloke think I would ever make a deal with the Crocodile?

But I think the wee!Hook flashback will mostly deal with his father leaving him. I don't think there's room for Merlin. 

And what if that's the reason his father left him? He wouldn't have to have knowledge of that precisely, or even remember until he needs to remember. I'm not sure that the connection/link Elliot was talking about between Merlin and Hook has happened on screen yet. I don't count heart crushing as a link between them.

I'm just spit balling, and I'm still on the "it's all Merlin's fault" train.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

So Rumple's allowed to have the sword, but if Emma gets her hands on it, then it's a big uh-oh? So Hook probably knows Emma would try offing herself somehow. Why give it to Rumple in the first place then? Why risk Emma possibly getting her hands on it again by leaving it with Rumple (even if Rumple is needsd for his plan or something)?

Why not keep it secret, keep it safe?

What I got from this season: blame Merlin for everything and blame all flashback discontinuities on CS's time travel adventure. It caused Regina to wear a different outfit on a certain day and Hook to change his vest. If Snowing's journey changed just a hair, then why not everyone else's?

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 4

And what if that's the reason his father left him? He wouldn't have to have knowledge of that precisely, or even remember until he needs to remember. I'm not sure that the connection/link Elliot was talking about between Merlin and Hook has happened on screen yet. I don't count heart crushing as a link between them.

I'm just spit balling, and I'm still on the "it's all Merlin's fault" train.

i speculated a while back that Merlin was the reason Papa Hook deserted his kids...because Killian had a 'great destiny ' My thinking was that it ties up nicely the whole kindred spirit thing with Emma in that both their lives shaped and manipulated by powerful beings.My poor babies....!

Quick favor request. I want to rewatch the episode that is being revisited tonight, but I don't know which one it is. I've gone back about a dozen pages and can't find where it was mentioned. Which one is it? TIA!

2x09

Did I miss something? Someone enlighten me please.

I wasn't saying that it wasn't. But I'm not sure what's left to be said I haven't already heard a hundred times. That's for another board and another argument anyway.

All I'm saying is I would like a live chat so that I can keep up with what is going on while I'm not able to watch.

They usually have one going at the imdb boards.

• Love 1

Hm isn't this script tease Emma threatening to kill Nimue with Excalibur and Hook telling her that if she does, she'll kill herself as well? Which is likely what he's going to do.

Yes, except he does it after Emma gets de-Darked. How does that happen though?